PDA

View Full Version : Dr.J : Lakers/Celtics are no good tricksters, lying swindlers and rotten thieves

Chronz
06-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Calls Bynum damaged goods and implies the Lakers did Philly wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-XkUpk07c
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/06/sixers-consultant-julius-erving-calls-andrew-bynum-damaged-goods/

"When you talk to the Lakers, when you talk to the Celtics, when you talk to - well, those two in particular - the guy on the other end of the phone has his fingers crossed," Erving said. "So whatever he's telling you, he's not telling you the truth. He's working a deal for him. And what happened to us last year with getting damaged goods hopefully will only happen once. And that's the extent of that learning curve."

You heard it from the legend himself, Lakers duped the Sixers into taking on damaged goods.

True/False? Thoughts??

ChitownBears22
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Well that is the Lakers team. They always look to screw over someone. Did it to Memphis to get Gasol did it to Philly to get Dwight. Karma caught up to them this year. They are entering a very dark period and I don't think they will come out of it for a while. No one wants to go to LA because they will be compared to Kobe by the stupid media. They must win and will have such high expectations they will never meet.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/06/sixers-consultant-julius-erving-calls-andrew-bynum-damaged-goods/

You heard it from the legend himself, Lakers duped the Sixers into taking on damaged goods.

True/False? Thoughts??

I'm almost totally convinced we did:laugh: I've said it before we knew we had to get rid of him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Well that is the Lakers team. They always look to screw over someone. Did it to Memphis to get Gasol did it to Philly to get Dwight. Karma caught up to them this year. They are entering a very dark period and I don't think they will come out of it for a while. No one wants to go to LA because they will be compared to Kobe by the stupid media. They must win and will have such high expectations they will never meet.

History :laugh2: at you.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
History :laugh2: at you.

Dwight's leaving. He could make a lot of money in that city and he is ready to dip out to go to Houston.

showtym24
06-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Lmao 5 years tops.

ThunderousDemon
06-06-2013, 07:35 PM
:)

Lakers

Chronz
06-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Radio guys in LA are basically calling Dr.J a novice for thinking Bynum being injured is "news"

dtmagnet
06-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I think everyone knew his knees were bad though.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Dwight's leaving. He could make a lot of money in that city and he is ready to dip out to go to Houston.

So what. Now we get to get ready for 2014. Bynum has was never anything special Imo. We had a year with Dwight, and came up short due to many reasons. It's better than having 0 Bynum all year.

bucketss
06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
i also suspect they gave the magic a under the table to deal to get them to give up dwight for scrubs, possibly same thing with gasol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
i also suspect they gave the magic a under the table to deal to get them to give up dwight for scrubs, possibly same thing with gasol.

When you run ****, you can get away with a lot. ;)

LayBraun
As much as I HATE the Lakers and can agree that both franchises do swindle teams, Philly is idiotic for taking Bynum on. You knew the injury history, you knew the head case. Blame yourselves for a poor basketball AND financial decision.

ThunderousDemon

Yes, I suspected this as well.

It was foretold by my magic 8 ball.

smith&wesson
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
the 76ers def got the **** end of the stick.

they lost iggy who was probably their best player at the time and someone who is one of the best perimiter defendrs in the game.

they got bynum 16+ million who didnt play a single game for them and is now entering free agency.

they were better off keeping iggy and just offering greg oden a vets min contract.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
So what. Now we get to get ready for 2014. Bynum has was never anything special Imo. We had a year with Dwight, and came up short due to many reasons. It's better than having 0 Bynum all year.

2014? You might get John Wall, good luck with that.

smith&wesson
06-06-2013, 07:50 PM
I think everyone knew his knees were bad though.

i was called dupid when i said i wanted no part of him in toronto.. some people really thought bynum was a big reason as to why LA won a couple rings. lol i always looked at him as an injury prone big man who was semi ********.

bucketss
06-06-2013, 07:54 PM
i was called dupid when i said i wanted no part of him in toronto.. some people really thought bynum was a big reason as to why LA won a couple rings. lol i always looked at him as an injury prone big man who was semi ********.

lol guys in the raptors forum always attracted to injury prone players, i got called out as well when i said oden is done and we shouldn't waste time on him.

More-Than-Most
06-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Philly deserved what they got if this is true. We should have did our homework. I dont blame the lakers at all. Hell I would want the sixers to do this to someone else as well if the other team was stupid enough to fall for it. Its a business.... Beg/Borrow/Steal yourself into being successful...Nothing else matters.

lakersfan01
06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Championship envy lol

LOOTERX9
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
i agree with the Docter

foonaka
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Okay, so the Lakers held a gun to Philly's management and said "Take Bynum or else!"? EVERYONE knew Bynum was damaged goods. If they didn't do their due dilligence, that's on them. Dwight was also coming off major surgery and NO ONE knew if he would ever be the same, but the Lakers also took a chance on him, just as Philly took a chance on Bynum.

