PDA

View Full Version : Chris Andersen suspended for Game 6 of ECFs.

xnick5757
05-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Miami forward Chris Andersen suspended for Game 6, NBA says.

interesting.

Minimal
05-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Rightfully so

Kashmir13579
05-31-2013, 07:37 PM
All well and good but Nazr was ejected from the game..

Slug3
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
I think the refs messed up by not tossing him and now he is suspended cause of it. If he would have been tossed I doubt he would be suspended a game. I hope the NBA takes action on the refs as well.

But back to the play, Birdman was totally in the wrong.

LAKobeBryant
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
seems like the front office always overturns ref calls even when they go through it in replay.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
No way they could've let him off after the precedent was set in Chicago. He should've got kicked out but Tyler didn't flop.

ramsizzle
05-31-2013, 07:41 PM
All well and good but Nazr was ejected from the game..

i think it was a make up for the terrible call during the game. they set the tone with Nazr ejection, so this suspension basically was used to uphold that n show that this will not be tolerated.

Odominator
05-31-2013, 07:43 PM
I think the refs messed up by not tossing him and now he is suspended cause of it. If he would have been tossed I doubt he would be suspended a game. I hope the NBA takes action on the refs as well.

But back to the play, Birdman was totally in the wrong.

lol.

Honestly dude I think he woulda gotten suspended even if he was tossed.

Slug3
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
lol.

I think if he was tossed it would have ended with that. He didn't throw a punch. Granted his play should have been a flagrant 2 though.

LakersA's49ers
05-31-2013, 07:47 PM
if he got ejected, he wouldnt of been suspended. In a sense, this is a worse punishment for him

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea I have no issues with this. His own stupidity really. This is professional basketball...Respect the game and stop acting like a child.

I was pretty vocal when it happened to James and am going to be here... I would have ejected him and suspended him because there is no room for this in Basketball.

Slug3
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
if he got ejected, he wouldnt of been suspended. In a sense, this is a worse punishment for him

It is, and due to the refs getting it wrong. But again it doesn't mean he should have been stupid and did that.

ManRam
05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
good break for indy. this works out better for them than him being ejected right then and there.

OceanSpray
Saw it coming. Miami needs someone else to step up and fill that void.

IversonIsKrazy
Makes sense. If Nazr got ejected, BIrdman does too.

Matter.
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Birdman has been captured!

ManRam
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM

he absolutely wouldn't have been suspended for game 6 if he was tossed then and there.

JC_
05-31-2013, 07:54 PM
I actually didn't see this coming because of who he pushed. The league has to protect guys like Hansborough though, he's the type of guy who could end up really hurt in a game if someone doesn't like his antics.

Khri
That was a stupid play by Anderson. Sucks for us, but it is what it is.

More-Than-Most
he absolutely wouldn't have been suspended for game 6 if he was tossed then and there.

Agreed. I actually wish they would be more stern with things like this over stupidity alone. I do not like this and want guys suspended longer. To many freak accidents could happen over a guy being stupid... If Lebron falls wrong he could pull something and now this. I want harder punishments and am glad they suspended him....He should say sorry to every one of his teammates for being a dumbarse as well

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-31-2013, 07:55 PM
It wasn't his fault the refs made the wrong caw!

85BearsDefense
05-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Que Game 7

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
The Cockatoo has been caged.

LayBraun
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
OMG THE LEAGUE IS SO RIGGED!!!!! OMG THEY NEVER PENALIZE THE HEAT!!!! lol yeah you get the point

Slug3
05-31-2013, 08:03 PM
It wasn't his fault the refs made the wrong caw!

No matter he shouldn't of even done it. If he would he would have kept his cool then he wouldn't have to worry about being tossed or suspended.

still1ballin
05-31-2013, 08:04 PM
:dance:

Slug3
05-31-2013, 08:04 PM
OMG THE LEAGUE IS SO RIGGED!!!!! OMG THEY NEVER PENALIZE THE HEAT!!!! lol yeah you get the point

There has literally not been a single post like this till you came in and said all this.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Agreed. I actually wish they would be more stern with things like this over stupidity alone. I do not like this and want guys suspended longer. To many freak accidents could happen over a guy being stupid... If Lebron falls wrong he could pull something and now this. I want harder punishments and am glad they suspended him....He should say sorry to every one of his teammates for being a dumbarse as well

That's what you get with our Commish.

Stern is stern.

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Expected.

MarkieMark48
05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Fully expect Indiana to take game 6 now

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:23 PM
it's unfortunate he lost his cool. i think this might open up some minutes for rashard lewis and mike miller though. i've been kinda hoping to see them get some action with battier and allen struggling with the 3, and while lewis isn't a good rebounder at least he's 6'10 and miller can rebound well for his position and brings it whenever he is on the court. unfortunately it probably allows joel anthony some time as well though, and birdman will be missed in this game no matter what.

GiantsSwaGG
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
It's funny how Birdman gets suspended and Dwayne Wade doesn't

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
It's funny how Birdman gets suspended and Dwayne Wade doesn't

completely different situations...

