PDA

View Full Version : Is ANYBODY Picking Indy for the Upset?

Tony_Starks
05-30-2013, 02:47 PM
From what Im reading Miami is pretty much in the Finals already. Just wondering is there anyone that is picking Indy to pull the upset? With the exception of game 3 they've played them really well.

Also for those picking Miami how shocked would you be if Indy did pull it off?

ManRam
05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I originally said "Indy in 7". I really think it's a 50/50 series right now.

the supporting cast after LeBron (37%) and Bosh (44.4%) aren't hitting threes. they're only hitting 4.6 a game on 14.5 tries (32%). allen has been the only plus shooter, and he's not even making 2 a game. the rest (chalmers, battier, miller) have been terrible. i outlined why i think this is what makes or breaks the heat in today's game thread. lebron is a given; he'll have a great game on both ends. but with wade and bosh not being 20 point scorers, that shooting becomes invaluable.

i give it a 50/50 shot :shrug: they just match up so well, and that's why it was always cute that fans of other EC teams thought their team gave the Heat the hardest match up. Indy is that team.

kozelkid
05-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Nope. Miami will win.

Fact is the NBA is quite predictable as far as the fact that the team with the best player usually wins. And in Miami's case, even with Wade's struggles, they still clearly have the two best players on the floor.

Quite rarely the opposite happens, and this isn't even cause of officiating or anything, it's just how the sport works unfortunately. Part of the reason why NBA playoffs are far more predictable and have significantly less parity than the other 3 sports.

Also, the poll options are incredibly obnoxious.

Jarvo
05-30-2013, 02:57 PM
IF Miami wins tonight they finish them off in 6.

bucketss
05-30-2013, 02:59 PM
i have a feeling indy wins tonight by a good margin, but everytime i have this feeling miami shuts my mouth.

ThunderousDemon
05-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Indy in 7 or Miami in 7.

50/50 like ManRam said.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I actually have a feeling Wade is about to come up big. He seems to pick his spots and is due for a breakout game or 2.

That being said I have Indy in 7. I'll take their size over MIAs' sharp shooters.

Hardaway Here
05-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Miami in 6 NBA needed a game for the weekend. I highly doubt this goes to 7

JLynn943
05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
As others have said, this series could easily go either way. It will likely mostly depend on Miami's 3 point shooting and the play of Hibbert.

ManRam
05-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Nope. Miami will win.

Fact is the NBA is quite predictable as far as the fact that the team with the best player usually wins. And in Miami's case, even with Wade's struggles, they still clearly have the two best players on the floor.

Quite rarely the opposite happens, and this isn't even cause of officiating or anything, it's just how the sport works unfortunately. Part of the reason why NBA playoffs are far more predictable and have significantly less parity than the other 3 sports.

You are right about it being predictable, but I'm just not sure it's THAT predictable. Usually it's the case, but Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Brook Lopez etc. all lost series in which they were the best player on the court. I'm not sure it's just that cut and dry. Indy does a lot of things that Miami can't handle. They could be a 2008 Celtics, 2004 Pistons, 2011 Mavs etc. who beat a team with an absolute superstar and top 3-5 player. They match up just so perfectly.

And the poll is indeed terrible.

D-Leethal
05-30-2013, 03:16 PM
I bet on them but I didn't think they would win, the return was just too good. I'd go more 65-35 towards Miami over 50-50 at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

ATX
05-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Miami's still got this.

mngopher35
05-30-2013, 03:28 PM
I think Miami wins in 7. That being said I wouldn't be completely shocked if Indy takes it. If Indy had home court I think there would be more people picking them.

KnickaBocka.44
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm rooting for them and hoping they do it, but they are going to have to win one in Miami and with their poor road record, I'm not sure I could pick them to do it.

Joe Batters
05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
This Bulls fan says MIA in 7. It's a 3 game series now and it'll be tough for any team to beat the Heat 2 outta 3 without HCA.

Snakeyestx
05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Shake the system! Shock the world! :cheer:

mp3
05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
If Indy doesn't win tonight its over. Must win for Indy but not for Miami.

macc
05-30-2013, 04:26 PM
I think Miami is going to win the next two games and end the series. Indy has proven to be no joke and they have been playing Miami great. They had the #1 defense in the leauge. In saying that the X factor for Miami is Wade. The guy is injured and it's showing. His explosiveness is just not there. He's being affective to a point but that's because he's so talented. If he was 100% Miami would most like of swept or at least been up 3-1 right now.

