PDA

View Full Version : What players stay and what players go?

bsi
05-27-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.capgeek.com/rangers

We've got 13.5 million cap space and have 4 RFA's to sign (5 if you count Sauer), and Ryan Clowe to sign. Hagelin, McDonagh, Zuccarello, and Stepan are all RFA's. No brainer's include Stepan and McDonagh but what do we do with Clowe, Hagelin and Zuccarello? Do we sign Clowe for 4-5 million even though he just had a concussion? If we do that then do we have money for Zuccarello and Hagelin? How much money are Zuccarello and Hagelin going to want next year, both played ok but it became apparent that they aren't big enough for playoff hockey against certain teams and Hagelin is more of a 3rd line type than a top 6. Zuccarello was good for us but what's he gonna want? 2-3 million?

So with that said what can we expect to sign McDonagh and Stepan for? Stepan is gonna want atleast Callahan money, so that's 4.2-5 per year and he lead the team in points so it's hard to say he doesn't deserve that. McDonagh was our best d this year with the absense of Staal. Staal got a cap friendly deal from us last time at 3.9, but the average minute eater RFA in the league last year was getting closer to 5+ so where does that leave McDonagh? 4.5+? So what's that leave us? Roughly 9 million for those two, does that sound about right? so that leaves us 4.5 to spend on Clowe, Hagelin and Zuccarello, Clowe will eat that much if he's resigned. I was hoping we'd have money for another D man but it doesn't look like we have money to spend on what we currently have. We're in cap trouble, not to mention we have Callahan, Brassard,Girardi, Stralman and Lundqvist to sign the year after as well as Biron if he's still in the picture. Brassard and Girardi will be due some bigger payouts as well as Callahan. Lundqvist I'd say won't ask for more than he's making but who knows.

Rangers in 7
05-27-2013, 07:01 PM
no offense but if you think girardi deserves a raise you didnt watch him in the playoffs this year, he was horrible and ive always been an advocate that he was over rated, i say after his deal expires you let him walk, unless hes prepared to play third pairing defense for a lower cap hit, with that being said i dont think callahan makes more money in the next contract either, just my opinion

fingerbang
05-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Buyout Brad. Package one of our defenseman for Yandle. Maybe that's Del Zotto. Bringing back Clowe seems too risky. Don't want Clarkson.

SLY WILLIAMS
05-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Mats and Hags were 2 of the teams best playoff point producers. I would not write either of them off. Mats will be a bargain at 1-1.5 mill a year. Hags will be higher but should not be a problem. Clowe has both salary risk as well as costing another 2nd round pick. I'm not sure we should take that risk.

nyr1980
05-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Can't lose Hags, Step, or McD.

Like Zuccs a lot, but I wonder how much he can actually produce offensively in terms of numbers. He just strikes me as a guy with great offensive ability, but it'd have to be the perfect storm for the numbers to be there.

Like Clowe, but at 30 and after concussions, it's risky and his best hockey is definitely behind him. And he won't take a discounted rate.

IAmARanger18
05-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Stay: Hags, McDonagh, Stepan and Zucc

Goes: Pyatt and Clowe.

If Clowe wasn't injured and practically irrelevant after that 1st game I would say resign him, but he wants an 8 year deal, but he also said he is willing to take a pay cut to stay here so who knows

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Mats and Hags were 2 of the teams best playoff point producers. I would not write either of them off. Mats will be a bargain at 1-1.5 mill a year. Hags will be higher but should not be a problem. Clowe has both salary risk as well as costing another 2nd round pick. I'm not sure we should take that risk.

Agreed and Clowe was a waste

aanddann
05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Agreed and Clowe was a waste

i have to disagree with you there man. that's aggressive calling him a waste. if he truly would take a 'discount' (and lets be serious, thatll be maybe a half a mil) I would say resign him. he's pretty tough and at least restores some of the grit that we lost in Prust. Actually I'd say between Asham, Clowe and Dorsett seemingly playing with more confidence by the end of the series, we had a pretty nasty 4th line with considerable skill.

As far as who goes, I wouldnt be shocked seeing Del Zotto gone in a trade (I liked the earlier Yandle idea, or better yet, see if you can throw DZ and Hagelin to 'Peg for Byfuglien). Pyatt wasnt particularly worth it. Powe had two concussions in what seemed like 2 minutes, so that'll be tough to keep around. Newbury and Haley I doubt sniff the lineup next year unless there are injuries.

