PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic Want Eric Bledsoe For Aaron Afflalo

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Chad Ford just reported this on ESPN Insider. Magic have been pursuing Bledsoe for a while to add to their young core. Magic are completely willing to take on Caron Butler's expiring contract. Apparently the Magic aren't big on Trey Burke or other PG's in the draft.

I'm an Afflalo fan but Bledsoe seems a steep price to play for a tapped out SG. Magic fans is Afflalo any good nowadays?

sep11ie
05-29-2013, 01:26 PM
You really don't watch much basketball, do you?

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Not watching much lotto team Orlando Magic now means I dont watch basketball? I watch 82 plus Clippers games a year and most playoff games. I watched Afflalo a lot in Denver, not as much recently which is why I asked for info on his recent play.

Stay douche though.

Twins Fanatic
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
If I were the Clippers, I would do it. His shooting was down last year, but would go back up with the amount of open looks he'd see in LA; I think he's a solid defender too.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Good point Twins. Blake.and CP. would make it easy on him

JLynn943
05-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Afflalo had a pretty bad year if I remember correctly. A quick check of his PER puts him below league average.

Even if he'd be a good role player, the Clippers could do better with Bledsoe I think.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-29-2013, 01:40 PM
If LA brings back CP3, I'd do it. If CP3 walks, you can't afford to give away bledsoe. Outside of just 1 bad year last year, Affalo is a solid player.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 01:41 PM
I think it makes sense for both teams.

Afflalo is a really nice 3rd or 4th option, and does a little bit of everything. He was forced into a role in Orlando that he couldn't fill. He's not a #1 option and that's kinda what he had to be a lot of the time. Playing alongside Paul and Griffin I think he'd thrive. Smart, efficient, solid defender, unselfish.

He's not "tapped out". He's only 27.

5ass
05-29-2013, 01:44 PM
He was mostly our first option on offense, and it showed hes not that type of player. He's a 3rd option on a contender, and a great one. He's perfect for the Clippers, for sure a better fit than Bledsoe.

Avenged
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Eh.. I think Bledsoe has more upside on both ends of the court.

*Superman*
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
If LA brings back CP3, I'd do it. If CP3 walks, you can't afford to give away bledsoe. Outside of just 1 bad year last year, Affalo is a solid player.

This. They're basically wasting talent on the bench. AA would be a great upgrade for them.

It's like when the magic had Dwight and Gortat, he became a nice trade asset they need to do the same.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Eh.. I think Bledsoe has more upside on both ends of the court.

I wouldn't disagree, but what's more important for the Clips right now: having a good young PG backing up the league's best PG, or having a solid SF playing starter's minutes?

SF was EASILY their least productive position last year. It's the easiest way for them to improve, and they have to improve it. They can find a PG to back up Paul on the FA market that will produce at a fine level.

And yes. This obviously all hinges on Paul staying.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Great info so far. As for tapped out Afflalo is what he is IMO despite being just 27. Doubt he's going to improve much. Although with a contender with less weight to carry his efficiency will obviously rise. I agree as a 3rd option he should be great. Didn't realize he was the first option, thought it was more by committee this year in Orlando.

kozelkid
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Afflalo had a pretty bad year if I remember correctly. A quick check of his PER puts him below league average.

Even if he'd be a good role player, the Clippers could do better with Bledsoe I yhink.

He's an example of a player whose PER doesn't do him justice. Whether clips can get more for Bledsoe is up for debate, but Afflalo gives them a very good third option and makes them that much better.

I think it's a reasonable deal. :shrug:

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
I prefer Afflalo at SG Ram. He's undersized at SF like Iggy.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Great info so far. As for tapped out Afflalo is what he is IMO despite being just 27. Doubt he's going to improve much. Although with a contender with less weight to carry his efficiency will obviously rise. I agree as a 3rd option he should be great. Didn't realize he was the first option, thought it was more by committee this year in Orlando.

