PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on kobe vs lebron

nba pundit
06-01-2013, 11:37 PM
iv been a lurker on these forums a while and have seen a lot of the kobe vs lebron debates. i like them both and agree they are alltime greats. there is just something about watching kobe play that is more beautiful. he has such grace, skill, and finesse. lebron just pummels on in there and gets the basket. he has incredible size and athleticism. its hard for me to describe what i mean. watching kobe play is just drinking a fine wine, while watching lebron play is like drinking a 40 ounce. Watching kobe is like watching the godfather, while watching lebron is like watching a cheap action flick. watching kobe play is like eating a perfectly cooked steak, while watching lebron is like eating a mcdouble. i could go on. i feel i can express what i mean through these analogies better tahn with words.

anybody agree?

ManRam
06-01-2013, 11:39 PM
thanks for bringing a fresh and new topic to the table with your first post!

Purple_n_Gold
06-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Lol. Vino. This gets closed in 3,2,1...

jerellh528
06-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I agree with you, but this could have been said in any of the Kobe vs Lebron threads.

tredigs
06-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Your posting ability certainly does not have Kobe's grace. Or Ben Wallace's, for that matter. That's what I took from this.

Pakman
06-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Its like when lebron scores you say "dang he's strong" when kobe scores you say "wow that was amazing" yes I get it.

bucketss
06-01-2013, 11:44 PM
so basically what you're saying is you want to sleep with kobe? my first question is, are you a blonde?

b@llhog24
06-01-2013, 11:45 PM
thanks for bringing a fresh and new topic to the table with your first post!

Lol

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Kobe's a shooter and his game revolves around that.

LeBron is a slasher and his game revolves around that. I think that sums up your paragraph.

LongWayFromHome
06-01-2013, 11:46 PM
so basically what you're saying is you want to sleep with kobe? my first question is, are you a blonde?

unless he likes it rough.

lebron just pummels on in there

still1ballin
Birdman birdman

jerellh528

LeBron is a slasher and his game revolves around that. I think that sums up your paragraph.

Not so much.

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Not so much.

Great reasoning.

jerellh528
06-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Great reasoning.

hi pot, i'm kettle.

seikou8
06-01-2013, 11:51 PM
good to know still does not make him better

b@llhog24
06-01-2013, 11:55 PM
unless he likes it rough.

:laugh2:

*Superman*
06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
hi pot, i'm kettle.

A pot is to LeBron, as a kettle is too_____.

naps
06-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Kobe is fishing in the deep pacific and LeBron is battling for a championship. There you go! You can't compare a top 2 talent ever to a top 50 talent ever. C'mon now!

seikou8
06-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Kobe is fishing in the deep pacific and LeBron is battling for a championship. There you go! You can't compare a top 2 talent ever to a top 50 talent ever. C'mon now!

wait what:eyebrow:

bucketss
06-02-2013, 12:10 AM
wait what:eyebrow:

c'mon you're just a hater if you don't think kobe is a top 50 talent :)

seikou8
06-02-2013, 12:17 AM
c'mon you're just a hater if you don't think kobe is a top 50 talent :)

-call me a hater then he isn't in the top 100 :D

PhillyFaninLA
06-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Look you spineless SOB....you are a COWARD

LITTLE GIRL POST FROM YOUR REAL ACCOUNT....You are a filthy troll and little girl with not concept of integrity and are a waste of humanity.

Seriously grow a pair, don't make alts, and post from your real account

bucketss
06-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Look you spineless SOB....you are a COWARD

LITTLE GIRL POST FROM YOUR REAL ACCOUNT....You are a filthy troll and little girl with not concept of integrity and are a waste of humanity.

Seriously grow a pair, don't make alts, and post from your real account

agreed, its probably illusionaist posting from his computer at the subway his father owns lol.

Shlumpledink
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Now that we've cleared that up. Let's clear up what era of basketball was best

3's set u free
06-02-2013, 01:32 AM
iv been a lurker on these forums a while and have seen a lot of the kobe vs lebron debates. i like them both and agree they are alltime greats. there is just something about watching kobe play that is more beautiful. he has such grace, skill, and finesse. lebron just pummels on in there and gets the basket. he has incredible size and athleticism. its hard for me to describe what i mean. watching kobe play is just drinking a fine wine, while watching lebron play is like drinking a 40 ounce. Watching kobe is like watching the godfather, while watching lebron is like watching a cheap action flick. watching kobe play is like eating a perfectly cooked steak, while watching lebron is like eating a mcdouble. i could go on. i feel i can express what i mean through these analogies better tahn with words.

anybody agree?

I don't totally agree but I do like the thread as it addresses why there are fans on both sides and many love one and hate the other. The biggest difference between the two is Lebron mainly relies on a power game to dominate while Kobe has always relied on an all around game. Lebron is at his best when he is attacking the basket and Kobe is best when his mid-range is working to open up the rest of his game. It doesnt make one better than the other.

With that said wins seem to translate better when you can get easy baskets. So I see Lebron very similar to Shaq. One of the most dominant ever and at his best hard to find many better. Both relying mainly on physical gifts so it will be interesting to see if Lebron has the longevity Kobe has it doesnt seem like he will. Once his athleticism fades I am not sure what he is going to do with his game. Players like that have not aged well typically Vince Carter is a good example. He was dominating with Kobe when he was in his athletic prime and now hes barely a role player.

