PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't any talk about the Pacers disrespecting their opponents?

beasted86
06-04-2013, 12:28 AM
It all started 3 years ago when Vogul took over as head coach. From since then, the team has taken on the identity of their coach. A young, cocky, arrogant group who thinks they are better than they really are and think they know what it takes to win even though they've done none of it.

That first year they barely even scraped to get in the playoffs with a putrid 37-45 record, they go up against the team with the best record in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls.... what's the first thing that comes out of the mouth of Vogul and Granger in their exit interviews?....... 'We should have won'.

The next 2 years, rinse and repeat except with the Miami HEAT both times. The Pacers all 3 years in a row have walked off the court without shaking the hands of their opponents and respecting them enough to accept defeat in a sportsman like manner.

I feel if this was the HEAT or any other marquee team they wouldn't let that story die for some time, but the Pacers keep doing this and nobody barely mentions it.

OldStyleCubbies
06-04-2013, 12:30 AM
I like it, its part of their identity. :shrug:

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 12:32 AM
I just cant stand people getting too hyped over paul george. sorry.

TeamSeattle
06-04-2013, 12:35 AM
If the Heat weren't in the East, these guys would of been to the finals twice now so I'd take that everytime. :shrug:

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Frank Vogel is a terrific coach I think.

BALLER R
06-04-2013, 12:39 AM
It's not that serious. I seen George Hill, Paul George and even Stephenson talking to Lebron after the game.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 12:40 AM
If the Heat weren't in the East, these guys would of been to the finals twice now so I'd take that everytime. :shrug:

But they are in the East, and they beat them.

Shake their hands, walk off the court... and don't top it off by smack talking in the exit interviews that "we were the better team and we should have won" when you didn't. This act is getting old when a team keeps losing.

Yes, I understand they are a hungry team and they might feel like they could have won, but they didn't. Show some respect and sportsmanship.

hugepatsfan
06-04-2013, 12:41 AM
It all started 3 years ago when Vogul took over as head coach. From since then, the team has taken on the identity of their coach. A young, cocky, arrogant group who thinks they are better than they really are and think they know what it takes to win even though they've done none of it.

That first year they barely even scraped to get in the playoffs with a putrid 37-45 record, they go up against the team with the best record in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls.... what's the first thing that comes out of the mouth of Vogul and Granger in their exit interviews?....... 'We should have won'.

The next 2 years, rinse and repeat except with the Miami HEAT both times. The Pacers all 3 years in a row have walked off the court without shaking the hands of their opponents and respecting them enough to accept defeat in a sportsman like manner.

I feel if this was the HEAT or any other marquee team they wouldn't let that story die for some time, but the Pacers keep doing this and nobody barely mentions it.

Because it's more fun to make fun of teams with whiny, insecure fans like you that make threads like this as a way of complaining about how much people hate on your team.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 12:42 AM

He's a good scorer, great rebounder, great passer, premier defender, and he's only 23. It's not just hype. It's all legitimate. And he just won MIP so he's obviously improving at a crazy rate. I can see him being a 23, 9, and 7 guy in a few years if he stays healthy and keeps working.

BALLER R
06-04-2013, 12:44 AM
He's a good scorer, great rebounder, great passer, premier defender, and he's only 23. It's not just hype. It's all legitimate. And he just won MIP so he's obviously improving at a crazy rate. I can see him being a 23, 9, and 7 guy in a few years if he stays healthy and keeps working.

Main thing for him is to be consistent.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM

..yeah i'll believe it when i see it.
he has potential no doubt about that, but he's a long way away from being a consistent player, let alone 23 9 7.

lets not over hype him now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Main thing for him is to be consistent.

umm and to keep his turnovers in check.. you know since that would kinda help his consistency and all..

tallyzone7
06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
People are not going to criticize the Pacers because nobody cares about them. The only way they are relevant in the media is if they win the Finals.

Basically they are the Spurs without rings.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Because it's more fun to make fun of teams with whiny, insecure fans like you that make threads like this as a way of complaining about how much people hate on your team.

Sorry guy. I don't care enough about this internet crap to get baited into a pissing match over teams. So if you don't want to have an adult convo just bounce and find another thread to troll.

It's just an observation that I find kind of annoying. I actually like the old school physical nature of the Pacers, but for a team that supposedly 'plays the right way' as they seem to talk about in interviews, and what I know people from Indiana pride themselves in (I have plenty of family there), this is not the way to act or set an example for younger people or represent their state.

