PDA

View Full Version : George Karl and Nuggets part ways

kdspurman
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Denver has parted ways with coach George Karl, league source tells Yahoo! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Karl will not be brought back for the final year of his contract, source tells Y! Sports. He was informed this morning.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
In final year of deal, Karl was pushing for a contract extension, and ownership wasn't prepared to give it to him, source tells Y!

Coach of the year curse lives on!

310Casper
06-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Clippers.

king4day
06-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Pretty incredible. Detroit should look long and hard at him.
They seem to have a bit more flexibility than the Nets and Clips would. If he wants to do the 'win now' thing, then I'd go with the loser of the Brian Shaw sweepstakes.

Heediot
06-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I hope the Clippers do not sign him.
He's overrated as **** to me.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
#blamemelo

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Gotta love Captain Scapegoat. I bet every player on that squad is gonna party their ***** off tonight to celebrate.

kylem4711
clippers please!

kdspurman
Nuggets lose the coach of the year and executive of the year... crazy!

kdspurman
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Doc & Pop are the only 2 coaches left with 5+ years' tenure

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Kenneth Faried is PISSED on Twitter. He will be hired by the Clippers.

SlimKid
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Wow. what is Denver doing?

I Rock Shaqs
06-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Wow what he needs to do now is COME TO THE RAPTORS!!!!

Zackthesack
What do you know, the Kroenke's are being a bunch of cheap ****s again... **** this. That entire roster is built around Karl's style, were going into complete overhaul now.

kdspurman
@WojYahooNBA
Denver plans to reach out for permission to speak to Brian Shaw and Lionel Hollins soon, league source tells Y! Sports.

4milesperday
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
overrated coach

airronijordan
06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
He's an overrated coach. But Denver's roster was built based on Karl's philosophy.
I can't see Hollins or Shaw having success unless they change around the roster

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Can't wait til they steal Shaw from the Nets.

EnWhyKay
Serves him right.. He got this team to overachieve... But that Style isnt conducive to deep playoff runs.... And the fact that they overachieved means lofty expectation would come with it. Plus he was in the final year of his deal.. Let him walk and get a real coach in there and build a real roster..

macc
I often wonder what the point of signing a contract for these coaches means anymore. They are never allowed to finish them out. Some owners just have unrealistic expectations. I'm not sure exactly what they expect Denver to be able to do. They are a well rounded team but a coach needs the superstars/all stars to get deep into the playoffs, thats just the reality of the situation.

D-Leethal
Denver is definitely the hottest job opening on the market right now. I'd say Denver than the Nets than Grizz.

NYKnickFanatic
LMFAO!!!

:laugh2:

Told you so! Where is that Nuggets fan who was so sure they had no intentions of firing him?

Oh man! :laugh:

Slug3
06-06-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm not the biggest fan if his, but Spo has been the head coach for Miami for 5 years.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Denver is definitely the hottest job opening on the market right now. I'd say Denver than the Nets than Grizz.

Clippers,with CP3 is. Shaw, Gentry, JVG, SVG and others have flat out said as much.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Can't wait til they steal Shaw from the Nets.

Let them have Brian Shaw

akesh99
06-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Clippers?

tr3ymill3r
06-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Denver is about to go really cheap and they will hire someone you've never heard of, Iggy is gone and Faried is upset now too, goodluck.

THE GIPPER
06-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Svg!!!

Zackthesack
Clippers,with CP3 is. Shaw, Gentry, JVG, SVG and others have flat out said as much.
i agree, but CP3 is hardly a lock to stay with the Clippers.

ManningToTyree
He is so overrated. Good move for Denver

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I didn't even think of Clips. I'm still not sold Clips are a hotter job in the eyes of a coach with the CP3 drama, the crappy owner, being the second fiddle in LA etc. I think Denver is pretty much just as good a team right now, and I think their future looks brighter, with less pressure to get fired and less ego to deal with. In my eyes, that would just be a dream situation to fall in as a coach. Not to mention there is no guarantee CP3 will be there.

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 12:05 PM

LOL, Denver became a job opening about 10 minutes ago. Of course they said as much SMH.

Twins Fanatic
06-06-2013, 12:07 PM
He's not overrated. It doesn't matter who Denver brings in, they'll still be that team without an allstar that won't come out of the west.

kdspurman
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm not the biggest fan if his, but Spo has been the head coach for Miami for 5 years.

I guess because this season isn't "technically" finished and he started 08-09 maybe? Saw some folks bring that up on Twitter, but he is the 3rd longest tenured coach which he said was "scary" lol

JerseyPalahniuk
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Denver has a pretty good roster that fits Karl's coaching philosophy. IMO he should sign there.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Ty Lawson is not happy about this move. Farried is not happy about this move. I admire that kind of loyalty from players.

oak2455
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Poor George :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Denver is better then the clippers. They had bad luck with galo going down. Denver can retain iggy they will be good again. Lawson and faired will get over it soon nba is not about loyalty it's about money and winning. With galo IMO Denver beats gsw and give the spurs a run for their money

Zackthesack
06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Ty Lawson is not happy about this move. Farried is not happy about this move. I admire that kind of loyalty from players.

Has Ty said something too? or are you just assuming?

Nats_vcu-Okc35
06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Serves him right.. He got this team to overachieve... But that Style isnt conducive to deep playoff runs.... And the fact that they overachieved means lofty expectation would come with it. Plus he was in the final year of his deal.. Let him walk and get a real coach in there and build a real roster..

"Serves him right?" I don't really have any particular affinity for the Nuggets or Karl, but to imply that he isn't a "real coach" is total BS. You don't get to coach in the NBA for 25 years if you're not.

