PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Are The Definite Favorites For Howard???

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM
As NBA fans most of us non Lakers fans would agree the Rockets are a dream fit for Dwight. Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld just said this.

"At this point, Houston is definitely the frontrunner for Dwight Howard. He's leaning toward the Rockets, but we'll see what happens in July."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9328547/houston-rockets-hopeful-land-dwight-howard-sources-say

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Harden
Howard
Parsons
Lin

Sounds like a winning team.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 09:49 PM
this dwightmare is gonna be non stop once again. i do think it makes sense for him to go to houston though.

Avenged
05-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Good. Byeeeee Dwight!

ArmLaker
05-31-2013, 09:51 PM
This guy couldn't do jack with Kobe, Pau and Nash. Wtf is he gonna accomplish with an overrated Harden?

Htownballa1622
05-31-2013, 09:55 PM
This guy couldn't do jack with Kobe, Pau and Nash. Wtf is he gonna accomplish with an overrated Harden?

Oh ok. Harden's overrated now. Cool. :rolleyes:

I'll wait until July 1st before I take any of this seriously.

Blitzace137
05-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Harden
Howard
Parsons
Lin

If they flip Asik for a PF or if Terrance Jones could keep on improving that's a pretty good starting 5 with Beverley Garcia and Delfino off the bench.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 09:56 PM
"Dwight Howard has already talked to James Harden, according to multiple sources. I believe he has spoken to Chandler Parsons as well."

Alex Kennedy

Of course he's talked to Parsons. They just spent a day laughing it up filming a commercial.

LakersIn5
05-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Harden
Howard
Parsons
Lin

dwight
kobe
pau
nash

sounded like a winning team too last year

Mr_Jones
I like Dwight and I think he's a dominant player, but I don't know if I would want him being my franchise player.

He's just got a lot of flaws in his game that can, of course, be fixed; however, his mental toughness is what bothers me. LA is a tough place to play and a lot would have to happen in order for him to be able to handle it.

I'd like for him to come back, but I'd be completely OK with moving Pau up to the 5 and getting a real power forward and acquiring a young small forward. You can't do that if Dwight stays. So, either way, it's a win-win, in my eyes. 2014 and 2015 is right around the corner and the Lakers will have a lot of money, so those franchise players are possible. Losing Dwight wouldn't be the end of the world. It was cool seeing him in LA for that short while, though.

shep33
Is this good or bad news? I'd say a majority of Laker fans are so annoyed with him that they really don't care anymore.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2013, 10:05 PM
I live in Houston, fan of the team, but what Dwight are they getting?

My view of him has changed so drastically the past 2 years. Luckily, they can only give him a 4 year deal, and he would be the obvious second banana going forward, which at this point, probably suits him. Plus, he would be in a market that wouldn't be all over him, 24/7.

Aust
05-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Please go Dwight. Tired of this.

Raidaz4Life
05-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Eh, like most Lakers fans I wouldn't be too upset if he left. That being said I'm still convinced he resigns with the Lakers.

justinnum1
05-31-2013, 10:12 PM
a healthy dwight and harden is a contender for sure.

lakersiznumber1
Is this good or bad news? I'd say a majority of Laker fans are so annoyed with him that they really don't care anymore.

this!!
Laker fans are tired of this diva now- ship him out if he doesn't want to be here this isn't Orlando we will land on our feet very soon bye so long Dwight

BigCityofDreams

They'll care if he goes to Houston and plays well while D'antoni is looking like a lost puppy out there.

shep33
05-31-2013, 10:17 PM
True, don't get me wrong, I'd like for him to come back because he's a talent... but the headache that goes along with the package is just crazy.

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2013, 10:22 PM
True, don't get me wrong, I'd like for him to come back because he's a talent... but the headache that goes along with the package is just crazy.

It is. He has some growing up to do that's for sure.

shep33
05-31-2013, 10:26 PM
I dunno. Is he worth the 118 mill? I used to think so, but he may never be the same player again, he's still a huge liability on offense, and his attitude is pretty poor.

Another thing to add, I think he kinda gets exposed in the Western Conference. A lot more talented bigs out in the west

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 10:31 PM
At this point he can either go or stay it doesn't even matter. This dude has more mood swings than a bi-polar pregnant 16 year old.

The fact that his main gripe was he wanted to be # 1, yet he's willing to go to Hardens team lets you know he's a confused dude....

