PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bobcats Interested In DeMarcus Cousins

spreadeagle
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers, Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks are three teams that have interest in trading for DeMarcus Cousins if the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings decide to part ways with their most valued asset, according to sources.

The Bobcats are motivated to turnaround their long rebuilding situation and would surely be willing to build a package for Cousins around the No. 4 pick.

Cousins would be 'Plan C' for the Mavericks if they are unable to sign either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard.

Cousins is entering the final season of his contract before reaching restricted free agency. via Chad Ford ESPN

3Blueforyou
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Well if there is anyone who DMC should at least respect and listen to it should be MJ. That kid has so much talent, yet the fact that he is a kid is the most talked about thing. I do think his time has run its course in Sacramento, parting ways at this point will be good for the organization.

akesh99
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Cousins, Kemba and MKG would make a nice core moving forward for Charlotte

STAT1
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I think Charlotte will be fine. It was the Bobcats name that was making them lose.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
He would make a nice duo with Kyrie in Cleveland.

b@llhog24
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Lol if he plays with Kyrie and figures it out, it's over.

YoungOne
05-29-2013, 04:30 PM
who isnt interested in acquiring him...?

Infamous916
05-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Another Cousins thread....

JLynn943
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Hoping he remains a King and that the new coach will get him under control. If the new GM brings in a respected veteran player or two, that could help.

slaker619
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Bobcats need him the most, but don't see them trading value & doubt kings wanna get rid of him

mjt20mik
05-29-2013, 04:43 PM
He needs Vets. Plain and simple.

kingkenny01
05-29-2013, 04:47 PM
the guy averaged 17 and 10 last year who wouldn't want that

cubs1st
05-29-2013, 04:50 PM

There is no way they can create a package for Cousins without either Kemba or MKG.

mdm692
05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
#1 overall pick for Cousins?

kingsdelez24
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Unless we got offered Kevin Love or better, then I'll say no every time

Avenged
05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
He needs to go to a team where there are veterans so he can mature as a player. Mavs would be a good solid choice for now. The potential to accomplish some good things might be in Cleveland though pairing with Kyrie.

True Sports Fan
05-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Too bad it will cost Kemba and MKG +

JEDean89
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
there aren't many teams with assets to acquire him. it would take a proven player + a lotto pick or maybe a top 2014 lotto pick (like charlottes) to get him. Cousins isn't going to be a dumbass forever.

I personally Think the Nuggets should make a move for him. They would have to somehow move McGee and Give up Wilson Chandler and Fournier but it would be worth it. those 3 for Cousins in a couple years Nuggs would rule the west.

HouRealCoach
05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Cleveland would be better off with drafting Noel, Mike Brown wouldn't catch Cousins' attention

Bobcats & Mavericks could benefit

kdspurman
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Lol if he plays with Kyrie and figures it out, it's over.

Pretty much. Talk about scary potential

akesh99
05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
There is no way they can create a package for Cousins without either Kemba or MKG.

You don't think something like Biyombo, Sessions, 4th for Cousins and Salmons could get it done?

KingstonHawke
05-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I think a Noel for Cousins swap makes all the sense in the world for both parties. The Cavs would get a true sidekick to team with Irving. Someone much better than any player in this years draft. And the Kings would save money (Cousins is in the last year of his rookie contract), get a player with a ton of upside in Noel, and pretty much save that locker room.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
You don't think something like Biyombo, Sessions, 4th for Cousins and Salmons could get it done?

Yea actually that might be enough. Or maybe Thompson instead of Salmons since Thompson has a worst contract.

akesh99
05-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Yea actually that might be enough. Or maybe Thompson instead of Salmons since Thompson has a worst contract.

I think Thompson has a ton of potential and would be a nice complement to Biyombo in the front court. Biyombo and Patterson would be way too undersized. Thompson gives them decent size up front with the ability to spread the floor while Biyombo can man the paint.

Swarley91
05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Too bad it will cost Kemba and MKG +

Lulz, k dude. Charlotte could definitely get it done packaging Biyombo, the 4th, and taking back a bad contract.

Jarvo
05-29-2013, 10:08 PM
DMC & Kyrie!

king4day
05-29-2013, 10:23 PM
If Sacramento said they'd accept MKG and their #4 pick for Cousins, Charlotte really has to do it (assuming he'll sign an extension). Cousins is just a complete monster and if he keeps his head on straight, he'll be a top 3 big man in the league.
That's a guy you build around.

king4day
05-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Lulz, k dude. Charlotte could definitely get it done packaging Biyombo, the 4th, and taking back a bad contract.

If that was enough to get it done, Charlotte wouldn't blink before pulling the trigger. It's just not enough IMO.

