PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade..What's up?

Rivera
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know where the real d wade is? When is it appropriate to start asking where's wade and what's up with his play this post season

Is an injury really the source of Dwayne wade struggles? Is it not being able to get into a Rythm? Is it he's just not the athlete he was and his style of play caught up to him?

I have no doubts wade can come out game 6 and drop 30+ and he just gets crazy hot and talks to his hand like he has done in the past. But a breakout game shouldn't quiet what he has or hasn't done this postseason

Id been dying to get other peoples opinions on wade and his play this postseason and what you think wades problem is wether it's injuries or something else entirely

Also I'd figure it be more civil after a Miami win

OceanSpray
05-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Time for him to seriously think about retirement. Deep down, I know Wade is gone. His knee never looked better and he ran on a generator. He's not Kobe because he doesn't have the jumpshot or footwork that Kobe possesses. Wade can be a great bench player, but he's far from stardom at this point. I'd hate to see him dwindle into VC, T-Mac, and Allen Iverson.

BigCityofDreams
05-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Not being focused

mngopher35
05-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Time for him to seriously think about retirement. Deep down, I know Wade is gone. His knee never looked better and he ran on a generator. He's not Kobe because he doesn't have the jumpshot or footwork that Kobe possesses. Wade can be a great bench player, but he's far from stardom at this point. I'd hate to see him dwindle into VC, T-Mac, and Allen Iverson.

Unless it is a serious problem (that could harm his future) no way. He seems injured to me, so hopefully that is all that is wrong. He had a pretty good regular season too. I think next year they should really manage his minutes a ton in regular season (I'm talking 30 min per game no back to backs). Hopefully that would keep him fresh for the playoffs.

MTL_123
05-30-2013, 11:24 PM
man i really hope hes not done but it looks like it. It looks like wade hasn't put work in his game since his shoulder injury and came back and led the league in scoring.

You can tell he doesnt work on his game because he still doesnt have a jumper and ft shooting smh

Avenged
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Combination of injury and losing his athleticism. Like all great players, it looks like his time is up. Time for him to adjust his game.

Fmaranesi
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM

LOL what? Retire? He's injured ... Wade averaged 21 5 5 this year. He was the 8th leading scorer in the league. Only 4 guys averaged over 20 5 5 last year.

Has he been sucking? Heck yes! But after the season he just had I think it's way too early to start talking retirement

kjoke
05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
He's playing like he's saving up idk though. Hopefully over the summer he works on his shot again. Still a good defender though. Very active

Snapshot
05-30-2013, 11:34 PM
I cringe watching him play...its sad seeing him unable to beat a dead man off the dribble, then u add the fact that he's sort of a tweener, so the crossover step backs and elusiveness off the bounce that use to give him separation for the pull up is now gone, and leaving him easy to guard by the taller 2's in the league...sad.

He's good for nuffn more than a cut to the basket, a run out, or a post up with a nasty lookin jump hook in the middle of the lane. R.I.P to him but at least he'll go down as the 3rd best SG to lace em up.

t_money25
05-30-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm leaning more towards injury than anything else because of the good regular season he had. He doesn't seem to trust his jumper and he keeps pump faking on open mid range shots. Hopefully he can get healthy in the off season and maybe take several games off next year sort of like what Popovich does with Duncan and Ginobili. But retirement?? No way.....it hasn't been close to that bad.

HYFR
05-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Man it sucks to see but he is def losing his athleticism. And he just cannot rely on his jump shot to be effective either so it's gonna look rough from here on out

kjoke
05-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I will say that the same thing was said several times last year too though

Slug3
05-30-2013, 11:42 PM
I think the worse is when I look at him and I see no love or passion for basketball. It's like it's a crappy job he goes to every day. Very sad to look at.

Becks2307
Man remember the 08-09 wade..

LoveMeOrHateMe
He's done he ain't no kobe

bucketss
05-30-2013, 11:45 PM
better question is, where has bosh been?? sprained vagina i suppose??

Rivera
05-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I will say that the same thing was said several times last year too though

Which adds credence to the question

ManRam
05-30-2013, 11:49 PM
we all chalked him up as "done" after last year's playoffs and the early regular season...then he went on to play at a level on par with any other SG in the NBA once he got healthy.

i'd be hesitant to bring back the "he's done" talk again, when he's again clearly injured and in a funk.

not sure i'm willing to play it all off as it being 100% because of injuries...and i think his struggles are more will now, but still.

justinnum1
05-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Injured.

NYSpirit1
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Wade's been awful this postseason. He's averaging like 14 points a game.

Wade's crappiness has taken away from Bosh's ineffectiveness, just giving the Heat 13 points and 6 1/2 rebounds in the postseason.

It's not just the numbers. If you watch Wade out there, he's just a non-factor, much like the way Amare has become a non factor on the Knicks - just out there -when they both used to be bonafide stars.

