PDA

View Full Version : If the heat get swept will Lebron strongly consider taking his talents to LA/okc/ind?

RaidLakeDodgers
06-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Hypothetically speaking that heat get swept and LeBron gets booed out of the building, do you think you would consider moving to another contender in 2014?

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:20 PM
I just hope not for the Lakers, I couldn't root for a player like him.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:23 PM

^ this is how you differentiate a kobe fan and a laker fan.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:26 PM
^ this is how you differentiate a kobe fan and a laker fan.

Not at all. I just want winners on the team, not regular season stat stuffers who care more about their fg% than winning a game. It's the exact opposite of what you implied. Not everyone is a lebron pork cigar swallower, some fans actually have the opinion that he is not a true winner. I share that opinion.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Not at all. I just want winners on the team, not regular season stat stuffers who care more about their fg% than winning a game. It's the exact opposite of what you implied. Not everyone is a lebron pork cigar swallower, some fans actually have the opinion that he is not a true winner. I share that opinion.

obviously you explaining yourself is expected, but lets be honest we both know whats up, btw didn't read a word of this post.

RaidLakeDodgers
06-07-2013, 11:30 PM

Why not ? he would be perfect for the Lakers or clips ,he's a beast & would excel in Hollywood. The Lakers need people like him that can attack the rim. With Kobe gone in the next two years he will pass the torch to LeBron. if CP three and Dwight care to join him then watch out. But can you imagine OKC clippers or the Pacers with him ...oh my goodness:speechless:

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:30 PM
obviously you explaining yourself is expected, but lets be honest we both know whats up, btw didn't read a word of this post.

Don't bother to quote me then.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Why not ? he would be perfect for the Lakers or clips ,he's a beast & would excel in Hollywood. The Lakers need people like him that can attack the rim. With Kobe gone in the next two years he will pass the torch to LeBron. if CP three and Dwight care to join him then watch out. But can you imagine OKC clippers or the Pacers with him ...oh my goodness:speechless:

hes a kobe fan first laker fan second, so having lebron play on the lakers is a big no no.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM

he will be about 30 by then, he relies a lot on superior athleticism, especially on the defensive side of the ball. A man that big uses tons of energy to move around, i don't know if his decline would start around that time. Plus it would be for mucho dinero and there would be younger options available. And, I feel like he lacks a winning/foot on throat mentality needed from your top player.

Aust
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Pfft, I'll take this stat stuffer. iirc there are slim pickings when it comes to 2014 FA so we must choose wisely.

I WANT TO PASS THE CELTICS! :win:

naps
06-07-2013, 11:36 PM
LOL @ Kobephiles. These threads won't be seen next time the Heat wins a game.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Pfft, I'll take this stat stuffer. iirc there are slim pickings when it comes to 2014 FA so we must choose wisely.

I'm hoping dwight resigns. howard, love, irving :hope:

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:40 PM

also lakers should look at cali natives like amir johnson, solid big man off the bench.

flea
06-07-2013, 11:43 PM
God this thread is stupid.

RaidLakeDodgers
06-07-2013, 11:43 PM

How about Howard LeBron and Irving= unstoppable!!

FlakeyFool
06-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Hes coming to toronto

DillyDill
06-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Even as a laker fan I don't think lebron comes. For the simple fact he would be labeled a team hopper and the Cavs and heat fan bases would turn against him

bucketss
06-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Even as a laker fan I don't think lebron comes. For the simple fact he would be labeled a team hopper and the Cavs and heat fan bases would turn against him

he'll probably leave when wade is done.

Kevj77
06-07-2013, 11:48 PM

I WANT TO PASS THE CELTICS! :win:I looked at the 2014 free agent list the other day and all the good free agents besides the Miami big 3 assuming they all opt out are going to be RFAs.

Lakers fans might have to accept that it will take awhile to rebuild, especially if Howard leaves that takes away all hope of someone like Lebron signing in LA. Lakers might be better off saving cap space and being a lottery team for a few years.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:49 PM

The amount of teams(3) isn't bad, it's that he would be looked at as the biggest ring chaser of all time. It would probably hurt his legacy pretty good.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 11:50 PM
I looked at the 2014 free agent list the other day and all the good free agents besides the Miami big 3 assuming they all opt out are going to be RFAs.

Lakers fans might have to accept that it will take awhile to rebuild, especially if Howard leaves that takes away all hope of someone like Lebron signing in LA. Lakers might be better off saving cap space and being a lottery team for a few years.

in 2014 lakers have cap space for days.

