PDA

View Full Version : Buy / Sell Joey Crawford

NoahH
05-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Everyone always says Joey Crawford influences games and leaves his mark on games. Here's my theory..

Buy / Sell:

Joey Crawford DOES NOT influence the outcome of games with his call. People only believe so because he is a veteran ref who refs all the big games where controversial / close calls are scrutinized and nitpicked to a much greater extent than smaller games. This makes it seem like he influences games (or is the 'MVP' of games) when really there's just a greater attention to the refing.

h2r09
05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
No. Plenty of refs ref big games. None of them make sure you know they are reffing everytime they do so. Can you name any of the refs from last nights game? He wants attention and wants to make the game about them.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 12:45 PM
All the 60-70 year old refs need to go. Just like coaches, players, announcers, the game will pass you by. How can anyone expect guys pushing 70 to be on point with their calls in such a fast paced game?

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 12:46 PM
No. Plenty of refs ref big games. None of them make sure you know they are reffing everytime they do so. Can you name any of the refs from last nights game? He wants attention and wants to make the game about them.

I think this is important and goes to my last point - these old time refs are on a power trip. They feel the need to remind everyone they are the boss and they are in charge. Get some humble young refs in here that are gonna do anything to make the right call and do anything to NOT **** up calls. They don't want the fingers to be pointed at them, Joey Crawford could give two ***** if the finger is pointed at him. He probably gets a laugh out of it.

herewegocubbies
05-31-2013, 12:49 PM
When Joey Crawford refs a game YOU KNOW Joey Crawford is reffing the game. So yes he loves to make it about him its no coincidence.

ManRam
05-31-2013, 12:54 PM
he does try to be too much of a celebrity...

but i think it's more of nothing as a whole than something.

ATX
05-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Sell Joey Crawford all day. He does absolutely try and control games...I just don't buy the whole "Rigged" thing. He thinks he's some sort of celebrity referee, and I personally can't stand him. Him ejecting Tim Duncan from the bench for laughing was just WTF???

ManRam
05-31-2013, 01:16 PM
can someone explain to me the perceived biases towards teams that joe crawford has. like, what teams does he allegedly favor? i'm a little out of the loop, and i think i've found some potentially useful information.

Slug3
05-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Let's not forget the dances he does.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm not talking rigged or anything, but the older veteran referees seem to be out there to 'control the game' instead of 'officiate it'.

Avenged
05-31-2013, 01:38 PM
He's just whistle happy. I don't think its any part of a conspiracy that the league is having him and other refs rig certain games.

SteBO
05-31-2013, 01:39 PM
can someone explain to me the perceived biases towards teams that joe crawford has. like, what teams does he allegedly favor? i'm a little out of the loop, and i think i've found some potentially useful information.
I'd like to know what you've discovered, because the only real bias I've seen Joey Crawford use blatantly is against the Spurs in some games.

Sly Guy
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
anyone know where I can buy a Joey Crawford NBA ref jersey?

Chrisclover
06-02-2013, 11:03 AM
conspiracy theorist