PDA

View Full Version : For next year...

NYJ - NYY
05-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Listening to colin cowherd this morning, he is discussing what the Heat will do next season...

brought up trading bosh and trying to upgrade their roster to keep lebron happy...

2 questions:

if anything what would you do to upgrade their roster (within reasonable possibility)

and secondly what realistically could the heat get for bosh?

no baiting trolling beefing or anything... genuine discussion is what i am looking for

ManRam
05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
i really can't imagine many/any scenarios where they trade bosh and get better right away.

they're stuck with what they have as far as i'm concerned. they don't really have any tradable assets after the big 3, and you're not gonna get more than 70-80 cents on the dollar for bosh or wade.

NYJ - NYY
05-31-2013, 11:11 AM
i really can't imagine many/any scenarios where they trade bosh and get better right away.

they're stuck with what they have as far as i'm concerned. they don't really have any tradable assets after the big 3, and you're not gonna get more than 70-80 cents on the dollar for bosh or wade.

thats true ... maybe jazz for either millsap or the other name is slipping my mind... but they are offense in the post heat need size and rebounding.. arguing with myself lol

bloomis1307
05-31-2013, 11:21 AM
You're thinking of Al Jefferson. Big Al is too slow and I don't think geared towards the fast paced heat offense. Milsap could fit in but he doesn't really bring anything different to the table than what Bosh offers. Also, both are free agents this offseason (I believe) so unless it was two completely different events, ie trade bosh and then sign Paul Millsap as a free agent, I dont see that happeneing.

I think their best bet would be to go after an athletic young 4 and sign an actual center. I think Derrick Williams is a a reasonable target who could excell in the heat's offense? Also I'm not sure about the contracts of most heat players but isn't Chalmers up this year? He may not be the best but I think Mo Williams would be an upgrade as a replacement.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Unless they lose in the finals, I don't see them changing anything, even with the cap situation. At that point, there is a year less on the Bosh contract, and you can probably get a couple contributors for him.

I still don't like trading a dollar for four quarters in the NBA when it comes to trading quality for quantity though.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Bosh for Boozer

ManRam
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Bosh for Boozer

Miami wouldn't entertain the thought of that trade for even a split second. At best it's a lateral move talent-wise (it's not). Factor in the chemistry aspects and that's just a dumb move for Miami.

JLynn943
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
I think they'll be signing Dalembert. They wanted him last off-season but he wanted more money. Now, Dalembert has already said he's willing to get a cheaper contract and play for the Heat. It just makes too much sense to not do it. He's an affordable legit center who plays good defense and will rebound. I honestly think that, if they had him right now, this series with the Pacers would be over already.

SlimKid
05-31-2013, 12:12 PM
To get comparable value for Bosh is going to be nearly impossible. No teams going to give fair value while taking on his large contract. Dude is owed quite a bit.

2013/14 - $19,067,500

2014/15 - $20,590,000

2015/16 - $22,112,500

Who's taking that on while giving up any talent that would benefit the Heat?

NYJ - NYY
05-31-2013, 12:31 PM
To get comparable value for Bosh is going to be nearly impossible. No teams going to give fair value while taking on his large contract. Dude is owed quite a bit.

2013/14 - $19,067,500

2014/15 - $20,590,000

2015/16 - $22,112,500

Who's taking that on while giving up any talent that would benefit the Heat?

wow thats alot of dough man i had no idea

NoahH
05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I think they'll be signing Dalembert. They wanted him last off-season but he wanted more money. Now, Dalembert has already said he's willing to get a cheaper contract and play for the Heat. It just makes too much sense to not do it. He's an affordable legit center who plays good defense and will rebound. I honestly think that, if they had him right now, this series with the Pacers would be over already.

+1

SlimKid
05-31-2013, 12:38 PM
wow thats alot of dough man i had no idea

To be honest, I had no idea it was that much either until I looked it up. Doesn't necessarily mean he's untradeable, it just makes an equal value trade that much more difficult.

NYJ - NYY
05-31-2013, 12:39 PM
yeah i dont see how they could get fair value ,... just saw a thread about keeping 2/3 of the big 3 you can merge this thread if need be

herewegocubbies
05-31-2013, 01:02 PM
They can't trade that contract for anything good in return. Plus if they win I don't think they would tinker with the lineup except minor additions I'd assume. With that said, Bulls (Rose) and Pacers (Grainger) will be much better next year and def. coming for them.

gotoHcarolina52
05-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Take a flyer on Greg Oden? :shrug:

Ryan328
05-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Are they gonna have money to re-up Chalmers and/or Birdman Birdman? I am assuming they'll amnesty Mike Miller.

dalton749
05-31-2013, 04:25 PM
josh smith sign and trade?

JEDean89
05-31-2013, 04:55 PM
no point in trading bosh for another PF. If you're the heat you are trying to land a PG and a Center. I could see a Nuggets, Clipps, Heat 3 team trade though

Nuggets get: Chris Bosh/filler
Clippers get: Kosta Koufos, Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller and Evan Fournier
Heat Get: Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe

Nuggets would be
Lawson
Iggy
Gallo
Faried
Bosh

Heat would be
Bledsoe
Wade
Battier
Bron
Jordan

Clipps would be
Paul
Fournier
Chandler
Griffin
Koufos

don't really see how the clipps get too much better, but they save a lot of money on deandre's contract and get koufos who is decent and makes only 3 a year and they get 2 good young wing players in Chandler and Fournier.