I mentioned Hagelin because I'm just not sure we dont try to use him to get tougher. I really like him, but realistically you can replicate his speed in Kreider (did you see when Kreider would take off after a puck? I mean...wow.) And I also think some of his excellent forecheck can be substituted by maybe a Christian Thomas or a Ryan Bourque (maybe Jesper Fast). Point is, Hagelin's best way to help the team may be to help us evolve it and bring in the right people. Yandle/Byfuglien and I saw mention of a Matt Hendricks type somewhere. I like those ideas.

Thoughts?

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 10:36 AM
i have to disagree with you there man. that's aggressive calling him a waste. if he truly would take a 'discount' (and lets be serious, thatll be maybe a half a mil) I would say resign him. he's pretty tough and at least restores some of the grit that we lost in Prust. Actually I'd say between Asham, Clowe and Dorsett seemingly playing with more confidence by the end of the series, we had a pretty nasty 4th line with considerable skill.

As far as who goes, I wouldnt be shocked seeing Del Zotto gone in a trade (I liked the earlier Yandle idea, or better yet, see if you can throw DZ and Hagelin to 'Peg for Byfuglien). Pyatt wasnt particularly worth it. Powe had two concussions in what seemed like 2 minutes, so that'll be tough to keep around. Newbury and Haley I doubt sniff the lineup next year unless there are injuries.

I mentioned Hagelin because I'm just not sure we dont try to use him to get tougher. I really like him, but realistically you can replicate his speed in Kreider (did you see when Kreider would take off after a puck? I mean...wow.) And I also think some of his excellent forecheck can be substituted by maybe a Christian Thomas or a Ryan Bourque (maybe Jesper Fast). Point is, Hagelin's best way to help the team may be to help us evolve it and bring in the right people. Yandle/Byfuglien and I saw mention of a Matt Hendricks type somewhere. I like those ideas.

Thoughts?

I say that because we gave up to much for him,he wants to much to even consider being resigned by us, And now he has some really serious health issues on top of it all

liltedspop
05-28-2013, 12:34 PM
When asked to assess his playoff performance, Rick Nash said, "Good." When asked what surprised him about New York, Nash said, "Traffic."
11:51 AM - 27 May 2013

um I hate to see what he considers bad. watching this guy this season 2 things are obvious he's tremendously talented & also as soft a player as has donned the blueshirt in some time. his playoff performance was putrid he played on the periphery never saw him in front of the net & he didnt drive to the net at all in the post season. i dont want to read about how this was a shortened season blah blah B.S. & i've not heard him or any1 else confirm he was injured during our short run this spring if you want to call it a run. nash was soft on the puck & appeared not even engaged during most of our 11 post season games.

fingerbang
05-28-2013, 01:00 PM
He said he was healthy.

May 27th at 11:36AM: Nash confirmed this morning that he did not suffer any injuries during the playoffs. He told Andrew Gross that he will not need any offseason operations.

May 26th at 11:08AM: In a transcript of post game comments provided by the Bruins, Rick Nash was asked after the game last night if he was dealing with any injuries during the playoffs.

Nash responded with one word, saying “no.”

Adam Rotter: Nash is a prideful player and one who isn’t going to make excuses for his lack of production. He won’t publicly admit any injury, though for stretches in the playoffs he looked very beat up, and unless he has to have surgery, the team probably won’t make any comment about his health.

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-players/rick-nash/note-rick-nash-says-he-is-healthy/

He sucked. Had the puck on his stick a lot, too.

SLY WILLIAMS
05-28-2013, 01:02 PM
My fear with Nash is that we may have already seen his best. He had a very good season points per game wise compared to the rest of his career. It was his 3rd best in that regard. He was always very talented but I do think he has lost a step of speed from his prime. Next season I wonder what he will do in a full season. I think he may be a 30-35 goal and 60-65 point guy next season which is very good but not overwhelming.

NYSPORTS98
05-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Don 't be surprised if we've seen the last of Marc Staal. A significant eye injury and a significant concussion over the past year plus.

That a lot of risky wiring that needs to remain in tact.

