PDA

View Full Version : Paul George

TheScab
06-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Obviously this kid is not ready. The star player and best player on the floor in a critical game 7 becomes shell shocked after an excellent series. He's not even trying to will his team or even look to score. He simply looks scared. So much for this being "his" team. I'm sure this effort will hurt future revenue for him when looking for a deal. I really thought he could be a superstar.

barreleffact
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
He looked scared in the pregame shoot around

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Roy Hibbert was the best player on the floor all series for the Pacers. They didn't feed him enough.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-03-2013, 10:49 PM
It's his 3rd year in the league. 1st as the go to guy. He is guarding the best player in the world every minute he is on the court. Cut him some slack.

Edit: Also GUARDED by one of the best (if not THE best) defensive players in the game.

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
It's his 3rd year in the league. 1st as the go to guy. He is guarding the best player in the world every minute he is on the court. Cut him some slack.

Totally agree. He's playing the best player in the world with an absolutely stacked team.

waveycrockett
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Wait. I thought he was future MVP??

Kashmir13579
06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
George has been able to take nights off in this post season. Wade stepped up tonight, thats the difference.

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Dude. The Heat are stacked. It is what it is.

COOLbeans
06-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Struggled

ManRam
one bad game...

**** happens. i think he showed more good than anything else this series. let's pump the brakes a bit. everyone goes through these growing pains

Kashmir13579
Dude. The Heat are stacked. It is what it is.

troll/dupe alert

JerseyPalahniuk
06-03-2013, 10:56 PM

Yes, hecould be. In the FUTURE. Not this year. Didn't we also think Dwill was a superstar?

OldStyleCubbies
06-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Just turned 23 and is already an All-NBA player... he'll be fine.

ThunderousDemon
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
He might be a laker in 2014.

Lakers can offer him a poison pill contract.

BKdoubleStacker
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I am really interested in what happens with Granger.

LayBraun
06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I just thought it was funny the conclusions everyone immediately jumped too.

Will be a great player for years to come but superstar??? Hahahaha please

tallyzone7
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM

Dude give him a break. He gave it his all. Just came up short against a stacked team.

bucketss
06-03-2013, 11:08 PM
rudy > paul

OldStyleCubbies
06-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Idk how you could think he wont be a superstar?

Swashcuff
06-03-2013, 11:25 PM
rudy > paul

Which Rudy? Rudy Tomjanovich or Rudy LaRusso because u sure as HELL couldn't be talking about Rudy Gay.

Swashcuff
06-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Has anyone noticed the difference in George's game on the road as compared to home in this series? This game is far from unexpected from him. He's young he's going to learn from this, grow mentally and I guarantee you won't see such play from him on the road as compared to hime in his future. Kid is an absolute stud.

Placed himself firmly in the top 20 conversation going forward.

b@llhog24
06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
He's good but he's mo superstar and imo will never be one.

Ryan328
06-04-2013, 12:52 AM
I am really interested in what happens with Granger.

They gotta try & move Granger. Maybe for a SG or PG. Hes an expiring contract I believe. Someone might want him. If not, do you amnesty?

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:21 AM
He's young and was matched up against the best player in the NBA and a top 5 all time player and honestly a better team... So what if he had one bad game.. he had a great series.. I tip my hat to PAUL GEORGE...

Bruno
06-04-2013, 01:26 AM
paul george was born in 1990, he'll have his time.

he shrunk in the moment in Miami against LBJ, the best player in the league. take it less as a shot against george and more of a nod to LBJ and how great he is. he's young, was a bit over his head and was squeezed by a team desperate to win. taking miami to seven without Granger and a pathetic bench is a hell of an accomplishment and I fully expect Indiana/Miami at some point next post season.

smith&wesson
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
3rd year player.. Kids a beast.. Dudes are playing themselves in here.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Wow, did someone just say the Heat were stacked? Pacers dominated Wade/Bosh not one, not two, not three - well you know. 6 games, Wade and Bosh slacked. Pacers were in good position and would've won this series if it wasn't for James game 1 winning layup. Make no mistake, George is a good player. He's not quite ready to be a star. The true stars for the Pacers were Hibbert and West. Without those two, George would not stop James from driving to the paint and destroying him. Love George, reminds me a lot of Iguodala.. But he didn't rise to the occasion.

