PDA

View Full Version : Are you more of a Kobe fan or Lebron fan?

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Are you more of a Kobe fan or Lebron fan? If a fan of neither then just vote neither. Just trying to see on this site how many fans we have of each.

lpdunks8
05-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, so it's Kobe. If Lebron was on LAL and Kobe on Mia; I'd be more of a Lebron fan. Depends on which one is on my fav team.

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Kobe because of his crazy mentality for the game. Also he is more of a showman on the court, games with kobe in them have potential to become instant classics on any given night.

KnicksorBust
05-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I think Kobe is underrated by many, even people I deem intelligent posters, so I tend to support him more whereas LeBron's greatness is basically undeniably at this point.

ManRam
05-27-2013, 03:54 PM
kobe is going to win this poll. we all know this.

Bruno
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM
I think Kobe is underrated by many, even people I deem intelligent posters, so I tend to support him more whereas LeBron's greatness is basically undeniably at this point.

well said.

ManRam
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
I think Kobe is underrated by many, even people I deem intelligent posters, so I tend to support him more

you can say that about either of these two guys though. they're so polarizing. many people here underrate and overrate both. i actually only started to like lebron because this site gave me the opposite impression you've gotten. it's less of a case now since his greatness is unavoidable, but over the past 5 years he got way more **** than he deserved, much like kobe does at times as well.

bucketss
05-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Lebroninites Unite!

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Lebroninites Unite!

thought it was leboners?

NYKalltheway
05-27-2013, 04:13 PM
why not an option for both? :shrug:

Dade County
05-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Neither:

One if them is the most hyped athlete ever (lol)

And the other has no problem throwing games (well both of them do, who am I trying to kid)

Slug3
05-27-2013, 04:16 PM
So is this really A) do you hate Kobe more or B) do you hate Lebron more.

Slug3
05-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Double post.

Goose17
05-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Lebron. I just prefer watching him play, more physically dominant, faster, stronger, incredible skill set.

On top of that I'm a dubs fan, how could I ever back Kobe?

lakersiznumber1
05-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you more of a Kobe fan or Lebron fan? If a fan of neither then just vote neither. Just trying to see on this site how many fans we have of each.

kobe because he never gives up and gives it his all. The nba will miss him when hes gone. the closest thing to mj

sportscrazed
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't like either but I hate flopping so I prefer the mamba.

Trueblue2
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm both... I'd rather see Kobe win than Lebron, but I am enjoying watching Lebron build his legacy and rooting for him.

RaiderLakersA's
05-27-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm always going to be a fan of the guy that has to fight and claw to be great. The kind of guy that when he reaches the pinnacle of his game, he just keeps fighting and clawing to be even better.

I take nothing away from LeBron. It's not his fault that he was born a superlatively gifted physical specimen in the way that Wilt or Shaq were and are.

But Kobe has this on lock. LeBron could re-write the record books, but at the end of the day I'll probably see it more as a man living up to his potential. He is "The Chosen One" after all.

But Kobe? No one expected Kobe's career to be THIS phenomenal. No one. And it's all because some tall, gangly kid fell in love with the g.o.a.t., decided in his own personal arrogance that he could exceed him, and then went out there and gave it his all to try and do just that.

Did he fall short? Sure. But among those sports minds that matter, including Phil Jackson, who considers it a coin toss, there is no question about which 2-guard is coming off the board after Jordan gets picked in the hypothetical Hall of Fame game that we often talk about here and around other sports forums. None.

I don't know what LeBron will yet do in his career, but he still has quite a bit of work left to do to come off the board before some of the other present/future Hall of Fame forwards on my list. In fact, if Tim Duncan is considered a forward and not a center, the challenge gets steeper. I'm sure LBJ is up to it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the kid's career unfolds.

Iron24th
05-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Kobe because of his crazy mentality for the game. Also he is more of a showman on the court, games with kobe in them have potential to become instant classics on any given night.
This

And this.

NYMetros
05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
It's really the teams that they are on that make me not like them. LA fans are annoying, and Miami fans are just the worst. I was a huge LBJ fan with Cleveland. And I respect Kobe a ton but his fans make me want to root against him.

