PDA

View Full Version : Hansen Group Won't Go After Another City's Team Again

RiceOnTheRun
05-29-2013, 01:08 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/227880/Hansen-Group-Wont-Go-After-Another-Citys-Team-Again

Chris Hansen had a candid interview with KJR in Seattle where he discussed his ownership group's future plans to bring an NBA team to the area.

Hansen reached an agreement to purchase the Sacramento Kings from the Maloof family with the intention of moving them to Seattle.

"We're not going to be going to another city as a predator again," said Hansen. "The last thing we want is people in other cities fearing our group, 'if you don't get this done we're taking your team.'"

Hansen was surprised by the way in which Sacramento brought together a viable ownership group to keep the Kings from moving.

"If we'd known that there would have been such strong support to keep the team in Sacramento, we'd have approached it differently," said Hansen.

Hansen also expressed support for David Stern and that he doesn't hold a grudge against Seattle.

"I don't think that David Stern has it out for Seattle," said Hansen.

Thoughts? I think it's pretty honorable of him, not allowing himself to be a threat where the NBA can say "Better fund that arena, or else Seattle's coming after you". This makes me hope for a Seattle team even more, best of luck to them.

waveycrockett
05-29-2013, 01:17 AM
They should there are a ton of crappy cities that don't deserve a team. Ahem Milwaukee Ahem

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Why didn't these guys go after the Hornets when they were for sale? Or maybe they tried I really don't know anything about these people tbh. Hornets would have been a team I was interested in because they have some nice young players there and will probably trade Eric Gordon because for reasons I'll never understand he wants no part of a nice young core.

KnokOut
05-29-2013, 01:32 AM
They should there are a ton of crappy cities that don't deserve a team. Ahem Milwaukee Ahem

This is kind of off base. The Bucks have a decent fan base, but when the owner is awful and interferes with things and you've been a mediocre at best team for a long time it gets to fans.

There's a write up back in April that stated that we are likely getting a new arena deal settled by 2017. I don't think Milwaukee is going to be one of them.

Kings Faithful
05-29-2013, 02:18 AM

You say that like NO ONE likes Milwaukee or calls it home. I'm tired of all the city bashing. Especially when 90% of the people that say this crap have never been to the cities they are trashing on.

PleaseBeNice
05-29-2013, 02:24 AM

right on cue. at least you're consistent.

JiffyMix88
05-29-2013, 08:43 AM
why don't they take one of those two teams out of that **** hole they call NY and put it in Seattle?

grkmaster
05-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Wow the hate you have for NY.. how about you Fly a kite for calling the place i live, NY a s**t hole ...and New York will generate more money for the NBA than a team in Seattle will.

why don't they take one of those two teams out of that **** hole they call NY and put it in Seattle?

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
So which cities need a team? Kansas City?

NYCkid12
05-29-2013, 09:36 AM

Because New York is actually a market than can sustain two franchises. Other cities (Seattle NOT being one) can't even support one team. The NBA is not stupid there not going to move a team out of one of the biggest markets in the world.

LongWayFromHome
05-29-2013, 11:13 AM

MIL > DAL, CHI, STL, ATL, NO, DET, IND, ORL, HOU. The only NBA cities I've spent any time in that I like more than MIL are MIA and SA.

MIL is clean, beautiful, low traffic, no bums, great access to Lake Michigan, tons of nice things to do, fantastic restaurants and micro breweries, amazing baseball park. I love to visit there in the summer.

NYCkid12
05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
MIL > DAL, CHI, STL, ATL, NO, DET, IND, ORL, HOU. The only NBA cities I've spent any time in that I like more than MIL are MIA and SA.

MIL is clean, beautiful, low traffic, no bums, great access to Lake Michigan, tons of nice things to do, fantastic restaurants and micro breweries, amazing baseball park. I love to visit there in the summer.

Whatever your opinion may be, MIL is not a better city for basketball. Which is all that really matters. The Bucks are consistantly at the bottom of the league in attendance and have not attracted a legit star there in some time. Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Houston, and Detroit are better fan bases and spots for a basketball franchise than Milwaulkee.

Sandman
05-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Posturing for an expansion team for sure.

And if the Bucks go up for sale and the numbers make sense, why would they watch them get bought by somebody else?

houstonfan
05-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Been to Milwaukee... In no way is it better than Houston, Dallas, Chicago, or Orlando. Im not trying to hate on Milwaukee but as far as basketball goes, it is one of the worst basketball cities. Houston (my hometown), is not that great either though.

Sly Guy
05-29-2013, 11:52 AM
nice of him to say, but it's complete b/s.

If the league won't expand, then the only way to get a team in seattle is to steal one from another town. And getting a team in seattle seems to be their driving force.

effen5
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
When the Bulls play in Milwaukee it's pretty much a home game.

