waveycrockett
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Heat are going to run them out the gym

waveycrockett
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Knick_Fever
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Difficult to gauge. Bosh should be able to play better, but I dont know how effective Duncan will be against him defensively. Ultimately Heat should be able to finish at the basket easier but now you have a new problem against spurs backcourt w/parker and manu. Spurs are better offensively than the pacers and just about even defensively. I expect Lebron to score more. Series will go 7 again. Flip a coin.

ManRam
06-03-2013, 11:29 PM
heat in less than 7.

MTL_123
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Heat in 6

*Silver&Black*
06-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Well I can guess who ESPN wants to win the finals........The Lebron James, so they can keep pushing in my face a comparison to MJ and asking "Is he better?". Can't wait.

Rooting for the Spurs, respect them fully.

Jarvo
06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Spurs in 6 or 7

ATX
06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
heat will win and this will be their last championship for a long time

Is that what your Tarot cards told you?

Odominator
06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Spurs, I hate them but respect them and their team. However, I have a feeling that ESPNBA will guide the Heat to another chip...

The Flash
06-03-2013, 11:36 PM
HEAT in 5. I think theY found their mojo

Knick_Fever
06-03-2013, 11:37 PM
lol, Spurs swept the grizzlies and everyone expects them to lose in 6 to the heat, who needed 7 games to win their series. Go figure.

TeamSeattle
06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I got the Heat in 5.

tallyzone7

Dude have you seen their roster?

*Silver&Black*
lol, Spurs swept the grizzlies and everyone expects them to lose in 6 to the heat, who needed 7 games to win their series. Go figure.

not everyone, just Heat fans for the most part.

JordansBulls
06-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Well I can guess who ESPN wants to win the finals........The Lebron James, so they can keep pushing in my face a comparison to MJ and asking "Is he better?". Can't wait.

Rooting for the Spurs, respect them fully.
I don't think they care if Miami wins or not, they wanted them in the finals for ratings. This is a good thing for Duncan and company to be his last title if he can get it.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Heat in 6.

Using the transitive property, eh.

Knick_Fever
Spurs are far more disciplined than the pacers, and are better offensively. Have the best coach, and playoffs mvp runner-up tony parker. Not to mention they never lost in the finals. Yeah, spurs will lose in 5 or 6 :facepalm:

goingfor28
06-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Spurs in 6.

Knick_Fever
06-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Heat in 6.

Using the transitive property, eh.

not quite einstein. 4 games is less than 7, lol.

MTL_123
06-03-2013, 11:42 PM

didnt people say the same thing last year with okc :rolleyes:

kdspurman
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM

This Spurs team is the same as OKC?

goingfor28
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM

Spurs ain't okc tho. They've been there done that, multiple times.

bootleg42
06-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Last year's final was............boring.

This year's finals should be similar in my opinion.

It's the Heat in it 3 years in a row.

Honestly, I wanted something NEW. I'm sick of the same old stuff.

It would have been interesting to see a Grizzles vs Pacers finals.

Knick_Fever
06-03-2013, 11:44 PM

Not even close. OKC vs SA series went 6. Spurs swept w/out an problem. :rolleyes:

Knick_Fever
06-03-2013, 11:45 PM
This Spurs team is the same as OKC?

According to MTL, they are.

jerellh528
06-03-2013, 11:49 PM
spurs in 4, 3 outta 4 sweeps

ElChinoLatino
06-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Based on the Heat fatigue and big rest for the Spurs, the Spurs edge the Heat in 6. The Heat eventually run out of gas. Spo gets outcoached and Timmy goes all out for his last hurrah.

Teeboy1487
HEAT in 5. I think they found their mojo

I agree, but I think the Heat match up better with the Spurs than Pacers.

Knick_Fever
Popovich is gonna run circles around spo. Spurs in 5.

kdspurman
06-03-2013, 11:55 PM
According to MTL, they are.

I got no problem with Miami being the favorite, but this Spurs team is nothing like OKC of last year. I disagree 1000% with that comparison lol

DaBear
06-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Spurs in 6

HotMayo
06-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Pacers were the better team and vogal gave away game 1 to miami. Truly, miami were losers in 6, but didn't happen. Haha, in this world there is an equilibrium for everything. Heat got away with winning when they shouldn't have and that favor will be returned equally with a losing series that they are supposed to lose. Spurs in 5

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-03-2013, 11:59 PM
may the best team win. potential to be a very very good series.

x-factor: 3 point shooting from both teams.

More-Than-Most
06-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol It will be biblical on both fronts...If the heat win people will be irate on this forum and around the world... Skip might actually kill himself. If the Heat Lose the Mods on this site might end themselves with the trollocalypse happening.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 12:06 AM
may the best team win. potential to be a very very good series.

x-factor: 3 point shooting from both teams.

Very true... Both teams get so many open looks.

tallyzone7
06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Lol It will be biblical on both fronts...If the heat win people will be irate on this forum and around the world... Skip might actually kill himself. If the Heat Lose the Mods on this site might end themselves with the trollocalypse happening.

Skip will kill himself. Spurs will give it everything they got. Duncan will go down like a true champion. But the reality will smack them in the face.

The Heat have assembled a stacked team.

Ryan328
06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
SA in 7

RB#20
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Wow Spurs vs. Heat? Spurs vs. Heat! Where to begin? These are the match-ups that make the NBA. For two teams that cumulatively have 27 guys on their rosters who flop with excellence its going to be fun to watch - Headlined by LeBron James and Manu Ginobili. Tony Parker flops. D-Wade flops. Popovitch flops. Chris Bosh's game consistently flops every night. Rumor has it that Reggie Miller has signed a 1-game contract with each team in order to get in on the action and theatrics. The only guys that don't flop are Tim Duncan and Udonis Haslem because they are men. One guy is a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode with all the pent-up rage inside of him and who casually walks around freely in society even though he looks like a serial killer with little boys locked up in his basement and the other is Udonis Haslem. You can see why they don't flop. How about the blockbuster match-ups? The Spurs Refs vs. the Heat Refs. I honestly can't pick a winner here. With the possibility of both teams' starting 5's engaging in spontaneous flopbustion during tip-off who gets the call? So many ***** calls to be made in this one. I don't think a 7-game series is enough for the amount of whistles you're about to hear. This series might end in 9. My verdict: David Stern wins.

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Spurs in 6.

ManningToTyree
06-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Heat In 7

DoMeFavors
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Parker will be a none factor since LeBron will probably guard him, I dont trust Danny Green or Leonard to come up big

LayBraun
06-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Spurs are far more disciplined than the pacers, and are better offensively. Have the best coach, and playoffs mvp runner-up tony parker. Not to mention they never lost in the finals. Yeah, spurs will lose in 5 or 6 :facepalm:

It's all about match ups, which you clearly don't understand.

Also, they are going to be coming off of 10 days of rest and that doesn't usually bode well for teams.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 12:37 AM
...when people use the "spurs are better offensively than the pacers" line, why dont they also use the "pacers are better defensively than the spurs" line as well?

the dumbest thing to do is to assume every series will turnout the same. different teams/different weaknesses/strengths. different coaches. and of course different players.

sometimes some of you type the dumbest **** its startling.

Anyways, as i said earlier, this has potential to be a very solid series. Big 3 vs Big 3. ;)

TeamSeattle
06-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Spurs in 6.

Yea what those two girls said :drool:

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
If the Heat play perimeter defense like they can they'll sweep the Spurs. Especially if they get help from everyone like they did today on defense (Miller/Wade/LBJ/Allen all played marvelous defense IMO). If the Heat limit Tony Parker offensively (which they've been able to do in the past). It will be an easy series.

Spurs are still extremely well coached, and have great teamwork, but I just don't see many match ups that they win. Heat are kind of the perfect team to face the Spurs IMO.

DoMeFavors
06-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Im going to laugh my *** off when Tim Duncan or someone misses a shot and LeBron is already at the other end of the court while Duncan is still under the basket because he is so slow. Heat in 4.

RiceOnTheRun
06-04-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm curious to see Miami's answer to Tim Duncan. There's nobody on the Heat who can effectively match up with him imo. I like having Chalmers/Cole/James/Wade against Parker/Ginobili, they won't shut them down but they'll definitely make it tough on them, however as good as I think Bosh is I think TD is gonna dominate him in the paint if not with his jumper. Plus the Spurs have shooters to spread the paint as well, this is really going to test Miami's defense. Whether they can stay on their man or switch effectively etc.

The coaching matchup will be great as well. Pop is clearly the better coach but Spo's not too bad either. He's definitely not going to outcoach Pop but it'll be interesting to see if he can keep up with him.

DoMeFavors
06-04-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm curious to see Miami's answer to Tim Duncan. There's nobody on the Heat who can effectively match up with him imo. I like having Chalmers/Cole/James/Wade against Parker/Ginobili, they won't shut them down but they'll definitely make it tough on them, however as good as I think Bosh is I think TD is gonna dominate him in the paint if not with his jumper. Plus the Spurs have shooters to spread the paint as well, this is really going to test Miami's defense. Whether they can stay on their man or switch effectively etc.

The coaching matchup will be great as well. Pop is clearly the better coach but Spo's not too bad either. He's definitely not going to outcoach Pop but it'll be interesting to see if he can keep up with him.

This is Tim Duncan of 2013 bro

tallyzone7
06-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Tim Duncan is 37. He will not go down low for 40 minutes and torch the Heat. The young Duncan would murder this squad, but all good things come to an end.

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 12:59 AM
This is Tim Duncan of 2013 bro

This. Duncan will get some points and boards, but he's not the Tim Duncan that can carry you anymore. This team's focal point is Tony Parker.