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
My fear with Nash is that we may have already seen his best. He had a very good season points per game wise compared to the rest of his career. It was his 3rd best in that regard. He was always very talented but I do think he has lost a step of speed from his prime. Next season I wonder what he will do in a full season. I think he may be a 30-35 goal and 60-65 point guy next season which is very good but not overwhelming.

I have a hard time saying he lost some speed only because we have a few guys with A+ speed but dont get a lot of chances to use it in our system

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Don 't be surprised if we've seen the last of Marc Staal. A significant eye injury and a significant concussion over the past year plus.

That a lot of risky wiring that needs to remain in tact.+

Maybe its time to trade him now. Off to Carolina!!!

NYRangers4Life
05-28-2013, 01:25 PM
The easiest solution to free up cap space is to buy out Richards. In doing so we would give us the space to sign all of our RFA's as well as Clowe. I like Clowe and what he brings to the team.

I see us trying to move Asham, Powe and Richards from the front end and Eminger, Gilroy, Hamrlik and Sauer from the D Corps.

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
The easiest solution to free up cap space is to buy out Richards. In doing so we would give us the space to sign all of our RFA's as well as Clowe. I like Clowe and what he brings to the team.

I see us trying to move Asham, Powe and Richards from the front end and Eminger, Gilroy, Hamrlik and Sauer from the D Corps.
Dont forget the cap is dropping 6 mil so im not so sure

NYRangers4Life
05-28-2013, 01:37 PM

Dang I forgot about that!

SLY WILLIAMS
05-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Clowe was having some major issues going back to when Clowe was playing for the Sharks in 2012. A big part of Clowes game is hitting and fighting. If he has a major risk of concussion then I would not offer more than a 1 year deal. Problem is even if only a 1 year deal then we lose another 2nd round pick.

fingerbang
05-28-2013, 01:49 PM

We get Redden and Drury off the books. So we got that goin for us...

NYY09
05-28-2013, 01:55 PM
We get Redden and Drury off the books. So we got that goin for us...

Wow, Drury... :facepalm:

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Clowe was having some major issues going back to when Clowe was playing for the Sharks in 2012. A big part of Clowes game is hitting and fighting. If he has a major risk of concussion then I would not offer more than a 1 year deal. Problem is even if only a 1 year deal then we lose another 2nd round pick.

I didnt like that deal when it was made and i like it even less now

NYSPORTS98
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
+

Maybe its time to trade him now. Off to Carolina!!!

Who knows? I'm concerned he could be done with that eye.

puckhead54
05-28-2013, 04:25 PM
What would it take to get Skinner from Carolina and Yandle from Phoenix?

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Who knows? I'm concerned he could be done with that eye.

I just said Carolina for obvious reasons! All 3948942 other Staals are in Carolina

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 05:21 PM
What would it take to get Skinner from Carolina and Yandle from Phoenix?

A healthy Staal is a good start

nyr2002nyr
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM
The trade, consummated on July 24, was Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and a first-round pick to the Blue Jackets for Rick Nash, minor-league defenseman Steven Delisle and a conditional third-round draft pick.

The 'condition' on that third-round pick was simple: if the Rangers reached the Eastern Conference Final, the Blue Jackets would keep the pick. The Rangers didn't, of course, so the Blue Jackets' pick was officially sent to New York last night when the buzzer sounded on the Bruins' 3-1 win. - See more at: http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/pickin-and-grinnin-251597.html#sthash.OQ27wc9P.dpuf

Rangers in 7
05-28-2013, 08:29 PM
i would include hags in a trade for a player like yandle or bfug....personally id offer a offer sheet to either pietrangelo or sign streit

beast023
05-29-2013, 01:00 AM
St. Louis has 24 mil in cap space even with the cap drop (per cap geek). not a chance we could offer sheet him. I think our best shot at a top 4 dman is yandle (DZ+hags+whatever else gets it done). Up front I like clarkson (for those that don't, why not?) I'm curious to see what buyout decisions are made around the league. The lightning for example will pay 45 mil over the next 7 years to lecavelier or 30 over the next 14 off the cap for a buyout. The flyers will probably buy out two of pronger briere or bryz. Sabres dump leino. Wild dump heatley. Vancouver two of luongo booth and Ballard are gone. Horcoff from edm. These are my guesses.

nyr2002nyr
05-29-2013, 08:04 AM
St. Louis has 24 mil in cap space even with the cap drop (per cap geek). not a chance we could offer sheet him. I think our best shot at a top 4 dman is yandle (DZ+hags+whatever else gets it done). Up front I like clarkson (for those that don't, why not?) I'm curious to see what buyout decisions are made around the league. The lightning for example will pay 45 mil over the next 7 years to lecavelier or 30 over the next 14 off the cap for a buyout. The flyers will probably buy out two of pronger briere or bryz. Sabres dump leino. Wild dump heatley. Vancouver two of luongo booth and Ballard are gone. Horcoff from edm. These are my guesses.