ClearSoulForce
06-04-2013, 12:52 AM
LeBron didn't shake the Celtics hands after Cleveland lost to them (he's a part of Miami) Really respectful.

LeBron basically said we all have **** lives in an interview, yeah real classy.

After 06, Wade called out Dirk and said they lost because of him, yeah real classy and respectful Wade.

WHODAT8o8
06-04-2013, 12:58 AM

Reminds me of the heat in their parade. Claiming 7 championships

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 12:58 AM
umm and to keep his turnovers in check.. you know since that would kinda help his consistency and all..

Then have this conversation with me in 4 years I guarantee PG will be a superstar. Quote me or whatever. Just mark my words. Nobody starts off perfect and this his only his 3rd year. He was nothing more than a potential all-star to most people a year ago. Now he's MIP, all-star, 3rd team all-nba, and 2nd team all-d. Where will he be in a few years? In my opinion, possibly Tmac 2.0. Tmac started off as a solid prospect and worked his way up just like PG is. But who knows. He might pull a Shaun Livingston for all we know. Or he could become the greatest player of all time and average 62 points on 88% shooting. We'll see.

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 01:02 AM
The problem with Lebron and Wade for that matter is they go out of their way to shake and hug the opposing team when they win but turn into ghosts when they lose. They literally have stopped guys from walking to the locker room and give them a 3 minute talk when it's a victory. If you don't want shake hands fine...do it all the time but don't shake hands when you win either. Ppl had a problem with him not shaking Dwight's hand because they seemed to be cool with each other at the time and Bron has always showed respect to his fellow competitor.

"I just lost why would shake someone's hand"

Umm because if you won you would have went up to 3-5 players and talked to them at length.

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 01:03 AM
he has potential no doubt about that, but he's a long way away from being a consistent player, let alone 23 9 7.

Well he's better than Wade and certainly way more consistent as well.

Slug3
06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
I don't have a problem with it.

But let's remember how people killed Lebron when he did it his last year in Cleavland.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 01:15 AM

:clap:

kozelkid
06-04-2013, 01:17 AM

+1.

My god it's pathetic how badly some fans want validation; they really act like some of the players on that team. :laugh2:

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Reminds me of the heat in their parade. Claiming 7 championships

Actually he said "not 7" which is implicating 8 or more. Good luck with that LeBron.

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:18 AM
They lost the series in game 7 of the ECF in a grimmey tough scrappy series... I doubt I would want to shake the opponents hand either...

Arch Stanton
06-04-2013, 01:20 AM

Lots of players have done the same. Even LeBron when he was with the Cavs. I believe he did this in 09 when they lost to the Magic. I don't think he was shaking any hands. You also have the nerve to call the Pacers an arrogant, cocky (thanks for the over kill) team that thinks they are better then they are... Well, they almost beat you're arrogant, cocky (not 1, not 2, not 8) cHeat in the eastern conference finals. And I don't think anyone had them with any sort of shot.
You're right in that if the cHeat acted similarly the story wouldn't die (like any other cHeat story). But that's to be expected when your team colluded back in 2010.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 01:27 AM

Because saying your team is going to win 8+ championships isn't an example of arrogance? You just dodged a bullet winning this series considering there were so many games that could have gone either way. Everybody on that Heat team is gassed as ****. A bunch of prima donnas. Pacers work for their wins, you guys are just talented. I hope the Spurs sweep you. Then LeBron can be like "not 1... okay, 1. :("

WITZ
06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
LeBron didn't shake the Celtics hands after Cleveland lost to them (he's a part of Miami) Really respectful.

After 06, Wade called out Dirk and said they lost because of him, yeah real classy and respectful Wade.

Dont forget to add when wade & lebron were mocking Dirk because of his flu by coughing during interviews to bad Dirk got the last laugh that year :laugh: . Your team is going to the finals and you want to talk about a lack of handshakes :facepalm:

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 01:33 AM
I don't have a problem with it.

But let's remember how people killed Lebron when he did it his last year in Cleavland.

He was killed because he goes out of his way to shake hands when he wins.

