PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul is pissed at the Clippers,yes.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 01:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9327713/chris-paul-upset-los-angeles-clippers-factor-impending-free-agency

"He's angry right now and his anger is directed toward the Clippers organization," the source said. "Chris is a man of principle and if he feels like you've gone against his principles, it will affect how he feels about you. He's very agitated that his name has been put out there as the reason for Vinny's firing. He had nothing to do with it."

Sterling told the Times that Del Negro "is a wonderful man" and that he's "sad about the whole thing."

lol, Bull ****.

The Times then asked Sterling if it was "off base" to say the "players are now calling the shots."

"No, you're not off base," Sterling said. "This is a players' league, and, unfortunately, if you want to win, you have to make the players happy."

Sterling later told the Times, "If you have special players, and special players think that they know the best opportunity to win, you have to support them.

He's right, but he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

bigmac8675
05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
:crying: Oh boo hoo

Jarvo
05-31-2013, 01:55 AM
Diva, We know Clippers will do whatever to keep him.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Come to the Lakers CP3.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Reads who wrote article... laughs at "multiple sources", closes link. Comon man it's Broussard. To say take everything with a grain of salt with him is a big understatement. Although if CP3 wants to pout and pull the Dwight crap he can **** off. Bledsoe, Crawford, Griffin, DJ and 14 plus mill in cap works for me. We win either way.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 01:58 AM
remember when the Lakers acquired Paul in a trade?

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 01:58 AM
If you have to have your *** kissed to take 108 mill... you can go to hell.

LAKERS 24/7
05-31-2013, 01:59 AM
reads who wrote article... Laughs at "multiple sources", closes link. Comon man it's broussard. To say take everything with a grain of salt with him is a big understatement. Although if cp3 wants to pout and pull the dwight crap he can **** off. Bledsoe, crawford, griffin, dj and 14 plus mill in cap works for me. We win either way. lol not getting past the first round of the playoffs and then potentially losing your best player to free agency? Yea you're in a great position.

giventofly
05-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Diva, We know Clippers will do whatever to keep him.
That sig is amazing. It can't be real, is it?

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 02:00 AM
Reads who wrote article... laughs at "multiple sources", closes link. Comon man it's Broussard. To say take everything with a grain of salt with him is a big understatement. Although if CP3 wants to pout and pull the Dwight crap he can **** off. Bledsoe, Crawford, Griffin, DJ and 14 plus mill in cap works for me. We win either way.

Come on dude, we both know that the Clippers need CP3 more than CP3 needs the Clippers.

Also, Deandre Jordan is a scrub.

Jarvo
05-31-2013, 02:00 AM
That sig is amazing. It can't be real, is it?

It is lol

Jarvo
05-31-2013, 02:01 AM

Veto! Lololol stern screwed them

LeperMessiah
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM

lol this guy

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM
can you say knicks tapppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:06 AM
I find it weird, that every time a player is upset about something, the majority of fans immediately jump to conclusions that that player is on his way out the door.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:06 AM
lol not getting past the first round of the playoffs and then potentially losing your best player to free agency? Yea you're in a great position.

You just described the Lakers. Good job! Difference is we have 24 year old Blake, 22 year old Bledsoe, 24 year old DJ, runner up 6th man of the year and enough cap space for a max contract.

Swashcuff
05-31-2013, 02:07 AM

Not really.

DJ isn't going to be much more than he really is, Crawford won't be around much longer and isn't going to get any better. Blake is Blake he has All NBA potential and we really don't know how good Bledsoe will be offensively as a starting PG (we know he's the best defensively however). You don't win in Paul walks you're the Clippers, you guys need to right all those years of bad press.

PurpleJesus
can you say knicks tapppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

is there any way the Knicks can afford him under the cap?

JJ_JKidd
Imagine if Paul decides not to stay with the Clippers. Bandwagon sure is gonna feel a lot lighter.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:13 AM
Swash the,reputation we are trying so hard to change would be hit. I'm not saying CP3 isn't a big loss but people acting like the Clippers will be set back to the stone age are ignorant. DJ and Bledsoe can be paired for a 2nd caliber star to pair with Blake and the team will have 14 mill to spend. It's nothing to fret about is my point. I feel good about our future in both scenarios.

Vinny642
05-31-2013, 02:17 AM
Cry babies

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:18 AM

yes and we would be acquiring paul and dj.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:19 AM

explain.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 02:19 AM
Swash the,reputation we are trying so hard to change would be hit. I'm not saying CP3 isn't a big loss but people acting like the Clippers will be set back to the stone age are ignorant. DJ and Bledsoe can be paired for a 2nd caliber star to pair with Blake and the team will have 14 mill to spend. It's nothing to fret about is my point. I feel good about our future in both scenarios.

You think too highly of Deandre Jordan that you think you could pair him up with Bledsoe to get a star player and why would you trade Bledsoe if CP3 were to leave, that wouldn't make sense.

Also, which players do you classify as a "2nd caliber star"? :confused:

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:23 AM
explain.

Los Angeles Receives...
•Tyson Chandler—$14.1 million
•Raymond Felton—$4.2 million
•Steve Novak—$3.8 million
•Iman Shumpert—$1.8 million
•New York's 2016 first-round pick

ny gets:
chris paul- 15 million
deandre Jordon- 10 million

chris would take a lower salary because he would make about 9 million in indoursments here

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:24 AM
2nd tier star meaning like an Eric Gordon which the Hornets BTW wanted to do. Even trading DJ by himself would work. A report came out the other day saying that DJ's value among GM's is WAY higher than among fans. Point being he surprisingly has good trade value. I'm not saying Bledsoe should be traded but rather that we do have some assets.

LAKERS 24/7
05-31-2013, 02:24 AM
You just described the Lakers. Good job! Difference is we have 24 year old Blake, 22 year old Bledsoe, 24 year old DJ, runner up 6th man of the year and enough cap space for a max contract.

Way to deflect. And yea our situation for next year sucks, I'm not in denial about it.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 02:25 AM

lol no we can't there's no way we can acquire Chris Paul. If I'm correct when you are in the luxury tax under the new CBA you can't do sign and trades. Had it been the old we could make it happen but there will be no big moves in Manhattan

Jarvo
05-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Los Angeles Receives...

ny gets:
chris paul- 15 million

chris would take a lower salary because he would make about 9 million in indoursments here

Not a smart trade at all.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Los Angeles Receives...

ny gets:
chris paul- 15 million

you talked to Chris and he mentioned he will take a lower salary because of endorsements? Did you mention to him the taxes in New York take a big chunk of change out of his salary when you were talking to him?

