PDA

View Full Version : David West.....

Ty Fast
06-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Where do you think he will be playing next year? He is a free agent and could command a big pay day. Only one team will get Dwight Howard and West might be a nice consolation prize. He would also be a lot cheaper than Howard. What do you think?

beasted86
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
He will be 33 years old when the season starts. Any team looking to give him a "big pay day" and outbid the Pacers deserves to lose because they have an idiot GM working for their team.

He will probably stay with the Pacers on another 2 year deal, unless the aforementioned idiot GM decides to overpay.

Ty Fast
06-05-2013, 08:24 PM
He will be 33 years old when the season starts. Any team looking to give him a "big pay day" and outbid the Pacers deserves to lose because they have an idiot GM working for their team.

He will probably stay with the Pacers on another 2 year deal, unless the aforementioned idiot GM decides to overpay.

oh wow. I didn't realize he was that old. I could still see Detroit or philly over paying for him.

lvlheaded
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
No cap to do it, but the Nets could use him next to Lopez. He would be good for them, depending on the system.

I think he stays in Indy. And Josh Smith is gonna be some ones consolation prize to Howard

Ty Fast
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
No cap to do it, but the Nets could use him next to Lopez. He would be good for them, depending on the system.

I think he stays in Indy. And Josh Smith is gonna be some ones consolation prize to Howard

I would rather have west than smith even with the age difference. I like smith but he's a chucker.

Dade County
06-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Amnesty Perkins... OKC gets him cheaper then most, they need someone like him for the low.

OKC go get Howard!!!! lol

Method28
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
West is so overrated its unbelievable

FreakaNashur
06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
i seriously hope teams don't overpay for this man..he's just another carlos boozer in my book.

Pacerlive
06-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I would take him over Bosh all day and twice on sundays. Mike Wells the beat writer for the Pacers asked him were he would play next season and he said mother ********* I am not stupid. We are the 4th or 5th best team in the league.

sep11ie
06-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I think he stays in Indy.

beasted86
06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I would take him over Bosh all day and twice on sundays. Mike Wells the beat writer for the Pacers asked him were he would play next season and he said mother ********* I am not stupid. We are the 4th or 5th best team in the league.

Totally random..... :confused:

Pacerlive
06-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Not random at all when you consider who is overpaid as a pf. Boozer is much more overpaid than Dwest and Bosh is more and more looking like Jermaine Oneal on the final year of his big contract. Boozer is just a pnp guy and West is more than that and is cheaper.

NBA_Starter
06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
He should go chase a ring with the Clippers

ambisme56
06-05-2013, 10:24 PM

He would be a perfect fit with the Nets. Brooklyn would have to get rid of Humphries to be able to sign West, which I think could happen.

Legitimate
06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Would totally love this dude the raps. I would give up ross bargnani and maybe a expiring for a sign and trade?

or we could just amnesty all the players we don't need and sign him to a good contract. wishful thinkin', lol.

Kashmir13579
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM

he's underrated

HouRealCoach
06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
oh wow. I didn't realize he was that old. I could still see Detroit or philly over paying for him.

Why would Detroit overpay for him? To take minutes from Drummond & Monroe and slow down their progression?

Kashmir13579
06-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Why would Detroit overpay for him? To take minutes from Drummond & Monroe and slow down their progression?

He would be perfect for the Knicks if they were in any position to offer a lucrative 2 year contract with a player option.

2-ONE-5
06-05-2013, 10:40 PM
there is no shot in hell the Sixers have any interest in West I can assure u that

beasted86
06-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Not random at all when you consider who is overpaid as a pf. Boozer is much more overpaid than Dwest and Bosh is more and more looking like Jermaine Oneal on the final year of his big contract. Boozer is just a pnp guy and West is more than that and is cheaper.

Yes, guy. It's totally random.

Go look at the chronology of this post and ask yourself where Bosh fits into that discussion. A topic starts about David West, someone mentions Smith as also a free agent as a consolation prize. Another guy says West is equal to Boozer. You randomly state you prefer him way more than Bosh.