Both are amazing both top 10 all time but certainly Kobe has done it for much longer. Lebron is more effecient because of far superior physical gifts.

amos1er
06-02-2013, 01:50 AM

anybody agree?

Great first post!!! :clap:

Totally agree!!!

seikou8
06-02-2013, 09:04 AM

Totally agree!!!

of course you do agree with anything that discredits LeBron and pump up kobe its ok tho:clap:

KingPosey
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM

no.

KingPosey
06-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Youre right for sure. LBJ just runs down hill and barrels his way to the basket. He is going to get the calls, and his strength, sized and athleticism make it a good play for him. He has sloppy footwork, and even though he runs the point very well he absolutely does not have outstanding ball control when he handles the rock. He uses his god given talents to put the ball in the hole, and it works really well though.

seikou8
06-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Youre right for sure. LBJ just runs down hill and barrels his way to the basket. He is going to get the calls, and his strength, sized and athleticism make it a good play for him. He has sloppy footwork, and even though he runs the point very well he absolutely does not have outstanding ball control when he handles the rock. He uses his god given talents to put the ball in the hole, and it works really well though.

and has improved his shooting also his passing is top notch better than jacking up 20 fadeways:hide:

bucketss
06-02-2013, 10:39 AM
i think im the only one who doesn't find kobe fun to watch at all, atleast these past two years.

siix
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
kobe>lebron

mngopher35
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
People that like more pure scorers (mini Jordan type) will certainly like Kobe more.I think that Kobe has a "smoother" game if you want to call it that. He has nice looking fadeaways, good footwork, fluid jumper etc.

Lebron to me is fun to watch because of his decision making and physical/natural ability. I like Lebron because of all he different things he can do on the court as well. He always seems to make the right basketball play (almost to a fault) and it leads to some really great passes. He is one of the most athletic players to ever play the game, and that is fun to watch in itself (dunks, oops, blocks etc). Even though his jumper and post game aren't as "smooth" he has continued to improve in these areas and has become good at both. To me I am watching a different type of player than I've ever really seen, because of his athletic ability and what he can do on both sides of the court.

RaiderLakersA's
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I agree with you, but this could have been said in any of the Kobe vs Lebron threads.

I am starting to think that when posters first join up they get an email that reads "Help us get to 1 Billion threads on Kobe and LeBron and you'll win a great prize." I think this thread gets us to 999MM.

seikou8
06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
People that like more pure scorers (mini Jordan type) will certainly like Kobe more.I think that Kobe has a "smoother" game if you want to call it that. He has nice looking fadeaways, good footwork, fluid jumper etc.

Lebron to me is fun to watch because of his decision making and physical/natural ability. I like Lebron because of all he different things he can do on the court as well. He always seems to make the right basketball play (almost to a fault) and it leads to some really great passes. He is one of the most athletic players to ever play the game, and that is fun to watch in itself (dunks, oops, blocks etc). Even though his jumper and post game aren't as "smooth" he has continued to improve in these areas and has become good at both. To me I am watching a different type of player than I've ever really seen, because of his athletic ability and what he can do on both sides of the court.

this

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 04:37 PM

wut:confused:

haha this troll.

amos1er
06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
How is it that my thread about Kobe's late game shooting gets closed, yet this garbage stays open???

I swear, these Lebronites are afraid of the truth.

RiceOnTheRun
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Kobe can make tougher shots, but that's because he takes tougher shots.

Lebron usually makes the smarter play imo. Rather than take a long jumper, he'll take it to the rim or find the open guy.

Game 1 of the ECF is a perfect situation. Kobe most likely would've pump faked and shot the ball from there, made it look cool and all. Whether it goes in or not, well that's 50/50.

bucketss
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
How is it that my thread about Kobe's late game shooting gets closed, yet this garbage stays open???

you do know this is an Anti-leborn, pro kobe thread right? but yeah i agree, this thread is pure garbage.

Panoy
06-03-2013, 03:51 AM

Totally agree!!!

Why do I had the feeling that you would agree on this.. I'm sure you already missed Kobe by now.

Panoy
06-03-2013, 03:56 AM

What truth? that Lebron is much better than Kobe needs no debate? or that Kobe has gone fishing while Lebron is still playing for the Crown? Oh poor amos...

Mcdoh
06-03-2013, 04:39 AM
What truth? that Lebron is much better than Kobe needs no debate? or that Kobe has gone fishing while Lebron is still playing for the Crown? Oh poor amos...

lol..u mad?

Teeboy1487
06-03-2013, 04:41 AM
I'm so sick of this pissing match between the two and I'm sick of seeing grown men act like a bunch of Justin Bieber fan girls to defend their favorite player . Give it a rest people.

naps
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Why are people discussing a player who's not even a part of the post-season?

Kobes a Killer
06-03-2013, 05:19 AM
He had a career year this year... And although he can barely get above the rim he's been dunking on dudes all year. All in all a great year for Kobe (not the Lakers) with a bitter bitter end.

By career year i don't mean best of his career just one of his better ones individually.

Meant to reply with quote, oh well, more liquor

Kobes a Killer
06-03-2013, 05:30 AM

Ya cause Lebron is competing in the strongest conference of all time in the history of sports.

Milwaukee, Chicago, Pacers... Each were contenders to win it all this year. Such an accomplishment.

Come at me and the Laker fans when they beat a great Spurs team (if they even get there). Then I will show him respect. Just like I did last year when he earned it and they beat OKC.