Kashmir13579
05-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Good post.

naps
05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
I love watching team oriented basketball because it's a team sport. That's what the coaches preach the first time you touch the ball as kid. It's a no-brainer which one to like from that perspective and when you know the talent gap is so huge it's a laughable comparison for me.

Kid Fabulous
05-27-2013, 05:18 PM
As a Suns fan, I hate Kobe, but definitely respect his game and all he's accomplished. But I go with LeBron. To me, he's the best basketball player I've ever seen (Born in '84). Been following him since H.S. and even with all the pressure and hype before he even stepped foot on a NBA court, he's lived up to the billing.

mngopher35
05-27-2013, 05:23 PM

You can say this about either of them. Most all-time greats actually.

you can say that about either of these two guys though. they're so polarizing. many people here underrate and overrate both. i actually only started to like lebron because this site gave me the opposite impression you've gotten. it's less of a case now since his greatness is unavoidable, but over the past 5 years he got way more **** than he deserved, much like kobe does at times as well.

I agree manram, each of these players is underrated/overrated by a lot of people.

Lebron for me, I have watched him since high school and really like his style of play. Kobe is a great player, but I tend to root against the lakers. I am glad I got to see both of their careers though. Very different styles to watch and both amazing in their own ways.

DreamShaker
05-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I really have enjoyed them both greatly over the years, but I lean towards Lebron. I just have always rooted against the Lakers with the exception of whenever they played Webber's Kings or Nash's Suns. But both guys are two of the best ever, and I enjoy them both.

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I love watching team oriented basketball because it's a team sport. That's what the coaches preach the first time you touch the ball as kid. It's a no-brainer which one to like from that perspective and when you know the talent gap is so huge it's a laughable comparison for me.

I agree, Lebron is more team oriented, that's why he passes during the final moments of a game. not because he is afraid of the pressure like some Lebron haters think. I also agree with the talent gap analysis, Kobe is far more talented and skilled. lebrons size, strength and athleticism makes up for it though.

Lake_Show2416
05-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Kobe cuz im a Lakers fan & ive always respected his unmatched work ethic paired with his sheer determination. Lebron has always bothered me cuz he came off as if he derserved something without working for it & he was never as dominate as his athletic ability would suggest. i believe he is barely realizing his full potential. also he never responded well towards negative criticism bout him unlike other stars that were smooth bout the critics

naps
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree, Lebron is more team oriented, that's why he passes during the final moments of a game. not because he is afraid of the pressure like some Lebron haters think. I also agree with the talent gap analysis, Kobe is far more talented and skilled. lebrons size, strength and athleticism makes up for it though.

LeBron is probably the most talented basketball player of all-time. I am not sure Kobe cracks top 50 in terms of talent. He was just put in the perfect situation. Vince Carter or T-Mac or AI would have achieved just as much or more if they were in LA.

PhillyFaninLA
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I am a fan of Lebron and I hate Kobe (the human being not the basketball player)

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 05:41 PM
LeBron is probably the most talented basketball player of all-time. I am not sure Kobe cracks top 50 in terms of talent. He was just put in the perfect situation. Vince Carter or T-Mac or AI would have achieved just as much or more if they were in LA.
Really? Ok I respect your opinion but Kobe has worked his *** off to achieve the level of skill he is at right now. Far more skilled than Lebron. Ill accept the talent statement when you factor in physical attributes as well. Vince carter? Ai? Really? I really like tmac but let's be honest. Kobe was better than tmac in almost every aspect of the game.

Swashcuff
05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Both? :shrug:

I can't stand Kobe "fans" but that doesn't make him less like able as a player, I only wish A.I. had his mental, he'd still be in the league.

naps
05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Far more skilled than Lebron.

Agreed, but only in costing his own team wins after wins by selfishly jacking up 30 shots a night. LeBron is more skilled at everything else you can name.

Kobe was better than tmac in almost every aspect of the game.

LOL don't kid yourself.

RaiderLakersA's
05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Vince Carter or T-Mac or AI would have achieved just as much or more if they were in LA.

