PDA

View Full Version : What would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade-Part 2

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Wade is one of my favorite players all time. In fact I listed him 4th on my personal list. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?582900-Your-top-5-Favorite-Players-All-Time&p=16563525#post16563525)

However, at this point in time, fans seem to be turning against him. With that said, what would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade without his consent?

Basically trading the player most responsible for your franchise winning it's first title and then even recruiting the players to come play for the organization after that.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?729935-What-would-you-think-of-the-Miami-Heat-Organization-if-they-traded-Dwyane-Wade&highlight=Heat+would+trade+Dwyane+Wade

h2r09
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
It would only be acceptable if they acquired Mcgrady. Right Jordansbulls?

ManRam
05-31-2013, 11:30 AM
It's a business. If they got a deal that helps them out tremendously, and it doesn't upset LeBron, they have every right to do it. I wouldn't look at them with much ire. Whether or not they'd do it, who knows?

I'm not sure I can see a trade of Wade that makes the Heat better or as good in the immediate future. For that reason alone I don't think it's gonna happen. The Heat will continue to be in win-now mode for the foreseeable future...trading Wade for some young guys who could help them a lot 2-4 years from now probably isn't on their radar.

I don't think it will come to that any time soon. I doubt they'll view Wade as being "done" after this. If anything they need to limit his minutes/games a lot more next season to keep him fresh for the postseason.

I think the story is gonna repeat itself like last year. People will be eager to call him done because of a poor playoffs on an injured knee. He'll get healthy and have another great regular season. The key is to make sure he doesn't break down again. I don't think, as I said last year, that Wade has gone from a top 5-8 player in the league (last year I'd say 3-5) to a slightly-above average player over night.

Slug3
05-31-2013, 11:48 AM
These threads need to stop. Miami will not trade away Wade as he is and will be when he retires the face of the Heat. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a statue eventually made of him there. But as long as Riley is there he's not getting traded unless he aske them to.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 11:51 AM
It really depends. If they send him to the Pelicans that would be a pretty ****** move. If they send him to somewhere like say Denver where he can compete for titles? That wouldn't be so bad.

I understand its business, but sometimes in business it is personal. They need to do right by Wade considering he is the sole reason they have 2 rings (there is no LeBron for ring #2 without Wade the recruiter).

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Either he takes a huge pay cut or he has to go. He's not providing much results and needs to understand they need better pieces than what he provides.

h2r09
05-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Either he takes a huge pay cut or he has to go. He's not providing much results and needs to understand they need better pieces than what he provides.

He is hurt right now. He was putting up over 20 a game extremely efficiently as late as MArch when he was healthy. He will take a pay cut but it doesnt need to be huge.

I would be ecstatic if Lebron takes 14 mill a year, Bosh 12 mill, and Wade 8 mill a year all over 5 years so we would have close to 25 million to spend on the rest of the team. They dont need the money and it will be interesting to see the pay cuts they take next time around.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 01:38 PM

Thing is, what is better pieces in the league nowadays? Let's look at all the teams who could contend in the East or league and see.

Bulls - Rose, Deng (hurt)
Thunder - Westbrook (hurt)
Knicks - Amare (hurt)
Pacers - Granger (hurt)
Lakers - Kobe (hurt)

Now some of these teams had no shot, but still, look at the injuries to marquee stars. And when I say marquee stars I am talking about who are not even playing.
At least Wade is playing.

Avenged
05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I would think the Miami Heat are a smart organization.

Sly Guy
05-31-2013, 01:43 PM
wouldn't bug me. Don't think they'd do it though.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

:p

kjoke
05-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Depends for what. If Miami gets blown away with a deal, like Minny gets brainwashed into trading Love for Wade, I would do it tbh

mngopher35
05-31-2013, 03:02 PM

haha, I came in here to say this basically (assuming they can still get value). I very highly doubt they trade him though. I think they need to manage him a ton next year to prevent this from happening for a 3rd straight playoffs.

mngopher35
05-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Depends for what. If Miami gets blown away with a deal, like Minny gets brainwashed into trading Love for Wade, I would do it tbh

it always has to be us...:sigh:

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 03:13 PM
it always has to be us...:sigh:

:laugh2:

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Wade for Boozer.

shep33
05-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Tough to trade him in reality. 60 mill over next 3 basically. He's what 31?

Longhornfan1234
05-31-2013, 03:20 PM
" I kind of just went back to my Cleveland days "... LeBron destroyed Wade and Bosh with this line. :laugh:

KnickaBocka.44
05-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Tough to trade him in reality. 60 mill over next 3 basically. He's what 31?