Also Bosh doesn't match up that poorly against Tim actually. Tim isn't a super physical player.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Spurs in 5 or 6

kozelkid
06-04-2013, 01:11 AM
All depends on which Dwyane Wade we see. If he truly found his mojo like he did tonight, then Heat in 6. If it's more of the Wade that we've seen this entire postseason, then Spurs will of dispose them in 5-6 games. Miami could get away with some of their stars' offensive woes against 3 offensive inept teams in Milwaukee, Chicago and Indiana. They can't depend solely on their defense this series.

kozelkid
06-04-2013, 01:13 AM
...when people use the "spurs are better offensively than the pacers" line, why dont they also use the "pacers are better defensively than the spurs" line as well?

Because the difference in offense far outweighs the difference in defense. This is a team that ranked 7th in offensive rating and 3rd in defensive rating. As a opposed to an Indiana team that ranked 20th in offensive rating and 1st in defensive rating. I'd agree with you if we were talking about the Spurs of last few seasons that were slightly above average at the defensive end. This season, they really tightened up at that end.

DoMeFavors
06-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Spurs in 5 or 6

................... are you kidding me

Sinestro
06-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Because the difference in offense far outweighs the difference in defense. This is a team that ranked 7th in offensive rating and 3rd in defensive rating. As a opposed to an Indiana team that ranked 20th in offensive rating and 1st in defensive rating. I'd agree with you if we were talking about the Spurs of last few seasons that were slightly above average at the defensive end. This season, they really tightened up at that end.

This. I think Spurs take it in 6. Spurs are giving me that Mavs in 2011 vibe.

kozelkid
06-04-2013, 01:21 AM
This. I think Spurs take it in 6. Spurs are giving me that Mavs in 2011 vibe.

Same. They certainly have the spacing, discipline and fantastic ball movement that could really give that Miami defense A LOT of trouble.

5ass
06-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Lebron in 6.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 01:22 AM
................... are you kidding me

not at all. They are the worst nightmare at this point for miami. doesnt mean i dont think the heat can win, but i just see the spurs being the better team at this point in time. Also, they know this may be their last chance so they will be more than ready to give it their all. Tony parker is a matchup nightmare for miami, as is Tim duncan, and the spurs have the necessary 3 point shooters, a la Dallas, to knock off Miami

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:28 AM
not at all. They are the worst nightmare at this point for miami. doesnt mean i dont think the heat can win, but i just see the spurs being the better team at this point in time. Also, they know this may be their last chance so they will be more than ready to give it their all. Tony parker is a matchup nightmare for miami, as is Tim duncan, and the spurs have the necessary 3 point shooters, a la Dallas, to knock off Miami

In the finals neither team needs motivation so I wouldn't say the Spurs being older gives them a motivational edge.. seems really silly. The Spurs aren't a better team, they're definitely more balanced.. but the Heat have clearly been the best team in the league for the past two-three seasons. Tony Parker is a bad matchup, but so is Lebron against the anybody, and during stretches Lebron will be able to cover him, and the HEAT have elite rotations. and the Heat are a much better team since Dallas and have an equal number of threats from deep....

DoMeFavors
06-04-2013, 01:28 AM

LeBron can guard Tony Parker no problem

Jahari Kavi
06-04-2013, 01:29 AM
I don't think this series will be as great as everyone thinks it will be. I got Heat in 4 or 5....The Pacers are a bad matchup for Miami and the Spurs aren't. Not nearly as physical or as long on defense. They do have better shooters, but that small ball lineup will not work against Miami, because that is their strength. Parker will see a lot of Lebron and Cole late in the game...Manu has been low key terrible...Duncan has been solid but that won't be good enough...and they have a bunch of unexperienced role players that haven't been there before compared to gutsy performers like Chalmers, Cole, Allen, Miller, Haslem, and Battier.........and they don't have Lebron.....

Jahari Kavi
06-04-2013, 01:35 AM

I like Z-Bo, the Grizz are a joke on offense at times.....they have no perimeter scoring...the Spurs could've lost two OT games against them, but the Grizz just can't score....won't happen against Miami...Spurs wouldn't even be here if Westbrook was healthy imho....

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Duncan: He's not going to be a bigger threat than Hibbert. Duncan is the better player but matchup wise, Duncan isn't going to dominate.

Wade: Should be easier for him to get his groove going. Pacers defense really suffocated Wade's offense.

Bosh: Not sure what's his deal. Never know what you can get from Bosh these days.

James: Spurs can't collectively stop James. Pacers clogged the paint and Paul George is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best SF defender. No way can KL stop James.

Parker: Despite what many SAS fans believe, Parker can be stopped. If LeBron guards him, I don't see Parker making a huge impact. Wait, who is James guarding that requires his attention?

Popovich: Never know what tricks he'll pull. Still don't think he has enough to stop Miami.

All in all, Pacers were the toughest team for Miami in the playoffs. They were big, dirty, aggressive, and love contact. Those are weaknesses of Miami and just because it's the NBA finals, it doesn't mean it's going to get tougher.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 02:00 AM
It will definitely be an entertaining series no matter what, and I am very excited to see it. I dont think many people understand the significance of a Tony Parker, and you cant just put Lebron on him 48 minutes, or at many minutes at a time for that matter, because Pop will counter the Heat right back by putting Kawhi in the post. The key matchup is Manu vs Wade, whoever shows up more often will probably lead to their team winning the series. If Miami drops one of the first two, I think the spurs will be the champions, as I cannot see San Antonio losing 2 of 3 at home

CubsBullsBucs
06-04-2013, 02:04 AM
i think the week off for san anton helps them tremendously. they are fresh and ready to go

ewmania
06-04-2013, 02:06 AM
i say spurs in 5

they basically dominated the whole western conference. if they play the same way they did in memphis

i see spurs taking this in game 5

ewmania
06-04-2013, 02:07 AM
I don't think this series will be as great as everyone thinks it will be. I got Heat in 4 or 5....The Pacers are a bad matchup for Miami and the Spurs aren't. Not nearly as physical or as long on defense. They do have better shooters, but that small ball lineup will not work against Miami, because that is their strength. Parker will see a lot of Lebron and Cole late in the game...Manu has been low key terrible...Duncan has been solid but that won't be good enough...and they have a bunch of unexperienced role players that haven't been there before compared to gutsy performers like Chalmers, Cole, Allen, Miller, Haslem, and Battier.........and they don't have Lebron.....

spurs don't play a slow game but they play defense lets not get they up n down style confused with not playing defense... duncan played hands down the best defense this whole playoffs against memphis... and on the offensive end they are wayyyyy smarter than indie is. this should be a interesting series

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:07 AM
i say spurs in 5

they basically dominated the whole western conference. if they play the same way they did in memphis

i see spurs taking this in game 5

Memphis is a completely different team than Miami. Don't even mention the LAL.. GSW gave Spurs a fight but shooters turn cold.

ewmania
06-04-2013, 02:11 AM
its alot of downgrading the spurs in this thread. spurs have offense and size. duncan will be the best big man in this series and parker will be the best PG... kawhi leonard is a young prime defender and he's been underrated this whole post season

and they have more floor spacers than miami does.... miami is a great team but lets not forget how unreal the spurs have been this post season

miami has yet to be challenged on the offensive end... so even when they were in a slump the games still have been close. they are going up against a team who can play d and also avg 100+. they are rarely cold. this will be interesting

ewmania
06-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Memphis is a completely different team than Miami. Don't even mention the LAL.. GSW gave Spurs a fight but shooters turn cold.

bucks.......

beaten up bulls.... young indiana pacers team with no real take over guy

it works both ways... i think it will be a tough game to game series. but saying the spurs will win in 5 isnt that unbelievable

FreakaNashur
06-04-2013, 02:21 AM

lol we have lebron

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:21 AM
bucks.......

it works both ways... i think it will be a tough game to game series. but saying the spurs will win in 5 isnt that unbelievable

Pacers/Bulls were Miami's weakness. Big, aggressive, and dirty. Sorry, Miami will have a much easier time with matchups. Spurs just aren't big and dirty enough to beat a team like Miami.

blams
06-04-2013, 02:26 AM

bucks.......

Saying the spurs will win in anything less than 7 is absolutely absurd.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 02:31 AM
People need to understand, ONE TEAM has beaten this Miami team since constructed. And NO, it wasnt a very physical team, it was more of a jump shooting team. The only time Miami has lost was when the other team was red hot and made their shots. Physicality has its perks, but outside of Lebron, it isnt like the Heat are the poster boys for "physical basketball." The Spurs are very similar to Dallas, Duncan can do similar things to what Dirk did to the Heat. Like I said, will be a great series but I think people overrate the Heat's weakness being a "physical" team when they have never lost to a team made of that cloth

Ryan328
06-04-2013, 02:33 AM
People need to understand, ONE TEAM has beaten this Miami team since constructed. And NO, it wasnt a very physical team, it was more of a jump shooting team. The only time Miami has lost was when the other team was red hot and made their shots. Physicality has its perks, but outside of Lebron, it isnt like the Heat are the poster boys for "physical basketball." The Spurs are very similar to Dallas, Duncan can do similar things to what Dirk did to the Heat. Like I said, will be a great series but I think people overrate the Heat's weakness being a "physical" team when they have never lost to a team made of that cloth

Well said

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Cats in 3

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 02:35 AM
People don't understand how much better this team is than they were in 2011. It doesn't always just work out like it does in Boston when you round up a bunch of superstars, and they just seem to play great together. Ask L.A. this season. Ask NY a couple years ago. Sometimes you got growing pains.