NBA_Starter
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't like the idea of it and it may be for only one season.

superwill
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
i cant remember what did the kings give up to get C Webb just wondering

Arch Stanton
05-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Maybe they can get Love and DMC?

smith&wesson
05-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Cousins is a beast .. Everyone in the league should try to get him ...

sep11ie
05-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Dallas? WTF can they offer?

naps
05-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Cleveland can actually make it very interesting. If the build an offer around that #1 pick it would be hard for the Kings to turn down. They have enough assets to add with that pick if needed.

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Cleveland is nuts. They would poision Irving with DMC?? DMC needs to go play for a veteran club that wont take his BS like Memphis, SA, CHI or Boston

sep11ie
05-30-2013, 12:23 AM
Cleveland is nuts. They would poision Irving with DMC?? DMC needs to go play for a veteran club that wont take his BS like Memphis, SA, CHI or Boston

Boston is not gonna be a veteran club much longer and Memphis is the last team that needs him

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Boston is not gonna be a veteran club much longer and Memphis is the last team that needs him

Very true about Boston but Doc Rivers and Rondo aren't going anywhere and they wont put up with his BS neither will the media in that town. ZBO is getting long in the tooth DMC would be a nice replacement for him if they keep Hollins.

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 12:36 AM
He needs to go to a team where there are veterans so he can mature as a player. Mavs would be a good solid choice for now. The potential to accomplish some good things might be in Cleveland though pairing with Kyrie.
Spurs would be a fantastic fit. Duncan and pop would teach him the right way to do things

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Spurs would be a fantastic fit. Duncan and pop would teach him the right way to do things

Tiago Splitter and Danny Green for DMC!!

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Tiago Splitter and Danny Green for DMC!!

Spurs would have to come up with a much better package than that

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Maybe splitter, Leonard and a first rounder cause its late one.

odiz
05-30-2013, 12:57 AM
How exactly do the Mavs plan on getting him? They have literally no young desirable players and they have the 13th pick.

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 01:06 AM
How exactly do the Mavs plan on getting him? They have literally no young desirable players and they have the 13th pick.

Mark Cuban is arrogant and thinks people are just going to give away good players to him and great players are going to take less money to play for him.

LongWayFromHome
05-30-2013, 01:15 AM
As a Mavs fan I will take him 100000 times over Howard or Bynum or anybody else "available" not named Chris Paul this summer.

LongWayFromHome
05-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Mark Cuban is arrogant and thinks people are just going to give away good players to him and great players are going to take less money to play for him.

Too bad the Maloofs won't own the team anymore because they do just give away good players.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Very true about Boston but Doc Rivers and Rondo aren't going anywhere and they wont put up with his BS neither will the media in that town. ZBO is getting long in the tooth DMC would be a nice replacement for him if they keep Hollins.

Rondo is a problem himself sometimes and if we did trade for Cousins, Rondo would be going to SAC.

Lake_Show2416
05-30-2013, 02:12 AM
With discipline DaMarcus Cousins can before a top 3 center in the league, would be a great addition wit Kyrie

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 02:28 AM
Rondo is a problem himself sometimes and if we did trade for Cousins, Rondo would be going to SAC.

That would make no sense for Boston then. Rondo bumps heads with the Big-3 but his competitiveness is unmatched except for KG on that team.

JLynn943
05-30-2013, 02:41 AM

Not a chance. Throwing in Sessions doesn't change a thing either.

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 02:49 AM
I'm not sure the big deal over DMC. The guy puts up nice numbers on a terrible team, is a proven loser, uncoachable and has serious maturity and mental issues. He has the brain of Stephon Marbury in a 7 footers body.

texanmonstra011
05-30-2013, 03:45 AM
I'm not sure the big deal over DMC. The guy puts up nice numbers on a terrible team, is a proven loser, uncoachable and has serious maturity and mental issues. He has the brain of Stephon Marbury in a 7 footers body.

sounds like you've been sucked into the false media coverage that has blown Cousins's character way out of proportion. Does he have maturity issues? Yes. But that's about it. He's not a proven lose and is often times the ONLY guy on a losing kings team that plays with any heart or passion. He doesn't have mental issues, that was just a comment made by OJ Mayo (funny out of all people, Mayo who has his own problems, says that). Also, Cousins is known to be a great character guy off the floor, in the locker room, around the team etc. Everyone says he's always laughing and making jokes and messing around, so it's always good to have those type of guys on your team. He does have maturity issues on the court, but that's because he acts dumb when he gets frustrated after losing so much. His on court issues aren't as bad as people think. They're nothing a good coach, solid veterans, and a winning foundation can't fix. There's a reason why a lot of teams are interested in Cousins. They feel they can offer those things that will help Cousins succeed. You need to know what you're talking about instead of letting the media's false reporting talk for you.

