PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rooting for Lebron AND the Spurs? & Question for those happy about tonight:

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Are you actually rooting for the Spurs to win or more so want the Heat to lose? (there is a difference)

Throughout the week I told friends of a dream scenario where Lebron averages a triple double for the whole series but loses to the Spurs in 7. How? Wade hogs the ball and gets blocked by Duncan on a possible game-winning shot attempt. Thus providing us with the best NBA basketball and no way for media/Lebron haters to blame him AND letting my favorite player in the game (Duncan) /2nd favorite team (Spurs) to win another ring.

I haven't seen many sharing this sentiment around PSD, anyone out there? This thread is for us.

Lebron James: 18 points, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 0 blocks+steals (surprising there) but also 0 FOULS
Timmy Duncan: 20 points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks

:clap::clap:

Great game tonight, hoping this a long series.

kdspurman
06-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I think ManRam falls into this category

Chitownhero1992
06-07-2013, 12:10 AM
I am rooting for Spurs to win, always have been rooting for Timmy since he was just the guy standing next to The Admiral! But since summer of 2010 I've been rooting for anyone to beat the Heat. So not much a difference but a little one.

Go Spurs, Timmy, Parker and Ginobli should get another ring, they've always deserved it every year and are playing to old Championship form unlike the last two seasons.

b@llhog24
06-07-2013, 12:12 AM
I don't necessarily root for LeBron, but I do dislike the amount of hate he gets.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't necessarily root for LeBron, but I do dislike the amount of hate he gets.

Fair enough. Not rooting against him is basically on the same boat for the huge polarity that exists around him.

b@llhog24
06-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Fair enough. Not rooting against him is basically on the same boat for the huge polarity that exists around him.

Although I didn't post it in here, the Spurs are one of my favorite teams. Probably third after the Blazers and the Kings.

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 12:23 AM
I fall in the category of don't care who wins. If it's not purple and gold, I could care less.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 12:27 AM
rooting for lebron to bust some *** and carry the miami cavs!!

*its just a joke kobephiles no need to get upset.*

Aust
06-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Rooting for the Spurs. Should have played them last year because I knew OKC would **** it up.

amos1er
06-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Lebron's tripple double's are one of the biggest illusions in sports. He stacks artificially high rebound numbers due to the fact that he doesn't play with a real center. As a result, his rebounding stats are great, but his teams rebounding is at the bottom of the league. His triple doubles are truly meaningless and I one could argue come at the cost of his teams success. Same goes with his assist totals as well. If he played with a true point guard they wouldn't be as high either. Is it really to his teams benefit for him to be a playmaker on offense and a rebounder on defense? Wouldn't it be more efficient for him to play more of a wing roll so that he could focus more on scoring and defense then just fill in the gaps where need be instead of building a team with a soft stretch 4 and 5 and a spot up shooing 1 in order to fill up his stat sheet? Of course this would hurt his stat totals, but wouldn't it give his team a better chance to win? Isn't that what it's all about...winning.

I've been saying for years that Lebron is nothing more than a regular season dynamo who can put up meaningless stats that don't really help his team all that much. This is great for winning regular season MVP's in the weak eastern conference, but bad for playoff basketball. No wonder he needed such a stacked team to win. He needed players that were good enough to pick up the slack so that he could win a title while putting up his precious stats which anyone smart can see are noting more than a mere mirage.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Lebron's tripple double's are one of the biggest illusions in sports. He stacks artificially high rebound numbers due to the fact that he doesn't play with a real center. As a result, his rebounding stats are great, but his teams rebounding is at the bottom of the league. His triple doubles are truly meaningless and I one could argue come at the cost of his teams success. Same goes with his assist totals as well. If he played with a true point guard they wouldn't be as high either. Is it really to his teams benefit for him to be a playmaker on offense and a rebounder on defense. Wouldn't it be more efficient for him to play more of a wing roll so that he could focus more on scoring and defense instead of building a team with a soft stretch 4 and 5 and a spot up shooing 1? Of course this would hurt his stat totals, but wouldn't it give his team a better chance to win? Isn't that what it's all about...winning.

