PDA

View Full Version : Pacers vs Bulls now.

TheLegend
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Interesting article on ESPN in regards to the Pacers and Bulls. I think before the Bulls was HANDSDOWN the better team. And I think most ppl feel that way but I'm not so sure with the way the Pacers have stepped up this post season. Beating Miami in game 7 isn't out of the question either. Taking the Heat to seven games is significant, something Chi couldn't do a few years ago. I know some say "but the games was close". But to me that don't mean **** if ur not actually WINING THE GAMES like Indy is doing.

I think the big question for Indy is what to do with granger. Trade him for another piece or integrate him into their game plan. I'm leaning towards Indy slightly because PAUL GEORGE is not the same player. Deng use to be the better player easily, then they were about equal. Now George is the superior player easily, no debating. Love George game now. He has come up huge on a very big stage. Plus he plays both ends of the court and is only 23. Hibbert has become a better player as well. I know Miami don't have a center but hibbert has clearly elevated his game. Versus Noah I think he doesn't look as good however, but probably still effective.

I think the Bulls could beat them in a series but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Either way, I love the pacers game and the way they are taking It to Miami. I'm a bulls fan but right now I'm pulling for Indy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/14297/beat-the-heat-bulls-need-to-be-wary-of-indy#comment

Rndy
06-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I think it's just one of those things in sports. Chicago matches up well vs Indy and Indy matches up well vs Miami. Indys front court can score while Chicago front court is more of a rebounding and when Gibson is in for Boozer defensive. Chicago front court has never been able to take advantage of Miami like the Pacers can. But the Pacers never really have that advantage over Chicago.

D-Leethal
06-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I think trading Granger for a piece that meshes better with their current frontline is the way to go. Granger is a good player and good players can help your team but I think to maximize their roster they should try to swing him for a 6th man combo guard if possible.

blahblahyoutoo
06-02-2013, 02:23 PM
pacers are clearly better than the bulls, even with rose back.

hill < rose
granger > butler
PG > deng (overrated)
west > booz
Hibbert > Noah (overrated and espn got this wrong, it's not even close to a draw)

TheLegend
06-02-2013, 02:27 PM

hill < rose
granger > butler
PG > deng (overrated)
west > booz
Hibbert > Noah (overrated and espn got this wrong, it's not even close to a draw)

Damn!! Come on man! Give my bulls some respect lol. Just a little ! Lol but I see ur point. I'm thinking Noah and hibbert is a draw to but hibberts low post game has been in straight beast mode. But he's 7'2 and against another defensive center he may not look as good. Miami have no one to guard him. But I'm curious as to how good has hibbert become. Like George, he doesn't look like the same player. Both of these guys are clearly not the same players they were a year ago.

Rndy
06-02-2013, 02:32 PM

hill < rose
granger > butler
PG > deng (overrated)
west > booz

k

D-Leethal
06-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Is there a less intelligent way to judge a team than:

PG > PG
SG < SG
SF < SF
PF > PF
C < C

?

IversonIsKrazy
06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I think it's just one of those things in sports. Chicago matches up well vs Indy and Indy matches up well vs Miami. Indys front court can score while Chicago front court is more of a rebounding and when Gibson is in for Boozer defensive. Chicago front court has never been able to take advantage of Miami like the Pacers can. But the Pacers never really have that advantage over Chicago.

Spot on. Indy >> Chicago when playing against Heat. IF playing each-other however, Bulls >= Indy

KG2TB
06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Is there a less intelligent way to judge a team than:

PG > PG
SG < SG
SF < SF
PF > PF
C < C

?

If there is I haven't seen it.

gbrl
06-02-2013, 02:45 PM
should be some great games next year when both are at full strength

LongWayFromHome
06-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I was think Bulls beat HEAT game 1 3 year go but **** it bra loss next 4 so Indy be wins games HEAT says fo real.

Laidback_Scrapp
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I think trading Granger for a piece that meshes better with their current frontline is the way to go. Granger is a good player and good players can help your team but I think to maximize their roster they should try to swing him for a 6th man combo guard if possible.