I really have no clue where you were going with that one. Maybe because there have been a few HEAT fans to reply to this post you just chose to try and bait, or whatever.... regardless, yes, your post was totally random.

Kashmir13579
06-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Yes, guy. It's totally random.

Go look at the chronology of this post and ask yourself where Bosh fits into that discussion. A topic starts about David West, someone mentions Smith as also a free agent as a consolation prize. Another guy says West is equal to Boozer. You randomly state you prefer him way more than Bosh.

I really have no clue where you were going with that one. Maybe because there have been a few HEAT fans to reply to this post you just chose to try and bait, or whatever.... regardless, yes, your post was totally random. He's saying West is better than Bosh, and will come cheaper.

naps
06-05-2013, 11:28 PM
He should stay in Indy. He fits in perfectly there. And people who are saying he's overrated are clueless. He's always been underrated. Dude is a beast, specially on the offensive end.

Ty Fast
06-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Would totally love this dude the raps. I would give up ross bargnani and maybe a expiring for a sign and trade?

or we could just amnesty all the players we don't need and sign him to a good contract. wishful thinkin', lol.

I think they have cap space too

Ty Fast
06-05-2013, 11:30 PM
He would be perfect for the Knicks if they were in any position to offer a lucrative 2 year contract with a player option.

there is no shot in hell the Sixers have any interest in West I can assure u that

they both over pay for guys

Method28
06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
He should stay in Indy. He fits in perfectly there. And people who are saying he's overrated are clueless. He's always been underrated. Dude is a beast, specially on the offensive end.

Really? On what grounds? What does he have other than aggression, a baby jumper and decent range. Ive watched him his entire career. He's barely starting to even try on defense. He cant rebound. He's undersized...oh and he's also a huge cry baby. He's a great role player dont get me wrong but these statements of West>Bosh are hilarious.

Master Mind
06-06-2013, 12:12 AM
CP3 wants him, at and this rate the Clippers are ready to add a cherry on top.

beasted86
06-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Really? On what grounds? What does he have other than aggression, a baby jumper and decent range. Ive watched him his entire career. He's barely starting to even try on defense. He cant rebound. He's undersized...oh and he's also a huge cry baby. He's a great role player dont get me wrong but these statements of West>Bosh are hilarious.

I think you are pretty much spot on. The only great thing about West his entire career is that he has never been overpaid. When he was in New Orleans and now that he is with the Pacers, he is priced where he should be or slightly less.

But aside from that, you aren't winning anything with him as your 2nd option. He can't create enough on offense, can't draw enough fouls, doesn't demand a double team.

c.c.
06-06-2013, 12:24 AM
He reminds me of Glen Davis

Cracka2HI!
06-06-2013, 12:56 AM
West is so overrated its unbelievableGotta disagree with you on that bro. I think he helps our Clipps more than any player can pick up. Unless we can magically get Howard, who I hate. We got nothing from our bigs in the playoffs. At least West would make Z-Bo or Gasol work on the defensive end. He's no worse on the boards than any of our bigs were in the playoffs IMO.

He should go chase a ring with the ClippersI love this rumor for my Clipps especially since we can only offer the MLE...however don't you think he has a better chance at a ring in Indy? They have given Miami a run the past 2 seasons and they can probably pay him double what the Clippers can. I just can't see him leaving Indy.

gbrl
06-06-2013, 04:34 AM

he said he prefers him to bosh and his comment was made after yours aside from that dont see how listing his faults makes him overrated since hes hardly talked about and is never really mentioned as a premier forward

also hes no bigger a crybaby than paul or griffin

Method28
06-06-2013, 04:53 AM

he said he prefers him to bosh and his comment was made after yours aside from that dont see how listing his faults makes him overrated since hes hardly talked about and is never really mentioned as a premier forward

also hes no bigger a crybaby than paul or griffin

To each his own i suppose. Like i said, im not saying he's a bad player. He's a good backup scoring big. Carl Landry is just as good and rebounds better however. So that's my take. I would want the Clips to target a defensive presence with their MLE. West would simply get backed down by zbo and cry foul like he always has. Which is what we already have, so I'd pass. Unless that's all we could get then why not i suppose.