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 08:27 PM

You'd make an excellent kindergarten teacher.

jmoney23
05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't want to wish Birdman any major bodily harm, but maybe he could be on the next space voyage and they could leave him up there...you know, something to get him off the face of the earth.

JC_
05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't want to wish Birdman any major bodily harm, but maybe he could be on the next space voyage and they could leave him up there...you know, something to get him off the face of the earth.

lol so random

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think Andersen is to blame for anything. Miami fans should be thanking Andersen for stepping up when Bosh/Wade haven't. He's been the most energetic player in that team since the big three era. It was stupid of him but as a fan, that was exactly what we needed. Pacers tried pushing Miami Heat around but during Chicago, it really strengthened this team. Now all we need to win is for Wade/Bosh to step up.

Matter.
05-31-2013, 08:38 PM
So who guards hibbert?

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
So who guards hibbert?

Not like it mattered. Hibbert will get his because of Miami's lack of centers.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:42 PM

:laugh2:

ManRam
05-31-2013, 08:54 PM
So who guards hibbert?

andersen has logged the bulk of his minutes when hibbert hasn't been on the court.

Aust
05-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Yet Dwyane Wade doesn't get suspended for his elbow..?

amos1er
05-31-2013, 08:57 PM
How convenient. The NBA doesn't eject him so that the Heat have every weapon at their disposal to win game five, then they go and eject him so that the Heat will be at a disadvantage in game 6. Hmmmmmm

#extendedseries

Kjthunder
05-31-2013, 09:12 PM
^^hahaha I love how people are saying that only now because Anderson is suspended will there be a game 7. Forget about the fact that the pacers play better at home, Stephenson and Hill definitely play better at home. The Pacers were the favorite in game 6 even with Anderson playing. This doesn't change anything. All it means is that there will be less drama on the court between West/Tyler and Birdman. Birdman did not change the outcome of game 6 at all

Kjthunder
05-31-2013, 09:13 PM
that wasn't directed at the post right above me, other previous posts!

HYFR
05-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Eh it isn't a huge deal for them. He's only playing 15-18 mins a game. They should close out Indy regardless

Avenged
05-31-2013, 09:20 PM
How convenient. The NBA doesn't eject him so that the Heat have every weapon at their disposal to win game five, then they go and eject him so that the Heat will be at a disadvantage in game 6. Hmmmmmm

#extendedseries

Conspiracy.

Anyways, looks like the good call. There is no reason he shouldn't have been ejected considering it was the same thing that was done to LeBron. But the suspension works as well.

Anyone know if they took away Tyler's T away too? That was bogus.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:21 PM

#extendedseries

Because Andersen - not LeBron, is the reason Miami won. Okay, hope you go to sleep feeling that.

Avenged
05-31-2013, 09:24 PM
It's ridiculous how the league wants to control flopping but in order for the refs to make the correct judgement, as in this case, you need to flop.

Rivera
05-31-2013, 09:25 PM
I hate this because it's soft. I hate that nazr got thrown out and ejected for a shove

But nba wanted to set a precedent with nazr to protect the nbas biggest star. So the nba now has to follow precedent they set by suspending the enforcer of the Miami heat

I don't have a problem with it since there following there own precedent But I still think it's soft and neither nazr or birdman were suspendable

Hawkeye15
05-31-2013, 09:27 PM
he should have been ejected.

Anyway, oh well. Man up Miami.

justinnum1
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Not surprising

amos1er
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Because Andersen - not LeBron, is the reason Miami won. Okay, hope you go to sleep feeling that.

Now your putting words in my mouth. I never said that Andersen was the reason they won and not Lebron. Obviously Lebron was the MVP of that game especially in the 3rd quarter. Just saying that the refs didn't eject him when they had the chance which was to Miami's favor and now the league is suspending him for game 6 at Indiana which is to the Pacers favor. I then hinted at possibility of them extending the series to generate more revenue. Don't know when I really attacked Lebron in that particular post. A bit sensitive are we?

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM

:bow:

FreakaNashur
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM
The NBA is giving andersen a vacation. sweet heavens.

Slug3
05-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Time for Joel Anthony to come in and straight best for us. Lol

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Now your putting words in my mouth. I never said that Andersen was the reason they won and not Lebron. Obviously Lebron was the MVP of that game especially in the 3rd quarter. Just saying that the refs didn't eject him when they had the chance which was to Miami's favor and now the league is suspending him for game 6 at Indiana which is to the Pacers favor. I then hinted at possibility of them extending the series to generate more revenue. Don't know when I really attacked Lebron in that particular post. A bit sensitive are we?

You're implying Miami won because Andersen wasn't ejected in game 5 so Miami can win. You're further stating that Andersen was suspended for game 6 so Pacers will win that one and therefore leading to a game 7. 1+1=2. To simplify, you're saying Pacers will beat Miami because Andersen is suspended for game 6. Please edit your post if that's not what you intended to prove. Chris Andersen has been spectacular, but to say he's going to make a huge difference? I mean c'mon, stop with your conspiracies already.

Teeboy1487
05-31-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't understand this suspension to be honest when Nazr Muhammed was not suspended for his violent push on Lebron. Kind of inconsistent if you ask me.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:47 PM
I don't understand this suspension to be honest when Nazr Muhammed was not suspended for his violent push on Lebron. Kind of inconsistent if you ask me.

Andersen's situation was much more intense than Muhammed. Andersen deserved it but he should've been ejected that game.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 09:48 PM

Do the Justinnum.

ManRam
05-31-2013, 09:55 PM
andersen was a non-factor last night.

the pacers dodged a bullet because of that. the heat didn't need him last night and really contributed negligibly during the second half of the game. i'm not even sure he played at all in the 3rd quarter.

but they very well could need his presence tomorrow. i'm sure the pacers are secretly happy it worked out like this.

titan85
05-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Shoves are the new punches and basketball is the new soccer. Jeez I can't wait for football. All these flops and bs techs just ruin it for me, and I'm a heat fan. Maybe Joey Crawford reviewed the play and determined the punishment lol

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Indy winning game 6 isn't a big deal. If he was suspended for game 7 that would be the big deal.

True Sports Fan
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Shoves are the new punches and basketball is the new soccer. Jeez I can't wait for football. All these flops and bs techs just ruin it for me, and I'm a heat fan. Maybe Joey Crawford reviewed the play and determined the punishment lol

Uhh saying your a Heat fan doesn't help your case... If anything it hurts your case.

And Anderson fully deserved to get kicked out, but does getting suspended really make all that much of a difference rather then getting kicked out in the first quarter of a game?

He pushed the guy from behind, how the hell does he just walk away with no punishment after that? And than he pushes the guy again once he gets up. You just can't do that as a professional basketball player trying to help your team win. He will be missed, but it's his fault for being a complete dumbass.

*Superman*
06-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Expected. Smart of Hansbrough not to retaliate, made Anderson look even worse.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 01:12 AM
bird deserved it no argument there, but this helps indy instead of him just being ejected from the remainder of game 5. doesn't matter though, this ends sat imo.

TheNumber37
06-01-2013, 01:37 AM
game 7.

I don't see Joel Anthony or Juwan Howard going 7/7.

mjt20mik
06-01-2013, 02:24 AM
deserved

omdigga
06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
refs have been so inconsistent this playoffs.. it makes the game hard to watch, cant imagine what the players have to go through...

Bruno
06-01-2013, 02:09 PM
he should have been ejected as well.

OceanSpray
06-01-2013, 02:12 PM

He should've been just ejected. I don't think it deserved a suspension but the league had to make up for it since they didn't eject.

king4day
06-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Just saw the play for the first time. Strange that Andersen went after Hansborough without being sure who did it. He should have been tossed for the initial hit. Hansborough shoulda stayed down and held his neck. That woulda got him the boot for sure.

king4day
06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
He should've been just ejected. I don't think it deserved a suspension but the league had to make up for it since they didn't eject.

I think if he did it to Paul George, it might have been different. They would have just said it was retaliatory.

nastynice
06-01-2013, 04:13 PM
He was in the wrong, but suspension definitely seems a bit extreme

ManRam
06-01-2013, 04:17 PM

he should have JUST been ejected if anything. you're insinuating an ejection and a suspension? IDK about that

(i'm in the group that thinks the shoving stuff like this and nazr's should just be a flagrant 1...and i'm not even a "OMG the league is so soft" kinda guy)

h2r09
06-01-2013, 04:24 PM
This will turn out to be good for miami as far as defending roy hibbert i believe. Anderson has been getting abused 1 on 1 against hibbert because he has been backing off of him a tad in the post hoping to block his shot and he didnt come close and he was getting torched.

Joel is the best low post defender we have and he did good against Hibbert last year so we shall see how he does nad i think he improves us defensively.

ChitownBears22
06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Makes sense. Guess the NBA wants a game 7, right conspiratards

ManRam
06-01-2013, 04:50 PM
andersen's playing time while hibbert is on the court.

game 1: 18 minutes - about 9 minutes when Hibbert was on the court
game 2: 15 minutes - about 10 minutes when Hibbert was on the court
game 3: 22 minutes - about 13 minutes when Hibbert was on the court
game 4: 19 minutes - about 11 minutes when Hibbert was on the court
game 5: 18 minutes - about 12 minutes when hibbert was on the court

game 5 notes: anderson came in with 1 second left in the 3rd. he was not a part of that huge run at all.

so, we're talking about ~10 minutes of common playing time a game. the heat i'm sure can figure out ways to cope with the time anderson is in there with mahinmi, which is about 8-9 minutes a game.

andersen's loss is significant, but i don't think it's earth-shattering. bosh will have to play a few minutes, but he's only playing about 32 this series, so they can expand his role a little with ease. haslem is playing about 21 minutes a game, so i'm sure they'll expand his minutes a bit too.

i don't think anthony is the answer. yes, he can handle hibbert's size adequately, but he's a detriment offensively and he's not even a good rebounder. might as well just defend him during those ~10 minutes they had andersen in there like they defend him the other ~30 minutes he's on the court.

i think they can survive andersen's loss without bringing in anthony, and for the sake of the heat they better hope they don't have to bring in anthony.

Chrisclover
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
my heat lost G6!!!wish birdman was there to stop Hibbert!