In the NBA great players can still make an impact without ever winning a title, no matter what situation they're in, or what logo they have on the jersey. The argument can be made...and has been made in other threads...that both cousins played on more talented teams than some of the teams that Kobe played on in the post Shaq era. For many people, Kobe didn't really become the top 1 - 3 superstar in the league until after Shaq was gone. Vince Carter and T-Mac were great. But they've never been consistently ranked in the top 3 players in the league. That is pretty damning, if you ask me.

bucketss
05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Neither:

One if them is the most hyped athlete ever (lol)

And the other has no problem throwing games (well both of them do, who am I trying to kid)

i thought they were just taking orders?

matt800
05-27-2013, 05:58 PM
I like Kobe's work ethic, ability to hit clutch shots over his career, and entertainment value. I like Lebron's unique athleticism.

Kobe's choices in game can get annoying and so can Lebron's. Kobe could benefit from doing more of what Lebron does as far as facilitating, and Lebron could benefit from doing more of what Kobe does as far as taking over games.

I don't really like the Heat team as they just don't seem to be as dominant as they are capable of being, and they seem to be pretty low character people. I think the Laker's are just slightly more appreciable, as Kobe at least seems to know he's got a lot of faults, and Pau seems pretty respectable. That said they also haven't been playing to their capability.

I think I am more in favor of Kobe, all things considered.

Aust
05-27-2013, 05:59 PM
The Kobe hate is legit.. and sad.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I use to like Kobe then I realized how big of a dick he was. Lebron isn't as big of a dick and he's better so the choice was obvious.

PleaseBeNice
05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
This whole thread I basically praising Kobe. What are you talking about

naps
05-27-2013, 06:10 PM

LOL. Your biased just came out. You don't see the LeBron hate? Or you are just looking at the poll? Ofcourse, most people will like the better basketball player and better human being.

AWC713
05-27-2013, 06:18 PM
...what if you like both players?

i love kobe's mentality and his umatched work ethic.

i also enjoy lebron, because, well, i think he'll end up at the GOAT

Hawkeye15
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Derrr

Hawkeye15
05-27-2013, 06:22 PM

I can't stand Kobe "fans" but that doesn't make him less like able as a player, I only wish A.I. had his mental, he'd still be in the league.

I have always disliked Kobe. But it doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching him play. I love watching great players, I simply "like" LeBron exponentially more. But when all is said and done, and Kobe is 50, I am 54, I will be happy that I was able to watch his career from beginning to end.

Bookey
05-27-2013, 06:42 PM
The question is who do people love to hate more Kobe or Lebron?

Lakerhead4ever
05-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Kobe for me. Lebron will possibly have a better career but I'll choose Kobe 9 times out of 10. Here's why. I understand Kobe's flaws, but his pride and approach towards the game is second to none. Which is why I love him. He can care less what anyone thinks, says, or does to him. He does what the **** he wants to do. To me that's what makes great players. The Lebrons and Durants does everything's their told to do. They do nothing wrong. Kobe/Duncan era is the last of its kind. Sometimes I look at Kobe and be like " I wish he didn't do that, or say that" but then I realize that's what makes him Kobe. Even with this injury he has now, I know that he's going to come back stronger. That's just who kobe is. We all know it. Most just won't accept it.

ManRam
05-27-2013, 06:58 PM

i've done better at separating obnoxious fans from the actual player. disliking a guy because his fans dickride him is a horrible reason to dislike someone. sometimes it's hard, but i think most of us are victims to it. i've grown to appreciate kobe a lot more lately. i actually used to love him in his mini-fro days, than got exposed to his fans and the media hype machine and started hating him, and now i'm kinda back to my earlier ways. kobe is a joy to watch, and that's all that should matter. although, his personality does rub me the wrong way...but again, i'm trying to learn how to just enjoy good basketball...and kobe is obviously so wildly unique. wouldn't be fair to myself to not let myself at least somewhat enjoy it.

i'm kinda surprised lebron is leading. this place certainly has shifted a lot of the past ~2 years

RLundi
05-27-2013, 07:10 PM
I enjoy both of their games?