Indy does however do an excellent job closing out on Miamis 3 pt shooters. I don't see Battier or Allen getting those wide open looks that they have been accustomed to getting.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
If Indy wins, the 2013 Miami Heat will be the biggest failure in sports history, over taking the 2011 Miami Heat.

ATX
05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
If Indy wins, the 2013 Miami Heat will be the biggest failure in sports history, over taking the 2011 Miami Heat.

Just because your beating this dead horse to death even more doesn't make it true. The biggest failure I've seen lately is the 2013 Lakers scrapping on the last day of the season just to make the playoffs, only to get brutaly swept (sans Kobe, I know). Still Kobe, Howard, Gasol, Nash, Artest...I know you have a million and one excuses, but this was a disaster of a season for the Lakers. Besides, Miami ain't out of this by any means. Why do the Heat threaten your little world so much? The 2011 Heat losing in 6 games in the freaking Finals is FAR from being the biggest failure is all of SPORTS history as you so naively and immaturely claim. NOTHING you say should ever be taken with ANY gravity as you've proven yourself to be wholly incapable of being objective, ESPECIALLY when it comes to your OBSESSION with the HEAT.

dtmagnet
05-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Caps lock is the expressway to funtimes.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Just because your beating this dead horse to death even more doesn't make it true. The biggest failure I've seen lately is the 2013 Lakers scrapping on the last day of the season just to make the playoffs, only to get brutaly swept (sans Kobe, I know). Still Kobe, Howard, Gasol, Nash, Artest...I know you have a million and one excuses, but this was a disaster of a season for the Lakers. Besides, Miami ain't out of this by any means. Why do the Heat threaten your little world so much? The 2011 Heat losing in 6 games in the freaking Finals is FAR from being the biggest failure is all of SPORTS history as you so naively and immaturely claim. NOTHING you say should ever be taken with ANY gravity as you've proven yourself to be wholly incapable of being objective, ESPECIALLY when it comes to your OBSESSION with the HEAT.

Not to derail the thread but just had to say the starting lineup of Kobe, Nash, MWP, Gasol, and D12 played a grand total of like 8 games together last season. Just to be fair.

But back to the Heat don't think all Laker fans want to see the Heat fail. As a Laker fan it wouldn't bother me to see them win, but watching this series as well as how Indy played them during the regular season I think we're about to see a HUGE upset.

RowBTrice
05-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, I am.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-30-2013, 05:05 PM

Oh look, another butt hurt Heat fan. :yawn: Factor in what happened to us this year and were not even close to being a failure. Lebron and a top three team all time losing to one superstar and roles players was the biggest disaster in sports history. I guess you can blame Lebron for that one.

Ditka'sMustache
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
If the Heat win tonight I think it's Heat in 6. If Indy wins tonight it'll be 50/50 if Indy wins the series. Really wish they could have gotten that Game 1 ...

ATX
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Not to derail the thread but just had to say the starting lineup of Kobe, Nash, MWP, Gasol, and D12 played a grand total of like 8 games together last season. Just to be fair.

But back to the Heat don't think all Laker fans want to see the Heat fail. As a Laker fan it wouldn't bother me to see them win, but watching this series as well as how Indy played them during the regular season I think we're about to see a HUGE upset.

Your right, and I hate resorting to bashing the Lakers, when it's just that I'm trying to make Illusionist realize his glaring hypocrisies. Yourself, Shep, Avenged, Bruno, several others I respect whole heartedly...And I by no means hate the Lakers or any other team for that matter. I totaly get why they struggled this season, despite Kobe's stellar season...Again, my jabs not meant for the Laker faithful, rather as a way to try and help Illusionist and Amosler see their total BS when discussing the Heat. Though I absolutely "Should" realize there is no point talking to a brick wall.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-30-2013, 05:32 PM
If the pacers win today then they will upset the heat IMO if not heat in 6

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-30-2013, 05:36 PM

Only reason the lakers had a bad record was because they started off slow and injuries killed them if not I think they would've been representing the west right now.

kozelkid
05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
If Indy doesn't win tonight its over. Must win for Indy but not for Miami.

I was thinking the exact same thing. We've seen Miami coming up big before down in 3-2 in a series. I'm not convinced Indiana could overcome that amount of adversity against a team as good as Miami.

Na, 2013 Lakers have that award locked down for many years to come.

