PDA

View Full Version : The big Hibbs fines 75k.

LayBraun
06-02-2013, 06:52 PM
@MikeWellsNBA: Hibbert has been fined $75,000 for his comments after Game 6, the NBA announced

tredigs
06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Pretty ridiculous fine for a completely non malicious (and hilarious) comment. To even call it a "slur" is insane.

ldawg
06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
All he said he was no Homo. 75K? thats a bit much.

dtmagnet
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Too high of a fine, although Hibbert has said some pretty stupid things in the past as well so maybe this will cause him to work on his interviewing a touch.

tredigs
06-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh, he did say mother ****ers, too. So basically, all around he was being stupid in a national press conference. That fine can be expected.

LayBraun
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Hibbert has a nice game but come on, you have to be a ****ing moron to say that in post game. I mean I say it so I can't hate but I wouldn't be that dumb to incur a 75k fine.

If I ever were to play professional sports, the only fines I would ever get would be for talking out against the league on issues I didn't think they take seriously (whatever that might be)

ManRam
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
it was a sequence of poor decisions...

i rarely get too upset with the PC Police, but I don't see "No Homo" being a "slur" like everyone seemingly has ran with. he shouldn't say it, but....ehhh...i just don't like the outrage i guess. can't articulate well.

LayBraun
06-02-2013, 07:06 PM
it was a sequence of poor decisions...

i rarely get too upset with the PC Police, but I don't see "No Homo" being a "slur" like everyone seemingly has ran with. he shouldn't say it, but....ehhh...i just don't like the outrage i guess. can't articulate well.

I think a lot of people use gay slurs even if they have nothing against gay people. I have gay acquaintances and have no problems with them whatsoever but saying "no homo" in a national press conference is idiotic because you're insisting that there is something wrong with being gay.

ManRam
06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I think a lot of people use gay slurs even if they have nothing against gay people. I have gay acquaintances and have no problems with them whatsoever but saying "no homo" in a national press conference is idiotic because you're insisting that there is something wrong with being gay.

it's just so much less malicious than most "slurs" are. not even sure it's really ever malicious. it's something most of us just use light-heartedly

he was just dumb though. he should act professional, and at the very least he was incredibly unprofessional in that presser.

Tmath
06-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I think Hibbert is trying too hard to be cool, but instead is just coming off as immature.

La11
06-02-2013, 07:18 PM
75 K is a lot to be stretched out by Lebron James...No homo

CavsYanksDuke
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't agree with the amount, but you guys throwing out there "I have gay friends..." doesn't make you an expert on gay relations lmao.

b@llhog24
06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Nah he cursed too

Rivera
06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
75k thats really gay...

No homo

LayBraun
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't agree with the amount, but you guys throwing out there "I have gay friends..." doesn't make you an expert on gay relations lmao.

I said I have gay acquaintances, not friends.

b@llhog24
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
He should've just paused.

b@llhog24
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
No homo

Bigot.

Rivera
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Bigot.

:pity:

ldawg
06-02-2013, 07:31 PM
The person who fine must be gay

ldawg
06-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Shaq curse all the time its because of the word homo.

Slug3
06-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I think the real shame here is that $5K for a flop and this directly can affect a game but $75K for post game words? Not that what he said was ok, but I just would think maybe it would be the other way around.

HYFR
06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Pause!

d00d
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
my god how many times did we call kids **** and homos growing up?

hell today every kid uses the word thats gay or hes gay

BigBlueCrew
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
so you get a $5000 for flopping and $75K for saying "no homo", quite the interesting assessment Mr Stern.

d00d
06-02-2013, 07:42 PM
so if he said "no hetero" would he get a fine too?

sunnyice
06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Well, He wanted the media's attention and now he's got it.

b@llhog24
06-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Well, He wanted the media's attention and now he's got it.

Lol

PacersForLife
06-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep, this should be the starting amount for a flop. Heck, if they really wanted to crack down on it, they should be called for a tech and be fined 75k.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
he deserves this but it was funny as hell lol.

c.c.
06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
75 k? Too much!!!

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Hibbert is really feeling himself right now.... No Homo.

I'm waiting for Jason Collins reaction...