You can obviously point to his recent playoff record, but to dismiss a man who has battled through so much in his time in the NBA, personally, and professionally is pretty ridiculous.

It's not as though the man has never won in the playoffs, and during his tenure, the nuggets were never a sub .500 team, and his career win percentage is almost 60% in 25 regular seasons as coach.

Issue seems to be that the owners don't want to spend on their GM of the year, or Coach of the year who was asking for an extension, not that Karl couldn't do his job.

todu82
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Watch the Clippers or Nets have him hired by the end of the week. Denver's going to take a huge step backward with this move.

JiffyMix88
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
#blamemelo

#blamemanagementnoonegivesa****boutmelo

LTBaByyy
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Rick Carlise says hi

BenFrank
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
So Denver just let the GM of the year walk, and Fire the Coach of the Year.. Maybe it's just me, but I think there doing things backwards.. I guess Iggy won't be back

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
***Peter Vescey Disclaimer***

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 12 minutes ago
Reaching 2d round or farther would not have gotten Karl new deal. He had contract. Ownership demanded he (coach) it out like rest of world

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 8 minutes ago
Karl would still be coach had He stopped making life miserable for everyone due to obsession about extension

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Watch the Clippers or Nets have him hired by the end of the week. Denver's going to take a huge step backward with this move.

Would be a disaster for both teams. Too much star ego on those teams. Karl doesn't manage ego's well and coaches with an old school drill sargeant style.

Gary Payton is the only dude that doesn't hate the guy.

Karl basically admits as much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1uC-jU1550

"Gary is one of 10 guys I consider a good friend from my days of coaching"

25 years and 10 ****ing guys? Hmmm.........wonder why?

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
When Ray Allen hates you, your probably a giant douchebag.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I didn't even think of Clips. I'm still not sold Clips are a hotter job in the eyes of a coach with the CP3 drama, the crappy owner, being the second fiddle in LA etc. I think Denver is pretty much just as good a team right now, and I think their future looks brighter, with less pressure to get fired and less ego to deal with. In my eyes, that would just be a dream situation to fall in as a coach. Not to mention there is no guarantee CP3 will be there.

What drama? Clippers spend more than Denver and Memphis in recent years and outside of coaching decisions Sterling doesn't evwn get involved. CP3 is staying and most experts agree. Second fiddle doesn't mean crap to a coach. Plus LA is infinitely better as a city than Denver. More importantly the Clippers have more upside and flexibility than these teams.

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 01:11 PM
What drama? Clippers spend more than Denver and Memphis in recent years and outside of coaching decisions Sterling doesn't evwn get involved. CP3 is staying and most experts agree. Second fiddle doesn't mean crap to a coach. Plus LA is infinitely better as a city than Denver. More importantly the Clippers have more upside and flexibility than these teams.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

KnickaBocka.44
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Since their season isn't over, he has technically coached them for 4+ years at this point, but not 5.

smith&wesson
06-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Wow I'm shocked!

Coach of the year and gm of the year get canned! Denever management must have been really pissed off about losing in the first round to a lower seeded team.

GunFactor187
06-06-2013, 01:16 PM
They're starting to plant the seeds to go lottery bound to attempt a risk at getting Wiggins!!!! bwahaha!

lol, please
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow. what is Denver doing?
:laugh:

lol, please
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Not sure what to make of this. I know the fans after the playoffs wanted him gone, but was that more emotion than rational thinking? Is this really the right move?

Losoway
06-06-2013, 01:21 PM
finally. i mean im pretty sure denver is tired of not being able to get out the first round. good move bring in someone new and fresh

Zackthesack
06-06-2013, 01:26 PM

explain how the clippers have more upside and flexibility than the nuggets? the nuggets are stacked with nothing but young talent. If CP3 leaves, the clippers are in a horrible position

JLynn943
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Kings should have waited

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
explain how the clippers have more upside and flexibility than the nuggets? the nuggets are stacked with nothing but young talent. If CP3 leaves, the clippers are in a horrible position

What young talent? You'd take the core of Lawson, Faried, McGee and Gallo over CP3, Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe going forward? Nobody in their right mind would. DJ is a higher IQ Mcgee. Griffin and CP3 are already easily the two best among those cores and always will be. Bledsoe will likely net us nice pieces and if not has great upside. Iggy, Chandler etc are all but gone soon. Clippers only have 4 players locked into a salary next summer and by then,DJ will have just a year left on his deal. Clippers are clearly better going forward, yes.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Steve Kerr: "Clippers... Call George Karl... Now". Jared Dudley also said it an hour ago. such a natural fit.

Lim
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
coach of the year and gets fired. now that **** is funny.

Zackthesack
06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Iggy is gone... Chandler is under contract till 2016. Youre talking about CP3 like he is a lock to stay, which is far from the truth. That team is nothing without CP3. Take Karl, lets see how he matches up with the egos of CP3 (if he stays) and Blake.

Bruno
06-06-2013, 01:57 PM
how many times in NBA history has the coach of the year been fired?

torocan
06-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Coach of the year And Exec of the year both walk?

Call me silly, but you would think they would keep at least ONE of them... don't see this as a good move for Denver. Who do you put in his place? Don't see a deep coaching pool out there...

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 02:01 PM
[SPOILER TAG][/SPOILER TAG]
Iggy is gone... Chandler is under contract till 2016. Youre talking about CP3 like he is a lock to stay, which is far from the truth. That team is nothing without CP3. Take Karl, lets see how he matches up with the egos of CP3 (if he stays) and Blake.