Well yeah, he might not get better. But he can be a 15-3-3 player with solid scoring efficiency and defense as a third option. Getting that is a huge upgrade over what they got form the position last year. I mean, his last year in Denver he was 15-3-2 shooting 47%/40%/80%. That's solid. And that contribution probably is more valuable than the 20 minutes Bledsoe gives you. You can replace Bledsoe's role last year pretty easily with an affordable FA. Even a guy like Udrih who won't command much at all.

In theory the first option in Orlando would have been a committee for us, but he lead the team in minutes, field goal attempts, points etc. His role increased a lot as the season went on, especially when Davis went down and Redick was traded. Nelson missed like 25 games too. He really was relied on to score more than he should have been.

Even if he is more of a 2 (he probably is), it's not like LAC got good production there either. He's an upgrade over the guys they threw out there to start games.

Burgo
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
It's a fair deal, assuming CP returns. It's either that or lose Bledsoe for less or nothing down the line when demands a ticket out after playing the handful of minutes that CP doesn't play.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Well yeah, he might not get better. But he can be a 15-3-3 player with solid scoring efficiency and defense as a third option. Getting that is a huge upgrade over what they got form the position last year. I mean, his last year in Denver he was 15-3-2 shooting 47%/40%/80%. That's solid. And that contribution probably is more valuable than the 20 minutes Bledsoe gives you. You can replace Bledsoe's role last year pretty easily with an affordable FA. Even a guy like Udrih who won't command much at all.

In theory the first option in Orlando would have been a committee for us, but he lead the team in minutes, field goal attempts, points etc. His role increased a lot as the season went on, especially when Davis went down and Redick was traded. Nelson missed like 25 games too. He really was relied on to score more than he should have been.

Even if he is more of a 2 (he probably is), it's not like LAC got good production there either. He's an upgrade over the guys they threw out there to start games.

I agree for value to the actual team+fit Afflalo>>>>>>>Bledsoe for us. Actually our SG believe it or not was equally as bad.. so no matter what he's an upgrade. My concern is his down year in efficiency last year and his 8 mill a year. It's worth it if he is a long term solution though. I'm tired of a bunch of 1 year mercenaries. We need to lock up a CORE right now to build around.

I appreciate your insight and knowledge about this, thanks. I just think Orlando should be forced to throw something in for this. THEY are the ones getting the high upside, cheap young player and cap relief. Not to mention Bledsoe is an incredible piece and fit next to other defensive minded young core in Harkless, Vujevic and Harris etc. For the last two years I've honestly felt Bledsoe would end up in a Magic jersey.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
It's a fair deal, assuming CP returns. It's either that or lose Bledsoe for less or nothing down the line when demands a ticket out after playing the handful of minutes that CP doesn't play.

It's not that dire. The main reason Clippers fans and the organization wants a trade sooner than later is because we BADLY need help at SG/SF. In terms of Bledsoe's situation though he's actually not a free agent till NEXT summer and even then he's restricted. So no scenario where we lose him for nothing.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Ill admit, I live in LA but dont watch much Clippers basketball. Is Eric Bledsoe really this good? Teams have been coveting him for a while but what I see is a very strong, athletic combo guard who cant really shoot and really has a lot to build on to live up to this hype of him. Am i wrong?

Sadds The Gr8
05-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Clippers should easily do this...

Kuya_Clive
05-29-2013, 02:42 PM
I like Afflalo. I had him on my fantasy team for most of the season before his season ending hammy strain. He's really a third option that had to be the first due to injury, kinda like Deng did for the Bulls during the first half of the season. He's a solid scorer and good defender, but is capable of putting up 20+ if need be.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Ill admit, I live in LA but dont watch much Clippers basketball. Is Eric Bledsoe really this good? Teams have been coveting him for a while but what I see is a very strong, athletic combo guard who cant really shoot and really has a lot to build on to live up to this hype of him. Am i wrong?