Mr_Jones
05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
The Lakers started winning games again with Pau at the C, and Kobe seems to prefer it that way, too. If Kobe wants that, then they should just let it happen. They won 2 rings with Pau playing the center position so why not give it a shot. The Lakers owe it to Pau to let him start and be their main big man. He's taken a lot of **** (some of it warranted) but he's stuck with it and been a professional.

Then, in 2014, they'll have even MORE room for free agents.

Marques24kobe
05-31-2013, 10:38 PM
He's a talent that's for sure. I will be happy if he stays. But I would not be bummed out if he leaves. The one thing I don't know if he has is that winning at all cost attitude. This is what will keep him from being great. My hope is after he signs wherever he will re dedicate himself, and quit being concerned about what people think about him. But Houston at this point in time, definitely have more to offer-talent wise.

soundjunkies2
05-31-2013, 10:39 PM
I take all these reports with a grain of salt but i'd be surprise if Dwight goes back to LA.

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2013, 10:39 PM
I dunno. Is he worth the 118 mill? I used to think so, but he may never be the same player again, he's still a huge liability on offense, and his attitude is pretty poor.

Another thing to add, I think he kinda gets exposed in the Western Conference. A lot more talented bigs out in the west

You made some good points and there is cause for concern. I know many fans thinks if he leaves then it opens up for Lebron as a FA or Wiggins in the draft. I don't see either of those things happening.

shep33
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM
You made some good points and there is cause for concern. I know many fans thinks if he leaves then it opens up for Lebron as a FA or Wiggins in the draft. I don't see either of those things happening.

True. I don't think either happens as well. I just don't know if we can win with D12 as our best player.

I'm interested to see what happens in Houston. He'll probably complain in a month about touches

Avenged
05-31-2013, 10:53 PM
The thing with Dwight is he is the ultimate system player, same with Nash. You need to provide him with specific players for him to be effective. Houston has exactly what he needs.

DreamShaker
05-31-2013, 10:59 PM
I am back and forth on him. I know he has talent, but I am still bothered by the way we gutted our team just to strike out on him. Not sure if I want to see that again. I just dont trust he is leaving the Lakers.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
The thing with Dwight is he is the ultimate
system player, same with Nash. You need to provide him with specific players for him to be effective. Houston has exactly what he needs.

They have more weapons but I wouldn't say they're exactly what he needs. Harden has the ball in his hands a lot and has no problem shooting whenever he wants for stretches at a time.

Like someone else said I can imagine Howard pouting about touches like he did with the Lakers. Also there's the question of Asik taking up Howard's space in the paint, unless they bench him or trade him. Plus Lins J is horrid.

So the situation is better but it's not a dream fit. To me Dallas is a better fit actually...

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2013, 11:17 PM
True. I don't think either happens as well. I just don't know if we can win with D12 as our best player.

I'm interested to see what happens in Houston. He'll probably complain in a month about touches

lol true he might do that in Hou. It wouldn't be a surprise.

*Superman*
05-31-2013, 11:18 PM
I think it's the Rockets. Thing is he wants to win now. He's said it over and over and that is one thing I believe out of his mouth. Rockets are the best situation for him and he finally gets a good supporting cast.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2013, 11:18 PM

Maybe nothin this year, but Houston's future is infinitely brighter than the Lakers at this point. Kobe 34, Nash 39, Pau 32. That's a very old core. They couldn't get it together this year and they're just gonna keep getting older.

Houston has a bunch of young assets in Robinson, Beverley, T. Jones, Smith, and Montiejunas. They have a budding superstar in Harden, solid/young role players in Asik, Parsons, and Lin. Throw in Howard and you have one hell of a team with the potential to be better year after year.

If he cares about winning/his future, he'll go to Houston.

If he wants the fame/party-life and to dwell in mediocrity for a few years, he'll pick L.A.

It's a no brainer IMO

Rivera
05-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Here we go again

Asik's better
05-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Alot of the Dwight's headaches come from his contract situation. I think if he gets a long term contract, he will settle down a bit. No matter where it is.

Also with Asik and Howard working together, it could work, I could see Asik clearing out a bit offensively giving Howard room. Defensively that's a scarey tandem.

*Superman*
05-31-2013, 11:21 PM

Really? And it's pretty unfair to blame the whole Lakers season on Dwight, no?

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Alot of the Dwight's headaches come from his contract situation. I think if he gets a long term contract, he will settle down a bit. No matter where it is.