Griffin is still a better franchise player and cornerstone than any of the Nuggets players. Without CP3 we still have,Bledsoe, DJ, Crawford, Griffin and suddenly max cap space. Better city, better situation.

IgglesFanInCO
06-06-2013, 02:07 PM
99% of educated nuggets fans are rejoicing

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
i think cp3 is better of with a coach liek a shaw or b scott if he stays and doesnt come to the knicks which iam praying for lol

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Btw Im sure coaches will be,rushing to work for the,team that just fired coach and executive of the year lmao.

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Btw Im sure coaches will be,rushing to work for the,team that just fired coach and executive of the year lmao.

They didn't fire either one dude. They allowed Masai to go interview for his dream job while he was under contract. Thats a major +1 for the Nuggets org. They wanted GK to play out the last year of his deal and GK didn't want to do it without an extension. They mutually agreed it was best to part ways.

No one was fired in each situation.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Yeah go to the clippers who even with Chris Paul are a piece away anyway. Chris Paul is no guarantee to say at all. Nuggets are the better team, LA is the only reason anything matters about the clippers.. Go ahead take Karl he isn't a great coach. After his first year you will be calling for his head just like vinny del negro

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
i think cp3 is better of with a coach liek a shaw or b scott if he stays and doesnt come to the knicks which iam praying for lol

He won't be a Knicks haha. I'm sure he prefers Scott over Karl

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
H eprobably wont be a knick but him n melo together would give him the best chance to get a ring.

daboywonder2002
06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
if denver wants someone to play and start mcgee. they are in over their heads. im sorry most coaches wont have a lot of patience with him. on a side note they better keep steve hess. dude is a hell of a trainer. i wonder if they will hire someone in house.

smith&wesson
06-06-2013, 02:20 PM

I can thnk of mike brow, Sam Mitchel & Karl I can remember in recent history

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
H eprobably wont be a knick but him n melo together would give him the best chance to get a ring.

Him and lebron/Durant/a healthy Dwight gives him the best chance but yeah Paul and melo would be very interesting

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
if denver wants someone to play and start mcgee. they are in over their heads. im sorry most coaches wont have a lot of patience with him. on a side note they better keep steve hess. dude is a hell of a trainer. i wonder if they will hire someone in house.

90% of coaches start McGee over kofus

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Lebron is not a option neither is durant. I think i proved my point well about what durant looks like with out westbrook he basically is melo
Him and lebron/Durant/a healthy Dwight gives him the best chance but yeah Paul and melo would be very interesting

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=BklynKnicks3;26379420]Lebron is not a option neither is durant. I think i proved my point well about what durant looks like with out westbrook he basically is melo[/QUOTE

Durant is better then melo. And why are we an option but they aren't? We're way over the cap

heyman321
06-06-2013, 02:32 PM

You mean the same season or the season after? Mike D'Antoni, Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, George Karl, Avery Johnson.

IgglesFanInCO
06-06-2013, 02:40 PM
George Karl was pathetic at rotations and developing talent and openly admitted he couldnt draw up a play to save his life, he also didnt coach defense, half court offense, or fundamentals, im not 100% sure but im pretty sure the nuggets led the league in illegal screen calls

so if thats what you guys want in a head coach, go for it

oh wait i forgot the past couple years he has lost almost all emotion so he cant even lead a team or fire up a huddle anymore, and he has some of the worst timeout timing i have ever seen

JerseyPalahniuk
06-06-2013, 02:41 PM
He didn't get fired. they parted ways

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2013, 02:43 PM
no he is not and because they have westbrook. We also can get under the cap and give them a packege of felton shumpert our draft pick and chandler and take back d jordan. The key is cp3 has to want it
[QUOTE=BklynKnicks3;26379420]Lebron is not a option neither is durant. I think i proved my point well about what durant looks like with out westbrook he basically is melo[/QUOTE

Durant is better then melo. And why are we an option but they aren't? We're way over the cap

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah go to the clippers who even with Chris Paul are a piece away anyway. Chris Paul is no guarantee to say at all. Nuggets are the better team, LA is the only reason anything matters about the clippers.. Go ahead take Karl he isn't a great coach. After his first year you will be calling for his head just like vinny del negro

Denver had nowhere near the injury problems the Clippers had until very late in the season and only finished a game better, so not sure how you can say the Nuggets are the better team. Even if they were better last year slightly, going forward the Clippers have more upside, which was my point.

TorontoHuskies
06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I could see raptors making a run at him but Iím not really a fan of the move....Recently It seems like the raptors want to bring in every big name which comes available, problem with big names is that most are opportunists who landed in the perfect situation at the beginning of their careers(where would phil jackson's career be without Kobe, pipen, Shaq, Jordan and all the other stars?).

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
no he is not and because they have westbrook. We also can get under the cap and give them a packege of felton shumpert our draft pick and chandler and take back d jordan. The key is cp3 has to want it[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;26379448]

Lol no we would need to give them chandler and not take back Jordan that would put us over the apron. No durant Is just better

KnickaBocka.44
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Denver had nowhere near the injury problems the Clippers had until very late in the season and only finished a game better, so not sure how you can say the Nuggets are the better team. Even if they were better last year slightly, going forward the Clippers have more upside, which was my point.

What?! There is Blake and then who else? If Paul stays, Bledsoe is gone. Almost everyone on the Nuggets is young and has upside.

nycericanguy
06-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't get why alot of DEN fans say Karl couldn't develop players?

Did he not develop two late 1st round picks into starters in Lawson & Faried? Their offense was made for Lawson, yet some fans say he held Lawson back? Really?

I don't think Lawson will be as successful without Karl.

The hate he gets is absurd. Lawson & Faried are already upset... really the only two Nuggets that could be happy about this are Wilson Chandler & maybe Mcgee... but Mcgee with asthma can't really play more than 20mpg in DEN

TheRazorboy
06-06-2013, 02:48 PM
He didn't get fired. they parted ways

That's like when a friend tells you the breakup with his chick was a mutual decision.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM

The nuggets lost there best player IMO at the end which is why they got elimanted in round 1. How is that? As long as Denver brings iggy back what exaclyy makes the clippers better? Lawson faried galo McGee Anthony Randolph Fournier all young talented players. Clippers have griffin jordan Bledsoe (gone of Paul is back)? How are they better for the future?

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
What?! There is Blake and then who else? If Paul stays, Bledsoe is gone. Almost everyone on the Nuggets is young and has upside.

I already laid out the situation going forward if CP3 walks.

Griffin (already better than any Nugget, with top 5 player upside), DJ (not improving fast enough but still a solid young piece), Bledsoe AND max cap space. If CP3 walks the Clippers have 14-15 mill in cap all the sudden.

Nuggets have a bunch of 2-3 option starters in Lawson, Gallo, McGee, Faried going forward, none of which are consistent anyways. Iggy is gone once he hits free agency since Denver is going cheap, same with Chandler. Miller is gone.

Lawson took a small step back this year after getting a payday. Gallinari improved about as much as DeAndre Jordan (not much). Faried is the same EXACT player in his two years, in fact his per minute rates all declined as did his efficiency. None of these Nuggets players really seem to have upside or have added to their games much. I think Lawson/Gallo will always be very good, borderline all star players but they haven't showed me anything that says they will break out fully, same with McGee.

We've all seen what Griffin can do when he's THE guy. Sure he's young and the team doesn't win much but he puts up top 5 stats and still has a TON of upside.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
The nuggets lost there best player IMO at the end which is why they got elimanted in round 1. How is that? As long as Denver brings iggy back what exaclyy makes the clippers better? Lawson faried galo McGee Anthony Randolph Fournier all young talented players. Clippers have griffin jordan Bledsoe (gone of Paul is back)? How are they better for the future?

Even THIS year the Clippers were better, which is what you're being ignorant about. Before the injuries hit the Clippers had a LEAGUE BEST 32-9 record and were just the 3rd team in NBA history to have an undefeated month, ONLY team to ever do it with 16+ games. If you're counting role players like Fournier and Randolph... you're REALLY grasping at straws.

Even WITH all the multitude of injuries to our players left and right.. we finished just 1 game worse and that was with the Nuggets winning what 28 of their last 31 games or something? Trust me.. the Clippers were the better all around team, at least healthy.

4th ranked offense, 9th ranked defense vs 5th ranked offense, 11th ranked defense. If not for the bad injury issues and terrible last two months the Clippers would have stayed a top 5 offense and defense all year long, which would only be matched by the Spurs who are now in the finals. Clippers were top 5 offense and defense for the first 2-3 months of the season.

heyman321
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM

Griffin (already better than any Nugget, with top 5 player upside), DJ (not improving fast enough but still a solid young piece), Bledsoe AND max cap space. If CP3 walks the Clippers have 14-15 mill in cap all the sudden.

Nuggets have a bunch of 2-3 option starters in Lawson, Gallo, McGee, Faried going forward, none of which are consistent anyways. Iggy is gone once he hits free agency since Denver is going cheap, same with Chandler. Miller is gone.

Lawson took a small step back this year after getting a payday. Gallinari improved about as much as DeAndre Jordan (not much). Faried is the same EXACT player in his two years, in fact his per minute rates all declined as did his efficiency. None of these Nuggets players really seem to have upside or have added to their games much. I think Lawson/Gallo will always be very good, borderline all star players but they haven't showed me anything that says they will break out fully, same with McGee.

We've all seen what Griffin can do when he's THE guy. Sure he's young and the team doesn't win much but he puts up top 5 stats and still has a TON of upside.

Blake Griffin has gotten worse the past year, and Deandre Jordan isn't even a starter. Gallinari, Faried, Lawson, McGee, Chandler, Iggy (if he stays) are all better players. .

justinnum1
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Brian Shaw is going to have like 5 job offers.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Blake Griffin has gotten worse the past year, and Deandre Jordan isn't even a starter. Gallinari, Faried, Lawson, McGee, Chandler, Iggy (if he stays) are all better players. .

Iggy and Chandler shouldn't be in a discussion about "upside". 28 years old and both are gone soon. Jordan while very flawed... is still at least worth a mention in terms of upside. Blake Griffin didn't get worse. He had the 12th best PER in the NBA, 1st among PF's. He had a career best year in efficiency, much improved D and put up 21/10/4 PER 36. Reduced minutes, reduced shots and playing with far more depth/talent hurt his raw averages.

BTW not a single one of those guys would be picked over Blake Griffin by any GM in the league. He's EASILY the best player out of all the Nuggets players. Nobody comes close.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/VORPe

Gotta go down to 30th to find the Nuggets first player. Griffin on the other hand is right on the cusp of top 10. Complete joke to suggest ANY nuggets player is better.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
U
Even THIS year the Clippers were better, which is what you're being ignorant about. Before the injuries hit the Clippers had a LEAGUE BEST 32-9 record and were just the 3rd team in NBA history to have an undefeated month, ONLY team to ever do it with 16+ games. If you're counting role players like Fournier and Randolph... you're REALLY grasping at straws.