This. Not sure who would want him at this point.

naps
05-31-2013, 03:51 PM
No Heat fan is turning against him. Only those ex-cavs fans Oceanspary that are now pretending to be Heat fans are saying he's done and he needs to retire. We all know he's not healthy and once he gets back to 100% healthy he's one of the finest players on earth.

tr3ymill3r
05-31-2013, 04:02 PM
They will never trade Wade, EVER!!! He brought the Heat there first title then brought the big 3 together to bring them the 2nd. If anyone gets traded, it's Bosh, if you're going to be a "big man" but only play big against guys much smaller than you, what's the point? Either way, one of them won't be on the team in 3 years.

ryang
05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Won't happen. Wade will opt out and take less money IMO. Pretty sure you can tell he would rather win then get his max value. I see wade taking a huge paycut , bosh taking a small paycut and Lebron is probably taking the max. Riley will then fill out the rest if the roster and the Heat will be sitting pretty. Just my opinion.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Won't happen. Wade will opt out and take less money IMO. Pretty sure you can tell he would rather win then get his max value. I see wade taking a huge paycut , bosh taking a small paycut and Lebron is probably taking the max. Riley will then fill out the rest if the roster and the Heat will be sitting pretty. Just my opinion.

If he went to Chicago it would be cool to finally see a Lebron vs Wade matchup in the playoffs.

Hardaway Here
05-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Wade is not leaving Miami point blank period

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 06:38 PM
If you guys think they'll ever trade Wade then you don't know Pat Riley. He's one of the most loyal guys in game.

Wade will retire one of the greatest Heat players ever, mark it down.

Canterbury
05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
I would lol because didn't Wade once came out of the blue during summer 2010 and randomly accused Chicago for not being loyal.

Im_in_Mia_bish
05-31-2013, 06:50 PM
nope. Wade will retire a HEAT.

UPRock
05-31-2013, 06:51 PM
He's no getting traded, he's going to retire a Heat.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Wade is one of my favorite players all time. In fact I listed him 4th on my personal list. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?582900-Your-top-5-Favorite-Players-All-Time&p=16563525#post16563525)

However, at this point in time, fans seem to be turning against him. With that said, what would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade without his consent?

Basically trading the player most responsible for your franchise winning it's first title and then even recruiting the players to come play for the organization after that.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?729935-What-would-you-think-of-the-Miami-Heat-Organization-if-they-traded-Dwyane-Wade&highlight=Heat+would+trade+Dwyane+Wade

This is going to be difficult for many fans to hear, but there really is only one player right now in the entire league that shouldn't be traded under any circumstances. Everyone else should keep a travel bag handy.

And no, D. Wade is not that one player.

If we're looking at this realistically -- or hell, even in a "if only" dream scenario sort of way -- there are a number of guys around the league that could be considered "comparable value or better" for D. Wade in a straight up trade.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 06:57 PM
If you guys think they'll ever trade Wade then you don't know Pat Riley. He's one of the most loyal guys in game.

Wade will retire one of the greatest Heat players ever, mark it down.

Wade already is one of the greatest Heat players ever. And I think between the Knicks and Lakers organizations, we already know something about Pat Riley. Come on, man, give us something for the front page. :D

mvb815
05-31-2013, 07:00 PM
last year i would say no, this year i say yes. don't make lebron publicly ask for new players around him himself

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 07:05 PM
last year i would say no, this year i say yes. don't make lebron publicly ask for new players around him himself

If the Heat don't win it all this year, I could easily see that happening.

Right now the league is still in that lull transitional phase where no team has successfully rebuilt itself to stop/defeat the Heat. They better win as many titles as they can before that day comes.

YoungOne
05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
nothing

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 07:27 PM

You really think Lebron would be ok with them trading his boy? Why do you think he came there in the first place?

He's going to ride with Wade til the wheels fall off.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Secondly if you really call yourself a loyal Heat fan how can you endorse trading Wade? As much as he's done for the franchise?

That's like me saying lets trade Kobe while we can still get some value for him.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Its a business... I would trade him and go get CP3

ramsizzle
05-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Secondly if you really call yourself a loyal Heat fan how can you endorse trading Wade? As much as he's done for the franchise?

That's like me saying lets trade Kobe while we can still get some value for him.

thats exactly why they should be for trading wade. as great as he has been, if you can get a decent amount and stay out of the repeater tax.... you should probably do it.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 07:57 PM

To hell with that. Loyal heat fan means keep a player and pay top dollar for what he was and what he did over what he is???? Silly.

Basketball is a business and to continue to win they could put themselves in a much better position with getting rid of him and adding someone else.

ryang
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
To hell with that. Loyal heat fan means keep a player and pay top dollar for what he was and what he did over what he is???? Silly.

