PDA

View Full Version : A healthy Danny Granger

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:04 AM
If Danny Granger was healthy, you could possibly see Paul George move to the SG and Stephenson come off the bench.

People seem to forget about Granger and the fact that he was their best player last year.

Can you imagine if he was healthy?

GoPacers33
05-29-2013, 12:09 AM
I think they would be up 3-1. We will hopefully see a fully healthy Pacers team in next years playoffs

bucketss
05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
can you imagine if wade was healthy?

HeaTxRipZz
05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
I think they would clash.....could be wrong but I get the feeling they wouldn't play well together (George and Granger) Guess we will see next season but I expect Granger to eventually be traded

shep33
05-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Granger needs to realize that he's like the 5th best offensive player on that team. Hill, West, George and Hibbert are so much more efficient.

If he just played solid defense and provided them with like 12-14 points while spreading the floor, that's where he'd be so much more valuable. A lot of times he over shoots and takes horrendous shots in my opinion

PrettyBoyJ
05-29-2013, 12:20 AM
If Granger was healthy, I don't think Paul George would have had a break out year. I think it's good he was hurt, now they now what kind of player they have in George

Dade County
05-29-2013, 12:22 AM
I think they would be up 3-1. We will hopefully see a fully healthy Pacers team in next years playoffs

If the script wanted them up 3- 1 then thats what would happen... It would have noting to do with Granger, or any player on the Pacers roster.

Hellcrooner
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM

Can you imagine if Nash, KObe, Artest, Pau and Dwight were healthy and they had a coach with a brain?

LakersMaster24
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Miami fans telling Lakers fans that we always make excuses, yet they are crying over a tied series.

Yes, there is such thing as playing hard and competing to win the championship. IMAGINE THAT. Its not just being matched up against below .500 teams or teams that lack KEY players.

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:58 AM
I agree that the injury to Granger helped cause George's breakout year.

If they part ways with Granger, who do they target?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Can you imagine if Rose was healthy ;) Im joking lol, but the East should be very exciting next year for sure with the emergence of Indiana, New york and brooklyn to battle with miami and chicago

OldSchool
05-29-2013, 01:13 AM
If Granger was healthy, I don't think Paul George would have had a break out year. I think it's good he was hurt, now they now what kind of player they have in George

This. I dont think Paul George is who he is if Granger is playing. It might have turned out better for Indy with Danny's injury. They will definitely be adding a huge asset to their team next year when he returns which makes them a scary team for the upcoming season.

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:13 AM
Granger needs to realize that he's like the 5th best offensive player on that team. Hill, West, George and Hibbert are so much more efficient.

If he just played solid defense and provided them with like 12-14 points while spreading the floor, that's where he'd be so much more valuable. A lot of times he over shoots and takes horrendous shots in my opinion

What? Granger statically if he was around his regular numbers would likely be their best offensive player. He's the definition of an efficient scorer. If you're talking about an all around game he'd probably be the 2nd or 3rd best player but offensively he's their best player.

Granger is a career 563 ts% with a 502 efg% and that it's only that low because of this year him playing bad for those 5 games. If Granger gets healthy I'd ****ing love to have him on Chicago because he's a great player.

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:15 AM
This. I dont think Paul George is who he is if Granger is playing. It might have turned out better for Indy with Danny's injury. They will definitely be adding a huge asset to their team next year when he returns which makes them a scary team for the upcoming season.

I don't agree you can never have too much talent. George and Granger would make Miami job all the more hard. If Indy decides to keep Granger for his last year now that George has all this confidence from getting the minutes I think they would make a great duo. Would be a nightmare for opposing guards and Small forwards.

waveycrockett
05-29-2013, 01:18 AM
If granger was healthy it would suck for indy because PG and Lance wouldn't have developed so much

OldSchool
05-29-2013, 01:19 AM
I don't agree you can never have too much talent. George and Granger would make Miami job all the more hard. If Indy decides to keep Granger for his last year now that George has all this confidence from getting the minutes I think they would make a great duo. Would be a nightmare for opposing guards and Small forwards.

That wasnt my point. I think Granger is a hell of player but I dont think that George breaks out the way he did this year if Granger wasnt hurt. I even acknowledged that Granger will be a huge addition to the Pacers next year when he returns. They definitely could use a number 1 scoring option. George and Granger could be very special next year. It just took Granger being out to let George shine this year.

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:21 AM
That wasnt my point. I think Granger is a hell of player but I dont think that George breaks out the way he did this year if Granger wasnt hurt. I even acknowledged that Granger will be a huge addition to the Pacers next year when he returns. They definitely could use a number 1 scoring option. George and Granger could be very special next year. It just took Granger being out to let George shine this year.