Miami doesn't look anything near as sloppy as they did in 2011. 2 completely different teams. THey work better together, and have gathered some key role players since then.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:44 AM

What? Dallas plays nothing like the SAS. Also, you're comparing a Miami team of three years ago? Has it occurred to you that they are a much better team? James is also 2x the player he was before. You're not proving anything. You lost all credibility by saying the SAS play like Dallas..

naps
06-04-2013, 02:45 AM

Well, to be fair you make ZERO sense here. Those were two different series with different matchups. Not saying people who are saying Heat in 6 are right/wrong but your analysis just makes no sense whatsoever.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Well, to be fair you make ZERO sense here. Those were two different series with different matchups. Not saying people who are saying Heat in 6 are right/wrong but your analysis is just makes no sense whatsoever.

BINGO

lol leave it to psd to be filled with amateur analysis. they assume every series contains the same variables.

kids will always be kids.
:facepalm:

Joshtd1
06-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Should be an interesting matchup to say the least. Hoping the Spurs are hitting their peak at the right moment while hopefully the Heat hit theirs during the win streak. The 9 days off for rest is huge for TP and his calf/achilles injury and Kawhi's knee, however there is the possible rust factor.

If Hibbert had his way inside with Indy, I don't see why Tim couldn't..seeing as he is the much more polished down low player, and Spurs have better passers to get him the ball if they front. TP will be much more of a problem then Hill or Augustine. Manu will be the x-factor here. Kawhi won't be asked to carry a load like PG24 so he will have all his energy to spend on LBJ...who I think is just as good as a defender, while also keeping LBJ outta the lane by spotting up.

Heat have the best player in the world which always gives them a great chance to win, and Bosh is exactly the type of player that tends to hurt the Spurs since Pop's main scheme is to try and force players to shoot 18-19 footers..which is Bosh's bread and butter. If Bosh and Wade play the way they did against Indy..it will be a quick series. I just hope Spurs don't try to play small ball and matchup with Heat, and instead stay big and punish them down low.

Biggest advantage for Spurs is the coaching IMO

As I've said before I really think this series is going to come down to which team's role players play better or shoot better since both teams rely on perimeter shooting quite a bit.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 03:03 AM
Should be an interesting matchup to say the least. Hoping the Spurs are hitting their peak at the right moment while hopefully the Heat hit theirs during the win streak. The 9 days off for rest is huge for TP and his calf/achilles injury and Kawhi's knee, however there is the possible rust factor.

If Hibbert had his way inside with Indy, I don't see why Tim couldn't..seeing as he is the much more polished down low player, and Spurs have better passers to get him the ball if they front. TP will be much more of a problem then Hill or Augustine. Manu will be the x-factor here. Kawhi won't be asked to carry a load like PG24 so he will have all his energy to spend on LBJ...who I think is just as good as a defender, while also keeping LBJ outta the lane by spotting up.

Heat have the best player in the world which always gives them a great chance to win, and Bosh is exactly the type of player that tends to hurt the Spurs since Pop's main scheme is to try and force players to shoot 18-19 footers..which is Bosh's bread and butter. If Bosh and Wade play the way they did against Indy..it will be a quick series. I just hope Spurs don't try to play small ball and matchup with Heat, and instead stay big and punish them down low.

As I've said before I really think this series is going to come down to which team's role players play better or shoot better since both teams rely on perimeter shooting quite a bit.

David West and Hibbert are much better than Duncan. Also, Paul George is way better than Leonard on the defensive end.. Not even close.

hornetsfansydne
06-04-2013, 03:32 AM

Pop would have been watching the Indy series and I am guessing that is the first thing he will do, he is too smart to try to beat Miami at their own game when he doesn't have the players for that style of ball

Joshtd1
06-04-2013, 03:37 AM
David West and Hibbert are much better than Duncan. Also, Paul George is way better than Leonard on the defensive end.. Not even close.

Explain

Joshtd1
06-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Pop would have been watching the Indy series and I am guessing that is the first thing he will do, he is too smart to try to beat Miami at their own game when he doesn't have the players for that style of ball

He tried it last year against OKC and wasn't successful. This year he had success when staying big against them which gives me hope that he'll try it against Miami

amos1er
06-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Hmmmm. Guess I'm going for the Spurs. Want to see Duncan get his 5th ring.

amos1er
06-04-2013, 04:00 AM
He tried it last year against OKC and wasn't successful. This year he had success when staying big against them which gives me hope that he'll try it against Miami

That. and then there was this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Explain

I know the question wasn't targeted toward me, but IMO...

West/Hibbert are bigger and more physical. Bosh get's bullied very easily by defenders with superior strength. Duncan however is not as terrible of a matchup for Bosh. I don't think Bosh will shut him down, but I think defending Duncan does fit actually pretty nicely into his play style. Duncan will still score like he normally does, but he won't be a huge factor. He'll have to play limited minutes n games where the Spurs aren't able to handle the pace.

Timmy is a great player and hall of famer, but he's not the same guy. He can't give you 40 mins in the paint. He still gives you great minutes while he's out there, but San Antonio really doesn't match up well at all, and when you take him off the floor it's even worse.

Parker has struggled in games vs James in the past, and when Parker struggles the Spurs struggle. I think we'll find out very early if Parker will be able to penetrate the Heats great perimeter defense.

If this was Duncan/Ginobli/Parker of about 5 years ago I'd say we'd have a hell of a series, but I just don't see this fitting in the Spurs favor. I've been wrong before though.

AnthonyTyrael
06-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Heat will win and Wade will prove his worth. This scenario is made for the Heat. Perfect set up and it was clear that they'll beat Indiana in game 7, sadly. I'm rooting for the Spurs but I can't see them winning the title against this Heat team. They'll find a way to take their second in a row.

Joshtd1
06-04-2013, 04:30 AM
I know the question wasn't targeted toward me, but IMO...

West/Hibbert are bigger and more physical. Bosh get's bullied very easily by defenders with superior strength. Duncan however is not as terrible of a matchup for Bosh. I don't think Bosh will shut him down, but I think defending Duncan does fit actually pretty nicely into his play style. Duncan will still score like he normally does, but he won't be a huge factor. He'll have to play limited minutes n games where the Spurs aren't able to handle the pace.

Duncan played against Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol/Marc Gasol/Andrew Bogut and faired pretty good against them..yet he won't have as much success against Bosh? Not sure if I agree. Hibbert is taller then Duncan, don't really see him as a physical player though. West may be "bigger" but he is still shorter, and I personally see him as more of a high post type player.

Timmy is a great player and hall of famer, but he's not the same guy. He can't give you 40 mins in the paint. He still gives you great minutes while he's out there, but San Antonio really doesn't match up well at all, and when you take him off the floor it's even worse.

Hibbert didn't play as much in the first two series, and you would think a slow plodding big man like Hibbert couldn't get up against the Heat..yet he played almost 40 a game and ate them alive. He averaged 11 a game in the regular season and 22 against the small Heat..why can't Duncan, the more polished offensive player do the same, after facing 2 of the top defensive big men in the league, and another good one in Bogut.

Parker has struggled in games vs James in the past, and when Parker struggles the Spurs struggle. I think we'll find out very early if Parker will be able to penetrate the Heats great perimeter defense.

This isn't relevant to my question..but since when has Parker struggled against LeBron? I hope they put LeBron on him, and hit him with screen after screen after screen and wear him down.

If this was Duncan/Ginobli/Parker of about 5 years ago I'd say we'd have a hell of a series, but I just don't see this fitting in the Spurs favor. I've been wrong before though.

We have our different opinions, and regardless of whether it was 5 years ago or now it should be a good series. I still like our chances

IKnowHoops
06-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Pacers were the better team and vogal gave away game 1 to miami. Truly, miami were losers in 6, but didn't happen. Haha, in this world there is an equilibrium for everything. Heat got away with winning when they shouldn't have and that favor will be returned equally with a losing series that they are supposed to lose. Spurs in 5

Dan Gilbert, is that you?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 05:02 AM
What? Dallas plays nothing like the SAS. Also, you're comparing a Miami team of three years ago? Has it occurred to you that they are a much better team? James is also 2x the player he was before. You're not proving anything. You lost all credibility by saying the SAS play like Dallas..

I meant in regards to them being a team that can knock down jump shots, I should have clarified that.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 05:05 AM
And also, I understand Miami is a much better team and think it will be a great series. I was just trying to make a point that a physical team hasnt beaten the Heat, so I dont understand why everyone thinks that is some sort of magic formula for knocking them off

rex.reyesiii
06-04-2013, 05:06 AM
HEAT in 5 (I Wish) I wished/predicted that too with the Pacers but didn't turn out right.

It may go to 7 as well.

Mcdoh
06-04-2013, 05:33 AM
spurs..

JC_
06-04-2013, 05:46 AM
When I think of the Heat, I picture a spring thats been held down these last 2 series and is about to release against the Spurs. I think they will play very fast-paced and itll be up to the younger guys on SA to stop them.

Having said that, I think both teams are great offensively but Miami will have the edge defensively. Yes, the king is on Miami but the Spurs have a few guys that are league royalty so they will probably get the advantage with the refs if they sell it (which I'm sure they will). Should be a good series.

xfactors for Miami are Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier (who has been resting)
xfactors for SA are Tiago Splitter and Danny Green.. oh and can't forget TMAC:)

BigEric
06-04-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't really understand this "Hibbert and West being more physical" crap. It's not like Indiana threw out Shaq and Barkley.. Hibbert's always been an effective scorer and he was in the Miami series... by no means did he DOMINATE with physicality. Maybe against Bosh, sure, but Hibbert's game has NEVER been domination. West is physical, yeah, but he's undersized and has about a 0 inch vertical.