A return of Afflalo doesn't mean he's a superstar or something. He put up 14 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 bpg in the 12 games he started while CP3 was down. His PER 36 numbers have been top notch for a bench player all year. He's basically a Kyle Lowry Lite type right now (worse offense, much better D).. but with more experience, good coaching and the right fit he's going to be a starter for years to come. Second half of the season he slumped because Vinny reduced his minutes and he wasn't the same after returning from a badly bruised hip.

He's coveted because he's a very unique, high impact player. When he comes into games... he just changes the entire complexity of games. Multiple guards have flat out come out and talked about how they hate playing against him. Steve Nash specifically said on a pregame show how Bledsoe is every point guards nightmare on D. He's as strong as a SF, EXTREMELY physical, fast as a mofo and loves hitting people. The guy is just annoying on D and teams love those kind of scrappy guys. He's the one guy that I know for a fact the Memphis Grizzlies dread playing and respect a ton on our team.

Like others have said he's basically a PG version of Tony Allen but with more upside.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-29-2013, 02:49 PM
A return of Afflalo doesn't mean he's a superstar or something. He put up 14 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 bpg in the 12 games he started while CP3 was down. His PER 36 numbers have been top notch for a bench player all year. He's basically a Kyle Lowry Lite type right now (worse offense, much better D).. but with more experience, good coaching and the right fit he's going to be a starter for years to come. Second half of the season he slumped because Vinny reduced his minutes and he wasn't the same after returning from a badly bruised hip.

Okay, gotcha thanks. Yea he seems like hes got a lot of potential and could definitely be a starter in this league for years to come. If cp3 does come back though I would definitely look to trade him as the Clippers might be doing

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Okay, gotcha thanks. Yea he seems like hes got a lot of potential and could definitely be a starter in this league for years to come. If cp3 does come back though I would definitely look to trade him as the Clippers might be doing

Yea it doesn't make sense to keep him due to CP3. He's a great 6th man type for us even with CP3 but... will probably get offered 7-10 mill a year by some teams and we don't want to pay him that much. Best trade him now when he's cheaper and on his rookie deal.

Can somebody post this please?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=8664

It's relevant and saying why this doesn't make sense from the Clippers perspective. Basically saying it's lopsided favoring Orlando.

DoMeFavors
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Not a good trade for LAC, seems like Orlando with their horrible assets think they can grab a nice pg like Bledsoe

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Looks like the Magic want to open up a spot at SG so they can take McLemore and get their PG at the same time. The problem with this, like others have said, is the Clippers won't know if CP3 is coming back yet by the draft, which is when I assume this trade would go down if it were to happen, so they may want to hold onto Bledsoe.

5ass
05-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Yea it doesn't make sense to keep him due to CP3. He's a great 6th man type for us even with CP3 but... will probably get offered 7-10 mill a year by some teams and we don't want to pay him that much. Best trade him now when he's cheaper and on his rookie deal.

Can somebody post this please?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=8664

It's relevant and saying why this doesn't make sense from the Clippers perspective. Basically saying it's lopsided favoring Orlando.

It probably is favoring Orlando, but honestly i dont see orlando throwing in any young talent. Harkless, Vuc, Harris, and the 2nd pick are untouchable IMO. Not for a guy like Bledsoe. The only thing i can think of is adding Andrew Nicholson to back up Blake Griffin, and i probably wouldnt do that.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:06 PM
It probably is favoring Orlando, but honestly i dont see orlando throwing in any young talent. Harkless, Vuc, Harris, and the 2nd pick are untouchable IMO. Not for a guy like Bledsoe. The only thing i can think of is adding Andrew Nicholson to back up Blake Griffin, and i probably wouldnt do that.

You think Harris and Nicholson are off limits?? How good do you think they are? I understand Harkless and Vujevic because they have proven they have a great game with great upside but not those two.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
It's not that dire. The main reason Clippers fans and the organization wants a trade sooner than later is because we BADLY need help at SG/SF. In terms of Bledsoe's situation though he's actually not a free agent till NEXT summer and even then he's restricted. So no scenario where we lose him for nothing.

