PDA

View Full Version : Tim Donaghy On The Radio Today

amos1er
05-31-2013, 03:46 AM
He had some interesting things to say about how the league fixes games and about how the league punished Lebron for his comments about flopping by fouling him out in game 4. Anyways, here it is...

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/13133/130530-Primetime-Tim_Donaghy_1369943405_11757.mp3

naps
05-31-2013, 04:26 AM
amos1er, we get it. The league is fixed now all of a sudden but wasn't fixed when the Lakers were winning it almost every other year.

UPRock
05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
^Hahaha, that's true.

stawka
05-31-2013, 06:18 AM
If this guy was a fan of ANY other team, he would have been banned a long time ago. ****, even PSD is rigged!

t_money25
05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Yea, yea, yea......the league is fixed cause the Heat keeps winning and there's nothing else you can do about it.....we get it already......Laker fans must be ashamed of you

bucketss
05-31-2013, 08:02 AM
i kind of see it though, they gave lebron the iverson treatment.. maybe he should stop mouthing off to the officials i have noticed this whole year he hasnt been getting the same calls.

JiffyMix88
05-31-2013, 08:23 AM
that was funny at the end "we got something in common, your release date out of prison is the day I stopped drinking."

wtf lol

lakerfan85
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM
amos1er, we get it. The league is fixed now all of a sudden but wasn't fixed when the Lakers were winning it almost every other year.

Where did he say it wasn't fixed when the lakers were winning?

lakerfan85
05-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Yea, yea, yea......the league is fixed cause the Heat keeps winning and there's nothing else you can do about it.....we get it already......Laker fans must be ashamed of you

Did you listen to the interview?? It said nothing about how the refs helped Miami..

LeperMessiah
05-31-2013, 09:23 AM
This guy again.

ManRam
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
amos1er is causing self-induced backlash with all his campaigning...

i didn't listen to it all, because i don't care too much for what donaghy has to say anymore. he's kinda at jose canseco levels now; he might have had something big at the beginning, but now he's just milking it and stooping to stay relevant.

also, i'm not sure he's saying what you think he's saying

The Flash
05-31-2013, 10:15 AM
There's always "that guy"

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 10:49 AM
amos1er is causing self-induced backlash with all his campaigning...

i didn't listen to it all, because i don't care too much for what donaghy has to say anymore. he's kinda at jose canseco levels now; he might have had something big at the beginning, but now he's just milking it and stooping to stay relevant.

also, i'm not sure he's saying what you think he's saying

I agree here. This guy is just trying to hold on to the last ray of spotlight he possibly can.

NYCkid12
05-31-2013, 11:03 AM
I hate when people say the league is fixed. I don't understand, if it was why would the league not give the Knicks a championship in over 40 years??? One of the biggest markets in the world and they don't "give" them a title?

Come on with this stuff already. I agree with ManRam, this guy is hanging on to the spotlight as long as he can.

jamesdiego
05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Donaghy didn't say it was straight out fixed, but he said the league does influence which team they wants calls for and against in the next game. And if you can't see the blatant inconsistency in calls and the agendas ref's have in certain games, then you are blind. It is pretty obvious

JC_
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
I've not really followed the whole Tim Donaghy thing but I just listened and he's not really saying anything crazy. I don't really know if anyone can argue against what he said in that interview. We know that ref's call games and sometimes quarters differently. We knew that ref's weren't going to appreciate Lebron's comments about flopping.

He said games should be called according to the rulebook instead of what # a player is wearing. I think most of us agree with that.

NYCkid12
05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Donaghy didn't say it was straight out fixed, but he said the league does influence which team they wants calls for and against in the next game. And if you can't see the blatant inconsistency in calls and the agendas ref's have in certain games, then you are blind. It is pretty obvious

Again, why are we seeing a team like Memphis beating OKC and Indiana beating the Knicks if they have agendas. Wouldn't the agenda of the refs, ultimately handed down from the NBA in this theory, want to maximize profit. Why not have your biggest stars and markets get the calls?

Because watching game 6 of the Knicks-Pacers series there definitely was not a bias torward the knicks to get calls.

NoahH
05-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised Stern hasn't hired a hit-man to get rid of this guy yet.

Again, why are we seeing a team like Memphis beating OKC and Indiana beating the Knicks if they have agendas. Wouldn't the agenda of the refs, ultimately handed down from the NBA in this theory, want to maximize profit. Why not have your biggest stars and markets get the calls?

Because watching game 6 of the Knicks-Pacers series there definitely was not a bias torward the knicks to get calls.

Exactly my thinking. Wouldn't the NBA want Knicks - Heat and LA Clippers / Spurs - OKC conference final if they were fixing the playoffs? Obviously Lakers would be the #1 choice but that would be unfathomable and they'd require too much help to make it.

GrumpyOldMan
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Refpicks.com? Really? And he is calling Joey Crawford an attention whore.

herewegocubbies
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM

This

bleedprple&gold
05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Yea yea yea and every team that has won each year, the league fixed it for them so they could win. We are just all minions that don't understand the grand agenda of the nba, and the reasons behind why they choose the winners they choose each year :rolleyes:

amos1er
05-31-2013, 09:20 PM
i kind of see it though, they gave lebron the iverson treatment.. maybe he should stop mouthing off to the officials i have noticed this whole year he hasnt been getting the same calls.

Exactly, I never brought up the refs helping Miami in this particular thread...just that they penalized Lebron for commenting on flopping. Guess these guys don't even bother to read what I post...they just assume it's against Lebron...lol. This time it was not against Lebron directly at all.

amos1er
05-31-2013, 09:21 PM
I've not really followed the whole Tim Donaghy thing but I just listened and he's not really saying anything crazy. I don't really know if anyone can argue against what he said in that interview. We know that ref's call games and sometimes quarters differently. We knew that ref's weren't going to appreciate Lebron's comments about flopping.

He said games should be called according to the rulebook instead of what # a player is wearing. I think most of us agree with that.

A very fair assessment.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM
The league is fixed.

except for when Jordan/Kobe won. It's only fixed for LeBron.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Exactly, I never brought up the refs helping Miami in this particular thread...just that they penalized Lebron for commenting on flopping. Guess these guys don't even bother to read what I post...they just assume it's against Lebron...lol. This time it was not against Lebron directly at all.

How have you gone through 7 years and not been banned? It's ridiculous. You don't even make any sense. Go and boycott the NBA or something. I'm sure if Kobe won, you would've been ecstatic.

amos1er
05-31-2013, 09:31 PM
How have you gone through 7 years and not been banned? It's ridiculous. You don't even make any sense. Go and boycott the NBA or something. I'm sure if Kobe won, you would've been ecstatic.

Can you name one rule that I have broken on this site?

justinnum1
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM

:burn:

Teeboy1487
05-31-2013, 09:43 PM
I can never take Tim Donaghy seriously.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Donaghy, I thought this guy was in jail?