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Because saying your team is going to win 8+ championships isn't an example of arrogance? You just dodged a bullet winning this series considering there were so many games that could have gone either way. Everybody on that Heat team is gassed as ****. A bunch of prima donnas. Pacers work for their wins, you guys are just talented. I hope the Spurs sweep you. Then LeBron can be like "not 1... okay, 1. :("

This just shows your bias... Lebron, Wade, and Bosh made a big mistake on that stage when they signed.. But Lebron works as hard as anyone on his game and it's why he's improved every single season.. Teams don't win 27 straight games by going out on the court and half assing it.... they obviously put a tremendous amount of time in their craft and work very hard... I'm not a HEAT fan, but these types of posts are embarrassing to witness...

I feel bad for you... your hate is going to cause you to miss out on a once in a generation player.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 01:35 AM

You're not making much sense. LeBron didn't shake hands with Orlando, not Celtics.
LeBron didn't say everyone had crappy lives. He said that basketball was just a game and that his suffering shouldn't affect anyone else lives because of that loss.

WHODAT8o8
06-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Actually he said "not 7" which is implicating 8 or more. Good luck with that LeBron.

Ohh right sorry. Couldnt remember if he implied 7 or stopped at 7.

STAT1
06-04-2013, 01:39 AM
They beat the Heat 3 times and were a Paul George slip away from a possible 4th win. So what's wrong with saying they should have won? I don't get it, your team wins the series, and you make this thread to bash the coach and George because you feel he's over hyped? Act like you've been there before kid. Stereotypical heat "fan."

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:40 AM
They're humans with emotions... this loss was heartbreaking...

kjoke
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
think it was in game when Vogel was miked up and was saying "i told you guys, we gonna win this game, we gonna win it". Maybe it rattles up his team, but I can't think of any other coach in the nba who would say something like that. I know it says much about confidence, but not really digging the dis-respectfulness that it shows on any other team for that matter

b@llhog24
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Cause it's the Pacers. Nobody talks about small market teams.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 01:48 AM
think it was in game when Vogel was miked up and was saying "i told you guys, we gonna win this game, we gonna win it". Maybe it rattles up his team, but I can't think of any other coach in the nba who would say something like that. I know it says much about confidence, but not really digging the dis-respectfulness that it shows on any other team for that matter

No, it's not just in game.

After he lost to the Bulls 2 years ago in 2011, he said the same thing. Just Google it.

Every series he says that he had the better team and he should have won, and notable marquee players from his team walk off the floor without shaking hands. Whether LeBron did it or whoever does it, it's wrong and disrespectful either way. But I think the Pacers add more on with the "We are the better team" nonsense they say everytime after not shaking hands.

Just comes off as them feeling they are too good to shake hands and admit they lost. It makes it seem like every series they lose they were cheated out of the win by some outside influence. This is 3 years in a row with the same thing happening. 1x against Bulls, 2x against HEAT.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 01:52 AM
I should add though that David West has been a sore loser his entire career, and this isn't just a Pacers thing. He did it in New Orleans against the Spurs, Lakers, etc...

I wish his coaches from the Hornets till now would take the Scott Brooks approach and teach him how to lose like a man.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 01:59 AM
I should add though that David West has been a sore loser his entire career, and this isn't just a Pacers thing. He did it in New Orleans against the Spurs, Lakers, etc...

I wish his coaches from the Hornets till now would take the Scott Brooks approach and teach him how to lose like a man.

Hate West.. Dude always acts like the world is against him with that angry face.

Kashmir13579
06-04-2013, 02:01 AM

because he dunked all over bosh's face

Kashmir13579
06-04-2013, 02:03 AM
to answer the OPs question its because nobody respects the heat

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:09 AM

Yeah, because everyone respects the NYK.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 02:12 AM
So forget about the HEAT then.... what about the Bulls?

3 years ago the Pacers squeaked into the playoffs with a garbage 37-45 record, they face the #1 overall seed Chicago Bulls, and are down 3-0 praying to avoid a sweep, then guess what Vogul says.... He has the nerve to declare that if the Bulls lose Game 4, that they will in fact lose the series. The Pacers did win the next game, but ultimately lost the series in 5.

At the end of the day Vogul takes confidence overboard, all the time... and his players take on the same theatrics.

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 02:19 AM

I just can't stand how threatened Heat fans are by how good Paul George has become in all areas of the game. Yes, he played one poor game against Lebron but there is no argument against George being better than Wade at this point.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:20 AM

3 years ago the Pacers squeaked into the playoffs with a garbage 37-45 record, they face the #1 overall seed Chicago Bulls, and are down 3-0 praying to avoid a sweep, then guess what Vogul says.... He has the nerve to declare that if the Bulls lose Game 4, that they will in fact lose the series. The Pacers did win the next game, but ultimately lost the series in 5.