Even WITH all the multitude of injuries to our players left and right.. we finished just 1 game worse and that was with the Nuggets winning what 28 of their last 31 games or something? Trust me.. the Clippers were the better all around team, at least healthy.

4th ranked offense, 9th ranked defense vs 5th ranked offense, 11th ranked defense. If not for the bad injury issues and terrible last two months the Clippers would have stayed a top 5 offense and defense all year long, which would only be matched by the Spurs who are now in the finals. Clippers were top 5 offense and defense for the first 2-3 months of the season.

They weren't. Big deal you talk about they were one ore toe games out because te nugges went on a huge streak but then blame injuries on going way downhill after your huge overachieving start. You are a homer bro. The clippers are a piece away and griffin does not have top 5 upside not even close. Galo faried Lawson upside> griffin and jordan updside please. Nuggets are better now and for the future right now. Clippers better pray Paul stays or there set back for years

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Okay so chandler and iggy don't count because they are 28. So paul doesn't count towards the upside either

rocket
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I lol at the people calling him overrated. Do you guys even know how to rate coaches?

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
U

They weren't. Big deal you talk about they were one ore toe games out because te nugges went on a huge streak but then blame injuries on going way downhill after your huge overachieving start. You are a homer bro. The clippers are a piece away and griffin does not have top 5 upside not even close. Galo faried Lawson upside> griffin and jordan updside please. Nuggets are better now and for the future right now. Clippers better pray Paul stays or there set back for years

Get back to me when you want to actually talk basketball because nobody who knows basketball would agree these players have more upside than Griffin. Nuggets are a BIG piece away considering they have no consistent go to player they can depend on which is why they are a perennial first round exit. Clippers have better pieces to make deep playoff runs going forward. I would have LOVED to see how Denver would have done if we swapped coaches and they got the idiot Vinny.

Considering Griffin is already a top 10-15 player you want to be on something that he won't be a top 5 player in a couple years? I'll ban bet you right now on the spot two things.

1. The Clippers make a deeper playoff run than the Nuggets this coming year.

2. Griffin has a better year than ANY Nuggets player this year.

Put your money where your mouth is. If it doesn't happen, I'm banned... if it does you don't return.

TheRazorboy
06-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Do you guys even know how to rate coaches?

On the coach-o-meter?

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Okay so chandler and iggy don't count because they are 28. So paul doesn't count towards the upside either

We were talking about the Clippers WITHOUT Paul which is why I didn't list him SMH. Keep up. Unlike the Clippers who are going to keep Paul.. Denver WILL NOT keep those two guys. They are already cutting costs and can't afford them, nor were they very happy with Iggy this year.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Get back to me when you want to actually talk basketball because nobody who knows basketball would agree these players have more upside than Griffin. Nuggets are a BIG piece away considering they have no consistent go to player they can depend on which is why they are a perennial first round exit. Clippers have better pieces to make deep playoff runs going forward. I would have LOVED to see how Denver would have done if we swapped coaches and they got the idiot Vinny.

Considering Griffin is already a top 10-15 player you want to be on something that he won't be a top 5 player in a couple years? I'll ban bet you right now on the spot two things.

Put your money where your mouth is. If it doesn't happen, I'm banned... if it does you don't return.

Please stop it. Griffin has 0 chance of being a top 5 player. Depends on the moves made I the offseason. Your a flat out homer you make threads about the clippers non stop. There not a serious threat to the thunder healthy or the spurs. Nuggets fully heathy this year would of beaten then clippers fully healthy. Money where my mouth is? Saying the nuggets have more upside which is true. Saying the clippers Have one player with upside? And his upside isn't top 5 material. He is an incomplete player and won't be near the lebrons Durant's healthy rosť Dwight westy love and even melo and Kobe until they fully decline

KnickaBocka.44
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM

I don't think I agree with all of this lending itself to the Clippers having more upside. The only point that really separates them is the Clipps having max cap space earlier, but I think it could be argued the Nuggets could get a similar caliber player for a package of 3 of their young guys.

The point you make about Blake being the man is true, but the lack of team success doesn't do your argument any favors.

JEDean89
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Iggy and Chandler shouldn't be in a discussion about "upside". 28 years old and both are gone soon. Jordan while very flawed... is still at least worth a mention in terms of upside. Blake Griffin didn't get worse. He had the 12th best PER in the NBA, 1st among PF's. He had a career best year in efficiency, much improved D and put up 21/10/4 PER 36. Reduced minutes, reduced shots and playing with far more depth/talent hurt his raw averages.

BTW not a single one of those guys would be picked over Blake Griffin by any GM in the league. He's EASILY the best player out of all the Nuggets players. Nobody comes close.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/VORPe

Gotta go down to 30th to find the Nuggets first player. Griffin on the other hand is right on the cusp of top 10. Complete joke to suggest ANY nuggets player is better.

dude Wilson Chandler is 26 and Iggy is 29. Nothing like starting off your argument with a blatantly false statement discrediting you.

Kashmir13579
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
wow

JEDean89
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Wilson also hasn't played a real season in 3 years and that year he was traded. We don't know who the real Wilson Chandler is only that he sucked in the playoffs and had some outstanding regular season games.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Chandler fully healthy is very solid. He also is still under contract. Nuggets can afford iggy it's up to them if he is worth it

JEDean89
06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Gk also has a .432 winning percentage in the playoffs as opposed to a .600 winning percentage in the regular season. need i say more about what type of playoff coach this guy is?

Zackthesack
06-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Why do you keep mentioning wilson chandler as almost gone when he is under contract until 2016!?