BKdoubleStacker
06-04-2013, 01:58 AM
he didnt rise to the occasion? lol he had a hell of a series, guarding LEBRON of all people. The kid was born in the 90s, id say what he did was pretty damn impressive

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 02:15 AM

I love how Heat fans are already hating on the kid. One thing you Heat fans can't argue is that Paul George is a much better player than Wade at this point and certainly more consistent. What's kind of sad is how much this kid has evolved and improved his game in 2 seasons where Wade has yet to even develop a consistent jump shot over his entire career.

George>Wade

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 02:16 AM
He's good but he's mo superstar and imo will never be one.

Wasn't Wade a superstar once? I'm pretty sure Paul George is already better than him.

Kobes a Killer
06-04-2013, 02:27 AM
He's young and was matched up against the best player in the NBA and a top 5 all time player and honestly a better team... So what if he had one bad game.. he had a great series.. I tip my hat to PAUL GEORGE...

Wait what?

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Wait what?

If James ain't an obvious top 5 player when his career is done, you need to stop watching the NBA.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 02:53 AM
the kid def has potential, but of course he isnt ready yet lol

however, he did have some nasty dunks this series, thats for sure.

5ass
06-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Wasn't Wade a superstar once? I'm pretty sure Paul George is already better than him.

george is better than prime wade? d-wade has had better seasons than kobe.

Dade County
06-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Obviously this kid is not ready. The star player and best player on the floor in a critical game 7 becomes shell shocked after an excellent series. He's not even trying to will his team or even look to score. He simply looks scared. So much for this being "his" team. I'm sure this effort will hurt future revenue for him when looking for a deal. I really thought he could be a superstar.

George is where he should be... A young talented player that is dealing with the NBA growing pains.

But I am not fooled by the league & the HEAT/Lbj, just like I wasn't fooled by the HEAT vs C's series last season; The Miami HEAT are stacked (top heavy), the league controls them... End of story.

PacersForLife
06-04-2013, 04:50 AM
Paul is obviously still young. Young players have to go through growing pains and this was just one of them. None of the greats were just winning championships right out of the gate. He'll grow and mature as a basketball player and he has all summer to think about that game 7 and the series in general.

IKnowHoops
06-04-2013, 04:56 AM

I'd take him over Melo right now. Hell be a superstar in 2 years tops. He may come out like tmac next year even. Dude has a sweet 3, is super athletic. Guaranteed superstar.

JEDean89
06-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Paul George is the real deal, a long athletic durant type SF with worse scoring but better defensive instincts. considering this was his 3rd season he is definitely looking good to be a top 3 SF in a couple years. I think him and Hibbert are as good a duo as you can ask for, if they can move Granger and Lance for Bledsoe and Butler they are butter for years.

IKnowHoops
06-04-2013, 05:39 AM
If James ain't an obvious top 5 player when his career is done, you need to stop watching the NBA.

x10

ldawg
06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Would love to see him schooled by Kobe. I would love to also see him playing on the Lakers.

BALLER R
06-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Losing like this is good for him. Should make him want it more next season. I expect a big year from him.

BALLER R
06-04-2013, 08:32 AM
If the pacers add 3pt shooting to their bench and better role players. They will be in the finals next year.

nycericanguy
06-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Wow, did someone just say the Heat were stacked? Pacers dominated Wade/Bosh not one, not two, not three - well you know. 6 games, Wade and Bosh slacked. Pacers were in good position and would've won this series if it wasn't for James game 1 winning layup. Make no mistake, George is a good player. He's not quite ready to be a star. The true stars for the Pacers were Hibbert and West. Without those two, George would not stop James from driving to the paint and destroying him. Love George, reminds me a lot of Iguodala.. But he didn't rise to the occasion.

Of course they're stacked dude...

I was watching that game and saw Wade, Ray Allen, Bosh, & LBJ on the floor, and I'm thinking to myself, damn, who does IND help off?

I mean I think IND matches up well with MIA, but MIA has far and away more talent... People act like Wade is done or something, the guy is playing hurt.

Look at these two guys PER 36 in the playoffs

player a) 14.5ppg 5.1rpg 5.0apg 1.6spg .9blk 45% FG

player b) 16.8ppg 6.5rpg 4.4apg 1.2spg .4bpg 43% fg

pretty damn similar right?

Player A is Wade, B is Paul George, yet George is being called a superstar by most and Wade is now done?

Like I said, people get carried away, Wade even injured and having a poor playoff showing is still playing at the level of IND's "superstar" and go to guy... that in itself says something about just how much talent LBJ has around him.