Duncan doesn't need to be a world beater down low to be effective vs MIA. He's Tim Duncan, I don't care how old he is, as long as he's healthy.. (which he is now) he'll find ways to be effective. Because Duncan isn't going to back him down EVERY time doesn't mean he won't be equally as effective. Sure, it's going to be harder for Duncan to stay outside with Bosh, and I think this is where the biggest issue lies for Miami, outside of Lebron James haha, but don't discount Duncan because "he's old and less physical than Hibbert".

sunsfan88
06-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Any team that has LeBron is a threat to win the title every season.

However, I agree with you that once LeBron retires, Miami won't win one for a very, very long time.

Jint.
06-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Spurs in 7

benzni
06-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Heat although I hope I am wrong.

MikefromMars
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm mostly excited all the people who post on here like they know anything about the Spurs will finally actually watch them play and realize how ridiculous they sound to all the real NBA fans who actually know what they're talking about.

This is going to be a great series. LeBron's legacy is on the line. He simply can't go 0-3 against Texas and expect to ever be considered the GOAT again. He wins, the arguement continues. The Heat get tossed around and that spells the end for the "Big 3" the Heat paid for. Bosh will be gone... For the Spurs this is where they have been fighting to get back to since 2007. They have done what no other team dares to do. Lost over and over again and still kept their core intact. If they get it done this is probably Duncan's final season. My take...

The pressure is all on the Heat. If the Spurs lose they outperformed expectations and did really well for an "old" team. If the Heat lose it's a monumental disappointment. Spurs having nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Ineresting matchups. I think this will be a coming out party defensively for Kawhi. If George got so much praise for "defending" LeBron as he cruised to 30 pts a night, Kawhi will hold him to 25 and quickly be known as the new Bruce Bowen. Of course, LeBron wins any matchup he has. He is the best in the NBA. Period.

What I think is interesting is the Spurs offensive pick n roll style matchup against the undersized Heat D. This tips the scales heavily in SA's favor. PG, PF, C are the best matchups for SA against the Heat. I think they will have a tough time defending the pick n roll and San Antonio will score with relative ease.

The series will boil down to Wade. Can he be effective against a solid defender in Danny Green. If Wade shows up and plays like the top 5 player he is, the Heat will win this series. However, I don't see that happening esp against a savy coach like Pop. Pacers exposed the Heat and Pop will exploit them... People are confused about West and Hibbert, they're good but they're still West and Hibbert. Duncan and Tiago is going to be a much tougher matchup down low and I think a lot of casual NBA fans (i.e. people who never actually watch the Spurs) will be surprised by this.

Spurs in 6.

koreancabbage
06-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Any team that has LeBron is a threat to win the title every season.

However, I agree with you that once LeBron leaves, Miami won't win one for a very, very long time.

fixed

If Lebron retires from any team, that team is going to not win one for a very very long time

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
It's all about match ups, which you clearly don't understand.

Also, they are going to be coming off of 10 days of rest and that doesn't usually bode well for teams.

Don't really agree with your rest theory from the Spurs stand point at least.

NBA History ✔ @NBAHistory
Spurs = 7-0 in Game 1s of playoff series on 5 or more days rest since '03. They will have 9 days off before Gm 1/NBA Finals @EliasSports

Obviously this is just "one of those stats", but Pop will have these guys ready to go. Starting on the road is probably even better.

Jarvo
06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
So Spurs have no chance and will get swept because they're too old, Hmm heard this for yearssss now :laugh:

Muttman73
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Spurs

MikefromMars
06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Miami: offense, 108.4 (1st in postseason); defense 97.6 (4th in postseason)
San Antonio: offense 106.5 (2nd in postseason); defense 95.4 (1st in postseason)

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Spurs in 6 unless stern hands Lebron another ring*.

Knick_Fever
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
For those that think the heat have hit their "stride" said the same thing after game 5. The fact is they are unpredicatable and incosnistant. Spurs are the team that have actually hit their "stride", winners of 6 straight. And Im not surprised they're better than the heat in almost every statistical category in the playoffs to include being #1 in: Assists, defense, playmaking, efficiency- overall.

http://stats.nba.com/#ls=nbacom&Game...tegory=Assists&GameScope=Playoffs&PlayerOrTeam=Team&StatCategory=Assists

JordansBulls
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
This series has Dallas vs Miami in 2011 written all over it. Except this time Wade is going to be how Lebron played in 2011 and Lebron is going to be how Wade played in 2011.

ManRam
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
not everyone, just Heat fans for the most part.

this isn't true at all.

go check the vegas odds real quick.

zn23
06-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I like the Heat to win, probably in 6 games or so.

Anyways does LeBron crack the top 10 All time if Heat were to win? I'd say yes.

SteBO
06-04-2013, 12:36 PM
This series has Dallas vs Miami in 2011 written all over it. Except this time Wade is going to be how Lebron played in 2011 and Lebron is going to be how Wade played in 2011.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion....I don't know if you realize the drastic offensive differences with this Heat team between that year and currently and we had Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Eddie House as two of our best players off the bench.....with Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony as our starting PG and C. Sorry, but that comparison is flawed from all angles.

Knick_Fever
06-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Not sure how you came to that conclusion....I don't know if you realize the drastic offensive differences with this Heat team between that year and currently and we had Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Eddie House as two of our best players off the bench.....with Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony as our starting PG and C. Sorry, but that comparison is flawed from all angles.

It was a bad comparison. But if you go up a couple of posts you see a more logical argument I presented in the spurs' favor.

sportsfan222
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
spurs in 6 at most.

just a much better team. the heat, aside from lebron, have looked like absolute garbage. dont be fooled because 1 game wade played well. the guy is overrated, and will not have a game like he did last night against indiana, vs the spurs.

lebrons great, but the spurs are an actual team. i am sure wade will be flopping none stop though, so maybe he will get to the line a bunch. this series will be all spurs.

also, the spurs are not going to turn the ball over every possesion like the pacers did. also, spurs can hit there free throws, very good 3 pt shooting team, and great pg, and of course they still got duncan.

todu82
06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
The Spurs in 6.

ThunderousDemon
06-04-2013, 12:57 PM
I want the spurs to win.

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Spurs in 6 or Heat in 7.

My guess:

Split in Miami
Spurs win 2 out of 3 in SAS

Whether they split from there or Miami wins 6 and 7 and home is up for grabs.

The 2-3-2 format really changes things up a great deal.

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I am happy the 'casual fan' is finally gonna have a reason to love the Spurs. All my friends who aren't hoopheads don't like the Spurs for the same lame *** reasons most around the country don't.

But when your playing against Miami everyone loves you, Spurs are going to be the darling team to the entire country for the next 2 weeks. I hope they can shine.

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Duncan played against Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol/Marc Gasol/Andrew Bogut and faired pretty good against them..yet he won't have as much success against Bosh? Not sure if I agree. Hibbert is taller then Duncan, don't really see him as a physical player though. West may be "bigger" but he is still shorter, and I personally see him as more of a high post type player.

Hibbert didn't play as much in the first two series, and you would think a slow plodding big man like Hibbert couldn't get up against the Heat..yet he played almost 40 a game and ate them alive. He averaged 11 a game in the regular season and 22 against the small Heat..why can't Duncan, the more polished offensive player do the same, after facing 2 of the top defensive big men in the league, and another good one in Bogut.

This isn't relevant to my question..but since when has Parker struggled against LeBron? I hope they put LeBron on him, and hit him with screen after screen after screen and wear him down.

We have our different opinions, and regardless of whether it was 5 years ago or now it should be a good series. I still like our chances

You're definitely entitled to your opinion. I think Duncan will do fine. Probably 15+ ppg with 9+ RPG this series. Bosh needs to make Timmy puts out a lot of effort when he's in. He can't stop Timmy scoring from the post completely, but he can definitely stop his perimeter game, and beat him on the fast break. Duncan doesn't run the floor like he use to...

Last game TP played LBJ I think he shot 25% from the field with like 18 points. Then the time before that he shot 50% with only 2 assists. Miami understands they have to slow down Tony Parker. If you slow down Tony Parker you slow down the entire Spurs offense.

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't mind all the Spurs fans pick their team to win, but all the guys that have been picking against the Heat since Chicago... Your opinion is almost invalid at this point. It's hard to talk to someone who claims they have "basketball knowledge" yet they've been picking against the Heat since round 2.

This is why people get frustrated in this forum. It's hard to take anyone's opinion as valid when all they do is pick the team that's playing against Lebron and cross their fingers... I swear I can tell what is going to be posted just by the names of the posters.

PC
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Heat in 6

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
You're definitely entitled to your opinion. I think Duncan will do fine. Probably 15+ ppg with 9+ RPG this series. Bosh needs to make Timmy puts out a lot of effort when he's in. He can't stop Timmy scoring from the post completely, but he can definitely stop his perimeter game, and beat him on the fast break. Duncan doesn't run the floor like he use to...

Last game TP played LBJ I think he shot 25% from the field with like 18 points. Then the time before that he shot 50% with only 2 assists. Miami understands they have to slow down Tony Parker. If you slow down Tony Parker you slow down the entire Spurs offense.

It's really tough to use any previous matchups as any sort of barometer for this matchup. Especially seeing how Parker just played against 2 of the best perimeter defenders this league has in Tony Allen & Mike Conley. The Spurs have figured out how to get Parker the best looks no matter who is guarding him, and credit for that goes to Pop and TP as well for being able to adjust his game.

This series will be one of many adjustments I presume. I'm sure Miami will throw a bunch of different looks at TP and it'll be up to the Spurs to counter it.

ztilzer31
Seriously in the NFL forum there are always 20 or 30 people that will be like "well damn I really hope the Cowboys win, but the Redskins matchup well" or something. In this forum... If you hate Lebron, you pick against Miami. If you hate Kobe you pick against LA. Can't some of us have unbiased opinions, and actually insight into what they think will happen? It seems pointless even to join some of these threads because people are just arguing what team they want to win, now who they think will win....

