PDA

View Full Version : If the Heat can only choose 2/3..

Source
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
If in 2014 the Heat have to make a choice between re-signing only 2 of their 3 superstars, who would it be?

LeBron and Bosh would be the best choice, but would they let Wade walk after all he's done?

I'm not saying this situation will come, and I'm not asking if there's ways around it, just say what you think.

bucketss
05-30-2013, 04:34 PM
wade will be kept obviously he will come cheap since he doesn't even look like a top ten player anymore.

BALLER R
05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Bosh he ain't playing like a big man and it's one of the reasons this series is tied. Wade should be cheaper so it would be easier to keep him.

mngopher35
05-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Depends on the prices. With everything wade has done for them I don't see him leaving. The smart basketball decision would be to keep Lebron and Bosh if you could only keep 2.

D-Leethal
05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Honestly, if you took out Wade and let Ray Allen get the bulk of the minutes the Heat might be better than they already are now. They would just need to get a real point guard off the bench to run the offense and not shooters who play off Wade/LeBron. Wade is far from a prime fit next to LeBron which is a big reason his game suffers next to him. They do the same things on the court, Wade has a tough time figuring out how he can compliment LeBron in the halfcourt because he can't shoot and its tough to find slashing angles in the half court. LeBron and Bosh with a little more depth would be just as good.

Master Mind
05-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Keep LBJ, Wade resigns for less, and use Bosh's money for more pieces. Makes no sense to pay a guy handsomely for ugly numbers.

jerellh528
05-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Wades done, he has been done since his injury last year. And some people still think he's the top SG in the league, smh.
Anyways it would behoove Miami to resign lebron and bosh, but I feel that since wade is done lebron will know his time for winning rings with miami is done so he would probably bolt to another superstar ladened team and not resign.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-30-2013, 05:18 PM
If I were Lebron, I'd opt out for a new contract after next year. Not to leave, but just to sign a new max deal. Stupid for him not to.

If I was Bosh, I'd even maybe opt out as well, given he will be 30 at this point and it might be his last chance to get a long term deal. Get a new deal for 4 years maybe at 16-18 per year, maybe 4/70 after escalations. If he doesn't opt out, he gets 2/42 and would need to get at least 2/28 after that at the age of 32 to match what he would get if he opted out, which would be risky to try to do at that point.

If I was Wade, I maybe even opt out. He'll be 32 next summer and still have 2/41 owed to him. But the likelihood that he'll get another big-time contract at 34 is minimal. Might as well see if the Heat will show their loyalty next summer and give him a 4 year deal too, as long as it was at least 4/52, I'd think it'd be worth it to do opt out, as long as Riley gives him his word they'll do something like that.

odiz
05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Wade is still a great player, hes playing injured these playoffs. With that being said he doesnt compliment Lebron very well. Without Bosh the Heat have no scoring from their bigs. They would be a lot better with just Lebron and Bosh than with just Lebron and Wade.

Hardaway Here
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Honestly, if you took out Wade and let Ray Allen get the bulk of the minutes the Heat might be better than they already are now. They would just need to get a real point guard off the bench to run the offense and not shooters who play off Wade/LeBron. Wade is far from a prime fit next to LeBron which is a big reason his game suffers next to him. They do the same things on the court, Wade has a tough time figuring out how he can compliment LeBron in the halfcourt because he can't shoot and its tough to find slashing angles in the half court. LeBron and Bosh with a little more depth would be just as good.

Ray Allen is no where near the defender Wade is so saying they would be better if Allen ate up his minutes is just stupid

jerellh528
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Ray Allen is no where near the defender Wade is so saying they would be better if Allen ate up his minutes is just stupid

Wade isn't exactly a great defender. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to let Allen start at this point.

MarkieMark48
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
LeBron and Bosh

PurpleJesus
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Keep Lebron, dump the other two if they ask for max money. For the short term, I think Miami needs to get a real center in the offseason, and move Bosh back to PF. Bosh is a darn good player, but you need more beef down low.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
I'd keep Wade. People confuse "finished" with not healthy. He knows he's able to cruise because Lebron can carry the team. But take Lebron off the team do you really think Wade couldn't put up 30?

t_money25
05-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Wade isn't exactly a great defender. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to let Allen start at this point.