George will be back next year though, these are growing pains that every young player has to go through.

BklynKnicks3
06-04-2013, 09:01 AM
he has the game and mind set of a number 2 option why do people always over react with what hot at the moment. Like parker best pg Paul george superstar. Both are far from true

bucketss
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM

I was watching that game and saw Wade, Ray Allen, Bosh, & LBJ on the floor, and I'm thinking to myself, damn, who does IND help off?

I mean I think IND matches up well with MIA, but MIA has far and away more talent... People act like Wade is done or something, the guy is playing hurt.

Player A is Wade, B is Paul George, yet George is being called a superstar by most and Wade is now done?

Like I said, people get carried away, Wade even injured and having a poor playoff showing is still playing at the level of IND's "superstar" and go to guy... that in itself says something about just how much talent LBJ has around him.

George will be back next year though, these are growing pains that every young player has to go through.

pg being a superstar has got to be a joke, he isn't and never will be.

nycericanguy
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
pg being a superstar has got to be a joke, he isn't and never will be.

I don't think he'll be a superstar in terms of LBJ, Durant...but he'll be an all around superstar I think

a 20/8/5 kinda guy with good defense.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 09:17 AM

Absolutely NO ONE is calling Paul George a superstar, what they are calling him is a superstar of the future. That's totally different.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
You wanna know when a player is really good? When insecure fans from other teams start bashing him. We see it with Kobephiles who are afraid Bron passes him and we're seeing it with other fan bases. Smh.

Minimal
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
The only problem I have with Paul George is that people actually think that he is the best player on the Pacers team, not Hibbert.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-04-2013, 09:39 AM
You wanna know when a player is really good? When insecure fans from other teams start bashing him. We see it with Kobephiles who are afraid Bron passes him and we're seeing it with other fan bases. Smh.

Very true.....It's a PSD disease! haha

b@llhog24
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Neither are playing like superstars. I never get why people use another person's rankings to justify a point that they're making. If you believe that PG (who still has played better than Wade this post season) is a superstar, then you have a fairly wide definition of what a superstar is.

b@llhog24
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
The only problem I have with Paul George is that people actually think that he is the best player on the Pacers team, not Hibbert.

This!

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Question. How is Roy Hibbert better than Paul George?

Hibbert is more essential to his team's D (one of the most underrated defenses in the history of the game yeah you hear me right) and that's about it. Hibbert feasted on Miami's inability to defend the post and rebound effectively. Where would this Hibbert be against Marc Gasol (9.5 points on 39% shooting), Tim Duncan (6 points on 24% from the field against the Spurs this season), Tyson Chandler (5.5 points on 41% shooting) etc?

In case you guys didn't notice Paul George is younger than Hibbert, proved that he can play at an all star level over the course of an entire season (Hibbert didn't play that well for the whole of last season) and is already better offensively by quite a large margin, he also went up against Wade, Bron, Ray Ray and Battier (arguably the best offensive and defensive perimeter foursome in the NBA) on both ends of the floor and held his own quite well and even outshining Bron in some instances. Hibbert went up against Birdman, Bosh, Haslem and Joel Anthony. Is there really any comparison there.

Using this series as a barometer as to why Hibbert is better than George is completely inaccurate. When Hibbert scores and rebounds like this for the entirety of the season I'd see him being better than George. His D while all world really isn't that much better than George its because he plays a more impactful defensive position is where his importance lies.

2-ONE-5
06-04-2013, 10:07 AM

it didnt hurt Harden.

so bcuz he played poorly in game 7 of the ECF against the best team and player in the league he cant be a star? sorry Indy doesnt get this far without him. Ddue is like 23 years old, relax clown

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Who is the Pacer's most consistent player?

Hint: it's neither PG nor Hibbert!

Riodagoat
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
It's only his 3rd year. Cut him some slack. He's earned a lot of respect from me since LBJ is one of my favorite player and George's play style reminds me of Lebron. He's also already a better perimeter shooter than Lebron was in his 3rd year.

Avenged
06-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Not sure if serious or....

Westbrook36
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
OBVIOUSLY!!!!

Really..Third year, 23 years old, and his first time making a deep run in the playoffs as the number one option. As people have stated he had to defend the best player in the league in LeBron and be guarded by him during parts of the game. We only have very few superstars in this league, George has potential to be in the second tier in the star category.