Wade has to be injured. He was good in the regular season, although his stats are starting to dwindle. He's went from 26-30 a game to 21. He's more efficient, but LeBron's completely taken over the team.

If Wade sucks this much in the Finals, I don't know if the Heat are getting past the Spurs. They can get away with him playing like garbage vs. the Bucks and Bulls, maybe even the Pacers, but not the Spurs.

If there was ever a reason for LeBron to return to Cleveland, it would be because Wade's talents are diminishing, but I think Bosh is good enough (if he decides to be) to be the no. 2 and Wade the no. 3 to continue the championship runs.

kjoke
05-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Which adds credence to the question

What that he had a regular season on par with any other SG?

Hangtime
05-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Wade has always been a lot more reckless with his body and I always felt when he hits 30 injuries would take it's toll and quicken his decline. But I think we are jumping the gun here with talk of retirement. Wade can still ball when healthy.

The Flash
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
I think the worse is when I look at him and I see no love or passion for basketball. It's like it's a crappy job he goes to every day. Very sad to look at.

Dude he's hurt, he's frustrated, he's mostly a decoy on the court. I'm more frustrated with Bosh, i know he's playing out of position but he needs to toughen up

Rivera
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
What that he had a regular season on par with any other SG?

Just to falter in the playoffs for the second straight season

It seems his body broke down .2 years in a row in the playoffs

That has something to do with his style of play, his off season programming or his coach not resting him

JordansBulls
05-30-2013, 11:59 PM

Seems they were better against Indy last year without Bosh.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 12:00 AM
LOL what? Retire? He's injured ... Wade averaged 21 5 5 this year. He was the 8th leading scorer in the league. Only 4 guys averaged over 20 5 5 last year.

Has he been sucking? Heck yes! But after the season he just had I think it's way too early to start talking retirement

Those stats are very misleading. He's been great in the regular season - but this is the playoffs. Wade can't efficiently score without the help of James feeding him for the easy lobs/go ahead passes. When Wade receives the ball, he dribbles too much and settles for a jumper when the defender doesn't fall for it. Wade is slow, and no longer has that explosiveness in him. Kobe has it, Wade doesn't. Wade was never a great jump shooter. There's no way Wade should be getting paid that kind of money and provide no results. It's a huge mistake for Miami to not take this into consideration for the future.

Snapshot
05-31-2013, 12:00 AM
lol @ injury being the excuse, he clearly isnt the same whether he's injured or not. Yeah, he was efficient in the reg season, but most of his points come from garbage buckets, cuts, run outs, stick backs...where is the real D Wade, the dude that could get his OWN shot at will and break down defenses with ease and finish at the cup with finesse and power?

That Wade is gone forever...now he relies on others to set him up for ez buckets smh...he wont avg over 17ppg next year, book it.

koreancabbage
05-31-2013, 12:03 AM

West and Hibbert is a load for the only big man on the Heat team.

Spo has to play Haslem and Anderson along side Bosh. Bosh isn't a strong inside player and its taking a toll on his offense.

Hangtime
05-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Seems they were better against Indy last year without Bosh.

That's because both Wade and Bron were phenomenal. And guys like Battier and even Haslem stepped up kind of like Haslem did tonight and in game 3. This is almost identical to last year with or without Bosh.

JC_
05-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Every few months someone starts one of these threads. Wade played amazing in parts of this season (imo better than last season). I think he's just playing on empty right now. Spo might have to think about giving him a lot more rest next season.

Snapshot
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Sumn that puzzles me is the fact that Wade and AI both relatively played the same game, both were reckless as **** and put their bodies thru hell due to it, yet at age 32 (older than Wade, 31) on DEN back in 08', AI was having a career year efficiency wise while racking up 26ppg...just saying.

ClevelandSpider
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Wade seems to be always injured, but another poster hit the nail on the head when talking of his on court demeanor, dude looks like he's working a crappy 9-5 dead end job and has no passion at all...of all the players on the Heat who play significantly, he's got the least amount of passion, it's saddening, I think part of that has to do with teaming up with LeBron...when Wade was the superstar he was almost on LeBron's level, now he's accepted the Robin role and at least to me underneath it all he's unhappy...

Real question is can a depressed Wade be enough to beat San Antonio because we all know LeBron can't do it by himself, well maybe this time he'll win 1 game if by himself, Wade needs to step up if they want to repeat!

bucketss
05-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Wade's been awful this postseason. He's averaging like 14 points a game.

Wade's crappiness has taken away from Bosh's ineffectiveness, just giving the Heat 13 points and 6 1/2 rebounds in the postseason.

It's not just the numbers. If you watch Wade out there, he's just a non-factor, much like the way Amare has become a non factor on the Knicks - just out there -when they both used to be bonafide stars.

Wade has to be injured. He was good in the regular season, although his stats are starting to dwindle. He's went from 26-30 a game to 21. He's more efficient, but LeBron's completely taken over the team.

