PDA

View Full Version : Which trio do you take?

LayBraun
05-28-2013, 11:58 PM
So everyone bashes LeBron for so called "joining forces with two superstars" yet Wade and bosh have been pretty atrocious. They were a combing 6-21 with 23 points. You call that superstar production?? That's just about what it's been the entire playoffs. The fact the Heat are even tied with the Pacers truly shows how good lebron is.

So my question is this:

Lebron/wade/bosh

Or

Lebron/George hill/Hibbert??

I take the second trio ALL day because they compliment each other so much better but don't have the unwarranted super star titles that bosh and wade have

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:00 AM
LeBron, George Hill, and Hibbert. What?

LayBraun
05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm saying that's a better trio then wade/bosh/lebron

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Lots of things wrong with your question. First, LeBron plays for the Miami Heat. Second, the trio for the Pacers would be Paul George, David West, and Roy Hibbert.

If only Granger was back.

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Oh I thought you were comparing them by teams. I'd still take Bosh and Wade.

LayBraun
05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
The point I'm trying to make is that there are better BASKETBALL trios out there that include lebron than people understand and it's quite comical

xRipCity
05-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah. LeBron, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard? Lol

LayBraun
05-29-2013, 12:11 AM
That wasn't my point either. Basically excluding superstars

Dade County
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
So everyone bashes LeBron for so called "joining forces with two superstars" yet Wade and bosh have been pretty atrocious. They were a combing 6-21 with 23 points. You call that superstar production?? That's just about what it's been the entire playoffs. The fact the Heat are even tied with the Pacers truly shows how good lebron is.

So my question is this:

Lebron/wade/bosh

Or

I take the second trio ALL day because they compliment each other so much better but don't have the unwarranted super star titles that bosh and wade have

You are being tricked by the powers to be... Wake up!

NBA = Entertainment ( Wae & Lbj is apart of this circle )

amos1er
05-29-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm saying that's a better trio then wade/bosh/lebron

Are you really trying to slang this BS. Nice try bud. lol

amos1er
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I want whatever LayBrun is on...must be some good ****.

still1ballin
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Wat?

NoahH
05-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Right now at this very moment. Lebron / Hill / Hibbert

LayBraun
05-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Right now at this very moment. Lebron / Hill / Hibbert

Someone with a brain, thank you.

OceanSpray
05-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Right now and for the future? James, Hibbert, and Hill. Wade needs to retire after this year or something. His knee doesn't seem repairable and he's useless without the go ahead layups.

b@llhog24
05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
While, I think Hill is underrated. He's not that good to be the tie breaker.

mngopher35
05-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Lebron Wade Bosh. Yes I have watched this series. Yes I have watched these playoffs. Yes, I still do think that is best trio.

OldSchool
05-29-2013, 01:15 AM

So my question is this:

Lebron/wade/bosh

Or

Not even close. Miami's trio is much better, its not even close talent wise. Indiana just has great chemistry and their interior presence is causing Miami problems. Thats why its 2-2 in the series.

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Lebron/Wade/Bosh but if we can make things up i'll take Lebron/Rose/Noah all 3 of those guys are great defensive players who can pass and make their jobs easier. Lebron can Just post everyone up while Noah makes that fantastic over the defenders head passes into easy layups/dunks

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2013, 01:31 AM
The Heat trio has already prove they can win. But if I'm creating a trio with Lebron (and can pick from the entire league), for starters I do not want to waste money on another PG (or star that needs to iso and dribble half of the shot clock down to create their own offense), so Rose/Wade/Paul will be out. Lebron is the PG (point forward rather) of the team, the offense would go through him. 2nd, a big man that can post up would be the 2nd star I would look for. 3rd would be a guard that can catch and shoot, and play great defense.