Why trade Granger when he can come off the bench. George and Hibbert have become the new faces of the team and him and George play the same position. He can be he 6th man behind him or Lance and if he comes back to form from injury he's possibly frontrunner for 6th moy and the pacers are for sure better than the bulls. Maybe even best in the conference.

stlbest5in2013
06-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I was think Bulls beat HEAT game 1 3 year go but **** it bra loss next 4 so Indy be wins games HEAT says fo real.

English? Do you know it at all?

WTF is this ****?

Kyben36
06-02-2013, 03:09 PM
this year, I was 100% sure the bulls would not beat the pacers in a 7 game series, this being said, with a healthy rose, I dont think there is any chance that the bulls loose a 7 game series.

I really liked the pacers going in against the heat though, I think a key to beating the heat is playing inside and rebounding while shuting down lebron the the best of your ability. if they win by shooting 3s from role players and Bosh jump shots you take the loss hapily.

I like the pacers alot right now, and wonder how they aproach the offseason, I know its early but Granger seems to be on his way out, David West needs an extension. these two things mean that there could be changes, but I like the way that George is developing however I still dont know if I see him or George as #1 options where they could take over a game on a consistant basis. I would like to see how they aproach Granger though and see if they deal him or not.

mngopher35
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Indy matches up better vs the heat. I think head to head would be a great series, but bulls win in 7 if healthy. Hibbert wouldn't dominate noah like this at all.

D-Leethal
06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Why trade Granger when he can come off the bench. George and Hibbert have become the new faces of the team and him and George play the same position. He can be he 6th man behind him or Lance and if he comes back to form from injury he's possibly frontrunner for 6th moy and the pacers are for sure better than the bulls. Maybe even best in the conference.

I just feel like its not a prime fit. It would probably work but I think there are better ways to maximize the roster. It almost seems like Amare on the Knicks off the bench where theres not really a role for him that makes sense and fits around the other parts, for Indy it would be tough to find a consistent role where the team can maintain its identity up front and Paul George remains the perimeter star with the ball in his hands. You would probably have to play Granger at the 4 given the amount of time George is on the court, that means your taking away from your defensive/rebounding mojo and going small some. I just think they are better suited moving that guy for a better backup PG/6th man which they clearly need more than another scoring 3/4.

TheLegend
06-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Spot on. Indy >> Chicago when playing against Heat. IF playing each-other however, Bulls >= Indy

I don't think u can really make that claim that chi>Indy because u haven't seen them play head to head lately. This isn't the same Pacers team. IMO, right now George is way better than Deng and hibbert has obviously improved as well. Plus u don't know how rose is going to be. Right now, and tho I'm a bulls fan, I have to give Indy a slight edge.

TheLegend
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM

Wow! Really?!??!!

LongWayFromHome
06-02-2013, 03:23 PM
English? Do you know it at all?

WTF is this ****?

I was mocking the OP.

TheLegend
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I was mocking the OP.

Before u mock anybody I think u need to learn how to write English bro.

LongWayFromHome
06-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Before u mock anybody I think u need to learn how to write English bro.

I was mocking your poor grammar. My horrible English was the joke.

Laidback_Scrapp
06-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I just feel like its not a prime fit. It would probably work but I think there are better ways to maximize the roster. It almost seems like Amare on the Knicks off the bench where theres not really a role for him that makes sense and fits around the other parts, for Indy it would be tough to find a consistent role where the team can maintain its identity up front and Paul George remains the perimeter star with the ball in his hands. You would probably have to play Granger at the 4 given the amount of time George is on the court, that means your taking away from your defensive/rebounding mojo and going small some. I just think they are better suited moving that guy for a better backup PG/6th man which they clearly need more than another scoring 3/4.

Your right they are very shaky at the guard positions. Besides dj they don't have a guard that would come off the bench and contrubute. That's why I said he can come in for George or lance. I just feel like he would be better off being an all star type player off the bench besides a franchise bust anywhere else. Hes still damn good.