If Wade sucks this much in the Finals, I don't know if the Heat are getting past the Spurs. They can get away with him playing like garbage vs. the Bucks and Bulls, maybe even the Pacers, but not the Spurs.

If there was ever a reason for LeBron to return to Cleveland, it would be because Wade's talents are diminishing, but I think Bosh is good enough (if he decides to be) to be the no. 2 and Wade the no. 3 to continue the championship runs.

last time you said that miami was lucky all the other teams had injuries including the knicks(melos shoulder, )and you told everyone not to bring up wade because hes not injured just old, but now you switch it up and say wade is injured?

5ass
05-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Hes holding Lebron back. So is Bosh, the guy is NOT a center, he's too soft to play PF.

b@llhog24
05-31-2013, 01:09 AM
Injury.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Hes holding Lebron back. So is Bosh, the guy is NOT a center, he's too soft to play PF.

Agreed. This might've been different if it was three years ago. Wade is taking the backseat and beyond to LeBron to the point where he's often useless in games. Bosh has done decent. I didn't expect him to "dominate" this series. You get a PF who has a lethal mid range game and can free the paint up for the likes of James/Wade. The only issue will have to be his rebounding and the fact that he doesn't play dirty. By dirty, I mean start putting some effort for rebounds. There is no way a 6"11 should be averaging any less than 10 rebounds a game.

IversonIsKrazy
05-31-2013, 01:36 AM
He's obviously not close to his prime 30ppg self. But what's shocking is that he can't even really be relied upon as a 2nd option for the Heat during the playoffs thus far, that I blame slightly on injuries. But it's not like he is injured, it's more like injuries have caught up with his age, and he needs a lot more time to recover (off-season). I think Danny Green will give him a lot of trouble in the FInals, and tbh, if Wade isn't getting atleast 18ppg, I don't see Heat beating SPurs.

LakersMaster24
05-31-2013, 01:38 AM
Wade relied A LOT on athleticism and his agility, speed. Now those skills are dwindling.

HYFR
05-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Lets not bring up the ppg cuz he aint getting 24-28 ppg anymore. He would have to be a #1 for that. He has to be applauded for handing the team over to lebron but it has hurt his game. He's still very efficient but he isn't " flash " anymore.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 01:43 AM
He's obviously not close to his prime 30ppg self. But what's shocking is that he can't even really be relied upon as a 2nd option for the Heat during the playoffs thus far, that I blame slightly on injuries. But it's not like he is injured, it's more like injuries have caught up with his age, and he needs a lot more time to recover (off-season). I think Danny Green will give him a lot of trouble in the FInals, and tbh, if Wade isn't getting atleast 18ppg, I don't see Heat beating SPurs.

He was injured a year ago too. This injury is not a minor one. I don't know how much longer Miami can win with Wade struggling. In the long run, Wade just isn't enough no matter how great LeBron is. In NBA, no one can carry a team single handily.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Lets not bring up the ppg cuz he aint getting 24-28 ppg anymore. He would have to be a #1 for that. He has to be applauded for handing the team over to lebron but it has hurt his game. He's still very efficient but he isn't " flash " anymore.

Well, considering he can't create his own shot anymore, that's why his points are down. His shots all come from the paint of easy passes and go-ahead turnovers. He can't cross you over and when that happens, he forces a terrible shot and whines for a call.

jerellh528
05-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Wade relied A LOT on athleticism and his agility, speed. Now those skills are dwindling.

Same with Lebron. That's why I expect his decline in 2 or 3 years as well. There's something about players who rely too much on physical attributes, they peak and decline quickly.

JC_
05-31-2013, 02:07 AM
Let's be honest.. The Pacers are making things look worse than they really are for Wade and Bosh. Hibbert won't let anyone near the basket and with him there the rest of the Pacer team can play further out to stop shooters. How many open shots have the Heat gotten this series? Wade is playing as if he's not feeling well but if this were a team with less of an inside presence, it wouldn't look so bad and Wade would probably not try and force so much.

Kashmir13579
05-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Same with Lebron. That's why I expect his decline in 2 or 3 years as well. There's something about players who rely too much on physical attributes, they peak and decline quickly.

Lebron is too clever and too good shooting the ball to have a steep decline.

TheNumber37
05-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Why would Wade retire. Surely'll play for as long as Lebron is on the Heat and then one or two at most after... so he'll retire in 2016 or 2017.

There is one thing for certain. Wade wants to WIN. And There's NO way he can put the team on his back to a title and I don't see Miami bringing in Melo, KD. Paul George, Or whatever future franchise player in 2 years to the Heat to get it done.

Lakersfan2483
05-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Simple, he's hurt and playing on one leg. He doesn't have the same explosiveness that he had prior to this injury. His first step isn't the same and he doesn't have a decided advantage over most of his opponents as he did in year's past.