You are right about it being predictable, but I'm just not sure it's THAT predictable. Usually it's the case, but Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Brook Lopez etc. all lost series in which they were the best player on the court. I'm not sure it's just that cut and dry. Indy does a lot of things that Miami can't handle. They could be a 2008 Celtics, 2004 Pistons, 2011 Mavs etc. who beat a team with an absolute superstar and top 3-5 player. They match up just so perfectly.

And the poll is indeed terrible.

Hence why I said in most cases. ;)

That said, this is undoubtedly a sport where the probability of winning for the team with the best player is too high relative to the other sports, and to be frank, I hate that fact.

bucketss
05-30-2013, 06:05 PM

just remove your signature, dude.. scottie pippen really? than whos mike on miami?? i dare you to say wade.

Kyben36
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
I am and allways have been, the way the bulls were able to rattle Miami the Pacers can do it even better, the pacers have become what I would call a dirty team, not saying thats a bad thing as I miss those days in the nba. but I allways feared them for the bulls more than the heat.

ATX
05-30-2013, 06:17 PM
ATX is a terrible poster. Lebron and Wade can do no wrong is his eyes. I walk on by most of his posts.

You can think of me what you will. Your opinion of me or any Heat fan doesn't matter one bit. Why would we care what the absolute biggest homer/hater on PSD thinks...And saying LeBron and Dwyane can do no wrong in my eyes simply isn't true, though I know it must seem like it, because I defend them against the beyond ridiculous statements you conjure up. Just like Kobe can do no wrong to you, huh? You define the term hypocrite.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-30-2013, 06:28 PM
im just as bad, can you walk on from my posts starting now?
No way, where would I get my morning laugh from?

You can think of me what you will. Your opinion of me or any Heat fan doesn't matter one bit. Why would we care what the absolute biggest homer/hater on PSD thinks...And saying LeBron and Dwyane can do no wrong in my eyes simply isn't true, though I know it must seem like it, because I defend them against the beyond ridiculous statements you conjure up. Just like Kobe can do no wrong to you, huh? You define the term hypocrite.

You don't have to agree with me for something to be true. Kobe does a lot of wrong, just not very much this season. This is the season I came to this site, which makes it seem like I defend him a lot. He's the last person who deserves blame this season.

ATX
05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
No way, where would I get my morning laugh from?

You don't have to agree with me for something to be true. Kobe does a lot of wrong, just not very much this season. This is the season I came to this site, which makes it seem like I defend him a lot. He's the last person who deserves blame this season.

I never blamed Kobe for this season, as that would be foolish. He had a personal great season, but there is something to said for the lack of chemistry, though I feel Howard had a big part in that. I have no problem with you defending Kobe, and being a huge Laker fan. Your probably just as big of a fan of the Lakers as I am the Heat. I can see many reasons for the Lakers struggles this season, and even if I couldn't however, I would not spend countless hours bashing them as you do Miami. You can hate Miami all you want...It's the seeming obsession with talking ish about them that rubs me the wrong way. I defend them as I do, 1.) Because yes, Miami is my favorite team (Homer), but also 2.) Some of the stuff you say is so wrong I feel compelled to say something to dissuade such ridiculous accusations, as we all should discuss truth rather than fear fed illusions.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-30-2013, 08:00 PM
I never blamed Kobe for this season, as that would be foolish. He had a personal great season, but there is something to said for the lack of chemistry, though I feel Howard had a big part in that. I have no problem with you defending Kobe, and being a huge Laker fan. Your probably just as big of a fan of the Lakers as I am the Heat. I can see many reasons for the Lakers struggles this season, and even if I couldn't however, I would not spend countless hours bashing them as you do Miami. You can hate Miami all you want...It's the seeming obsession with talking ish about them that rubs me the wrong way. I defend them as I do, 1.) Because yes, Miami is my favorite team (Homer), but also 2.) Some of the stuff you say is so wrong I feel compelled to say something to dissuade such ridiculous accusations, as we all should discuss truth rather than fear fed illusions.