Chrisclover
06-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Indy has a bright future

I think he stays in Indy.

yankeeswin27
06-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Id love to see him with the Knicks. We need his toughness

ManningToTyree
06-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I think he stays in Indy. He fits perfect next to Hibbert

For those saying he isn't that good, remeber he is the 4th option at best when granger is healthy. If West was on a crap team as the first or second option (like in New Orleans with Paul) the guy would put up borderline all-star numbers. He has accepted his role as the tough glue guy in Indy.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM

:facepalm:

Pacerlive
06-06-2013, 11:02 AM
To each his own i suppose. Like i said, im not saying he's a bad player. He's a good backup scoring big. Carl Landry is just as good and rebounds better however. So that's my take. I would want the Clips to target a defensive presence with their MLE. West would simply get backed down by zbo and cry foul like he always has. Which is what we already have, so I'd pass. Unless that's all we could get then why not i suppose.

Huh?

So I get most people don't watch Pacer games and I won't fault anyone for not paying money for NBA TV but you are completely wrong here. David West held Zach Randolph to below 40% fg% in each of the games they played against each other. The Pacers won both btw. David West doesn't get backdown by too many pf's in the leauge but he is somewhat slow and at times he doesn't close out on the pnp plays.

I think for the money Carl Landry is a great backup pf and the Pacers were looking at him when they signed West 2 years ago but they really don't compare at all imo. Keep Lee and Landry and see how far that gets you. I like the GSW and wish them a lot of success but that front court is not very stable IMO and I certainly wouldn't go into the LT for it.

colinskik
06-06-2013, 11:25 AM

For those saying he isn't that good, remeber he is the 4th option at best when granger is healthy. If West was on a crap team as the first or second option (like in New Orleans with Paul) the guy would put up borderline all-star numbers. He has accepted his role as the tough glue guy in Indy.

This is my thinking exactly. If you’re relying on him heavily to put up points, then you’re in trouble. There were at least two games in that MIA series where he didn’t score until late in the fourth quarter, and the Pacers were right in those games. But imagine if he played like that as the second option … your team is screwed.

The only thing I don’t agree with is him being Indy’s 4th option. I’d say him and G. Hill are the 3rd options, with P. George being #1, and Roy being #2. Do we really think Granger is going to be a part of this Indy team going forward? They’ve played great without him and could easily move him to get better pieces for their team. He’s still worth a lot to some teams out there (that is if his injuries aren’t serious/lingering), but I don’t think he’s a fit on this Indy squad anymore.

I’d like to know what Indy fans think about the situation.

Jarvo
06-06-2013, 11:25 AM

This. He stays in Indy & Go Steelers!!!! :cheer:

jacquewho?
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
He's staying in Indy.

ManRam
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM

what does this mean? how do you think people rate him that makes him overrated? i think most fairly assess his abilities. he's a very valuable piece.

ManRam
06-06-2013, 11:57 AM

what the...?????

ManningToTyree
06-06-2013, 11:59 AM

This is my thinking exactly. If you’re relying on him heavily to put up points, then you’re in trouble. There were at least two games in that MIA series where he didn’t score until late in the fourth quarter, and the Pacers were right in those games. But imagine if he played like that as the second option … your team is screwed.

The only thing I don’t agree with is him being Indy’s 4th option. I’d say him and G. Hill are the 3rd options, with P. George being #1, and Roy being #2. Do we really think Granger is going to be a part of this Indy team going forward? They’ve played great without him and could easily move him to get better pieces for their team. He’s still worth a lot to some teams out there (that is if his injuries aren’t serious/lingering), but I don’t think he’s a fit on this Indy squad anymore.

I’d like to know what Indy fans think about the situation.

I just meant if Granger is on the team. I would move him for a legit point guard and make hill the sixth man if I was them.

Blink
06-06-2013, 12:08 PM

You must not realize we have Monroe & Drummond

VCaintdead17
06-06-2013, 12:16 PM
He should go chase a ring with the Clippers

He should chase a ring with the pacers

PacersForLife
06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
He'll stay with the Pacers. Also, I don't see how he is overrated. He hardly ever gets talked about and he battled Paul George all year in leading the team in scoring.