Snapshot
05-31-2013, 02:40 AM

Athletic isolation players fall off quickly once the athleticism is gone (Wade, AI, T Mac, Arenas, Vince)...LB isnt an iso player and always scores with in the flow of the offense, it isnt like he's crossin up a ton of defenders or even blowing by em (he's just really fast in the open court tbh, not in a halfcourt set), he literally overpowers u to the cup, and that will be happenin for years to come.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2013, 02:48 AM
still think he's got somethin left in the tank, retirement certainly shouldn't even be an option.

but he's not nearly as explosive/quick as he once was, that's for sure.

SirSkyHook
05-31-2013, 03:07 AM
Wade is declining period. I actually think if lebron wasn't on the team it would have been more noticable the last three years.......... but as a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan treads like these are irritating.

I know I stated Lebron has hid Wades rapid decline, but Lebron is also the reason behind it. People like to point out his numbers and his advance stats, but what they don't see is that when he does everything for his team he creates an overreliance (if that's a word) for him to be great. They get use to not doing there jobs and when its time to perform he's mostly alone.

It was the case in cleveland and its proving to be the case now. I would be surprised if they won against San Antonio. I think this could be there last year of dominance.

My question Is what happens if they lose in the finals with the new CBS coming. Do they turn Cleveland of old and will he stay

SirSkyHook
05-31-2013, 03:11 AM
Auto. Correct suck!!! LOL

SirSkyHook
05-31-2013, 03:29 AM
The reason I said threads like these I hate as a Lakers is because when the lakers lose everyone says its kobes fault but when lebron loses its his team holding him back and people claming his greatness holds him to an lower standard. If lebron lost this year in the finals its would be his 3rd for his career but to many his 2pts 2rebs 2ast more again with his 4mvp awards ( one he stole from Durant in my opinion last year) still places him above Kobe.

jaji10
05-31-2013, 03:48 AM
wade plays reckless and that takes toll on his body.. lucky for him he got a teammate named lebron James!!

rex.reyesiii
05-31-2013, 03:55 AM
The reason I said threads like these I hate as a Lakers is because when the lakers lose everyone says its kobes fault but when lebron loses its his team holding him back and people claming his greatness holds him to an lower standard. If lebron lost this year in the finals its would be his 3rd for his career but to many his 2pts 2rebs 2ast more again with his 4mvp awards ( one he stole from Durant in my opinion last year) still places him above Kobe.

LOL what a creative way to make this thread about Lebron vs. Kobe...

*just kidding sir. ;)

shep33
05-31-2013, 04:00 AM
He's getting up there in age and mileage. If LBJ wasn't on Miami, it'd show a lot more. He needs to develop a jumper this offseason. Nothing crazy, but the problem is he's going to be 32 next January, and he hasn't developed one yet.

Still a great player, not saying he's horrible lol. But LBJ is on a different level, and he's carrying them even with Wade struggling.

shep33
05-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Defensively he's still a beast

jerellh528
05-31-2013, 04:15 AM
Defensively he's still a beast

I don't know why some people think this lol.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Wade is most effective with the ball, but because Lebron is the better player now, then Lebron is better with the ball and Wade is losing his quickness so hardly ever having the ball and losing quickness will do that. If Wade was the guy still he would still be dominate just not as much as Lebron.

I Rock Shaqs
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM

WHAT???!?!? I have never ever heard anybody say that, every time LeBron loses everybody blames him.

archdevil84
05-31-2013, 09:21 AM
i think he needs a big breakout game to get back in rhytm. he's struggling because of the injuries and needs to overcome that by having a big game with loads of layups and dunks. Defensively he's doing fine, offensively he needs to handle the ball more i think. he's a very effective passer and if he makes good passes and haslem and bosh are on their game with the jumpers it makes his path to the paint easier aswell.

ironkobe
05-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Who was the people that said wade was better then Kobe lol

ATX
05-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Wade is clearly not himself as he struggles with his injury...

However, it's not as if he's totaly non existent and shouldn't be out there. Defenses still have to account for him, and when they collapse he's finding the open man. He's managing to put up 14pts, 5rebs, 5assts, 2stls, 1blk a game this post season. His FG% has dipped from 52% in the regular season to 46% in the post season.

NYJ - NYY
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM

who gives a **** hes still one of the best sg of our era and didnt always have the help kobe did... kobe is awesome man just take his accomplishments and be proud he was on your team

blastmasta26
05-31-2013, 11:15 AM
I'll admit I was one of those people. And Wade was playing much better in the regular season, this playoff performance is largely due to his lingering injury. I definitely expect Wade to decline, and less gracefully than Kobe, but I don't think he just suddenly fell off.

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2013, 11:49 AM
WHAT???!?!? I have never ever heard anybody say that, every time LeBron loses everybody blames him.