Also with Asik and Howard working together, it could work, I could see Asik clearing out a bit offensively giving Howard room. Defensively that's a scarey tandem.

You guys would have to get rid of Asik to make room to offer Dwight the Max.

Legitimate
05-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Dwightmare all over again, can't believe i'm going to say this, but I actually feel sorry for laker fans =).

jerellh528
05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Harden
Howard
Parsons
Lin

Harden<kobe
Howard=howard
Parsons<pau
Lin<nash

It all looks good untill the games are played

Dade County
05-31-2013, 11:27 PM
I only see Howard going to Houston, if Cp3 joins him... That will put them over the top.

Dade County
05-31-2013, 11:29 PM
I think it's the Rockets. Thing is he wants to win now. He's said it over and over and that is one thing I believe out of his mouth. Rockets are the best situation for him and he finally gets a good supporting cast.

Then he should go to OKC.

*Superman*
05-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Harden<kobe
Howard=howard
Parsons<pau
Lin<nash

Dude they can't even stay healthy, you're acting like they're in their primes. That LA team is garbage now, it needs to be blown up.

*Superman*
05-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Then he should go to OKC.

Maybe if they had the money.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Harden<kobe
Howard=howard
Parsons<pau
Lin<nash

This isn't a fair evaluation of the situation.

The reason it didn't work in L.A is because they had 4 stars that need the ball in their hands in order to be effective. Their ball movement was horrible/76ers-esque and I was shocked at how uninvolved Nash, Howard, and Pau were in the offense. Before the season I was envisioning Nash wreaking havoc on defenses and feeding the post with those twin towers downlow and Kobe being able to take it easy a bit, only iso-ing when necessary. Instead, Kobe iso'd every play and Howard and co were barely involved in the offense. D'antoni didn't know how to put the pieces together (where's Phil?)

In Houston, Howard would once again be the #1 option (or 1A rather) like he was in Orlando. Houston has plenty of shooters on the perimeter and I imagine that offense would be much more efficient having howard downlow with ability to kick it out to his shooters. It's just a much better fit.

jerellh528
05-31-2013, 11:36 PM
dupe post

jerellh528
05-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Dude they can't even stay healthy, you're acting like they're in their primes. That LA team is garbage now, it needs to be blown up.

This isn't a fair evaluation of the situation.

The reason it didn't work in L.A is because they had 4 stars that need the ball in their hands in order to be effective. Their ball movement was horrible/76ers-esque and I was shocked at how uninvolved Nash, Howard, and Pau were in the offense. Before the season I was envisioning Nash wreaking havoc on defenses and feeding the post with those twin towers downlow and Kobe being able to take it easy a bit, only iso-ing when necessary. Instead, Kobe iso'd every play and Howard and co were barely involved in the offense. D'antoni didn't know how to put the pieces together (where's Phil?)

In Houston, Howard would once again be the #1 option (or 1A rather) like he was in Orlando. Houston has plenty of shooters on the perimeter and I imagine that offense would be much more efficient having howard downlow with ability to kick it out to his shooters. It's just a much better fit.

I know dude, thats the point i was trying to make to ocean spray, That just because something looks good on paper, it might not work.. and of course hindsight is 20/20 because before the season started many if not most people thought lakers would be a definite championship caliber team.

beliges
05-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Eh Dwight in Houston will be a 2nd round team for quite some time and certainly not title contenders. People are highly overrating the rockets and most especially overrating Dwight. With that said Dwight is very likely staying put in LA.

GThawks
05-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Best chance for him to win would be come to Atlanta and bring Chris Paul. Paul, Howard, Horford, Williams and maybe even J Smith if he decides to take less to play with that trio.
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Lou Williams
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Al Horford
C: Dwight Howard

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Eh Dwight in Houston will be a 2nd round team for quite some time and certainly not title contenders. People are highly overrating the rockets and most especially overrating Dwight. With that said Dwight is very likely staying put in LA.

********. They are looking at 3 perennial all stars in Howard, Harden and likely Parsons soon. Definitely a legit title contender. Hell they scare me for sure.

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 12:02 AM
I know dude, thats the point i was trying to make to ocean spray, That just because something looks good on paper, it might not work.. and of course hindsight is 20/20 because before the season started many if not most people thought lakers would be a definite championship caliber team.

