PDA

View Full Version : Juwan Howard

NeverSayNevur
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Is he the biggest ring chaser in NBA history or what?

Discuss.

MrfadeawayJB
06-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes

/thread

Ps: fisher too

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't want to sound sarcastic or condescending, but in all seriousness; it is my opinion that the whole Miami Heat culture is the "ring chase"

LAKobeBryant
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't want to sound sarcastic or condescending, but in all seriousness; it is my opinion that the whole Miami Heat culture is the "ring chase"

who doesn't want to ring chase

LAKobeBryant
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM

who doesn't want to ring chase

Chronz
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
As opposed to money chasing?

waveycrockett
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Derek Fisher/end thread

D-Leethal
06-03-2013, 11:24 PM
He did it when he was 38. LeBron did it when he was 26.

ManRam
06-03-2013, 11:25 PM
why is ring chasing looked down upon more than money chasing?

JLynn943
06-03-2013, 11:26 PM
It's definitely Fisher anyway.

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Because money chasing just doesn't have the same impact on fans minds as trying to stack a team as much as possible.

Fans will let players get their money. Hell, we aren't seeing any of it in our pockets.

When you start messing with the parity of the league then that bothers a lot of fans.

bleedprple&gold
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Can't blame him if the Heat want to keep signing him to basically be an assistant coach, why not?

ManRam
06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Because money chasing just doesn't have the same impact on fans minds as trying to stack a team as much as possible.

Fans will let players get their money. Hell, we aren't seeing any of it in our pockets.

When you start messing with the parity of the league then that bothers a lot of fans.

well first, juwan howard ain't messing with the parity of the league one bit :laugh:

secondly, players have no obligation to go to ****** teams that offer them more :shrug: it's called FREE agency for a reason.

ATX
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Riley has a relationship with Howard that dates back. Howard is a great teammate and leader, despite his basketball days being behind him. What's wrong with him taking the vet minimum to join a championship team and help even only as a vocal leader? Better Howard at the end of the bench than someone who wouldn't play anyways. Juwan Howard has done no wrong.

naps
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
So no more LeBron/Wade threads? What else next? I love how these pathetic losers are grabbing for straws to stay afloat on cup of beer LMFAO!

MTL_123
06-03-2013, 11:33 PM

at least their getting rings unlike your boy melo who just finally got out of the second round

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
well first, juwan howard ain't messing with the parity of the league one bit :laugh:

secondly, players have no obligation to go to ****** teams that offer them more :shrug: it's called FREE agency for a reason.

I'm referring to the Star players and quality role players on Miami as well. Howard is useless, but he's not doing anything different then the rest of the assembled team.

ThunderousDemon
06-03-2013, 11:40 PM
So no more LeBron/Wade threads? What else next? I love how these pathetic losers are grabbing for straws to stay afloat on cup of beer LMFAO!

You gots to chill!!

You seem really excited by your posts, I wouldn't want to see you get hurt.

Stay safe.

GoSpurs!!! You can do it!

[SPOILER TAG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGisre9xNU[/SPOILER TAG]

ManRam
06-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm referring to the Star players and quality role players on Miami as well. Howard is useless, but he's not doing anything different then the rest of the assembled team.

this thread is about howard, right?

lebron didn't get the help the kobes, shaqs, jordans, birds, russells, duncans etc. of the world got. so he left to get it. shoot him!

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 11:49 PM
this thread is about howard, right?

lebron didn't get the help the kobes, shaqs, jordans, birds, russells, duncans etc. of the world got. so he left to get it. shoot him!

It's not just LeBron. Bosh, Battier, Allen, etc.

It's the Miami Heat culture. This will be my last post in this thread so I don't get banned.

ManRam
06-04-2013, 12:14 AM

It's the Miami Heat culture. This will be my last post in this thread so I don't get banned.

I get why people are frustrated by it...I do.

But veterans like Juwan going to winning teams has been happening for a long time. The Lebron/Wade/Bosh thing is it's own thing, but bashing the vets like Allen, Battier, Howard, Lewis etc. is silly. That's been happening for decades now. Remember Karl and Gary going to the Lakers? Shaq bouncing around? Cassell and Posey going to Boston? Finley and Van Exel to the Spurs? The list goes on and on. The veterans-going-to-winning-teams is not something the Heat invented, or even perfected. That's not strictly a "heat culture" thing.