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Please stop it. Griffin has 0 chance of being a top 5 player. Depends on the moves made I the offseason. Your a flat out homer you make threads about the clippers non stop. There not a serious threat to the thunder healthy or the spurs. Nuggets fully heathy this year would of beaten then clippers fully healthy. Money where my mouth is? Saying the nuggets have more upside which is true. Saying the clippers Have one player with upside? And his upside isn't top 5 material. He is an incomplete player and won't be near the lebrons Durant's healthy rosť Dwight westy love and even melo and Kobe until they fully decline

So we have a bet then? Ban bet for this year.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Why do you keep mentioning wilson chandler as almost gone when he is under contract until 2016!?

Well first off we were talking about the young pieces (the upside) and Chandler is what he is (much like CP3 for us). Although I didn't know he was locked up that long still, thanks for the info.

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
U

How about we just create a thread and if 50 people vote that youre useless and want you to leave then just dont come back here. What do you say?

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
So we have a bet then? Ban bet for this year.

No. Why should I withoutr nothing who is on the roster maybe you are that dumb . I'd be willing to bet the nugges get to a championship b4 the clippers do

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
How about we just create a thread and if 50 people vote that youre useless and want you to leave then just dont come back here. What do you say?

I found a picture of you.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXaY8KoyNjsIIliJJfCMNWFuYiNtYBA 6PQZJxqL-TDm5e1Mc0wNg

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:41 PM
No. Why should I withoutr nothing who is on the roster maybe you are that dumb . I'd be willing to bet the nugges get to a championship b4 the clippers do

Huh? English please. If the Nuggets are better now AND have more upside, you'll easily win the bet.

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 03:44 PM

I found a picture of you.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXaY8KoyNjsIIliJJfCMNWFuYiNtYBA 6PQZJxqL-TDm5e1Mc0wNg

Ha. How was that crying?

Youre just annoying and extremely narrow minded. I was just seeing if u wanted me to make a thread for you.

How many other forums have u been banned from? Ive heard others bring this up before, but have never seen you comment on it.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Huh? English please. If the Nuggets are better now AND have more upside, you'll easily win the bet.

Are you slow? Stupid? Speical? Why would I make a bet when the offseason just started? Who is to say what the final team is going to be? Come back to me when the season is about to start. The nuggets easily have more ipside then your beloved clippers homer

Bruno
06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
You mean the same season or the season after? Mike D'Antoni, Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, George Karl, Avery Johnson.

*reigning coach of the year.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Are you slow? Stupid? Speical? Why would I make a bet when the offseason just started? Who is to say what the final team is going to be? Come back to me when the season is about to start. The nuggets easily have more ipside then your beloved clippers homer

What do you expect to change that drastically? Clippers and Nuggets are pretty much both capped out so not sure why I'M the stupid one here. You're the one failing to be held accountable for the bold words you're using and the trash you're talking. Neither squad is going to look different enough to swing the whole thing. If anything the Clippers will be the ones making the trades, using MLE on guys like Paul Pierce (if bought out) while the Nuggets come back with the same roster. Not to mention Gallo will be out till mid season probably.

Do the Nuggets have more "ipside" than the Knicks?

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Next year's NY Knicks. http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/content/articles/2010/02/17/sports/doc4b7b4c2dc222b0340483131.jpg

ACanadian
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Nuggets
upside
Clippers

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
What do you expect to change that drastically? Clippers and Nuggets are pretty much both capped out so not sure why I'M the stupid one here. You're the one failing to be held accountable for the bold words you're using and the trash you're talking. Neither squad is going to look different enough to swing the whole thing. If anything the Clippers will be the ones making the trades, using MLE on guys like Paul Pierce (if bought out) while the Nuggets come back with the same roster. Not to mention Gallo will be out till mid season probably.

Do the Nuggets have more "ipside" than the Knicks?

Nuggets have more upside the Knicks. Knicks have a better championship chance net year. Yes exactly galo is out for a while. Nuggets still easily have more upside then the clippers. Without Paul te clippers aren't even a playof team probably lol

TheRazorboy
06-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Well, this thread derailed nicely.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Nuggets
Upside
Clippers

Yeah sorry not really paying attention on iPod. But you get the point of what I'm trying to say

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Well, this thread derailed nicely.

Its what clippersfan does best

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM

Cryle up to his usual behavior I see.

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM

Cryle up to his usual behavior I see.

Looks like someone just figured out how to copy and paste a link. Is cryle really the best u can come up with?

Btw, you didnt respond to my other question.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Looks like someone just figured out how to copy and paste a link. Is cryle really the best u can come up with?

Not supposed to be witty or funny, just what I think of when you talk to me. Some butthurt guy who follows me around randomly insulting and coming off like a bitter man who got his woman stolen by me. You gotta let it go man, it's bad for your health.

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure why Denver did this. Their best bet, financially, was to let Karl talk to other teams (the Clippers at least are interested, as are a number of other teams I'm sure), that way they could let him walk without having t pay him. Now Karl will be getting paid twice next season (he will be picked up) while the Nuggets will have to pay out two coaches instead of one.

ACanadian
06-06-2013, 04:29 PM

It's
Clippersfan

D-Leethal
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Clippersfan is annoying as hell but I actually lol'ed at Cryle.

akagiredsuns
06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Why are some here shocked about Karl leaving? It's not a surprise to me. He knows how to win, but be realistic, he only made it out of the first round once in 9 years as Denver coach. He only made it to the Finals once his whole life when he was in Seattle and that's when he had Kemp, Payton, Schrempf, McMillan, Perkins & Hawkins and the Bulls easily crushed them. He went to the Bucks and finished 42-40 once and 41-41 twice in 3 of his 5 seasons. The one good year he did have winning 52 games with a squad of Allen, Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas, & Ervin Johnson, they still fell short in the ECF.