I've been saying for years that Lebron is nothing more than a regular season dynamo who can put up meaningless stats that don't really help the team all that much. This is great for winning regular season MVP's, but bad for playoff basketball. No wonder he needed such a stacked team to win. He needed players that were good enough to pick up the slack so that he could win a title while putting up his precious stats which anyone smart can see are noting more than a mere mirage.

Let's just all ignore this..

NeverSayNevur
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
I fall in the category of don't care who wins. If it's not purple and gold, I could care less.

How much less could you care?

bucketss
06-07-2013, 12:43 AM

that was a response to my "miami cavs" comment, Lol

sunsfan88
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
I don't think many people hate LeBron. They hate the so called "LeBron homers".

RiceOnTheRun
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm rooting for both. It's tough because I like Lebron but I wanna see TD grab another ring.

What I'm more worried about is the inevitable influx of "fans" who are gonna say "I TOLD YOU SO" "LAST YEAR WAS LUCKY" "LEBRON SUCKS" if the Spurs do win. It's a shame really, they can't just sit back and enjoy the two greatest teams in the league duke it out.

Aust
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM
I'm rooting for both. It's tough because I like Lebron but I wanna see TD grab another ring.

What I'm more worried about is the inevitable influx of "fans" who are gonna say "I TOLD YOU SO" "LAST YEAR WAS LUCKY" "LEBRON SUCKS" if the Spurs do win. It's a shame really, they can't just sit back and enjoy the two greatest teams in the league duke it out.

So in other words, stop the hating and enjoy the game?

Hellcrooner
06-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Im rooting for the spurs but have a bad taste in my mouth because of kobe nut huggers being stupidly happy if that happens.

wich btw shouldnt be the case.

Woulrnt it be better for their interests if the dude with 0ne rings gets the second instead of the one with 4 rings MATCHING kobes 5 ? :D

bucketss
06-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Im rooting for the spurs but have a bad taste in my mouth because of kobe nut huggers being stupidly happy if that happens.

Woulrnt it be better for their interests if the dude with 0ne rings gets the second instead of the one with 4 rings MATCHING kobes 5 ? :D

lmao, good point but lebron is a bigger threat i guess, they'll probably say duncan was just a role player or something.

Hellcrooner
06-07-2013, 01:13 AM
lmao, good point but lebron is a bigger threat i guess, they'll probably say duncan was just a role player or something.

Im a laker fan and YET i have stated SEVERAL times trough the years that Duncan is the best player of the 00s generation.

The thing is he is so low profile and humble and not a media Darling that few people realize.

ArmLaker
06-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Im a laker fan and YET i have stated SEVERAL times trough the years that Duncan is the best player of the 00s generation.

The thing is he is so low profile and humble and not a media Darling that few people realize.

You're not a Laker fan, you're a Paula Gasolina nuthugger and you know deep down in your very core that Tim Duncan wasn't the best player of the 2000s.

Hellcrooner
06-07-2013, 01:18 AM
You're not a Laker fan, you're a Paula Gasolina nuthugger and you know deep down in your very core that Tim Duncan wasn't the best player of the 2000s.

How much do you like Kobe doing tv spots for a TURKISH airline?

bucketss
06-07-2013, 01:20 AM

true. espn doesn't consistently replay his clutch shots than give him made up titles like "clutch gene" like they do with the kobester.

NeverSayNevur
06-07-2013, 01:22 AM

Don't care about that

If LeBron wins ESPN will be all over his cum, if Duncan wins there will be less hype

And I thought you hated the Nike-drive Jordan propaganda? Same thing.

b@llhog24
06-07-2013, 01:22 AM

I think everyone does that in any event.

Yep. PSD would end up being worse than it is now, which is saying something.

SlimKid
06-07-2013, 01:23 AM
I probably fall into this category. I'm rooting for the Spurs but also have a ton of respect for Lebron's greatness. Wade and Allen are so unlike-able that the Spurs become easy to root for.