ChitownBears22
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
PG is good. Still finding his game. He could be a superstar but currently it is a firm no. Not enough data.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-04-2013, 02:40 PM
HEAT FANS:

To everyone single one of you who say "he didn't rise to the occasion." What did Lebron do in his first two finals? This kid will learn. It was his deepest playoff run. He said it himself after the game "I did not prepare during to off season as the go to guy. I know what it takes now." The pacers lost their best offensive player for the year and he had to adjust on the fly and finally possesed the confidence to step up DURING THE PLAYOFFS. He will be back. As will the Pacers.

CutiePie
06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't know much about his game, but he is by far the sexiest player in the NBA.

pacman16
06-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Bingo, Hibbert easily emerged as the pacers MVP and MIP.. pacers have a very strong future with this core

TrueFan420
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Question. How is Roy Hibbert better than Paul George?

Hibbert is more essential to his team's D (one of the most underrated defenses in the history of the game yeah you hear me right) and that's about it. Hibbert feasted on Miami's inability to defend the post and rebound effectively. Where would this Hibbert be against Marc Gasol (9.5 points on 39% shooting), Tim Duncan (6 points on 24% from the field against the Spurs this season), Tyson Chandler (5.5 points on 41% shooting) etc?

In case you guys didn't notice Paul George is younger than Hibbert, proved that he can play at an all star level over the course of an entire season (Hibbert didn't play that well for the whole of last season) and is already better offensively by quite a large margin, he also went up against Wade, Bron, Ray Ray and Battier (arguably the best offensive and defensive perimeter foursome in the NBA) on both ends of the floor and held his own quite well and even outshining Bron in some instances. Hibbert went up against Birdman, Bosh, Haslem and Joel Anthony. Is there really any comparison there.

Using this series as a barometer as to why Hibbert is better than George is completely inaccurate. When Hibbert scores and rebounds like this for the entirety of the season I'd see him being better than George. His D while all world really isn't that much better than George its because he plays a more impactful defensive position is where his importance lies.
This

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
He just needs to improve his handles, dribble drives and dribble pull ups. He's already half way there.

TheLegend
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Wow! The Paul George hate says less about Paul George, but more about some of these fan's knowledge of the game. Paul George is 23 yrs old and held his own against the best player in the game. He defended LBJ for 48 mins while still being the facilitator/scorer for his team. He's unselfish and plays both ends of the court at a high level. The guy is nowhere near his potential IMO. And to hate on him shows the level of knowledge that is displayed in here on this forum. A lot of you are really embarrassing yourself and don't even know it. I love PGs game. Plays defense and doesn't do all that flopping. Plays the game hard and with dignity, isn't a dirty player and looks to get his teammates involved. How do you knock that? Never been a pacers fan but as a basketball fan you have to respect that if u have any type of common sense.

D-Leethal
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Best part was when he called Chalmers a "flopping azz *****"

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow! The Paul George hate says less about Paul George, but more about some of these fan's knowledge of the game. Paul George is 23 yrs old and held his own against the best player in the game. He defended LBJ for 48 mins while still being the facilitator/scorer for his team. He's unselfish and plays both ends of the court at a high level. The guy is nowhere near his potential IMO. And to hate on him shows the level of knowledge that is displayed in here on this forum. A lot of you are really embarrassing yourself and don't even know it. I love PGs game. Plays defense and doesn't do all that flopping. Plays the game hard and with dignity, isn't a dirty player and looks to get his teammates involved. How do you knock that? Never been a pacers fan but as a basketball fan you have to respect that if u have any type of common sense.

It's primarily Heat fans who are hating on the kid because they feel threatened by the fact that George is already a much better player than Wade.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 04:58 PM
It's primarily Heat fans who are hating on the kid because they feel threatened by the fact that George is already a much better player than Wade.

George doesn't deserve the praise that he got. James would've destroyed George on the paint if it weren't for West/Hibbert. West/Hibbert were the real threat.

STAT1
06-04-2013, 05:04 PM
George doesn't deserve the praise that he got. James would've destroyed George on the paint if it weren't for West/Hibbert. West/Hibbert were the real threat.

If it werent for defenders being able to leave Stevenson, George would have had a lot more points from drives and free throws.

SteveNash
06-04-2013, 05:05 PM
one bad game...

**** happens. i think he showed more good than anything else this series. let's pump the brakes a bit. everyone goes through these growing pains

Three bad games, 0 great games.

