PDA

View Full Version : Did the Heat's 27 game win steak take too much out of them???

Ty Fast
06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Everybody on the team with the exception of Lebron looks either burned out or hurt. During the streak I was worried this might happen. There were a few games I thought they should have packed it in and rested their players (mostly Wade) like the Cavs game. After they lost to the Bulls to end the streak Wade missed the next few games and hasnít really been the same since. I donít know if this is a good comparison but in 2007 when the Patriots were going 16-0 they seemed to use a lot of energy in the regular season and looked flat in the playoffs. What do you think?

ManRam
06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Everybody on the team with the exception of Lebron looks either burned out or hurt. During the streak I was worried this might happen. There were a few games I thought they should have packed it in and rested their players (mostly Wade) like the Cavs game. After they lost to the Bulls to end the streak Wade missed the next few games and hasn’t really been the same since. I don’t know if this is a good comparison but in 2007 when the Patriots were going 16-0 they seemed to use a lot of energy in the regular season and looked flat in the playoffs. What do you think?

i don't think i dig the comparison to the pats. i don't think at all they lost because they played too hard in the 18 games leading up to their SB loss. the giants just made the big play, and the pats didn't.

i think the only way you can safely say "yes" to this is when talking about wade. but i'm not sure it's necessarily because they went all in to win those games, but more of the fact that this is the second time in a row now that he's been grinded down to a pulp in the playoffs. they need to pull a san antonio next year and rest him regularly.

this is more of untimely bad play + Indy's mazing defense + a few really problematic match ups for the heat

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM

DoMeFavors
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I could see where you might make a case for that but this thread should be out if Miami loses and is eliminated. Not now. They are still alive.

king4day
06-02-2013, 10:18 PM
If the streak was an issue, Milwaukee and Chicago would have given them bigger fits. Indy is just that good. And if Miami wins tomorrow, that just shows you how good the Heat really are.

Vogul will be kicking himself for what may wind up as being the series defining loss in game 1 for not leaving Hibbert in. Things might be different had Indy won, but there's a chance this series could be over right now.

ManRam
06-02-2013, 10:20 PM
If the streak was an issue, Milwaukee and Chicago would have given them bigger fits. Indy is just that good. And if Miami wins tomorrow, that just shows you how good the Heat really are.

Vogul will be kicking himself for what may wind up as being the series defining loss in game 1 for not leaving Hibbert in. Things might be different had Indy won, but there's a chance this series could be over right now.

Wade wasn't particularly god in the Bucks or Bulls series either. Bosh was fine.

Like I said, if you can make a case for it I really only think it applies to Wade.

DoMeFavors
06-02-2013, 10:23 PM
A game 7 similar to 2010 Lakers vs Celtics where its close at the end would be great tommrow, but I am expecting a terrible game 7 where its just a blowout in Miami's favor.

JJ_JKidd
06-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Everybody on the team with the exception of Lebron looks either burned out or hurt. During the streak I was worried this might happen. There were a few games I thought they should have packed it in and rested their players (mostly Wade) like the Cavs game. After they lost to the Bulls to end the streak Wade missed the next few games and hasn’t really been the same since. I don’t know if this is a good comparison but in 2007 when the Patriots were going 16-0 they seemed to use a lot of energy in the regular season and looked flat in the playoffs. What do you think?

They ate too much steak

Avenged
06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
It's about that time you start giving the Pacers their props instead of trying to find excuses for the Heat.

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 11:16 PM
It's about that time you start giving the Pacers their props instead of trying to find excuses for the Heat.

Exactly. Indiana is simply outperforming the most talented roster in the NBA.

sep11ie
06-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Well said

jam
06-03-2013, 12:33 AM
It's hard not to be impressed with the pacers. But then again, most fans will be dazzled by the star power of the heat, and will focus their attention on their underwhelming performances.

jam
06-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Right? :)

Damn, gotta make a trip to roof chris and sneak in a bottle of heinz 57. :)

They ate too much steak

smood999
06-03-2013, 12:43 AM
The Pacers are just a completely different team now with the way Hibbert is playing. This is not the same Pacer team as the regular season. The assumption that the Pacers just never got credit is a little off. We knew they were good, Hibbert playing the way he has though changes everything

5ass
06-03-2013, 01:03 AM
even in their 27 game winstreak, their effort was inconsistent. Except Lebron's.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Was going to say this but looked through comments to make sure someone else had said it first. Well done

BALLER R
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Called this from the bulls series. You saw that the bulls gave the heat trouble during the beginning of that series. But the Bulls didn't have anything in them after game 2. That's why I called it that this series would go 7 games. Indiana is too big and plays great defense.

I can't even decide who I think wins tonight. Bosh and Wade need to produce for the heat to win. Right now I have no clue if those guys will show up or not.

Also really hope the refs don't ruin tonights game. Just let them play tonight.

JiffyMix88
06-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Aren't they trained pro athletes? Wasn't that streak 2/3 months ago? Didn't some of their big 3 sit out a couple of game during the streak?

I don't want to hear this ****