Slug3
06-04-2013, 12:21 AM
So is this thread about NBA playing trying to win rings?

RiceOnTheRun
06-04-2013, 12:29 AM
If by 'Heat Culture' you mean a players first culture, then yes. That's correct.

In Cleveland, Lebron was nothing more than a cash cow to Dan Gilbert. Obviously clear after his whole comic sans letter when Lebron left. After 8 years, you think he'd treat his star player with a little more respect wouldn't you? Regardless of what happens on the business side, simply as men you don't need to act that immature.

Pat Riley, Mickey Arison and the Miami Heat definitely put their players first. Most basketball players simply want respect, they get it from this front office. Obviously, Juwan Howard wasn't going to be a big contributor on the floor, but the personal value they give him is why they brought him back.

At the end of the day, it's not you, me or Dan Gilbert who has to live with Lebron's legacy. If he's about to enter the prime of his career and he's stuck on a mediocre treadmill then it's up to him to put himself in a better situation. Obviously it's selfish, and it sure as hell should be. He should do what he's happiest doing, the public doesn't deserve jack ******* from him.

Chrisclover
06-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Durant disappointed him for twice! last yr they still made it to the finals, whereas this yr ending unexpectedly in R2 . Fisher had done a great job this year, considering his tiny salary.
will he follow the path of Hill and Kidd to retire? he has already got 5 rings! maybe for this moment, he is chasing money , not rings.

Derek Fisher/end thread

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Juwan is a huge part of Miami. He's a veteran and I respect his presence.

LBJackpot
06-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Leave juwan out of this

MiamiBoy77
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Juwan Howard was a big mentor to lebron when he was coming into the league. That is why he was brought in last year to help lebron in tough situations as a mentor, and he was brought back this year to add the same type of maturity to the team and he has done that. He is not "ring chasing" he may as well be an assistant coach but is under player contract instead.

And, why does it matter? He still shows up everyday and battles with the heat. He's at the end of his career, why wouldn't he want to be with the best team he possibly can. At 38, if the heat and the bobcats offer him a contract, what would you do? He's not gonna retire. Moneys too gpod

ATX
06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
If by 'Heat Culture' you mean a players first culture, then yes. That's correct.

In Cleveland, Lebron was nothing more than a cash cow to Dan Gilbert. Obviously clear after his whole comic sans letter when Lebron left. After 8 years, you think he'd treat his star player with a little more respect wouldn't you? Regardless of what happens on the business side, simply as men you don't need to act that immature.

Pat Riley, Mickey Arison and the Miami Heat definitely put their players first. Most basketball players simply want respect, they get it from this front office. Obviously, Juwan Howard wasn't going to be a big contributor on the floor, but the personal value they give him is why they brought him back.

At the end of the day, it's not you, me or Dan Gilbert who has to live with Lebron's legacy. If he's about to enter the prime of his career and he's stuck on a mediocre treadmill then it's up to him to put himself in a better situation. Obviously it's selfish, and it sure as hell should be. He should do what he's happiest doing, the public doesn't deserve jack ******* from him.

A really good post. I especially agree with the last point.

2-ONE-5
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM

how are Battier and Allen ring chasers? The Heat do have to sign players they dont just play with 3 guys. Allen already has a ring too.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
i get why people are frustrated by it...i do.

But veterans like juwan going to winning teams has been happening for a long time. The lebron/wade/bosh thing is it's own thing, but bashing the vets like allen, battier, howard, lewis etc. Is silly. That's been happening for decades now. Remember karl and gary going to the lakers? Shaq bouncing around? Cassell and posey going to boston? Finley and van exel to the spurs? The list goes on and on. The veterans-going-to-winning-teams is not something the heat invented, or even perfected. That's not strictly a "heat culture" thing.

this.

WITZ
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Because its looked at as the "if ya can't beat em, join em" mentality.

beasted86
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Howard is not a ring chaser. The only ring chaser that I know of in the history of the league is Derek Fisher.

He essentially lied his way twice out of a contract with a lower tier playoff team to instead join a contender. He did it in Utah to leave and re-join the Lakers, and again in Dallas to leave and re-join the Thunder.

THAT is a ring chaser, not a guy who leaves in his own free agency after honoring his contract. If you don't force your way out via a trade or buyout, you aren't a ring chaser.

LongWayFromHome
06-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't like Juwan Howard. Ring chasing has nothing to do with it.