I Rock Shaqs
06-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Lmao that's ridiculous I thought he said *** or some ****, lol no homo ain't nothing.

ldawg
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
you cant call a midget a midget and now homo with out someone blowing it up. What is homo? is it just not the short for homosexual. He is saying he is not a homosexual no pun intend. But because people are so sensitive he should not have said it but its really not a big deal. I am sorry but that is something a straight man just cant picture.

mp3
06-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Can Hibbert write this off as "charity" like you're are able to do with the 5k flopping fine?

--23--
06-02-2013, 08:15 PM
That's way too much, this "No Homo" fine is more than the flopping violations($60k) :laugh:

Mr Costanza
06-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Lmao that's ridiculous I thought he said *** or some ****, lol no homo ain't nothing.

He said mother ****er...

ldawg
06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Gay people shame to be gay or something? Its not cool to make fun of gay people. Most straight people dont understand what makes people gay. Why a man is attracted to another man so lets be real. No straight man want to be taking for a gay but that does not mean they hate them they are just not gay. Its not a hate crime or anything to use the world homo. If they are Homosexuals they are homosexual why the out cry if you hear the word homo? Why do we have male and Female bathrooms? If your in the shower is it ok For a gay man to share the room with you? I mean what is he thinking on while we shower?

ldawg
06-02-2013, 08:26 PM
He said mother ****er...Shaq curse all the time on tnt and for crying out load it has worst on regular tv.

Kashmir13579
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
I think this is so overkill. How is No-homo even a slur? An abbreviation for "not homosexual", or "non-homosexual?" Who gives a ****, really?

This is what we've come to as a society?

Kashmir13579
06-02-2013, 08:30 PM
If i'm Hibbert i wouldn't have apologized for this.

IndyRealist
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
The fine probably would have been closer to $20,000 if it wasn't the ECF, and he didn't say "I don't care if I get fined." A fine was absolutely deserved though.

amos1er
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM
**** David Stern.

rocket
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Didn't know saying that something wasn't homo sexually intended is a slur and that it would cost 75k.

Makes sence.

ldawg
06-02-2013, 08:46 PM
We all come in contact with gay people at some form or the other. I for one come in contact with gay people plenty. If they are gay thats fine but you dont have to expect other to agree it. They will respect you as a human but dont get it twisted straight people wont see it as normal. that just being real. I for one dont make fun or hate gay folks. personally is no different than a gothic person. you dont hate them you wont marry them you dont hang where they hang, you dont believe in what they believe. No homo 75K really?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I've never really considered "no homo" a gay slur, but I'm not gay so if it does offend the LGBT community then it's appropriate that he got fined.

my god how many times did we call kids **** and homos growing up?

hell today every kid uses the word thats gay or hes gay

Must make it right then:rolleyes:

JC_
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
At first I didn't really understand why he was fined so much but I talked to my dad about it (he's old) and he hadn't heard the saying before. His initial reaction was "why would he say that? gay people wouldn't appreciate the word homo".. I told him it was a corny joke and gave him some examples of when someone might say it. He eventually saw the humor in it and started saying it lol but basically not everyone who watches the NBA is young and hip to the times so throwing around words like "homo" (malicious or not) in an interview is just dumb.

ldawg
06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Imo gay people a talented and creative. What makes gay people annoying is because they are gay they expect you to be 100% fine with it and its normal.

Asik's better
06-02-2013, 08:55 PM
http://youtu.be/8cwg9NceFco
This must be the most homophobic song of all time then

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I just hate how the pc police turn anything not speaking about gays in glowing terms into "homophobic." Really? So all the guys are no that have been cracking jokes with No homo are secretly scared of gays? THAT would be pretty gay!

RiceOnTheRun
06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
This is the first issue I've never seen disagreement about on this board.
Glad we can all agree on someting on PSD. LOL. :clap:

ldawg
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
no Homo is the new saying on the block.

ldawg
06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Whats the big deal if your a homo your a homo. Its the short for homosexual. You like someone of the same sex. If thats who you are so be it. But darn 75K is it that serious? Dont be shame of who you are.

pacersfan1967
06-02-2013, 09:27 PM
If a person wants to go around say his gay that fine .BUT If he gonna tell every one then prepared for every one who doesn't believe in a homo to speak his or her mine ..solution. maybe he should have kept mouth shut....I personly can careless if he is but if some one who come to me tell me he is ..I' speak mind up to but with out the foul language

flea
06-02-2013, 09:27 PM
People need to lighten up.