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Not a smart trade at all.

for

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 02:28 AM
Los Angeles Receives...

ny gets:
chris paul- 15 million

:worthy:
[SPOILER TAG]http://i.imgur.com/ykyDgfS.gif[/SPOILER TAG]

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:28 AM
lol no we can't there's no way we can acquire Chris Paul. If I'm correct when you are in the luxury tax under the new CBA you can't do sign and trades. Had it been the old we could make it happen but there will be no big moves in Manhattan

Dont forget to point out that that scenario has Paul making far less money than he is worth. Its just a dream world some fans live in..."CP3 will accept less because my favorite team is the Knicks."

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Bledsoe
Reddick
Pierce
Griffin
Jefferson

Or something like that is very much possible financially if CP3 walks. Again not worried.

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:30 AM
you talked to Chris and he mentioned he will take a lower salary because of endorsements? Did you mention to him the taxes in New York take a big chunk of change out of his salary when you were talking to him?

ok same in la. are you aware that melo made 40 mill gross pay and after taxes he made 28 million so im sure chris paul would make upward of 20 million here after taxes.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Bledsoe
Reddick
Pierce
Griffin
Jefferson

Or something like that is very much possible financially if CP3 walks. Again not worried.

Dynasty!

BenFrank
05-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Looks like CP3 and Howard to Houston.. Get it done Morey

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Monta Ellis with Bledsoe would work nicely too since Ellis prefers handling the ball.

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:33 AM
Dont forget to point out that that scenario has Paul making far less money than he is worth. Its just a dream world some fans live in..."CP3 will accept less because my favorite team is the Knicks."

ok and im sure LeBron is worth 50 million and is making 18 mil chris wants to win and play with melo explain why he wouldn't.

HeaTxRipZz
ok same in la. are you aware that melo made 40 mill gross pay and after taxes he made 28 million so im sure chris paul would make upward of 20 million here after taxes.

It's impossible to get him here even if he was gonna take a pay cut. No sign and trades when you are over the luxury tax threshold. Pretty sure CP3 won't play for the MLE

Clippersfan86
Dupe

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:34 AM

wrong we just have to be under the 74 mill tax apron after the trade which that trade does for us.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 02:34 AM
^ I hope you guys keep Bledsoe. I guess it comes down to a choice because if CP3 is resigned I don't think you guys could afford to keep him as well.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:35 AM
ok and im sure LeBron is worth 50 million and is making 18 mil chris wants to win and play with melo explain why he wouldn't.

It isnt always what the player wants dude...there are other logistics, such as a sign and trade being impossible to do, since the Knicks are in the luxury. I don't doubt Paul would like to play with Anthony, thats not what I am questioning here. You are also suggesting that he will play there for a lot less than he is worth too.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 02:37 AM
wrong we just have to be under the 74 mill tax apron after the trade which that trade does for us.

Wrong

"Starting in 2013-14, teams more than $4 million above the tax level cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction."

There was also an article in the dailynews I think it was that was talking about the same thing regarding CP3 and us not being able to complete and sign and trade under the new CBA rules

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:37 AM
It isnt always what the player wants dude...there are other logistics, such as a sign and trade being impossible to do, since the Knicks are in the luxury. I don't doubt Paul would like to play with Anthony, thats not what I am questioning here. You are also suggesting that he will play there for a lot less than he is worth too.

Well we will find out how close melo and paul are and if he wants to win.

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:39 AM
Wrong

"Starting in 2013-14, teams more than $4 million above the tax level cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction."

There was also an article in the dailynews I think it was that was talking about the same thing regarding CP3 and us not being able to complete and sign and trade under the new CBA rules

no im telling you I read the rule over 400 times and its the apron number a paul deal is possible just tough.

HouRealCoach
05-31-2013, 02:40 AM

Wtf is that on your sig? lmao

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:40 AM
Well we will find out how close melo and paul are and if he wants to win.

Is the assumption that the only place he can in in is New York? Also, the Knicks can't afford to get him. There are other places he can win in, such as re-signing with the last team he played for...or go to a team that has a good core, who actually has the cap capabilities to sign him.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Wtf is that on your sig? lmao

its a brawl.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 02:41 AM
no im telling you I read the rule over 400 times and its the apron number a paul deal is possible just tough.

Read this

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

under additional limits for tax paying teams. One of the major issues during the lockout was competitive balance with smaller market teams. This some what helps them out and why the rule was added to keep Major markets from stacking up as much as they did

TheNumber37
05-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Sterling is playing hard ball and it is foolish, though he is in a great position.
CP3 wants to win now and as far as winning goes he only really has a few options.

How many teams have a legit shot at winning it all if they just inserted Paul as their Starting PG?
Clippers
Lakers (with Howard, Gasol and Kobe)
Knicks
Heat
Grizzlies
Pacers
Spurs
Thunder
Other scenarios involve pairng up with Howard in various cities
Pair up with Dwight in Houston... CP3, Harden, Howard
Pair up with him in Dallas CP3, Dirk, Howard
Pair up with him in Atlanta somehow, CP3, Horfod/Smith Dwight

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Is the assumption that the only place he can in in is New York? Also, the Knicks can't afford to get him. There are other places he can win in, such as re-signing with the last team he played for...or go to a team that has a good core, who actually has the cap capabilities to sign him.

bro if your a gm and i'm chris and say I wanna go to the knicks period no other team or let me walk for nothing you make that trade and get the best defensive back court in the league with shump and Bledsoe get an upgrade at center and still contend.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 02:47 AM
bro if your a gm and i'm chris and say I wanna go to the knicks period no other team or let me walk for nothing you make that trade and get the best defensive back court in the league with shump and Bledsoe get an upgrade at center and still contend.

its all assumptions with you. You are assuming that the only team Paul would play for is the Knicks, you are assuming that the Knicks can trade for him, which they can't, you are assuming Paul will accept far less than his worth, and you are assuming that if he wants to win now, he has to go to the Knicks.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 02:49 AM
knicksballers is a optimistic fan but also living in dream land if you think they are going to ignore provisions to allow us to get Chris Paul. I wish we could replace Jason Kidd and Felton with CP3 just as much as you but there is NO way we can get it done under the new CBA

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Read this

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

under additional limits for tax paying teams. One of the major issues during the lockout was competitive balance with smaller market teams. This some what helps them out and why the rule was added to keep Major markets from stacking up as much as they did

I can't pull up this page right now but go to google type in knicks trade rumors, press news and it will say can ny make a last minute block buster

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Chris Paul is headed to free agency this summer, and as you'd expect, the rumors of a potential move to the New York Knicks have started to heat up.