ArmLaker
06-07-2013, 01:23 AM
How much do you like Kobe doing tv spots for a TURKISH airline?

What are you trying to say exactly? I shouldn't like Kobe for doing a commercial for a country he has no idea existed before and couldn't locate on the map?

ArmLaker
06-07-2013, 01:25 AM
true. espn doesn't consistently replay his clutch shots than give him made up titles like "clutch gene" like they do with the kobester.

Kobe has been the greatest player for the past decade, bar none. It seems that he has to send haters like you a reminder next season.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Kobe has been the greatest player for the past decade, bar none. It seems that he has to send haters like you a reminder next season.

kobe is probably done tbh, probably will retire after next season.

ArmLaker
06-07-2013, 01:33 AM
kobe is probably done tbh, probably will retire after next season.

It could be possible given his age and the type of injury but I seriously doubt it.

Puck017
06-07-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm rooting for the heat to lose. Its not so much that I care about Lebron one way or another. As a fan of a small market team I don't like the idea of a "big 3" coming together in free agency and trying to reign over the rest of the league.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 01:36 AM
It could be possible given his age and the type of injury but I seriously doubt it.

yep hopefully, got my fingers crossed:p

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 01:37 AM
As a Kobe fan, I'm not threatened by Lebron in the slightest. I honestly don't understand why so many Laker fans feel compelled to root against Lebron. He seems like a good man. He's humble and he seems to carry himself well. I wish he would become a Laker one day where he belongs.

My point is, whether Lebron has a better legacy than Kobe or not does not take away from Kobe's legacy. Kobe is one of the all time greats. He has flaws. Everyone does including Lebron. I will never understand the pissing match between those two players. Different players, different personalities, different styles, and different positions. Kobe haters annoy me because they always try to find a way to diminish the greatness of Kobe Bryant by sucking Lebron's balls dry and calling Kobe a glorified chucker.

Anyway, I just want the Lakers to win. That's all that matters. That's why this year's Finals is meaningless to me.

*Superman*
06-07-2013, 01:48 AM
As a Kobe fan, I'm not threatened by Lebron in the slightest. I honestly don't understand why so many Laker fans feel compelled to root against Lebron. He seems like a good man. He's humble and he seems to carry himself well. I wish he would become a Laker one day where he belongs.

My point is, whether Lebron has a better legacy than Kobe or not does not take away from Kobe's legacy. Kobe is one of the all time greats. He has flaws. Everyone does including Lebron. I will never understand the pissing match between those two players. Different players, different personalities, different styles, and different positions. Kobe haters annoy me because they always try to find a way to diminish the greatness of Kobe Bryant by sucking Lebron's balls dry and calling Kobe a glorified chucker.

Anyway, I just want the Lakers to win. That's all that matters. That's why this year's Finals is meaningless to me.

Duncan with another championship would arguably be more threatening to Kobe's legacy than LeBron's 2nd ring anyways.

But I agree with you, what one player does shouldn't impact what another player accomplished. But of course everyone will compare, its like a standard measurement for who's better.

ArmLaker
06-07-2013, 01:49 AM

It's because of Kobe's greatness that LeBron fans think that he's the standard that LeBron should achieve and attempt to surpass. Hell, why don't people who actually believe Duncan was the best in recent years compare LeBron to TD? As for LeBron, believe it or not I was actually rooting for him to beat the Thunder last year to get some of these asswipes to shut up. If he wins it this year as well, then great for him. Doesn't take anything away from the Mamba as you mentioned.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Predicted the Spurs to win with Lebron playing like a beast. But would probably like it more if Lebron wins.

PippensBulls
06-07-2013, 01:54 AM
He seems like a good man. He's humble and he seems to carry himself well.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/310120/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

PippensBulls
06-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Duncan with another championship would arguably be more threatening to Kobe's legacy than LeBron's 2nd ring anyways.

Not really, this is the Parker show now.

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 01:59 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/310120/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

Instead of the old picture. Read something more recent http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-honor-girl-cancer-20130529,0,5229627.story

Bella Rodriguez-Torres, a 10-year-old girl who had fought cancer since the age of 4, died Tuesday in South Florida.