ATL#22
06-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Was just making sure everyone knew he was not a homosexual. I don't see a problem here

ldawg
06-02-2013, 09:35 PM
In todays world how would you say i an not gay without upsetting the supper sensitive. IMO no homo gets the job done. I think Roy better pattern the saying. somthing tell me its about to take off.

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 10:21 PM
This is the first issue I've never seen disagreement about on this board.
Glad we can all agree on someting on PSD. LOL. :clap:

This brought us all together.... no Homo!

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I have no problem with it. He simply stating he did not mean LeBron stretching him out in a homosexual manner. If gays are offended by this they must be ashamed of their orientation. If gay guys kept saying "no hetero" I wouldn't be offended

THE MTL
06-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry but you here all the time how gay people are ridiculed and what not. Every time something happens to a gay person its a huge media outcry. Hibbert's 75K is worse than saying the refs suck. All he said was "no homo". Its not that serious. And I know a ton of gay people who could care less about such a term that was made popular by Lil Wayne (that alone should bring down the seriousness of the comment).

PS- Mods please dont ban me for this post (no homo though).

Captain Moroni
06-02-2013, 11:05 PM
stupid comments

Captain Moroni
06-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Dropping MF in a post game interview does indeed deserve a fine.

rocket
06-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Society is starting make every little thing a big problem. Gay people are normal people stop making everything dirceted toward them seem "OH MY GOD I CANT BELEIVE HE SAID DSAT WETF!@!!!"

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 11:14 PM
The Homosexual
agenda is to make everyone not only agree with everything they stand for, but to make everyone love Homosexuality in general.
There is nothing wrong with saying No Homo. You are simply stating that you personally are not Gay.

Once again this just pushes the line to make normal everyday people look like haters and Bigots because we feel different. Because we believe different.

As a person who believes in God (BTW cant even say that here anymore) I am now informed that any belief that Homosexuality is sinful makes me a bigot. So now the agenda includes my personal belief and faith as well.

Too bad, Right is always going to be right no matter what.

If that makes people hate me, so be it. Because no amount of personal attacks will change how Billions of us feel. Christian, Moslem, Jew......all share the same belief system when it comes to this.

You are absolutely right but never utter these words again. Not here, not out loud. Not anywhere.

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow. 75k is way too much for a "no homo" comment. 10k would have sufficed.

Captain Moroni
06-02-2013, 11:16 PM
You are absolutely right but never utter these words again. Not here, not out loud. Not anywhere.

Sad but true

lamzoka
06-02-2013, 11:24 PM
No Homo does not mean you're homophobic and its damn sure not a slur.
no homo simply means NOT IN A GAY WAY

ex: He's not a bad looking guy. NO HOMO. (even tho it sounds gay, i dont mean it that way)

FreakaNashur
06-02-2013, 11:29 PM
you are a pro athlete not a comedian. you just can't say things like that on the media...he's a moron he just dumped 75k of his playoff shares down the toilet.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2013, 11:38 PM
"no homo" isn't a slur but I knew the media would take it and run with it. It was dumb to say it in front of the media when probably a maximum of 5 of them even knew what that slang is...but still.

You literally can't say anything anymore.

strokeman
06-02-2013, 11:40 PM
i have gay friends and i don't treat them any differently than i do my straight friends, i say "homo" and sh**t in the front of them, they don't have a problem with it, why? because they know i'm real! people too touchy now days, Stern must be a "freakin homo"!
why so serious? because most of the rich people (people paying the big bucks to keep the NBA operating) are secretly gay? :D

Kuya_Clive
06-02-2013, 11:46 PM
No homo is used after someone says something gay unintentionally. In terms of gay slurs, this is nothing IMO. However, Hibbert is a pro athlete so he should have known better so it is his fault. 75k for a gay slur, 25k for criticizing refs, and 5k for flopping. The first two don't even happen during the game yet they are fined more? Flopping should be worth much more.

mekedubs
06-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Soooooo, it's ok for someone to come out and tell the world that they're gay but you can't imply that you're not gay????

yaswaggin
06-03-2013, 12:00 AM
From now on everyone must bow down to gay people

75k? That **** cray

FreakaNashur
06-03-2013, 12:04 AM
"no homo" isn't a slur but I knew the media would take it and run with it. It was dumb to say it in front of the media when probably a maximum of 5 of them even knew what that slang is...but still.

You literally can't say anything anymore.