I respectfully disagree...Wade is a great defender even despite not being healthy. He's proven that over and over again. Allen isn't as good defensively as Wade and IMO that's the reason Wade still plays as many minutes as he does. The Heat feed off of defense. Being a defensive liability will keep you on the bench in Miami.

naps
05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Wade won't opt out. He's not dumb. He's gonna finish this contract till 2016 and then sign for less for his next contract. No one's leaving. I am sure Micky and Pat already figured it out how to keep them together.

naps
05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd keep Wade. People confuse "finished" with not healthy. He knows he's able to cruise because Lebron can carry the team. But take Lebron off the team do you really think Wade couldn't put up 30?

Exactly.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Keep Lebron, dump the other two if they ask for max money. For the short term, I think Miami needs to get a real center in the offseason, and move Bosh back to PF. Bosh is a darn good player, but you need more beef down low.

Same here (although I'd still give Bosh somewhat decent money for a big). If Indy pulls it out, IF, then basically the book is written on how to beat the Heat and other eastern conference teams will be stockpiling big men.

FreakaNashur
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Dwyane wade is heat for life

as long he is here, lebron stays

Sinattle
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

Hardaway Here
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM

People always seem to forget 2 things when it comes to Wade he is not 100% so they think he is done. Second he has openly stated and if people watch games they can clearly see that he picks his spots. He does not play the same way since LeBron got there. He changed his role. If LeBron is off that team Wade could easily put up 20-30+ pts a game being the main guy.

bucketss
05-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Exactly.

you really think wade can still average 30 Lol, i don't know about that.

ryang
05-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Start ray over wade? Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Tune in tonight. Gonna be fun

RiceOnTheRun
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Well then... what happened to all the "Lebron needs Wade to be Batman for his rings"?

I'm not saying either of them aren't great players, but it's just interesting to see how the general consensus has finally accepted LeBron as #1 on this team rather than him having to give it to Wade in the clutch.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
obviously if forced, Wade is the odd man out. He is older, less effective, and has an overlapping skillset with Bron. Wade has not played well this playoffs, and struggled for portions last year. While he had a great regular season, it was with dropping usage and 13 games off. I just don't think he is a player capable of carrying a team anymore, and financially, he doesn't make sense to retain if he is seeking a big deal and they want to keep Bron, and Bosh.

Minimal
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
To say the truth it seems if we replace current Wade with Mike Miller for starting lineup, Miami will play better.

ManRam
05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
lebron is the first priority
bosh is the second
wade is the third

but i can't see any of the latter two opting out.

JEDean89
05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
simply ask wade to take a big paycut, down to 10 mil a year and for bosh to take 15 a year and lebron 20. that's 45 mil, you could put a 10 mil dollar pg, a 10 million dollar center and a 5 million dollar 6th man and still be under the luxury tax. it's all about wade and bosh knowing that if they want to win more chips, they need to sacrifice. it's nearly impossible to build a complete team around 3 max contracts. If the Heat lose in the finals this year, then they will 1 of 3 and lebron will be 1 of 4. that would be a big knock if he is 1 of 4 in the finals and only won the chip in the lockout shortened year.

ryang
05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Wade will take a paycut. Bosh who knows. Probably considering he has said several times he never wants to go back to a situation like Toronto. That and what contender is going to give bosh the max? Lebron well who knows what he will do. Personally I don't see him leaving Miami and pat Riley for Cleveland and Gilbert. Lebron gets the max. Wade takes a huge paycut as well as bosh (bosh not as drastic).

JEDean89
05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
i do think bosh would be worth the max if he was playing with a top level pg. Chris Bosh on the Denver Nuggets would be so rowdy.

RiceOnTheRun
05-31-2013, 01:49 AM
But they already have a guy in Kenneth Faried. Not to mention both Koufos and McGee at Center. They'd have to send one or two of those guys back to the Heat if they wanna take Bosh. The minutes are spread out as is in Denver, Bosh isn't gonna want to go there to play 30 minutes a night.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 08:13 AM
If in 2014 the Heat have to make a choice between re-signing only 2 of their 3 superstars, who would it be?

LeBron and Bosh would be the best choice, but would they let Wade walk after all he's done?

I'm not saying this situation will come, and I'm not asking if there's ways around it, just say what you think.

Wade can come to the Bulls.

koreancabbage
05-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Wade can come to the Bulls.

have you watched him? he would be a financial ruin and basically the next Richard Hamilton for the bulls.

he doesn't even have the agility and has a lost a step. He can't even shoot.