Krizzle88
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
If Bulls have a healthy Rose. Bulls will always be better. Rose > the Pacers best player sorry Paul George

king4day
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
They will probably need to deal him away. I'd love to see them go after Kevin Love if they can afford it when he's a FA.
At least before George demands his max deal.

--23--
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
IF Boozer plays big, meaning giving us 18+ pts consistently along with getting his average rebounds(10) then I think the Bulls win, If not the Pacers win.

ManRam
06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
have said all year that i'd probably bet on the bulls with a healthy team if they played the heat. they'll do almost everything the pacers are doing now...plus they have derrick rose.

i know it's happened in the past, and the heat have won....but i just have that gut feeling.

PacersForLife
06-02-2013, 09:32 PM

Actually a scoring wing off the bench is exactly one of our needs. That along with a combo pg off the bench and a reliable backup pf. I mean just imagine if it was Danny Granger coming in instead of Sam Young. I think a healthy Danny would help this team so much because one of our biggest weaknesses is a guy who can score consistently and keep you in games. I think Danny would be fine in taking the role as a 6th man. He's been here longer than anybody on the roster and I think he just wants to win. Also, what do you honestly think we could get back in return for Granger? I think his trade value would have to be at an all-time low coming off a season-long injury.

Aapox
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
As I Bulls fan, I just have to say that I love the coaching of both teams, as well as their grit, determination and rising young talent. I'm honestly not sure which team is better. We'll have to wait and see next year what each team looks like and how the injured stars come back. Obviously, I am hoping Derrick comes back strong but I have always liked Danny Granger's clutch shooting and leadership and I definitely wish him all the best. It's funny to be rooting for Indiana right now, but in 6 months I'll hate them again :)

gbrl
06-03-2013, 12:28 AM
If Bulls have a healthy Rose. Bulls will always be better. Rose > the Pacers best player sorry Paul George

Carmelo was the best player in our last series and Lebron is now, like someone else said we don't know who's better as we haven't faced each other at full strength

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-03-2013, 02:17 AM

hill < rose
granger > butler
PG > deng (overrated)
west > booz
The amount of disrespect spewing from your mouth is ridiculous

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-03-2013, 02:19 AM
As I Bulls fan, I just have to say that I love the coaching of both teams, as well as their grit, determination and rising young talent. I'm honestly not sure which team is better. We'll have to wait and see next year what each team looks like and how the injured stars come back. Obviously, I am hoping Derrick comes back strong but I have always liked Danny Granger's clutch shooting and leadership and I definitely wish him all the best. It's funny to be rooting for Indiana right now, but in 6 months I'll hate them again :)
This

TheLegend
06-03-2013, 11:11 AM
have said all year that i'd probably bet on the bulls with a healthy team if they played the heat. they'll do almost everything the pacers are doing now...plus they have derrick rose.

i know it's happened in the past, and the heat have won....but i just have that gut feeling.

Incorrect. One thing the bulls don't have is players in the paint that can bully the heat around like west and hibbert is doing. Boozer never takes it to Miami in the post. I have seen boozer shoot fade-always against guys like Battier. And right now Hibbert is looking like the best center in the east. Good defender, rebounder, and some good touches with that baby hook shot. Love Noah's attitude but I have to give hibbert his credit. Even if Indy loses, they have definitely earned my respect.

pacofunk64
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM
The Bulls Pacers rivalry is going to be great for the years to come. They are both hard nosed great defenses. Very similar in the style of plays so right now I'd say they are about even. The one thing that sets them a part is the Bulls have a little more depth.

CubsBullsBucs
06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
the pacers will always be just 'one star away' from winning a championship. they are really good, but i dont give them a shot verse San Antonio if they win

TheLegend
06-03-2013, 12:12 PM
The Bulls Pacers rivalry is going to be great for the years to come. They are both hard nosed great defenses. Very similar in the style of plays so right now I'd say they are about even. The one thing that sets them a part is the Bulls have a little more depth.

More Depth how? Marco, Nate, and Nazi are free agents....no guarantee they will be back. Rip may be gone and Jimmy likely is a starter now.