Her story touched many people, including Miami Heat superstars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

During Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday, both players wrote #LiveLikeBella on their sneakers to honor the young girl.

"[Dwyane] came to me with the story today, it was a no-brainer," James told reporters. "It's sad. It puts everything in perspective. At the end of the day, this game is just basketball. Two great teams, we're competing. But it's just basketball.

"You have a little girl, or any kid that loses her life over an illness," James continued. "It's very sad. It's very sad what happened to Bella puts everything in perspective."

Rodriguez-Torres, who was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, went through chemotherapy, radiation and surgery.

She had more than 60,000 fans on Facebook and a large presence on Twitter, where #LiveLikeBella was trending Tuesday.

TrueFan420
06-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Rooting for Timmy. One cause the spurs and Timmy/pop go about everything the right way. Two cause they beat my warriors and I'd like to say we lost to the champs and potential be the only team to not get sweeped by them. Albeit I doubt the heat get sweeped

*Superman*
06-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Not really, this is the Parker show now.

Now he isn't, before it was Duncan. Either way he would still earn a 5th ring and be a 3X Finals MVP.

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 02:14 AM

But I agree with you, what one player does shouldn't impact what another player accomplished. But of course everyone will compare, its like a standard measurement for who's better.
Wassup bro. You know it's personal for me with the Spurs. I respect the hell out of the Spurs, but I don't like them ever since Game 5 of the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2003. If Horry would have hit that 3. That series still gets to me. Lakers would have beaten Dallas in the WCF that year and go on to beat the nets again. Look how they got to the finals this time. They beat the Lakers in the 1st round this year not showing the slightest bit of mercy. I did not expect mercy, but I hate the fact the Spurs were gift wrapped the western conference this year.

*Superman*
06-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Wassup bro. You know it's personal for me with the Spurs. I respect the hell out of the Spurs, but I don't like them ever since Game 5 of the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2003. If Horry would have hit that 3. That series still gets to me. Lakers would have beaten Dallas in the WCF that year and go on to beat the nets again. Look how they got to the finals this time. They beat the Lakers in the 1st round this year not showing the slightest bit of mercy. I did not expect mercy, but I hate the fact the Spurs were gift wrapped the western conference this year.

In...and out. You have to let it go man. It wasn't meant to be, that's the easiest way to look at it. Plus you have 20 million other championships to fall back on ;)

And they've been a hell of a lucky franchise to be honest, with great success. But it happens and unfortunately injuries are a part of the game. Had KG been healthy in 09 during the playoffs the Magic probably wouldn't have made it and it would have been another Celtics-Lakers showdown. Just have to be happy with what you have.

kdspurman
06-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Spurs fans feel the same way about .4

Call it gift wrapped if you will, but as a Laker fan, you should realize and know that there is always that "luck" factor in terms of winning it all. That's always a key ingredient to winning it all.

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I want to see the Heat lose, but I want to see the Spurs win, more. I would like to see Pop, TD, TP, Manu to get another ring, and TMac to get his first.

detzfish
06-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I want the spurs to win but I can't stand all the hate LeBron receives. He is a damn good player and doesn't deserve it. I don't like him but I respect his game and don't talk **** about him or his decisions.

LongWayFromHome
06-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't hate Lebron. I hate Wade. So if Wade sucks and Lebron dominates his way to a HEAT championship I will be happy. I love watching the Spurs though so I'm generally rooting for them.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't hate Lebron. I hate Wade. So if Wade sucks and Lebron dominates his way to a HEAT championship I will be happy. I love watching the Spurs though so I'm generally rooting for them.

Completely agree. I strongly dislike Wade. If Heat won with a dominating performance by Lebron (and Bosh - poor dude gets picked on too much) I wouldn't mind. Even though I consider myself a Spurs fan wouldn't be devastated as much since they're not my FAVORITE team. I think they have garnered the respect they deserve amongst the younger (didnt start watching bball till Lebron was drafted) fanbase here.

