PDA

View Full Version : Rondo anybody?

Warriors4lyfe12
06-07-2013, 02:59 PM
As of now, the warriors are a great time, not an elite team. but top 8 team in the NBA. If you were to look at the season compared to the playoffs, our biggest issues in our losses were turnovers. By Curry, Jack, and Thompson. We learned that Barnes is a better player at the 4, offensively and defensively, and that bogut will be healthy at the start of next season. Would you make a trade possibly for Rondo? Boston is looking for a roster overhaul for the future, and i don't think Lee fits into the future of the warriors. Lee would give boston the versatile scoring that they were lacking, and the rebounding and consistency. Avery bradly proved he could lead the team and be a better scorer than rondo. Rondo is a great passer but that's it, and would fit perfectly into our system. We would have a small starting lineup, but our team would improve at every position. What do you guys think?

steveweve
06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Curry and Thompson will only continue to grow better, we don't know if Jack will be back next year. However it's hard to agree that Bogut will be healthy at the start of the season, you never know with him.. It's also hard to imagine Boston giving up Rondo, who they will build around, for Lee's awful contract. I'm okay with the Warriors parting with Lee, but hopefully it's not for a starting PG....

COOLbeans
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Rondo is more than just a great passer. He's a top 3 PG in the NBA, a champion and most likely a HOFer.

Avery Bradley proved last year he WASNT capable of leading as the point guard. They struggled with him at that position. He's an elite wing defender. He would be misused at point guard.

Though I would do the deal, I'm not sure if Thompson should play the 3. I'd like to see how he's improved during this offseason before putting him against stronger guys every night at the 3.

steveweve
06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
You guys are forgetting that we would HAVE to give up either Curry, or Thompson AND Barnes for him.. Just not a fan of bringing in a starting PG when we have Curry. Makes no sense to me, improve the bench instead of breaking up the core

COOLbeans
06-07-2013, 04:52 PM
I think the deal he was proposing was basically Lee for Rondo.

Not realistic but a good deal for the Warriors. Though Lee would be even more dangerous playing with a PG like Rondo

MackShock
06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
After the season Curry had, I can't believe anybody wants to trade him.

And to the Op, Barnes played good at the 4 because of match ups. just because he did good there doesn't mean he should play there. Smallball lineups will never succeed

WestCoastSportz
06-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Curry is a terrific shooting/scoring point guard while Rondo is one of the only "pure" point guards in the league. He's a great passer, but he does much more than that. He can drive to the hoop, play defense and control the game. He dominates games without scoring much like a Jason Kidd. There isn't another PG in the league that can contribute to his team without having to shoot the ball 17 times a game except for Chris Paul.

So would I prefer Rondo over Curry? On this team, I would go with Rondo and thats based on what they bring to a team when they're healthy. But, Rondo is averaging 53 games in his last 3 season and will be coming off a torn ACL, so at this point of his career, I wouldn't want him. In reality, the Warriors FO wouldn't dream of trading Stephen Curry, who has become a fan favorite. They're not going to make the playoffs, then trade away Jason Richardson for a draft pick. In fantasy where Rondo is 100% healthy, I would trade Curry straight up for Rondo. Rondo, Thompson, Barnes, Lee and Bogut is a nice balanced line up. A better defensive and rebounding one as well. No longer is the backcourt filled with two 3 point shooters and they'd have a guy that can penetrate and dish on a consistent basis. A player that, if is struggling with putting the ball in the basket, can still contribute in ways to help his team win games. I love Curry's shooting and scoring ability, but in games where he struggles shooting the ball, he contributes very little else to this team.

steveweve
06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I think the deal he was proposing was basically Lee for Rondo.

Not realistic but a good deal for the Warriors. Though Lee would be even more dangerous playing with a PG like Rondo

That's the problem. From Boston's side they give up their star PG, for David Lee. Coming off injury, terrible contract and he is aging. I don't see it happening

SugeKnight
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Curry > Rondo

COOLbeans
06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Curry > Rondo > Lee > me and you

lol, please
06-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Rondo for Klay straight up.

Leandres_sf
06-09-2013, 02:51 AM
I'd love to see Rondo come to the Warriors, but I wouldn't be willing to give up what the Celtics would ask for.

GSRaider
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, if we don't bring back Jack, I would trade Lee for Rondo...