Either way, just compare the ages of the players. Injuries are always a concern for older teams. With Houston he can join a young, up and coming team that is still learning and getting better. But I get what you're trying to point at now.

Tony_Starks
06-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Eh
Dwight in Houston will be a 2nd round team for quite some time and certainly not title contenders. People are highly overrating the rockets and most especially overrating Dwight. With that said Dwight is very likely staying put in LA.

That's how I see it. People are acting like plug in Dwight and they're instantly better than Spurs, OKC, Memphis, and Clippers. All those teams have bigs that are more than capable of defending him one on one.

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 12:06 AM
********. They are looking at 3 perennial all stars in Howard, Harden and likely Parsons soon. Definitely a legit title contender. Hell they scare me for sure.

Yeah if Dwight can get back to his Orlando form, they will do some real damage come playoffs because they have a legit scorer in Harden and a big man to anchor the defense with Howard, plus a great surrounding cast with Lin, Parsons etc. IMO it will be a lite version of Kobe/Shaq.

ink
06-01-2013, 12:16 AM

I don't know about staying in LA but Howard is definitely over-rated, wherever he goes.

ink
06-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah if Dwight can get back to his Orlando form, they will do some real damage come playoffs because they have a legit scorer in Harden and a big man to anchor the defense with Howard, plus a great surrounding cast with Lin, Parsons etc. IMO it will be a lite version of Kobe/Shaq.

Very lite.

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Very lite.

;)

I knew I should have emphasized the lite part. Obviously Kobe is free as seagull.

KingstonHawke
06-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I still think the Cavs should do all they can to acquire Howard. They got a chance to put together a really special roster.

I'd make a 3 way deal with the Pacers and TWolves...

Wolves get the 2013 #1 overall + Thompson + Waiters + Verajao + Miles
Pacers get Irving + Gee
Cavs get Love + George + Green + Plumlee

I tried it out in the trade machine and the money works out. They'd actually save $6.2 million. End up with two stars (depending on who you ask) and it would set them up not only to acquire Howard, but Paul as well. Nothing is guaranteed obviously, but I don't see how Howard or Paul would pass up the option to join what would amount to the best roster in the league.

Chris Paul
Gerald Green
Paul George
Kevin Love - Miles Plumlee
Dwight Howard - Tyler Zeller

I know that you'd be asking Howard and Paul to take a paycut, and to leave LA for Cleveland. But if anything is going to get it done, it's that core. And keep in mind that Kobe (won't, but) could get amnestied. And this would put them in the best position to land him.

Worse case scenario you still have Love, George, and a ton of cap space.

P.s. I intentionally overpaid for the sake of making sure that everyone would consider that those deals were realistic.

DoMeFavors
06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Lakers fans wanted him so badly he wanted only to go to the Nets and after he was traded to Lakers you all laughed at Nets fans. He never wanted to go there. The Lakers should have just let him make his way here like planned.

shep33
06-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Lakers fans wanted him so badly he wanted only to go to the Nets and after he was traded to Lakers you all laughed at Nets fans. He never wanted to go there. The Lakers should have just let him make his way here like planned.

Meh, but it was still a good trade for LAL. We gave up Bynum, so if he walks... well at least Bynum didn't get that 100 mill extension.

DoMeFavors
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Meh, but it was still a good trade for LAL. We gave up Bynum, so if he walks... well at least Bynum didn't get that 100 mill extension.

Bynum is still a top c in the league

ThunderousDemon
06-01-2013, 01:10 AM

If he's healthy.

Tony_Starks
06-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I still think the Cavs should do all they
can to acquire Howard. They got a chance to put together a really special roster.

Pacers get Irving + Gee

I tried it out in the trade machine and the money works out. They'd actually save $6.2 million. End up with two stars (depending on who you ask) and it would set them up not only to acquire Howard, but Paul as well. Nothing is guaranteed obviously, but I don't see how Howard or Paul would pass up the option to join what would amount to the best roster in the league.

Chris Paul
Gerald Green
Paul George

I know that you'd be asking Howard and Paul to take a paycut, and to leave LA for Cleveland. But if anything is going to get it done, it's that core. And keep in mind that Kobe (won't, but) could get amnestied. And this would put them in the best position to land him.

P.s. I intentionally overpaid for the sake of making sure that everyone would consider that those deals were realistic.