If someone offers him something like a 4 year $40 mil deal the Clippers won't match that for a backup PG, and yes then you will lose him for nothing.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:11 PM
If someone offers him something like a 4 year $40 mil deal the Clippers won't match that for a backup PG, and yes then you will lose him for nothing.

Clippers would likely sign and trade him at that point. Bottom line is they have 100 percent control over the destiny of Bledsoe. Either trade this summer (most likely), trade by next deadline, keep him and bite the bullet, or sign and trade him.

5ass
You think Harris and Nicholson are off limits?? How good do you think they are? I understand Harkless and Vujevic because they have proven they have a great game with great upside but not those two.

Harris has proven to be a good scorer for us. He averaged 17-8 for us per game last year. I definitely wouldn't add him to the deal.
I never said Nicholson is offlimits, but i do think he will be a very good back up.

Rivera
Omg orlando please pull this off and draft ben maclemore pleaseeeeeeeeee

rocket
05-29-2013, 03:12 PM
If Trey Burke slides down to 8

:drool:

wordup45
05-29-2013, 03:12 PM
I used to be jealous of Aaron Afflalo. I used to be jealous of Aaron Afflalo, he was the one to follow.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Harris has proven to be a good scorer for us. He averaged 17-8 for us per game last year. I definitely wouldn't add him to the deal.
I never said Nicholson is offlimits, but i do think he will be a very good back up.

In just 20 games and on 15 shot attempts per game. I think it was more a case of him having the green light, which most NBA players can thrive with. I didn't get to watch him much though (or the Magic) so I'll take your word on the impact side of it. Wasn't he signed as a free agent by you guys? I know the Bucks or w/e drafted Harris.

tp13baby
05-29-2013, 03:17 PM
If CP stays, the clips have to accept this deal. Afflalo is one of those guys who has always been underrated. Get him on a winning team, you wont see numbers like last season from him. He adds leadership too.

waveycrockett
05-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Short term its ok for the Clips but Bledsoe has some nice potential. I think Clips can do better

5ass
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
In just 20 games and on 15 shot attempts per game. I think it was more a case of him having the green light, which most NBA players can thrive with. I didn't get to watch him much though (or the Magic) so I'll take your word on the impact side of it. Wasn't he signed as a free agent by you guys? I know the Bucks or w/e drafted Harris.

we got him from the Bucks in the JJ Redick deal. He's not very efficient yet, but he's obviously skilled offensively. He's probably the best scorer on the team.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
we got him from the Bucks in the JJ Redick deal. He's not very efficient yet, but he's obviously skilled offensively. He's probably the best scorer on the team.

Wow didn't remember that. You guys made out nicely.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 03:30 PM

we traded redick for harris. it's his second year in the nba, and those 20 games (assume you mean 20 games started) were his first real playing time of his career.

yes, the sample size was small, and sure, only 17.3 points on 14.7 shots. but remember - that was really his first time ever getting big minutes. i'd argue actually that scoring that many points on that many shots isn't bad at all for a young player getting his first licks. it's more points per shot than guys like JR, klay thompson, josh smith, joe johnson, monta ellis, rudy gay, jrue holiday and so on. it's better than a lot of today's best scorers in their first seasons getting big minutes.

i really like tobias myself. i loved the trade when it happened, and love it even more now. he's got nice size, a great motor and work ethic, and his defense impressed me too. dude average 8.5 rebounds a game as well (in orlando) with 1.5 blocks and a steal. that's a pretty good player right there.

i'd rather have harris than bledsoe going forward :hide:

i don't think harris is untouchable, but i'd imagine they value him quite a bit.

Rivera
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I loved Harris too I thought he played real well for his first time getting big PT

Please do this Orlando and get macklemore

Bledsoe
Maclemore
Harris
Harkless
Vucevic

Yessir. I'm down

Or get massive injuries and tank for wiggins

MagicBucsSox
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I swear , LAC will make Orlando take on DeAndre Jordan's deal with Bledsoe

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
I think Tobias may have more value for the simple fact that VERY few teams need a PG and many need SF's. I personally wasn't saying we can get Harris, I guess I just didn't realize how good he was.