The perfect team for Lebron IMO:

PG that can shoot the 3 ball
SG that can defend, can come off screens
Lebron
athletic PF that can block shots and shoot mid range jumpers
Center that can post up and rebound

Rndy
05-29-2013, 01:32 AM
The Heat trio has already prove they can win. But if I'm creating a trio with Lebron (and can pick from the entire league), for starters I do not want to waste money on another PG (or star that needs to iso and dribble half of the shot clock down to create their own offense), so Rose/Wade/Paul will be out. Lebron is the PG (point forward rather) of the team, the offense would go through him. 2nd, a big man that can post up would be the 2nd star I would look for. 3rd would be a guard that can catch and shoot, and play great defense.

Lebron

Hmm perhaps a Lebron and CLE reunion?!?!

*Silver&Black*
05-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Hmm perhaps a Lebron and CLE reunion?!?!

Funny, If they can get a legit post up center, then that would sound like the perfect fit.

sep11ie
05-29-2013, 01:49 AM
How fast heat fans turn on Wade... lolololol

Rndy
05-29-2013, 02:00 AM

It's kinda sad really but times like that show you who are the true fans and aren't I've had similar arguments with "bulls fans" about Derrick Rose.

Fact is Miami wouldn't even be relevant if it wasn't for Wade. Him and Shaq won a ring and he recruited Lebron to Miami. But at the same time Wade has really attacked Miami fans for years taking cheap shots at the fans on multiple occasions so I can kind of understand why their turning on him when he's not playing up to standards.

soonabooma
05-29-2013, 02:53 AM
I'll take Durant/Westbrook/Harden. Oh wait! Never mind.

amos1er
05-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Lebron Wade Bosh. Yes I have watched this series. Yes I have watched these playoffs. Yes, I still do think that is best trio.

Thank you. The voice of reason once again. I think the people trying to say otherwise are making preemptive excuses for Lebron if somehow doesn't win a ring this year. Vegas odds also say that Lebron Wade and Bosh are overwhelming favorites as well.

amos1er
05-29-2013, 03:03 AM

I've said many times that this new wave of bandwagon Heat fans are the rudest, most arrogant, and most disloyal fans in the NBA.

Lets be honest here though...Those of us that were here before July 2010 know how many so called "Cleveland fans" this site used to have...Funny how I don't remember there being nearly this many Heat fans from 2007-2010...I'll let you guys connect the dots...

naps
05-29-2013, 03:16 AM
Over-reaction much? I would understand if it was Paul George or West instead of Hill. What's the ****ing point of having Geroge Hill when LeBron is already there to handle the ball? GTFO!

EDIT: Pretty sure this guy and Oceanspray are ex-cavs fans.

JEDean89
05-29-2013, 03:21 AM
the funny thing about the heat is that bosh in not a center and lebron is best as a PF so they have 2 PF's as their top 2 players atm. IMO it is better to put 4 players earning 10 mil each around lebron than to put 2 players earning 20 each. something like marc gasol, wilson chandler, andre iguadala and george hill. That would be the rowdiest way to build around lebron. Then add a 6th man (ray allen) a backup pg (norris cole) and two backup bigs (haslem and bird) and you have for around the same price, the most dominant dynasty since the kobe-shaq lakers.

krrys11
05-29-2013, 03:29 AM
I feel like this is created so if he does not win .... people will go it is not his fault.

Remember it is a team game...thats why you should support teams not players.
So if Heat wins it is not just LeBron, its Wade, Bosh Birdman and the rest of crew. However if they dont win...is a lost to Wade as well as a lost to LeBron.

amos1er
05-29-2013, 03:36 AM
I feel like this is created so if he does not win .... people will go it is not his fault.

Remember it is a team game...thats why you should support teams not players.
So if Heat wins it is not just LeBron, its Wade, Bosh Birdman and the rest of crew. However if they dont win...is a lost to Wade as well as a lost to LeBron.