Paul George is who he is, a solid role player forced to create offense on a weak offensive team. Disappeared way to many times, and couldn't stop turning the ball over.

Jimmy Butler was definitely better than George playing against LeBron and Kawhi should be as well.

STAT1
06-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I don't get the hate when George guarded Lebron the whole series and held his own but Lebron only guarded George in 4th quarters and game 7.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't get the hate when George guarded Lebron the whole series and held his own but Lebron only guarded George in 4th quarters and game 7.

And what happened in game 7?

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 06:09 PM
And what happened in game 7?

The Heat doubled George everytime he touched the ball. They basically forced the ball out of his hands and without any good spot up shooters, what else could he do?

Seriously, stop with the hate on this kid. He is a star in the making and currently a much better two way player than Wade. It's only a matter of time and experience.

UPRock
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
George is already the 3rd best SF in the game RIGHT NOW.

seikou8
06-04-2013, 06:19 PM
George is already the 3rd best SF in the game RIGHT NOW.

he is not better melo

UPRock
06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
The Heat doubled George everytime he touched the ball. They basically forced the ball out of his hands and without any good spot up shooters, what else could he do?

Seriously, stop with the hate on this kid. He is a star in the making and currently a much better two way player than Wade. It's only a matter of time and experience.

Why you keep mentioning Wade in every post?? George is not better than Wade yet, you know what a healthy Wade is capable of doing.

UPRock
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
he is not better melo

And you're right, I missed Melo. He's the fourth best SF in the game.

seikou8
06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
And you're right, I missed Melo. He's the fourth best SF in the game.

he can be in season or 2 and does move down to sg with the return of danny

UPRock
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
he can be in season or 2 and does move down to sg with the return of danny

Danny is probably going to get traded or released, George is their option at SF.

SlimKid
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner

Supreme LA
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Why you keep mentioning Wade in every post?? George is not better than Wade yet, you know what a healthy Wade is capable of doing.

A healthy Wade? Still isn't better than Paul George. George is already the better man and team defender, better shooter, and is already passed Wade at finishing at the basket. The only thing Wade is better at this point is flopping and *****ing for calls.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
a healthy wade? Still isn't better than paul george. George is already the better man and team defender, better shooter, and is already passed wade at finishing at the basket. The only thing wade is better at this point is flopping and *****ing for calls.

lol

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Danny is probably going to get traded or released, George is their option at SF.

You can't release Danny Granger. Paul George was better last season (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Paul-George-vs-Danny-Granger|202331,101122;year=201112;season=r) when he played with Granger, why would you release (even though that's not going to happen) Danny Granger when he George played best when Granger was next to him?

That doesn't make sense.

The Pacers biggest problem was offense, spacing and playmaking to be exact. Granger doesn't help with the play making (though George does get more assists with Granger on the floor than without him) but he sure as hell helps with spacing. The only thing the Pacers do with Granger is trade him for an upgrade at the PG, SG or PF (and with West making his intentions of staying in Indy open may just be PG and SG). If not Granger slides back in at the SF and George moves over to the SG.

They really don't miss a beat, George may not have as many looks as he did this season but that's to the benefit of the Pacers because he'd be scoring more efficiently and they'd be a better team on the offensive end,

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
You can't release Danny Granger. Paul George was better last season (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Paul-George-vs-Danny-Granger|202331,101122;year=201112;season=r) when he played with Granger, why would you release (even though that's not going to happen) Danny Granger when he George played best when Granger was next to him?

That doesn't make sense.

The Pacers biggest problem was offense, spacing and playmaking to be exact. Granger doesn't help with the play making (though George does get more assists with Granger on the floor than without him) but he sure as hell helps with spacing. The only thing the Pacers do with Granger is trade him for an upgrade at the PG, SG or PF (and with West making his intentions of staying in Indy open may just be PG and SG). If not Granger slides back in at the SF and George moves over to the SG.

They really don't miss a beat, George may not have as many looks as he did this season but that's to the benefit of the Pacers because he'd be scoring more efficiently and they'd be a better team on the offensive end,

well thats assuming that granger plays efficiently, which he does have his moments, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

I honestly am curious as to what the Pacers will do with granger, because let's face it, with granger playing, that limits the touches on george and stevenson.. it may be a good thing or bad time will tell I guess..