5ass
05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
we traded redick for harris. it's his second year in the nba, and those 20 games (assume you mean 20 games started) were his first real playing time of his career.

yes, the sample size was small, and sure, only 17.3 points on 14.7 shots. but remember - that was really his first time ever getting big minutes. i'd argue actually that scoring that many points on that many shots isn't bad at all for a young player getting his first licks. it's more points per shot than guys like JR, klay thompson, josh smith, joe johnson, monta ellis, rudy gay, jrue holiday and so on. it's better than a lot of today's best scorers in their first seasons getting big minutes.

i really like tobias myself. i loved the trade when it happened, and love it even more now. he's got nice size, a great motor and work ethic, and his defense impressed me too. dude average 8.5 rebounds a game as well (in orlando) with 1.5 blocks and a steal. that's a pretty good player right there.

i'd rather have harris than bledsoe going forward :hide:

i don't think harris is untouchable, but i'd imagine they value him quite a bit.

Me too. Bledsoe really isnt all that good. He's not a guy that can run the offense or score. I think he will end up being more of a SG or combo guard off the bench than a full time PG.

MagicBucsSox
05-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I loved Harris too I thought he played real well for his first time getting big PT

Please do this Orlando and get macklemore

Bledsoe
Maclemore
Harris
Harkless
Vucevic

Yessir. I'm down

Or get massive injuries and tank for wiggins

Lol McLemore spelled wrong two ways wrong in the same post

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Me too. Bledsoe really isnt all that good. He's not a guy that can run the offense or score. I think he will end up being more of a SG or combo guard off the bench than a full time PG.

You have your small sample size of Harris starting we have ours of Bledsoe starting.

14 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 rpg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 bpg. PER of 17.5, higher WS/48.

vs

17 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 bpg, 1 spg. PER of 17.

Point is.. it's unfair to act like Harris is out of Bledsoe's league. Bledsoe's stats prior to injury were MUCH greater too. His PER was 20+ for the first half of the season. Not to mention Bledsoe's a superior defender. It's true he's not a floor general right now and never may be... but he does add good value to a team.

KnickaBocka.44
05-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Seems like a good deal to me. Afflalo is better than his offensive numbers from last year make him look. He fits much better on a competitive team.

5ass
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
You have your small sample size of Harris starting we have ours of Bledsoe starting.

14 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 rpg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 bpg. PER of 17.5, higher WS/48.

vs

17 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 bpg, 1 spg. PER of 17.

Point is.. it's unfair to act like Harris is out of Bledsoe's league. Bledsoe's stats prior to injury were MUCH greater too. His PER was 20+ for the first half of the season. Not to mention Bledsoe's a superior defender. It's true he's not a floor general right now and never may be... but he does add good value to a team.

I never did.

IversonIsKrazy
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Afflalo is dope, but I think Bledsoe has a lot more upside. And VDN is gone, any other coach would be playing Bledsoe a LOT more. I wouldn't do the trade if I was LAC

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
I never did.

When you say "I honestly don't even think Bledsoe is that good" while following it up with how good Harris is... it seemed that way. Anyways, not trying to be confrontational just want it to stay as fair as possible. When people start degrading the other teams asset in trade talk it sometimes derails the thread.

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA

MagicBucsSox
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM

He's not good? You've never ever seen him at the helm.

2-ONE-5
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
if im Orlando id rather pursue Reggie Jackson, i think theres more upside there to be honest. I dont think Bledose can run an offense. Not to say Bledsoe would be a bad move espcially in comparison to this draft class.

Rivera
05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Lol McLemore spelled wrong two ways wrong in the same post

Congrats you win the Internet

5ass
05-29-2013, 04:03 PM
When you say "I honestly don't even think Bledsoe is that good" while following it up with how good Harris is... it seemed that way. Anyways, not trying to be confrontational just want it to stay as fair as possible. When people start degrading the other teams asset in trade talk it sometimes derails the thread.