I think that's a bad idea.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 11:49 AM
What are we talking about? James future or Miami's? In both cases, Miami needs to get rid of Bosh or Wade if they aren't providing the results. Win or no win this year, they won't be winning next year. Bosh and Wade have been too inconsistent these playoffs. It's sickening to even call them the big three. I don't care about Wade's injuries. It seems permanent at this point.

OceanSpray
05-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Wade to the Bulls? Wade isn't giving the lead to Rose because Rose hasn't proved anything.

NoahH
05-31-2013, 12:31 PM

No about the Ray Allen part he's a bench player at best right now, he's not playing well at all.

I agree they need a better PG and he isn't the best compliment possible to LeBron tho.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 05:05 PM
have you watched him? he would be a financial ruin and basically the next Richard Hamilton for the bulls.

he doesn't even have the agility and has a lost a step. He can't even shoot.

I think that's a bad idea.

Once he is allowed to play on the ball like he used to he would be back to normal.

Lord Leoshes
06-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Only people scared of the Heat are hopping they get rid of one of the big 3. It is only wishful thinking, that will not happen.

All they need to do is add someone of that Dalemberts quality.

Lets see how healthy Oden is this summer.

sep11ie
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I still find it laughable how heat fans stay how all we need to do is add....

Lord Leoshes
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
I still find it laughable how heat fans stay how all we need to do is add....

& I find it stupid that a team that is (DEAD LAST) in the league in rebounding would not use the word add.

Every team in the league each year in every team sports adds players.

If you are insecure for whatever reason then keep it to yourself.

still1ballin
06-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I would keep wade and of course level and then trade bosh for Kevin love

gotoHcarolina52
06-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I would keep wade and of course level and then trade bosh for Kevin love

Nah. KLove will be a Laker. We bout to trade Pau for him and Rubio. Work your magic, Mitch!

I tried it on the trade machine and it works so its gonna happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4n74ov

OaklandsFinest
06-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I would trade Bosh to either Phoenix or Charlotte.. Phoenix get Gortat and their first rounder you can turn n to Oladipo. With Charlotte take MKG and 2 first rounders, one this year and one next year. Allows you to retool with quality players around Lebron. Oladipo can be the next D Wade and Gortat gives you a legit big guy to either bring off the bench or start. MKG gives you a plus defender who has unbeatable work ethic and you can still draft either Oladipo or Noel this year, and have a pick of tons of talent next year whether it be Wiggins, Parker, Randle, or Smart.

KingPosey
06-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Lol it's funny how everyone gets hung up on stuff here. I have seen this exact same thread four times this week.

h2r09
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
What are we talking about? James future or Miami's? In both cases, Miami needs to get rid of Bosh or Wade if they aren't providing the results. Win or no win this year, they won't be winning next year. Bosh and Wade have been too inconsistent these playoffs. It's sickening to even call them the big three. I don't care about Wade's injuries. It seems permanent at this point.

Thats fairly stupid. Wade was great this year before he injured his knee toward the end of the year. Bosh was great this year as well with 56% shooting and being asked to play center which he isn't. He is also hurt.

They are both still great players and the heat will be the favorite next year regardless of if we win this hyear.

OaklandsFinest
06-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Chalmers/ Cole
Wade/ Oladipo
Lebron/ Battier
Haslem/ Andersen
Gortat/ Anthony

Chalmers/ Cole
Wade/ Oladipo/ Allen
Lebron/ MGK
Randle/ Haslem
Andersen/ Anthony

h2r09
06-01-2013, 06:50 PM
& I find it stupid that a team that is (DEAD LAST) in the league in rebounding would not use the word add.

Every team in the league each year in every team sports adds players.

If you are insecure for whatever reason then keep it to yourself.

We are not dead last in the league in rebounding. Not even close really.

h2r09
06-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Chalmers/ Cole
Wade/ Oladipo
Lebron/ Battier
Haslem/ Andersen
Gortat/ Anthony

Chalmers/ Cole
Wade/ Oladipo/ Allen
Lebron/ MGK
Randle/ Haslem
Andersen/ Anthony

Please stop. Please for the love of god stop.

ryang
06-01-2013, 07:29 PM
We are not dead last in the league in rebounding. Not even close really.

I believe we're 28th or 26th. So we're real close to dead last