Yeah I can agree with that very similar things happen for the Bulls with Butler being able to step up because of Hamilton and Deng injuries but next year having Butler and Deng will just be a very frustrating defense to deal with.

STAT1
05-29-2013, 01:27 AM

His health isn't stopping him from flopping. No need to wonder what if.

b@llhog24
05-29-2013, 01:27 AM
What? Granger statically if he was around his regular numbers would likely be their best offensive player. He's the definition of an efficient scorer. If you're talking about an all around game he'd probably be the 2nd or 3rd best player but offensively he's their best player.

Granger is a career 563 ts% with a 502 efg% and that it's only that low because of this year him playing bad for those 5 games. If Granger gets healthy I'd ****ing love to have him on Chicago because he's a great player.

It's a "what have you done for me lately" type thing.

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:31 AM
It's a "what have you done for me lately" type thing.

Apparently hah

KniCks4LiFe
05-29-2013, 02:18 AM
Danny Granger does not know how to bring women to their knees. This is Lance's spot. You are now praising the pope of Indy

[SPOILER TAG]https://i.minus.com/ibtiStT8DG97f8.gif

SIR LANCE-A-LOT:cool:[/SPOILER TAG]

5ass
05-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Hopefully we can see a healthy Granger next year. He makes them a better offensive and defensive team.

IndyRealist
05-29-2013, 02:40 AM

Thing is Paul George didn't really "break out" this year. Statistically, he's getting about 3 more points, half a rebound and 1 assist more per 48 minutes that he was last year, and his turnovers are up and his % are down across the board. The reason he got MIP is because he played 1000 more minutes than last year, and his team did better. HE didn't actually play any better, he just played longer. For the year, Lance is the team's MIP, and since the ASG it's been Roy Hibbert by a mile.

If anyone, Lance would have been stunted by Granger being in the lineup. But Stephenson's development into a solid starter happened well before Granger would have come back from injury. Also, Danny said he didn't want to disrupt team chemistry AND he's always been a good soldier (Larry Bird's words). I suspect Granger would have came off the bench if he didn't go down for surgery. So they key, this year, is to realize that Granger would have taken Sam Young's minutes and some of Tyler Hansbrough's, not Lance or Paul. Regardless of how gimpy Granger would be, he's 10x better than Sam Young (or Gerald Green).

Stunner
05-29-2013, 02:49 AM
Granger already stated that this was George's team and gave him
The rings .

Stunner
05-29-2013, 02:51 AM
It just looks like George breakout year with the amount of talent in the east this year .

naps
05-29-2013, 02:54 AM
This series probably would be a sweep if Granger was playing. I can't fathom Paul George blossoming like this with Granger on the team. If Granger was coming off the bench then yes they would be better but we all know a if he was healthy it would never happen because he was their franchise player. Indy is a better team with George being their primary perimeter weapon. Pretty sure Indy will try to trade Granger during next February deadline if he can prove he's healthy.

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Ok so if they trade him, everyone is saying he goes to Chicago. What do the Pacers need? A shooting guard that the Bulls have been looking for since Jordan?

Rndy
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Ok so if they trade him, everyone is saying he goes to Chicago. What do the Pacers need? A shooting guard that the Bulls have been looking for since Jordan?

Pacers wouldn't trade him to Chicago any Bulls fan that has talked about him knows the only way we'd get him is through free agency when Deng becomes a free agent. But even that isn't very realistic it's more of a pipe dream.

If the Bulls end up making a big trade it will be for Eric Gordon or Kevin Love. I could see the Wolves being interested in Mirotic I'm assuming he would sign with the Wolves because Rubio is there so it's not like he'd be completely alone.

2-ONE-5
05-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Granger stinks. they need to move him

D-Leethal
05-29-2013, 09:55 AM
He and George are very redundant and I'm not really sure he makes them a better team. Their bench is awful though so I think he'd help there. I think they are better off looking to move him for a part that fits better instead of a redundant wing player who pretty much does the same stuff, plays the same position and looks for the ball in the same spots their all star already does.

ChicagoJ
05-29-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm sure granger would be a positive addition. But, at least in last nights game it was the domination in and around the basket that miami had no answer for. I don't think granger would have made that much of a difference there. But, if the coach can work him into the team concept it just makes the pacers that much better.

D-Leethal
05-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm sure granger would be a positive addition. But, at least in last nights game it was the domination in and around the basket that miami had no answer for. I don't think granger would have made that much of a difference there. But, if the coach can work him into the team concept it just makes the pacers that much better.

I think they would be forced to play George/Granger too much at the 3/4 spots and it would take away from their bully ball mojo down low.

Mcdoh
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
can you imagine a healthy rondo?
can you imagine a healthy rose?
can you imagine a healthy westbrook?
can you imagine a healthy galinari?
can you imagine a healthy lakers starting 5?