It's also rumored that David West doesn't really like CP3 so I don't think the Clippers thing makes sense especially because they already have Blake Griffin.

Pacerlive
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
This is my thinking exactly. If youíre relying on him heavily to put up points, then youíre in trouble. There were at least two games in that MIA series where he didnít score until late in the fourth quarter, and the Pacers were right in those games. But imagine if he played like that as the second option Ö your team is screwed.

The only thing I donít agree with is him being Indyís 4th option. Iíd say him and G. Hill are the 3rd options, with P. George being #1, and Roy being #2. Do we really think Granger is going to be a part of this Indy team going forward? Theyíve played great without him and could easily move him to get better pieces for their team. Heís still worth a lot to some teams out there (that is if his injuries arenít serious/lingering), but I donít think heís a fit on this Indy squad anymore.

Iíd like to know what Indy fans think about the situation.

Indy really doesn't rank its options past PG. IT really boils down to who has the hot hand and the favorable match up. Really PG is the number one and then there is the number 2 down low which can be either West or Hibbert. I will say this when the Pacers needed a point late they leaned on West quite a bit in the low post. On the perimeter it was PG and HIll.

As far as Granger not fitting I wouldn't look to what Pacer fans think. The coach has already said that if Granger is 100% then he will start which would slide PG to the sg spot and Lance to the 6th man role. Time will tell if Granger is in the long term plans but most people doubt it but there is the possiblity that Granger is not traded during the trade deadline to make one last run at the Finals. I think we would all like to see that but I cringe on not getting draft picks for Granger if he is healthy.

LeperMessiah
06-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Consistently hitting a TS% around .540 must make him overrated.

colinskik
06-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Indy really doesn't rank its options past PG. IT really boils down to who has the hot hand and the favorable match up. Really PG is the number one and then there is the number 2 down low which can be either West or Hibbert. I will say this when the Pacers needed a point late they leaned on West quite a bit in the low post. On the perimeter it was PG and HIll.

As far as Granger not fitting I wouldn't look to what Pacer fans think. The coach has already said that if Granger is 100% then he will start which would slide PG to the sg spot and Lance to the 6th man role. Time will tell if Granger is in the long term plans but most people doubt it but there is the possiblity that Granger is not traded during the trade deadline to make one last run at the Finals. I think we would all like to see that but I cringe on not getting draft picks for Granger if he is healthy.

My only worry with that situation is that it'll limit PG. He really can ball and should be given even more responsibility.

Pacerlive
06-06-2013, 02:27 PM
My only worry with that situation is that it'll limit PG. He really can ball and should be given even more responsibility.

You have some fans that factor in the salary cap and some that don't. The point is that PG will be getting the max or close to it so if he doesn't make a all NBA team then he won't qualify for the 30% raises which will be a good thing from a Pacer fan stand point.

More importantly is the story with Lance. He will also be due for a payday and if he starts at sg then I would figure he would get 5 or more million per year. Personally I would rather have that number as low as possible since he was a knuckle head in the past and there is some inherit risk there on the team that everyone knows but we just don't talk about it.

The owner will not want to go into the LT so if Danny starts then Lance's value will remain lower than what it would be if he didn't.

Either way I think the progression of PG is past Danny's negative influence of starting. For one Danny can play the 4 for short minutes and two Danny has already passed the torch to PG and everyone in the organization knows that he is the future.

ITs great to talk about but Danny would not hurt PG progression and if anything it would help to have some of the wings score besides him.

OceanSpray
06-06-2013, 02:32 PM
He's going to stay a Pacers.

colinskik
06-06-2013, 03:15 PM
You have some fans that factor in the salary cap and some that don't. The point is that PG will be getting the max or close to it so if he doesn't make a all NBA team then he won't qualify for the 30% raises which will be a good thing from a Pacer fan stand point.

More importantly is the story with Lance. He will also be due for a payday and if he starts at sg then I would figure he would get 5 or more million per year. Personally I would rather have that number as low as possible since he was a knuckle head in the past and there is some inherit risk there on the team that everyone knows but we just don't talk about it.

