PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Pacers Rivalry

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I think this will be the new big rivalry in the NBA. I can see these teams meeting for years to come in the Eastern Conference Finals (if they continue to be on opposite sides of the bracket).

I believe the Heat will win tonight, but, next year, same rosters, I'd give the Pacers the edge to make it out of the East.

ChicagoJ
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
The pacers are looking like what the Knicks used to be to the 90s bulls. Heat are likely to win, but a lot of nervous heat fans if the game is close late. And Indy has a legit chance to win the series.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:48 AM
The pacers are looking like what the Knicks used to be to the 90s bulls. Heat are likely to win, but a lot of nervous heat fans if the game is close late. And Indy has a legit chance to win the series.

Good example. Roy Hibbert = Patrick Ewing in this case?

Shmontaine
06-03-2013, 11:08 AM
definitely. the east is much stronger than when the big 3 formed. they will have more competition from multiple teams going forward. the heat need to address their size this offseason, and pacers need to retain west and find something to do with granger. pacers are in a great position to add more to their team going forward vs. the heat. we shall see..

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 11:10 AM
definitely. the east is much stronger than when the big 3 formed. they will have more competition from multiple teams going forward. the heat need to address their size this offseason, and pacers need to retain west and find something to do with granger. pacers are in a great position to add more to their team going forward vs. the heat. we shall see..

I agree, now is a better time then ever to jump on with the Pacers.

I can see a lot of Knicks fans becoming Pacers fans in the future

Shmontaine
06-03-2013, 11:14 AM

it's possible, but i don't see that happening..
we could see some bandwagoners, but i still find the pacers somewhat of a bore outside of PG..

2-ONE-5
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
eh a healthy Bulls team is just as good if not better than Indy. Besdies the Heat are gonna broked up after next year when James bolts

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
eh a healthy Bulls team is just as good if not better than Indy. Besdies the Heat are gonna broked up after next year when James bolts

I think if Heat don't win tonight theyre in trouble of keeping LeBron

DirkDiggler6
06-03-2013, 11:30 AM
If the heat had a center this wouldve been over in four or five. The Heat just match up horribly vs indiana, due to undersize

LongIslandIcedZ
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
With so many free agency changes I dont know if there will be a long term rivalry.

If Lebron leaves after next season, the rivalry is more than likely over, as the Heat wont be very good. Then, whichever team Lebron goes to, will be very good. I think the two physical teams that are here to stay are Indy and Chicago. The way I see it, going forward the 3 best teams will be Indy, Chicago, and whatever team Lebron signs with.

Burgo
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Any Knicks fans who jump over to the Pacers we don't want anyway.

Most Knicks fans on here would be lifelong fans and most of them (myself included) have never seen the team win a championship and spend years in the dungeons and going nowhere. Those fans are unlikely to give up when we're a top-4 team in the conference :)

That aside though, I think the Pacers have the building blocks to become a solid contender for the next 5 or so years. Since they're proved they can play without Granger they would do well to trade him out for some solid role-players and a draft pick to strengthen the roster.

Stinkyoutsider
06-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I hope it does become a rivalry. We need more, especially with old ones going away.

jerellh528
06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I think this will be the new big rivalry in the NBA. I can see these teams meeting for years to come in the Eastern Conference Finals (if they continue to be on opposite sides of the bracket).

I believe the Heat will win tonight, but, next year, same rosters, I'd give the Pacers the edge to make it out of the East.
Nah, I see the heat disbanding after this loss.

IndyRealist
06-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Any Knicks fans who jump over to the Pacers we don't want anyway.

*snip*

Since they're proved they can play without Granger they would do well to trade him out for some solid role-players and a draft pick to strengthen the roster.

We don't want any Knicks fans jumping over, either :cool:

I might want to trade Granger for cap relief and role players, but honestly he's going to be better than anyone we get to fill in on the bench, if he's willing. A 4 man rotation of Lance Stephenson/Orlando Johnson, Paul George/Danny Granger is a REALLY tall, long, athletic wing group that can all defend, handle the ball, get to the rim, and knock down shots. If all the Pacers do is bring back our own free agents, we'll still improve as a team.

RaiderLakersA's
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
I think if Heat don't win tonight theyre in trouble of keeping LeBron

LeBron will stick around. If the Heat lose tonight, I can easily see them picking up a center in the offseason. They might have to let Bosh go to do it, but they have plenty of options. I would call Bynum and ask about his knees. Or maybe see if Dwight wants to play for a 1 year contract on the cheap.

That said, the Heat won't lose tonight. I just don't see it happening.

lol, please
06-03-2013, 04:23 PM
It's got nothing on the Clippers/Warriors rivalry that's about to materialize next season.

Burgo
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
We don't want any Knicks fans jumping over, either :cool:

I might want to trade Granger for cap relief and role players, but honestly he's going to be better than anyone we get to fill in on the bench, if he's willing. A 4 man rotation of Lance Stephenson/Orlando Johnson, Paul George/Danny Granger is a REALLY tall, long, athletic wing group that can all defend, handle the ball, get to the rim, and knock down shots. If all the Pacers do is bring back our own free agents, we'll still improve as a team.

From an outsiders perspective, it seems like another Grizzlies and Rudy Gay situation, only your boys are in a much better position. Even if you drop this game tonight you've done it all without your (former) best player! You could easily fill most of your roster needs in a trade scenario and make the future a little easier with another pick or 2.

Didn't expect you guys to be too thrilled at the thought of Knicks fans jumping on your bandwagon :cool: