PDA

View Full Version : Masai Ujiri has accepted Toronto GM job!

lamzoka
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Masai Ujiri has accepted Toronto GM job, sources tell Y!

spreadeagle
05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
sick, say what u want, getting the GM of the year for a struggling team like T.O is good news over here

greg_ory_2005
05-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Hopefully he can make us less sucky

LAKobeBryant
05-31-2013, 05:45 PM
not surprising.... he was raptors assistant gm few years ago

Ty_Lawson
05-31-2013, 05:50 PM
You will trade Bargs before Summer League...i hope he won't trade it to us lol..

akesh99
05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Pumped that he accepted the offer!

Zackthesack
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
How could he pass up that offer? Hes now one of the highest paid gm's in all of the league, all living expenses paid for, support for his foundation in Africa, and a promise to be VP in the next 3-5 years.

North Yorker
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
You will trade Bargs before Summer League...i hope he won't trade it to us lol..

Bargnani and Gallinari would make a great pasta commercial.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
good for Toronto, maybe their luck will change.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-31-2013, 06:11 PM
How could he pass up that offer? Hes now one of the highest paid gm's in all of the league, all living expenses paid for, support for his foundation in Africa, and a promise to be VP in the next 3-5 years.

Impressive. Wonder if he fires Casey, and brings in his own guy.

Tmath
05-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Impressive. Wonder if he fires Casey, and brings in his own guy.

Casey has one year left. Rumours are he will likely stay at least one more year.

mnatiq
05-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Casey will stay. There isn't much out there and besides he did get better. And if the team continues to improve they will make the playoffs next year under Casey

Sly Guy
05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Bargnani and Gallinari would make a great pasta commercial.

lol, was thinking the same thing.

deaner
05-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Masai, please watch some game tape before keeping Casey. He's horrible.

sunsfan88
05-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Why the hell would the Nuggets not match the contract?

Having a GM as bright as Ujiri is a huge WIN. Why let that go? Yea Ujiri has ties to Toronto but there's no way in hell that he would have declined the Nuggets if they offered him the same contract.

Ujiri is the single main reason why the Nuggets were to able to rip off the Knicks and get Felton (which then turned into Andre Miller whose been a big contributor) Gallo and Chandler. Not to mention his brilliant deal to get McGee for the overpaid, aging Nene.

He single handedly have the Nuggets a bright future. Crazy to think their just gonna let him walk like this.

Mudvayne91
05-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Why the hell would the Nuggets not match the contract?

Having a GM as bright as Ujiri is a huge WIN. Why let that go? Yea Ujiri has ties to Toronto but there's no way in hell that he would have declined the Nuggets if they offered him the same contract.

Ujiri is the single main reason why the Nuggets were to able to rip off the Knicks and get Felton (which then turned into Andre Miller whose been a big contributor) Gallo and Chandler. Not to mention his brilliant deal to get McGee for the overpaid, aging Nene.

He single handedly have the Nuggets a bright future. Crazy to think their just gonna let him walk like this.

Not that I am defending them, but I believe it was more of a business decision. I'm not exactly sure where he sits, but I know 3 million is one of the highest salaries. With the donation, salary and amount of years, it's quite the package. A Nuggets beatwriter was saying they were talking around 2 mill per year in prior to Toronto getting involved, which was still a quite fair salary. Chris Dempsey, the beatwriter, was saying they didn't want to look like they were going to give the moon and the stars to the GM because then all the employees will want high dollars. Like I said, I don't agree with it. I wish they would've matched or at least done more, but I think that was their logic

mnatiq
05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Nuggets have a history of doing this. They need to open up their pockets.

THE GIPPER
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Seriously Nuggets? Wow, not impressed.

akesh99
05-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Not that I am defending them, but I believe it was more of a business decision. I'm not exactly sure where he sits, but I know 3 million is one of the highest salaries. With the donation, salary and amount of years, it's quite the package. A Nuggets beatwriter was saying they were talking around 2 mill per year in prior to Toronto getting involved, which was still a quite fair salary. Chris Dempsey, the beatwriter, was saying they didn't want to look like they were going to give the moon and the stars to the GM because then all the employees will want high dollars. Like I said, I don't agree with it. I wish they would've matched or at least done more, but I think that was their logic

ESPN was reporting the Nuggets offered 1.2 mil. It definitely was a compelling offer by the Raps but all signs pointed to the fact that if the Nuggets had opened their pockets even a little bit after finding out what the market value was for Ujiri, he would have stayed.

Kashmir13579
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
This isn't great news for the other atlantic teams.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm genuinely thrilled for Raptors fans. Easily the most down to earth, respectful fanbase I've ever been around. You guys deserve this after so many years of ******** CoAngelo. Grats!!

akesh99
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
^ :cheers: why thankyou sir!

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 07:54 PM
^ :cheers: why thankyou sir!

YW. You hoping for any specific roster moves? I feel like you guys have a super talented squad but the wing positions are a bit cluttered. I really like Ross, Lowry, Valančiūnas as your foundation. Think Bargs+Gay should be traded?

bucketss
05-31-2013, 08:10 PM
YW. You hoping for any specific roster moves? I feel like you guys have a super talented squad but the wing positions are a bit cluttered. I really like Ross, Lowry, Valančiūnas as your foundation. Think Bargs+Gay should be traded?

pukenani hopefully will not play another game for the raptors, my goodness i dont think i can take watching him play anymore. idk masai has in store but im gonna assume he will try to build with gay.

JEDean89
05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
sometimes the nuggets make it so hard to cheer for them. if iggy walks i'm going to be so pissed.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
good job raps!

Jamiecballer
05-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Hopefully he can make us less sucky

this. although a tin can is a step up from our old GM IMO.