Of course if your a Spurs or Heat fan you're going to be a little biased in this next series, but there's still 10 or 15 people that just go "I HATE THE HEAT SPURS IN 4".

ChitownBears22
HEAT in 5. LBJ Finals MVP with 32/6/6

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
It's really tough to use any previous matchups as any sort of barometer for this matchup. Especially seeing how Parker just played against 2 of the best perimeter defenders this league has in Tony Allen & Mike Conley. The Spurs have figured out how to get Parker the best looks no matter who is guarding him, and credit for that goes to Pop and TP as well for being able to adjust his game.

This series will be one of many adjustments I presume. I'm sure Miami will throw a bunch of different looks at TP and it'll be up to the Spurs to counter it.

Oh trust me, I'm not someone saying Spurs have no chance... I think Miami just matches up well with them, but if you're going to count out Pop, Duncan, and TP before a series starts you're high.

For the record I do think people are underestimating Pop. He will have a game plan that people won't expect. He's too good of a coach to just say "we're going to play our game against the Heat." He's going to do something that none of us expect. Including the Heat.

tr3ymill3r
06-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Spurs in 6, this is the Pistons and Lakers series all over again, people buying into the hype of the Heat, but fail to see that San Antonio is just the better overall team.

lamzoka
06-04-2013, 02:04 PM

Just to add to that they win all their chips in odd years 99, 03, 05, 09....... 2013?
Lebron lost every time he goes to the finals in odd years 07, 2011.....2013?

They won't turn the ball over like Indiana did
They have better shooters than the pacers
better post player in Duncan
They been there, done that

SPURS IN 6

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm sorry but the d-sucking of Pop needs to stop. Yes he is a good coach, but he doesn't affect the game as much as people assume. He calls great plays, run a good offense scheme, but at the end of the day the players still need to play. He has built a great team for what he does.

But this is the same guy who was a one seed and got a first round exit. He got beat by young Scott Brooks and OKC. He isn't perfect. This matchup should be good, because of the matchups, not what some coach brings to the table.

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Just to add to that they win all their chips in odd years 99, 03, 05, 09....... 2013?

SPURS IN 6

I hope this is a joke. This is the type of "expert analysis" that really drives this forum down.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh trust me, I'm not someone saying Spurs have no chance... I think Miami just matches up well with them, but if you're going to count out Pop, Duncan, and TP before a series starts you're high.

For the record I do think people are underestimating Pop. He will have a game plan that people won't expect. He's too good of a coach to just say "we're going to play our game against the Heat." He's going to do something that none of us expect. Including the Heat.

Definitely agree on Pop, he's been so great this post season. He seems to have been 1 step ahead of all the teams he's went up against in terms of how his team would attack and what to "take away" from the other team. He'll do 1 thing 1 game, the team will adjust, and he'll be attacking in a different way the next. It's been a joy to watch.

He's had some "questionable" years where stubborness kicks in and as a fan you just sort of scratch your head, but I fully trust he has something in mind for Miami. Now executing it, well that's a different story and that's why the games are played.

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM

SPURS IN 6

Bosh matches up well with Duncan, unlike Hibbert. SA has no one that can guard LeBron or Wade. Miami's D will contest every shot and it is never a good thing to have to become a shooting team. This is the first attack first team SA has met in the playoffs.

Riodagoat
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Heat in 5 or 6. Nobody in the Spurs can really guard Lebron. And seeing how he played last night, there's no way he won't come out aggressive.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Bosh matches up well with Duncan, unlike Hibbert. SA has no one that can guard LeBron or Wade. Miami's D will contest every shot and it is never a good thing to have to become a shooting team. This is the first attack first team SA has met in the playoffs.

This is the first attack first team Miami has met too no?

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Who is going to protect the rim like Hibbert on the Spurs. That is why they struggled. They will get to the rim, they will outrebound SA, they can defend just as well as SA.

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
This is the first attack first team Miami has met too no?

Bucks tried attacking, didn't go so well. Same with Chicago. Indy was the only team that didn't drive, but they did have a tough post game. SA will be easier to defend downlow, size wise.

lamzoka
06-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I hope this is a joke. This is the type of "expert analysis" that really drives this forum down.

I'm not saying they will win it for that reason, but that was not a joke or an opinion. It's a Fact.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Bucks tried attacking, didn't go so well. Same with Chicago. Indy was the only team that didn't drive, but they did have a tough post game. SA will be easier to defend downlow, size wise.

You're really comparing the Bucks and a depleted Bulls team attacking to the Spurs offense? :speechless:

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:19 PM
You're really comparing the Bucks and a depleted Bulls team attacking to the Spurs offense? :speechless:

No I am saying they attacked. I didn't compare the talent, just answered your vague question.

Avenged
06-04-2013, 02:20 PM
I've ruled out the Spurs in every series this postseason and they have proved me wrong.. Going against them again for this one. :laugh2:

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 02:23 PM
No I am saying they attacked. I didn't compare the talent, just answered your vague question.

The way the Bucks/Bulls attack is 1000X different than how the Spurs do. The Spurs do it with ball movement, not iso & trying to take Miami players 1 on 1. That falls right into Miami's strengths

lamzoka
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Who is going to protect the rim like Hibbert on the Spurs. That is why they struggled. They will get to the rim, they will outrebound SA, they can defend just as well as SA.

You forgetting that this is the same spurs team that kept ZBO and Gasol in check.

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:27 PM
The way the Bucks/Bulls attack is 1000X different than how the Spurs do. The Spurs do it with ball movement, not iso & trying to take Miami players 1 on 1. That falls right into Miami's strengths

I understand what you are saying. They attack and open up shots by ball rotation. Miami closes out very well and protects the lane well. Should be fun to watch TP vs LBJ

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
You forgetting that this is the same spurs team that kept ZBO and Gasol in check.

Yeah in the post, how much post game do you see from Bosh, James, Wade, Chalmers

SteBO
06-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I understand what you are saying. They attack and open up shots by ball rotation. Miami closes out very well and protects the lane well. Should be fun to watch TP vs LBJ
Well, when Miami plays inspired defense, that's what you see. Thing is, it really hasn't been a consistent occurance. Even during Miami's 27 game winning streak, the defense was on and off, both in-game and from game to game. Heat can't afford to have that happen against this Spurs team, that comes at you in waves.

The Spurs have really adapted well to how the NBA game has changed over the past half decade, and it's not like they've lost a lot defensively either. If I were just a casual NBA fan, I'd be disappointed to see this not go at least 6, moreso 7.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah in the post, how much post game do you see from Bosh, James, Wade, Chalmers

If they can stop shooters in Klay Thompson/Curry and post-up guys like Zbo/Gasol then what makes you say they can't adjust to teams with an in-between style?

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
If they can stop shooters in Klay Thompson/Curry and post-up guys like Zbo/Gasol then what makes you say they can't adjust to teams with an in-between style?

I never said they couldn't. They haven't yet so saying they will doesn't make sense.

amos1er
06-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Spurs in 6 unless stern hands Lebron another ring*.

Yup, the officiating could be the determining factor. And my guess is that like always, it will favor the Heat. Lets just hope that Pops has a good plan to counter act the refs.

amos1er
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I've ruled out the Spurs in every series this postseason and they have proved me wrong.. Going against them again for this one. :laugh2:

lol I remember everyone picking the Lakers over them in the first round. Now they are in the finals against the Heat who ran through the weak eastern conference like everyone expected. If the Spurs can continue their inspired play, then they can be very dangerous. To me this all depends on how much help Stern lends Lebron. If it's minimal, then the Spurs have a good chance. If it's anything like we saw in the ECS, ECF, or the finals last season, then it's going to be very difficult for San Antonio to pull off this upset. I know it sucks to say that and to blame **** on the refs, but sadly it's the truth.

bucketss
06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
lol I remember everyone picking the Lakers over them in the first round. Now they are in the finals against the Heat who ran through the weak eastern conference like everyone expected. If the Spurs can continue their inspired play, then they can be very dangerous. To me this all depends on how much help Stern lends Lebron. If it's minimal, then the Spurs have a good chance. If it's anything like we saw in the ECS, ECF, or the finals last season, then it's going to be very difficult for San Antonio to pull off this upset. I know it sucks to say that and to blame **** on the refs, but sadly it's the truth.

i specifically remember you saying that last season finals was not rigged, and also i thought miami was going to win because they are too stacked now they will only win depending on the calls they get??

DanG
06-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Heat in 6.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-04-2013, 03:32 PM
i specifically remember you saying that last season finals was not rigged, and also i thought miami was going to win because they are too stacked now they will only win depending on the calls they get??

Well Kip, it's a combination of both.

sunsfan88
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
fixed

If Lebron retires from any team, that team is going to not win one for a very very long time

That's exactly what I said...

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM

:laugh:

Joshtd1
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Yea I never got an explanation from him on that. At least another user chimed in with their opinion, which I will respectfully agree to disagree about.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
A name people really havent mentioned is Tiago Splitter. He had a sub par series against Memphis, but that is against one of the best defensive front lines in the NBA.

Splitter is fantastic in the PnR and should be able to take advantage of either Haslem or Anderson. When the Heat go Small Splitter and Duncan need to make them pay on the offensive end.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-04-2013, 03:59 PM
:D
i still always say this to people their like wtf u talking about lmao

Is that what your Tarot cards told you?