Prongers last 2 years of that deal were for almost no money so it wont be him

puckhead54
05-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Here is my opinion on who should stay or go, not that anyone cares but what the heck here goes.
Our cap space for next year is 13,555,833 according to capgeek.
1) Buy out Richards and cap space goes to 20,222,500
2) resign Step for 4MM cap space goes to 16,222,000
3) resign Zucc for 1.5MM cap space goes to 14,722,500
4) Send Newbury back cap space goes to 15,322,500
5) resign mac for 3,300,000 cap space goes to 12,022,500
6) Trade Stall, Powe and minor leaguer for Skinner cap space goes to 11,339,167
7) Bring up McIlrath cap space goes to 10,044,167
8) Trade Hags, Thomas & Mdz for Yandle cap spaced goes to 7,344,167
9) Sign FA Streit for 5MM and cap space goes to 2,344,167
10) Bring up Miller cap space goes to 1,100,000
Our lines would be: 1)Step-Nash-Calley 2)Skinner-Kreider-Zucc 3)Brassard-Pyatt-Dorsett 4)Boyle-Asham-Miller
Our D would look like this: 1)Girardi-Yandle 2)Streit-Mack 3)Stralman-Moore,McIlrath.

NYRangers4Life
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM

That's assuming that Carolina would trade away Skinner for two players who are coming of a) a serious eye injury and b) multiple concussions?

nyr1980
05-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Carolina may have made the deal of Staal for Skinner straight up prior to the injury. Now, I'm not thinking they do.

I think among the forwards, Richards gets bought out and they let Clowe walk. Also, those bottom-6 guys like Powe, Asham, Pyatt, I believe they try to make a move there and add someone they like a bit better, but nothing huge.
Re-sign Steps, Hags, and possibly Zuccs.

On D, give MCD a nice long-term deal. Re-sign Moore to a bridge deal. Let Gilroy walk. Maybe Eminger too if they feel McIlrath is ready. Not sure on Sauer's health status. May never play again.

After that, plan should be to fully integrate Miller and Kreider next season.
I'd actually be ok with down the middle being:
Stepan
Brassard
Miller
Boyle

Still think they need a forward, preferably a LW who provides 20-25 goals, and 50-55 pts.
I don't think Clowe, Zuccs, or Hags is that guy.
But I think the top-6 of Step, Brass, Nash, Cally, and Kreider (who needs to JUST GET PLAYED at this point- tons of minutes) plus one other guy, looks pretty good.

Bottom-6 of Boyle, Miller, Pyatt, Hags, plus some grouping of Asham, maybe Zuccs, or some younger guys or fresh blood could be pretty good.

Hard to speculate on D. Think they try to flip a Defenseman, either Staal or Del Zotto, with the plan being to get contributions from Moore and McIlrath next year.

But I'd be okay moving forward with Girardi, Stralman, McIlrath, Staal, MCD, MDZ, Moore, Eminger as the group back there.

nyr1980
05-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Anisimov is RFA. Not that it would happen, but I'd love to see him come back. Always liked his versatility if being able to play center, and wing, kill penalties, and move between lines among top 3 lines. Aside from a winger to provide some more offense, a think a player like that is a need.

Anyone know his RFA status? Arb eligible?

nyr2002nyr
05-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Hank staying on is not looking good due to his recent comments and he has hinted it has to due with Torts

NYSPORTS98
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Here is my opinion on who should stay or go, not that anyone cares but what the heck here goes.
Our cap space for next year is 13,555,833 according to capgeek.
1) Buy out Richards and cap space goes to 20,222,500
2) resign Step for 4MM cap space goes to 16,222,000
3) resign Zucc for 1.5MM cap space goes to 14,722,500
4) Send Newbury back cap space goes to 15,322,500
5) resign mac for 3,300,000 cap space goes to 12,022,500
7) Bring up McIlrath cap space goes to 10,044,167
8) Trade Hags, Thomas & Mdz for Yandle cap spaced goes to 7,344,167
9) Sign FA Streit for 5MM and cap space goes to 2,344,167
10) Bring up Miller cap space goes to 1,100,000
Our lines would be: 1)Step-Nash-Calley 2)Skinner-Kreider-Zucc 3)Brassard-Pyatt-Dorsett 4)Boyle-Asham-Miller
Our D would look like this: 1)Girardi-Yandle 2)Streit-Mack 3)Stralman-Moore,McIlrath.