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
The Pacers were 9.3 points per 48 better last season with Granger on the floor than they were without him, why do you "release" that? That's confusing, he didn't even have that good of a season and he was making their offense way better.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/team-vs-player.html#Pacers-vs-Danny-Granger|1610612754,101122;year=201112;season=r

The were better with Danny Granger last year on both ends of the floor, I don't see the logic everyone is throwing to get rid of him. They'd be better off trading Stephenson and Hill in search of a better better starting PG than trading Granger for one.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
well thats assuming that granger plays efficiently, which he does have his moments, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

I honestly am curious as to what the Pacers will do with granger, because let's face it, with granger playing, that limits the touches on george and stevenson.. it may be a good thing or bad time will tell I guess..

See the post above. Stephenson is truly the most overrated player on the Pacers after this playoffs not Paul George, he isn't a starter at the two guard in this league, literally the only thing he did was a couple good games and isn't anything special defensively.

I don't understand what's the big deal about Lance tbh, nothing about him says starter material to me on that team, they're starved for offense so why on earth do you worry about a MUCH better offensive player taking touches away from him?

Also Granger not efficient? What are you talking about? Every single season of his career he has been above league average in terms of TS% (even in her down years). That's preposterous.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
The Pacers were 9.3 points per 48 better last season with Granger on the floor than they were without him, why do you "release" that? That's confusing, he didn't even have that good of a season and he was making their offense way better.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/team-vs-player.html#Pacers-vs-Danny-Granger|1610612754,101122;year=201112;season=r

The were better with Danny Granger last year on both ends of the floor, I don't see the logic everyone is throwing to get rid of him. They'd be better off trading Stephenson and Hill in search of a better better starting PG than trading Granger for one.

well i mean cmon now.. the reason why in 2011 granger was better on than off, was because they had barbosa stinking up the joint, and paul george is a much better player now than in 2011..

it would be interesting to see how they all play now.. west also had a bigger impact this year as well compared to 2011.

not to mention hibbert and co improved as well..

so yes the pacers were better with granger on the court in 2011-12, however does that mean that they will be better now? well we will find out next season now wont we?

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
See the post above. Stephenson is truly the most overrated player on the Pacers after this playoffs not Paul George, he isn't a starter at the two guard in this league, literally the only thing he did was a couple good games and isn't anything special defensively.

I don't understand what's the big deal about Lance tbh, nothing about him says starter material to me on that team, they're starved for offense so why on earth do you worry about a MUCH better offensive player taking touches away from him?

Also Granger not efficient? What are you talking about? Every single season of his career he has been above league average in terms of TS% (even in her down years). That's preposterous.

...lance is a tough defender, and i believe he improved a lot from last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stephla01.html

everything from his ws/48, efg, ts, basic stats are much much better than last year. assuming he replaced dahntay jones, i say he is doing a phenomenal job.
and dude granger is an ineffecient player. i mean heck in 2011 he didnt even lead his own team in TS% nor PER..

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
well i mean cmon now.. the reason why in 2011 granger was better on than off, was because they had barbosa stinking up the joint, and paul george is a much better player now than in 2011..

it would be interesting to see how they all play now.. west also had a bigger impact this year as well compared to 2011.

not to mention hibbert and co improved as well..

so yes the pacers were better with granger on the court in 2011-12, however does that mean that they will be better now? well we will find out next season now wont we?

That's 2012 Granger bro, Hibbert was better last season than he was this year, George Hill as well. Also I think its clear that you didn't understand the stats in which you were reading.

We sure will see next year but the idiotic notion that Granger will hurt that team couldn't be more foolish. Lance Stephenson is the starting SG LANCE STEPHENSON, he isn't starters material offensively, he isn't starters material defensively why worry about a him losing minutes/touches to a player than is above average for a starter offensively and defensively. Makes no sense.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
That's 2012 Granger bro, Hibbert was better last season than he was this year, George Hill as well. Also I think its clear that you didn't understand the stats in which you were reading.

We sure will see next year but the idiotic notion that Granger will hurt that team couldn't be more foolish. Lance Stephenson is the starting SG LANCE STEPHENSON, he isn't starters material offensively, he isn't starters material defensively why worry about a him losing minutes/touches to a player than is above average for a starter offensively and defensively. Makes no sense.