At the end of the day Vogul takes confidence overboard, all the time... and his players take on the same theatrics.

What's wrong with that, though? He's just giving his team confidence. Hey, if they took Miami to game 7, something must've worked. Great coach, just hate his personality.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 02:23 AM
This just shows your bias... Lebron, Wade, and Bosh made a big mistake on that stage when they signed.. But Lebron works as hard as anyone on his game and it's why he's improved every single season.. Teams don't win 27 straight games by going out on the court and half assing it.... they obviously put a tremendous amount of time in their craft and work very hard... I'm not a HEAT fan, but these types of posts are embarrassing to witness...

I feel bad for you... your hate is going to cause you to miss out on a once in a generation player.

You don't know me. I absolutely love LeBron. Although I don't like his attitude off the court I absolutely love watching him and it's absolutely mind blowing how athletic and talented he is. But Pacers work harder than the Heat. The Pacers are not stacked. They have an okay starting five and average to above average depth. But they are an outstanding defensive team (defensive is a large part associated with effort), and they have that "blue collar gold swagger" mentality. That's why they got to game 7 against the champs. Not because of talent. Maybe a little bit because of talent and a little bit because of what I was just talking about. But most of my hate was generated by the hypocrisy of the OP's post.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Ohh right sorry. Couldnt remember if he implied 7 or stopped at 7.

I wasn't being serious. nvm

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 02:26 AM

Don't forget about the Birdman baptism.
I mean not every player can dunk on a bird AND a dinosaur.
That is just special.

srsly_chris
06-04-2013, 02:28 AM
we're they supposed to think they we're going to lose?

naps
06-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Because they don't a LeBron or Wade. It makes story when a polarizing superstar says/does something. Indiana is a terrific team but they don't have a figure who would make storyline like LeBron or Wade or Kobe.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Then have this conversation with me in 4 years I guarantee PG will be a superstar. Quote me or whatever. Just mark my words. Nobody starts off perfect and this his only his 3rd year. He was nothing more than a potential all-star to most people a year ago. Now he's MIP, all-star, 3rd team all-nba, and 2nd team all-d. Where will he be in a few years? In my opinion, possibly Tmac 2.0. Tmac started off as a solid prospect and worked his way up just like PG is. But who knows. He might pull a Shaun Livingston for all we know. Or he could become the greatest player of all time and average 62 points on 88% shooting. We'll see.

i dont think youre getting it.. the fact that youre guaranteeing me that he will be a superstar in 4 years is just silly. what if he gets injured/lazy or isnt right for the system he plays in?

currently youre hyping him up based off of his potential, which easily makes him overhyped.. not sure how you cant see this..

noones denying he has potential, but settle down on the praise. ask Deng/tmac/iverson and etc how that turned out.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:42 AM

lol... next time i wanna read a joke, ill ask you to pm me.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:42 AM
:clap:

lmao. :laugh:

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:44 AM

umm.. no? try again?

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:45 AM
I just can't stand how threatened Heat fans are by how good Paul George has become in all areas of the game. Yes, he played one poor game against Lebron but there is no argument against George being better than Wade at this point.

george playing better than wade in one series or the post season doesnt validate him being better than wade. or are we neglecting the fact that wade is injured?

i just cant understand how slow one must be to assume that im threatened by the simple comment that i made lol..

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:46 AM
i dont think youre getting it.. the fact that youre guaranteeing me that he will be a superstar in 4 years is just silly. what if he gets injured/lazy or isnt right for the system he plays in?

currently youre hyping him up based off of his potential, which easily makes him overhyped.. not sure how you cant see this..

noones denying he has potential, but settle down on the praise. ask Deng/tmac/iverson and etc how that turned out.

The funny part is how he said four years.. Not sure what he's basing this four years off of. Four years is a huge time frame. Anything can happen in four years.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:47 AM

hows that december trophy working out for ya bud?

ThunderousDemon
06-04-2013, 03:02 AM
It's because we're all just haters, we're the bad guys.

What that make you?

Good?

Nah, you just know how to hide and lie.