Saying no homo does not need to be said and it implies that there is something wrong with being gay. I don't care how you feel about it, or how edgy you want to be on here. It's not something you can get away with when you are in the public spotlight and getting paid that much to play a game. Not only are the players representing their home towns, states, their fans, their colleges they went to, but also the league. They are part of the face of an organization and are required to adhere to the organization's policies. Most common folk would never get away with using terms like homo or ****** or kike or anything like that in a derogatory way while representing their company. You'd get your *** canned.

Why are you supporting a ****ing millionaire who get's fined 75k for saying some stupid **** while representing his town, team and league? Stop rushing to defend him when you know what he did was stupid.

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Saying no homo does not need to be said and it implies that there is something wrong with being gay. I don't care how you feel about it, or how edgy you want to be on here. It's not something you can get away with when you are in the public spotlight and getting paid that much to play a game. Not only are the players representing their home towns, states, their fans, their colleges they went to, but also the league. They are part of the face of an organization and are required to adhere to the organization's policies. Most common folk would never get away with using terms like homo or ****** or kike or anything like that in a derogatory way while representing their company. You'd get your *** canned.

Why are you supporting a ****ing millionaire who get's fined 75k for saying some stupid **** while representing his town, team and league? Stop rushing to defend him when you know what he did was stupid.

LOL out of all the posts in this thread defending Hibbert you pick mine? I clearly said that it was dumb to say in front of the media because it'd get blown up and that most of those guys don't know the "rapper slang".

I don't think he meant harm, just had a bad choice of words.

jam
06-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Political and religious ideology aside, it was a classless statement and unprofessional. The fine is excessive, but he deserved to be fined. Let's move on.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2013, 12:17 AM
"No homo" isn't even offensive as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't put down the lifestyle at all. Political correctness is too much sometimes.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 12:17 AM
He said he knew he was going to get fined so whatever, he got his money's worth.

I'm offended by the fact that he caved and gave the obligatory statement apology afterward. It's like just man up. You said what you said, you got fined, most of us know its not a "slur." Own it.

jam
06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
I agree but as a professional, as a representative of his team, his city and the nba, he has the responsibility to stick to a discussion of basketball, free of profanity, and free of any derisive, immature comments.

This is the same standard we hold each and every professional to. Hibbert is no different.

Many CEO's, managers and personnel are let go for far less.

Hibbert doesn't get a pass because a bunch of keyboard jockey nerds on the internet make the same type of childish comments with impunity.

"No homo" isn't even offensive as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't put down the lifestyle at all. Political correctness is too much sometimes.

jam
06-03-2013, 12:26 AM
This is beyond stupid.

He said he knew he was going to get fined so whatever, he got his money's worth.

I'm offended by the fact that he caved and gave the obligatory statement apology afterward. It's like just man up. You said what you said, you got fined, most of us know its not a "slur." Own it.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 12:35 AM
^ dude just leave the thread. Up until now it's been a peaceful discussion with no name calling.

jam
06-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Pot. Meet kettle.

I'm amazed you even know how to turn on the computer.

^ dude just leave the thread. Up until now it's been a peaceful discussion with no name calling.

Hangtime
06-03-2013, 12:51 AM
He said he didn't give a damn about being fined at the press conference. So good for him.

Leach11
06-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Not to turn this into a political discussion, but you know Western society is ****ed up when its people care more about some off-hand comment that a pro basketball player makes than the countless other major problems that are occurring throughout the world.

jam
06-03-2013, 01:16 AM
It is off topic, but I agree.

Entertainment and sports are designed as distractions to get us thinking and arguing about trivialities whilst decisions of importance are made on our behalf.

Having said that, back on topic, roy hibbert was being an unprofessional a## and got what he deserved.

But yes, you are right, that fact in and of itself is unimportant. The fact that we are all collectively spending so much time and energy arguing about it is what is sad.

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but you know Western society is ****ed up when its people care more about some off-hand comment that a pro basketball player makes than the countless other major problems that are occurring throughout the world.

Leach11
06-03-2013, 02:00 AM
It is off topic, but I agree.

Entertainment and sports are designed as distractions to get us thinking and arguing about trivialities whilst decisions of importance are made on our behalf.

Having said that, back on topic, roy hibbert was being an unprofessional a## and got what he deserved.

But yes, you are right, that fact in and of itself is unimportant. The fact that we are all collectively spending so much time and energy arguing about it is what is sad.