Good effort and well thought out. Staal's health is a huge factor. Certainly, both a significant bangers, shot and/or offensive force needs to be added to the defense. I wouldn't trust McIlrath just yet as we've seen how youngsters aren't always ready.

Nice breakdown though.

puckhead54
05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I think Carolina does the trade to get all the brothers on 1 team. They want Mark and I'm sure Sather can work some magic he's great at trades not so good at FA's but great on trades.

SLY WILLIAMS
05-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Hank staying on is not looking good due to his recent comments and he has hinted it has to due with Torts

I think Hank wants to stay. Where did he hint it had to do with Torts? I have not seen that. I would not be surprised but I never heard him mention it.

beast023
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Prongers last 2 years of that deal were for almost no money so it wont be him

true but i feel like philly would be more concerned about getting rid of his 5m cap hit for the next 4 years rather than what dollars they are actually paying him considering they are one of two teams that are already over the cap with who they have under contract. but then again the compliance buy out isnt for injured players anyway so that is a moot point.

metswon69
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 8m

Sather said any decision on Brad Richards' future with the club will be made at their organizational meetings in June.

Rangers in 7
05-29-2013, 08:23 PM
i would assume miller and kreider will be on the team long term now and will get the ice time they deserve....im perfectly fine with our centers for next year being:
steps
brass
miller
boyle

as far as the rest of the top 6 your looking at some combo of nash, steps, brass, kreider, cally, and we really need to and another scorer or true top 6 player....id be willing to trade hags for someone that fills this void

the bottom six should include zuc, miller, boyle, fast, and some combo of pyatt, asham, or another grinder that can put the puck in the net

defense your looking at something close to mcd, girardi, staal, stralman, moore, and maybe call up dylan mcillrath as a 6th dman....like talked about earlier id love to get a yandle type player which would solidify our d group, plus allow girardi to lay a role where he belongs, 4th or 5th dman

IAmARanger18
05-29-2013, 08:38 PM
That's assuming that Carolina would trade away Skinner for two players who are coming of a) a serious eye injury and b) multiple concussions?

Carolina will move whatever it takes to get Staal to Carolina to complete the family, rumor was last year they would move Skinner, but I don't want just Skinner, I want him + McBain/Faulk with him, Staal is our best defensemen on the team.

NYSPORTS98
05-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Haglen - gone, trade him
DelZotto - gone, trade him
Richards - buy him out
Staal - concussion and eye issues. Move him out, it's too risky

bsi
05-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Turns out Callahan and Hagelin both needed shoulder surgery. I hardly would have noticed that Hagelin was hurt, Callahan was a little more noticeable maybe.

nyr2002nyr
05-31-2013, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=NYSPORTS98;26341313]Haglen - gone, trade him
Richards - buy him out
Staal - concussion and eye issues. Move him out, it's too risky[/QUOTE

Why would you get rid of hags

Rangers in 7
06-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Richards - buy him out

cause hes expandable with krieder

puckhead54
06-01-2013, 04:33 PM
b
Richards - buy him out

Combined with MDZ and minor leaguer we might be able to pick up Yandle.

truckguy15
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I would move these guys because they are easily replaceable and do nothing worth keeping around if you can upgrade their positions.
boyle, pyatt, powe, eminger, newbury, stralman, and even richards (as much as I like the guy he's not worth the money at all). asham goes too because dorsett does what he does and does a better job at it... i'd like to see krieder and miller get regular ice time because they can be special players at great value.... if del zotto can be moved in a package for a point on the power play then i'd move him too because he quits too much and makes dumb mistakes. staal, mcdonagh, girardi, and moore are my top 4 defensemen without question...i hope sauer can make it back but it doesn't look too good because he's another great dman....hopefully mcilrath can make the team too because he's a monster

drotondo
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
What are peoples thoughts on bringing in some other potential bought-out players? It seems that Briere, Heatley, Lecavalier and possibly Marian Hossa (doesn't seem likely though with Hossa) are all buy-out candidates. Obviously these players have some issues, but for what they'd cost for us it might be worth the risk.

