PDA

View Full Version : George Karl "unsettled" by GM Masai Ujiri's depature

heyman321
06-02-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22342963/report-nuggets-george-karl-unsettled-following-masai-ujiris-departure

Likely to leave? Who knows. I hope he goes to the Raptors too :cool:

ACanadian
06-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Come cry over here in Toronto Karl, we'll take you too.

KnickaBocka.44
06-02-2013, 04:11 PM
The Raptors and George Karl seem like a natural fit, they are both seemingly allergic to the second round.

FriedTofuz
06-02-2013, 04:28 PM
come to toronto george!

JEDean89
06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
all i know is everytime someone young and promising goes to toronto, they turn into complete ****. i am still pissed at you guys giving landry fields too much money and ruining his motivation and drive. you never developed gary forbes into a decent bench player. bargnani, derozan you guys are among the leagues worst at developing talent. masai has his work cut out for him.

if you guys really want george you can have him. you can then enjoy 10 years of 1st round exits.

LanceUpperCut
06-02-2013, 04:46 PM
all i know is everytime someone young and promising goes to toronto, they turn into complete ****. i am still pissed at you guys giving landry fields too much money and ruining his motivation and drive. you never developed gary forbes into a decent bench player. bargnani, derozan you guys are among the leagues worst at developing talent. masai has his work cut out for him.

if you guys really want george you can have him. you can then enjoy 10 years of 1st round exits.

We never developed Gary Forbes :clap:. Your so right being in T.O. for a half a year completely lead him off track from his MVP type future.

Ty_Lawson
06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I would give you guys Karl and Miller for Bargs.

Lake_Show2416
06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
GM > Head Coach

JEDean89
06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
We never developed Gary Forbes :clap:. Your so right being in T.O. for a half a year completely lead him off track from his MVP type future.

read what i said, you never developed him into a decent role player, like he was well on his way to becoming. toronto did the same thing with fields. was he going to become an mvp? hell no. but he got worse on the raptors like so many others do. it is shameful to watch as those were 2 players i liked a lot and the raptors just ruined them. oh well, masai will get you guys the right pieces, it's just gonna take a few years.

deaner
06-02-2013, 06:36 PM
read what i said, you never developed him into a decent role player, like he was well on his way to becoming. toronto did the same thing with fields. was he going to become an mvp? hell no. but he got worse on the raptors like so many others do. it is shameful to watch as those were 2 players i liked a lot and the raptors just ruined them. oh well, masai will get you guys the right pieces, it's just gonna take a few years.

Forbes is out there if you really think he's of value, no other team has picked him up.

Landry has had a nerve issue with his elbow that effected his shooting. Toronto found it and have taken steps to correct it including surgery and rehab. That was the reason for decline in his shooting in his second year in NY and first year in TO. They will continue to rehab him under the supervision of one of the best sports science guys in the league Alex McKechnie.

He also found an issue with Rudy gays vision which went undetected in Memphis. Which has since been corrected with offseason surgery.

Landry will shoot the ball like he did when he first came into the league.

Tmath
06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Forbes is out there if you really think he's of value, no other team has picked him up.

Landry has had a nerve issue with his elbow that effected his shooting. Toronto found it and have taken steps to correct it including surgery and rehab. That was the reason for decline in his shooting in his second year in NY and first year in TO. They will continue to rehab him under the supervision of one of the best sports science guys in the league Alex McKechnie.

He also found an issue with Rudy gays vision which went undetected in Memphis. Which has since been corrected with offseason surgery.

Landry will shoot the ball like he did when he first came into the league.

There are no guarantees there. Nerve damage can be quite tricky, and I'm not completely sold that was full reason why he shot so poor. He needs to completely reconstruct the form of his jumpshot.

deaner
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
There are no guarantees there. Nerve damage can be quite tricky, and I'm not completely sold that was full reason why he shot so poor. He needs to completely reconstruct the form of his jumpshot.

I'm basing my opinion from watching with my own eyes each game in warm ups and direct quote from Landry and Alex. What are you basing your opinion on? Fluff?

spreadeagle
06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
The Raptors and George Karl seem like a natural fit, they are both seemingly allergic to the second round.

LOL zingggg

JEDean89
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm basing my opinion from watching with my own eyes each game in warm ups and direct quote from Landry and Alex. What are you basing your opinion on? Fluff?

landry fields is a player who's foundation is his confidence and he never had a chance to fully get it to where it needed to be. He almost shot over 50% from the floor and almost 40%from 3 his rookie year and is a terrific defender and athlete (look at the clips of him doing putback dunks of free throws). I just don't see him developing on the raptors when they have DeRozan, Gay and Terrence Ross on the wing. Why would you guys offer a ridiculous contract to Landry if you have 2 of those guys and were aiming at getting Gay or another small forward? It just sucks watching some of my favorite young talent go to the Raptors only to end up sucking and I hope it doesn't happen to Masai. Toronto just doesn't have the culture that Denver has.

deaner
06-02-2013, 08:16 PM
landry fields is a player who's foundation is his confidence and he never had a chance to fully get it to where it needed to be. He almost shot over 50% from the floor and almost 40%from 3 his rookie year and is a terrific defender and athlete (look at the clips of him doing putback dunks of free throws). I just don't see him developing on the raptors when they have DeRozan, Gay and Terrence Ross on the wing. Why would you guys offer a ridiculous contract to Landry if you have 2 of those guys and were aiming at getting Gay or another small forward? It just sucks watching some of my favorite young talent go to the Raptors only to end up sucking and I hope it doesn't happen to Masai. Toronto just doesn't have the culture that Denver has.

toronto's culture is changing rapidly. All hope is not lost. New ownership with deep pockets publicly declaring they will spend whatever needed to develop a winning culture for all MLSE teams, Tim Lieweke as CEO, Masai as the new GM who is cleaning house and poised to bring additional high quality people into the org.

Being 4 deep on the wing isn't a bad thing. Your team is. IMO our coach has been the issue and I hope that gets resolved with the rash of new hires and direction. Landry also started to play some small ball 4 for us near the end of the season when he started to get healthy. The team still views him as a glue type guy and this offseason should be the time needed to get his health and shot back. I agree he's a great piece, probably not a starter at this point though.

Tmath
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM

I have a feeling DeRozan might be shopped.

IndyRealist
06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
COTY is the kiss of death.

IgglesFanInCO
06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Im rooting hard for Toronto next year, and you guys legitimately got the best GM out there, in the nuggets forum we called Ujiri Batman because he was just that amazing

Karl on the other hand, is a horrid excuse for a coach, and will bring down any team he goes to, people give him credit for the no-star 3rd seed but the nuggets were very talented last year and they only ever won in SPITE of Karl, he is a cancer and I wouldnt wish him on Toronto, if you guys want him though feel free to take him from us

akesh99
06-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I would give you guys Karl and Miller for Bargs.

Done.