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 10:54 AM
I want the spurs to win but I can't stand all the hate LeBron receives. He is a damn good player and doesn't deserve it. I don't like him but I respect his game and don't talk **** about him or his decisions.

I don't hate LeBron. He was my favorite player until he went to Miami. I just hate the way he decided to leave. If he didn't go on ESPN to have a whole show about it, things would be different. I respect him as a player, he is amazing. I just don't feel the same for him as I did in his Cleveland days.

JeremiahWing
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm rooting for the Spurs because they play Team Ball at a very high level, against the Heat who play Hero Ball at a very high level.

bledrules
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

I pretty much despise LBJ he is a prima donna b***h who has destroyed NBA basketball (with an assist to Kobe)

king4day
06-07-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm certainly rooting for Miami to lose. A big reason is, I would like to see this big 3 blow up. If they lose this year, Miami seriously has to consider its options.
With LeBron, they will always be elite, they just need to determine if it's better to keep Bosh and Wade or trade them to fill out their team better.

That said, I think it would be cool to see Duncan with a 5th ring over his career. Also would be cool to see Diaw, Leonard, and McGrady get rings. This team reminds me of the 09 Yanks. Same core who won many rings in the past, now makes a run at the twilight of their careers.

JasonJohnHorn
06-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I would LOVE to see LBJ average a 3D with 60% from the field and see the Heat get swept regardless. That would be great!

Then we could start the trade rumours for next season :-)

D-Leethal
06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't root for frontrunners.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Closet Heat fans ftw!

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Closet Heat fans ftw!

u know they'll come back strong if the heat wins a game.

Chitownhero1992
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
There are no closet heat fans, theres Heat fans and Heat bandwagoners, everyone else hates them as well they should lol...never understood buying championships...*cough* lakers, *cough* heat...lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
u know they'll come back strong if the heat wins a game.

Two things are going to happen in the next week.

1.The Heat lose and most of them disappear for good or until next year.

2.The Heat win and Lebron gets all the credit, while also being claimed to have jumped for the 13-18 range into the top 5.

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
There are no closet heat fans, theres Heat fans and Heat bandwagoners, everyone else hates them as well they should lol...never understood buying championships...*cough* lakers, *cough* heat, *cough* bulls...lol

fixed. lets not be a hypocrite now.

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM

2.The Heat win and Lebron gets all the credit, while also being claimed to have jumped for the 13-18 range into the top 5.

I though he was already the heralded goat???

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Call it gift wrapped if you will, but as a Laker fan, you should realize and know that there is always that "luck" factor in terms of winning it all. That's always a key ingredient to winning it all.
That's true and I can respect that. Honestly we got lucky in 04 against in Spurs. I just wish we could have had our full healthy roster against you guys this year. Good luck in the finals.

JordansBulls
06-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm certainly rooting for Miami to lose. A big reason is, I would like to see this big 3 blow up. If they lose this year, Miami seriously has to consider its options.
With LeBron, they will always be elite, they just need to determine if it's better to keep Bosh and Wade or trade them to fill out their team better.

That said, I think it would be cool to see Duncan with a 5th ring over his career. Also would be cool to see Diaw, Leonard, and McGrady get rings. This team reminds me of the 09 Yanks. Same core who won many rings in the past, now makes a run at the twilight of their careers.
:clap:

bucketss
06-07-2013, 04:09 PM
a lose might get miami to trade the rupaul of big men chris bosh, maybe for like a deal west/geroge hill for bosh/miller,

d00d
06-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Lebron's tripple double's are one of the biggest illusions in sports. He stacks artificially high rebound numbers due to the fact that he doesn't play with a real center. As a result, his rebounding stats are great, but his teams rebounding is at the bottom of the league. His triple doubles are truly meaningless and I one could argue come at the cost of his teams success. Same goes with his assist totals as well. If he played with a true point guard they wouldn't be as high either. Is it really to his teams benefit for him to be a playmaker on offense and a rebounder on defense? Wouldn't it be more efficient for him to play more of a wing roll so that he could focus more on scoring and defense then just fill in the gaps where need be instead of building a team with a soft stretch 4 and 5 and a spot up shooing 1 in order to fill up his stat sheet? Of course this would hurt his stat totals, but wouldn't it give his team a better chance to win? Isn't that what it's all about...winning.

