PDA

View Full Version : Heat need to monitor LeBron's minutes better

feelingit
06-08-2013, 07:41 PM
People get tired. The more you play the less fresh you are. When you are young it's not so much a big deal, but as you age it gets to be.

LeBron is 10 years into his career. He's 28. He's right about that age when physical indestructibility starts to go away.

Look at guys like Duncan who has seen his minutes drop right around 28. That's what the Heat should be doing.

LeBron is just too big of a man to maintain his pace and minutes.

Stamina is a skinny players game. Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan. They fit the bill.

At 6'8" 260 pounds it's just a bad idea to ram a player into the ground.

No wonder he's tired.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 07:42 PM
WTF did I just read. Did you just call LeBron fat?

feelingit
06-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Stamina is not a muscular players game.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Stamina is not a muscular players game.

Yes he needs rested. You get tired if you play 42 minutes a night. Playing 28 would be just stupid. He needs to be at about 35-38 a night IMO. That is all players over a length of a season, not just muscular.

feelingit
06-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes he needs rested. You get tired if you play 42 minutes a night. Playing 28 would be just stupid. He needs to be at about 35-38 a night IMO. That is all players over a length of a season, not just muscular.

I'd say 32 mpg in the regular season should be enough. And if you don't think being a huge man doesn't affect your stamina then you are flat out wrong.

LeBron said it himself. He asked to be taken out of the 4th quarter in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. He's tired.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I'd say 32 mpg in the regular season should be enough. And if you don't think being a huge man doesn't affect your stamina then you are flat out wrong.

LeBron said it himself. He asked to be taken out of the 4th quarter in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. He's tired.

Yeah because up to that point he had 2 minutes of rest. I would be tired too. Not a stamina issue.

feelingit
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah because up to that point he had 2 minutes of rest. I would be tired too. Not a stamina issue.

He's playing too many minutes. If he's tired he's playing too many minutes.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 07:58 PM
He's playing too many minutes. If he's tired he's playing too many minutes.

He is playing too many consecutive minutes. He is playing the 1st and 3rd without a break. That will kill you.

feelingit
06-08-2013, 08:00 PM
He is playing too many consecutive minutes. He is playing the 1st and 3rd without a break. That will kill you.

Most definitely.

TheBigCheese12
06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Well their bench isn't all that impressive so he has to play a lot of minutes. Its the finals so i don't see him resting all that much.

feelingit
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Well their bench isn't all that impressive so he has to play a lot of minutes. Its the finals so i don't see him resting all that much.

LeBron has logged many minutes this year and in his career. So the LeBron being rested ship has sailed.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Yeah the bench of Cole, Battier, Miller, Anderson, Allen is horrible................sarcasm.

Cubby
06-08-2013, 08:11 PM

That's because you don't play sports.

He does, so he is used to playing heavy minutes.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Doesn't mean he is super-human. He gets tired too. Not saying it as an excuse. Just saying Spo needs to manage his minutes better and not play him long stretches.

TheBigCheese12
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah the bench of Cole, Battier, Miller, Anderson, Allen is horrible................sarcasm.

I didn't say horrible did i? I said it isn't all that impressive and it really isn't. How did they fair against the Spurs? Not that great. Cole is the only one that i like.

justinnum1
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
40-44min is fine

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I didn't say horrible did i? I said it isn't all that impressive and it really isn't. How did they fair against the Spurs? Not that great. Cole is the only one that i like.

Allen played great. Anderson did too. Miller hit a couple key shots as well.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:17 PM
40-44min is fine

If that is your stance, I wouldn't trust you to coach Y-ball yet alone NBA.

Cubby
06-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Doesn't mean he is super-human. He gets tired too. Not saying it as an excuse. Just saying Spo needs to manage his minutes better and not play him long stretches.

LeBron can't log this many minutes all playoffs, I agree. It's simply too much in such a short amount of time. But comparing him, an almost literal superhuman compared to over 99% of humans, to any of us who don't play professional sports, is asinine. He is a freak. As much as I don't really like the guy, he is insane.

Spo needs to learn how to balance playing Wade and LeBron because neither playing at the beginning of the fourth quarter killed Miami last game.

TheLegend
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
To me it's a garbage excuse. If the Heat won nobody would've said anything including Lebron. This isn't the regular season, this is the NBA finals. No excuses. U do whatever it takes now. I Remember times Jordan played the entire game or close to it. Had the heat won Lebron would've been talking about how he play every minute if he needs to.