Briere is crazy inconsistent and somewhat injury prone, but he's pretty much always a beast in the postseason.

Heatley still puts up ok numbers and at 32, still might have a few good seasons left.

Lecavalier also has put up ok numbers and only 33.

Again, I know that these players have some issues, but if we do end up buying out Richards, picking up one of these guys might be worth the risk. I think all of these players are 20-30 goal scorers and would add some depth on offense.

beast023
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't mind vinny. That would give us 3 pretty good offensive centermen plus Boyle on the fourth or even potentially on the wing like they did successfully for a bit this season. He's big and strong can score is above 50% on face offs. I think in the 4-5 mil for 2-3 years wouldn't be bad. Then you could use miller on the wing where I remember reading he said he's more comfortable.

nyr1980
06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
What are peoples thoughts on bringing in some other potential bought-out players? It seems that Briere, Heatley, Lecavalier and possibly Marian Hossa (doesn't seem likely though with Hossa) are all buy-out candidates. Obviously these players have some issues, but for what they'd cost for us it might be worth the risk.

Briere is crazy inconsistent and somewhat injury prone, but he's pretty much always a beast in the postseason.

Heatley still puts up ok numbers and at 32, still might have a few good seasons left.

Lecavalier also has put up ok numbers and only 33.

Again, I know that these players have some issues, but if we do end up buying out Richards, picking up one of these guys might be worth the risk. I think all of these players are 20-30 goal scorers and would add some depth on offense.

If they do opt to buy out Richards, I think that is exactly the type of thing they'll do. There will be a number of guys who are older with big contracts that are above their current level of production, but still with good hockey in them, that are available to people. It just depends on whether Richards is bought out, who's available, who they like, and the price.

It wouldn't shock me to see them add someone under those circumstances even if they keep Richards, depending on the price. Just depends.

The next month will be very interesting.

You have to be wary though when it comes to Slats and FA signings. He's never really gotten one right.

fingerbang
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
In the NY Post, Larry Brooks writes that the Rangers are not likely to pursue Islanders captain Mark Streit as he becomes a free agent on July 5.

Elliotte Friedman noted on HNIC that teams are starting to investigate the idea of trading for Streit and signing him to a new deal before he becomes a free agent.

Brooks does say that the Rangers are expected to look into free agent Marek Zidlicky who has spent the last season and part of 2011-12 with the Devils.

Glen Sather, in 2002, traded Zidlicky when he was a Rangers prospect in a deal, with Rem Murray and Tomas Kloucek, to Nashville for Mike Dunham.

In his career, Zidlicky, 36, has 66 goals and 259 assists. 45 of his goals and 131 of his assists have come on the PP.

He played in all 48 games for the Devils last season and averaged 20:48. He is a right handed shot.

Zidlicky is coming off a three-year deal worth $12 million.

http://snyrangersblog.com/znhl-players/marek-zidlicky/buzz-no-interest-in-mark-streit-but-interest-in-marek-zidlicky/

The search for an offensive defenseman continues.

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Malkin just got 8 years 76 million so that makes the Lundqvist negotiations difficult.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Malkin just got 8 years 76 million so that makes the Lundqvist negotiations difficult.

Not really. The Bobrovski deal might have a bigger impact

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Not really. The Bobrovski deal might have a bigger impact

Not at all. Bob is a RFA. He has no leverage compared to Hank.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Not at all. Bob is a RFA. He has no leverage compared to Hank.

The team has already said they want to keep him and told the agent to "assume he has won the Vezina" and lets work a deal from that point. Leverage or not them playing the same position will mean more then him and Malkin

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
The team has already said they want to keep him and told the agent to "assume he has won the Vezina" and lets work a deal from that point. Leverage or not them playing the same position will mean more then him and Malkin

RFAs don't get what UFAs get. The organization basically has its RFAs by the balls because they're not a threat to test free agency.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
RFAs don't get what UFAs get. The organization basically has its RFAs by the balls because they're not a threat to test free agency.