I've been saying for years that Lebron is nothing more than a regular season dynamo who can put up meaningless stats that don't really help his team all that much. This is great for winning regular season MVP's in the weak eastern conference, but bad for playoff basketball. No wonder he needed such a stacked team to win. He needed players that were good enough to pick up the slack so that he could win a title while putting up his precious stats which anyone smart can see are noting more than a mere mirage.

but didn't you hear, he is the greatest of all time

bucketss
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
but didn't you hear, he is the greatest of all time

not greatest, just future top ten all time player, best player in the league currently. most people don't think lebron is goat, but somehow kobe/jordan fans convince themselves that people think this.. maybe its paranoia?

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Closet Heat fans ftw!

Lol wut? We are rooting for the Spurs to win... I just happen not hate Lebron like you do and am rooting for him to exceptionally well and not be blamed for the loss (which he shouldn't be for Game 1).

greg2
06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Rooting for the Spurs because I'm hoping for the off chance that if they win, Ginobili, Duncan and Pop will retire and the West will open a little more for my Rockets. But, I do like Lebron so I'd like to see him do well

bucketss
06-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Rooting for the Spurs because I'm hoping for the off chance that if they win, Ginobili, Duncan and Pop will retire and the West will open a little more for my Rockets. But, I do like Lebron so I'd like to see him do well

hopefully you guys get dwight! will be rooting for you guys next year.

He115ing
06-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Don't throw bricks if you live in a glass house Laker fan.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 04:38 PM

13-18 range?

Teeboy1487
06-07-2013, 04:44 PM
a lose might get miami to trade the rupaul of big men chris bosh, maybe for like a deal west/geroge hill for bosh/miller,

I would still trade him even if the Heat win. No way Bosh deserves max money at this point.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 04:46 PM
13-18 range?

Uhh yeah?? You don't really think Lebron is anywhere near top 10 do you?

bucketss
06-07-2013, 04:51 PM

well 13 is pretty close to 10 so i don't know why you're asking me that question. im just more surprised you have lebron 13-18 lmao, thats a pretty high ranking from a hater like yourself.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 05:04 PM
well 13 is pretty close to 10 so i don't know why you're asking me that question. im just more surprised you have lebron 13-18 lmao, thats a pretty high ranking from a hater like yourself.

I have him ranked 16, which is totally fair. I'm not a hater, I'm just a realist. I will not sit here and worship Lebron because he left his team to join two other superstar to start stacking watered down rings. I've already said the if Lebron stayed in Cleveland and had the heart and soul of MJ/Kobe, he could have been up for goat discussions.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
I have him ranked 16, which is totally fair. I'm not a hater, I'm just a realist. I will not sit here and worship Lebron because he left his team to join two other superstar to start stacking watered down rings. I've already said the if Lebron stayed in Cleveland and had the heart and soul of MJ/Kobe, he could have been up for goat discussions.

if he stayed in cleveland he wold have never won a ring, and lebron would be remembered as another charles barkley.

amos1er
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM
not greatest, just future top ten all time player, best player in the league currently. most people don't think lebron is goat, but somehow kobe/jordan fans convince themselves that people think this.. maybe its paranoia?

I would agree with this mostly, but their are tons of posters on here who proclaim Lebron to be in the top ten of all time already and some who even say he is top five. Then you get the complete Leboner who thinks he is on the path to surpassing Jordan. Not to name any names or anything...cough...cough...Oceanspray...cough...co ugh

amos1er
06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
if he stayed in cleveland he wold have never won a ring, and lebron would be remembered as another charles barkley.