Clev can't sign him outright so Lakers would have to facilitate a sign and trade for them to get him at his price. Lakers would probably go for it depending on the package coming back but I seriously doubt Dwight wants to be in Cleveland...

shep33
06-01-2013, 01:16 AM

Yeah, when he's healthy, which is seemingly never

Tony_Starks
06-01-2013, 01:16 AM

Call me crazy but I would actually let Dwight walk and sign Bynum at a discount. Kobe's going to be out for a while so there's no rush for Bynum to come back. Let him rehab as long as it takes.

Play out the season then next season you can bring back Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Nash, and have a ton of cap space to go free agent shopping.

DoMeFavors
06-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Lakers really need to clean house this offseason im talking Nash, Gasol, Dwight, Artest gone and start building towards the future. If Kobe doesnt want to stick around for the rebuilding period he can retire or go elsewhere. This team has been together too long and they are still trying to hold onto it.

Send Nash to NYK for Felton or something
Gasol to Dallas
Artest amnesty

and just go from there. This Lakers team is under Dantoni now just get a bunch of 3 point shooters, Felton had a good season under Mike.

b@llhog24
06-01-2013, 01:33 AM

The Harden hype train ended a long time ago.

He's a talent that's for sure. I will be happy if he stays. But I would not be bummed out if he leaves. The one thing I don't know if he has is that winning at all cost attitude. This is what will keep him from being great. My hope is after he signs wherever he will re dedicate himself, and quit being concerned about what people think about him. But Houston at this point in time, definitely have more to offer-talent wise.

Good post.

The thing with Dwight is he is the ultimate system player, same with Nash. You need to provide him with specific players for him to be effective. Houston has exactly what he needs.

+1.

They have more weapons but I wouldn't say they're exactly what he needs. Harden has the ball in his hands a lot and has no problem shooting whenever he wants for stretches at a time.

Like someone else said I can imagine Howard pouting about touches like he did with the Lakers. Also there's the question of Asik taking up Howard's space in the paint, unless they bench him or trade him. Plus Lins J is horrid.

So the situation is better but it's not a dream fit. To me Dallas is a better fit actually...

Averaging for the past two years, Harden averages under 15 shot attempts a game. He's not the most unselfish superstar/star by any means, but he's not the type to hog the ball when there's actual talent around.

TheNumber37
06-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Lakers better concede and sign and trade for asik, Thompson and Lin and picks...

TheNumber37
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Thomas Robinson

b@llhog24
06-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Harden<kobe
Howard=howard
Parsons<pau
Lin<nash

Too many ball dominant, defensive liabilities and injury prone players could do that to you.

b@llhog24
06-01-2013, 01:42 AM

I still think the Cavs should do all they can to acquire Howard. They got a chance to put together a really special roster.

Pacers get Irving + Gee

Chris Paul
Gerald Green
Paul George

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Asik's better
06-01-2013, 01:46 AM
That's how I see it. People are acting like plug in Dwight and they're instantly better than Spurs, OKC, Memphis, and Clippers. All those teams have bigs that are more than capable of defending him one on one.

If the rockets where to get Dwight, they would be at Memphis level. the rockets would be better than the clippers. To get to the next level, alot would depend on the development of parsons, Lin, bevs and jones.

KINGBAIZE
06-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Harden
Howard
Parsons
Lin

The scariest lineup I can think of with D. Howard on Houston

J. Lin
J. Harden
T. Jones
D. Howard (4!!!
O. Asik

^^^ now thas a problem

NYSpirit1
06-01-2013, 01:53 AM
dwight
kobe
pau
nash

sounded like a winning team too last year

The only person Kobe has to blame is himself. Much like Wade and Bosh sacrificed their games and took the backseat for LeBron, Kobe couldn't do that for Howard/Nash.

Could Wade still average 27 healthy? Sure. But he doesn't because it's not best for the team. Could Bosh still get 20-10 if he was the focal point and played closer to the basket? Of course. But he sacrificed shots and moving out to the perimeter, sacrificing rebounds, to give LeBron more room to operate.

Kobe? He had to call himself the best PG ever 'if I wanted to be'. Stole Nash's role. Stole Howard's spotlight. And only really felt comfortable with Pau since he knows Pau will play backseat to him.

If Kobe was able to tone down his game and shoot 52% and average 18 PPG, the Lakers would be in the Finals right now. But Kobe was too selfish to let Dwight get his touches and let Nash have full control of the ball. No, he wanted to be the man again on a championship team. Instead, he nearly ended his career and his team has been out of the playoffs for a month and a half.