Basketball is a business and to continue to win they could put themselves in a much better position with getting rid of him and adding someone else.
Never trade wade. And Riley won't. Wade will take a massive pay cut after next year. Also does everyone realize we're one game away from a third straight trip to the finals? I mean your acting like we keep getting bounced out in the first round. Wade is struggling but he's not pulling a jr smith either.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:43 PM
not happening...

More-Than-Most
05-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Never trade wade. And Riley won't. Wade will take a massive pay cut after next year. Also does everyone realize we're one game away from a third straight trip to the finals? I mean your acting like we keep getting bounced out in the first round. Wade is struggling but he's not pulling a jr smith either.

In a really Sad Eastern conference.... If Wade further declines while other teams get better how smart will it be for the heat to keep over paying for him? Its silly....Its silly on so many levels.... The Heat need to keep getting better and to do that they need to get rid of wade who has been a bit of a handicap for them this post season. I love Wade.... I like the heat.... Its a business and they owe him nothing. Get rid of him and go get another young star in his prime or on his way up instead of down and further the gap in the Eastern conference before that gap closes and the Pacers become better or Rose comes back or the Knicks/nets figure it out.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 09:04 PM

As a fan of a franchise that has made it to the Finals for 3 straight years on MULTIPLE occasions, trust me when I say that the Heat, if they're smart, should keep their options open when it comes to trading anyone on the roster not named LeBron. If they don't, one day you'll look up to find a roster filled with players who make franchise money for mediocre results.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Damn fans sure have changed. Call me old school but I say Wade, Pierce, Kobe, Duncan and co... are the rare breed of players that deserve to retire with their teams.

You bring in talent and groom them as replacements but you NEVER ship them out unless they ask for it...

mvb815
05-31-2013, 11:11 PM
You really think Lebron would be ok with them trading his boy? Why do you think he came there in the first place?

He's going to ride with Wade til the wheels fall off.

lebron has a lot of boys in the nba, he wants to win first and foremost and if the team around him diminishes to Cleveland level he will leave.

maybe he teams up with his other boy durant

ryang
05-31-2013, 11:12 PM
But what your saying is trade him because this year he's not helping when he can opt out after next year and sign a small contract. Last year he was HUGE against the pacers. In the finals regardless of the stat line we needed him and he came through (expecially with Lebrons cramps). I'll over pay him ONE year for all he's done. What if he is fine next year? Or in the finals (if we make it)? Trade him for next year? Hell NO. After next year of he says screw you I know I sucked in the playoffs the past two seasons (if he struggles next year) I won't take less then the max then lets talk. Until then wade has shown me that he will take less money for the great of the team and there's no way I'd trade him due to this post season which isn't even over.

mvb815
06-01-2013, 01:34 PM
But what your saying is trade him because this year he's not helping when he can opt out after next year and sign a small contract. Last year he was HUGE against the pacers. In the finals regardless of the stat line we needed him and he came through (expecially with Lebrons cramps). I'll over pay him ONE year for all he's done. What if he is fine next year? Or in the finals (if we make it)? Trade him for next year? Hell NO. After next year of he says screw you I know I sucked in the playoffs the past two seasons (if he struggles next year) I won't take less then the max then lets talk. Until then wade has shown me that he will take less money for the great of the team and there's no way I'd trade him due to this post season which isn't even over.

he sucked in the playoffs last year, that indiana series was his only viable series and even then he only had flashes in a few games. this year was supposed to be his year getting over injury and coming back strong, which he did in the regular season, but not where it matters. why would he opt out? it doesn't make any sense for him as a player chasing championships or financially. i've been big on wade "just being injured" up to this point, but what i saw in game 5 during lebrons run heat up 10 and wade still crying and not getting back because he didn't get a call, it gets frustrating. another play during game 5 when lance stole it from him, he fumbled with the ball behind him, but because wade was looking at the ref and crying instead of trying to make a play for the ball he didn't realize it. enough is enough, he needs to man the **** up or get off the gravy train.

ryang
06-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Wade scored 41 , 36 and 32. Something like that against Indiana last year while bosh was hurt. Did you watch the finals? He definetly was needed. Trade him? Na. Riley would laugh at your argument and would ask you to just stop talking. As far as the crying goes yea I get pissed with it but I would not trade Wade. We will see after next year but I fully anticipate all 3 opting out and signing contracts that allow us to go get more players. We will see. And like I said if wade says after next year screw you pay me close to the max then lets talk. And that's assuming he sucks next year. Then lets talk. Until then hell no

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-01-2013, 01:58 PM
WE WANT WADE! nuff said.

unleashthebeast
06-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Miami will never trade Wade, and if they did I would hate my franchise for quite a while. Dwyane Wade IS the Miami HEAT and forever will be. You don't trade a player that embodies your franchise. That's like the Patriots trading Tom Brady, or the Yankees trading Derek Jeter. It just doesn't happen, and you all are foolish if you think that it would happen in this circumstance.