ottograham14
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
sounds like you've been sucked into the false media coverage that has blown Cousins's character way out of proportion. Does he have maturity issues? Yes. But that's about it. He's not a proven lose and is often times the ONLY guy on a losing kings team that plays with any heart or passion. He doesn't have mental issues, that was just a comment made by OJ Mayo (funny out of all people, Mayo who has his own problems, says that). Also, Cousins is known to be a great character guy off the floor, in the locker room, around the team etc. Everyone says he's always laughing and making jokes and messing around, so it's always good to have those type of guys on your team. He does have maturity issues on the court, but that's because he acts dumb when he gets frustrated after losing so much. His on court issues aren't as bad as people think. They're nothing a good coach, solid veterans, and a winning foundation can't fix. There's a reason why a lot of teams are interested in Cousins. They feel they can offer those things that will help Cousins succeed. You need to know what you're talking about instead of letting the media's false reporting talk for you.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/13/demarcus-cousins-suspended-donte-greene-fight-sacramento-kings-nba/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2012/12/22/sacramento-kings-suspend-demarcus-cousins-indefinitely/1786651/

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/sacramento-kings/2012/1/15/2708495/kings-vs-mavericks-demarcus-cousins-locker-room-argument

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6119830

There is just 4 incidents of him I found with being an awful teammate and distraction. I don't know what great source you have to say this kid is everything you did in your comment but the fact that you are calling out other posters for following multiple National reports about this kid being a cancer is ridiculous. I guess you are apart of the Kings organization though and all the information from the past 2 years about the kid is false. Good job.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
That would make no sense for Boston then. Rondo bumps heads with the Big-3 but his competitiveness is unmatched except for KG on that team.

I think it makes a lot of sense. Trade Rondo for Cousins. Then do the Pierce + Bradley for Gordon deal. Rekindle the KG for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe talks. Trade Jordan to a C needy team for bench pieces.

Bledsoe
Gordon
Green
Bass
Cousins

Bam

Too bad I'm dreaming.

D-Leethal
05-30-2013, 11:34 AM

He has best-bigman-in-the-game potential. The right coach can turn him into that in my book. Nobody has his combination of size, strength and skills.

JLynn943
05-30-2013, 11:47 AM

You'd get it if you watched him more and/or he was on the Nets. He's worth the effort. It's just that, up to this point, the Kings haven't done what's necessary to help him get past this stage. Hopefully with the new owners comes a coach who can handle him and a GM who will put some veterans around him.

tapajafri
06-07-2013, 03:51 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/13/demarcus-cousins-suspended-donte-greene-fight-sacramento-kings-nba/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2012/12/22/sacramento-kings-suspend-demarcus-cousins-indefinitely/1786651/

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/sacramento-kings/2012/1/15/2708495/kings-vs-mavericks-demarcus-cousins-locker-room-argument

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6119830

There is just 4 incidents of him I found with being an awful teammate and distraction. I don't know what great source you have to say this kid is everything you did in your comment but the fact that you are calling out other posters for following multiple National reports about this kid being a cancer is ridiculous. I guess you are apart of the Kings organization though and all the information from the past 2 years about the kid is false. Good job.

Coming from someone who lives in Sacramento and has season tickets to the Kings, I gotta side with texanmonstra. Look, Cousins certainly has some maturing to do, but I think the poster's point was that the national media is blowing these things way out of proportion and the problem is fans get sucked into that false overblown reporting. Looks like the same happened to you. By admitting how you believe national media reports, you are admitting to being one of the many people fooled by the overblown national media reports. Cousins has some maturing to do, but he was playing for two bad head coaches. As a Kings fan, it's very evident that Cousins wasn't the only player frustrated with the coaching. They just handled it better than he did. But for the most part, Cousins really has been a guy that teammates like hanging around, he's always active in the community with charity work, etc. You got fooled by overblown media reports, just like how texanmonstra pointed out about other fans and TO AN EXTENT, many PARTS of those reports from the past two years are indeed false. Good job.

c.c.
06-07-2013, 08:32 AM
It would be fun to watch him on the Cavs or Bobcats, I like seeing lotto teams turn into playoff teams

JAZZNC
06-07-2013, 09:22 AM
the guy averaged 17 and 10 last year who wouldn't want that

Have you seen how ******** this guy is? There are a ton of teams that wouldn't touch him with 100ft pole. He's a friggin' nut job.

GottaLoveCubs
06-07-2013, 09:48 AM
It would be fun to watch him on the Cavs or Bobcats, I like seeing lotto teams turn into playoff teams

I hope he doesn't go to the Bobcats. I would love to see him on the Cavs though.