According to the New York Post, the rumors have their roots at Carmelo Anthony's wedding in 2010, where Paul allegedly toasted a future big three with Melo and Amar'e Stoudemire.

Three years later, STAT and Melo have already made it to New York, but with the Knicks over the salary cap, it's going to be virtually impossible for their dream to become a reality.

Though the Knicks are prepared to pay the heavy luxury tax that would welcome them if they land CP3, the big problem is the new CBA. Teams like New York, who are over the luxury tax threshold, will struggle to take part in sign-and-trades.

Couple that with the Knicks' lack of movable pieces, and you have a major obstacle standing in their way.

Still, if Paul really does want to play in New York, theoretically it could happen, though it would require him to take a pay cut, and the Knicks to find a way to cut salary.

As it stands, New York is down for $73.5 million in salary next season, which is $3.2 million over the luxury tax threshold of $70.3 million. To receive a player in a sign-and-trade, the Knicks would have to be under the tax "apron" of $74.3 million after the trade.

What that means is that New York can take part in a sign-and-trade, but the difficult part is finding a way to give the Clippers a package they want and get Paul the money he wants.

As the Clippers' own free agent, Paul can sign for a maximum of five years, $107.5 million with them. With another team he can only sign for four years, and with the Knicks, he'd likely have to take a huge pay cut on top of that.

New York is the perfect city for making money with off-the-court endorsements, so in that sense Paul may not be missing out too much if he forgoes some of his potential salary.

For the purposes of this article, let's assume he'd be happy with $14 million per year if it means he can play with Melo in NYC.

If that's the case, New York would have to trade away roughly the same amount of salary to Los Angeles.

The two players New York would most like to trade are Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler, but the Clippers already have a lot of money committed to their frontcourt of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

With that said, swapping Chandler and Jordan as part of the deal may make sense. It helps the salaries work out and gives the Clippers an upgrade at center.

For the salaries to match—and the Clippers to receive a decent package—the deal would have to look something like this:

kylem4711
05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Broussard ia a joke. Everyone knows it. He doeant even understand that the clips didnt fire del negro. They are just not going to resign him.

Im sure 28 mill extra will help ease cp3s sorrows.

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 02:58 AM
Chris Paul is headed to free agency this summer, and as you'd expect, the rumors of a potential move to the New York Knicks have started to heat up.

According to the New York Post, the rumors have their roots at Carmelo Anthony's wedding in 2010, where Paul allegedly toasted a future big three with Melo and Amar'e Stoudemire.

Three years later, STAT and Melo have already made it to New York, but with the Knicks over the salary cap, it's going to be virtually impossible for their dream to become a reality.

Though the Knicks are prepared to pay the heavy luxury tax that would welcome them if they land CP3, the big problem is the new CBA. Teams like New York, who are over the luxury tax threshold, will struggle to take part in sign-and-trades.

Couple that with the Knicks' lack of movable pieces, and you have a major obstacle standing in their way.

Still, if Paul really does want to play in New York, theoretically it could happen, though it would require him to take a pay cut, and the Knicks to find a way to cut salary.

As it stands, New York is down for $73.5 million in salary next season, which is $3.2 million over the luxury tax threshold of $70.3 million. To receive a player in a sign-and-trade, the Knicks would have to be under the tax "apron" of $74.3 million after the trade.

What that means is that New York can take part in a sign-and-trade, but the difficult part is finding a way to give the Clippers a package they want and get Paul the money he wants.

As the Clippers' own free agent, Paul can sign for a maximum of five years, $107.5 million with them. With another team he can only sign for four years, and with the Knicks, he'd likely have to take a huge pay cut on top of that.

New York is the perfect city for making money with off-the-court endorsements, so in that sense Paul may not be missing out too much if he forgoes some of his potential salary.

For the purposes of this article, let's assume he'd be happy with $14 million per year if it means he can play with Melo in NYC.

If that's the case, New York would have to trade away roughly the same amount of salary to Los Angeles.

The two players New York would most like to trade are Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler, but the Clippers already have a lot of money committed to their frontcourt of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

With that said, swapping Chandler and Jordan as part of the deal may make sense. It helps the salaries work out and gives the Clippers an upgrade at center.

For the salaries to match—and the Clippers to receive a decent package—the deal would have to look something like this:

Los Angeles Receives...

New York Receives...
•Chris Paul—$14 million
•DeAndre Jordan—$10 million

Though it's unlikely, this could make sense. The Clippers get an upgrade at center, a cheap replacement point guard and a talented young player in Iman Shumpert. Meanwhile, they also get one of the league's best shooters as a throw-in, as well as a draft pick.

Following the trade, New York would still just about be under the apron, so the trade would work out legally. The big issue is that CP3 would have to accept only $14 million in salary, and the Clippers would have to believe this trade is their best option.

That would require Paul to demand a trade from the Clippers and make it absolutely clear that he has no intention to sign with anyone other than the Knicks. Then, the Clippers would be forced to choose between this package or cap space, with Paul shutting down the possibility of a sign-and-trade elsewhere,

This would leave New York without the ability to use the mid-level exception and would have to fill out the rest of their roster with just $3 million. The tax "apron" would become a hard cap that they absolutely have to be under.

Under those rules, you can forget about re-signing J.R. Smith, and probably Chris Copeland and Kenyon Martin as well. The Knicks would have to find a way to get rid of Marcus Camby or Jason Kidd to even have a chance of giving their new big three a solid supporting cast.

Though CP3 is the target, this trade has the potential to make the Knicks worse. They would completely lose all flexibility if it goes down, destroying the roster they've spent three years building.

As Glen Grunwald recently said to the NY Daily News, this offseason is about continuity. The Knicks need to add a few rotation pieces, rather than focusing on blowing up the roster for a pipe dream. It's unfortunate, but the CBA just won't let them get this deal done and field a deep team afterwards.

Ultimately, the trade is unlikely, but it's not impossible if Paul is intent on coming to New York.

This summer is going to be the ultimate test of whether or not this is truly a player-driven league, and he has the power to help make this happen. As it stands, though, the odds are strongly in favour of the CBA in this battle.

PurpleJesus
05-31-2013, 03:02 AM
Is that a Bleacher Report article I am reading?

Jarvo
05-31-2013, 03:21 AM
for

Both well atleast Clippers get rid of DJ he sucks, Knicks are fine they just didnt get it done and has injuries. Wouldn't blow it up for CP3.

HeaTxRipZz
05-31-2013, 03:24 AM
Sounds like one of those articles that tries to make sense out of something impossible. BUT let's say NY pulls it off and trades for CP3 and Deandre now remember in the article it also said you had to get rid of Camby's contract, Kidd's and you can't re-sign JR, Copeland or Kenyon Martin so what does that leave the Knicks with?

Chris Paul
SG ?
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Deandre Jordan

Bench

Pablo Prigioni
SG?
SF?
PF?
C?

With 3 million left to spend who would they pick up to fill out the rest of that team?

Sssmush
05-31-2013, 03:30 AM
It is lol

Yah, your sig should be in a museum of modern art. Seriously, that is brilliant. I've watched it like 100 times and I feel like I'm having an existential experience. Tim Duncan is trippy... fn bad***

Method28
05-31-2013, 03:33 AM

I STRONGLY disagree with this. The NBA is a workplace. If CP wanted Del Negro gone and Sterling wanted to keep CP happy then you keep it discret. As the owner you're supposed to man up and take OWNERSHIP of the hirings and firings. Things like this are why players hate Sterling.

If i was CP i would be upset as well. Regardless if i had input or not, this is not something that should/needs to be dumped on any player.

By the way...if CP leaves...it ABOSLUTELY destroys the Clips as being viewed as a legit team. Unless they pull a miracle deal. Being able to pull Jefferson, Reddick AND Pierce in one offseason? idk man...seems very unlikely.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Get JVG

NYKnickFanatic
05-31-2013, 08:20 AM
I wish there was no salary cap.

NYKnickFanatic
05-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Sounds like one of those articles that tries to make sense out of something impossible. BUT let's say NY pulls it off and trades for CP3 and Deandre now remember in the article it also said you had to get rid of Camby's contract, Kidd's and you can't re-sign JR, Copeland or Kenyon Martin so what does that leave the Knicks with?

Chris Paul
SG ?
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Deandre Jordan

Bench

Pablo Prigioni
SG?
SF?
PF?
C?

With 3 million left to spend who would they pick up to fill out the rest of that team?

A bunch of James White's lol.

mjt20mik
05-31-2013, 08:29 AM
worst owner in the league.. Sterling is a scrub

I Rock Shaqs
05-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Who the hell is we? Are you one of the assistant coaches or something?

ldawg
05-31-2013, 09:02 AM
dont matter cp3 aint going no where he loves Byron.

knicksballers
05-31-2013, 10:02 AM

Chris Paul
SG ?
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Deandre Jordan

Bench

Pablo Prigioni
SG?
SF?
PF?
C?

our pick, say Jerome Jordon, Stephen jack, antwan jam, josh Selby, sebastain Telfair, al Harrington, Kenyon if he accepts the vet min, a seond rounder we get for camby

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
What's more funny about this is that Sterling didnt even throw CP3 under the bus. He could have been talking about Blake and other players. Blake had far more conflict with Vinny than CP3. So if CP3 is mad, he's misinformed. It's Vinny who implicated CP3 specifically and that he should be mad at if anyone.

KingPosey
05-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Come to the Lakers CP3.

Ya that coaching situation would brill him too if this was true lol

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 10:45 AM
I didn't even really think of the repercussions from those comments by Sterling. Everyone gave him props for being candid. He might have just chased the best player to ever don a Clips jersey out the door.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
I've been against the Knicks gutting the team for anyone but CP3. He's a guy you can gut the team for. I still sort of like the idea of going into 2015 with Melo, Shump, JR, Felton, this years draft pick and a shitload of cap space instead of gutting the team but CP3 is CP3.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 10:49 AM
According to more legit sources 70 percent of the locker room wanted Vinny gone.

GThawks
05-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Looks like CP3 and Howard to Houston.. Get it done Morey

Lol no chance... if they play anywhere together it's going to be the Hawks.

hugepatsfan
05-31-2013, 10:58 AM

lol you're in some serious denial if you don't think LAC's contender status is gone without CP3.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 11:10 AM
lol you're in some serious denial if you don't think LAC's contender status is gone without CP3.

Where did I say that? Of course it sets us back. It's not as dire as you guys are acting though. We don't automatically return to lotto team. We probably drop from 4 seed to 7 or 8 next year. Although if they used the open cap well enough they cpuld compete for HCA. CP3 gets way too much credit sometimes. We have a loaded squad... Stop acting like CP3 is the difference,between contender and lotto team. He's not Lebron, Shaq or Jordan.

tp13baby
05-31-2013, 11:30 AM

You will earn an earlier offseason next year.

Quietmoney
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM

Rules state that you have to be under the cap to sign and trade but it wouldn't be the Knicks signing and trading. It'll be the Clippers who I think would be under the cap.

NYCkid12
05-31-2013, 11:35 AM
our pick, say Jerome Jordon, Stephen jack, antwan jam, josh Selby, sebastain Telfair, al Harrington, Kenyon if he accepts the vet min, a seond rounder we get for camby

Any Knick fan who thinks CP3 to the Knicks is an actual possibility is really living in a fantasy land.

tp13baby
05-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Where did I say that? Of course it sets us back. It's not as dire as you guys are acting though. We don't automatically return to lotto team. We probably drop from 4 seed to 7 or 8 next year. Although if they used the open cap well enough they cpuld compete for HCA. CP3 gets way too much credit sometimes. We have a loaded squad... Stop acting like CP3 is the difference,between contender and lotto team. He's not Lebron, Shaq or Jordan.

Without Paul, OKC, Memphis, Spurs, Warriors and Denver are probably the top 5 seeds. I think Houston is probably better, Leaving Utah, Minnesota, LAL, LAC, Portland, Utah, and Dallas fighting for the 7-8. Ill take the Lakers and Minnesota from that group assuming they get Kobe back to a decent level next year.

NYCkid12
05-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Rules state that you have to be under the cap to sign and trade but it wouldn't be the Knicks signing and trading. It'll be the Clippers who I think would be under the cap.

It's to receive a player in a sign and trade you must be under the luxury tax level, which this season is approximately $70 Million, (Knicks salry is approximately $76 Million).

Even in your theory the Clippers are both over the cap and luxury tax level.

JLynn943
05-31-2013, 11:43 AM
He can come and reunite with his former assistant coach Mike Malone in Sacramento :)

(and no, I do not actually expect that to happen)

BklynKnicks3
05-31-2013, 11:48 AM
I love how everyone give knicks no chance. Not saying it will happen but if he want ti it will happen. Just need to get under the cap. I think cp3 n Melo would be perfect. Better then dwight n cp3 n why would he want to play with a aging dirk.

NYCkid12
05-31-2013, 11:51 AM
I love how everyone give knicks no chance. Not saying it will happen but if he want ti it will happen. Just need to get under the cap. I think cp3 n Melo would be perfect. Better then dwight n cp3 n why would he want to play with a aging dirk.