PrettyBoyJ
06-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I'd call it.......... Business

OceanSpray
06-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Miami will never trade Wade, and if they did I would hate my franchise for quite a while. Dwyane Wade IS the Miami HEAT and forever will be. You don't trade a player that embodies your franchise. That's like the Patriots trading Tom Brady, or the Yankees trading Derek Jeter. It just doesn't happen, and you all are foolish if you think that it would happen in this circumstance.

But Tom Brady and Derek Jeter are still putting up results and Wade isn't. That's the thing, Miami is my favorite team and I'd rather have them winning than have them lose because they decided to treat Wade with loyalty. He deserves that respect, but has to consider that he's no longer the big asset he once was. Either he takes a huge pay cut or he has to find a different team. Miami won't win if Wade does the exact same next year. Teams are only getting better year after year.

dee279
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
No Heat fan is turning against him. Only those ex-cavs fans Oceanspary that are now pretending to be Heat fans are saying he's done and he needs to retire. We all know he's not healthy and once he gets back to 100% healthy he's one of the finest players on earth.
This! Bandwagon fans i tell ya.

dee279
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
:)
WE WANT WADE! nuff said.:clap:

unleashthebeast
06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
But Tom Brady and Derek Jeter are still putting up results and Wade isn't. That's the thing, Miami is my favorite team and I'd rather have them winning than have them lose because they decided to treat Wade with loyalty. He deserves that respect, but has to consider that he's no longer the big asset he once was. Either he takes a huge pay cut or he has to find a different team. Miami won't win if Wade does the exact same next year. Teams are only getting better year after year.

If you were a Heat fan before LeBron came than you would really understand man. Wade went through so much with this franchise, you don't trade a player that has done as much as he has done for us. Absolutely not

RaiderLakersA's
06-01-2013, 03:21 PM
If you were a Heat fan before LeBron came than you would really understand man. Wade went through so much with this franchise, you don't trade a player that has done as much as he has done for us. Absolutely not

And that is the reason why he will likely retire with the Heat. But if injuries continue to plague Wade, or if he doesn't get back to all-world form, I would understand why they'd consider moving him. It won't happen, but if it did happen, I wouldn't fault the Heat organization at all. At the end of the day, with the kind of payroll that they have, it is about putting banners in the rafters and sustaining that high level of success for as long as you possibly can.

LongWayFromHome
06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Many great players in many sports finished their career with another team after playing a long time for one time. Its not really a big deal.

unleashthebeast
06-01-2013, 04:14 PM
And that is the reason why he will likely retire with the Heat. But if injuries continue to plague Wade, or if he doesn't get back to all-world form, I would understand why they'd consider moving him. It won't happen, but if it did happen, I wouldn't fault the Heat organization at all. At the end of the day, with the kind of payroll that they have, it is about putting banners in the rafters and sustaining that high level of success for as long as you possibly can.

There comes a point though where "win at all cost" reaches a limit though and where you have to respect the people that have helped you win at all cost for over a decade, you know? At least, that's how I feel.

And really, if we are looking to trade him because he is declining than we wouldn't even get great value for him anyway so what would be the point? Any way I look at it it seems like a ridiculously stupid idea.

smith&wesson
06-01-2013, 04:32 PM
wade for bogut and jack could work

Miami
Jack
Allen
Lebron
Bosh
Bogut

Goldenstate
Curry
Wade
Barnes
Landry
Lee

SeoulBeatz
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
wouldn't think any different of them. if it's a move to help the team, then they should do it, it is a business after all.

heyman321
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Dude you weren't even a Miami fan before Lebron came.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 04:45 PM
wade for bogut and jack could work

Miami
Jack
Allen
Lebron
Bosh
Bogut

Goldenstate
Curry
Wade
Barnes
Landry
Lee

eww, bogut is even more injury prone and wade is still one of the best in the league when healthy. he'll be fine next year.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 11:34 PM

This. Some guys come around and pretend they have been a Heat fan all there life when they know it happened as soon as Lebron came despite the Heat having already won a title with Wade already who as well was still in his prime.

balla345
06-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Lmao at everyone saying trade wade and if your a heat fan saying that your fake as **** .

LongWayFromHome
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
eww, bogut is even more injury prone and wade is still one of the best in the league when healthy. he'll be fine next year.

You have got to be kidding me not wanting this trade. Bogut/Jack are such a better fit. This series would have been over in 5 if that was the HEAT lineup.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
... but ... but... Wade is the best SG in the Nba. Why would you trade him?

Sinattle
06-02-2013, 01:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79rrufb