PDA

View Full Version : For The Good Of The League, You Should Want The Heat To Win Tonight

HeatDynasty1213
06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
The NBA just had a lockout last season, it's not in a good spot economically as a league. If the Pacers were to win that would set up a Pacers-Spurs Finals that would have a woeful lack of interest because most don't care about either team and both are boring teams. A Finals with almost nobody watching would not help the League and could go a long way in causing future lockouts/strikes. I know people hate the Heat (although I'm not sure why, jealousy I suppose) but they're the League's only hope for a Finals that people care about. For the good of the League we all enjoy, cheer for the Heat tonight!

RLundi
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
A great many people will disagree with you.

You've been warned.

b@llhog24
06-03-2013, 06:01 PM
It's not that serious.

NetsPaint
06-03-2013, 06:03 PM
LeBron isn't that exciting.

kduce
06-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I understand and agree that the Heat in the finals will get more viewing, but that's fundamentally whats wrong with the league IMO. The NFL has good players playing for almost every team so on any given night there is someone worth watching in almost every game. In the NBA all of the good players are on a handful of teams and it makes national attention on 70% of the teams almost non existent. Why have all of the good players stacked on certain teams and setting yourself up for underwhelming the audience on most of your teams? Doesnt make sense to me. I'll be glad when the luxury tax starts forcing some players to spread out to other teams.

TeamSeattle
06-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I understand and agree that the Heat in the finals will get more viewing, but that's fundamentally whats wrong with the league IMO. The NFL has good players playing for almost every team so on any given night there is someone worth watching in almost every game. In the NBA all of the good players are on a handful of teams and it makes national attention on 70% of the teams almost non existent. Why have all of the good players stacked on certain teams and setting yourself up for underwhelming the audience on most of your teams? Doesnt make sense to me. I'll be glad when the luxury tax starts forcing some players to spread out to other teams.

This.

It would actually make Stern look good if Indiana won this.

HeatDynasty1213
06-03-2013, 06:09 PM
LeBron isn't that exciting.

Wut?

You make a couple decent points, still disagree though.

ChitownBears22
06-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Stupid Thread

mp3
06-03-2013, 06:17 PM
/thread

ThunderousDemon
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
A Heat fan created a thread wanting support of his team to win tonight.

:yawn:

ChitownBears22
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
A Heat fan created a thread wanting support of his team to win tonight.

:yawn:

He isn't even a HEAT fan. He is just a troll who does this to make HEAT fans look pompous and stupid.

TrueFan420
06-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Close this trash

Slug3
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
All I know is I want Miami to earn it and not be given it.

ManRam
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
the nba as whole isn't hurting financially.

small markets in the finals would be awesome. go pacers!

ChitownBears22
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
For the good of the league I hope this game goes in the OT56 that would be nuttttttttts

TeamSeattle
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Good stuff man, got respect for this guy. Good luck.

HeatDynasty1213
06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
He isn't even a HEAT fan. He is just a troll who does this to make HEAT fans look pompous and stupid.

What? Do you have any proof of this? I am in fact a Heat fan, a very confident one, yes. But I should be damn confident in my team, they're the best in the League for a reason.

HeatDynasty1213
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM

I wasn't implying the refs should throw it in our favor, we're too good for that.

Legitimate
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Are you kidding me? David Stern wants the pacers to win, it's for all the marbles and all the economic value it will bring. Wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers big three tonight is the refs. = )

ChitownBears22
06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
What? Do you have any proof of this? I am in fact a Heat fan, a very confident one, yes. But I should be damn confident in my team, they're the best in the League for a reason.

Yeah you have only showed up twice this season. During the 27 game win streak and now. And during that time you have just posted non-sense that seems like obvious trolling to annoy non-heat fans and make real heat fans look pompous and arrogant.

ManRam
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM

so far every game has certainly been earned. to reason to suggest otherwise (especially since most of those suggestions would be one-directional). if anything the team that normally "gets the calls" has been the team that hasn't.

you'll hear whining either way.

i think/hope they just let them play.

SteveNash
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Truth, Indiana doesn't deserve to be in the Finals, bad basketball team that would continue to erode regular season viewership.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
More ratings does not transpire into more money. The NBA already has a TV deal in place with TNT, ABC, ESPN. That means they already got paid for this season and specifically the finals. Which means if one person watched the 2013 NBA finals, the NBA will still get all the money their contract called for.

The only people that benifit from large ratings would be the T.V companies who sell air time to advertisers. The T.V company tells the advertisers that they can expect a certain share of viewers during a certain time slot. Which allows them to charge a certain dollar amount per minute of air time.

The NBA sees none of this money from you sitting on your @$$ watching the game with your tin foil on your head and your conspiracy theorys.

The only time that the NBA could use these and other years ratings is when it is time to negotiate a new deal with the TV networks. They will use an average of the number of viewers for the duration of the last contract and try to base their negotiations off that number.

daboywonder2002
06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
i think 2 small market teams in the finals would be great for the nba. besides, this isnt the superbowl. where a bunch of unknowns just start watching the sport. if your a basketball fan , your gonna watch the finals whether its indiana or miami vs sa.

Auseranami
06-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure a small market finals would be better for the league.

ChitownBears22
06-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure a small market finals would be better for the league.