TheLegend
06-03-2013, 12:14 PM
the pacers will always be just 'one star away' from winning a championship. they are really good, but i dont give them a shot verse San Antonio if they win

I can say the same about the Bulls. It can be said that the Bulls are one star away as well. Correct?
And If Indy beat the Heat, give them props even if they don't win the ship because I honestly don't see the Bulls beating the Heat ever because of our post play. No one to play on the blocks and that's what u need against Miami. Boozer plays to soft. Right now the Pacers have already done something the Bulls couldn't, and that's push Miami to the limits.

Shmontaine
06-03-2013, 01:04 PM
TL, does this mean you're officially renouncing your bulls 'fandom'??? you finally have the team in the pacers that you've longed for in the bulls.. or, perhaps this is simply another attempt to tell everyone the bulls are less than in your mind..

JordansBulls
06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Pacers pretty much was healthy all year and still didn't even win 50 games. No team that didn't even win 50 games is clearly better than another team that not only was missing it's star all year but had numerious injuries and still won 45 games.

STAT1
06-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Were vs was. Sorry. Just trying to better your future.

STAT1
06-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Whatever this means.

TheLegend
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Pacers pretty much was healthy all year and still didn't even win 50 games. No team that didn't even win 50 games is clearly better than another team that not only was missing it's star all year but had numerious injuries and still won 45 games.

That's the reg. season. Some teams are built for that while others are better in the playoffs where the games become a half court grind. I don't care If Indy wins 42 games in the regular season. They are giving Miami all they can handle and pushing them to the limit. Something the bulls have never done. We have never challenged Miami in the playoffs and u can't disregard that. Who cars about the regular season when you don't get a trophy for wins and 1st place.

Shmontaine
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
That's the reg. season. Some teams are built for that while others are better in the playoffs where the games become a half court grind. I don't care If Indy wins 42 games in the regular season. They are giving Miami all they can handle and pushing them to the limit. Something the bulls have never done. We have never challenged Miami in the playoffs and u can't disregard that. Who cars about the regular season when you don't get a trophy for wins and 1st place.

you're comparisons don't add up IMO. you use the pacers of this year, which i will agree have pushed miami as far as they can, to a banged up bulls team without DRose? you can't make accurate analysis doing this.

then you say since the relatively healthy bulls team didn't beat the heat 3 years ago (they handled the pacers in 5 games that year) is reasoning why the bulls are a less of a team than the pacers?

this series has more to with the heat players under-performing (bosh, wade) than the pacers IMO. You put the dwade that beat the heat 3 years ago on this years team, they beat the pacers in 5... You put a healthy drose & hinrich on the bulls this year, they push the heat to the limit IMO...

TheLegend
06-03-2013, 10:19 PM
you're comparisons don't add up IMO. you use the pacers of this year, which i will agree have pushed miami as far as they can, to a banged up bulls team without DRose? you can't make accurate analysis doing this.

then you say since the relatively healthy bulls team didn't beat the heat 3 years ago (they handled the pacers in 5 games that year) is reasoning why the bulls are a less of a team than the pacers?

this series has more to with the heat players under-performing (bosh, wade) than the pacers IMO. You put the dwade that beat the heat 3 years ago on this years team, they beat the pacers in 5... You put a healthy drose & hinrich on the bulls this year, they push the heat to the limit IMO...

All I'm saying, which was pretty clear, was that we have never pushed Miami to the limit at any point. Regardless of the excuse, we can't claim something we have yet to prove, or even come close for that matter. And we may be a better team than the pacers, but I don't think right now it's clear cut in any direction. Before, the bulls was better than indy, no debate. Now i feel its a conversation with the obvious growth of paul george and roy hibbert.

One thing Indy has that we don't is a real low post presence, but one thing we don't do is careless turnovers that Indy seems to be plaque with. i like the Bulls, but I'm not going to sit here and act like the Pacers are clearly behind them when they have clearly given one of our biggest obstacles more problems than we ever did.