Well I hate the Heat for all the right reasons bro. What they did is a travesty and should be acknowledged. I wouldn't say some of the things I say if you guys would just see the other side of the story.

koberulesall
05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
are the pacers the better team? YES should they win if the games are called down the line? YES will the NBA and david stern let that happen? NO! you think they want a championship in INDIANA? the NBA wont let that happen after all the money they have invested in leBRO NO WAY!

koberulesall
05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
since there arent any realistic options to choose from i wont vote

bholly
05-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Hard to pick them with Miami having HCA, but they're def right there and have a great chance. A win wouldn't be a surprise at all.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Only been one game 7 this season and that was in round 1. Hopefully this goes 7.

bholly
05-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Only been one game 7 this season and that was in round 1. Hopefully this goes 7.

Indy will still be favourites at home, so you have to think a game 7 is more likely than not.

JordansBulls
05-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Indy will still be favourites at home, so you have to think a game 7 is more likely than not.

Would be good for the league if Indy could pull off the upset. Makes a small market team with no superstar in the finals knocking off defending champs in the process.

koreancabbage
05-31-2013, 09:15 AM
ATX is a terrible poster. Lebron and Wade can do no wrong is his eyes. I walk on by most of his posts.

i laughed when I saw who posted this.

LeperMessiah
05-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I had a feeling Indy would give miami a run for their money.

ATX
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
This has really been a great series. I would say the best series yet, though I enjoyed the Spurs/Warriors series as well. It could certainly go to a 7th game. Gotta give the Pacers a lot of credit for pushing Miami as they have. Still of course have Miami winning the series.

Tony_Starks
06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Pacers winning the series doesn't sound so preposterous now....

Vinny642
06-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I think they got a good chance to win game 7, the Heats weaknesses were exposed

Agent00
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't know why everyone is underestimating the pacers. I think if the pacers win it wouldn't be an upset. These teams are evenly matched. A defensive series but miami being home, hate to make excuses, but referees may have a huge role in this game.

Agent00
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
i agree. if the heat move on. It was made quite apparent what there weaknesses are and i'm sure tim duncan is watching the series in complete joy because he'll be dominating if so

jerellh528
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Win or lose, I doubt anybody from the east and get past the spurs this year.

c.c.
06-03-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm not a Heat fan but I'm assuming the Heat will win by double digits tomorrow.

Kevj77
06-03-2013, 02:06 AM
I don't know why everyone is underestimating the pacers. I think if the pacers win it wouldn't be an upset. These teams are evenly matched. A defensive series but miami being home, hate to make excuses, but referees may have a huge role in this game.Good point Indy is being underestimated. They played the Heat tough last year too. Homecooking helps a lot in a game 7. That's why you fight for HCA.

chitownredbulls
06-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Yep

amos1er
06-03-2013, 04:37 AM
I am picking Indy. I don't know what it is, but it's something about their team that I just love. I really hope they can do it. I know they are going up against insurmountable odds facing one of the most unfairly stacked teams in NBA history, but thorough sheer will and determination, I have always believed that anyone can accomplish anything. They surely have captured our imaginations and our hearts. I for one am jumping on the Pacers bandwagon. GO INDIANA!!! :clap:

devilsheat25
06-03-2013, 05:29 AM
Pacers will blow out the heat tomorrow.

archdevil84
06-03-2013, 06:47 AM
i realy hope not but i have a bad feeling that miami is not gonna play well tonight and lose the game by a close margin

jimm120
06-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Pacers have shown that they can force other teams play to their keel using their defense. They did so to the Knicks and now to the heat.

Should be a fun game. Getting myself a beer and enjoying it all.

jam
06-03-2013, 08:26 AM
No one can offer any better than a coin flip or a guess at this point. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

Indy's shown they can win @ mia. Mia's shown.....they have lebron. I don't expect bosh to be a huge factor. I expect hibbert and lebron to cancel each other out. So it could hinge upon wade's effectiveness or lack thereof.

A game 7 home court adv. has to count for something, so in theory, mia should have an edge. But Vogel is so damn good, it might not matter.

As I said, I won't have a pick until a minute before tipoff.... :)

ChitownSports16
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I did. Couple Heats fans thought this was gonna be easier then my Bu
lls lol which btw I haven't seen those clowns in here for a while..

tr3ymill3r
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm taking Indy by 13. Either way Spurs win in 5.

ziglur
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
From what Im reading Miami is pretty much in the Finals already. Just wondering is there anyone that is picking Indy to pull the upset? With the exception of game 3 they've played them really well.

Also for those picking Miami how shocked would you be if Indy did pull it off?

Sure lots of people will pick Indy. Im from there and I know better. After the game starts and they make all the money and get all the ratings they can get, they will let the game play out without concern for the fans. They have it planned for making money and getting ratings for the next series. Whatever makes them the most money in the next series is how they will make things work out.

