PDA

View Full Version : Who has a better chance of beating the Spurs in the Finals?

sunsfan88
06-02-2013, 03:48 AM
The Pacers have the size with David West, Roy Hibbert and Ian Mahimi to perfectly match up with Boris Diaw, Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter.

West vs Diaw
Duncan vs Hibbert
Mahimi vs Splitter

(I know some of those guys don't start but I'm speaking through out the series not just the beginning of each game and half)

And then with Parker, you can counter with Paul George and then Lance Stephenson with Ginobili.

Only problem I see is that the Pacers are a half court team while the Spurs are more fast paced, and 3pt oriented. Hibbert won't be able to get buckets on Duncan like he has on Miami and the Spurs have MUCH better 3pt shooters and are more team oriented than Miami so Indy would have to adjust to that.

With the Heat, you would have to assume that Wade & Bosh will pick up the slack big time to eliminate the Spurs. Danny Green is a very good defender and if Wade has struggled against other inferior defenders through out the playoffs, I have a hard time believing that he could play well against Green. Duncan will obviously play better than Bosh but Chris will have to hold his own against Duncan-Splitter. Again, I have a hard time seeing this happen based on Bosh's play throughout these playoffs and Duncan's play throughout these playoffs. Obviously LeBron will dominate and SAS will have no answer for him (just like the rest of the 28 teams) but that probably will not be enough. And who knows, maybe Kawhi Leonard could slow LeBron for a little bit.

Ray Allen will have to match or do better than Ginobili in any series with SAS imo and that will be key.

So who do you think has a better chance of beating the Spurs in the Finals, the Pacers or the Heat?

JC_
06-02-2013, 04:04 AM
..the Spurs have MUCH better 3pt shooters and a lot more teamwork than Miami..

lol what

Joshtd1
06-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Personally think the Heat would. Teams that go small tend to give us a little more problems, though we haven't seen this year a real Spurs-Heat game since both teams sat their star guys. I personally don't think the Spurs would have as much trouble against the Pacers based on what I saw this year, and last. IMO anyway

sunsfan88
06-02-2013, 04:26 AM
lol what

I edited it to make more sense but what I was trying to say is that the Spurs don't just give the ball to one person and ask him to do everything...Miami does.

ewmania
06-02-2013, 04:39 AM
indie just because of the height

spurs can play miami at they own game and play it better... spurs have the height plus speed to play miami, out rebound them and can out score them

stealth33
06-02-2013, 06:32 AM
It's very hard to truthfully pick anyone over the Heat, although it depends what Heat team would be there. If they pull game 7 out and use it as a catalyst to bust out of their rut then they'll be in better shape than at this very moment, however I'm not completely sold. Yes Wade has looked like a shell of himself, but you have to credit Indiana with some of Lebron's supporting cast struggles. Paul George and Hibbert have combined to play some fantastic defense on Lebron regardless of whatever final numbers he's putting up. This has allowed the rest of the team to focus on their jobs. San Antonio is a fantastic team but the Pacers have a history with the Heat and have arguably played them better than any other team this year. Can San Antonio replicate that?

I believe officiating style has a lot to do with how any series would play out as well, and I don't mean anyone is getting screwed...however this Heat Pacers series has been officiated pretty loosely in the paint. Game 6 in particular they allowed a TON of contact both ways. I believe this favors a tough-nosed team like the Pacers that can get plenty of offensive boards off of those closely contested misses. The Heat, however, have two players that (when at their best) get to the line a lot and get freebies. If that doesn't happen, then they are losing a pretty critical stream of points.

All that is to say, it's very tough to predict but regardless off all the factors I think as a Spurs fan (I'm not), you have to be more afraid of the defending champs.

goingfor28
06-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Pops team will have Miami done by game 5 imo

BALLER R
06-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Don't you guys think pop is breaking down this series as we speak. Looking at how indiana beat the Heat. Miami can no win that series if wade and bosh continue to play the way they have been playing. It's gonna be like '07 all over again.

kdspurman
06-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I think they would defend Indy very similarly to the way they defended the bigs of Memphis and Lakers. 2 teams with not a lot of 3 point shooting will make spacing the floor tough. Though neither of those teams had a guy like Paul George.

I think Miami definitely though would have a better shot, they have shooters who can spread the floor. I worry more about that kind of team than a team like Indy. I think Indy is easier to game plan against.

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Neither. It's a wrap.

gbrl
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
miami. the spurs always give the pacers trouble we are 0-2 on the year although it was when hibbert was struggling