The thing is, is I understand why people become so preoccupied with watching and discussing sports and all of the various elements pertaining to sports. It provides a sense of entertainment and pleasure for a lot of people. I, myself, love watching and discussing sports, even the various elements of "sports gossip" that really have nothing to do with the actual sport itself. What I don't understand, though, is why people who actually care a lot about the social progression of the world spend the majority of their efforts focusing on the trivial things said within the media by various media figures (sports, entertainment industry, music industry).

If X celebrity has a problem with gay marriage or says an offhand remark about homosexuals, you hear an outcry from a million voices. It ends up leading to a massive discussion about X celebrity, usually having little effect on X celebrity's overall image, which then turns into a political debate that primarily works to resolve absolutely nothing. X celebrity experiences a little bit of heat for a while until the next X celebrity makes a somewhat controversial comment and steals the focus of the media and, thus, its viewers. This is the process, rinse and repeat. The only thing that ever comes out of this process is a spurt of anger from people who claim to be socially progressive, followed by a slight hindrance to the name of a singular individual (x celebrity). In the real world, nothing changes. People will continue to use the same gay slurs they have been for years (most being used without any conscious intention to be hateful toward gays) and the people who are against gay marriage will more and likely continue to be against gay marriage.

In the end, the things that these celebrities say in the media are primarily just harmless actions or individual beliefs. I've always thought that focusing on real issues of social injustice, like the effects of the drug war in America or the severe crimes against women occurring in India and the Middle East (clearly in other parts of the world as well), is a much more useful way to occupy one's time if one is truly concerned with social progression.

ThaDubs
06-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Isn't no homo basically a way to say "although I am not homosexual"?
How is that bad? Let alone bad enough to fine someone 75,000$ for?

LongWayFromHome
06-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Yeah, if your gonna drop 75k at least say something bad about Stern. What a waste of cash.

jam
06-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Both sides are correct. Hibbert was a douche for saying what he said, and yes, the denouncement of it is being used as a bulwark and trojan horse both to impose censorship as well as to introduce all manner of perversion as normal, natural and healthy.

I can certainly understand the fascination with sports esp. in my case when and where it sheds light on our morality and political thinking. But ultimately, we're watching grown men in shorts throw a ball around, when you get right down to brass tacks. It's really not very important and some people might even find it boring and monotonous.

The thing is, is I understand why people become so preoccupied with watching and discussing sports and all of the various elements pertaining to sports. It provides a sense of entertainment and pleasure for a lot of people. I, myself, love watching and discussing sports, even the various elements of "sports gossip" that really have nothing to do with the actual sport itself. What I don't understand, though, is why people who actually care a lot about the social progression of the world spend the majority of their efforts focusing on the trivial things said within the media by various media figures (sports, entertainment industry, music industry).

If X celebrity has a problem with gay marriage or says an offhand remark about homosexuals, you hear an outcry from a million voices. It ends up leading to a massive discussion about X celebrity, usually having little effect on X celebrity's overall image, which then turns into a political debate that primarily works to resolve absolutely nothing. X celebrity experiences a little bit of heat for a while until the next X celebrity makes a somewhat controversial comment and steals the focus of the media and, thus, its viewers. This is the process, rinse and repeat. The only thing that ever comes out of this process is a spurt of anger from people who claim to be socially progressive, followed by a slight hindrance to the name of a singular individual (x celebrity). In the real world, nothing changes. People will continue to use the same gay slurs they have been for years (most being used without any conscious intention to be hateful toward gays) and the people who are against gay marriage will more and likely continue to be against gay marriage.

In the end, the things that these celebrities say in the media are primarily just harmless actions or individual beliefs. I've always thought that focusing on real issues of social injustice, like the effects of the drug war in America or the severe crimes against women occurring in India and the Middle East (clearly in other parts of the world as well), is a much more useful way to occupy one's time if one is truly concerned with social progression.

JC_
06-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Part of the fine could be because he made his comments sexual when he added "no homo". It's like saying "Lebron stretched me out" (while people are thinking basketball) and then adding "............. I don't mean he stretched my ******* though..".

LOOTERX9
06-03-2013, 03:16 AM
I have no problem with it. He simply stating he did not mean LeBron stretching him out in a homosexual manner. If gays are offended by this they must be ashamed of their orientation. If gay guys kept saying "no hetero" I wouldn't be offended

greatest logic ever....hahahaha

ThaDubs
06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Lmao "no hetero"

Minimal
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
5k for flopping, 75k for a slur? WTF is wrong with Stern?