:p

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM
can you imagine a healthy rondo?
can you imagine a healthy rose?
can you imagine a healthy westbrook?
can you imagine a healthy galinari?
can you imagine a healthy lakers starting 5?

:p

David Lee and Steph Curry, a Rudy Gay who wasn't traded... lol

OceanSpray
05-29-2013, 12:01 PM
What? Granger is poison to this team. The best thing to happen to the Pacers is Granger getting injured - again. He can't guard James and can't score on James any better than Paul George can.

LAKobeBryant
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
can you imagine if rose was at his MVP level, if shaq didn't age he'll dominate all these bad big mans in the league. i can keep going

NYCkid12
05-29-2013, 12:15 PM
If the script wanted them up 3- 1 then thats what would happen... It would have noting to do with Granger, or any player on the Pacers roster.

wouldn't "the script" want a NY-Miami conference finals?

ManningToTyree
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
They should trade granger when healthy for a pg. hill can be a sixth man and Stevenson is good enough to start

Swashcuff
05-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Thing is Paul George didn't really "break out" this year. Statistically, he's getting about 3 more points, half a rebound and 1 assist more per 48 minutes that he was last year, and his turnovers are up and his % are down across the board. The reason he got MIP is because he played 1000 more minutes than last year, and his team did better. HE didn't actually play any better, he just played longer. For the year, Lance is the team's MIP, and since the ASG it's been Roy Hibbert by a mile.

If anyone, Lance would have been stunted by Granger being in the lineup. But Stephenson's development into a solid starter happened well before Granger would have come back from injury. Also, Danny said he didn't want to disrupt team chemistry AND he's always been a good soldier (Larry Bird's words). I suspect Granger would have came off the bench if he didn't go down for surgery. So they key, this year, is to realize that Granger would have taken Sam Young's minutes and some of Tyler Hansbrough's, not Lance or Paul. Regardless of how gimpy Granger would be, he's 10x better than Sam Young (or Gerald Green).

I used to like your posts before I realized that you view from a statistical POV without any form of context. I mean seriously to imply that Paul George made no improvements because his per minute #s are around the same makes no sense whatsoever. Not every player can respond well to additional PT, a greater role and a far greater USG. It's common sense that with additional minutes and a greater USG without your teams leading scorer you'd see a dip in efficiency, that's generally what happens when you go from a 4th to a 1st option in a single season. Last season there w debate as to who was better defensively between him and Granger this year there is debate between who is better defensively between him and Iggy if that's not an improvement I don't know what is. Either way you slice it he gets you more points, rebounds and assists per minute than he did last season all while being the best perimeter defender on his team.

He has been asked on numerous occasions to be a playmaking (again new territory for him) its no surprise that his turnover numbers would go up, again common sense with the ball in his hands more you'd figure that that would happen. Happens to damn near every none PG who is asked to carry this role. His passing rating however improved on last season thus indicating that he grew as a better and more understanding passer statistically.

I honestly think you're so warped in stats that you forget what goes into a player getting his stats and why they reflect such.

Swashcuff
05-29-2013, 12:45 PM
I honestly don't get where Lance is getting all this love. Dude hasn't proven that he can be consistent enough of being a starter in this league especially on a team that is generally starved for offense like the Pacers.

Also this idea that Granger would have somehow stunted George's growth is hogwash IMO. Two of the biggest improvements George has made this season are on the defensive end of the floor and in terms of playmaking two aspects which George got better at when he played with Granger last season.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Paul-George-vs-Danny-Granger|202331,101122;year=201112;season=r

When Granger was in the floor George shot better from the field the 3 got more rebounds and more assists only taking a small hit in his scoring which is completely understandable given the fact that Granger is a volume scorer. Statistically speaking however last season George was better when he played with Danny while Danny played about the same with or without him.

Now think of the impact Granger's spacing has on Hibbert. He'd be even freer on the inside with Miami having to guard the perimeter even more and with his size and Goerge on the perimeter they'd make Ray Allen's life even tougher since they'd exploit him any time he's asked to guard either one of them.

Honestly with Granger rpits a real possibility that the Pacers could already be leading this series given the way it's gone. Granger has always been an asset to this team and don't let this series fool you, no way West and Hibbert average damn near twenty so easily against the Spurs or Grizzlies, they can exploit Miami's weaknesses down low against the big boys out West not so much. Where will the offense come from then?

MonroeFAN
05-29-2013, 12:56 PM

People need to stop saying this. There is no such thing as a healthy Wade.