Muttman73
06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
It really is up to Stern and his referee thugs, who does he want to win? 75% of the country is sick of Miami already ... The SPURS are a better team than the Heat, unfortunately the guy who didn't have the balls to play in the NFL is still the best player in the league.
Spurs in 7!

ryang
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Not fair. Refs. Lmao. Some of you are so butt hurt. Nothing like reading those posts to. We all get good laughs from them.

bucketss
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
gonna be a great series, this is the first time a series will feature 4 former finals mvps! all proven winners who will step up? LEHGOOOOOOOOOOO

TheLegend
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Spurs will win. Miami has showed a lot of cracks and the spurs are a team that will exploit it. What ultimately did the pacers in we're their maturity and carelessness, which led to to many turnovers. That won't happen with the Spurs.

bucketss
06-04-2013, 04:10 PM
, unfortunately the guy who didn't have the balls to play in the NFL is still the best player in the league
Spurs in 7!

.lebron.haters.are.pathetic.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
gonna be a great series, this is the first time a series will feature 4 former finals mvps! all proven winners who will step up? LEHGOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow... Did not even realize that

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 04:39 PM

David West and Hibbert are bigger and longer than Duncan. I don't think Splitter is even worth mentioning going up against West and Hibbert. Hibbert poses a bigger threat because he's just too big for Miami. Duncan is the better player, but we're talking about matchups.

Paul George vs Leonard? Is this even worth mentioning? Leonard is a good defender. George is a great defender.

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 04:43 PM
David West and Hibbert are bigger and longer than Duncan. I don't think Splitter is even worth mentioning going up against West and Hibbert. Hibbert poses a bigger threat because he's just too big for Miami. Duncan is the better player, but we're talking about matchups.

Paul George vs Leonard? Is this even worth mentioning? Leonard is a good defender. George is a great defender.

Something tells me you will consider Kawai Leonard a great defender after this series. Splitter is a beast. Your in for a rude awakening if you think Splitter is a scrub.

Slade123
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Spurs ain't okc tho. They've been there done that, multiple times.

The Griz aren't the Pacers either. You're using a double standard.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Something tells me you will consider Kawai Leonard a great defender after this series. Splitter is a beast. Your in for a rude awakening if you think Splitter is a scrub.

Who the hell said Splitter was a scrub? I just said he's not going to pose a threat that West and Hibbert pose. Duncan poses that threat but he's not as long and tall. Miami got destroyed by the Pacers from the paint because of size and rebounding. SAS don't have the advantage that Pacers had over Miami Heat.

Slade123
06-04-2013, 04:54 PM
It really is up to Stern and his referee thugs, who does he want to win? 75% of the country is sick of Miami already ... The SPURS are a better team than the Heat, unfortunately the guy who didn't have the balls to play in the NFL is still the best player in the league.
Spurs in 7!

LOL, now you're hating on the guy because he's the best player in the NBA? How do you know that Lebron even wanted to play for the NFL?

I don't even like the Heat but this is one stupid post.

kdspurman
06-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Yea people are definitely undervaluing what Leonard can do defensively. I know what he's capable of and hope he does what I know he's capable of doing.

amos1er
06-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Duncan and Splitter were enough to sweep the Grizz even with their huge front line.

George is the better defender, but is it really by that big of a margin? Not really, plus Leonard doesn't have to worry about reserving energy for the offensive end. Therefore, he can focus more of his energy on the defensive end than George can.

bucketss
06-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Duncan and Splitter were enough to sweep the Grizz even with their huge front line.

George is the better defender, but is it really by that big of a margin? Not really, plus Leonard doesn't have to worry about reserving energy for the offensive end. Therefore, he can focus more of his energy on the defensive end than George can.

do you think he stands any chance guarding lebron in the post?

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Yup, the officiating could be the determining factor. And my guess is that like always, it will favor the Heat. Lets just hope that Pops has a good plan to counter act the refs.

Lol I like how Amosier is preparing excuses before they even play a game.

"If the Spurs win it's because they're better"

"If the Heat when someone had to of helped them, because they are just so awful".

Come on man. Don't you ever get tired of just being a straight up hater?

ztilzer31
06-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Like Amosier you are a fan of the only team that has had a proven rigged championship. Pretty ballsy move to blame the refs already lol...

SportsFanatic10
06-04-2013, 06:23 PM

you are pathetic.

bucketss
06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Lol I like how Amosier is preparing excuses before they even play a game.

"If the Spurs win it's because they're better"

"If the Heat when someone had to of helped them, because they are just so awful".

Come on man. Don't you ever get tired of just being a straight up hater?

he also said before there was no point of watching the playoffs because miami was too stacked compared to everyone else, he changed to the ref excuse quickly.. i wonder what sparked it?

seikou8
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
LeBron will get his no matter who is defending him so its mute point its all about the wade/manu and bosh/Duncan match ups

Captain Moroni
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Popovich just announced he will sit his entire starting lineup for game one so that they can all be rested for games 2 and 3

torocan
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Coin flip. However if I had to pick one, I probably go Spurs.

The real X-factor here is Pops. The guy's a machine when it comes to coaching, and come adjustment time Spo is out of his depth.

I see this going 7 games.

SportsFanatic10
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
i'm gonna say heat in 6 or 7, but they can't get away with wade and bosh struggling so mightily along with battier and allen going cold from 3 against the spurs. the spurs will be a big test since they're so well coached and have a big 3 of their own. also they defend well, have depth, and have the flexibility to go big or small with their lineups. and they almost always have great ball movement and space the floor with their dangerous 3pt shooters. parker in the pick and roll is a thing of beauty as well, and it will be a challenge to slow him down.

airronijordan
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I have spurs in 6.

My reasoning:

A) If needed, they can match and out score Miami point for point.
B) Their motion offense and all the off ball screens will have Miami help defenders out of position so I can't envision them forcing many traps and turnovers
C) Their bench can produce as well as Miami's bench.
D) Coach Pop will be making adjustments throughout the series. Where Spoelstra takes a whole to figure out what adjustments to make

It should be a great series.

In order for Miami to win the series, the big 3 has to be consistently on their "A" game. I don't see that happening

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Spurs in 6 or Heat in 7.

My guess:

Split in Miami
Spurs win 2 out of 3 in SAS

Whether they split from there or Miami wins 6 and 7 and home is up for grabs.

The 2-3-2 format really changes things up a great deal.

This is exactly how I could see it playing itself out

beasted86
06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Miami is going to sweep the Spurs like they are a joke of a team.

Haters will cry and grind their teeth and masturbate themselves to sleep.

#baitsystem

IversonIsKrazy
06-05-2013, 12:38 AM
The series is going to be awesome. And is so tough to call. I feel that Spurs are the better team overall, but the 2-3-2 format is very challenging. Not to mention that the Spurs-Heat have almost nvr played each-other fully healthy.

bigmac8675
06-05-2013, 02:17 AM
Spurs in 7... I hope

jam
06-05-2013, 05:08 AM
I really don't have a team to root for. At least I don't have to deal with that crappy stream on nba.com that kept cutting out on me. :/

krrys11
06-05-2013, 06:13 AM
I have Spurs in...5 !

They lose game number 1. They might be rested but...they will not be in the game routine. Therefore I think Miami will win first game big (about 15 to 20 pts)
From game 2 to game 5 spurs will be winning. Starting with 2 small wins (3-5pts) then one big win (10 -15 pts) and finishing with game 5 thriller

sturm
06-05-2013, 07:48 AM
I have Spurs in...5 !

They lose game number 1. They might be rested but...they will not be in the game routine. Therefore I think Miami will win first game big (about 15 to 20 pts)
From game 2 to game 5 spurs will be winning. Starting with 2 small wins (3-5pts) then one big win (10 -15 pts) and finishing with game 5 thrilleryou have no idea what you saying :p -tells your sig-

Knick_Fever
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Spurs' supreme execution and timely precision will be too much for the heat to handle. Where the pacers failed in recognizing and adjusting to momentum shifts, spurs are way too intuitive and disciplined to do the same. The spurs split in miami and finish them off in SA. 10 days of rest and preparation will serve as instrumental to spurs' success. This series will be similar to that in 2004 when the overwhelming favorite Lakers lost 4-1 to the Pistons. Spurs in 5.

ryang
06-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Knicks fever is going to have the Heat holding a new trophy for a year after this series. You gotta stop comparing Indiana to the spurs. We struggled against them because of Hibert and west. Your not taking into account the matchup problems we create for San Antonio or the drive and desire the Heat will be playing with in the finals. You'll see a game 7 effort every game from Miami. Just sit back and watch. Oh and get ready for a new sig. Bye bye Statue of Liberty.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Still find it crazy Pop was the only one to call Riley and congratulate him on signing Bosh, Lebron, & Wade when no one else did. Said he has a lot of respect for Pat.

Knick_Fever
06-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Knicks fever is going to have the Heat holding a new trophy for a year after this series. You gotta stop comparing Indiana to the spurs. We struggled against them because of Hibert and west. Your not taking into account the matchup problems we create for San Antonio or the drive and desire the Heat will be playing with in the finals. You'll see a game 7 effort every game from Miami. Just sit back and watch. Oh and get ready for a new sig. Bye bye Statue of Liberty.

Im sure pop will have an ingenious plan to limit Lebron one way or another. Look what he did to zach randolph. Yeah I know, different player. But it just goes to show that whatever he has in stock, its gonna be good.

mjt20mik
06-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Spurs in 5. They are gonna split in Miami and win all the 3 at home.

Longhornfan1234
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Bosh is going to expose slow feet Duncan. Duncan is having an overrated year. He's putting up Monta Ellis like TS%. I love Parker, but he cracks like a pipe when the pressure is on. Parker laid many eggs in the playoffs. Heat in 6.