In 25 years of coaching in the NBA (not counting his CBA stints) he's been ousted 14 times in the 1st round. And lost in 6 Conference Finals. And everywhere he went he had good enough teams to get over the hump. People need to stop overrating the guy. At last check, he has 1,131 wins. He's gonna simply be the winningest coach to never win an NBA title. Lenny Wilkens, fear not, Karl is only 200 wins away from catching you. Talk about tough luck.

IndyRealist
06-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Kenneth Faried is PISSED on Twitter. He will be hired by the Clippers.

He's the only pro coach Faried has known. Karl did a lot of stupid things with his big man rotation that cut minutes for Faried and McGee. Assuming the team doesn't self destruct, Faried is an all-star next year.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Barry Tickets guy who is apparently a Clippers die hard fan said he spoke to George Karl today. he said the George Karl love this Clippers roster and would love to coach Chris Paul. This was on Colin Coherd show 5.70 AM.

PhillyFaninLA
06-06-2013, 05:59 PM
TO: Hinkie, GM 76ers
RE: Coaching Search

I know you are looking hard for a coach and we need an established guy. With George Karl's recent departure from the Nuggets, please give him a contract and say see this line with years and money just right what you want and sign here.

tp13baby
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Some people love this coach. I love the guy as a person but get him the **** out of Denver. His love for Miller and Brewer is disgusting letting them do whatever they want. You don't play McGee who probably has the most upside as a big. Plays that awful two guard lineup. Awful rotations, doesn't develop talent. Awful at drawing up late game plays. LAST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, for the last decade we easily should of been better regular season wise and shoulda got outta the playoffs. Oh and one of the worst defensive coaches out there.

Philly, LA, whoever have fun with this coach. As most Nuggets fans are THANK THE LORD!!!!!!! Still faith in Kroenke.

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=kylem4711;26380085]Looks like someone just figured out how to copy and paste a link. Is cryle really the best u can come up with?

Btw, you didnt respond to my other question.[/QUOTE?

Not supposed to be witty or funny, just what I think of when you talk to me. Some butthurt guy who follows me around randomly insulting and coming off like a bitter man who got his woman stolen by me. You gotta let it go man, it's bad for your health.

Ha. I have been here for a while. I am a clipper fan. I look at everything clipper related and a lot of nba related topics. Its pretty hard to miss your posts when you post so much.

I guess we will just continue with what it is. Youre a dummy so I will let you know it. Said it before and ill say it again, be reasonable and I could care less what u say. Doubt thatll ever happen though.

kylem4711
06-06-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-coaches-20130606,0,5414335.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285

Karl is welcome in my book. Really not looking forward to getting shaw.

Zackthesack
06-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Barry Tickets guy who is apparently a Clippers die hard fan said he spoke to George Karl today. he said the George Karl love this Clippers roster and would love to coach Chris Paul. This was on Colin Coherd show 5.70 AM.

Lol, die hard clipper fans can just call Karl up and speak to him? Yall already got it like that, get outta here with these ******** *** rumors homer.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Wrong thread.

ACanadian
06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Lol, die hard clipper fans can just call Karl up and speak to him? Yall already got it like that, get outta here with these ******** *** rumors homer.

*Clippers

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM

Ramona Shelburne who's about as good as Woj with LA sports news... said that she was told Karl is VERY intrigued by the idea of coaching the Clippers. So not sure what the doubt is. Don't be mad because every single available coach has praised the Clippers job as being the best. Hell Brian Shaw told people he was not getting involved with other teams until he talks to the Clippers and what do you know? We have him scheduled for next Monday interview now. Then the minute Hollins was fired.. his people called the Clippers about the job. Jeff Van Gundy called the Clippers job the best and a fantastic job opportunity.

Sad to see so many salty people lately. When we sign a great coach, re-sign CP3, trade Bledsoe for some nice wing player, DJ comes back improved from Team USA camp and we use MLE to sign Paul Pierce..... people are going to be enraged around here.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 07:58 PM
"Clippers have yet to speak to George Karl directly but have spoken with his agent"

Ramona Shelburne

AsfanSince99
06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I don't see why this is a big surprise?

Dude is a good regular season coach but he routinely gets out coached in the playoffs, most recently by Mark Jackson, who isn't exactly known as an X's and O's coach. He had one of the most talented and deepest teams in the playoffs and got owned by the dubs.

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
nice start to the offseason for denver lol.

BirdIsTheWord
06-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I hated Karl but was prepared to give him his final year. I was hoping they'd tell him he'd have next season to prove why he should get the extension and some fire would come back to Karl's coaching. Looks like he didn't get his extension and sulked his way out.

setman2000
06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Ramona Shelburne who's about as good as Woj with LA sports news... said that she was told Karl is VERY intrigued by the idea of coaching the Clippers. So not sure what the doubt is. Don't be mad because every single available coach has praised the Clippers job as being the best. Hell Brian Shaw told people he was not getting involved with other teams until he talks to the Clippers and what do you know? We have him scheduled for next Monday interview now. Then the minute Hollins was fired.. his people called the Clippers about the job. Jeff Van Gundy called the Clippers job the best and a fantastic job opportunity.