JAZZNC
06-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Coming from someone who lives in Sacramento and has season tickets to the Kings, I gotta side with texanmonstra. Look, Cousins certainly has some maturing to do, but I think the poster's point was that the national media is blowing these things way out of proportion and the problem is fans get sucked into that false overblown reporting. Looks like the same happened to you. By admitting how you believe national media reports, you are admitting to being one of the many people fooled by the overblown national media reports. Cousins has some maturing to do, but he was playing for two bad head coaches. As a Kings fan, it's very evident that Cousins wasn't the only player frustrated with the coaching. They just handled it better than he did. But for the most part, Cousins really has been a guy that teammates like hanging around, he's always active in the community with charity work, etc. You got fooled by overblown media reports, just like how texanmonstra pointed out about other fans and TO AN EXTENT, many PARTS of those reports from the past two years are indeed false. Good job.

He has more than "maturing" to do. Say it's the media all you want, the media didn't send his big *** home on multiple occasions. There was nothing overblown about that. Name one decent player on a good team EVER who has had these kinds of issues come up over and over again?

smith&wesson
06-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Irving and Cousins :drool:

MDD
06-07-2013, 02:29 PM
We forget in order for these teams to get cousins they would have to give up good players on their teams to get him so bobcats would have to give up MKG , Kemba and picks . The Cavs would Have to give up Waiters , Thompson picks or Irving and thee Mavs have no chance they nothing anybody wants .

Sactown
06-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Vivek said he's keeping DMC! Sorry peeps!

kenzo400
06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
If I was the Kings GM, I would trade away that whole team for next years lottery picks. If you have 4-5 lottery picks, then there is a good chance you will be in a position to draft Wiggins. That team is really badly built and needs a complete overhaul.

king4day
06-07-2013, 04:20 PM
If I was the Kings GM, I would trade away that whole team for next years lottery picks. If you have 4-5 lottery picks, then there is a good chance you will be in a position to draft Wiggins. That team is really badly built and needs a complete overhaul.

Only Cousins would be worth the lottery pick. Patterson is good and you might find a team that's borderline playoffs to give up a protected lotto pick for him (late at best). But I just don't see who else would be worth that much in a deep draft.

king4day
06-07-2013, 04:22 PM
We forget in order for these teams to get cousins they would have to give up good players on their teams to get him so bobcats would have to give up MKG , Kemba and picks . The Cavs would Have to give up Waiters , Thompson picks or Irving and thee Mavs have no chance they nothing anybody wants .

I may be the only one but if the Kings were willing to accept MKG and this years 1st, the 'Cats would really need to consider it. A franchise player for 2 guys who you don't know what their future holds.

chitownredbulls
06-07-2013, 04:22 PM

It's a good thing you aren't the kings gm....the team is a losing team and yes they need to make changes but to trade everyone? Haha....you're funny....they need to keep Cousins no matter what....build around this big man...he will be the best center in the league in time....

chitownredbulls
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I may be the only one but if the Kings were willing to accept MKG and this years 1st, the 'Cats would really need to consider it. A franchise player for 2 guys who you don't know what their future holds.

That's really a dumb trade for the kings...another perimeter player who can't shoot and a pick? Lol....if, and I mean if they trade cousins they better be getting a big man in return.....

king4day
06-07-2013, 05:05 PM
That's really a dumb trade for the kings...another perimeter player who can't shoot and a pick? Lol....if, and I mean if they trade cousins they better be getting a big man in return.....

Well first of all, thank you for the compliment.

Second, I said "IF" they were willing to. I never said 'they should jump at this. Kings would be dumb to trade their cornerstone. He's the guy they need to build around.

Third, Charlotte has 0 big men so if that was a demand of the Kings in any trade for Cousins, it would quickly eliminate the Bobcats :)

kenzo400
06-07-2013, 05:13 PM
It's a good thing you aren't the kings gm....the team is a losing team and yes they need to make changes but to trade everyone? Haha....you're funny....they need to keep Cousins no matter what....build around this big man...he will be the best center in the league in time....

Yeah, it's working so well for them right now. I bet this team will be amazing in 10 years! lol

kenzo400
06-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Only Cousins would be worth the lottery pick. Patterson is good and you might find a team that's borderline playoffs to give up a protected lotto pick for him (late at best). But I just don't see who else would be worth that much in a deep draft.

Good point. Maybe they can give up Thompson and someone else for a late lotto pick. Either way 3 picks (2 high lotto)= very good chance of getting number 1

SlimKid
06-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Didn't the new Kings brass already declare that DMC is not going anywhere?

Arch Stanton
06-08-2013, 01:21 AM
The Kings aren't trading DMC for a top pick in this years draft. And, the Cavs aren't interested in trading for him (although they should) as he doesn't fit their philosophy. TT, Waiters, and #1 is too much. Maybe #1, #19, and Zeller.