I understand that. But the comparison to Malkins deal is silly IMO

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I understand that. But the comparison to Malkins deal is silly IMO

They're both potiantial hall of fame talents. Lundqvist is going to ask for a lot. I don't think he'll get as much as Malkin but the Malkin extension will definitely be used by his agent. Lundqvist's deal is going to look a lot more like Malkin's than Bob's deal.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
They're both potiantial hall of fame talents. Lundqvist is going to ask for a lot. I don't think he'll get as much as Malkin but the Malkin extension will definitely be used by his agent. Lundqvist's deal is going to look a lot more like Malkin's than Bob's deal.

Man i hope you are wrong!!!! But if you are they might want to think about other options

beast023
06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
For what it's worth, Pekka Rinne, who I consider to be the most comparable goaltender to hank, signed a 7 year $49 million deal with the preds last summer, when he was 29 years of age I believe. He and hank are 8 months apart almost to the day. So that should be about as close to market value as it gets.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 03:57 PM
For what it's worth, Pekka Rinne, who I consider to be the most comparable goaltender to hank, signed a 7 year $49 million deal with the preds last summer, when he was 29 years of age I believe. He and hank are 8 months apart almost to the day. So that should be about as close to market value as it gets.

I agree. And that will be nowhere close to Malkins deal and crazy 9.5 cap #

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm gonna say 8 years 64 million.

We lost oak to a permaban today so we're down to like 9 guys in the forum.

J4KOP99
06-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I really hope it's not that high FB... He has to know that if he takes anything too high, it will subsequently hurt the rest of the roster. It's not like he's not making his $$. I think Hank is smart enough and conscious enough that he won't pull any **** on the FO.

Sucks about Oak. I wonder what he did.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm gonna say 8 years 64 million.

We lost oak to a permaban today so we're down to like 9 guys in the forum.

What why?

fingerbang
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Idk i was scrolling down psd and i saw his name in village of the banned or w.e its called. Oak will be missed.

nyr2002nyr
06-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Idk i was scrolling down psd and i saw his name in village of the banned or w.e its called. Oak will be missed.

"Permabanned for an inappropriate post. Had 16 infractions, 5 bans, and numerous pm warnings to stop violating rules and behavior never really changed."

Rangers in 7
06-13-2013, 11:55 PM
hank should know he can take less and still make more in nyc

SLY WILLIAMS
06-14-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm disappointed to hear about Oak. He never gave me any trouble. A couple of times I saw he might have a situation in other forums so I spoke up to try and help him and also sent him a message trying to avoid something like this happening. He seemed to appreciate my help. I just wish he did not let it get to this point. I agree he will be missed.

This forum is pretty easy to run because you guys stay within the rules. I would like to keep you all posting here so if you see an issue please just click report post or send me (or another mod) a PM instead of responding to another poster that goes too far.

Okay back to the thread. I think most the big name players will be staying. The only one really in question contract wise is Brad. With that said coming in to this season I thought we had 3 1st line guys. Now it seems we are down to Nash. Maybe we can sign a buyout guy. I think Heatley has slowed considerably. I have not seen Vinny play in a while but I would be interested in him as a big center man.

In regards to Hank we have to sign him even if it was just to trade him down the road. We can not let our biggest asset walk for nothing.

metswon69
06-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah that's too bad about Oak, he was a good poster. I pmed him a couple of times telling him to tread lightly and be careful but i guess he broke the rules one too many times.

I would buy out Richards definitely, and Eminger, Sauer, Clowe, Gilroy, and Hamrlik should or will be gone.

bsi
06-14-2013, 02:34 AM
I realise the cap implications and I also realise it's likely to happen that we buy out Richards but I just don't think he's done yet. I look at our forwards and outside of Brassard this playoffs there's really been nobody that played well and moving a puck moving player to the fourth line and expecting him to succeed was akin to moving Stu Bickel to the first line LW. The cap reality is that he's gone but someone is about to get a good player for cheap.

NYSPORTS98
06-14-2013, 10:47 AM
hank should know he can take less and still make more in nyc

He appears to love the lifestyle and you can't buy that. He's a celebrity in a very big playground. More millions from another team doesn't mean that city has as big a playground (broadway, all the restaurants, the nightclubs, etc).