And part of the issue was the fact that the Pacers was a difficult and physical series. Well so what. No excuse. I remember In '93 after Jordan's bulls disposed the very psychical Knicks team, they went into Phoenix and went up 2-0 and dominated Barkleys rested and talented Suns team. But that's the difference with this generation. Lebron can complain about playing 42 mins in a finals game, tho Guys like Jordan did it routinely, then u got gullible fans buying into it. Lol to funny.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
LeBron can't log this many minutes all playoffs, I agree. It's simply too much in such a short amount of time. But comparing him, an almost literal superhuman compared to over 99% of humans, to any of us who don't play professional sports, is asinine. He is a freak. As much as I don't really like the guy, he is insane.

Spo needs to learn how to balance playing Wade and LeBron because neither playing at the beginning of the fourth quarter killed Miami last game.

I was just trying to point out everyone gets tired. They may not want to admit it (in this case LeBron did) but people need to rest. This has been an area that Spo has never really excelled at.

TheBigCheese12
06-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Allen played great. Anderson did too. Miller hit a couple key shots as well.

Do you think they can hold their own against a team like the Spurs and give LeBron more time to rest? I don't. I could see it if Wade and Bosh were playing better but they're not.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:24 PM
To me it's a garbage excuse. If the Hear won nobody would've said anything including Lebron. This isn't the regular season, this is the NBA finals. No excuses. U do whatever it takes now. I Remember times Jordan played the entire game or close to it. Had the heat won Lebron would've been talking about how he play every minute if he needs to.

And part of the issue was the fact that the Pacers was a difficult and physical series. Well so what. No excuse. I remember In '93 after Jordan's bulls disposed the very psychical Knicks team, they went into Phoenix and went up 2-0 and dominated Barkleys rested and talented Suns team. But that's the difference with this generation. Lebron can complain about playing 42 mins in a finals game, tho Guys like Jordan did it routinely, then u got gullible fans buying into it. Lol to funny.

He didn't complain, he just said he was tired. That was an interaction that happened between him and Spo that happened. He never said they lost or anything because of that. The interviewer asked why he was benched for the first 3 minutes of the fourth. LeBron answered, not an excuse.

Nice try though.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Do you think they can hold their own against a team like the Spurs and give LeBron more time to rest? I don't. I could see it if Wade and Bosh were playing better but they're not.

They did they started the fourth quarter up 3 and in the 3 minutes Wade and LeBron sat that didn't change.

So yes, I think they can. Did you even watch the game?

TheLegend
06-08-2013, 08:28 PM
He didn't complain, he just said he was tired. That was an interaction that happened between him and Spo that happened. He never said they lost or anything because of that. The interviewer asked why he was benched for the first 3 minutes of the fourth. LeBron answered, not an excuse.

Nice try though.

Ok, he was tired. So what. Big deal, he got some rest. What's the point of this thread? It's a non issue. Why do people make threads like this about something that is really nothing.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Ok, he was tired. So what. Big deal, he got some rest. What's the point of this thread? It's a non issue. Why do people make threads like this about something that is really nothing.

So let me get this straight.

1. It is a non issue.
2. You used the non-issue out of context and bashed a player saying it is an excuse.
3. You then get told it wasn't being used as an excuse.
4. You repeat it is a non issue.

GENIUS. I found a ****ing genius on PSD and his name is The Legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feelingit
06-08-2013, 08:36 PM
To me it's a garbage excuse. If the Heat won nobody would've said anything including Lebron. This isn't the regular season, this is the NBA finals. No excuses. U do whatever it takes now. I Remember times Jordan played the entire game or close to it. Had the heat won Lebron would've been talking about how he play every minute if he needs to.

That's because Jordan had more stamina than LeBron. I've said that for years, but people never listened.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
That's because Jordan had more stamina than LeBron. I've said that for years, but people never listened.

Jordan got so tired he retired three times.

TheLegend
06-08-2013, 08:39 PM
So let me get this straight.

1. It is a non issue.
2. You used the non-issue out of context and bashed a player saying it is an excuse.
3. You then get told it wasn't being used as an excuse.
4. You repeat it is a non issue.

GENIUS. I found a ****ing genius on PSD and his name is The Legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ppl on this forum reminds me of being in a relationship with a whining female. Lol. No matter what u say, she will always take what u said and use as something to argue about.

well not this time lil momma. take care.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Ppl on this forum reminds me of being in a relationship with a whining female. Lol. No matter what u say, she will always take what u said and use as something to argue about.

well not this time lil momma. take care.

I wasn't argued. I used facts and showed that you had nothing to do but try to bash a player. Then when you were wrong said it was a non issue. You look like a fool.

Don't take care. Take a debate class.

Max.This
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Doesn't anyone think that Pop thought about this when he surprisingly had a game plan of playing with pace. People were saying that it was a bad idea cause thatd play right into the HEAT's game, but if anything it'd tire the HEAT out after coming from a physical 7 game series. Lebron doesn't want to guard Parker because PArker runs off many curls . Did anyone notice the last 2 possessions where Lebron began guarding PArker, he got picked off with relative ease. He doesn't want to do it because its just too tiring for a 6 8 260 muscular athlete to chase around

tredigs
06-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Meh - Hakeem was averaging 40+ MPG as the best player in the NBA while banging against guys like Shaq, D-Rob and Malone in the playoffs en route to one of his titles. And he was 32 year old 7 footer.