The ring he won last season only counts as like 2/3 of a ring IMO. His team was stacked like no other, the disparity in talent was only surpassed by Russell's Celtics, and it was a lockout season. Lets not even get started on the terrible officiating in the Boston series and the OKC San Antonio series that got them the greener opponents in the finals just like Stern wanted. 2/3 of a ring is more than fair IMO. Especially compared to any of Jordan's rings.

amos1er
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM

Personally I have him anywhere between 15-20 at the moment. 16 sounds fair to me. Though on the most overrated list of all time he is number one by far. Don't forget the most help of all time list too where he is number 2 to only to Russell.

amos1er
06-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Don't throw bricks if you live in a glass house Laker fan.

Glass house???

lol

Surely you jest...16 banners don't hang on glass my friend.

LBJackpot
06-07-2013, 06:39 PM
The ring he won last season only counts as like 2/3 of a ring IMO. His team was stacked like no other, the disparity in talent was only surpassed by Russell's Celtics, and it was a lockout season. Lets not even get started on the terrible officiating in the Boston series and the OKC San Antonio series that got them the greener opponents in the finals just like Stern wanted. 2/3 of a ring is more than fair IMO. Especially compared to any of Jordan's rings.

Lol alright lets play that game. Shaq carried (obviously not actually carried but im talking to a troll so i might as well exaggerate like you) Kobe to 3 rings. By my calculations each of his rings are worth 1/3 because he wasnt even the best player on the team. Then we will give him 1 1/2 rings for the next 2 championships because Gasol carried his ***.

So add it up and Kobe has at most 2 1/2 rings. Trolling is fun isnt it?

ztilzer31
06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Just put Amosier up on your ignore list. Maybe once enough of us do it he'll get the point. I can't even read his crap anymore, and it always throws everything off topic.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Personally I have him anywhere between 15-20 at the moment. 16 sounds fair to me. Though on the most overrated list of all time he is number one by far. Don't forget the most help of all time list too where he is number 2 to only to Russell.

The last part is also true my friend.

Sactown
06-07-2013, 07:18 PM
The last part is also true my friend.

Look at Bosh and Wades #'s.. he isn't getting as much help as you'd like to claim.. And Jordan and Kobe have had much more help during their rings... So I don't know what you're talking about.. Magic and Bird also had ELITE help.. You guys are just haters.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 07:24 PM

"LeBoners"

blams
06-07-2013, 07:27 PM
13-18 range?

He absolutely is. 4 MVPs and 1 soon to be 2 rings...with a lot of his script still unwritten.

Sactown
06-07-2013, 07:28 PM

Both Kobe and MJ almost left their teams.... stop it.

jerellh528
06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Both Kobe and MJ almost left their teams.... stop it.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Jordan did leave, to play baseball. That's why I've always said his "passion" for the game was overrated

bucketss
06-07-2013, 07:32 PM

so stacked that they were considered underdogs in the finals.

btw you can try your hardest to discredit lebrons championship but like lebron said no one can take it away from him.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Lol alright lets play that game. Shaq carried (obviously not actually carried but im talking to a troll so i might as well exaggerate like you) Kobe to 3 rings. By my calculations each of his rings are worth 1/3 because he wasnt even the best player on the team. Then we will give him 1 1/2 rings for the next 2 championships because Gasol carried his ***.

So add it up and Kobe has at most 2 1/2 rings. Trolling is fun isnt it?

not to mention they were awarded 21 fourth quarter ft's in the 2010 finals,which was more than the celtics had all game, kobe pulled an epic choke job going like 6-25 that night, even gasol was choking.. but the nba couldn't have kobe go out like that.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Jordan did leave, to play baseball. That's why I've always said his "passion" for the game was overrated

+1

jordan even admitted he lost passion for the game, btw i always said kobe was more skilled than jordan even mastering jordans own moves, but unfortunately kobe wasn't gifted with the athletic ability and humongous hands.

mj is not a bball god.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Look at Bosh and Wades #'s.. he isn't getting as much help as you'd like to claim.. And Jordan and Kobe have had much more help during their rings... So I don't know what you're talking about.. Magic and Bird also had ELITE help.. You guys are just haters.Lebron has the best 2nd3rd option paring in the NBA, with nothing short of snipers as his role players. How much more help does Lebron need?