ThunderousDemon
06-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Say goodnight to the bad guy or hater, whichever.

sammyvine
06-04-2013, 03:08 AM

I doubt Vogel cares what you think of him in all honesty/
Let him act the way he wants to act lol

Riodagoat
06-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Call me when George has 2 rings. Wade plays trash for a series then all of a sudden George is automatically better? Let's not forget this dude has been injured for the most part. I'm as hard a critic as anybody on Wade, but he's a two time champion and a finals MVP.

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2013, 03:11 AM

this.

nobody gives a **** OP.

Asik's better
06-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Here I will save people arguing in circles: career wise, Wade is the better player. However, if I had to pick someone today, I would pick Paul George.

Also how come heat fans can criticise other players/teams constantly and not be labeled haters, however if you say one bad thing about Lebron or the heat, your labeled a hater?

PacersForLife
06-04-2013, 05:03 AM
The OP was kinda hilarious.

TheLegend
06-04-2013, 05:27 AM
It's not that serious. I seen George Hill, Paul George and even Stephenson talking to Lebron after the game.

Yup. Plenty pacers shook hands after the game and Frank Fogel spoke of the Heat in a manner that showed great respect. Not sure what the OP is thinking but this thread is just simply inaccurate.

BigEric
06-04-2013, 05:52 AM
How can you complain after WINNING a game 7? I mean, cmon. You got what you wanted.. is that not enough? Try being a Kings fan and having your team destined to lose then become irrelevant for the next decade. I mean, did you not just happen to be handed Lebron James and Chris Bosh? Did you not win the finals last year and on your way to it this year? So what if a teams upset that they lost a game seven. They're a young scrappy confident bunch. Do you not remember 2 years ago when Lebron and Wade mocked Dirk for being sick? That is 10X douchier than anything that the Pacers portrayed. But still.... YOU WON. If you guys lost and they were flaunting their **** in your faces, ok, but if a team feels they should've won and weren't first in line to shake hands.. I don't blame them. Hell, they're the Pacers and no one takes them seriously until they get to the ECF.. let them have an identity.

This is like me complaining to my boss after he handed me a million dollar check because he said I was ugly as he gave it to me. Take the win and be happy, jeez.

LBJackpot
06-04-2013, 06:20 AM

Shame on Leabron for WANTING to win a **** ton of championships. Its funny how one person claims LeBron guaranteed 8 championships and everyone repeats it when he never said it.

Its ok though when LeBron ends his career with multiple championships you can always make yourself feel better by saying that he didnt get the 8 championships he "guaranteed".

LBJackpot
06-04-2013, 06:28 AM
hows that december trophy working out for ya bud?

Knicks lol

NYKnicks4511
06-04-2013, 07:10 AM

I have to agree with this. PG24 is a stud, but I don't see him as more than a 1-B type player. Consistency is the main thing with him, I think he can be a 20-8 rebs -6 assist guy, but just doesn't have what it takes to carry a team on his back. I don't think Hibbert is a 1-A player, so it'll be interesting what this team does with Granger and in the draft. Next year is Indiana's best shot assuming no changes, but I still don't think they have what it takes to beat a team like OKC or SA even.

koreancabbage
06-04-2013, 08:28 AM
it was really only Hibbert.

everyone was shaking hands in the end.

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 09:37 AM
george playing better than wade in one series or the post season doesnt validate him being better than wade. or are we neglecting the fact that wade is injured?

i just cant understand how slow one must be to assume that im threatened by the simple comment that i made lol..

Are you forgetting that Wade is on the decline. He won't be a role player next yr or anything like that but he's getting older and the deep playoff runs are going to continue to take a toll on him. He didn't show up in this series until his back was against the wall.

I'm not ready to crown PG yet but I can't deny the boy has talent.

Shame on Leabron for WANTING to win a **** ton of championships. Its funny how one person claims LeBron guaranteed 8 championships and everyone repeats it when he never said it.

Its ok though when LeBron ends his career with multiple championships you can always make yourself feel better by saying that he didnt get the 8 championships he "guaranteed".

Let's be fair if someone says how many dogs are you going to buy and you say not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5. Are you or are you not guaranteeing that you're going to buy more than 5 dogs at least 6. Lebron shot himself in the foot in that press conference and I think he even admitted that months after.

You're not making much sense. LeBron didn't shake hands with Orlando, not Celtics.
LeBron didn't say everyone had crappy lives. He said that basketball was just a game and that his suffering shouldn't affect anyone else lives because of that loss.

