PDA

View Full Version : Round Of Applause For Refs Last Night

Clippersfan86
06-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Cleanest, most accurately officiated game in years. They didn't reward a single flop that I can recall. They let the teams play extremely physically. They didn't show a bias towards either side. Most importantly neither team shot a fu** ton of free throws to muck up the game and make it shi**y. If they can ref like this now, why not every game? If games were reffed like that almost nobody would complain (yes surprisingly that includes me!).

Max.This
06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
did u see the b***** by heat fans on how the refs awarded S.A with the win?

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM
yeah, the constant whistles in the indy series was annoying so much stoppage. this game had a nice flow

Clippersfan86
06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
yeah, the constant call in the indy series was annoying so much stoppage. this game had a nice flow

Pretty much ALL series before this one had WAY too many calls. Did you see the fu**ing Memphis/Clippers series? Whistle every other time down the floor. HATE games like that where refs are the main show. The transparent reffing of last night is how the game is SUPPOSED to be. No ego from refs, just do your damn job.

Aust
06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Man, that bucket by TP was soooo close. Glad they made the correct choice by allowing it.

TeamSeattle
06-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Its these types of games that NBA fans want to see from the officials. No clear favoritism for any one side and they let the players dictate the outcome.

The optimist in me says that when the series progresses, the calls will start coming in for the favorite to win it.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Man, that bucket by TP was soooo close. Glad they made the correct choice by allowing it.

that shot was legendary, i love plays like that in the finals

kenzo400
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM
You will surely be dissapointed in game 2. There is no way the refs will let San Antonio get that one easy lol

IversonIsKrazy
06-08-2013, 01:00 AM
It was truly great. There was a couple of calls on DUncan (the first 2 fouls on him, Charge on Wade, and play-on). But overall, it was great officiating. No doubt, hopefully we see that more conistantly not only in this series, but for future NBA games.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Lets hope this good officiating keeps up as rare as it is. Now that Lebron is down in the series I'm guessing we might see some funky **** go down.

sep11ie
06-08-2013, 01:24 AM
I hate both teams, but enjoyed that game. TP's shot may go down as a top 15-20 NBA Finals play ever.

blastmasta26
06-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Its these types of games that NBA fans want to see from the officials. No clear favoritism for any one side and they let the players dictate the outcome.

The optimist in me says that when the series progresses, the calls will start coming in for the favorite to win it.

I'm confused on that last part, unless you mean to say pessimist rather than optimist.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
I'm confused on that last part, unless you mean to say pessimist rather than optimist.

Nice user name. Blaster Master was one of my favorite game growing up!

Jdawg
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Joey Crawfords crew going to muck things up for game2.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey look all of the haters are already setting the tone for game 2 being rigged. Who would have thought.

kdspurman
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Joey Crawford might have something to say about it come tomorrow.

I Rock Shaqs
06-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey look all of the haters are already setting the tone for game 2 being rigged. Who would have thought.

All of the haters? Wtf are u talking about it was one person...

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
All of the haters? Wtf are u talking about it was one person...

It was the usual suspects of Amos1er, TeamMelo15, Kenzo400.

The kings of calling things Rigged!!!!!!!!!!!

Swarley91
06-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Am I seeing this right? A Heat and a Bears fan? Hahahah, GFO!!!

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Am I seeing this right? A Heat and a Bears fan? Hahahah, GFO!!!

Grew up in Chicago, live in Florida. Didn't care about NBA basketball until about 10 years after I moved from Chicago. Got tickets to Miami games because my grandparents used to print them and gameday guides for the Heat.

STFU

I Rock Shaqs
06-08-2013, 09:03 PM
It was the usual suspects of Amos1er, TeamMelo15, Kenzo400.

The kings of calling things Rigged!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you.

Swarley91
06-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Grew up in Chicago, live in Florida. Didn't care about NBA basketball until about 10 years after I moved from Chicago. Got tickets to Miami games because my grandparents used to print them and gameday guides for the Heat.

STFU

So, two years ago?

STFU bandwagoner.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:10 PM
So, two years ago?

STFU bandwagoner.

I watched Hardway and Zo play when it was Miami Arena, before AA came along. I have nothing to prove to you. I will continue to go to HEAT games, no matter your opinion.

I Rock Shaqs
06-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Cleanest, most accurately officiated game in years. They didn't reward a single flop that I can recall. They let the teams play extremely physically. They didn't show a bias towards either side. Most importantly neither team shot a fu** ton of free throws to muck up the game and make it shi**y. If they can ref like this now, why not every game? If games were reffed like that almost nobody would complain (yes surprisingly that includes me!).

Blake Griffin is trash.

Rivera
06-08-2013, 09:13 PM

Is he really reffing game2?

The funny thing is I thought after game 1 of the spurs victory that he would officiate game 2 as all but to make sure of a 1-1 series when Miami doesn't need the help

I don't understand how he is allowed to ref spur games with his history against the spurs

It won't calm down the conspiracy theorists

Mr_Jones
06-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Only thing that bugged me was that blocking foul that was clearly a charge in the first quarter that gave Duncan his second foul.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Only thing that bugged me was that blocking foul that was clearly a charge in the first quarter that gave Duncan his second foul.

One of the toughest calls to make as a ref because it is a split second play. It was the wrong call, but it isn't because of poor officiating, just a fast play.

MrfadeawayJB
06-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I only saw the second half but yeah it seemed fair

kdspurman
06-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Is he really reffing game2?

The funny thing is I thought after game 1 of the spurs victory that he would officiate game 2 as all but to make sure of a 1-1 series when Miami doesn't need the help

I don't understand how he is allowed to ref spur games with his history against the spurs

It won't calm down the conspiracy theorists

From what I read, he'll be there tomorrow.

I don't understand how he is either, it just seems wrong. But tbh, he's been pretty decent lately. Can't complain too much about him. And he's one of the guys who at least won't make calls the home fans want to here, so there's usually not a ton of home cooking with him.

We'll see how it goes.

Crackadalic
06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
One of the toughest calls to make as a ref because it is a split second play. It was the wrong call, but it isn't because of poor officiating, just a fast play.

Only play that was bad but overall it was one of the better games I've seen this season in terms of officiating

Redskins10
06-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Thats because it's the finals. Refs don't play favorites during the finals,

SportsFanatic10
06-09-2013, 03:04 AM
i wonder if crawford is gonna be looking for any revenge in game 2 lol...

http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Tony-parker-Tim-Duncan-gun-Joey-Crawford-450x350.jpg

Clippersfan86
06-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Haha Crawford is going to show us that there absolutely IS bias and bad reffing still. Harsh reminder.

Bruno
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM

due to his history with the Spurs, he should have been removed from consideration for this series. that's just a conflict of interest and if theres any one official who has a reputation with whistling with his heart, its JC. zero reason for him to officiate in this series, with so many other excellent officials available.

SportsFanatic10
06-09-2013, 04:11 PM
due to his history with the Spurs, he should have been removed from consideration for this series. that's just a conflict of interest and if theres any one official who has a reputation with whistling with his heart, its JC. zero reason for him to officiate in this series, with so many other excellent officials available.

yeah he's complete garbage, i can't stand his over animated bs calls. he seemingly has it out for the spurs, but he also seems to enjoy making big calls against the home team and getting the hate from the home crowd lol. i hate how he tries to make the game about him like he's a star or something.

Clippersfan86
06-09-2013, 04:17 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/629/016/JOeyCrawford_original.gif?1354120368

Like a boss....