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA

but you just agreed with me that he might never be a good floor general. He's also obviously not a great shooter or passer. I love Bledsoe, and have been posting about him in the magic forum since last year and he does impact the game, but for him to be a good starter at the PG position for a championship, he needs to have one of his teammates run the offense and he should continue to improve his shot. Anyway, what about bledsoe+butler for granger? would you rather have afflalo or granger?

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Clippers would likely sign and trade him at that point. Bottom line is they have 100 percent control over the destiny of Bledsoe. Either trade this summer (most likely), trade by next deadline, keep him and bite the bullet, or sign and trade him.

Not necessarily. Unless that team is over the cap, they will have no incentive to do a sign-and-trade and give up players when they can just sign him outright. That's why the Clips need to trade him before next year or risk losing him for nothing.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
but you just agreed with me that he might never be a good floor general. He's also obviously not a great shooter or passer. I love Bledsoe, and have been posting about him in the magic forum since last year and he does impact the game, but for him to be a good starter at the PG position for a championship, he needs to have one of his teammates run the offense and he should continue to improve his shot. Anyway, what about bledsoe+butler for granger? would you rather have afflalo or granger?

I DON'T think Bledsoe is 100 percent ready to run a team full time offensively but like you mentioned if you pair him with ball handling wings, he does just fine. The thing is he can't be ball dominant where he handles the ball 90 percent of the time. If you guys draft a SG who loves to handle the ball and play some PG it would work well. Although if you look at Kentucky and HS scouting reports they all note his natural playmaking ability and passing skills so it's obvious he's capable. Some of his passes amaze me as much as CP3's best passes, thing is his role isn't to make plays as much as it is to attack for us.

Thing is since you're also a fan of Bledsoe right now.. we have to remember how far he's come. I remember his rookie year the kid couldn't dribble the ball up the court without bouncing it off his foot or throwing it into an opponents hands. His playmaking, ballhandling have come SO far since his rookie year it's ridiculous. Now he's one of the few guys on our team I trust to dribble the ball consistently.

I agree 100 percent that to become a bonafide league starter the shot has to improve and it HAS. TS% up 5 percent over last year and he put up 44.5/40/80 which is VERY respectable for a player who's biggest weakness is his offense. The two areas he needs to keep improving is shooting and overall decision making. His defense, rebounding and intangibles are off the charts.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:14 PM
It's hard to keep Bledsoe off the floor because of his "big play" ability. Whenever the team needs huge momentum changing plays.. he brings them. I can't tell you how many times he turned the tides of games... and that's saying a lot considering the guy he was sending to the bench was CP3 usually.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
if im Orlando id rather pursue Reggie Jackson, i think theres more upside there to be honest. I dont think Bledose can run an offense. Not to say Bledsoe would be a bad move espcially in comparison to this draft class.

i'm sure the magic are doing their due diligence.

i think he'd be a good fit in OKC too if Martin bolts. a nice compliment to Thabo, and even Durant. but who knows.

bledsoe is a much better passer than i think jackson will ever be. not sure how you're defining "running an offense". i think jackson has better scoring upside, however.

i'm not in love with either honestly, but both are young and that's what the magic need. neither will be star PGs, but they're players a team like orlando should be moving their older/more expensive guys for. so i'm all for it.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree 100 percent that to become a bonafide league starter the shot has to improve and it HAS. TS% up 5 percent over last year and he put up 44.5/40/80 which is VERY respectable for a player who's biggest weakness is his offense. The two areas he needs to keep improving is shooting and overall decision making. His defense, rebounding and intangibles are off the charts.

Didn't realize that. 40% from 3 is quite good for a guy who supposedly "can't shoot."

Chronz
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
I was hoping Bledsoe would be worth more but if this is the best we can get, I see no problem with it. Its a gamble like any other, it really depends on AA. His days in Denver were numbered because he saw himself as more of a scorer than they wanted. I would rather have the AA that focused on being a 3-D role player who can attack defenses that close too hard.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Didn't realize that. 40% from 3 is quite good for a guy who supposedly "can't shoot."