THIS is the problem. How do you do that? LOL

kylem4711
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22333155/report-chris-paul-angry-with-clippers

hugepatsfan
05-31-2013, 11:54 AM

Being a 7 seed as opposed to a 4 seed might not seem like a big drop off just typed on a page, but in reality that's a huge difference. And I wouldn't even say LAC is a guaranteed playoff squad without CP3. They'd be in competition for a bottom seed. So yes, CP3 could be the difference between them being a lotto team and the second tier contender they were last season.

And I'm sorry but the Clippers are by no means a "loaded" squad. Blake is a fantastic young player but his game still has holes. Jordan is a solid defensive center, but by no means a cornerstone and he's overpaid. Crawford is a great 6th man but he's just that - a 6th man. You guys are weak at the wing positions. Bledsoe is a nice young player, but there would be a huge drop off from CP3. A good squad, but by no means loaded. Now if you keep CP3, Blake develops further, and the FO manage to move Bledsoe for something good... now we're talking.

nycericanguy
05-31-2013, 11:55 AM
It's to receive a player in a sign and trade you must be under the luxury tax level, which this season is approximately $70 Million, (Knicks salry is approximately $76 Million).

Even in your theory the Clippers are both over the cap and luxury tax level.

Clips have $45m committed for next year.

The Apron was $74m last year and should be around $76m next year.

Knicks will be at $73m when JR opts out, both teams can S&T if need be. The question is would the Clips do it if CP3 wants to leave?

It would have to be something like

Chandler, Shump, Novak, Camby, Felton, 2016 1st for DJ & CP3.

Not sure its even worth it for NY, losing 4 rotation players and a pick, and downgrading at C.

They could just stick with Felton & Prigs and draft a young PG this year.

SlimKid
05-31-2013, 12:04 PM
So, back to the 'pissed' topic. Is Paul innocent in this whole ordeal like he claims, or was he the primary reason VDN wasn't resigned? The trade rumors seem rather presumptuous at this point - not that they're not fun to entertain.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Being a 7 seed as opposed to a 4 seed might not seem like a big drop off just typed on a page, but in reality that's a huge difference. And I wouldn't even say LAC is a guaranteed playoff squad without CP3. They'd be in competition for a bottom seed. So yes, CP3 could be the difference between them being a lotto team and the second tier contender they were last season.

And I'm sorry but the Clippers are by no means a "loaded" squad. Blake is a fantastic young player but his game still has holes. Jordan is a solid defensive center, but by no means a cornerstone and he's overpaid. Crawford is a great 6th man but he's just that - a 6th man. You guys are weak at the wing positions. Bledsoe is a nice young player, but there would be a huge drop off from CP3. A good squad, but by no means loaded. Now if you keep CP3, Blake develops further, and the FO manage to move Bledsoe for something good... now we're talking.

Sounds like somebody that hasn't watched the Clippers much or doesn't know the current cap situation of the team. You're going with the assumption that the squad would basically be Bledsoe+Griffin+DJ+Crawford and ignoring the 14+ mill in cap space we can clear if CP3 walks. Plenty to fill holes. As I said before you honestly want to tell me with a straight face that a lineup of...

Bledsoe
Reddick
Pierce
Griffin
DJ

6th man: Crawford

couldn't contend for HCA still? Clippers were indeed loaded the last two years when you talk about top to bottom talent. Without CP3 they are still a very talented team, probably similar in terms of talent/situation to the Rockets this year. Probably a mid-low seed that has a shot to make some noise like Houston or GS. That's just until Blake has another year or two to get better and better.

I'm starting to see why so many criticize CP3 for being untouchable in the minds of people. He can do no wrong according to so many. Never even been to a conference finals.. even while playing with lots of talent in 3-4 of those years. People give CP3 100 percent of the credit of the Clippers turnaround and not enough to the organization who added 10 new players in 2011-2012 (some great role players, starters) and 7 last summer. He gets none of the criticism when we fall short either.

Chris Paul COMBINED with the great additions+development of young players gave the franchise a lift. Paul is the man who makes the machine run but I'm tired of ALL the credit going to CP3. Tired of all the comments like "CP3 makes the Clippers, without him they are nothing". If anything this makes me actually want the guy to leave so we can prove otherwise. Clippers with Gordon+Griffin were rapidly on the rise with tons of flexibility and assets. All trading for CP3 did was improve reputation and speed up the process 2 years. Big deal but the team was rising regardless.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 12:46 PM
CP3 wants to have it both ways and that **** doesn't fly with me. He's got all the power and input on everything the franchise does.. but owns up to none of the backlash. Can't honestly expect Sterling to lie for CP3 and say something like "I made the decision" when in actuality he didn't. Just idiotic logic. If anything the only thing we can really argue against Sterling is that he shouldn't have given a known troll Simers the interview.

If CP3's mad then he's not as intelligent as I thought he was. Sterling implied it was the PLAYERS key word being plural. He didn't implicate CP3 at all. Like I said in a previous post Blake Griffin actually had the clashes with Vinny, not CP3. For all we know Sterling was talking about Blake... so it's dumb for CP3's people to automatically personalize it. It's actually VINNY who has been going around implicating Vinny. So turn your anger towards him and be glad you helped get him fired CP3.

Ramona Shelburne reported couple weeks ago that she talked to the entire team under anonymity and the locker room was split 70/30 in favor of getting rid of Vinny. Sterling likely was talking about multiple players. I assume guys like Griffin, CP3, Crawford, Bledsoe and DJ ALL wanted him out, which is our entire core. Bledsoe and DJ got treated like **** and mismanaged to hell. Crawford was benched the entire second half in game 6 and was livid. Griffin had clashes with Vinny a bunch of times. CP3 obviously knows Vinny sucks.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 12:49 PM
CP3 wants to have it both ways and that **** doesn't fly with me. He's got all the power and input on everything the franchise does.. but owns up to none of the backlash. Can't honestly expect Sterling to lie for CP3 and say something like "I made the decision" when in actuality he didn't. Just idiotic logic. If anything the only thing we can really argue against Sterling is that he shouldn't have given a known troll Simers the interview.

Sure you can. Sterling basically admitted thats how it works and than went against everything he spoke about regarding the players running the show and keeping players happy is the #1 priority. While stating all that, he didn't even know he was doing the complete opposite.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Sure you can. Sterling basically admitted thats how it works and than went against everything he spoke about regarding the players running the show and keeping players happy is the #1 priority. While stating all that, he didn't even know he was doing the complete opposite.