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Love how politically correct society has to be nowadays.

Who the f cares about this? Seriously? Fined 75k isn't much for Hibbert obviously but the idea of fining a guy for saying something like this doesn't seem normal in a free society...

jgthegame1982
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Just an insane amount of money.. Didn't hurt anyone .. This PC stuff has gotten so ridiculous..

StriveGreatness
06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Isn't no homo basically a way to say "although I am not homosexual"?
How is that bad? Let alone bad enough to fine someone 75,000$ for?

Calling the reporters mother ****ers and basically laughing about the whole thing + saying he doesn't care if he's fined? Definitely deserved the fine. He basically spit in the face of the NBA.

I'd like to know why he thought it was necessary to throw in the no homo comment anyways.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 10:27 AM
I just hope it doesn't throw him off his game tonight because you know the media and the crowd are going to be all over him.

He has to just suck it up....no homo.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Sorry to bring race into this, but

No hetero/no homo can be most associated with white men can't jump/black men can't swim

The second of both is politically incorrect, when both should be. Seems like anything claimed at a heterosexual white person in today's society isn't offensive at all, but when you bring any other ethnicity or sexuality, it is automatically flagged as politically incorrect.

It may sound ignorant or whatever but honestly the way society has grown over the years on this subject has been very disappointing. Can we accept that everybody is a human being and get over it?

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I just hope it doesn't throw him off his game tonight because you know the media and the crowd are going to be all over him.

He has to just suck it up....no homo.

This is perfect hahaha

JasonJohnHorn
06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Well... I think in context it is fair. Shaq was fined $35 000 for using the "F" word (aka Fawk) in a post game interview... so, I think you'd at the very least expect that Hibbert would get fined at least that much for saying "motherfawked". Kobe got fined $100 000 for calling an official the other "F" word (the one that rhymes with maggot), and Noah got fiend I think $50 000 for calling a jeering fan by the same word. Calling the officials that is worse perhaps, because the official is an authority in the work place, where as a jeering fan is using abusive language.

As for: "no homo", I think most would agree it's not as bad as the word Kobe and Noah used, but it has a similar sentiment. It Hibbert was smart he would have said he meant LBJ is no "homo sapien", in that he is super human. But yeah... he didn't call anybody that, but at the same time was implying that people who were are some how inferior. Consider is as it he said: LBJ's no "Asian" or no "whitey" or no "Jew".

I think $75 000 was a reasonable amount, considering that he used the "f" word and the "homo" reference and considering how other players have been fined in similar instances.

mjt20mik
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
He deserved it. I mean people are really loose with the *no homo* thing, but I mean if you were to use another slur against white, black, asian people then everyone would have thrown a fit.

On another note, i have no problem what he said about media. Those people are mother****ers and he's 100% correct about that.

dalton749
06-03-2013, 03:33 PM
still makes no sense how that warrants a fine 15x more than flopping.
more nba fans probably laughed at the comment then thought anything bad of it, but flopping changes games

MrfadeawayJB
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
LeBron said no homo in 2010 and was not fined. Double standard? Maybe it's because Collins came out as a gay that the NBA is being extra sensitive smh

Redrum187
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Hrmmm... $75,000 is a lot of money to a multi-millionaire!!! He might have kids to feed!!!

Captain Moroni
06-03-2013, 05:22 PM
double standards are everywhere in the NBA. All depends upon how marketable you are at the time of your indescretion.

Vinny642
06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Bs

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 05:31 PM
He apparently reached out to Jason Collins on twitter today. Seriously. He really did. I jokingly said he was going to have to talk to him, in pure jest, but Sheesh is this really what basketball has come to?

GLAAD I didn't bet on the game tonight!

zn23
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Since when is "no homo" anti-gay?

Mr Costanza
06-03-2013, 06:54 PM
LeBron said no homo in 2010 and was not fined. Double standard? Maybe it's because Collins came out as a gay that the NBA is being extra sensitive smh

Or maybe it's because he referred to the press as "Y'all mother****ers" live.

sunsfan88
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I gained respect for Hibbert after he said "That's cause you mother ***** don't watch us play"

hoggin88
06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
so if he said "no hetero" would he get a fine too?

You can't be serious here...