It's only on less than 1 attempt per game but he's never been a high volume 3 point shooter and the number is a big jump over his previous two years. 27 and 20 percent the two previous years in similar attempts per game. Another thing is that number was actually like 42-43 percent until the last month and a half or so when he got injured and sharply declined till season end.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:30 PM
I was hoping Bledsoe would be worth more but if this is the best we can get, I see no problem with it. Its a gamble like any other, it really depends on AA. His days in Denver were numbered because he saw himself as more of a scorer than they wanted. I would rather have the AA that focused on being a 3-D role player who can attack defenses that close too hard.

That's just it... I'm not sure it is the best. The follow up Insider article said the Mavs would likely be willing to part with 13 pick+Crowder for Bledsoe which is probably a better deal. I do think this deal is at least good enough for both sides to consider and discuss though. My biggest concern on Afflalo is the 8 mill a year for 3-4 more years. Butler expires next summer for example.

Chronz
05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Thats the better deal? What could we get with the pick to make it worth it?

My biggest concern is Bledsoe putting it together and making us regret the decision but thats prolly a longshot. Time to cash in on this investment.

ManRam
05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
That's just it... I'm not sure it is the best. The follow up Insider article said the Mavs would likely be willing to part with 13 pick+Crowder for Bledsoe which is probably a better deal. I do think this deal is at least good enough for both sides to consider and discuss though. My biggest concern on Afflalo is the 8 mill a year for 3-4 more years. Butler expires next summer for example.

yeah, those are very different packages, and i can see why one might think crowder + 13th overall is more attractive (though, I don't think crowder will ever amount to anything worthwhile offensively). though i doubt it.

there's probably no reason to be in too much of a rush either. paul isn't old. blake isn't old. jordan isn't old. but afflalo makes them better next year for sure, the dallas package doesn't help right away, but could down the road...or might not ever (depending on how those two unknowns pan out).

i doubt orlando offers up another valuable piece, but who knows. i'm sure the clippers will be super patient and test all the waters.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:47 PM
yeah, those are very different packages, and i can see why one might think crowder + 13th overall is more attractive (though, I don't think crowder will ever amount to anything worthwhile offensively). though i doubt it.

there's probably no reason to be in too much of a rush either. paul isn't old. blake isn't old. jordan isn't old. but afflalo makes them better next year for sure, the dallas package doesn't help right away, but could down the road...or might not ever (depending on how those two unknowns pan out).

i doubt orlando offers up another valuable piece, but who knows. i'm sure the clippers will be super patient and test all the waters.

For sure. The thing working against the Clippers is that 25 teams or so already have real good PG's starting. That leaves the Hornets, Magic, Jazz, Bucks, Kings as pretty much the only teams who either could stand to upgrade at PG or want to upgrade at PG. All of these teams outside of the Bucks have talked to the Clippers about Bledsoe. I say the Bucks because of the Jennings drama, they may be in need of a PG soon.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Thats the better deal? What could we get with the pick to make it worth it?

My biggest concern is Bledsoe putting it together and making us regret the decision but thats prolly a longshot. Time to cash in on this investment.

Yea on the Clippers forum I made a thread about this very scenario other day. I also am worried about the idea that we may trade him and under a better system... the kid blows up into a star. Like you said it's not "likely" but it's also feasible.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 04:53 PM
My favorite trade idea would be Gordon Hayward for Eric Bledsoe. Both teams fix a glaring weakness.. and the Jazz actually have very capable wings on the bench like Burks/Evans who could step right in for Hayward. Not sure how much the Jazz value Hayward though.

8kobe24
05-29-2013, 05:03 PM

Definitely a gamble for the clippers. Bledsoe is the backup plan in case cp3 gets hurt...

Cracka2HI!
05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey a popular rumor has made it mainstream! It does seem to make sense. I think Afflalo could be a GREAT addition for the Clipps...or he could be just another guy. As for the value...I think the Clippers could do better or could do worse.

RLundi
05-29-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd do it.