JasonJohnHorn
06-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Just, as a fan of the game, and team ball in general, I'd like to see Indy and SAS. Nice big-men match ups, great team players, pass first mentality, solid defence.

I loved the Spurs/Pistons finals for the same reason, and the last few years I was really hoping for a Spurs/Celtics finals, but alas, I never got one. This would be the next best thing for me.

That said, LBJ is the most entertaining player in the league, so it's really a win-win, but I'd rather watch two teams play, than LBJ's highlight reel.

ElChinoLatino
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM

Nope, sorry the this year's Lakers have that title in the bag for the upcoming years.

HotMayo
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I picked Inidiana to win the NBA championship BEFORE the season started, and it hasn't changed. Pacers in 7.

ManningToTyree
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I can't pick against the best team with the best player at home in a game 7. It's just illogical.

With that said, I would be in no way shocked if Indy won. They are an awesome team and have given LeBron all he ca handle.

But with or without help from the rest of the big three, I can't see LeBron letting the upset happen. I think he goes off for close to 40 and nearly a triple double.

ThaDubs
06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Nope. Miami will win.

Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and David West are all better than Wade is right now.

ThaDubs
06-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I picked Inidiana to win the NBA championship BEFORE the season started, and it hasn't changed. Pacers in 7.

You also apparently think Royce White is better than Anthony Davis...

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Miami takes it. Stern can't afford to have a Pacers-Spurs NBA championship.

Tonight may be one of the worst officiated games in the history of the NBA.

jacquewho?
06-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Miami takes it. Stern can't afford to have a Pacers-Spurs NBA championship.

Tonight may be one of the worst officiated games in the history of the NBA.

And this series has already had poor reffing.

From a Pacers fan, I really want this. I will still be mad if we lose, but we've made it this far and I really don't want this run to end.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I'll say this if Miami wins it'll be the role players that finally came through. The stage is set for the Chalmers, Coles, Allen's, Millers of the world to get hot. They start knocking down 3's the whole game changes.

I don't think Lebron needs a huge game, maybe a big assist game, but he doesn't have to go for 40 +.

ChicagoJ
06-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Miami usually plays their best In games like this. The supporting cast will play well and the heat will probably win.

But Indy has a legit chance to win and I will be rooting for them. Historic series upset if they can get this game.

siix
06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
even tho i want the pacers win.. i have a feeling the heat are going to win double digits.

blastmasta26
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I really want Miami to lose, but I just don't think it will happen. Games have alternated all series long, and Miami has HCA. I also expect Wade and Bosh to step up.

RaiderLakersA's
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
The Heat will win. I wouldn't mind the upset for drama and excitement, but there is no way the Heat doesn't seal the deal tonight.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Heat have only lost back to back games once in all of 2013.

If the series continues its trend, Miami wins game 7. Also they are at home.

The refs will do everything they can to ensure the Heat win.

And let's not forget how LeBron plays in game 7s

Jetsguy
06-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I am probably in the minority but I kind of want the Heat to win (and am a Knicks fan). The reason is simply that I want to be "part" of greatness, if that makes sense? I am 32 so do remember watching MJ and it was special, Lebron is the same way. If in my basketball watching prime I get to see a guy who will go down as one of the greats win multiple rings while playing at a level many never see I will be happy.

I have no ties in Indiana or SA so that clearly helps.

xRipCity
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I am probably in the minority but I kind of want the Heat to win (and am a Knicks fan). The reason is simply that I want to be "part" of greatness, if that makes sense? I am 32 so do remember watching MJ and it was special, Lebron is the same way. If in my basketball watching prime I get to see a guy who will go down as one of the greats win multiple rings while playing at a level many never see I will be happy.

I agree with this. I am by no means a Heat fan but I think LeBron has gone through a bunch of crap in his career and he is the greatest I've ever seen (I never got to see Jordan in his prime) but I wish nothing but success for LeBron. Maybe not to be the GOAT but to win rings and fulfill his potential. Every night he steps out on the court he is by far the best player. At 6'8 he possesses great athleticism and an off the charts basketball IQ.

I remind my friends to cherish these times because he is in his prime and another LeBron James is one in 100 billion.

yankeeswin27
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Im picking them. Thatd be so awsome to watch the BIG 3:clap: go down again.