I think he caught a lot of the blame for the Mavs series because of the whole situation. But the poster has some what of a point. When the Cavs would lose ppl would say he doesn't have a team despite them running through the league yr after yr and big performances in the PS.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 11:57 AM
The reason Kobe has done so well is because he's motivated to win. Wade doesn't seem like he cares much these days. It's as if taking the backseat to LeBron has unmotivated him. Wade has no jump shot. At best, it's below average. He relied on athleticism and constant drives that have endangered his body. Kobe relies on footwork and has many offensive weapons that Wade doesn't use. I also said Wade was better but it's clear he's finished for. Unimaginable that he was going against LeBron 4 years ago as 1a to 1b.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Let's be honest.. The Pacers are making things look worse than they really are for Wade and Bosh. Hibbert won't let anyone near the basket and with him there the rest of the Pacer team can play further out to stop shooters. How many open shots have the Heat gotten this series? Wade is playing as if he's not feeling well but if this were a team with less of an inside presence, it wouldn't look so bad and Wade would probably not try and force so much.

This may very well be the case, but I'm going to guess that it's not going to get any easier if they move on and face San Antonio in the Finals. SAS can easily replicate what the Pacers are doing, albeit probably not for a full 4 quarters. But then, they won't have to, because SAS can also run and score with the best of them, if necessary. Having Duncan in the post is just going to be a tremendous nightmare... much more so than Hibbz is presently.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 01:20 PM
This may very well be the case, but I'm going to guess that it's not going to get any easier if they move on and face San Antonio in the Finals. SAS can easily replicate what the Pacers are doing, albeit probably not for a full 4 quarters. But then, they won't have to, because SAS can also run and score with the best of them, if necessary. Having Duncan in the post is just going to be a tremendous nightmare... much more so than Hibbz is presently.

I honestly don't think Duncan can pose a bigger threat than Hibbert. LeBron will drive on Duncan, not Hibbert.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
still think he's got somethin left in the tank, retirement certainly shouldn't even be an option.

but he's not nearly as explosive/quick as he once was, that's for sure.

Agreed, way too soon for the retirement talk.

But Miami needs to start looking ahead and get younger talent coming off of the bench. We're at the point now where it's obvious that Wade has been injured more often than not. The Heat management will need to address that during the offseason. That's if they truly want to put together a dynasty that wins a handful of titles, and not just another one-hit wonder.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2013, 01:24 PM
I honestly don't think Duncan can pose a bigger threat than Hibbert. LeBron will drive on Duncan, not Hibbert.

I meant that Duncan offensively will create issues for the Heat. Defensively, the Big Fundamental will get the job done and get the benefit of calls and non-calls. Hibbert has more energy and power at this stage of the game, but overall Duncan brings sheer hell to the table in his own way.

smith&wesson
05-31-2013, 01:42 PM
IMO they should trade him.

Sly Guy
05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Man it sucks to see but he is def losing his athleticism. And he just cannot rely on his jump shot to be effective either so it's gonna look rough from here on out

this. It's harder for a guy like him too.
He's not a PG, so his 'floor generalship' is not what's gonna keep him on the floor.
His jumpshot has never been good enough to rely on it as a mainstay in his game.
He's only 6'4", so without the athleticism, he doesn't have the innate physical tools to be dominant.

All facets of his game are suffering, and unless he can reinvent himself as a solid positional defender, and clutch mid-long range shooter I don't see it ending well for him.

I actually fear for Russel Westbrook the same way after the injury this year. He's the kinda guy at the same kinda size as Wade who's skill set relies very heavily on his athleticism.

Bruno
05-31-2013, 02:24 PM
age, injury, and the failure to adapt his game to his declining body. his post-season PER has declined nearly nine full points since the 2011 post season.

Lim
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
D wade is done!!

sep11ie
05-31-2013, 07:57 PM
20/5/5/ next to LBJ and Bosh isn't so great. Nobody game plans for him anymore, or even worries about him anymore.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:33 PM
20/5/5/ next to LBJ and Bosh isn't so great. Nobody game plans for him anymore, or even worries about him anymore.

how so? career low in FGA and FTA, he doesn't get the touches he would need to score 25+, the guy got 21pts on 52% shooting and if you seriously think nobody game plans for him then your out of your mind.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 08:35 PM
his knee cap is taped to the side to help it from rubbing against his 3 bone bruises, he was pretty good this year coming off surgery on the other knee, and when he was fully healthy after the allstar break he was tearing it up big time before the bone bruises that he has now happened. he's hurt plain and simple, that's really all that needs to be said. he'll be back strong again next year.

ArmLaker
05-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Guys like Wade are great but are only temporary, get on Bryant's level buddy.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Guys like Wade are great but are only temporary, get on Bryant's level buddy.

wade's peak was better then kobe's. and when he's healthy hes better right now, i agree kobe's game ages better though and he's stayed relatively healthy.

ArmLaker
05-31-2013, 10:23 PM
wade's peak was better then kobe's. and when he's healthy hes better right now, i agree kobe's game ages better though and he's stayed relatively healthy.