I'm not as sold on Bledsoe as I was earlier in the season, but I don't see a future here with Afflalo and he's really better-suited on a contender. Same with Big Baby.

I like Bledsoe but I'm more stoked about potentially getting rid of AA. That paves the way to draft and start McLemore.

Method28
05-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Hey a popular rumor has made it mainstream! It does seem to make sense. I think Afflalo could be a GREAT addition for the Clipps...or he could be just another guy. As for the value...I think the Clippers could do better or could do worse.

Lol soooo you said a lot of nothing there lol

Personally I'd want more back than this for Bledsoe

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Rlundi you're not as sold because Bledsoe got injured and it hurt him the last 2 months of the season.

*Superman*
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm wondering what else the Magic would have to offer after AA. Nicholson? A pick?

Most I'd want to give up is a 2nd rounder.

RLundi
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Rlundi you're not as sold because Bledsoe got injured and it hurt him the last 2 months of the season.

No it's not that. I think the unknown always intrigues you more. Now that I've seen Bledsoe more, I can see his flaws. He's not a great passer and he's tiny. We haven't had a big PG with decent passing abilities in forever.

I know he can score, defend and is as athletic as they come, and ManRam will disagree with me, but I'm not too thrilled about Bledsoe's combo guard mentality. That being said, I'm excited to see what he could bring to the table and I'd do the AA deal in a heartbeat.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Yea on the Clippers forum I made a thread about this very scenario other day. I also am worried about the idea that we may trade him and under a better system... the kid blows up into a star. Like you said it's not "likely" but it's also feasible.

Yea, but even if he becomes a star, its unlikely he will be better than CP3, so CP3 is the way to go and Bledsoe should be moved because he will never realize his full potential with the Clips.

RLundi
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering what else the Magic would have to offer after AA. Nicholson? A pick?

Most I'd want to give up is a 2nd rounder.

I wouldn't mind giving up Nicholson, who I still think can be a Jeff Green-type player.

But not a draft pick, even if it's a second-rounder. Moving forward, draft picks will be too valuable.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
He's tiny? He's 6'1 205 with a 6'8 wingspan and the same standing reach as Kobe. I've seen him overpower PF's in the paint.. Trust me size isn't the issue for him. He has no trouble guarding big SG's either. His passing is above average in terms of the actual skill. Where he struggles is the decision making aspect of it.

Of course he has flaws though. He was forced to play SG in college and as a Clipper he's been purely a bench player/combo guard. The skill set to be a high level PG is there but the coaching hasn't been.

Chronz
05-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Id rather try to get Corey Brewer on the cheap than trade Bledsoe for this guy

3ballbomber
05-29-2013, 08:46 PM
i like bledsoe, but afflalo is would be a good pick up. you can't go wrong w/ how stacked clips are.

MagicBucsSox
05-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Id rather try to get Corey Brewer on the cheap than trade Bledsoe for this guy

Lmao you get what you trade for....Corey Brewer ? Lmaooooooo

Mishmin
05-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Possibly a Bledsoe/ Mclemore backcourt in Orlando?

ARMIN12NBA
05-29-2013, 10:47 PM
I think both teams would win with this trade. The Clippers would get a steady off-the-ball guard to space the floor for CP offensively and play good defense. The Magic would get a young, supremely athletic prospect in Bledsoe. However, why wouldn't the Clippers simply pay Bledsoe if they are going to take on Afflalo's contract?

TheNumber37
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
afflalo is an upgrade to matt Barnes. makes them better, but they still lose to the Grizzlies.

Clips should only trade for Pierce and KG... for jordan, Bledsoe, butler, picks..

Cracka2HI!
05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't think TRADING for Pierce and KG makes too much sense for the Clipps. They have to try to maintain some form of young players so it's not a 1 year window. Afflalo makes sense for that reason. Boston may buy out Pierce making him available for the MLE. KG would retire if they cut Pierce so maybe Boston takes DJ and a couple picks for KG?

KG
Blake
Pierce
Afflalo
CP3

Crawford
a bunch of crap...