NYKNYGNYY
06-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Never gonna happen even if by some miracle the heat did get swept and he did want to leave i couldn't see him wanting to follow Kobe's legacy, playing with Westbrook and another scoring foward when there's not even enough touches for them, and Indiana? Why on earth would he leave Miami to play in a place like Indiana ... Good team but poor market

b@llhog24
06-08-2013, 12:00 AM

Lol the guy says LeBron is not a winner and then says he wants Love and Kyrie (he's my favourite player and everything but he hasn't done ****) instead of Bron.

jerellh528
06-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Lol the guy says LeBron is not a winner and then says he wants Love and Kyrie (he's my favourite player and everything but he hasn't done ****) instead of Bron.

yea if lebron was in his mid 20s and could learn a thing or two from kobe, I'd love to have lebron. Not a 30+ year old lebron who is set in his mentality.
love and kyrie and young and hungry.

RLundi
06-08-2013, 12:05 AM
OKC and Indiana?

DillyDill
06-08-2013, 12:12 AM
The amount of teams(3) isn't bad, it's that he would be looked at as the biggest ring chaser of all time. It would probably hurt his legacy pretty good.

Exactly Bron probably doesn't want to be labeled a ring chaser and switching to a 3rd team is waaaayyyyy to many...he's gotta ride it out in miami win or lose

jerellh528
06-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Exactly Bron probably doesn't want to be labeled a ring chaser and switching to a 3rd team is waaaayyyyy to many...he's gotta ride it out in miami win or lose

or if he were smart he would undercover chase rings by going to a young and raw team full of talent that way a year or two after he gets there he would be winning again. teams like philly, hornet etc. Anything but team up with more superstars.

b@llhog24
06-08-2013, 12:22 AM
yea if lebron was in his mid 20s and could learn a thing or two from kobe, I'd love to have lebron. Not a 30+ year old lebron who is set in his mentality.
love and kyrie and young and hungry.

Fair enough. Kyrie is the muthafunking manye though.

PraiseJesus
06-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Indiana? lol

Lakers + Giants
06-08-2013, 12:32 AM
i would kiss LeBron's *** if he joined the Lakers.

TRF929
06-08-2013, 12:34 AM
He'll no, he'd join the Spurs. "Can't beat em, join em"

Chrisclover
06-08-2013, 12:51 AM
no way to OKC, it will be stacked with2 fantastic SF.OP, you are so careless

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
if lebron gets swept op, it would be @ san antonio, and he would be booed off of the spurs court, how the heck would that affect his decision when he would get booed there regardless if he wins or loses?

:confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
He'll no, he'd join the Spurs. "Can't beat em, join em"

this is one of the dumbest comments on this website.

DillyDill
06-08-2013, 01:25 AM
or if he were smart he would undercover chase rings by going to a young and raw team full of talent that way a year or two after he gets there he would be winning again. teams like philly, hornet etc. Anything but team up with more superstars.

But what about the backlash from fans if he left again think about that...But if he had to do it I say Cavs with a young in his prime Kyrie, now that would be a great duo

Aust
06-08-2013, 01:42 AM
How about Howard LeBron and Irving= unstoppable!!

You don't need a PG if you have Lebron on your team. SG would make more sense.

RiceOnTheRun
06-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Lol please. Idc whose team you root for, you'd be beyond ecstatic if Lebron said he was joining your team in 2014. Kobe/Laker fans would shut their mouths within the first month of the 2014-15 season if he joined them.

On that note, no chance he joins any of those teams. Cleveland maybe but that's super unlikely.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-08-2013, 01:52 AM
LOL @ Kobephiles. These threads won't be seen next time the Heat wins a game.

So, criticizing LeBron = Kobephile? Makes sense... not. Honestly, there are more Lebronphiles in this site than Kobephiles.

king4day
06-08-2013, 02:03 AM
LA isn't a good situation for him. If he's going to leave, he'll want players around him. The Cavs would make sense. Maybe the Kings too. Teams that are young, have a centerpiece and cap space.

TRF929
06-08-2013, 02:08 AM
this is one of the dumbest comments on this website.

Hey dumb threads get dumb answers. Its pretty obvious I'm joking around. But I'll forgive you, I see your still hurtin from game 1 lose and it's tough being a Miami fan since the others' city teams are going nowhere

Spurs365
06-08-2013, 04:27 AM
He either remains in Miami or he returns to the Cavs. Cleveland has a good core of young players.
Pg: Irving
Sg: Waiters
Sf: LeBron
Pf: Thompson
C: Noel
Add whoever they choose in the 2014 Draft and that's a really good squad.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 05:25 AM
So, criticizing LeBron = Kobephile? Makes sense... not. Honestly, there are more Lebronphiles in this site than Kobephiles.

I prefer to call them Lebronites. And yes, there are a lot more of them. They are the worst fans in all of sports.

PhillyFaninLA
06-08-2013, 05:35 AM
If Lebron was a man with gills would he be a fish.

What is up with these topics.

We have no way to know what is in someone's head and I highly doubt it. I doubt he is thinking, I know I just made 3 NBA finals in a row so I think its time to go to a better team.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 05:53 AM

We have no way to know what is in someone's head and I highly doubt it. I doubt he is thinking, I know I just made 3 NBA finals in a row so I think its time to go to a better team.