RaiderLakersA's
06-03-2013, 12:09 PM

I'm a bit older than you, so I'm coming at it from the other side of the coin. I've seen just about every g.o.a.t. and great across 3+ generations of basketball. LeBron has already proven that he belongs in the conversation as one of the top 50 players of all time. I won't get into how high or how low on the list he is. The point is, he's there, and he doesn't need to win any more championships to prove that he's worthy.

On the other hand, I do like seeing championship magic come to guys that never sniffed greatness. I like seeing new blood, new rivalries, new challengers to the throne finally seal the deal. That's what makes the NBA worth watching, in my opinion. This league stagnates when one team wins everything all of the time. It needs to have at least two teams in each conference battling it out every year. As a fan, I need the great rivalry.

But it's not truly a great rivalry until both teams win a series. Can the Pacers do that tonight and launch a true rivalry with the Heat that lasts the ages? I guess we'll find out tonight.

Heediot
06-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Why not cheery for Duncan then? he'll have 5 rings if he wins this year and probably catapults to top 5 all-time with a strong finals.

As much talent as the Heat have, I always believed they would be better with different talent structure. They are still a top team but not clear-cut like MJ's bulls, or other dynasties.

ewing
06-03-2013, 01:16 PM

do you see yourself getting worse as a spectator as you enter middle age?

DeyAce
06-03-2013, 01:44 PM
over/under fouls on hibbert in the 1st q. 2

Jetsguy
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
do you see yourself getting worse as a spectator as you enter middle age?

much worse like my dad lol. that dude thinks the guys from his hayday are untouchable. I will probably be telling my kids the stud of their generation would get torched by Lebron when they are my age.

SoFreshNsoClean
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Pacers are a 3 seed and caused Miami trouble last year. Why is everyone acting like the Pacers are Miluwakee? Indi is a deep well coached team and the fact this is a 7 game series suprises me none.

Jetsguy
06-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Why not cheery for Duncan then? he'll have 5 rings if he wins this year and probably catapults to top 5 all-time with a strong finals.

As much talent as the Heat have, I always believed they would be better with different talent structure. They are still a top team but not clear-cut like MJ's bulls, or other dynasties.

Its a fair point and I do like Duncan but it is not the same. Duncan I believe is roughly 20-10-3-2 and Lebron is roughly 28-8-8-1 (dont kill me for these I have not looked in some time.) He is 10 years younger than Duncan, if Lebron does close to this as a guard with similar efficiency to that of a PF it is no question who the greater player will be on all-time scale.

Duncan has played his entire career with a great cast while Lebron had nothing for the majority of his camparatively young career.

mekedubs
06-03-2013, 02:22 PM
over/under fouls on hibbert in the 1st q. 2

^^^^This. I was picking the Pacers until Hibbert opened his mouth.... Now he'll probably foul out in the first quarter! He'll pick up 2 quick ones, then before he can get to the bench he'll pick up another foul, then during the first timeout he'll pick up 3 more ESPECIALLY if Joey Crawford if refereeing the game.....

RaiderLakersA's
06-03-2013, 04:08 PM
^^^^This. I was picking the Pacers until Hibbert opened his mouth.... Now he'll probably foul out in the first quarter! He'll pick up 2 quick ones, then before he can get to the bench he'll pick up another foul, then during the first timeout he'll pick up 3 more ESPECIALLY if Joey Crawford if refereeing the game.....

I was thinking the same thing.

They say Hibbert had earned the ref's whistle on that play against LeBron in Indy. That Hibb's play had somehow vaulted him to the rare air and privilege of getting the "superstar call."

I don't think so. It's more like "home cooking" to me, where sometimes refs swallow their whistles in favor of the home team.

Refs have a funny way of balancing these things out, though. I'd be surprised if Hibbert has less than 2 fouls 5 minutes into the game in Miami.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2013, 05:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

They say Hibbert had earned the ref's whistle on that play against LeBron in Indy. That Hibb's play had somehow vaulted him to the rare air and privilege of getting the "superstar call."

I don't think so. It's more like "home cooking" to me, where sometimes refs swallow their whistles in favor of the home team.

Refs have a funny way of balancing these things out, though. I'd be surprised if Hibbert has less than 2 fouls 5 minutes into the game in Miami.

Hibbert talking reckless really threw me off. Up until then it seemed like his 20 and 10 was a given but now with all this "controversy" I have no idea how he'll play.