Wade's peak? dude have you ever seen Kobe play? just curious because if you have, you wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement. This is why i despise PSD posters, especially bandwagon Miami supporters. Wade was never as great as Bryant barring the 06 run of course, otherwise he was always really a poor man's Bryant and we all know this. Kobe has been the best for over a decade now, why can't you just swallow that fact my man? I mean at least put your hate to one side for once. I mean what's next? "Pierce at his peak was 10x the player Kobe was"?????

Lim
05-31-2013, 11:51 PM
I BEEN Saying this for a WHILE now ppl!! hes DONEZO. the real issue is bosh. if bosh played half as good as he did in toronto they would 7 peat. guy is soft as hell.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Wade's peak? dude have you ever seen Kobe play? just curious because if you have, you wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement. This is why i despise PSD posters, especially bandwagon Miami supporters. Wade was never as great as Bryant barring the 06 run of course, otherwise he was always really a poor man's Bryant and we all know this. Kobe has been the best for over a decade now, why can't you just swallow that fact my man? I mean at least put your hate to one side for once. I mean what's next? "Pierce at his peak was 10x the player Kobe was"?????

Nah, you're mistaken. Wade in 2008-2009 was insane. Better than any season Kobe has ever had.

LongWayFromHome
05-31-2013, 11:55 PM
If Lebron was going to just carry a stinky team by himself he could have just stayed in Cleveland.

bucketss
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM

so you mean to tell me, wade in 2009 was a poor mans kobe?

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 12:56 AM

i'm sure the truth hurts...i'm no bandwagon fan, i've seen nearly every nba game wade has played, just look at the stats they'll back me up. kobe being the best for a decade is garbage, he might be collectively but he wasn't the best player in the league for more than 1 season if that. his consistent high level play (longevity) is what makes him great...

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Nah, you're mistaken. Wade in 2008-2009 was insane. Better than any season Kobe has ever had.

this, he also has the better finals performance with a much worse shaq...

ThunderousDemon
06-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Wade is done.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-01-2013, 01:33 AM
I remember the "Wade is better than Kobe" posts this year. :laugh2: I'm glad his game dropped, a dirty player like him deserves it.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I remember the "Wade is better than Kobe" posts this year. :laugh2: I'm glad his game dropped, a dirty player like him deserves it.

dropped cuz of injury. kobe is injured too.. he's still better when healthy...

kobe is dirty too but his fans won't admit it. it's the "will to win" when he does it lol.

Supreme LA
06-01-2013, 01:38 AM

kobe is dirty too but his fans won't admit it. it's the "will to win" when he does it lol.

You're like the ultimate homer hahaha

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-01-2013, 01:39 AM

An injured Kobe is better than a healthy Wade. Kobe has played with a dead index finger on his rand hand for years now.

Kobe is far from being dirty, but nice try.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 02:11 AM
You're like the ultimate homer hahaha

coming from one of kobe's ultimate homers i couldn't care less what you think...

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 02:12 AM
An injured Kobe is better than a healthy Wade. Kobe has played with a dead index finger on his rand hand for years now.

Kobe is far from being dirty, but nice try.

dream on...

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Wade is done.

How so?

Rivera
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
D wades 3rd quarter so far has been realllll bad like washed up bad it's real sad to see. He has 0 Confidence right now can't even make a layup

What's up dwade?

Hawkeye15
06-01-2013, 10:18 PM
he is hurt obviously, he is playing like a shell of himself.

nimzboy
06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Its time for wade to either: Hang it up after this year or next year or take a 10 million dollar paycut after next year. In an ideal situation, the heat should trade him for a center. If none of this happens, I think lebron will leave in 2014.

dodie53
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
i think he's injured

mrblisterdundee
06-01-2013, 11:47 PM
He won't talk about it. That's how you know it's bad.

Greedy22
06-02-2013, 01:06 AM
No Chris bosh thread? He's been absolute trash and just camps out on the 3 point line.

dodie53
06-02-2013, 01:09 AM
who's bosh?
hehe

Rivera
06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
No Chris bosh thread? He's been absolute trash and just camps out on the 3 point line.

To me Chris bosh is an entirely different case

He is getting physically man handled and he knows it which is effecting him mentally he wants to camp on offense cause he doesn't want to take more shots that's he's already getting in the defensive end

Bosh is just being abused physically and mentally and when he gets out this series it's not gonna be any easier for bosh if he has to guard Duncan

Greedy22
06-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Agreed on all that, but wade is definitely hurt right now. Even a few games back when he threw down that dunk it seemed to hurt him when he landed.

amos1er
06-02-2013, 02:07 AM
All that flopping has taken it's toll.

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Wade is not even injured, he is just hurt. He needs to man up. It's the ecfs game 7.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Wade is not even injured, he is just hurt. He needs to man up. It's the ecfs game 7.

thanks for the input doc...

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 05:17 PM
thanks for the input doc...