I hear you on that one, I guess we shall see if he will benefit or hurt the team next season I guess. and who know maybe people mean that by him playing it would kind of stunt the growth of other pacer players?

anyways we shall find out, i guess.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 07:23 PM
...lance is a tough defender, and i believe he improved a lot from last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stephla01.html

everything from his ws/48, efg, ts, basic stats are much much better than last year. assuming he replaced dahntay jones, i say he is doing a phenomenal job.
and dude granger is an ineffecient player. i mean heck in 2011 he didnt even lead his own team in TS% nor PER..

My dude you're misusing stats. Not leading your team in TS% or PER does not make you inefficient.

There were years Wade didn't lead his team in TS% does that make him inefficient?

Please don't attempt to quote stats if you don't understand how to use them, if you want help understanding them ask Chronz, Hawkeye15, PatsSoxKnicks, tredigs etc

Did Lance Stephenson improve as a player? Hell yes he did, does that mean that he's a better starting option than Danny Granger? No. He isn't better defensively and he isn't comparable offensively. Coming off the bench however he'd be a nice piece since their bench is already so weak.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Debunking this Danny Granger innefficient myth. Don't have a clue where it came from. :confused:

Year PER LgPER TS% Lg TS%
2005-06 14.7 N/A 54.0 53.5
2006-07 13.9 12.3 57.3 54.1
2007-08 16.7 12.4 57.1 54.0
2008-09 21.8 12.8 58.4 54.4
2009-10 19.8 12.7 56.4 54.3
2010-11 17.8 12.4 55.4 54.2
2011-12 18.6 12.8 54.2 52.7

Above league average in every single full season he's been in the league in terms of TS% and PER. Wanna compare him to starting SFs? Go right ahead, he's above average against those guys in those aspects as well. Granger not efficient? Get that crap outta here.

Heediot
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM

Not really. if he gets a full Max offer, Indy can match.

KnickaBocka.44
06-04-2013, 08:50 PM

Paul George is who he is, a solid role player forced to create offense on a weak offensive team. Disappeared way to many times, and couldn't stop turning the ball over.

Jimmy Butler was definitely better than George playing against LeBron and Kawhi should be as well.

You're kidding with this, right? Paul George is in his 3rd year in the league and has never had this kind of burden on him on offense. He wasn't even supposed to be the best wing scorer on the team

As for your second point, neither of those guys have the same offensive responsibilities that George does.

OceanSpray
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Debunking this Danny Granger innefficient myth. Don't have a clue where it came from. :confused:

Year PER LgPER TS% Lg TS%
2005-06 14.7 N/A 54.0 53.5
2006-07 13.9 12.3 57.3 54.1
2007-08 16.7 12.4 57.1 54.0
2008-09 21.8 12.8 58.4 54.4
2009-10 19.8 12.7 56.4 54.3
2010-11 17.8 12.4 55.4 54.2
2011-12 18.6 12.8 54.2 52.7

Above league average in every single full season he's been in the league in terms of TS% and PER. Wanna compare him to starting SFs? Go right ahead, he's above average against those guys in those aspects as well. Granger not efficient? Get that crap outta here.

Granger is more of a liability than an asset. Those numbers are good and all but Pacers wouldn't have gotten as far as they did if Granger played. Remember last year? George was practically useless because Granger hogged all the attention. Remember how Granger kept getting frustrated with his game that he kept trying to fight LeBron? Dude is not an asset at all. If I were the Pacers, I'd look to get J.R Smith and resign David West. I don't know how Granger+George is going to work. Either one of them is going to get the lesser role.

Swashcuff
06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Granger is more of a liability than an asset. Those numbers are good and all but Pacers wouldn't have gotten as far as they did if Granger played. Remember last year? George was practically useless because Granger hogged all the attention. Remember how Granger kept getting frustrated with his game that he kept trying to fight LeBron? Dude is not an asset at all. If I were the Pacers, I'd look to get J.R Smith and resign David West. I don't know how Granger+George is going to work. Either one of them is going to get the lesser role.

Okay thank you for you great analysis of Danny Granger's game and his role on his team. You're the same one who called him a cancer and seem still butt hurt of how he got in your boys faces in that series, its clear that you don't know jack about Granger outside of a series that you watched in the post season.

ThunderousDemon
06-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Not really. if he gets a full Max offer, Indy can match.

The Lakers will have enough cap space to make Paul George an offer the Pacers can't match without crippling their team financially.

This is only possible if he doesn't extend his rookie contract.