You and every Laker fan are crazy if you think Dwight's coming back. He's not. Not to an aged team with Kobe not wanting to give up the spotlight. To go play with a better star, younger star at 24, an unselfish star in Harden is just way too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Next year this time we may see Rockets vs. Heat in the Finals. Which ultimately means we'll see the Lakers in the lottery.

Dade County
06-01-2013, 01:55 AM
At this point he can either go or stay it doesn't even matter. This dude has more mood swings than a bi-polar pregnant 16 year old.

The fact that his main gripe was he wanted to be # 1, yet he's willing to go to Hardens team lets you know he's a confused dude....

He wanted to be the #1 option with the Nets, not L.A. So thats confusing in it's on right.

Tony_Starks
06-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Lakers better concede and sign and trade for asik, Thompson and Lin and picks...

I would throw up if Lakers traded for Lin and Asik. No thanks, let him walk.

metsfan99999
06-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Send Nash to NYK for Felton or something
Gasol to Dallas
Artest amnesty

and just go from there. This Lakers team is under Dantoni now just get a bunch of 3 point shooters, Felton had a good season under Mike.

Why the hell would the Knicks possibly trade a 28 year old point guard with a great contract (who put up numbers comparable to Nash's last year) for a 39 year old point guard with a bad contract who missed almost half of last season?

KINGBAIZE
06-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Why the hell would the Knicks possibly trade a 28 year old point guard with a great contract (who put up numbers comparable to Nash's last year) for a 39 year old point guard with a bad contract who missed almost half of last season?

I agree... plus Felton is the glue to NY. The 1 piece I know NY wish they coulda kept was W. Chandler! That's the sidekick Melo needs as a scorer. BUUUUT... too late.

Gagan136
06-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Laker fans that are actually saying " good, please leave dwight" is ********, id love for him to resign, he is a great player still, and should not have any injuries at the beginning of the season. But if he does choose to leave, that's good for him.

Shlumpledink
06-01-2013, 01:36 PM
In the immediate sense it's the best fit for Howard. They have their team set up now, and for the future.

Although I'm one of the few on this board who doesn't think highly of Harden, so I don't think this team will actually win anything, but they'd definitely be a lot better with Dwight Howard and Omer Asik coming off the bench.

Jenceman
06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
The only person Kobe has to blame is himself. Much like Wade and Bosh sacrificed their games and took the backseat for LeBron, Kobe couldn't do that for Howard/Nash.

Could Wade still average 27 healthy? Sure. But he doesn't because it's not best for the team. Could Bosh still get 20-10 if he was the focal point and played closer to the basket? Of course. But he sacrificed shots and moving out to the perimeter, sacrificing rebounds, to give LeBron more room to operate.

Kobe? He had to call himself the best PG ever 'if I wanted to be'. Stole Nash's role. Stole Howard's spotlight. And only really felt comfortable with Pau since he knows Pau will play backseat to him.

If Kobe was able to tone down his game and shoot 52% and average 18 PPG, the Lakers would be in the Finals right now. But Kobe was too selfish to let Dwight get his touches and let Nash have full control of the ball. No, he wanted to be the man again on a championship team. Instead, he nearly ended his career and his team has been out of the playoffs for a month and a half.

You and every Laker fan are crazy if you think Dwight's coming back. He's not. Not to an aged team with Kobe not wanting to give up the spotlight. To go play with a better star, younger star at 24, an unselfish star in Harden is just way too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Next year this time we may see Rockets vs. Heat in the Finals. Which ultimately means we'll see the Lakers in the lottery.

Yeah you must have not watched a single Lakers game. Nash isn't Nash anymore. The team was doing terrible with Nash handling the ball. Dude couldn't bring up against pressure to save his life. Kobe is the only thing that kept that team from winning under 35 games.

raiderposting
06-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Let dwight go. Kobe sits for a year. Trade nash at the deadline for an expiring. Get wiggins, sign kobe to a 2 year deal, max out cousins. Have some more money for another star or 2-3 good players. Fastest rebuild ever.

BigCityofDreams
06-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I would throw up if Lakers traded for Lin and Asik. No thanks, let him walk.

+1

It's funny that ppl think the Lakers would even entertain something like that. They would rather let him walk.

