PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings agree to four-year deal with Mike Malone

hyphy king 88
05-30-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22328103/report-sacramento-kings-agree-to-fouryear-deal-with-mike-malone

Clippersfan86
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Already added this in the coach watch thread.

JerseyPalahniuk
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM

That's more for rumors. Not really "coach watching" when the deal has been already finalized...

Update from ESPN Article:

The Sacramento Kings have chosen Golden State Warriors assistant coach Mike Malone as their next coach, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

The two sides have agreed to a four-year deal worth more than $9 million, including a team option in the fourth season, according to the source.

An official announcement will come Friday after the Kings' sale to Vivek Ranadive closes.

NBA coaching sources maintain that Malone was the only coaching candidate considered by Ranadive, who became familiar with Malone as a Warriors minority owner.

A source close to the situation said legendary player and general manager Jerry West, now a consultant with the Warriors, has been counseling Ranadive through the hiring process. Ranadive is in the process of interviewing GM candidates, including Chris Wallace and Travis Schlenk.

JLynn943
05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
don't know much about him, but hopefully he can control Cousins and actually installs an offense unlike our last two coaches

Clippersfan86
05-30-2013, 11:16 PM
That's more for rumors. Not really "coach watching" when the deal has been already finalized...

Update from ESPN Article:

No it isn't. I've been adding hirings, firings and everything else. The point was so that we don't have 20 threads about coaching decisions or rumors considering there was like 7 vacancies. No big deal, just saying.

NeverSayNevur
05-30-2013, 11:37 PM

Can't wait for your "Clippers hire [name] for HC" thread.

Sadds The Gr8
05-30-2013, 11:45 PM
don't know much about him, but hopefully he can control Cousins and actually installs an offense unlike our last two coaches

I was hearing that he deserved alot of the credit for the x's/o's stuff for the Warriors. People were speaking really highly of him so I guess it's a good hire

DerekRE_3
05-31-2013, 12:10 AM
I was hearing that he deserved alot of the credit for the x's/o's stuff for the Warriors. People were speaking really highly of him so I guess it's a good hire

That's what I heard as well. Carl Landry said he's also good with the players and is well respected.

sacgiants1213
05-31-2013, 12:58 AM
The Reggie Theus, Kenny Natt (LOL), Paul Westphal and Keith Smart era is officially over. Thank you Vivek.

TrueFan420
05-31-2013, 03:39 AM
Don't know much about his offensive philosophy but dude can coach some defense