Heediot
06-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Miami is going to sweep the Spurs like they are a joke of a team.

Haters will cry and grind their teeth and masturbate themselves to sleep.

#baitsystem

lol

bucketss
06-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Spurs' supreme execution and timely precision will be too much for the heat to handle. Where the pacers failed in recognizing and adjusting to momentum shifts, spurs are way too intuitive and disciplined to do the same. The spurs split in miami and finish them off in SA. 10 days of rest and preparation will serve as instrumental to spurs' success. This series will be similar to that in 2004 when the overwhelming favorite Lakers lost 4-1 to the Pistons. Spurs in 5.

aren't you the same guy who was guaranteeing the pacers would win the last series? as a matter of fact didn't you just lose a bet with ryang?:)

Heediot
06-05-2013, 02:06 PM
People thought the spurs were going to kill the Thunder last year after steam-rolling through the first two rounds. The Thunder Athleticism took over after being down 0-2. Miami is arguably more athletic, so don't count that out either. On the other hand, Leonard and Splitter are better this year, so is an older Timmy. I'll go with my personal bias and pick the Spurs in 6.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Lol wishful thinking! Spurs in 6

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Bosh is going to expose slow feet Duncan. Duncan is having an overrated year. He's putting up Monta Ellis like TS%. I love Parker, but he cracks like a pipe when the pressure is on. Parker laid many eggs in the playoffs. Heat in 6.

Back with your highly intellectual analysis I see!

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Like Amosier you are a fan of the only team that has had a proven rigged championship. Pretty ballsy move to blame the refs already lol...

That's why the kings shot more free throws that series then the lakers right? And that's why they choked away game 7 right?

Longhornfan1234
06-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Back with your highly intellectual analysis I see!

Back to your sarcasm and insults. You can't refute what I say.

ryang
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Im sure pop will have an ingenious plan to limit Lebron one way or another. Look what he did to zach randolph. Yeah I know, different player. But it just goes to show that whatever he has in stock, its gonna be good.

Why couldn't he slow down durant and the thunder last year? Cause there not built to handle a group of stars. He can try and I'm sure his plan won't be why they lose but that doesn't mean they will win.

ryang
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
aren't you the same guy who was guaranteeing the pacers would win the last series? as a matter of fact didn't you just lose a bet with ryang?:)

Yes he did. He's about to have a picture of my liking for the finals. After the Heat win (hopefully) he will have another picture of my liking but for a full year.

ghettosean
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm picking the Spurs for a few reasons:

1. They had rest (game one might be shakey for them though to find there legs)
2. There big 3 is old but they are playing completely out of there mind
3. They will have confidence against them since they almost beat the heat without there starters earlier in the year against a healthy Wade, Bosh and Lebron

If there B team caused a healthy Miami Heat problems because of there flawless play then the A Team (which is healthy) should cause a whole world of trouble.

Spurs in 6

Joshtd1
06-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Why couldn't he slow down durant and the thunder last year? Cause there not built to handle a group of stars. He can try and I'm sure his plan won't be why they lose but that doesn't mean they will win.

Funny, the same shots that Harden made against the Spurs..and Ibaka, decided to clank against the Heat. If Harden doesn't shoot 60% from three, or Ibaka go 11 for 11 in a game..Collison/Perkins/Ibaka scoring 40+ points while only missing 2 shots the whole game it could easily have been a different story.

And I'm not one to usually complain about officiating..but it was pretty stupid games 4-6

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Back to your sarcasm and insults. You can't refute what I say.

I didn't insult you. Parker has yet to "crack like a pipe" despite being pressured heavily in the last 2 series. (can't keep basing stuff off previous years)

Duncan has slow feet (at 37 years old) but still blocks/changes a lot of shots and does not jump on pump fakes, thus making him still a very formidable post defender. It's also a reason you'll likely see Splitter on Bosh, and not Duncan since Bosh lives on the perimeter these days.

There's your refute.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-05-2013, 02:44 PM

David West is not longer than Splitter. Roy Hibbert may have more size than Duncan, but He is pretyy much Duncan-lite. Hibbery was the one that came and learned from Duncan this past offseason. What Duncan lacks in size he makes up with his excellent footwork, better mid range jumper, better passing, and plethora of post moves.

Youre really under rating Leonard as a defender. No way is George "way better" if he even is better at all.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
David West is not longer than Splitter. Roy Hibbert may have more size than Duncan, but He is pretyy much Duncan-lite. Hibbery was the one that came and learned from Duncan this past offseason. What Duncan lacks in size he makes up with his excellent footwork, better mid range jumper, better passing, and plethora of post moves.

Youre really under rating Leonard as a defender. No way is George "way better" if he even is better at all.

He's one of the ones on here that honestly, probably is not even worth responding to.

pacofunk64
06-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I want the Spurs to win but lets be honest here...the Heat is the best team in the NBA and the Spurs had an easy route to the finals. The key is Parker. I think he can have a good series but he needs to have an excellent series for them to win.

ztilzer31
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
That's why the kings shot more free throws that series then the lakers right? And that's why they choked away game 7 right?

No that's why a guy admitted to fixing the game with 2 officials lol. Free throw amounts do not tell a relative story to what happened in the game.

The game was fixed. That is a fact...

Any non Lakers fan agree's with this. Any that watched the game at least.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I want the Spurs to win but lets be honest here...the Heat is the best team in the NBA and the Spurs had an easy route to the finals. The key is Parker. I think he can have a good series but he needs to have an excellent series for them to win.

I have no arguments for the Heat being the best team. What I do have an argument for is saying the Spurs have had an easy route and not thinking the Heat havent either? Bucks? Injured Bulls? They took care of business as great teams should, but let's not act like it's only the Spurs. The Warriors & Grizz were tougher than both those teams

Getting to the finals has always required a certain amount of luck. Both teams took care of business.

Longhornfan1234
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I didn't insult you. Parker has yet to "crack like a pipe" despite being pressured heavily in the last 2 series. (can't keep basing stuff off previous years)

Duncan has slow feet (at 37 years old) but still blocks/changes a lot of shots and does not jump on pump fakes, thus making him still a very formidable post defender. It's also a reason you'll likely see Splitter on Bosh, and not Duncan since Bosh lives on the perimeter these days.

There's your refute.

Why can't you base stuff off previous years? He cracked under the pressure against the Thunder and 2011 Grizzlies. That shouldn't matter? Parker is not great playoff performer. He made his name off a rookie and hobbled Eric Snow.

bucketss
06-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm picking the Spurs for a few reasons:

1. They had rest (game one might be shakey for them though to find there legs)
2. There big 3 is old but they are playing completely out of there mind
3. They will have confidence against them since they almost beat the heat without there starters earlier in the year against a healthy Wade, Bosh and Lebron

If there B team caused a healthy Miami Heat problems because of there flawless play then the A Team (which is healthy) should cause a whole world of trouble.

Spurs in 6

not saying much because miami beat them on their court without lebron and wade.

ztilzer31
06-05-2013, 03:06 PM
@LoveMeOrHateMe

You still miss the point of your buddy Amosier saying that if the Heat win the game is fixed. It's just another dumb comment to add to the long list from Amosier... and he wonders why people jump on him all the time when he says dumb stuff like that.

Captain Moroni
06-05-2013, 03:08 PM

They have changed the vernacular when referring to laying an egg. It's now called laying a Wade in the States and laying a Bosh in Canada.

So tony Parker laid a Wade (No pun intended) or Parker laid a Bosh. Eh.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Why can't you base stuff off previous years? He cracked under the pressure against the Thunder and 2011 Grizzlies. That shouldn't matter? Parker is not great playoff performer. He made his name off a rookie and hobbled Eric Snow.

So you're telling me you should go off of previous years, vs what he's doing now? And what he did against probably the best defensive backcourt in the league in the WCF?

Knick_Fever
06-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Wrong guy. I never guaranteed anything.

Longhornfan1234
06-05-2013, 03:22 PM
So you're telling me you should go off of previous years, vs what he's doing now? And what he did against probably the best defensive backcourt in the league in the WCF?

No...I'm basing it off whole body of work. Are we going to forget about Parker shooting 42% against a hobbled Curry? He had an amazing series against Memphis. TP dropped 24/9/53 FG% on Memphis, don't act like that's Parker's typical production

ryang
06-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Funny, the same shots that Harden made against the Spurs..and Ibaka, decided to clank against the Heat. If Harden doesn't shoot 60% from three, or Ibaka go 11 for 11 in a game..Collison/Perkins/Ibaka scoring 40+ points while only missing 2 shots the whole game it could easily have been a different story.

And I'm not one to usually complain about officiating..but it was pretty stupid games 4-6

Our defense had nothing to do with that I suppose? Or our style of running up down the court couldn't have taken there legs away which leads to missing your jumpshot huh? My point was pop can't and won't be the only reason the spurs win or lose. If that was the case the spurs would dominate almost every year. Pops a great coach. Wish I could have him as our coach instead of spo but a lot more goes into the finals then the coaches game plan or adjustments.

kdspurman
06-05-2013, 03:29 PM
No...I'm basing it off whole body of work. Are we going to forget about Parker shooting 42% against a hobbled Curry? He had an amazing series against Memphis. TP dropped 24/9/53 FG% on Memphis, don't act like that's Parker's typical production

Parker didn't shoot 42% against a hobbled Curry. Did you not see it was Klay guarding him and Barnes at times. And are you just going to ignore the fact that Parker was hobbled too? (ankle & calf) Or should that get brushed aside for the sake of the argument?

