PDA

View Full Version : Is Stephen Jackson going to sabatage the series?

JordansBulls
06-05-2013, 02:55 PM
The Spurs kicked him off there roster right before the playoffs and thus they signed Tmac. Now Stephen Jackson is in Miami. He says he doesn't plan on watching the series, but we know this guy is crazy, they better make sure he doesn't get into the stadium at all, no telling what would happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9345575/2013-nba-finals-stephen-jackson-formerly-san-antonio-spurs-miami-no-regrets

Stephen Jackson is in Miami, but not to watch his former San Antonio Spurs teammates play the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.

The veteran forward, who was abruptly waived by the Spurs in April, told The San Antonio Express-News on Tuesday that he hasn't watched any of his former team's playoff games and doesn't plan to watch them in the Finals, either.

On Tuesday, Jackson, who flew to Miami to have fun, replied, "nope," when asked by the newspaper if he had any regrets.

"Made my money," he told the newspaper.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said it was "best for our group" when the team announced Jackson's release in April.

He told the newspaper that he was released by the Spurs because he wouldn't play Popovich's "mind games."

After his release, he told Sister 2 Sister magazine that Popovich "wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn't agree."

Jackson told the Express-News that the players in question were Danny Green and Manu Ginobili.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein in April that the Spurs came to the conclusion that it was best to release Jackson to try to "move forward" with the players who will be in Popovich's playoff rotation.

Jackson was a member of San Antonio's title team in 2003 and was reacquired in March 2012 in a deadline-day trade with Milwaukee. He averaged 6.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 19.5 minutes in 55 games this season.

He told the Express-News on Tuesday that in the end, the release "was best for me so I wouldn't go crazy" and admitted, "I wouldn't want me on the team, either."

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 03:07 PM
No... Really don't think he's not like that. I put this in this thread already http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?813985-Spurs-waives-Stephen-Jackson/page7

But basically he had this on his instagram "Still reppin for my bros #KL #GN #DB #TD #TS #CJ #ND GOSPURSGO never been a hater. Life is good no need to hate." [Leonard, Neal, Blair, Duncan, Splitter, Joseph, Nando DeColo]

He said that while wearing a Spurs hat. He left out Parker, Manu, & Green of course, but regardless I don't think this is even anything to consider at this point.

Also said:

http://i.imgur.com/4rYVTWn.png

colinskik
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
So what's his beef with Parker, Manu, and Green? I'm guessing with Manu and Green it stems from Pop saying they are better players than he (they are btw). But what about TP?

AlexTmz2
06-05-2013, 03:19 PM
This shouldn't be a real issue. The Spurs f/o did what they had to do, it is what it is. Both sides are moving forward.

No hard feelings from my part. still a huge fan of the captain.

go spurs go!

ThunderousDemon
06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
misleading sensationalist title

JoeBlessU
06-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I hate Steven Jackson; his mouth was always bigger than his contributions to a team. He will be best remembered for socking random fans in the face at the palace. I thought it was pretty funny when he made a comment about Ricky Rubio this season and how he wasn’t impressed at all because quote “hes into winning championships, not puttin up stats”… He got cut a few days later lol.. Karma is a B*** SJ..

sixers247
06-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Your threads are getting worse and worse.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 03:35 PM
So what's his beef with Parker, Manu, and Green? I'm guessing with Manu and Green it stems from Pop saying they are better players than he (they are btw). But what about TP?

I wish I knew to be honest. Green & Manu make sense in the regard you mentioned though he's always seemed pretty close to Manu, so even that is shocking. But no clue what his beef is with TP.

gotoHcarolina52
06-05-2013, 03:39 PM
From a Heat press release earlier today:

"The Miami HEAT have hired Ain't Bout Dis Life, Inc., a hospitality company based in Port Arthur, Texas, to provide catering services to the visiting team for the first two games of the NBA Finals, which begin Thursday night in Miami. The company will also be charged with supplying Gatorade and other performance products to the reigning Western Conference Champions."

I'm not saying it's sabotage . . . but it's sabotage.

Jetsguy
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
lol how is he going to sabatage the series? worst title ever

tredigs
06-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Fox News eat your heart out. JB's in town.

Riodagoat
06-05-2013, 04:04 PM
This "sabatage" isn't going to be any worse than when the Celtics signed Carlos Arroyo.

naps
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM
How the hell is he gonna sabotage? JB is at his finest!

rocket
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah he's going to snipe Manu, Parker, and Green.

RB#20
06-05-2013, 07:18 PM
This "sabatage" isn't going to be any worse than when the Celtics signed Carlos Arroyo.

Holy **** I forgot about that. I was going to reply to you and say Sasha Pavlocic was a bigger sabotage for the Celtics but the dude was our best Center off the bench at the time.

c.c.
06-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't blame him for not saying those players are better than him (even though I think they are). But they still average players, I can see if Pop was telling him to say LeBron or Durant. That would be another story

koreancabbage
06-05-2013, 10:04 PM
well if he sabatoges the Spurs in any way possible, people will say Lebron got the most help in Finals history with a "stacked" team as well as last minute signing of Stephen Jackson as well as Wade, Bosh, and future HOF Ray Allen.

ThaDubs
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
This shouldn't be a real issue. The Spurs f/o did what they had to do, it is what it is. Both sides are moving forward.

No hard feelings from my part. still a huge fan of the captain.

go spurs go!

If what your sig says about Kawhi is true, that's sick as hell. About him bringing lamps into the gym.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Learn how to spell.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 11:28 PM
If what your sig says about Kawhi is true, that's sick as hell. About him bringing lamps into the gym.

Yea, it is true. They say he's a real gym rat.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/09/22/kawhi-leonard-shoots-with-the-lights-out/

RLundi
06-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Sabotage*

DerekRE_3
06-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Of course he is. Now if T-Mac had home court advantage it would be a different story...but he doesn't, so Captain Jack is going to outflank the **** out of this series.

dodie53
06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
the heat will sign him in the off season, hehe