This is still possible even if the Lakers sign Dwight.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/7617/20130604/los-angeles-lakers-trade-rumors-paul-george.htm

http://www.lakersnation.com/is-pacers-paul-george-a-feasible-lakers-option-next-off-season/2013/05/23/

ChitownSports16
06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm just not sold on him being a "superstar" in a few years. Just dont see it in him.

TheLegend
06-05-2013, 12:49 AM

Sounds silly, Paul George is way better than both these guys.

Hustla23
06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Roy Hibbert far and away was the best player for the Pacers this series. Without him I doubt they win a single game, even with the efforts of George, who also played well.

Pacerlive
06-05-2013, 08:56 AM
The Lakers will have enough cap space to make Paul George an offer the Pacers can't match without crippling their team financially.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/7617/20130604/los-angeles-lakers-trade-rumors-paul-george.htm

http://www.lakersnation.com/is-pacers-paul-george-a-feasible-lakers-option-next-off-season/2013/05/23/

You obviously don't know our owner. He has paid the LT multiple times even when he was losing money on the team. Keep dreaming Laker fan.

IndyRealist
06-05-2013, 11:38 AM

No they can't, because:

1) He's going to a max, or near max player. Everyone is going to pay him roughly the same, and
2) The Pacers are nowhere near the luxury tax in 2014.

IndyRealist
06-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Roy Hibbert far and away was the best player for the Pacers this series. Without him I doubt they win a single game, even with the efforts of George, who also played well.

Thank you! Everyone is enamoring with flashy wing players, and ignores the fact that Roy annihilates teams on both ends of the floor. If he didn't play half the season with a wrist injury, he'd be an 18/12/3 player.

IndyRealist
06-05-2013, 11:45 AM

The Pacers only have $30M in salary for 2014. That article is completely wrong. The whole point of a poison pill is that it forces teams to go over the luxury tax at some point. Aside from Hibbert's max deal, every player going forward with a multi-year deal has a flat contract with no raises precisely to AVOID a poison pill. Just because you see it on the internet, doesn't make it true.

ThunderousDemon
06-05-2013, 12:01 PM
The Pacers only have $30M in salary for 2014. That article is completely wrong. The whole point of a poison pill is that it forces teams to go over the luxury tax at some point. Aside from Hibbert's max deal, every player going forward with a multi-year deal has a flat contract with no raises precisely to AVOID a poison pill. Just because you see it on the internet, doesn't make it true.

We'll see.

IndyRealist
06-05-2013, 12:11 PM
We'll see.

Indiana saw what happened to New York, and has structured their contracts to avoid the luxury tax. Instead of taking some random internet writier's word for it, look for yourself.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm

Bravo95
06-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Star? Yes.

Superstar? Not quite. That's a special breed.

SteveNash
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
You're kidding with this, right? Paul George is in his 3rd year in the league and has never had this kind of burden on him on offense. He wasn't even supposed to be the best wing scorer on the team

As for your second point, neither of those guys have the same offensive responsibilities that George does.

Kawhi and Butler are in their second year.

Paul George tried and failed to be a superstar this year, he's still got a long long ways to go. Unfortunately for Indiana they might have to pay him max money. Butler and Kawhi don't try to do to much and will be better players and a better value for it.

AlexTmz2
06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
This was his first appearance in the ECF. The guy is still super young and IMO, he's a SUPER star in the making. Give him some time guys, damn lol.

TheLegend
06-05-2013, 06:25 PM

Paul George had Lebron James guarding him. Hibbert, at 7'2 had guys and power forwards like Haslem and bosh guarding him.

MonroeFAN
06-05-2013, 06:47 PM
wtf kind of topic is this?

Bann the OP for general stupidity, he's a 3rd year player who had games of 28 & 12 against Lebron. I hope the Pistons throw every cent they have at him.

KnickaBocka.44
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Kawhi and Butler are in their second year.

Paul George tried and failed to be a superstar this year, he's still got a long long ways to go. Unfortunately for Indiana they might have to pay him max money. Butler and Kawhi don't try to do to much and will be better players and a better value for it.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Regardless of it being 2nd or 3rd year, both of those players are surrounded with much greater offensive players so they aren't relied upon to the same extent that George is on both ends of the floor.

Paul George was forced to be his teams star this year and in helping get them to the ECF and earning an All-Star spot on the way I would say it was a success. He didn't try to do anything. His team's leader went down and he stepped up. I don't see how you can criticize him for that.

If anything, this season will make him better going forward. It certainly doesn't define him as a player, which is what you are saying.