YEah it is soooooo easy for the NBA to market a SA-Indy finals overseas. I walk around China and see a ton of Hibbert jerseys...........oh wait

nastynice
06-03-2013, 07:11 PM

yup, kinda like the 90's. There were some good teams throughout that had their cornerstone players. Its easy to say the bulls ruled the 90's, but people forget how exciting and well matched so many of those runs were. Other than '96, they really coulda realistically lost in any of those years, and not by beating themselves but by truly getting outplayed. The talent level was much more evenly spread.

NeverSayNevur
06-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Hmm, Spurs Pacers? I'll watch.

Allphakenny1
06-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I could care less about the NBA, I am a basketball fan. If the Pacers making the finals is enough to make the NBA implode, which it will not, then it is not a very strong league to begin with and will be replaced with another league. I try my best not to worry about the problems billionaire sports franchise owners face as I have my own problems to worry about.

naps
06-03-2013, 07:19 PM
OP is not a Heat fan. He's someone who hates the Heat with passion and trying to gather more hate for the Heat. I think I know whose dupe this is.

jerellh528
06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
heat fans :punish:

IndyRealist
06-03-2013, 07:42 PM
The NBA just had a lockout last season, it's not in a good spot economically as a league. If the Pacers were to win that would set up a Pacers-Spurs Finals that would have a woeful lack of interest because most don't care about either team and both are boring teams. A Finals with almost nobody watching would not help the League and could go a long way in causing future lockouts/strikes. I know people hate the Heat (although I'm not sure why, jealousy I suppose) but they're the League's only hope for a Finals that people care about. For the good of the League we all enjoy, cheer for the Heat tonight!

You are making a few assumptions. First, the Kings just sold for a record amount to STAY in a small market. Stern and Silver have said they are considering expansion teams once the next cycle of TV deals are signed. The NBA is not hurting for money. Yes, it has been reported TV viewership is down. But what they're not telling you is that TV viewership is down ACROSS THE BOARD for all channels, all types of shows and events, all year. Why? The internet. People are watching online so they can watch when they want to, and don't have to watch commercials.

Second, you assume lack of revenue drives lockouts. It does not. Lockouts are a renegotiation tool for ownership to take more money and benefits from the players. The fact is that barring a national crisis of some sort, there will be a lockout every time the CBA ends. Because for the majority of owners, the NBA is not even the majority of their revenue stream, while for players it is their sole income. Ownership can lose a whole year of NBA revenue, the majority of players can't go more than a few months. So if you were an owner, and you knew you COULD break the union anytime you wanted, then why wouldn't you?

ohreally
06-03-2013, 07:46 PM
For the good of the league they should move the Heat to Anchorage.

*Silver&Black*
06-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Spurs is more exciting than Heat IMO.

ThaDubs
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
For the good of the league, I don't give a ****. Everybody I know is rooting for the Pacers. I loves me an underdog and Paul George is sick as hell. I'd love to see that squad go and get a championship. They go out there and play their booties off. The Heat are all talent. They don't go out and battle for their wins like the Pacers.

lol, please
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
What a crock of homer crap this thread is. Look no further than the guys username. What's good for the league, and for basketball as a sport, is a Pacers championship.

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
For the good of the league a 14 OT game with Paul George hitting a buzzer beater. That would be pretty good ratings. **** my finals tomorrow Id watch that.

Sandman
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
didn't the league just have its best season ever?

aren't the tv contracts just reupped & negotiated for years?

**** the heat

and **** the fake fans that won't watch

Teeboy1487
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
What's good for the league is parity among the teams. Close games and competitive basketball.

keepingquiet
06-03-2013, 09:03 PM
LeBron's game is boring

NeverSayNevur
06-03-2013, 09:45 PM
What's good for the league is parity among the teams. Close games and competitive basketball.

parity in sports is a misguided concept

keepingquiet
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Who cares what's good for the league. Those of us who enjoy basketball will continue to watch it.

All we want is fair, honest, quality basketball.

Not a league where all the best players go to Miami.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-03-2013, 09:49 PM
didn't the league just have its best season ever?

aren't the tv contracts just reupped & negotiated for years?

**** the heat

and **** the fake fans that won't watch

Eh, numbers are apparently much worse now than they were last year. Also, they're best years marketing and ratings wise were in the 90's.

ATX
06-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Who cares what's good for the league. Those of us who enjoy basketball will continue to watch it.

All we want is fair, honest, quality basketball.

Not a league where all the best players go to Miami.

No, just a league where all the best players go to the Lakers right?

keepingquiet
06-03-2013, 10:02 PM
No, just a league where all the best players go to the Lakers right?

I hate Howard.

riconek
06-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I would watch Indiana-Spurs finals but if miami win fack it I am not going to watch flopping Wade and soft bosh there.( I have never been fan of Lebron but at least he is good player)

Wrench
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Why do we have so many stupid Heat fans... :facepalm:

A few of these makes us all look bad.

jerellh528
06-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Why do we have so many stupid Heat fans... :facepalm:

A few of these makes us all look bad.

True, there's still some good ones out there though. Like you n steBo

3RDASYSTEM
06-03-2013, 11:25 PM
BRON made a hell of a bball decision in terms of winning right away(see BEAN,MAGIC)

He went to 1 FINALS app. in 7yrs with CAVS

in 3yrs with MIA and better cast he's in his 3rd FINALS

With a hobbled WADE for 2 of'em