TheNumber37
05-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Granger is gonna get dealt. Paul George is already better.
Trade him for more depth or a true rotational guard

For example, I would do a Sign and trade to acquire say Jarret Jack.

netsgiantsyanks
05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
i honestly believe that he'll get traded.

netsgiantsyanks
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM

a miami fan talking about a rigged league :laugh:

koreancabbage
05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
They should trade granger when healthy for a pg. hill can be a sixth man and Stevenson is good enough to start

They dont need anyone else. They probably need a better SG than anything. Lance Stevenson is a 6th man. Hill is doing a great job. more consistency maybe.

Swashcuff
a miami fan talking about a rigged league :laugh:

Yeah I found that statement truly ironic.

zn23
What people seem to forget is how overrated Danny Granger is...

He was a total non factor in the playoffs last year and came really small against the Heat...

Swashcuff
05-29-2013, 01:21 PM
They dont need anyone else. They probably need a better SG than anything. Lance Stevenson is a 6th man. Hill is doing a great job. more consistency maybe.

They need Hibbert to play with this kind of fire offensively every night, if they can get 16-18 a night from Hibbert instead of 10-12 the entire dynamic of that team could change. Someone suggested a sign and trade of Hickson and Matthews for Granger in the event that West walks and something like that could make sense for the Pacers if Hibbert improves offensively.

koreancabbage
05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
They need Hibbert to play with this kind of fire offensively every night, if they can get 16-18 a night from Hibbert instead of 10-12 the entire dynamic of that team could change. Someone suggested a sign and trade of Hickson and Matthews for Granger in the event that West walks and something like that could make sense for the Pacers if Hibbert improves offensively.

he started off slow this year (Hibbert) but he's coming on strong. he's been pretty passive this whole season but he's on fire now..

forgot that West is a FA.

Swashcuff
05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
What people seem to forget is how overrated Danny Granger is...

He was a total non factor in the playoffs last year and came really small against the Heat...

Against the Heat offensively everyone was a none factor. He and George both gave a lot of effort on the defensive end against the Heats wings but to no avail. You can't define a player by one series against the best team in the league especially a perimeter defensive player against what was then the best perimeter D. Based on this series alone we'd say Hibbert is probably the best C in the NBA and Marc Gasol is barely top 10.

Swashcuff
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
he started off slow this year (Hibbert) but he's coming on strong. he's been pretty passive this whole season but he's on fire now..

forgot that West is a FA.

Thing that confuses me about Hibbert was the fact that he loved played like a guard despite being 7'2 I mean dude never displayed this kinda hunger inside and though he isn't the most refined low post player he certainly ain't the worst. Really hopes he keeps up this level of play/intensity outside of the playoffs as well.

smiddy012
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Rose, Hinrich, Deng, & Noah say hi....

Hawkeye15
05-29-2013, 02:45 PM
stunts PG's growth to me.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Wade is done, he isn't top 10 good anymore he's still an all-star though

Lakers + Giants
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
IMO
Granger is to Indiana what Rudy Gay was to Memphis.

bucketss
05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Wade is done, he isn't top 10 good anymore he's still an all-star though

i don't think his knees will get better, hes like a dieing horse out there.. oh well he should have learned how to shoot in his early years.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-29-2013, 06:11 PM
i don't think his knees will get better, hes like a dieing horse out there.. oh well he should have learned how to shoot in his early years.

Agreed

cubs1st
05-29-2013, 06:33 PM
What was the deal with Hibbert this regular season? He shot in the 40's percent range.

Pacerlive
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
What was the deal with Hibbert this regular season? He shot in the 40's percent range.

Injuried wrist took him out of his game. He shot poorly but his defense this year has been top 3 for centers. Gasol is the only other center who would be ranked better defensively.

Pacerlive
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
IMO
Granger is to Indiana what Rudy Gay was to Memphis.

Granger meant a lot more. He carried this team through the Jim OBrein era and help select PG in the draft. It's going to be hard to see him go.

xRipCity
05-30-2013, 09:44 AM

He should go to Germany for the surgery Kobe got. But I completely agree, the reason guys are able to stay in the league for so long is because they learn to adapt. Jason Kidd went from not shooting the three ball to only shooting it...

JordansBulls
05-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Granger is a player that is good, but he takes too many ill advised shots and runs his mouth too much. Last year when Indy was up 2-1 he started talking crap and then was the detriment to the team.

xRipCity
05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Scrappy defender though. He would be a good 6 man for pacers or valuable starter on a different team. Can see West walking and Granger in a deal for a power forward

njnets
05-30-2013, 04:50 PM
i see the pacers trying to move granger for some depth. the lack of depth has killed them. maybe trading granger for a 6th man off the bench who can score and a better big off the bench could be something. i dont have anyone in mind but something along those lines.

hes going to be an expiring contract so that will increase his value. not to mention hes a solid player.

anyone else see this as a possibility?

EDIT: david west needs to be resigned as well. augugstin also needs a new contract or they would need a new backup PG so take that into effect.