He absolutely is. 4 MVPs and 1 soon to be 2 rings...with a lot of his script still unwritten.Top 10 as of today??????? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Both Kobe and MJ almost left their teams.... stop it."ALMOST!" Lebron skipped town with his two girlfriends and embarrassed his home state in front of the world.

not to mention they were awarded 21 fourth quarter ft's in the 2010 finals,which was more than the celtics had all game, kobe pulled an epic choke job going like 6-25 that night, even gasol was choking.. but the nba couldn't have kobe go out like that.

You forget to mention his great defense, 14 rebounds, and 10 points in the fourth to end the game.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Lebron has the best 2nd3rd option paring in the NBA, with nothing short of snipers as his role players. How much more help does Lebron need?

Top 10 as of today??????? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

"ALMOST!" Lebron skipped town with his two girlfriends and embarrassed his home state in front of the world.

You forget to mention his great defense, 14 rebounds, and 10 points in the fourth to end the game.

its not great defense when the refs are letting you play, while calling touch fouls on the other end.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Once again, Lebron haters have derailed this thread. This thread was not for you guys. Go post in the other 20394832 threads dedicated for this purpose

LBJackpot
06-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Once again, Lebron haters have derailed this thread. This thread was not for you guys. Go post in the other 20394832 threads dedicated for this purpose

Its really just the Amosler/Illusionist guys who ruin any thread that has anything to do with LeBron and they seem like the same people.

I would ignore but it is pretty funny seeing what those dudes actually say lol. The Amosler guy is the biggest hypocrite i have ever seen. I have LBJ in my damn name and I cant understand how someone can be sooooooo blatantly biased.

amos1er
06-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Its really just the Amosler/Illusionist guys who ruin any thread that has anything to do with LeBron and they seem like the same people.

False.

I would ignore but it is pretty funny seeing what those dudes actually say lol. The Amosler guy is the biggest hypocrite i have ever seen.

A hypocrite you say...any sort of evidence to back up this outlandish claim???

I have LBJ in my damn name and I cant understand how someone can be sooooooo blatantly biased.

Huh???

amos1er
06-08-2013, 06:25 AM

Wasn't Lebron supposed to be the topic of this thread? Would you rather I discuss world politics?

amos1er
06-08-2013, 06:32 AM

Call it what you want, but the Lakers came back down 2-0. Either way we didn't win it all so it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Laker fans don't celebrate WCS victories, we celebrate championships.

D-Leethal
06-08-2013, 09:21 AM
its not great defense when the refs are letting you play, while calling touch fouls on the other end.

Your such a little girl. Sack up your team got smoked in the 4th quarter and your hero did nothing to stop it.

D-Leethal
06-08-2013, 09:24 AM
+1

jordan even admitted he lost passion for the game, btw i always said kobe was more skilled than jordan even mastering jordans own moves, but unfortunately kobe wasn't gifted with the athletic ability and humongous hands.

mj is not a bball god.

His dad was ****ing kidnapped and murdered dude. That usually warps your mindset for a little while, no?

chi-townlove1
06-08-2013, 10:21 AM

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

ManRam
06-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I think ManRam falls into this category

:nod:

kdspurman
06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Call it what you want, but the Lakers came back down 2-0. Either way we didn't win it all so it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Laker fans don't celebrate WCS victories, we celebrate championships.

Well yea, I know that. But he said we were lucky Horry didn't hit a 3 in 2005. I'm saying, luck is always involved.

Dnovakovic099
06-08-2013, 12:44 PM

LeBron > Kobe

bucketss
06-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Your such a little girl. Sack up your team got smoked in the 4th quarter and your hero did nothing to stop it.

stop following me everywhere, and like i said miami is not my team.

LA probably won't see another championship for awhile, possibly not even the playoffs for next year.

Wasn't Lebron supposed to be the topic of this thread? Would you rather I discuss world politics?

yeah sure, what do you think about the ethiopia/Egypt nile river conflict?