Hobbled against the Warriors, vs Healthy against the Grizz on the bigger stage. You don't think that's typical production yet those were not far from his season averages give or take a few points/assists.

ghettosean
06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
not saying much because miami beat them on their court without lebron and wade.

Yes but they were not full strength at that time (Manu did not play and Parker was not healthy and Bosh still played out of the big 3 in Miami)... So I don't really hold that as significant as the example of sending 4 of your 5 starts on the plane ride home and the B team almost wins against a fully healthy Heat team.

Much more note worthy don't you think?

ghettosean
06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Just to add to the previous post I think a full strength and healthy Spurs going up against Miami will pose more problems for them then there B team did back in November.

Just saying maybe I'm wrong but they look pretty damn focused right now on winning a championship!

Joshtd1
06-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Our defense had nothing to do with that I suppose? Or our style of running up down the court couldn't have taken there legs away which leads to missing your jumpshot huh? My point was pop can't and won't be the only reason the spurs win or lose. If that was the case the spurs would dominate almost every year. Pops a great coach. Wish I could have him as our coach instead of spo but a lot more goes into the finals then the coaches game plan or adjustments.

Pop not playing our most talented players and trying to match the thunder by going small hurt us in my opinion..so yea I think he screwed up there. He didn't adjust to Sefalosha guarding Parker either, and panicked by changing our starting lineup after losing 2 in a row..even though we had won 22 straight games.

I don't remember how the Heat guarded Harden or Ibaka, but Harden made every single shot with someone in his face..if someone is shooting 60% from three then you're screwed.

ztilzer31
06-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Pop not playing our most talented players and trying to match the thunder by going small hurt us in my opinion..so yea I think he screwed up there. He didn't adjust to Sefalosha guarding Parker either, and panicked by changing our starting lineup after losing 2 in a row..even though we had won 22 straight games.

I don't remember how the Heat guarded Harden or Ibaka, but Harden made every single shot with someone in his face..if someone is shooting 60% from three then you're screwed.

And as I said, i felt the officiating was pretty stupid in games 4-6 and it takes a lot for me to complain.

Harden choked hard in a couple games too. Games 3-4 he look shook. He started passing on shots he normally makes. OKC played like crap that finals.... I think officiating was fine. OKC just kept trying to out shoot the Heat. They looked great in game 1 when everyone was hitting their shots, but eventually Miami is gonna disrupt your rhythm

LBJ guarded Harden a lot. He really made Harden look silly through a lot of the playoffs. A lot of blame has to go on Westbrook too though. His 3-22 from 3's was horrible..

To say the officiating was the reason for OKC losing is silly IMO. They were missing their shots all series. Besides Kevin Durant many players didn't carry their own weight, and the big 3 played great.

Joshtd1
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
To say the officiating was the reason for OKC losing is silly IMO. They were missing their shots all series. Besides Kevin Durant many players didn't carry their own weight, and the big 3 played great.

I was actually referring to the officiating in games 4-6 in the Thunder-Spurs series.

Joshtd1
06-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Harden choked hard in a couple games too. Games 3-4 he look shook. He started passing on shots he normally makes. OKC played like crap that finals.... I think officiating was fine. OKC just kept trying to out shoot the Heat. They looked great in game 1 when everyone was hitting their shots, but eventually Miami is gonna disrupt your rhythm

LBJ guarded Harden a lot. He really made Harden look silly through a lot of the playoffs. A lot of blame has to go on Westbrook too though. His 3-22 from 3's was horrible..

The main difference between OKC and the Spurs though, is the Thunder play into Miami's hands because they have a lot of iso type offense from what I saw. Best way to break up a great defense is passing and ball movement, which is why I think we pose a much greater threat this year.

Knick_Fever
06-05-2013, 04:17 PM

Well I dont know what the gameplan was for that series but I know that a big factor was the thunder's bench. They started to hit shots and outscore spurs' bench from game 3 on. The big three for each team were pretty much even in terms of production. Another big difference between last year's spurs and this year is in TO's and Rebounds where last year Spurs were 9th in both rebounds and TO's in the playoffs. This year- 4th in both. Another eye popping difference: Last year Spurs were ranked 10th in defense; This year- 4th. They significantly improved on both ends.

Hardaway Here
06-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Miami in 5 or 6 most likely 6 don't see this going 7

jerellh528
06-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Spurs in 5, even though I hate the spurs they have everything it takes to beat miami and the spurs have the best coach in the game to boot.

ChicagoJ
06-05-2013, 04:40 PM
The spurs will be ready for this series. If they bring their a game they will win the series.

ztilzer31
06-05-2013, 04:42 PM
I was actually referring to the officiating in games 4-6 in the Thunder-Spurs series.

Oh my bad. I must of misread.

ztilzer31
06-05-2013, 04:43 PM
The main difference between OKC and the Spurs though, is the Thunder play into Miami's hands because they have a lot of iso type offense from what I saw. Best way to break up a great defense is passing and ball movement, which is why I think we pose a much greater threat this year.

I think the Spurs probably don't have as good of a starting 5 as OKC, but they have more depth. Which is very important vs. Miami.

bucketss
06-05-2013, 04:43 PM
wow a lot of people picking spurs in here, i hope you guys don't say "not impressive" if miami wins.

NYMetros
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Heat in 7.

jerellh528
06-05-2013, 04:57 PM
wow a lot of people picking spurs in here, i hope you guys don't say "not impressive" if miami wins.

Not as bad as justinum1. Good job :cheers:

JordansBulls
06-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Saw this thread on the Heat vs Mavs.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?616880-MAVS-VS-HEAT-2011-finals-(REMATCH)&p=17775419#post17775419

bucketss
06-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Saw this thread on the Heat vs Mavs.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?616880-MAVS-VS-HEAT-2011-finals-(REMATCH)&p=17775419#post17775419

Lol some guy said he'd bet his car heat don't get past the bulls Jajajjajajajja!

ryang
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Well I dont know what the gameplan was for that series but I know that a big factor was the thunder's bench. They started to hit shots and outscore spurs' bench from game 3 on. The big three for each team were pretty much even in terms of production. Another big difference between last year's spurs and this year is in TO's and Rebounds where last year Spurs were 9th in both rebounds and TO's in the playoffs. This year- 4th in both. Another eye popping difference: Last year Spurs were ranked 10th in defense; This year- 4th. They significantly improved on both ends.

You keep throwing out these stats as if they mean something. Every series is different. Do these stats take into account Lebron sitting in the 4th? Or all of the big 3 playing limited minutes because we have the game won just by showing up? I know your talking about the spurs right now but these stats are beyond pointless. It's the finals. Not round 1 or 2 or the conference championship. It's the two best teams in basketball going head to head. As far as matchups go the spurs haven't seen anything this year like there about to see. Not saying we're a lock but I feel pretty dam good about these matchups regardless of what the spurs did against golden state.

ATX
06-05-2013, 09:10 PM
One things for sure...These are THE 2 BEST teams this year. This is the Finals matchup I've been wanting all year...At least after I realized that the Lakers weren't going to be a threat to anyone this season. I see this as a toss up, and anyone saying a sweep either way is pretty much just being a hater. Personally, bias aside, I see the Heat in 7.

amos1er
06-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Spurs in 5.

ThaDubs
06-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Spurs lose in 5.

Fixed it up for ya

amos1er
06-06-2013, 03:49 AM
Fixed it up for ya

Haha. That was hilarious. :rolleyes:

ryang
06-06-2013, 05:02 AM
Spurs in 5.

Don't do heavy drugs. They rot the brain.

ryang
06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Spurs in 5.

Make a sig bet. If the Heat win you have a sig of Lebron holding his second trophy and the writing underneath will read "I love The Heat" for a year. If the spurs win you create whatever you want for a year. Deal? Maybe this will shut u up. But I know if you are wrong you'll just complain about how they were assembled and continue to rock that dumb*** sig comparing bosh and wade to magic and bird.

amos1er
06-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Don't do heavy drugs. They rot the brain.

What would you have said before the WCF started if someone picked the Spurs to sweep? I'm sure you probly would have laughed at that too. Fact is, the Spurs have been surprising this entire playoff run. Don't be shocked if they surprise you again. The Spurs are a very good team who just swept a 50+ win team. The Heat just took 7 games to beat a sub 50 win team. Do the math.

amos1er
06-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Make a sig bet. If the Heat win you have a sig of Lebron holding his second trophy and the writing underneath will read "I love The Heat" for a year. If the spurs win you create whatever you want for a year. Deal? Maybe this will shut u up. But I know if you are wrong you'll just complain about how they were assembled and continue to rock that dumb*** sig comparing bosh and wade to magic and bird.

Wade and Bosh in 2011 and 2012 could easily be compared to a 1992 Magic and Bird. Besides, it was Jordan who said it, not me.

I'll pass on the sig bet though. Even though I think the Spurs have a great chance at winning, I will never underestimate the power and influence of Stern and his henchmen. Something tells me that out of the two teams, the Spurs won't be the ones benefiting from the whistle 9 times out of 10.

jam
06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
He be scurred to do a sig bet. :)

LBJ6
06-06-2013, 07:24 AM
O oh... Amos is scared...

ThaDubs
06-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Wade and Bosh in 2011 and 2012 could easily be compared to a 1992 Magic and Bird. Besides, it was Jordan who said it, not me.

I'll pass on the sig bet though. Even though I think the Spurs have a great chance at winning, I will never underestimate the power and influence of Stern and his henchmen. Something tells me that out of the two teams, the Spurs won't be the ones benefiting from the whistle 9 times out of 10.

It doesn't matter how many games it took to get here. This is the finals and the best team will win. Almost anybody would tell you Miami has the best shot at winning, but I guess you have your reasons #1 being just another excuse to hate on LeBron and the Heat.