Try making three finals in a row out west...then I would be impressed.

Kevj77
06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
in 2014 lakers have cap space for days.You have to look at what free agents are available. If Howard leaves you won't get anyone like Lebron. Not that I ever thought that was a real option. They won't be able to get a max type player if they are a RFA their team will surely match or trade them if they can't afford the like OKC did with Harden.

I'm a Lakers fan, but reality has to set in at some point. Without Howard we can't reload the only option is to rebuild that means lottrey picks and saving cap space until to get a good UFA. Otherwise you just overpay for average talent.

Greedy22
06-08-2013, 07:28 AM
i would kiss LeBron's *** if he joined the Lakers.
Co-sign.

Pacerlive
06-08-2013, 07:33 AM

He's got to look around and see this team as inheritenly flawed with no big man and age will also be a factor.

Either way saying he had to go back to his Cleveland days doesn't inspire confidence IMO.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
He's got to look around and see this team as inheritenly flawed with no big man and age will also be a factor.

Either way saying he had to go back to his Cleveland days doesn't inspire confidence IMO.

Lebron doesn't want a big man as it would affect his precious rebounding stats. As is Lebron's career...personal stats take precedent over teams stats. Thats why he leads his team in rebounding yet his team is bottom of the league in rebounding...just some food for thought...

D-Leethal
06-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Once Kyrie becomes a top 10 player LeBron will be there the next day.

LJEATON26
06-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Lebron playing on the Thunder would be nasty. Although we would probably have to do a sign and trade and give Miami Westbrook.

xxplayerxx23
06-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Lebron doesn't want a big man as it would affect his precious rebounding stats. As is Lebron's career...personal stats take precedent over teams stats. Thats why he leads his team in rebounding yet his team is bottom of the league in rebounding...just some food for thought...

:laugh: Just like Kobe never wanted another scorer. Shipped out Shaq after they couldn't win. Kobe sure did love shooting the ball 24+ times.

xxplayerxx23
06-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Why would he go to INDY/OKC? How would he go to either? Lakers are a mess. Lets see if Dwight resigns. Lets see if Kobe is going to retire or will he be back? A lot of people say they are going to retire until its time to retire then they decide to come back.

RiceOnTheRun
06-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Think about who the big men are on his team. Bosh, Haslem, Birdman and Anthony. Anthony barely plays so let's scratch that right off. Bosh averaged around 9 RPG in Toronto, he's going at around 7.5 in Miami, not too bad of a drop when you're an undersized center. Haslem is around the same at something like 6 RPG which isn't too bad either considering he's playing 6 less minutes per game than he's used to. Andersen never averaged above 6.5 rebounds and in almost 10 minutes less per game he's averaging 4. Again, not that bad for him.

Truth of the matter is, most traditional big men would not fit into the Heat's system. They aren't in dire need of a low post scorer, they already have a decent post guy in Lebron, they need someone to spread the floor which is why Bosh is commonly regarded as the most important Heat player. The only big I see that could help them would be Dirk, because he's basically like Bosh with a better shot and a few more inches, albeit a bit older.

TheNumber37
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
if he goes anywhere... its back to Cleveland. though them signing mike brown may have closed that door...

BigCityofDreams
06-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't see him coming to the Lakers because f all the hate he would catch for it. As a fan of the team I would welcome him with open arms. How often can a team say we replaced the second best shooting guard of all time with the future best small forward of all time.

BcEuAbRsS
06-08-2013, 11:25 AM
The only way Lebron leaves is to go back to the Cavs.

blahblahyoutoo
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM

yeah, during that 27 game win streak, they didn't win many games.
they only have best record in the league, despite not winning often.

FOXHOUND
06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
The only team LeBron can leave Miami for without hurting his legacy would be the Cleveland Cavaliers. In fact doing that would only strengthen his legacy, and if he won a ring there would give it another huge jump. Going back to, "finish what he started.", which I have no doubt would be his slogan that offseason if he decided to do that, would erase all of the negative marks he received for leaving in most peoples eyes.

Not to mention it would actually be a good situation for him. As it currently stands they have a nice young player with good potential at every position but SF, and of course Kyrie is going to be one of the best players in the league. Kryie would also be a nice PG match for him as he's much more a scorer than a facilitator, which would allow LeBron to still act as a de-facto PG for a good amount of time so he can help maintain his assist number.

But that's a whole year away, so starting this talk is extremely premature. I can see him leaving Miami as their future doesn't look that bright past 2014. Then again, if all three opt out, they would have a ton of cap space and can potentially pull another 2010 type offseason, maybe LeBron, Wade and Love?

Super premature though, impossible to predict at this point as so many things can derail the many options that are seemingly available at this time. The Heat may lose the Finals this year, and LeBron would be furious if that happened, but there's a whole year ahead of his next stint in free agency. They can easily return to the Finals for a fourth year and win it all next year, and then he would enter that free agency on a high note.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2013, 02:22 PM