I didn't have a problem with his comments because there was some truth to it and he didn't say crappy lives but he did imply he's going to live his life and be happy while everyone else had to go back to their regular lives. Maybe it came out wrong but that's the way it was taken. Again I didn't have problem when he said it but I understand why some ppl did.

Slug3
06-04-2013, 09:41 AM
He was killed because he goes out of his way to shake hands when he wins.

I swear this has to be a joke. I mean I never see anyone who refuses to shake someones hands when they win. What are they to do? Tell them to go F off cause they won?

Again I have nothing wrong with it, but some of you find anything you can to attack Lebron.

koreancabbage
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Are you forgetting that Wade is on the decline. He won't be a role player next yr or anything like that but he's getting older and the deep playoff runs are going to continue to take a toll on him. He didn't show up in this series until his back was against the wall.

I'm not ready to crown PG yet but I can't deny the boy has talent.

Everyone keeps saying Wade is on the decline, but it has to do more with his knees than anything i.e. injuries. Definitely taking a toll on him. If he wasn't injured you wouldn't be saying. When Wade decides to ignore the pain, he's pretty much unstoppable still i.e. in spurts against Indiana (like 2-3 times)

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Everyone keeps saying Wade is on the decline, but it has to do more with his knees than anything i.e. injuries. Definitely taking a toll on him. If he wasn't injured you wouldn't be saying. When Wade decides to ignore the pain, he's pretty much unstoppable still i.e. in spurts against Indiana (like 2-3 times)

I think it has to do with both his injuries and being on the decline. He was always reckless with his body plus until last night he was kinda going through the motions.

koreancabbage
06-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I think it has to do with both his injuries and being on the decline. He was always reckless with his body plus until last night he was kinda going through the motions.

well he is 2-3 years older than Bosh and Lebron.

last night he did what didn't do most nights. drive into the lane and drop the tear drop runners.

oak2455
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM

He couldn't he was trying to stop players from banging his mama ;)

2-ONE-5
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
players leave the court without shakig hands all the time, including Miami

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 10:07 AM
well he is 2-3 years older than Bosh and Lebron.

last night he did what didn't do most nights. drive into the lane and drop the tear drop runners.

Yep plus how he played for all those yrs have caught up to him.

Yes he was more aggressive last night. I mentioned after game 6 I would be surprised if he didn't try to step.

koreancabbage
06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Yep plus how he played for all those yrs have caught up to him.

Yes he was more aggressive last night. I mentioned after game 6 I would be surprised if he didn't try to step.

agreed.

If one of Bosh or Wade show up in any game with Lebron, Heat have a pretty good chance to win any game.

BigCityofDreams
06-04-2013, 10:21 AM
agreed.

If one of Bosh or Wade show up in any game with Lebron, Heat have a pretty good chance to win any game.

I'm rooting for the Heat in this game. I can't have Duncan and the Spurs win their fifth. I think Wade came turn back the clock so to speak but I fear Bosh will get manhandled.

Max.This
06-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I swear some of you fans are women, so damn sensitive. Handshake? Sucking up to each other before and after a competitive game ? And for the Paul George not being a star, he won the 3 point shooting contest, and he has great athletic ability. The foundation is already there, just like how it took 10 years for Lebron to develop a jumpshot.

HT9Canada
06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
people bicker and banter all series. it happens. but personally and i know others feel the same way, when a series ends.. move on to the next one. Indy can talk now but no one should listen, just a basic thought

hugepatsfan
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
BECAUSE NO ONE REALLY GIVES A **** ABOUT SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!!! We just criticize people we otherwise don't like for it because we don't like them. Heat fans, welcome to being a fan of a good team.

C_Mund
06-04-2013, 10:57 AM

You can't state this in the opening paragraph of a thread and expect Pacers fans to have what you call "adult conversations". This is an aggressive comment and it warrants defensiveness. Especially when you're cheering for a team that colluded and claimed that they'd win 7 straight. Sounds cockier than a group of young guys learning the breaks as they go along. As far as I can see, the Pacers proved that they're one of the 5 best teams in the NBA, which is pretty good for a team that's almost entirely built in-house.

From what I heard (wasn't able to watch the last few minutes of the game) it was only Hibbert and West that went straight to the locker room? I mean, I don't see West hugging any opponent ever and Hibbert was obviously frustrated outside of himself for the series. I didn't hear about anybody else refusing to give props.