****, Wilt literally played 48 a night throughout the entire season + playoffs in an era that had absurd pace.

Realistically he should be fine, he's already playing a couple minutes less than on their previous 2 runs. 28's peak anyway, I'm not seeing signs of him losing any tenacity + athleticism outside of just getting bigger/stronger and losing a half step on his leaps.

KingPosey
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM

Where in the world did you gather that he called him fat in ANY way?

Go look at how heavy muscle, oxygen delivery, and stamina all correlate and then come back and see if you missed the point.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Where in the world did you gather that he called him fat in ANY way?

Go look at how heavy muscle, oxygen delivery, and stamina all correlate and then come back and see if you missed the point.

It was originally a joke because he said "skinny" people. It didn't play well.

KingPosey
06-08-2013, 09:05 PM
No one said a word about his minutes as they made their playoff run, now In the finals when he has 6 games left max, NOW limiting his minutes are an issue lol?

He's 28 not 35, he can play 40 minutes a night for the next week and half, have the entire off season, and revisit that next year.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:08 PM
No one said a word about his minutes as they made their playoff run, now In the finals when he has 6 games left max, NOW limiting his minutes are an issue lol?

He's 28 not 35, he can play 40 minutes a night for the next week and half, have the entire off season, and revisit that next year.

Right it is not the ammount that he is playing in most peoples opinion. It is how they are broken down.

1st-12
2nd- 10
3rd- 12
4th- 9

This makes no sense and yet Spo for some reason does this. Even more odd was he had Wade on the bench at the same time in the 4th.

lamzoka
06-08-2013, 09:09 PM
u shouldn't be allow to start a thread till u have 100 posts or so... no pun intended toward the OP but he or she has 7 posts and they are all from this thread.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:11 PM
u shouldn't be allow to start a thread till u have 100 posts or so... no punt intended toward the OP but he or she has 7 posts and they are all from this thread.

what is a punt intended?

THE MTL
06-08-2013, 10:17 PM
People get tired. The more you play the less fresh you are. When you are young it's not so much a big deal, but as you age it gets to be.

LeBron is 10 years into his career. He's 28. He's right about that age when physical indestructibility starts to go away.

Look at guys like Duncan who has seen his minutes drop right around 28. That's what the Heat should be doing.

LeBron is just too big of a man to maintain his pace and minutes.

Stamina is a skinny players game. Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan. They fit the bill.

At 6'8" 260 pounds it's just a bad idea to ram a player into the ground.

No wonder he's tired.

Its the playoffs dude. MPG dont matter. As for the regular season, as long as he's under 38mpg its fine which he is. And his mpg this season is actually his 2nd lowest in his career.

Also unless you are a health care professional dont make claims about physically indestructibility....I can tell you just pulling your opinion out the sky because in fact a man is at his peak at age 28. So if anything he technically "should" be able to handle more minutes.

NBA_Starter
06-08-2013, 10:40 PM
They can be vulnerable when he's out, he can rest in the offseason.

LongWayFromHome
06-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Doesn't anyone think that Pop thought about this when he surprisingly had a game plan of playing with pace. People were saying that it was a bad idea cause thatd play right into the HEAT's game, but if anything it'd tire the HEAT out after coming from a physical 7 game series. Lebron doesn't want to guard Parker because PArker runs off many curls . Did anyone notice the last 2 possessions where Lebron began guarding PArker, he got picked off with relative ease. He doesn't want to do it because its just too tiring for a 6 8 260 muscular athlete to chase around

aren't the Spurs always playing at a high pace this season?

Aust
06-08-2013, 10:51 PM
They do need to watch his minutes. Must get exhausting having PG duties and having to get most of your points from driving to the hoop and running people over lol.

NBA_Starter
06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
They do need to watch his minutes. Must get exhausting having PG duties and having to get most of your points from driving to the hoop and running people over lol.

It is a rough life :D

SportsFanatic10
06-09-2013, 03:15 AM
i think 42 minutes is perfect in a tight game where he is needed as much as possible. that gives him two three minute breaks.

sunsfan88
06-09-2013, 08:34 AM
It's because Spolestra doesn't have a clue on how to manage minutes for his players. LeBron needs to get more rest while guys like Anderson, Cole & Chalmers need more playing time.

archdevil84
06-09-2013, 08:59 AM
woudnt it be better if lebron rested the final 3 minutes of the 3th quarter? that way he can play the entire 4th after a good long break, and then perhaps sit wade at the start of the 4th