BigCityofDreams
06-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Let dwight go. Kobe sits for a year. Trade nash at the deadline for an expiring. Get wiggins, sign kobe to a 2 year deal, max out cousins. Have some more money for another star or 2-3 good players. Fastest rebuild ever.

No way they get Wiggins.

raiderposting
06-01-2013, 06:20 PM
No way they get Wiggins.

Wat are you talking about? If dwight stays with the current roster and kobe out for a while they'll finish no better than 8th worst. Ur tellin me they won't win the lotto? If dwight does leave they'll finish no better than bottom 5.

BigCityofDreams
06-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Wat are you talking about? If dwight stays with the current roster and kobe out for a while they'll finish no better than 8th worst. Ur tellin me they won't win the lotto? If dwight does leave they'll finish no better than bottom 5.

Kobe is the type of player that is going to do his best to comeback and play as much as possible. I don't see him or the organization willing to tank in order to get the number 1 even if Dwight does leave. Whenever it comes to the draft you're leaving it up to chance. The Celtics thought they were going to get Duncan and it didn't happen.

Will the Laker fans that go to games be ok with seeing an inferior product on the court?

raiderposting
06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Kobe is the type of player that is going to do his best to comeback and play as much as possible. I don't see him or the organization willing to tank in order to get the number 1 even if Dwight does leave. Whenever it comes to the draft you're leaving it up to chance. The Celtics thought they were going to get Duncan and it didn't happen.

Will the Laker fans that go to games be ok with seeing an inferior product on the court?

They don't have to tank if dwight leaves and kobe Is out for the first 2 months.

sunsfan88
06-01-2013, 07:26 PM
If Dwight leaves, the Lakers still won't care that much because getting Dwight convinced Nash to play for them and all they gave up to get Dwight was Bynum who is an even bigger POS.

It's really a win-win for the Lakers.

still1ballin
06-01-2013, 07:49 PM
He should come to the Heat for the vet min. if he really wants to win a championship! Lebron will get him one.

sep11ie
06-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol

lol, please
06-01-2013, 08:08 PM
As NBA fans most of us non Lakers fans would agree the Rockets are a dream fit for Dwight. Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld just said this.

"At this point, Houston is definitely the frontrunner for Dwight Howard. He's leaning toward the Rockets, but we'll see what happens in July."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9328547/houston-rockets-hopeful-land-dwight-howard-sources-say

If by dream fit you mean the Warriors, then I agree.

tr3ymill3r
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
If by dream fit you mean the Warriors, then I agree.

You do realize what the Warriors would have to give up to get him? He's not going to want to do a sign and trade with a team because it would hurt the team he is joining because they would have to give up some type of talent.

lol, please
06-01-2013, 08:26 PM
You do realize what the Warriors would have to give up to get him? He's not going to want to do a sign and trade with a team because it would hurt the team he is joining because they would have to give up some type of talent.
Curry for Howard straight up.

RLundi
06-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Wow.

3RDASYSTEM
06-01-2013, 08:37 PM

2 of those 3 you mentioned were backups turned starters turned league mvp's, wow talk about overrated

and PAU was referred to as 'soft' and was basically sweeping map for 1st rd opposition before touching LA

now they win rings and are now in realm as top 10 best players ever and PAU was top skilled big in game after back to back rings but wasn't before?

talk about overrated

LakersMaster24
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
At this point I really don't care.

Leftcoast_yg
06-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Funny how all this is just speculation and people believe it. Do you people actually believe that Dwight has meetings with reporters to say this stuff????

tr3ymill3r
06-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Still going to need more than that to make salaries match up or get somewhere close. If Howard were to go to a place like that he would want to play with Curry not have to give him up in order to get him, that's why he will go to Houston. 3 years opt out, sign for 5, I've said this for weeks now.

MagicBucsSox
06-01-2013, 09:41 PM
"Dwight Howard has already talked to James Harden, according to multiple sources. I believe he has spoken to Chandler Parsons as well."

Alex Kennedy

Of course he's talked to Parsons. They just spent a day laughing it up filming a commercial.

Alex Kennedy is a fraud hack. He has no sources. He makes up his own rumors about obvious things . Why would an Orlando based reporter know inside info on a player in Houston and a guy in Dwight who's already said he doesn't know him

Chrisclover
06-02-2013, 11:14 AM
go bro.LA is still under control of Kobe ,who will always say sth uncomfortable. In rockets , he will feel less stressful