SLY WILLIAMS
06-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I realise the cap implications and I also realise it's likely to happen that we buy out Richards but I just don't think he's done yet. I look at our forwards and outside of Brassard this playoffs there's really been nobody that played well and moving a puck moving player to the fourth line and expecting him to succeed was akin to moving Stu Bickel to the first line LW. The cap reality is that he's gone but someone is about to get a good player for cheap.

I hope Brad is not done because I like the guy. I also know we need top line players. I would consider keeping Brad this season unless a younger better guy becomes available. I'm curious about the Vincent Lecavalier situation. Does he have anything left? Would he be worth signing if cut?

bsi
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
I hope Brad is not done because I like the guy. I also know we need top line players. I would consider keeping Brad this season unless a younger better guy becomes available. I'm curious about the Vincent Lecavalier situation. Does he have anything left? Would he be worth signing if cut?

I think Lecavalier will have his eyes set on Montreal if he is bought out. He won't need the money to be big so he'll go where he wants to.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-14-2013, 02:30 PM
I think Lecavalier will have his eyes set on Montreal if he is bought out. He won't need the money to be big so he'll go where he wants to.

How is he as a player now? I'm sure he is not in his prime but can he still be a #1 center?

Rangers in 7
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
playing with nash i think he can be a #1 guy

bsi
06-14-2013, 09:28 PM
How is he as a player now? I'm sure he is not in his prime but can he still be a #1 center?

Lecavalier? I don't know, I think if he were in a bigger market maybe, but I consider him as a downgrade to Stepan and Brassard(atleast how he's played in NY thus far) right now,. In Montreal he'd be a #1 or a #2, but because of his size likely the #1. Thing is with these buyouts the player is really in luck because they don't have to look for contracts, they already get paid and they can just go wherever it is they want to play.

Same thing goes for Richards. I know he chose NY so it might suck for him but if I were him I'd be looking at a team like Detroit right now if I were bought out, sign for 5 years 12 mill and play hockey under a coach who would welcome him, it's a win win for those teams that sign them and the players themselves. It's the only reason I could see NY keeping him with their current cap situation, for fear of a team like Boston or Pitsburgh signing him cheap and getting a quality player for nothing. Put Crosby with Neal and Kunitz and Dupuis with Richards and Malkin and it starts to look a little scary, especially with a determined Richards after a bad year. I know we're kind of in cap hell but it's risky to just let a player who is a couple years away from a 91 point season just walk away for nothing and have the ability to choose whatever team he wants and not worry about money. The teams that will be most interested are the teams that are cup contenders with little cap space.

Rangers in 7
06-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Lecavalier? I don't know, I think if he were in a bigger market maybe, but I consider him as a downgrade to Stepan and Brassard(atleast how he's played in NY thus far) right now,. In Montreal he'd be a #1 or a #2, but because of his size likely the #1. Thing is with these buyouts the player is really in luck because they don't have to look for contracts, they already get paid and they can just go wherever it is they want to play.

Same thing goes for Richards. I know he chose NY so it might suck for him but if I were him I'd be looking at a team like Detroit right now if I were bought out, sign for 5 years 12 mill and play hockey under a coach who would welcome him, it's a win win for those teams that sign them and the players themselves. It's the only reason I could see NY keeping him with their current cap situation, for fear of a team like Boston or Pitsburgh signing him cheap and getting a quality player for nothing. Put Crosby with Neal and Kunitz and Dupuis with Richards and Malkin and it starts to look a little scary, especially with a determined Richards after a bad year. I know we're kind of in cap hell but it's risky to just let a player who is a couple years away from a 91 point season just walk away for nothing and have the ability to choose whatever team he wants and not worry about money. The teams that will be most interested are the teams that are cup contenders with little cap space.

while i agree with you i dont think richards has much left in the tank...will he still be successful yes, but that cap hit is just terrible for us going forward

bsi
06-15-2013, 02:50 PM
while i agree with you i dont think richards has much left in the tank...will he still be successful yes, but that cap hit is just terrible for us going forward

Ya, thing is I'm guessing that Vigneault will want him there, but that's just my guess.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-15-2013, 04:03 PM
I like that I see so many Rangers players hanging out with each other in the off season. That shows me they are real friends and that should help our team unity. I have seen Hags, MDZ, Lundy and Mats all hanging out at times. Steps and McD also seem tight. :)

freddy686
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
with the hireing of vancouvers head coach .. I can see trades with them at the draft..