I though the same exact thing when I saw this thread. Judging by the OP's rep on this sight I would say that is safe to say we have both discovered the modus operandi. Lol. Not so ninja like I'm afraid.

jerellh528
05-29-2013, 03:55 AM
Miami's trio is more skilled and seem to play entitled. indiana's trio is playing harder and with more chemistry.

jerellh528
05-29-2013, 04:15 AM

Lebron

Sounds like the perfect team for anyone lol

nycericanguy
05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Wade is playing hurt, and you're kinda piling on him.

14.3ppg, 5.6apg, 4.8rpg, 1.7spg 46% fg's.

Let me tell you as a Knicks fan I'd take that as my #2 guy in a HEARTBEAT... most teams would. Those numbers are comparable to what Paul George has done in these playoffs as the #1 man, and George isn't hurt.

Wade put up 21/5/5/2 on 52% this year, those are INSANE numbers...better than pretty much any other SG in the NBA. some MIA fans really are spoiled.

And people get on LBJ for joining with superstars because...well... he DID! 3 years ago Wade was the 2nd best player in the game, and Bosh was the best PF on the market, and top 3 PF overall.

but these guys thought they could just show up on the court and win an easy 7 titles... the ironic thing is the CLE teams with LBJ had a higher winning % those last 2 years.

nycericanguy
05-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Miami's trio is more skilled and seem to play entitled. indiana's trio is playing harder and with more chemistry.

pretty much this, MIA has more talent than any other team in the league... by a pretty good margin too... but the Pacers are a tough big team, that is playing hard for 48 minutes. Watching them against NY for 6 games... they just suffocate you all game.

cavsbigot
05-29-2013, 10:07 PM
you cant compare dwyane wade with george Hill

akesh99
05-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Bron, Hill and Hibbert

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2013, 04:49 AM
If he really played with Hill and Hibbert the same thing that was said about his Cleveland teams would be said again.I'm not sure Hill is better than Mo Williams and Hibbert is a little better than Andy V. If he lost with those guys people would still be screaming "he needs help"

amos1er
05-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Wade is playing hurt, and you're kinda piling on him.

14.3ppg, 5.6apg, 4.8rpg, 1.7spg 46% fg's.

Let me tell you as a Knicks fan I'd take that as my #2 guy in a HEARTBEAT... most teams would. Those numbers are comparable to what Paul George has done in these playoffs as the #1 man, and George isn't hurt.

Wade put up 21/5/5/2 on 52% this year, those are INSANE numbers...better than pretty much any other SG in the NBA. some MIA fans really are spoiled.

And people get on LBJ for joining with superstars because...well... he DID! 3 years ago Wade was the 2nd best player in the game, and Bosh was the best PF on the market, and top 3 PF overall.

but these guys thought they could just show up on the court and win an easy 7 titles... the ironic thing is the CLE teams with LBJ had a higher winning % those last 2 years.

Wow...Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything you just said is 100% accurate...Game over!!!

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 05:30 AM

Lebron
If you could insert him on any team not worrying about how he got there the warriors seem like the best fit

tr3ymill3r
05-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Kyrie, LeBron and Dwight in Cleveland obviously Gilbert is going to send the pick to LA in a S&T for Dwight,

Mave1002
05-30-2013, 08:51 AM

So my question is this:

Lebron/wade/bosh

Or

DH12-Love-Irving 2015.:D

D-Leethal
05-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Wade was the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA when they teamed up and Bosh was the #1 option on a playoff team. Its tough for guys to adjust to smaller roles and a lot of guys struggle to do that. Its hard for stars to get used to not getting plays ran for them and still being successful. I don't think you have to look much further than Dwight Howard trying to adjust to being a 'garbage man' instead of a focal point.

D-Leethal
05-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I think both Wade and Bosh would still average 23-25ppg if they were on their own teams. They are still stars, but on that team their not much more than role players. Bosh isn't utilized for anything but kickout jump shots. Wade basically gets leftovers. Its hard for a star who is used to having the ball to get used to playing without it.

NoahH
05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Someone with a brain, thank you.