I'm not a medical doctor. But miami's teams doctor says wade is suffering from "soreness" in his leg. To me that does not equate to being injured, it's just being hurt.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm not a medical doctor. But miami's teams doctor says wade is suffering from "soreness" in his leg. To me that does not equate to being injured, it's just being hurt.

ya i'm sure the heat are disclosing the full extent of the injury :rolleyes:. spo also said that wades a warrior for playing through this and that if it were someone else they probably wouldn't be playing. it's obviously pretty bad, wade won't even talk about it when they ask. he's got his knee cap taped to the side to limit the rubbing on the 3 bone bruises, it's not just soreness i fully expect to hear of him having surgery on it when the playoffs end. he's basically playing on one leg out there and can't even do what he did last year when the other knee required surgery, you're just trying to downplay it because you don't like wade.

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
ya i'm sure the heat are disclosing the full extent of the injury :rolleyes:. spo also said that wades a warrior for playing through this and that if it were someone else they probably wouldn't be playing. it's obviously pretty bad, wade won't even talk about it when they ask. he's got his knee cap taped to the side to keep it from rubbing on the 3 bone bruises, it's not just soreness i fully expect to hear of him having surgery on it when the playoffs end. he's basically playing on one leg out there and can't even do what he did last year when the other knee required surgery, you're just trying to downplay it because you don't like wade.

You're right.

ManRam
06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
ya i'm sure the heat are disclosing the full extent of the injury :rolleyes:. spo also said that wades a warrior for playing through this and that if it were someone else they probably wouldn't be playing. it's obviously pretty bad, wade won't even talk about it when they ask. he's got his knee cap taped to the side to limit the rubbing on the 3 bone bruises, it's not just soreness i fully expect to hear of him having surgery on it when the playoffs end. he's basically playing on one leg out there and can't even do what he did last year when the other knee required surgery, you're just trying to downplay it because you don't like wade.

yeah. we don't know what's wrong with him, so bashing him right now might be premature.

"soreness" could very well be symptom of a legit injury. "soreness" itself might not be an "injury" in some people's eyes, but it certainly could be a debilitating symptom of something more serious.

i can't sit here and say he's not injured without knowing more.

archdevil84
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Paul Pierce right now > Lebron

cavsbigot
06-02-2013, 05:57 PM
He Needs to adjust his game

vintage wade doesnt work anymore

cavsbigot
06-02-2013, 05:59 PM
are u fkn serious Pierce is the definition of a declining star,
Lebron is carrying his team with 30 ppg in the conference finals
while paul pierce is doing nothing

BigCityofDreams
06-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know where the real d wade is? When is it appropriate to start asking where's wade and what's up with his play this post season

Is an injury really the source of Dwayne wade struggles? Is it not being able to get into a Rythm? Is it he's just not the athlete he was and his style of play caught up to him?

I have no doubts wade can come out game 6 and drop 30+ and he just gets crazy hot and talks to his hand like he has done in the past. But a breakout game shouldn't quiet what he has or hasn't done this postseason

Id been dying to get other peoples opinions on wade and his play this postseason and what you think wades problem is wether it's injuries or something else entirely

Also I'd figure it be more civil after a Miami win

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2yzbtlh.jpg

:facepalm:

ChicagoJ
06-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Unless one of Wade's injuries has permanently damaged something, I doubt he's done at age 31. I remember Dr. J saying that nba players are in their primes from ages 28-32. Not everyone agrees with that, but he's still young enough to have several good seasons. But, it does depend on how damaged his knees or something else is.

lakerboy
06-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Injuries happen to everybody in their 30s. Problem with Wade is that he never really adjusted his game like Kobe's or MJ's. He still relies too much on athleticism.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Tiger's doctor would perscribe playing around with more women

ElChinoLatino
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
What's up? Did you really he think he could rely on his athleticism for his whole career? He doesn't have the fundamentals to last in this league.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 11:11 AM
What's up? Did you really he think he could rely on his athleticism for his whole career? He doesn't have the fundamentals to last in this league.

Good point. A great example of a guy who adapted is Jason Kidd.

RaiderLakersA's
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I think tonight Wade is going to show up in a big way. Might be big way good, might be big way bad, but he's going to get his touches tonight. Same goes for Bosh.

Rivera
06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't want to hear about wades injury no more. He looked like he had a pep in his step the last 2 games

Sometimes i honestly feel like if wade plays bad he blames an injury and when he plays good he feels good. He doesn't come out and fully say its the injury but there's subliminals to me of him referencing the injury or at least that's how i feel

I don't want to hear anything about an injury from wade or about wade

He looked good the past two games athletically

I just don't know where wade was the 2nd half yesterday

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Wade has a lot of miles on him.

smith&wesson
06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
He looks scared to shoot. Hesitant to shoot.. People say he is injured and lost athleticism .. On D he gets up high enough to contest Duncan's shot so I don't buy it... Bosh and wade, something has happened to them. they look discouraged.