Anyway, I don't really condone poor sportsmanship but I also won't act like somebody is the worst ever if they don't shake hands. Definitely wouldn't have attacked them the way you have.

ElChinoLatino
06-04-2013, 11:19 AM

No he pretty much said that that we would have to wake up and have the same lives that we have yesterday, like nothing would change for the everyday man and that we would have the same personal problems tomorrow. That we have to get back to the real world. Pretty much he said, I will continue to have money, you won't and I will continue to do whatever I want because I'm King James, the best basketball player in the world.

SteBO
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I think that's taking it a little far....

The Pacers were in the ECF because of the attitude you're referencing, OP. They're a very confident bunch, which is why Miami doing what they did last night was impressive. The same people who had no issues with what LeBron did postgame in the 2009 ECF, should have no issues with Hibbert or West today. I know I don't....

mjt20mik
06-04-2013, 11:35 AM

This really confuses me.

They went to game 7 against the reigning champs and played a very tough series. In their minds (being competitors) they should have, and had all the tools to beat the Heat. They are among the top 4 teams in the league this season (as per their progression in the playoffs).

Mr.ATLHawks
06-04-2013, 11:59 AM
No he pretty much said that that we would have to wake up and have the same lives that we have yesterday, like nothing would change for the everyday man and that we would have the same personal problems tomorrow. That we have to get back to the real world. Pretty much he said, I will continue to have money, you won't and I will continue to do whatever I want because I'm King James, the best basketball player in the world.

Was he wrong? Look at all the daily **** people on this site post about Lebron, Kobe, etc. Although a little mistimed, those comments were pretty spot on to the people who live and breathe hatred for a player, for no apparent reason.

As a far as the topic is concerned, who gives a ****? Both these teams showed little sportsmanship on the court why would they shake hands afterwards?? All that hand shaking **** is for little kids and high school teams. If I had a team trying to elbow me in throat, push me down, foul me dirty, I wouldn't want to shake hands with them either. That statement applies to both teams. It would seem the Pacers try to play with fear tactics, sans the Detroit Pistons of the 80's, so I wouldn't imagine them being a very sportsman like group. That's why you have to respect a team like the Spurs so much, if they beat you, its because they beat you playing basketball, and not by slapping you hard to the ground, throwing you a elbow or cheap shot.

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
lmao. :laugh:

I was joking btw when I gave him the :clap:. Just making sure you know.

ElChinoLatino
06-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Was he wrong? Look at all the daily **** people on this site post about Lebron, Kobe, etc. Although a little mistimed, those comments were pretty spot on to the people who live and breathe hatred for a player, for no apparent reason.

As a far as the topic is concerned, who gives a ****? Both these teams showed little sportsmanship on the court why would they shake hands afterwards?? All that hand shaking **** is for little kids and high school teams. If I had a team trying to elbow me in throat, push me down, foul me dirty, I wouldn't want to shake hands with them either. That statement applies to both teams. It would seem the Pacers try to play with fear tactics, sans the Detroit Pistons of the 80's, so I wouldn't imagine them being a very sportsman like group. That's why you have to respect a team like the Spurs so much, if they beat you, its because they beat you playing basketball, and not by slapping you hard to the ground, throwing you a elbow or cheap shot.

No he wasn't wrong, but there is no need to say how sucky and hopeless our lives are in order to make himself feel better. Also these comments from the fans are mostly justified due to the whole 2010 not 1, not 2 in their rally and how LeBron left Cleveland + the childish and ignorant remarks of imitating Dirk sick. It all adds up. There is a reason to dislike the Heat/LeBron. I like him as a player, dislike him as a person.

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Jesus christ. You guys are so soft man its unbelievable. That is who Indy is. Thats their identity. Thats what got them to the Finals. And outside of Hibbert and West I saw pretty much every dude on that squad shake hands after the game.

In general, people have to stop treating post game pressers of star athletes like calculated Presidential speeches or some ****. These guys aren't all that educated, they don't have people write the script for them, they are interviewed directly after pouring their heart and soul into the game that their lives revolve around and are running extremely high with emotions whether positive or negative. Than they have a bunch of numbskull reporters bait them as hard as they can to give them a little headline gold.