This is part of the reason Karl is gone. When you're paying a guy $5 million a year you rightfully expect loyalty. He also forced his way out by arguing for an extension that he didn't want to earn by proving himself next year. Karls a d-bag and glad him and his ego are gone. Here's a good article on why:

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_23404305/kiszla-george-karl-overplayed-josh-kroenke-nuggets

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
This is part of the reason Karl is gone. When you're paying a guy $5 million a year you rightfully expect loyalty. He also forced his way out by arguing for an extension that he didn't want to earn by proving himself next year. Karls a d-bag and glad him and his ego are gone. Here's a good article on why:

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_23404305/kiszla-george-karl-overplayed-josh-kroenke-nuggets

I've read more neutral breakdowns today from great places like Grantland and they are nowhere near as harsh. Sure Karl has glaring flaws like all coaches not named Pop right now... but he's still a very good coach as a whole.

setman2000
06-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I've read more neutral breakdowns today from great places like Grantland and they are nowhere near as harsh. Sure Karl has glaring flaws like all coaches not named Pop right now... but he's still a very good coach as a whole.

Karl loves to place blame and make excuses, Nuggets fans have been watching this for years.

Wilson
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't get this hate for George Karl. Yeah, he's not gotten the Nuggets out of the first round but it's not like they've been the favourites. They've gone up against the Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant led Lakers, as well as Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan Spurs. You're saying Karl sucks because he can't get past those teams, the ones that are were in the finals almost every year?

As for this year, I can see that being more of a problem. But let's not forget that the Warriors crowd knocked Dallas on their *** too, before they eventually went to the finals.

I've read this stuff about Denver's owners getting pissed off because they traded for, and gave a big extension to JaVale McGee and Karl didn't like him (did they consult their coach before all of this?). I think you have a problem if you would rather pay JaVale McGee $10 million per year and let George Karl walk away...

Cracka2HI!
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Ha. How was that crying?

Youre just annoying and extremely narrow minded. I was just seeing if u wanted me to make a thread for you.

How many other forums have u been banned from? Ive heard others bring this up before, but have never seen you comment on it.

:laugh2: Served!!

Clippersfan86
06-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't get this hate for George Karl. Yeah, he's not gotten the Nuggets out of the first round but it's not like they've been the favourites. They've gone up against the Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant led Lakers, as well as Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan Spurs. You're saying Karl sucks because he can't get past those teams, the ones that are were in the finals almost every year?

As for this year, I can see that being more of a problem. But let's not forget that the Warriors crowd knocked Dallas on their *** too, before they eventually went to the finals.

I've read this stuff about Denver's owners getting pissed off because they traded for, and gave a big extension to JaVale McGee and Karl didn't like him (did they consult their coach before all of this?). I think you have a problem if you would rather pay JaVale McGee $10 million per year and let George Karl walk away...

Well beyond that the Nuggets got hit hard with injuries late season and were shorthanded. GS was shorthanded themselves so no excuse but believe it or not I think GS is actually more talented than Denver from top to bottom.. so it wasn't a series Denver should have been heavily favored on anyways.

Cracka2HI!
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I would really like Karl as the Clippers coach. I probably don't know much about him if there are all these bad things about him. That said as a Clippers fan VDN may be the best coach we've ever had. Certainly the most successful. With our roster...CP3 staying God willing, he could do great things IMO.

Chitownhero1992
06-07-2013, 12:22 AM
How the hell do you let Karl, a legend and a COY winner leave??? He is a great Coach and should have a a life contract with the Nuggets by now!

I hope he just retires rather than goes to the Clippers, I want them to keep having terrible coaches like Vinny. And hopefully the Nets, 76ers don't pursue him. He needs a Vet team that he can ride the long term with and get them through the playoffs (ex: Lakers, SPurs, Celtics) though I don't want him with any of those 3 at the moment.

Clippersfan86
06-07-2013, 12:23 AM
How the hell do you let Karl, a legend and a COY winner leave??? He is a great Coach and should have a a life contract with the Nuggets by now!

I hope he just retires rather than goes to the Clippers, I want them to keep having terrible coaches like Vinny. And hopefully the Nets, 76ers don't pursue him. He needs a Vet team that he can ride the long term with and get them through the playoffs (ex: Lakers, SPurs, Celtics) though I don't want him with any of those 3 at the moment.

You're a Bulls fan. What's your gripe with the Clippers?

Chitownhero1992
06-07-2013, 12:26 AM
You're a Bulls fan. What's your gripe with the Clippers?

BG! Overrated...everyone else on the Clippers I like! In fact if they got rid of Griffin I may even root for them. Also their owner isn't great as he keeps doing some stupid moves over the years.

Clippersfan86
06-07-2013, 12:35 AM
BG! Overrated...everyone else on the Clippers I like! In fact if they got rid of Griffin I may even root for them. Also their owner isn't great as he keeps doing some stupid moves over the years.

Oh okay. Doesn't sound personal then. Maybe Griffin growing up and developing over the years will make you stop disliking the team.

kylem4711
06-07-2013, 03:12 AM

Oh okay. Doesn't sound personal then. Maybe Griffin growing up and developing over the years will make you stop disliking the team.

Good job man. You werent a complete clippers homer here.

TheNumber37
06-07-2013, 07:55 AM
I could see Hollins replace him.

A quiet city to wreak havoc mentally on his players.

Chitownhero1992
06-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Definitly agree, I just don't like the hype around a guy that only dunks and rebounds...lol He is good but not what some people make him out to be. I like the clippers team though and they good this year hope they keep Paul. And like you said if the hype dies down a little and BG matures then yea i'd root for the Clippers. Just an FYI I do like them more than the Lakers and Heat so don't worry lol