As for the Lakers trading "scrubs" for Pau Gasol, don't forget that Marc Gasol went the other way in that deal and THAT'S why the Grizzlies made that deal. They knew exactly what they were getting. They were looking long-term and traded a big name for prospects (the others were filler to make the salaries match) and they're better off for it now. I was pissed at the time that Marc went in that deal and now everyone else knows why.

And if Dwight leaves, it will be the best thing that ever happened to the Lakers in the long-term. He's an overrated hack and doesn't have the stones to make it under the scrutiny and bright lights in Los Angeles. He's not a winner and he never will be as long as he continues to act like a child. He's worried about being compared to Shaq, but he could only wish to be compared to one of the most dominant players to ever play, who also retired with four rings.

Lakers will be back in less than two years. Mark my words... It's always been that way and always will be that way.

STAT1
06-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Wait so when making trades you have to worry about the other franchise too? Even if they agree to a trade involving an injury plagued big man on a one year contract?

RLundi
06-06-2013, 08:13 PM
When you run ****, you can get away with a lot. ;)

:pity:

I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you can extremely annoying at times.

smith&wesson
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Philly deserved what they got if this is true. We should have did our homework. I dont blame the lakers at all. Hell I would want the sixers to do this to someone else as well if the other team was stupid enough to fall for it. Its a business.... Beg/Borrow/Steal yourself into being successful...Nothing else matters.

lol what kind of crookit business do you run :laugh2: I want inz :p

2-ONE-5
06-06-2013, 08:22 PM
As much as I HATE the Lakers and can agree that both franchises do swindle teams, Philly is idiotic for taking Bynum on. You knew the injury history, you knew the head case. Blame yourselves for a poor basketball AND financial decision.

how was it a poor decision? he just played a full season at a high level. We prob would have been a top 4-5 seed with the potential to give Miami similar problems that the Pacers gave em.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Lakers and a very dark period don't happen! They'll be back soon

Kevj77
06-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Radio guys in LA are basically calling Dr.J a novice for thinking Bynum being injured is "news"Got to admit they have a point.

Aust
06-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Did the Lakers force Philly to accept the trade? No? Then stop whining. They had their doctors look at Bynum, they knew of his injury history and they made the trade. Plus, the Sixer's took out an insurance policy on Bynum's salary, looks like they knew what they were getting into. Everyone knew Bynum was/is a risk.
Take some ****ing responsibility please.

Shlumpledink
06-07-2013, 12:39 AM
He's only saying this because he is a sixer. The sixers knew that Bynum was damaged goods, they just were hoping he wasn't. They rolled the dice and got snake eyes. But they rolled the dice, it's just rotten luck for the sixers.

J4KOP99
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Radio guys in LA are basically calling Dr.J a novice for thinking Bynum being injured is "news"

Forget that. Philly gave him a physical, had the opportunity to look at his medical records, and could obviously have a Dr look at him...

Philly knew it was a risk but they also knew they weren't winning **** with Iggy and his rather large contract.

Jenceman
06-07-2013, 12:56 AM
More like Dr. J and the 76ers are a bag of dumbasses for accepting what the whole league knew was damaged goods.

Hellcrooner
06-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Lol.

1 every body in teh ****ing world with two eyes and 1 brain, or even 1 eye and half a brain KNEW bynum was damaged godos.

2 , Hey Dr, why dont you remind the younglins HOW exactly did the Sixers get you so they could have their own SUPERTEAM ( that falied to deliver over and over).

lakerboy
06-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Everybody knew -- even the guys in PSD knew --- that Bynum had bum knees. He is a dumb *** for accepting that trade.

kobe4thewinbang
06-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Nobody forced Philadelphia to make the trade. It ain't like Bynum wasn't injured before. Dr. J is just bitter he wasn't wearing green or purple & gold.

RaiderLakersA's
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Okay, so the Lakers held a gun to Philly's management and said "Take Bynum or else!"? EVERYONE knew Bynum was damaged goods. If they didn't do their due dilligence, that's on them. Dwight was also coming off major surgery and NO ONE knew if he would ever be the same, but the Lakers also took a chance on him, just as Philly took a chance on Bynum.

As for the Lakers trading "scrubs" for Pau Gasol, don't forget that Marc Gasol went the other way in that deal and THAT'S why the Grizzlies made that deal. They knew exactly what they were getting. They were looking long-term and traded a big name for prospects (the others were filler to make the salaries match) and they're better off for it now. I was pissed at the time that Marc went in that deal and now everyone else knows why.

And if Dwight leaves, it will be the best thing that ever happened to the Lakers in the long-term. He's an overrated hack and doesn't have the stones to make it under the scrutiny and bright lights in Los Angeles. He's not a winner and he never will be as long as he continues to act like a child. He's worried about being compared to Shaq, but he could only wish to be compared to one of the most dominant players to ever play, who also retired with four rings.

Lakers will be back in less than two years. Mark my words... It's always been that way and always will be that way.