So you like the direction of the league in kissing players *****? Shouldn't have to beg a player with creaky knees to accept a 108 million, 5 year contract and luckily Donald is a stubborn, hardass. If CP3 starts playing hardball too much Sterling is liable to tell him to kiss his *** and at this point I wouldn't care. I want our team to be molded in the way the Spurs, Grizzlies and Pacers are. TEAM first, no primadonnas... and everybody carrying the weight. Last thing I want is for us to have a primadonna superstar at the helm. It's just too much drama for me.

2-ONE-5
05-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Sounds like somebody that hasn't watched the Clippers much or doesn't know the current cap situation of the team. You're going with the assumption that the squad would basically be Bledsoe+Griffin+DJ+Crawford and ignoring the 14+ mill in cap space we can clear if CP3 walks. Plenty to fill holes. As I said before you honestly want to tell me with a straight face that a lineup of...

Bledsoe
Reddick
Pierce
Griffin
DJ

couldn't contend for HCA still? Clippers were indeed loaded the last two years when you talk about top to bottom talent. Without CP3 they are still a very talented team, probably similar in terms of talent/situation to the Rockets this year. Probably a mid-low seed that has a shot to make some noise like Houston or GS. That's just until Blake has another year or two to get better and better.

I'm starting to see why so many criticize CP3 for being untouchable in the minds of people. He can do no wrong according to so many. Never even been to a conference finals.. even while playing with lots of talent in 3-4 of those years. People give CP3 100 percent of the credit of the Clippers turnaround and not enough to the organization who added 10 new players in 2011-2012 (some great role players, starters) and 7 last summer. He gets none of the criticism when we fall short either.

Chris Paul COMBINED with the great additions+development of young players gave the franchise a lift. Paul is the man who makes the machine run but I'm tired of ALL the credit going to CP3. Tired of all the comments like "CP3 makes the Clippers, without him they are nothing". If anything this makes me actually want the guy to leave so we can prove otherwise. Clippers with Gordon+Griffin were rapidly on the rise with tons of flexibility and assets. All trading for CP3 did was improve reputation and speed up the process 2 years. Big deal but the team was rising regardless.

no it really couldnt

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 01:05 PM
no it really couldnt

Agree to disagree. Still a playoff team on the rise, regardless of CP3 or no CP3.

Quietmoney
05-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Well... He never wanted to be a Clipper and his trade to the Lakers was veto'd by the league and now they are calling him a coach killer. He wants to be a Knick and play with Melo, the Clippers need to facilitate a trade to the Knicks and get something out of the deal. He wants a chance at a tittle.

Quietmoney
05-31-2013, 01:08 PM
So you like the direction of the league in kissing players *****? Shouldn't have to beg a player with creaky knees to accept a 108 million, 5 year contract and luckily Donald is a stubborn, hardass. If CP3 starts playing hardball too much Sterling is liable to tell him to kiss his *** and at this point I wouldn't care. I want our team to be molded in the way the Spurs, Grizzlies and Pacers are. TEAM first, no primadonnas... and everybody carrying the weight. Last thing I want is for us to have a primadonna superstar at the helm. It's just too much drama for me.

I wouldn't say it's *** kissing to have player input when your talking about a franchise player. You do have to draw a line somewhere though.

hugepatsfan
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM

Bledsoe
Reddick
Pierce
Griffin
DJ

That team would not compete for HCA. It would be a middle seed again with another 1st or 2nd round exit. I haven't said that the Clips aren't a good team without CP3 but that's all they are without him - a good team. If the Clips want to contend for a championship they have to re-sign CP3. Period. Cap space is nice, but the whole reason for creating cap space is so you can sign guys like CP3. Mid level role players like Reddick and an aging Pierce get you stuck in basketball hell - too good to rebuild, not good enough to compete for titles.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't say it's *** kissing to have player input when your talking about a franchise player. You do have to draw a line somewhere though.

Which the Clippers haven't done (most teams don't). I'm very unhappy with one player holding the franchise by the balls like this. The fu**ing world doesn't revolve around you CP3. BTW the Clippers were on CP3's "wishlist" right there with Knicks and Lakers according to pretty much every source who spoke on the matter.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Michael Eaves of FoxSportsWest going off on Twitter.

"I've said this on various radio stations since the end of the season but I guess I should have posted it here as well: CP3 did not fire VDN!

And for anyone to make that accusation is just flat out wrong. At no point did CP3 tell the Clippers that he didn't want to play for VDN!

With or without CP3, Clippers management did not believe VDN was the coach to take them to the next level, evidenced by 1st round flameout.

Not once in 2 seasons with #Clippers, did CP3 ever criticize VDN or the coaching staff after a loss. In fact, he often defended them.

I realize it makes for a great story--especially nationally--but this story doesn't hold water. CP3 had nothing to do with VDN not returning

In hindsight, I'm sure #Clippers management wishes it would have gotten in front of this story before CP3 started catching all the blame."

Seems like Blake Griffin may have been the actual culprit considering he's actually called Vinny out a couple times. Such a non story.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 02:11 PM
"This situation is not exclusive to the #Clippers. Stuff likes this happens to teams all the time, mostly due to people on the outside."

-Michael Eaves FoxSports

Also the Hoopsworld guys are saying this is severely overblown.

D-Leethal
05-31-2013, 02:16 PM

When did I say I liked it?

I just said - thats how it is, thats how it'll always be (in my best Jay Z voice).

Method28
05-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Michael Eaves of FoxSportsWest going off on Twitter.

"I've said this on various radio stations since the end of the season but I guess I should have posted it here as well: CP3 did not fire VDN!

And for anyone to make that accusation is just flat out wrong. At no point did CP3 tell the Clippers that he didn't want to play for VDN!

With or without CP3, Clippers management did not believe VDN was the coach to take them to the next level, evidenced by 1st round flameout.

Not once in 2 seasons with #Clippers, did CP3 ever criticize VDN or the coaching staff after a loss. In fact, he often defended them.

I realize it makes for a great story--especially nationally--but this story doesn't hold water. CP3 had nothing to do with VDN not returning

In hindsight, I'm sure #Clippers management wishes it would have gotten in front of this story before CP3 started catching all the blame."

Seems like Blake Griffin may have been the actual culprit considering he's actually called Vinny out a couple times. Such a non story.

So are you going to bash the "primadona" blake now?

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm not saying Blake definitely did it. Just saying it's anonymous and there is just as much of a chance it's him. The LIKELY scenario is a bunch of media people trying to sabotage what the Clippers are building and get a big story out (it worked, look at how much it's dominating headlines today).

Also the primadonna aspect isn't the getting rid of Vinny. If CP3 WAS the one responsible I'd happily give him a kiss on the lips for that! The primadonna comment is the "being pissed off" about something the media is obviously blowing up to stir the pot.

