PDA

View Full Version : Should Miami amnesty Dwyane Wade?

mrblisterdundee
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Dwayne Wade, although still talented, looks to be petering into a pattern of long recoveries from surgery and a lack of drive that will make him a huge waste of money. The Heat, meanwhile, need to do everything they can to keep LeBron James a complementary Chris Bosh included and winning championships.
[B]So why not amnesty Wade and court a talented young guard or center or both with a decent offer sheet?
And for any Heat fans getting upset at this prospect being proposed so early: If you can mention Kobe Bryant in that conversation, you can mention Wade.
I'll, for instance, give my top five choices if I'm the Heat.

Restricted:
1. Brandon Jennings
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Jeff Teague
4. Darren Collison
5. Gary Neal

Unrestricted:
1. Chris Paul
2. O.J. Mayo (player option)
3. Monta Ellis (player option)
4. Andre Igoudala (early termination option)
5. Kevin Martin

In addition, there are some centers they could go after with that extra money:
1. Dwight Howard (unrestricted)
2. Al Jefferson (unrestricted)
3. Nikola Pekovic (restricted)
4. Andrew Bynum (unrestricted)
5. Emeka Okafor (unrestricted, early termination option)
3. Tiago Splitter (unrestricted)

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 12:32 AM
I'll take over reacting for $400 Alex!

Slug3
06-02-2013, 12:33 AM
I think if they were to do this they still would be over the cap and couldn't sign anyone. It would be pointless unless they want to save money.

waveycrockett
06-02-2013, 12:33 AM
People are going to say HELL NO. But if he has a Brandon Roy-type issue with his knee then they definitely should. His knees are always screwed up.

unleashthebeast
06-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Holy. ****. Shut. Up.

waveycrockett
I think if they were to do this they still would be over the cap and couldn't sign anyone. It would be pointless unless they want to save money.
Not really. They could unload Bosh real easy to put guys who better complement Bron around him.

RLundi
Most of these options are terrible except Paul and maybe Howard. The rest are completely cyclical and wouldn't represent an upgrade over Wade, except for age possibly. But the Heat may be able to trade one of the big 3, probably Bosh, who'll still have value at a decently young age, or either Bosh or Wade might opt out.

For better or worse, I think Miami is stuck with Wade.

Odominator
06-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Lakers amnesty kobe, miami amnesty wade, wade joins the lakers and kobe joins the heat! Win Win for everyoen but Wade.

akesh99
06-02-2013, 12:50 AM
^heyoo deal close thread

Mr.Nate30
06-02-2013, 12:53 AM
defiantly Wade sucks.

AP=MVP
06-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Lmfao

AP=MVP
06-02-2013, 12:55 AM
defiantly Wade sucks.

Go to hell you ****ing troll mother-****ing haters going to hate dumbass mother-****er

PS- :love: Nate

Mr.Nate30
06-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Go to hell you ****ing troll mother-****ing haters going to hate dumbass mother-****er

PS- :love: Nate

:( :( :(

PD- :love: AP

unleashthebeast
06-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I never thought the main forum would stoop to this level, but I can''t say that I am surprised :laugh2:

knicksfan42
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
He had an excellent regular season. Besides if they did amnesty him they would still have 67 million on the books. So they wouldn't have money to sign anyone.

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 02:34 AM
I never thought the main forum would stoop to this level, but I can''t say that I am surprised :laugh2:

You haven't seen anything yet. Don't let Miami lose. The forum is going to be flooded with "Wade is finished".... "What can the Heat get for Wade"...... "Wade should retire....."Lebron needs to leave"....."Miami is now Cleveland"......"It's a miracle Lebron got them this far".... threads.

I'm just getting my popcorn ready!

Chrisclover
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
hope he can bounce back

seikou8
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
You haven't seen anything yet. Don't let Miami lose. The forum is going to be flooded with "Wade is finished".... "What can the Heat get for Wade"...... "Wade should retire....."Lebron needs to leave"....."Miami is now Cleveland"......"It's a miracle Lebron got them this far".... threads.

dont forget lebron will never mj and kobe>lebron threads oh wait;) i just laugh at these posters

RaiderLakersA's
06-02-2013, 11:48 AM

It's already half way there. Win or lose I think this forum is going to go kamikaze on the Heat's perceived flaws.

Sly Guy
06-02-2013, 12:02 PM
threads like this are stupid. Wade showed the heat organization loyalty when he resigned with them, and even convinced the other 2 top free agents of that class to sign there with him. The heat, are now bound to wade for the duration of his contract or the whole organization looks like a douche for throwing him away.

Sure, Wade's production is down, he may never be the same player again and moving/amnestying him might be the right move from a basketball standpoint. But basketball players are more than just cogs in the machine, and bad treatment of wade reflects badly on the heat league-wide. So, like it or not, Wade's gonna get the Kobe treatment, where he's a Heatle as long as he wants to be.

Besides, you can't exactly say that it hasn't worked out for the heat already. 2-potentially 3- finals appearances in 3 years, and 1-potentially 2-'ships in that time. That's pretty good return on investment.

Jarvo
06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
They not about that life.

Sandman
06-02-2013, 01:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

COOLbeans
06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
no they shouldn't lol

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Lakers amnesty kobe, miami amnesty wade, wade joins the lakers and kobe joins the heat! Win Win for everyoen but Wade.

Im sure miami fans would love this, but as a laker fan? Not so much, i'd probably throw up.

ManRam
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
even with wade amnestied they couldn't sign any of those free agents, so the answer is "no". they won't get better by amnestying him. if doing so allowed them to sign a max player, then maybe it is worth it. but it doesn't, so it's not.

clearly a lot of people here have no idea how the salary cap works

we all played this game last year and wade bounced back to have a great regular season. spo and co. just need to pull a San Antonio with him and limit his minutes and games big time next year to make sure he's fresh in the playoffs.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2013, 05:37 PM

no thanks

Lake_Show2416
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
stupid.. as if the Heat couldnt trade him away if they really wanted to get rid of him which they shouldnt

only high profiled player that should b amnestied is Amare but Knicks cant

lavilevi23
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
This thread is a joke as the OP has no idea of a thing called cap.

IndiansFan337
06-02-2013, 11:33 PM
He is having a bad postseason, likely due to injuries. However, this proposition is ludicrous.

LongWayFromHome
06-03-2013, 03:01 AM
do you understand the cap or the cba or what amnestying is or anything?

they couldn't sign anybody even if they amnesty him.

this is getting painful.

Mcdoh
06-03-2013, 03:29 AM
not gonna happen.. and if they we're to do that i think they'll try to trade him 1st.. but again its not going to happen..

DasBoot
06-03-2013, 03:30 AM
14-15 Cavs Irving-McLemore-Lebron-Verajao-Cousins >>>>>> 12-13 Miami Heat

Bruno
06-03-2013, 03:44 AM
i wouldn't unless they know theyre getting paul, howard or jefferson in his place. can they even w amnesty? might be better to amnesty bosh and trade wade, or trade both of them.

wade can still be extremely valuable if he takes care of his injuries and slightly adapts his physical game ala kobe.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Trade him for pick to grab Oladipo and sign Howard? :nod: