PDA

View Full Version : When/If Wade wins 4-5 rings

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
This forum will start to explode. Imagine D-Wade with 5 rings. He could be a top 10 player of all time.

Longhornfan1234
05-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Never will happen. He's barely a top 75 player.

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Lol no.

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Never will happen. He's barely a top 20-27player.

Agreed

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Wade plays with the best player in the world named LeBron. Who is 28. DWade has 2 rings already. I can see LeBron winning 3 more.

abe_froman
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
he's underrated on this forum,but top ten? that out of reach no matter the ring total(only one of them came with him being the alpha,he's scottie pippen now).but top 20-30? most def
]
ring are weighted in favor of who the best player on said team is ,not to the robins

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
he's underrated on this forum,but top ten? that out of reach no matter the ring total(only one of them came with him being the alpha,he's scottie pippen now).but top 20-30? most def

With the way people view rings you never know. Some on this forum treat sidekick rings like any other rings.

Swashcuff
05-31-2013, 03:52 PM
With the way people view rings you never know. Some on this forum treat sidekick rings like any other rings.

Speaking of yourself I see. Boasting about Parker's rings when he was the 2nd/3rd best player for all of them.

abe_froman
05-31-2013, 03:52 PM

rings count only/mostly among the alphas,who's the leader/best player on a championship team.so it'll help lebron def,not wade..he's supporting cast and rings dont help them all that much

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
rings count only/mostly among the alphas,who's the leader/best player on a championship team.so it'll help lebron def,not wade..he's supporting cast and rings dont help them all that much

There is another guard who was the sidekick for 3 rings. Had his power forward save the day in another Finals after he become the main man and then finally won a ring as the alpha. This guy is top 10 according to most.

tr3ymill3r
05-31-2013, 03:59 PM
NEVER going to happen, he will be lucky to play another 3 years let alone win 4-5 rings.

dalton749
05-31-2013, 04:00 PM
please read the zero tolerance policy and stop posting stupid ****

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:03 PM
please read the zero tolerance policy and stop posting stupid ****

WTF? It's so implausible that Wade will win 4-5 rings. Not a snowballs chance in hell. I didn't create this thread to bait. I created it to illuminate people such as yourself that Wade could very well win 5 rings.

ManRam
05-31-2013, 04:05 PM

No it won't happen, but he's certainly already in the top 75.

Currently: 2 rings, 1 Finals MVP, 9 AS Games, 7th all time in PER. Career 24.7/5.0/5.1 on 49% shooting. He's a plus defender. His peak seasons rank favorably to most every wing to play the game.

Top 100 in Assists, Steals, Points, Minutes, PPG, APG, TS%, Win Shares, WS/48...and a lot of those convincingly. He's 28th on b-r.com's Hall of Fame Probability.

But even with 4-5 rings he's not sniffing my top 10, not even close. At that point there's no reason to value them all that much. He was meh last year in the playoffs and has been terrible thus far this year. Rings matter, but context matters more. That context won't be kind.

Not sure why y'all are saying it's crazy to think he could win 4-5 rings. He could have 3 after this season. He's only 31. We all think he'll regress, but that doesn't mean he can't win more.

mngopher35
05-31-2013, 04:07 PM
No, because most people take context into account. Just counting rings would be pretty dumb as your only reason to enter top 10. He arguably wasn't even the best player on the heat when he won his fmvp (that he did deserve). Then he obviously isn't the best player on these heat teams either. Do people have scottie pippen in the top 10 because he has 6 rings?

mngopher35
05-31-2013, 04:10 PM
There is another guard who was the sidekick for 3 rings. Had his power forward save the day in another Finals after he become the main man and then finally won a ring as the alpha. This guy is top 10 according to most.

That sidekick was better in 2001 than wade last year, and better in 2000 and 2002 than wade this year. He also has 2 fmvps as the leader of a team. He also has an mvp award and a much much longer period of sustained dominance (top 5 player in the league). Not to mention the other accolades.

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:12 PM
That sidekick was better in 2001 than wade last year, and better in 2000 and 2002 than wade this year. He also has 2 fmvps as the leader of a team. He also has an mvp award and a much much longer period of sustained dominance (top 5 player in the league). Not to mention the other accolades.

The playoffs is the only season that matters in the NBA. How many times was this player X shall we call him the best player in a Finals series? 1 time, perhaps 2 at most.

How many times was Wade the best player in a Finals series? 1 time.

abe_froman
05-31-2013, 04:16 PM

but won 2 outright as the man(which wade hasnt/wont)and there's more to rankings than just ring count(or rob horry would be ranked over wilt),there is per game/seasonal stats ,accolades,totals,ect. which kobe blows most players away at and thats what gets guys into the top 10.a combination of rings(which you have to account or context)and the rest.there are 10(more than 10 players) who have more impressive resumes than wade ,riding lebron's coat tails wont be enough to slingshot him above these guys

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:18 PM
but won 2 outright as the man(which wade hasnt/wont)and there's more to rankings than just ring count(or rob horry would be ranked over wilt),there is per game/seasonal stats ,accolades,totals,ect. which kobe blows most players away at and thats what gets guys into the top 10.a combination of rings(which you have to account or context)and the rest.there are 10(more than 10 players) who have more impressive resumes than wade ,riding lebron's coat tails wont be enough to slingshot him above these guys

Wade won 1 as the man. Paul Gasol won 1 as the man too. Kobe won 1 as the man. Now I'm not suggesting they are all equal, but the facts are the facts.

Wade riding LeBron's coatails is what it is. But other guards have done it do.

Crackadalic
05-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Wade dip in production and playing behind Lebron isn't going to change even if he wins more rings. Unless he becomes a monster next season and more so after I just can't put him top 50-60 range now.

dalton749
05-31-2013, 04:20 PM
if wade gets one this year, it it lebrons. if it were wade carrying the team they wouldnt have made it out of the 2nd round.

any more rings that he wins doesnt move him up the all time list at all

giants73756
05-31-2013, 04:21 PM
This forum will start to explode. Imagine D-Wade with 5 rings. He could be a top 10 player of all time.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He'll never be the best player on the championship team. He will never be able to win without a player like LeBron or Shaq. Every Heat team with his as the only star player (if you can even call him a star) has hung around .500. Wade is mediocre.

mngopher35
05-31-2013, 04:22 PM
The playoffs is the only season that matters in the NBA. How many times was this player X shall we call him the best player in a Finals series? 1 time, perhaps 2 at most.

How many times was Wade the best player in a Finals series? 1 time.

When judging a career you take everything into account, not just a few finals series. By that thinking Barkley would be judged only by one finals performance where his team lost (even though he played solid) and wouldn't be a top 50 player. He has had much better longevity, has way more accolades, and his prime was pretty close. If you honestly think one good series is enough to overcome all of that (even though the other player was the best player in 2) go ahead. There is a reason everyone else in here is saying wade wouldn't be top 10 though, and is closer to 20-30

justinnum1
05-31-2013, 04:23 PM

:laugh2:

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Wade dip in production and playing behind Lebron isn't going to change even if he wins more rings. Unless he becomes a monster next season and more so after I just can't put him top 50-60 range now.

Tough crowd.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He'll never be the best player on the championship team. He will never be able to win without a player like LeBron or Shaq. Every Heat team with his as the only star player (if you can even call him a star) has hung around .500. Wade is mediocre.

Maybe compared to Micheal Jordan or LeBron.

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:30 PM
The reality is this. DWade's prime was right up there with another top 10 player all time who was a shooting guard.

DWade was the best player in a Finals series once just like another top 10 player all time.

DWade could ride the coatails of the best player in the game and reach 5 rings just like another top 10 player of all time.

It's funny how ring total sways people.

JoeBlessU
05-31-2013, 04:40 PM
WTF? It's so implausible that Wade will win 4-5 rings. Not a snowballs chance in hell. I didn't create this thread to bait. I created it to illuminate people such as yourself that Wade could very well win 5 rings.

Lets start w/ #3 before you get to 5..u sound like lebron..not one, not two, not three...

2-ONE-5
05-31-2013, 04:45 PM
winning rings while rapdily declining isnt gonna add to his legacy. Hes also gonna lose James after next year

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Lets start w/ #3 before you get to 5..u sound like lebron..not one, not two, not three...

Notice the title of the thread is When/IF. Secondly, it's very plausible that Wade wings 4-5 rings.

Supreme LA
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
]
ring are weighted in favor of who the best player on said team is ,not to the robins

Well, Wade was never really the alpha on either championship team. Lets not forget he played with a bunch of great vets in Alonzo Mourning, James Posey, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, and a guy by the name of Shaq. I could never imagine Wade being the alpha among that group.

giants73756
05-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Notice the title of the thread is When/IF. Secondly, it's very plausible that Wade wings 4-5 rings.

Only if LeBron stays with him. He can't win a ring without a superstar to carry the load.

bleedprple&gold
05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Did you really need to put 'when' in the title like it's almost a given it will happen? It's an IF at best and a big IF at the rate his knees are giving out.

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Did you really need to put 'when' in the title like it's almost a given it will happen? It's an IF at best and a big IF at the rate his knees are giving out.

A guy named Tim Duncan is a 6'11" with messed knees and he's been chugging around at age 37 getting it done.

Wade is done as an elite player IMO. He can still stay on the team and win rings.

Crackadalic
05-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Tough crowd.

Maybe compared to Micheal Jordan or LeBron.
Don't get me wrong i love wade been my favorite player since coming out of Marquette but even if you update the current top 50 players all time it's hard for him to crack it as of now.

giants73756
05-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Does anybody realize that Wade's Heat were the worst team in the NBA the year after Shaq left? They were 15-67. A top ten player of all time doesn't let that happen. :laugh2: I realize he was hurt for a bit, but he played most of the games.

I don't care how bad his surrounding cast was. An elite player will at least make a bad team into a mediocre team.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 05:01 PM

He is already a top 20 player all time.

Swashcuff
Don't get me wrong i love wade been my favorite player since coming out of Marquette but even if you update the current top 50 players all time it's hard for him to crack it as of now.

Check our top 50, real g m top 50 inside ho ops top 50 hell any forum, google top 50 players and look at the most recent ranks by recognized writers/websites. They all have Wade top 40 and most have him top 30. Wade is without question top 50 as of now. Rather easily too.

Supreme LA

I don't think you realize Wade was never the Alpha on either championship team. In 2006 he was a young kid on a team full of vets with the likes of Alonzo Mourning, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton, Jason Williams, and I a guy by the name of Shaq. I'm sure you've heard of him. I doubt the young Wade was an alpha on that team.

Shaq led that team throughout those playoffs. The opposing team in the Finals the Mavs, used 3 to 4 players every play down to put a body on Shaq. Wade benefited greatly in the Finals because he could play isolation every play as well because you didn't leave James Posey, Jason Kapono, or Antojne Walker open. Everybody also knows about the calls and ft's he got that series so I won't even get into that.

My point is, Wade was never the alpha on either title team and certainly did lead any team to a title.

Swashcuff
05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Does anybody realize that Wade's Heat were the worst team in the NBA the year after Shaq left? They were 15-67. A top ten player of all time doesn't let that happen. :laugh2: I realize he was hurt for a bit, but he played most of the games.

I don't care how bad his surrounding cast was. An elite player will at least make a bad team into a mediocre team.

Could you remind us what happened the next ear when Wade was healthy again?

This is a team sport in case yore not able to comprehend that.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 05:04 PM

They were 8-25 with Shaq as well.

Crackadalic
05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Check our top 50, real g m top 50 inside ho ops top 50 hell any forum, google top 50 players and look at the most recent ranks by recognized writers/websites. They all have Wade top 40 and most have him top 30. Wade is without question top 50 as of now. Rather easily too.

Will check on that though. He did have a lot of high peaks that you can consider legendary and his first finals apperence was unheard of but overall body work plus success idk but i dont disagree that he can be top 50. Injuries did hurt him especially after his first ring and last couple years.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Only if LeBron stays with him. He can't win a ring without a superstar to carry the load.

He already did so.

giants73756
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Could you remind us what happened the next ear when Wade was healthy again?

This is a team sport in case yore not able to comprehend that.

Exactly. It's a team game. Why do you give him all the credit when the team is good but when he's on the WORST TEAM in the NBA it's a team game?

No elite player will ever lead their team to the worst record in the NBA.

giants73756
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
He already did so.

Shaq isn't a superstar?

Avenged
05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
He already did so.

But he can't now. I mean, not many players can, not even Lebron could.

giants73756
05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
They were 8-25 with Shaq as well.

:confused: When? This was the season after Shaq left.

Supreme LA
05-31-2013, 05:19 PM
He already did so.

You really can't believe Wade led that 2006 team to a title do you?

ATX
05-31-2013, 05:27 PM

You apparently have no idea what your talking about here...

giants73756
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
You apparently have no idea what your talking about here...

What other elite player has led their team to the worst record in the league?

He's not elite. He's never going to be the main player on a championship team.

J_M_B
05-31-2013, 05:34 PM

You sure know what you are talking about ..

Shaq was traded DURING Miami's 15-67 season, right at the trade deadline. Wade missed the first 12 games in 2008 and was shut down a month before the regular season ended.

J_M_B
05-31-2013, 05:35 PM
What other elite player has led their team to the worst record in the league?

He's not elite. He's never going to be the main player on a championship team.

Are you serious?

You really think Shaq was the best player on that '06 championship team?

LAKobeBryant
05-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Never will happen. He's barely a top 20-27 player.

Agreed

top 20 or 75 is pushing it maybe in between 40-50

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Sometimes you have to take in account that Wade isn't a top 10 player in the history of the game. He's easily anywhere from the 20-25 area. He's the 3rd best SG, let's not pretend he's just a random nobody. Winning rings is a great thing but Kobe has achieved more than Wade and he has 5 rings. Also, Wade won't be the finals MVP anymore.

harryharrison
05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
All I said is that When/If Wade wins 4-5 rings this forum will explode. And people will start saying he's a top 10 player all time.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Hate to break it to you buddy but Wade isn't getting 4 rings. Cross your fingers that he gets his 3rd this year, and if that does happen I'm pretty sure most reasonable people won't give him a whole lot of credit considering his gimpy condition....

naps
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
No but he's top 20.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
All I said is that When/If Wade wins 4-5 rings this forum will explode. And people will start saying he's a top 10 player all time.

The only one saying that is you. You can't be a top 10 just because you have a certain amount of rings.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 07:08 PM
This is what you call a "drunk uncle" post. Not sure whether to giggle, yawn, or cry.

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Honestly, to me he won't move up much if he wins more rings or not. Pretty much a top 20-30 player IMO. regardless of what he does or doesn't add to his career resume.

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM
The only one saying that is you. You can't be a top 10 just because you have a certain amount of rings.

so you don't think Horry is top ten?

:facepalm:

:p

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 07:57 PM
I hope he wins 8 so he can become the Goat.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
As of today, the guy is top 30 and probably won't finish any higher than top 25 IMO.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
You really can't believe Wade led that 2006 team to a title do you?

you really have to be clueless to think otherwise...

GiantsSwaGG
05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't change the fact he's a thug

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Wade is one of the greatest players of all time. I'd have him as a top 20 player and possibly 15-19 if he won a couple of more rings. It's quite hilarious someone would even argue that he didn't lead that 2005-2006 team. Who the hell led them? Not Shaq, and clearly not Antoine Walker. He had the highest PER for that playoff finals.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Shaq isn't a superstar?

at that point? lol really? he was still good but wade was clearly the better player by then.

gatkins11
05-31-2013, 09:59 PM
David Stern was the MVP of the 2006 finals team. Lol.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 03:05 PM
:confused: When? This was the season after Shaq left.

Season after Shaq left was 2009. Shaq was on the team in 2008. He got traded when Miami was bad by the trade deadline as the Suns got him to combat LA when they got Gasol.

Chrisclover
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
hope they will stay together
Wade plays with the best player in the world named LeBron. Who is 28. DWade has 2 rings already. I can see LeBron winning 3 more.