Nailed it. :clap:

Besides, Philly's doctors had to also clear Bynum, or the trade would have been voided. They did. According to them, he passed. Dr. J. is one of my favorite all time players, but he is not being entirely unbiased here.

Super.
06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
heh

someone seems upset

2-ONE-5
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
do people forget that Bynum was cleared for 5v5 in practice during the season. I fully expect him to play 50-60 games wherever he winds up next season

Sactown
06-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I didn't know the 76ERs didn't have any internet access and couldn't look up the injury report on Bynum...

JasonJohnHorn
06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
This was a calculated risk. Orlando knew it, which is why they wouldn't take Bynum back in a trade. They wanted other pieces. They refused to take that gamble. The 76ers, and every team in the league knew Bynum has questionable knees and they chose to take that gamble. It wasn't a bad bet, but it was one they lost out on. There is nobody to blame really here.

RaiderLakersA's
06-07-2013, 12:26 PM
If he's willing to play for less and is anywhere near 80% healthy, Bynum would do well on the Heat.

Knowledge
06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised a junk thread like this was started by someone I actually respect in the main forum. He played during the 80s, and the Celtics and Lakers were our biggest rival back when their was real hate, its not crazy to think he doesn't trust them to this day.

And it also isn't crazy to think that the Lakers figured they got one over on the league by selling high on Bynum and getting Howard. I don't think they knew how much of a headcase Howard could be and the 76ers clearly didn't know Bynum's knees would give out so soon. It was a failed trade by both teams.

hugepatsfan
06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
What did the Celtics do?

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM

True/False? Thoughts??

True. And?

What team would initiate a trade that wouldn't be to their advantage? Call it duping, lying, swindling, or whatever, it's the trade partner that agreed without a gun to their head...their the dumbass. Or maybe the team that accepted the lesser of the trade was looking into the future (expiring contracts etc etc).

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
:pity:

I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you can extremely annoying at times.

It was a joke, lol ease up man.

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 12:55 PM
What did the Celtics do?

Nothing. I know right?

Knowledge
06-07-2013, 01:05 PM
What did the Celtics do?

He was just saying that the 76ers should never trust the Celtics or the Lakers in general. Even if time has passed on, back then the hatred was real. His logic is messed up, but I understand why he feels like he feels due to the history of it all.

QUICKTRADE
06-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Lakers didn't dupe anyone as Dr J implied. Logic: Philly has their own set of doctors who might have done their own investigation instead of relying on info provided by other party. In summation of the deal Philly was dumb enough to admit they failed because they don't have brains to verify the report provided to them.

Chronz
06-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Would you want Dr.J as an adviser ? Wonder how much Philly pays him for his genius insight.

tr3ymill3r
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Did Philly not pay Drs to clear Bynum? If Dr. J wants to blame anyone he needs to blame himself for being a Dr. and signing off on Bynum.

sjbirds
06-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Didn't cost them much. Since he didn't play insurance covered most of his salary

sjbirds
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Did Philly not pay Drs to clear Bynum? If Dr. J wants to blame anyone he needs to blame himself for being a Dr. and signing off on Bynum.

Please tell me this is a bad joke haha

Knowledge
06-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Would you want Dr.J as an adviser ? Wonder how much Philly pays him for his genius insight.

He is there is shake hands and be an ambassador. I'm surprised you started this junk thread, especially by taking liberties with the title knowing people don't read, very disappointed in that part in particular.

Once again, his logic is messed up, but if you take into consideration the history the 76ers had with the Celtics and Lakers in the 80s, I understand why he feels the way he feels. No team makes a trade without thinking they got the better end of it.

It just happens that both the 76ers and Lakers lost this trade in different ways.

Dade County
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The media and Laker fans will have no reason to pure hate Howard's way, when he signs with another team, in the off season.

1st, he is a free agent and owes his former team nothing... 2nd, the player that the Lakers traded to get Howard never even played a damn game for his new team.

**** the media & the haters!

RaiderLakersA's
06-07-2013, 03:27 PM
The media and Laker fans will have no reason to pure hate Howard's way, when he signs with another team, in the off season.

1st, he is a free agent and owes his former team nothing... 2nd, the player that the Lakers traded to get Howard never even played a damn game for his new team.

**** the media & the haters!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I personally don't care whether Howard stays or leaves. I know he wasn't 100% this season, but I'm not convinced that he can be the kind of dominant center that can turn the Lakers' fortunes. Nor do I believe that D'Antoni and Howard can co-exist. Both are free to prove me wrong, but they'll have to win a championship to do so. Nothing less will do at this point.

Bruno
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
phili knew what they were getting. it's their own fault if they weren't able to work about a better deal for Iggy.

RaiderLakersA's
06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
phili knew what they were getting. it's their own fault if they weren't able to work about a better deal for Iggy.

Isn't Iggy also a free agent now? They should be able to right the ship again, if they so choose.

2-ONE-5
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
^no thats not happening. After Howard, Bynum, and Iggy all sign elsewhere this whole trade will be comical