KnickaBocka.44
05-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Agree to disagree. Still a playoff team on the rise, regardless of CP3 or no CP3.

Not rising, they would be dropping.

Method28
05-31-2013, 03:16 PM
You want the Clips to be molded like the Spurs, Grizz and Pacers yet you are bashing the only player on the team that would mess with those teams. Paul is a fierce competitor. Think about it....Jordan is soft....blake has often been criticized for being soft and disappearing in the playoffs. Nobody on this team sans cp, barnes and probably butler is a grit and grind player. Cp IS the difference between a contender and a potential lottery pick for the Clips. Paul runs the point with the best assist to turnover ratio, can take over a game, is a leader and beasts in the playoffs. What did anyone else do this or last years playoffs?

By the way....cp is also the guy that brought barnes and crawford with him.

Regarding the.Vinny and Sterling comments....CP has the.right to.be upset. As an owner, Sterling needs to take full responsibility for what happens with.HIS club. This includes firing staff. Sterling didn't straight out say it but he said "special players." Clippers have two of those and when he used it in a plural sense, that implicates CP as well. Plus Vinny was not even fired! He just wasn't brought back.

All Sterling needed to.say.was "we thank coach for a great.run but.we have decided to go in a different direction." And just.shut up.

With Vinny and Sterling being such close buddies, where do you think Vinny got his info that Paul didn't want him back?

Method28
05-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Regardless, im happy Vinny is gone. Now Sterling needs to sack up and clarify to the media that he.was speaking in generalities and get cp back on board and start working a Bledsoe trade out! Damn....has the new season started yet?

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
http://www.clipsnation.com/2013/5/31/4383860/chris-paul-is-upset-consider-the-source

Steve Perrin with the ether. Consider the source.

GThawks
05-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Sam Amico just tweeted

"When people ask about Dwight Howard & Chris Paul possibly with Hawks, I have a hard time blowing it off. NBA players really really love ATL."

sammyvine
05-31-2013, 03:56 PM
blake griffin is soft

Cracka2HI!
05-31-2013, 04:29 PM
I was pissed at Sterling when he made those comments. The guy finally starts trying and is willing to spend money but he's still a stupid owner. If he losses CP3 for "being honest" he's still a horrible owner.

Cracka2HI!
05-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Regardless, im happy Vinny is gone. Now Sterling needs to sack up and clarify to the media that he.was speaking in generalities and get cp back on board and start working a Bledsoe trade out! Damn....has the new season started yet?

This. Sterling should be able to fix this by completely denying his earlier quotes and say it was taken out of context. Either way he needs to publically appologize to CP3 for his comments. He did make it look like CP3 was responsible for VDN's demise.

kylem4711
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM

This. Sterling should be able to fix this by completely denying his earlier quotes and say it was taken out of context. Either way he needs to publically appologize to CP3 for his comments. He did make it look like CP3 was responsible for VDN's demise.

Dont see sterling apologizing to anyone. Hed rather sit in court than apologize.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 04:52 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9329970&city=losangeles

Good job Gary Sacks. Put out the fire.

Crackadalic
05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Sam Amico just tweeted

"When people ask about Dwight Howard & Chris Paul possibly with Hawks, I have a hard time blowing it off. NBA players really really love ATL."
Imagine if that happens
Cp3/?/smith/horford/Howard.

GThawks
05-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Imagine if that happens

It would sick but I think Smith is gone.

HowFit
05-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Imagine if that happens

CP3
Lou Williams
Smith
Horford
Howard

HowFit
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
It would sick but I think Smith is gone.

Unless he takes less. He wanted MAX but may be willing to take less if this happens...

GThawks
05-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Unless he takes less. He wanted MAX but may be willing to take less if this happens...

True... I am a little skeptical with him at the 3 though. He can play it but I wish he had a better shot selection.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 07:55 PM
When asked if players such as All-Stars Chris Paul and Blake Griffin would have a role in deciding who the next coach will be, Sacks said, “No.”

“All of our decisions are organizational decisions that are made by the front office in conjunction with ownership,” Sacks said. “So I don’t think players should be consulted on any decisions personnelwise, once we decide on something. Do we in the course of talking to our players, get some input? Sure. But all decisions are made strictly by us -- 100%. There’s no wavering. There’s no gray area there.”

Sssmush
05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
HELLO people

Chris Paul was ALWAYS going to leave the Clippers after 1 year. That was a known, given, certain truth.

I said this after the trade, and it is just as true today as it was then. The fact that he is pausing to trash the
Clippers on his way out is just a bit of an extra. The Clippers have shown what kind of a franchise they are, and the very ugly Elgin Baylor incident among other things have made that quite clear.

That's not why CP3 is leaving the Clippers but hello WAKE UP you act like you didn't know that CP3 was always leaving.

He's probably going to sign in Dallas or something like that.

/thread

Clippersfan86
05-31-2013, 09:15 PM
HELLO people

Chris Paul was ALWAYS going to leave the Clippers after 1 year. That was a known, given, certain truth.

I said this after the trade, and it is just as true today as it was then. The fact that he is pausing to trash the
Clippers on his way out is just a bit of an extra. The Clippers have shown what kind of a franchise they are, and the very ugly Elgin Baylor incident among other things have made that quite clear.

That's not why CP3 is leaving the Clippers but hello WAKE UP you act like you didn't know that CP3 was always leaving.

/thread

3 month avy bet that?

ArmLaker
05-31-2013, 10:18 PM
lol Dallas, Houston, Clippers!! He's either going to the Knicks or changing locker rooms at Staples, my gut feeling is the latter, where he should've been these past couple of seasons.

goingfor28
05-31-2013, 10:32 PM
lol not getting past the first round of the playoffs and then potentially losing your best player to free agency? Yea you're in a great position.

bc the lakers are in just such fantastic position themselves right now.

goingfor28
05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
HELLO people

/thread

lulz

ohreally
05-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Clips have $45m committed for next year.

The Apron was $74m last year and should be around $76m next year.

Knicks will be at $73m when JR opts out, both teams can S&T if need be. The question is would the Clips do it if CP3 wants to leave?

It would have to be something like

Chandler, Shump, Novak, Camby, Felton, 2016 1st for DJ & CP3.

Not sure its even worth it for NY, losing 4 rotation players and a pick, and downgrading at C.

They could just stick with Felton & Prigs and draft a young PG this year.

Wow, I guess the Clips would be seriously disappointed to hear this.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
They should totally get JVG.

GiantsSwaGG
06-01-2013, 05:12 PM

:facepalm:

Tony_Starks
06-01-2013, 05:18 PM
He can leave, but Cliff Paul gotta stay in LA....