You ever need to 'vent' after a bad day at work and act in a way you might not be the most proud of? WTF do you think after a player just gets sent home after being 1 game away from the promised land?

ryang
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Emotions run high. Hibert was disappointed and angry. Why give a fake congratulations? Lmao at the people still crying about the decision or Lebron amping up our crowd at the introduction. Get over it. We get it you hate him. He robs from the poor and kidnaps small children. Happy?

DChibes
06-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. The NBA does not require players to shake hands after the game like it is Little League Baseball. If I just got my *** handed to me in the payoffs, embarrassed in a game 7, I know the first thing I would NOT want to do is walk over to the guys who beat me and say hey thanks for kicking our ***.

Now that being said, I do think Indiana has this false sense of entitlement of praise from people. I mean what have they done? Won the central? Ok but the Bulls were without Rose and other key starters this year. Beat the Hawks? Ok nice but no one expected the Hawks to win anyways. Beat the Knicks? Sure, nice, but we all know the Knicks were the biggest pretenders in the league. Indiana is a cocky, arrogant team and from what I've seen, they have no right to be. Miami can act like that because they are the best, plain and simple. When you are the best you can act like the best and Indiana is not the best.

PurpleJesus
06-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Did the OP try crying about it? Sometimes that works.

gatkins11
06-04-2013, 05:02 PM
did the op try crying about it? Sometimes that works.

lol

Losoway
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
yea pacers are trying to take on that bad boy role

Pacerlive
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Go get a spray tan and relax. We don't give two shakes about your team and our players don't care about kissing up to Lebron and the tag alongs.

Point blank if it offends you go get some nuddicles and call me in the morning.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Hibbert does it: He doesn't want to be fake and do something that he doesn't want to.

LeBron does it: Disrespectful. Bad sportsmanship.

Welcome to the world of online.

Pacerlive
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Hibbert does it: He doesn't want to be fake and do something that he doesn't want to.

LeBron does it: Disrespectful. Bad sportsmanship.

Welcome to the world of online.

Meh, only for the blowhards on espn but they mostly write for ratings.

jimmyb33
06-04-2013, 09:13 PM
can't believe this is even a thread...NBA fans have gotten softer than the NBA itself.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Go get a spray tan and relax. We don't give two shakes about your team and our players don't care about kissing up to Lebron and the tag alongs.

Point blank if it offends you go get some nuddicles and call me in the morning.

I know why nobody talks about it already. It's because the Pacers are a non-story. If the Pacers won the series the story would be the HEAT losing, not the Pacers winning. There are so few of NBA fans in Indiana as it is, and even though they went to the ECF they were 25th in attendance.

But I find it funny that these clowns sit here and hug up with the team's players that they beat such as the Knicks and Hawks, but then run off the court like girls when they lose. My only point is these clowns should grow up and Vogul needs to stop mouthing off about beating teams that he can't beat.

jam
06-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Hibbert should've just kept his mouth shut and focused on game 7. Not that it would've made much difference.

It really detracted from Vogel's credibility when he stated that his team represented the city and state with class.

I really hope hibbert's not as dumb as he seems.

seahawks509
06-04-2013, 11:54 PM

Thank you

FreakaNashur
06-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Go get a spray tan and relax
Lol. that's hilarious. how tan are people in indiana? where the beaches at?

NYJ - NYY
06-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I know why nobody talks about it already. It's because the Pacers are a non-story. If the Pacers won the series the story would be the HEAT losing, not the Pacers winning. There are so few of NBA fans in Indiana as it is, and even though they went to the ECF they were 25th in attendance.

But I find it funny that these clowns sit here and hug up with the team's players that they beat such as the Knicks and Hawks, but then run off the court like girls when they lose. My only point is these clowns should grow up and Vogul needs to stop mouthing off about beating teams that he can't beat.

obviously clown... when the defending champs lose in 7 to an inferior team when defending champs team have the best player in the game and best supporting cast? yeah id say itd be about the heat losing... thanks for pointing out the obvious

Pacerlive
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM

You do real realize you just come off like a guy who has low T right. Not too many people think anything about it and most of the time guys in the NBA don't care one way or the other. You think Lebron cares or anyone on the Heat care?

YOu think the Bulls care. But hey I get it, you got snubed in life and took it hard so you are a little sensitive to things.

I just think its funny that you calling people to grow up and yet you get hung up on the little things. Most grown ups look past the petty stuff and move on.