Rondo
Curry
Barnes
Landry
Bogut

6. Klay

GSRaider
06-09-2013, 04:44 PM
That's the problem. From Boston's side they give up their star PG, for David Lee. Coming off injury, terrible contract and he is aging. I don't see it happening

I don't see this trade happening either but both players are coming off injuries (not just Lee)

bigmac8675
06-10-2013, 02:22 AM
No way it happens

TrueFan420
06-10-2013, 05:38 PM
No to rondo.

TheGoldenGuy30
06-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Boston would not except this deal with just david lee and some change. This deal would take more assets on both parts and most of those assets we would not be willing to give up. No to this deal. Besides, let Curry grow more as a Point Guard! No shaking up the roster for now.

lol, please
06-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Boston would not except this deal with just david lee and some change. This deal would take more assets on both parts and most of those assets we would not be willing to give up. No to this deal. Besides, let Curry grow more as a Point Guard! No shaking up the roster for now.
:clap:

Goose17
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
If you were offered Rondo for David Lee we would be stupid not to do it. But...

1. That will never happen.

2. I don't think Rondo would fit that well into our system, we would have to change at least two other positions and find alternatives given his style of play, rebuilding around him seems pointless at this time.

3. I would prefer we keep our point and wings as they are and fill the gap in the front court, either a solid backup for Lee/Bogut or a significant upgrade over either (or both) i.e D12. But again, that's unlikely.

4. Curry is an underrated passer. He's by no means on Rondo's level (not even close), but he is more adept at creating plays for others than people give him credit for, and he's still very young. I would rather stick with Curry and see how he develops. This is the first ever off-season he's been able to work on his game.

Chromehounds
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
No way in heck the W's should blow up the guards, if anything, the Bigs should be the ones on the trading/chopping block this off season.

lol, please
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Nope. One guard.

MackShock
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
we should keep the team intact.

bigmac8675
06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
No!

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I would trade Klay is filler for Rondo. He's the perfect fit with Curry.

Guppyfighter
06-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Just say no to Rondo. I am not sure one player in the entire nba is more overrated than Rondo.

lol, please
06-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Just say no to Rondo. I am not sure one player in the entire nba is more overrated than Rondo.

Welcome back dude, missed you around here. Monta wants to go to the Kings if you didn't know, there is a good thread on it in their forum.

lol, please
06-22-2013, 01:22 AM

Welcome back dude, missed you around here. Monta wants to go to the Kings if you didn't know, there is a good thread on it in their forum.

Guppyfighter
06-22-2013, 01:25 AM

Good. I hope he goes to the Kings I want him to get a nice payday. He deserves it.

COOLbeans
06-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Monta on the Kings would be good because our games against him could get heated. And in Sac he has a chance to resurrect that franchise with some better guys around him than in Milwaukee.

COOLbeans
06-22-2013, 11:55 AM
I would trade Klay is filler for Rondo. He's the perfect fit with Curry.

Even though Rondo is coming off a major injury?

lol, please
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM

yes.

Lloyd Christmas
06-22-2013, 02:05 PM

I would. I love Klay and like i said in the Iggy thread, the only way I'd break up our young core is for a star player. Rondo fits that bill IMO.

I don't see our FO making that move though.

Guppyfighter
06-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Rondo makes the Celtics offense a whole .5 better.

YAY RONDO.

I won't say his defense makes them worse because when he left, Bradley came back.

But ultimately, he is a zero impact player.

It's not a surprise the Celtics have been trying to trade Rondo for years with no success. Rondo is severely overrated in terms of winning ball games.

COOLbeans
06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Apparently he's a cancer in the locker room per reports. If that's true I don't want him. But Rondo is a no impact player? Lol

Guppyfighter
06-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Apparently he's a cancer in the locker room per reports. If that's true I don't want him. But Rondo is a no impact player? Lol

He fights with everyone (major reason Allen left) and he is a no impact player. He puts up gaudy traditional numbers, but his actual impact is negligible. The Celtics are a bad offensive team, a great offensive player would make them much better. They are only .5 points better with Rondo on the court. Considering how bad they are at offense it's pretty hilarious how much Rondo doesn't improve them.

TS percentage of 510 with a padded assist stats and extremely ****** defense.

lol, please
06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
If he's going to be a cancer I don't want him then. The team has chemistry right now, I don't see why some people want to blow it up and fire Jackson.

Guppyfighter
06-23-2013, 05:12 AM
Cause everyone doesn't know what they are talking about.