Clippersfan86
06-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I can't wait till we have CP3, Griffin, Crawford, DJ and whoever we pick up from Bledsoe trade being coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Put the rest of the NBA on notice.

Vinny642
06-01-2013, 11:59 PM
I can't wait till we have CP3, Griffin, Crawford, DJ and whoever we pick up from Bledsoe trade being coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Put the rest of the NBA on notice.

Blake still has some developing to do

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Blake still has some developing to do

So does everybody else on our team not named CP3. Not sure what this means lol. Of course Blake is nowhere near his prime nor refined as a player.

Vinny642
06-02-2013, 11:02 AM
So does everybody else on our team not named CP3. Not sure what this means lol. Of course Blake is nowhere near his prime nor refined as a player.

I actually dont think he will develop into the player you are expecting, I think he is pretty close to his prime, as of right now, he isnt a number 2 on a championship team

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
You'd be the only analyst I know that said Blake was near his prime. Elite work ethic... Doubt he keeps these holes in his game. Look at how far his defense and free throw shooting came in one summer.

waveycrockett
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
You'd be the only analyst I know that said Blake was near his prime. Elite work ethic... Doubt he keeps these holes in his game. Look at how far his defense and free throw shooting came in one summer.

Aside from improving his mid-range touch and extending his range a bit not much else you can expect Blake to do. He's never going to be an Elite defender or be a 70% FT at this stage of his career.

Vinny642
06-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Free throw shooting is the easiest thing to fix in the world, the people that dont, are just lazy plain and simple... I dont think his defense is really that good, its average at best. Did he fix his injury prone problem yet?

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Vinny he's missed 2 games in 3 years so what injury problem? His playstyle leads to injuries but he plays through them. For some people free throw shooting is easy, for others it isn't. Yet that and his D were his absolute biggest knocks along with his jumper and he improved all 3 substantially in one year. Although many here don't respect Synergy Blake is a top 15 post defebder according to it, where in previous seasons he was near the bottom. You're going to try to convince somebody that hasn't missed a single game of his career that his D didn't improve a lot? He went from ATROCIOUS defender to slightly above average in 2 years. Kendrick Perkins said Blake's biggest improvement is that he actually plays defense now,for example.

He shot over 80 percent from the line in the playoffs. Mark my words... With a coach that utilizes him better this year he has a big year coming.

waveycrockett
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
He shot over 80 percent from the line in the playoffs. Mark my words... With a coach that utilizes him better this year he has a big year coming.
He averaged only 4.3attempts per game tho...That's awful for a guy who is considered a "superstar" by the media and who for his career averages about 7 attempts. Take for example Karl Malone who everaged 9 attempts per game for his career and was a 74% FT shooter.

The best thing Blake can do for his game is get to the line MORE and hit 70% of his FT's. Until then he will always just be a very good player not an ELITE one.

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Wavey tell that to the refs who let him get murdered all game. Only way Blake gets free throws is he gets hit in the,face or flagrantly fouled.

hugepatsfan
06-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I get that Blake is young but it's pretty ridiculous to just assume that he's going to fix every flaw in his game as he gets older.

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Putting words in my mouth? Blake's insane work ethic is what's going to fix his flaws. A great coach will simply put him in much better situations to thrive, something Vinny failed miserably at. Ask Clippers fans how many times Blake had nearly 20/10 by half only to get 5 touches and 2 shots the rest of the game.

FriedTofuz
06-02-2013, 04:47 PM
3 Team Deal ( sign and trade)

Pacers get
Bargnani
Derozan

Clippers get:
Lowry
Granger

Raptors get:
Chris paul

Bargnani, Derozan + Lowry = chris paul. Why not?

The clippers would get a lot instead of paul leaving, and the pacers strengthen their bench with a big who can stretch the floor along with a proper SG who would become better defensively.

Raptors would be a playoff team, and Jonas Valancuinas would be beautiful with chris paul running the show.
you may be thinking, why the hell would chris paul want to come here, when there's dallas, houston an atlanta with cap space? Well, The clippers organization would get back a lot instead of losing him for nothing, and also, the raptors would definitly be a playoff team with chris paul and gay alone on the team. the development of Ross + Valancuinas would be evident and this team will become better as the playoffs progress. I say they can do it
Last edited by FriedTofuz; Today at 04:31 PM.

Cracka2HI!
06-02-2013, 05:17 PM
LOL at CP3 to the Raptors! That wouldn't be a terrible trade for the Clippers tho...if Granger is healthy.

Blake is his own worst enemy. He lets the refs get in his head too much and it takes him out of his game. What he really needs is an attitude adjustment. Hopefully we get a coach that can give one.

Method28
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
LOL at CP3 to the Raptors! That wouldn't be a terrible trade for the Clippers tho...if Granger is healthy.

Blake is his own worst enemy. He lets the refs get in his head too much and it takes him out of his game. What he really needs is an attitude adjustment. Hopefully we get a coach that can give one.

Agree. I want a coach who will get in his face and tell him "yes you got fouled, they didn't call it. Stop talking to the refs and get your *** back on defense."

Clippersfan86
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
JVG and Hollins would do that for sure.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Wrong thread.

ThuglifeJ
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM

Your posts reek of insecurity.

smith&wesson
06-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Why is Chris always so mad

ThuglifeJ
06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

dude stop setting yourself up for so much embarrassment and dissapointment. Blake is the most out of control star in the league. He literally is falling over or on his *** over half the game. Literally just throws whatever at the basket, his offensive game looks hopeless imo. His lack of skill and basketball IQ is what will hold him back from being anything more than he is. He literally is all athleticism, once that wears off he's going to be out of the league

valade16
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM
He averaged only 4.3attempts per game tho...That's awful for a guy who is considered a "superstar" by the media and who for his career averages about 7 attempts. Take for example Karl Malone who everaged 9 attempts per game for his career and was a 74% FT shooter.

The best thing Blake can do for his game is get to the line MORE and hit 70% of his FT's. Until then he will always just be a very good player not an ELITE one.

I'd be curious to know if you consider Shaq an Elite player or just a very good one considering he never hit anywhere near 70% of his FTs...

dude stop setting yourself up for so much embarrassment and dissapointment. Blake is the most out of control star in the league. He literally is falling over or on his *** over half the game. Literally just throws whatever at the basket, his offensive game looks hopeless imo. His lack of skill and basketball IQ is what will hold him back from being anything more than he is. He literally is all athleticism, once that wears off he's going to be out of the league

This is perhaps the worst analysis of a player I've ever seen. Clearly the Thuglife takes up most of your time because it's obvious you don't spend much of it watching Basketball...