C Hibbert
PF LeBron
SF Battier
SG Ray Allen
PG Hill

Personally I think this would be a surefire champion especially with Wade being banged up and Bosh being non-existant. Hill isn't better than Wade (obviously), but right now they're basically playing at the same level (in this conference final). And Hibbert is playing really well (much better than Bosh IMO).

HowFit
05-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeah. LeBron, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard? Lol

Geez whiz, can't imagine...

Ty_Lawson
05-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Lawson,Gallo,McGee!!! :cheers::D

Supreme LA
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that there are better BASKETBALL trios out there that include lebron than people understand and it's quite comical

Yeah but I don't think you consider the fact that Lebron can produce best with the floor spread. Lebron, as big and strong as he is, needs wide lanes for his style of play making and scoring.

I would say having Bosh is important to Lebron because of his ability to shoot. If you had Hibbert then you would definitely have to slow the pace for him to even be part of play. Teams on Paper doesn't mean anything. Look at the Lakers.

IKnowHoops
05-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Thank you. The voice of reason once again. I think the people trying to say otherwise are making preemptive excuses for Lebron if somehow doesn't win a ring this year. Vegas odds also say that Lebron Wade and Bosh are overwhelming favorites as well.

Lebron, Paul george, David West is better right now then Lebron, Wade, Bosh

IKnowHoops
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM
In the Pacers vs Heat Series
1.Lebron
2.Paul George
3.David West
4.Hibbert
5.George Hill
6.Haslem
7.Birdman
8.Bosh
9.Wade
10.Stevenson

bwallstreet
05-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Kobe/Chris Paul/Dwight Howard

Lakers 2013 BABY

mngopher35
06-01-2013, 12:18 AM
1.Lebron
2.Paul George
3.David West
4.Hibbert
5.George Hill
6.Haslem
7.Birdman
8.Bosh
9.Wade
10.Stevenson

I don't know about the entire list, but the second and third best players to me have been Hibbert and George. I would give the edge to hibbert because of his defense so far (and how he has miami scared to attack at times). I don't see how he could be 4th.

mngopher35
06-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Yeah but I don't think you consider the fact that Lebron can produce best with the floor spread. Lebron, as big and strong as he is, needs wide lanes for his style of play making and scoring.

I would say having Bosh is important to Lebron because of his ability to shoot. If you had Hibbert then you would definitely have to slow the pace for him to even be part of play. Teams on Paper doesn't mean anything. Look at the Lakers.

I think having a legit 7 foot center would help Lebron too though. It may clog the lane a little more but look how many easy buckets he has gotten anderson. Could you imagine a defense with a legit 7 footer and Lebron? He is versatile enough to sort of be their anchor or make up for some height issues right now but I think defensively that would be awesome.

I completely agree about Bosh though. He is exactly the kind of stretch player that can spread the floor out and give Lebron room to operate. There certainly are better basketball trios than Lebron, Wade, and Bosh though. They have a lot of overlapping qualities.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 01:09 AM
if healthy lebron/wade is greater then the other option period whether they compliment eachother or not. now this year you're probably right. wade needs to be himself and bosh is a bonus.

Minimal
06-01-2013, 01:35 PM
1.Lebron
2.Paul George
3.David West
4.Hibbert
5.George Hill
6.Haslem
7.Birdman
8.Bosh
9.Wade
10.Stevenson
1. LeBron
2. Hibbert

Pacers without Hibbert would have been swept by the Heat.

OceanSpray
06-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Why does everyone always pair LeBron up with a PG? He doesn't need a PG. He handles the ball much better than most PG's.

jerellh528
06-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Why does everyone always pair LeBron up with a PG? He doesn't need a PG. He handles the ball much better than most PG's.

Such a common misconception. Lebrons handles are no where near pg level. They are great for a sf though.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 04:59 PM

So my question is this:

Lebron/wade/bosh

Or

First trio. The other trio would be ineffective with how Lebron plays. It is no coinsidence that both Bosh and Wade now don't play the same way they used to because of how much Lebron controls the ball.