The owner will not want to go into the LT so if Danny starts then Lance's value will remain lower than what it would be if he didn't.

Either way I think the progression of PG is past Danny's negative influence of starting. For one Danny can play the 4 for short minutes and two Danny has already passed the torch to PG and everyone in the organization knows that he is the future.

ITs great to talk about but Danny would not hurt PG progression and if anything it would help to have some of the wings score besides him.

Nice analysis. Thanks for that. I'm usually in the pool of people who think about pure team chemistry before thinking about the effects of salary cap, etc...

Great points here.

chitownredbulls
06-06-2013, 04:39 PM
They should trade granger...they'll get some pretty good pieces in return...the game 7 against Miami really showed how they need help scoring...

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
I think staying in Indy for the MLE is his best bet. He'll get the minutes he wants, and the team needs him. Most teams won't offer him much more because the teams with cap space would rather spend it on younger guys, and frankly, Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap should be more appealing to teams in need of a post scorer than West as they are younger and/or better rebounders. Not to mention that Utah would likely be happy to take back a contract in a sign and trade if they have a player they like and the other team is looking to get rid of.

At 33 years old, I just can't see many teams offering West more than the MLE for three years...

Plus Josh Smith is on the market...

Method28
06-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Consistently hitting a TS% around .540 must make him overrated.

Oh I didn't know TS was the only way to value a player :rolleyes:

ManRam
06-06-2013, 04:51 PM

i'd love to hear you elaborate about how he's overrated

c.c.
06-06-2013, 04:52 PM
what the...?????

So you mean to tell me that their game is no similar

Method28
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM

Huh?

So I get most people don't watch Pacer games and I won't fault anyone for not paying money for NBA TV but you are completely wrong here. David West held Zach Randolph to below 40% fg% in each of the games they played against each other. The Pacers won both btw. David West doesn't get backdown by too many pf's in the leauge but he is somewhat slow and at times he doesn't close out on the pnp plays.

I think for the money Carl Landry is a great backup pf and the Pacers were looking at him when they signed West 2 years ago but they really don't compare at all imo. Keep Lee and Landry and see how far that gets you. I like the GSW and wish them a lot of success but that front court is not very stable IMO and I certainly wouldn't go into the LT for it.

I mentioned earlier in here that this year he seems to be giving effort on defense finally. In NO however I remember him constantly getting abused on the defensive end. How Many games did the grizz play the pacers this year?

Method28
06-06-2013, 04:58 PM

i'd love to hear you elaborate about how he's overrated

As I said earlier, what value does he have other than aggression, a good range and a baby jumper/hook? He's undersized, can't rebound and for the vast majority of his career he was a bad defender. This year was easily the furthest he has been and that was as a bench player. He is not the player ESPN claims he is IMO

IndyRealist
06-06-2013, 05:41 PM
This is my thinking exactly. If youíre relying on him heavily to put up points, then youíre in trouble. There were at least two games in that MIA series where he didnít score until late in the fourth quarter, and the Pacers were right in those games. But imagine if he played like that as the second option Ö your team is screwed.

The only thing I donít agree with is him being Indyís 4th option. Iíd say him and G. Hill are the 3rd options, with P. George being #1, and Roy being #2. Do we really think Granger is going to be a part of this Indy team going forward? Theyíve played great without him and could easily move him to get better pieces for their team. Heís still worth a lot to some teams out there (that is if his injuries arenít serious/lingering), but I donít think heís a fit on this Indy squad anymore.

Iíd like to know what Indy fans think about the situation.

They've already worked out the rotation between themselves. Paul George moves to shooting guard (which he played for 2 years) and Lance Stephenson backup up both guard spots. George slides to SF whenever Granger is out. Per this article, http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/granger-looks-forward-return

IndyRealist
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
As I said earlier, what value does he have other than aggression, a good range and a baby jumper/hook? He's undersized, can't rebound and for the vast majority of his career he was a bad defender. This year was easily the furthest he has been and that was as a bench player. He is not the player ESPN claims he is IMO

He's actually a decent post defender, he's just not very mobile. He gets killed on pick n' pop and sags off of 3pt shooters, but no one backs David West down.