RaiderLakersA's
06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
It's always tough on players to defend a title. To play at that high level for back to back seasons after going deep into the playoffs each year. This will be the Heat's third year of playing in the bonus rounds, and the grind is definitely showing. This is where mental toughness matters. The team that pushes through it will get the trophy. I don't know if Wade has anything left, but he better dig for it. Otherwise, he'll never hear the end of it.

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
He looks scared to shoot. Hesitant to shoot.. People say he is injured and lost athleticism .. On D he gets up high enough to contest Duncan's shot so I don't buy it... Bosh and wade, something has happened to them. they look discouraged.

They feel little next to THE KING!

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 11:17 AM
It's funny how some Heat fans that are blaming Wade's bad play due to injury, are the same ones who said no excuses for Melo, even though he was playing with a torn labrum.

smith&wesson
06-07-2013, 11:42 AM
It's funny how some Heat fans that are blaming Wade's bad play due to injury, are the same ones who said no excuses for Melo, even though he was playing with a torn labrum.

What's even funnier is that he seems 100% healthy when playing defence.

smith&wesson
06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
They feel little next to THE KING!

"The king" went their for help.. But it looks like he simply adopted a new team to carry.. He ruined his image for nothing basically.

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Funny how some heat fans claimed wade has redeemed himself in that game 7 vs Indiana, now the same heat fans are crucifying him. I bet leflop didn't see this coming...having to carry Cavs 2.0.

sunnyice
06-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Funny how some heat fans claimed wade has redeemed himself in that game 7 vs Indiana, now the same heat fans are crucifying him. I bet leflop didn't see this coming...having to carry Cavs 2.0.

Why are kobe fans hating on lebron? Does he threaten you that much?

8kobe24
06-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Why are kobe fans hating on lebron? Does he threaten you that much?

Are you implying that I hate leflop because I call him leflop?

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 01:39 PM

I know. He looks absolutely fine on defense. I really don't think it's injuries, but WTF do I know.

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 01:40 PM
"The king" went their for help.. But it looks like he simply adopted a new team to carry.. He ruined his image for nothing basically.
Not saying it happens, but if he returns to Cleveland, do you think it would restore his image?

MDD
06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
It's just like when lebron was in Cleveland his teammates under major adversity feel the that with lebron being so dominating the room for error is so small for them wade now is included. When wade was the man he never hesitated to score but now with lebron being on the team and it becoming lebron team more so than his he struggles trying to find his game .

Shkelqim
06-07-2013, 03:11 PM
I love these topics, Wade understands he's under pressure watch him next year. Also you got to understand he's given LeBron total control. Wade is there 2 help. Trust me he's not done. Trust me

Shkelqim
06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Every Star has carried their team at some point, i can't understand these critics, it's why they got LeBron, id take Wade over anybody on the Cavs besides LeBron during Brons tenure there. I honestly think, Wade is playing laid back, his sense of urgency is on chill mode he knows they wont lose, seriously. Unless theyre down 3-0

bucketss
06-07-2013, 03:28 PM

true. we should just admit wade is declining, melo choked.

bucketss
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM

father time is catching up to him, i can't blame injury anymore dude gets up high for dunks.. also dudes jumper gets worse every year, wonder why he doesn't work on it?

phi2134
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
It's funny how some Heat fans that are blaming Wade's bad play due to injury, are the same ones who said no excuses for Melo, even though he was playing with a torn labia.

Fixed it for you..

Becks2307
06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
^^ you guys are ridiculous lol

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
true. we should just admit wade is declining, melo choked.

True. Choked on a big fat dick.

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Fixed it for you..

Hehe, clever.

kgformvp21
06-07-2013, 06:47 PM
He dosnt focus on the court. He always wines. He gets tapped barely on the court and will yell at the refs. And he always falls, even when it looks like he does not have too. Wades turned into a punk of sorts.

DiscoHayes
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I think he be okay he's being held back due to the knee. He played way better then manu last night that's for sure

Lim
06-08-2013, 09:33 PM
the past 2 games he seemed to have turned on a switch. I honestly think he is preserving his self as much as possible until the heat really need him. ala game 7 vs indy for example. Smart move by him honestly. he knows he is older and not as athletic so he coasts until he is needed.

Sym_
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
3 straight finals trips, two #1 seeds in a row and lebron has no help? :laugh::laugh:

Can we at least wait to see if the heat ACTUALLY lose this series?

Such fickle fans, it's embarrassing.

bucketss
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
im gonna question wades work ethic, how is jumper getting worse every year, theres no excuse for that maybe he just doesn't have that same love for the game.

bucketss
06-08-2013, 09:42 PM
3 straight finals trips, two #1 seeds in a row and lebron has no help? :laugh::laugh:

Can we at least wait to see if the heat ACTUALLY lose this series?

actually they were 2nd seed in 2012. bulls were first.

Sym_
06-08-2013, 09:43 PM
actually they were 2nd seed in 2012. bulls were first.

I thought the bulls were 1 seed in 2011?

bucketss
06-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I thought the bulls were 1 seed in 2011?

bulls were 1st 2011 and 2012