LongWayFromHome
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Whatever your opinion may be, MIL is not a better city for basketball. Which is all that really matters. The Bucks are consistantly at the bottom of the league in attendance and have not attracted a legit star there in some time. Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Houston, and Detroit are better fan bases and spots for a basketball franchise than Milwaulkee.

Been to Milwaukee... In no way is it better than Houston, Dallas, Chicago, or Orlando. Im not trying to hate on Milwaukee but as far as basketball goes, it is one of the worst basketball cities. Houston (my hometown), is not that great either though.

Agree that it isnt a great place for a basketball franchise. Dude called it a "crappy city"

I have spent a TON of time in Dallas and Chicago and Milwaukee is better in MANY ways. So "in no way is it better than" is a bogus thing to see.

Obviously this thread is about whether or not a basketball team should be there and I agree that SEA is a better place for a franchise. It just bothers me that morons think a town sucks because its smaller.

NYCkid12
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Agree that it isnt a great place for a basketball franchise. Dude called it a "crappy city"

I have spent a TON of time in Dallas and Chicago and Milwaukee is better in MANY ways. So "in no way is it better than" is a bogus thing to see.

Obviously this thread is about whether or not a basketball team should be there and I agree that SEA is a better place for a franchise. It just bothers me that morons think a town sucks because its smaller.

I knew you were just defending the city and I wasn't trashing it in anyway. Just pointing out the cities you mentioned are better suited for a basketball franchise.

gaughan333
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
He should have told them to, "just take a seat".

JLynn943
05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Hopefully they'll be getting the expansion team that they deserve.

Seppuku
05-31-2013, 04:36 PM
What Seattle didn't deserve was to get robbed and then beaten and stabbed repeatedly by Stern in the first place. It is no surprise that his last act as a commissioner was to smash a back door on a superior Seattle purchase agreement to make sure Seattle did not get a team again. Stern is an ***. Of course the Hansen group could not come out and say this. The Hansen group is still trying to acheive the acquisition of a team. You can't offend the godfather evil mastermind if your every move can be blocked for the sake of Stern's petty mental sickness. Perhaps when someone other than Stern takes over the dishonesty of dealings with owner groups in Seattle will be at an end.

Skullduggery
05-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Call me a Skeptic, but Hansen is full of ****. If he was sincere he wouldn't have upped his offer $45million after the initial vote to not relocate.

Lab Rat Robby
05-31-2013, 09:27 PM
he's full of it, or he's saying the seatle dream is dead. expansion creates an imbalance. unless a new team is added to every division or divisions are redrawn.

it's pretty fun to speculate on the multiple cities where expansion could go. vegas, vancover, st. louis, kansas city, jersey, virginia beach, baltimore, london, mexico city.

Lab Rat Robby
05-31-2013, 09:31 PM
those twolves are pretty bad and they're in a pretty small market.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
So which cities need a team? Kansas City?

Las Vegas

Ezekial
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM

C'mon man.... Milwaukee isn't a better city than Chicago.

You guys got Green Bay, and you got Detroit as well, but barely.

TrueFan420
06-01-2013, 05:40 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/227880/Hansen-Group-Wont-Go-After-Another-Citys-Team-Again

Thoughts? I think it's pretty honorable of him, not allowing himself to be a threat where the NBA can say "Better fund that arena, or else Seattle's coming after you". This makes me hope for a Seattle team even more, best of luck to them.
His comments lead me to believe that stern tried to use him to up the bid from the sac town group and he doesn't wanna be used like that again but still wants a team in Seattle so won't throw stern under the bus

EL_MACHETE
06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
They should move L.A Clippers to Seattle

JeffG20
06-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Why didn't these guys go after the Hornets when they were for sale? Or maybe they tried I really don't know anything about these people tbh. Hornets would have been a team I was interested in because they have some nice young players there and will probably trade Eric Gordon because for reasons I'll never understand he wants no part of a nice young core.

stern wasn't selling to non local buyers...they have had multiple groups including some from California that tried to.

ChitownBears22
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Move the Knicks, MSG hasn't seen a finals in forever and it could be used for a more entertaining production.

seikou8
06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Move the Knicks, MSG hasn't seen a finals in forever and it could be used for a more entertaining production.

#1 most valuable franchise top five sell outs almost every year and oh knicks fans will riot try again bud Miami will get moved before the knicks do

Lab Rat Robby
06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
expansion team for northwest seatle supersonics. expansion team for atlantic london...

Sactown
06-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Hansen group didn't target a city... they placed a bid on a franchise that was for sale.. I'm a die hard Kings fan and I don't have a problem with what they did..

Sandman
06-04-2013, 11:54 AM
expansion team for northwest seatle supersonics. expansion team for atlantic london...

why not just put Seattle in the atlantic, its the same travel