As far as your analysis of his offensive game, it's completely wrong. He has a variety of post moves with either hand, can face up and drive, take step back jumpers, and has range out to 20ft. He can back down the majority of PF's until they're under the basket. MOST TEAMS DOUBLED HIM all season, until Hibbert got his offense going. And yes, his TS% is very good.

Oh and he's a decent rebounder as well, so you're also wrong there. He averages 11 rebounds per 48 minutes. The average for a PF is 11 per 48.

IndyRealist
06-06-2013, 05:53 PM
I mentioned earlier in here that this year he seems to be giving effort on defense finally. In NO however I remember him constantly getting abused on the defensive end. How Many games did the grizz play the pacers this year?

He hasn't been healthy in New Orleans in 3 years.

Pacerlive
06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
You pay the player for what he has shown you and West has shown the Pacers that he is worth keeping for about 12 mill per year. He is defaintly a relaible player and a big opposing body to score down low. I would take him over Bosh and Booser and David Lee for the cost.

ManRam
06-06-2013, 06:34 PM
So you mean to tell me that their game is no similar

no, not really. maybe in some regards. baby loves shooting jumpers, west actually makes jumpers.

there's not one thing baby is better than west at. not a single thing

ManRam
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM

what PF in the league is he "undersized" against? he might be "only" 6-9, but that hardly matters these days in the era of smaller lineups and stretch 4s. plus, his strength greatly makes up for that.

he's not the world's greatest rebounder, but he's good-enough. you're undervaluing his offensive game big time. he was their best offensive player all season.

LeperMessiah
06-06-2013, 08:52 PM

It's a starting point, doe.

c.c.
06-07-2013, 08:07 AM
no, not really. maybe in some regards. baby loves shooting jumpers, west actually makes jumpers.

there's not one thing baby is better than west at. not a single thing

If Glen Davis was put into their lineup, he would put up the same numbers and bring the same toughness. But I do agree that West is sightly better than him on the defensive end due to his height advantage.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Indy would be dumb to not resign him. They are at about $49 mil for next season. They can afford to bring West back especially if they trade Granger. Id bring West back and trade Granger for a PG that can replace Augustin and another defensive wing (LeBron matchup)

Pacerlive
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
If Glen Davis was put into their lineup, he would put up the same numbers and bring the same toughness. But I do agree that West is sightly better than him on the defensive end due to his height advantage.

Glen Davis is not even on the same planet as David West. For one he can't stay healthy and for two he is just another energy guy who can't maintain that energy and be effective.

The biggest reason David West is better is that his low post moves are more refined and more effective than Davis's. He can go over either shoulder with that ugly hook shot and he make room by lowering his shoulder and hitting a fade away. Either way let me know when big Baby can play as a starter and handle starter minutes and put up David like numbers on a good team.

Pacerlive
06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
He's saying West is better than Bosh, and will come cheaper.

Exactly! If we are going to compare cost vs reward for a player then I gladly take David West over Boozer and Bosh.

If Bosh had shown that he still could play at a pre Miami Heat level then I would take him but it seems like he has lost a lot of his game that made him great in Toronto.

c.c.
06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Pacerlive;26388880]Glen Davis is not even on the same planet as David West. For one he can't stay healthy and for two he is just another energy guy who can't maintain that energy and be effective.

The biggest reason David West is better is that his low post moves are more refined and more effective than Davis's. He can go over either shoulder with that ugly hook shot and he make room by lowering his shoulder and hitting a fade away. Either way let me know when big Baby can play as a starter and handle starter minutes and put up David like numbers on a good team./QUOTE]

He's only 27, you probably will be seeing that soon

IndyRealist
06-07-2013, 05:13 PM
He's only 27, you probably will be seeing that soon
David West is better at everything except rebounding and turnovers, where they are even. Per minute, David West scores more, gets more assists, more blocks, more steals, less turnovers, shoots a higher percentage on FGs and on FTs. He's also a veteran presence and locker room leader. How is this even a comparison?