I'd say I like LeBron a little more because there's just something about the underdog that intrigues me. I guess he's not an underdog in the traditional sense of the word but he receives so much hate that I tend to counterbalance that. When LBJ was on Cleveland I despised him. Then when he left and he got as much hate and scrutiny as he did, I started to root for him, if not for anything than to shut the haters and whiners up.

Contrary to what many people might think, just because someone likes LeBron doesn't mean he has to automatically dislike Kobe; I like them both. Kobe a little less though because he comes across as a douchebag sometimes.

I like Bron and I like Kobe. And I honestly don't see why it has to be either/or.

3RDASYSTEM
05-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Had he done this with a NETS-HORNETS org. from day1 til now then he would be vastly underrated

but going to the same franchise and by going I mean swindled his way to a 55win team previous yr and signing SHAQ and not to mention WEST won 1 ring but went to 10 Finals with same franchise

its hard to compare developing talent vs undeniable day1 'greatness'

yankeefan54
05-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Lebron by far guy gets way to much heat from fans.

amos1er
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Based on what lol. There are way more Lebronites on this site than there are Laker fans. It's been that way for quite some time now and this new poll proves that.

amos1er
05-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Lebron by far guy gets way to much heat from fans.

I agree. I would argue that he is the most overrated athlete in sports history. Not denying that he isn't great or anything or that he isn't the best in the league currently. It's just that after one ring, there are Lebronites who say he is top five of all time. lol

amos1er
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I enjoy both of their games?

I'd say I like LeBron a little more because there's just something about the underdog that intrigues me. I guess he's not an underdog in the traditional sense of the word but he receives so much hate that I tend to counterbalance that. When LBJ was on Cleveland I despised him. Then when he left and he got as much hate and scrutiny as he did, I started to root for him, if not for anything than to shut the haters and whiners up.

Contrary to what many people might think, just because someone likes LeBron doesn't mean he has to automatically dislike Kobe; I like them both. Kobe a little less though because he comes across as a douchebag sometimes.

I like Bron and I like Kobe. And I honestly don't see why it has to be either/or.

Thats cool. I would say I'm the same. Despite what people think I don't really hate Lebron per se. I just can't stand the fact that he is overrated tremendously. One ring later and people want to proclaim him the GOAT. Lol it's unreal. People called him "The King" right out of highschool and he hadn't done **** yet. I just don't get it. I think he is the best in the NBA right now for sure and that he is a top 20 player of all time. I guess it's just unpopular on here to actually be objective and tell the truth. lol Maybe if I said Lebron was top five and that Wade and Bosh both suck and are riding Lebron's coattails I would get the royal treatment around here. Sorry, I just can't lie like that. I have be honest. No matter how much unwarranted scrutiny I get.

ChitownSports16
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Kobe... Lakers have always been my 2nd BB team.

JordansBulls
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
why not an option for both? :shrug:

Because you either like one more than the other. If you listed your favorite players all time, you would rank them in order and not just say both are tied.

ArmLaker
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Kobe for me. The fact that he's the closest thing to MJ can attest to that. I will start comparing their careers once its all said and done but not now. Physical attributes and gifts, LeBron will take it anyday over Kobe. Skill, smarts, hard work, Kobe all day. In the end I prefer Kobe.

Off topic: If Kobe returns back from this serious career threatening injury and manages to somehow muster up 2-3 titles all the while STILL being the best on the team, would any of you fans even consider putting him level with MJ if not even better? Just a serious thought because we all know Kobe is licking his chops for this right now.

IversonIsKrazy
05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
I hate LBJ. And love Kobe even though I hate Lakers. Always been a fan of Kobe, and have hated LeBron since July 2010 lol. So yea

PC
05-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I like Kobe's demeanor more but as a player, it's easily LeBron.

sunnyice
05-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Thats cool. I would say I'm the same. Despite what people think I don't really hate Lebron per se. I just can't stand the fact that he is overrated tremendously. One ring later and people want to proclaim him the GOAT. Lol it's unreal. People called him "The King" right out of highschool and he hadn't done **** yet. I just don't get it. I think he is the best in the NBA right now for sure and that he is a top 20 player of all time. I guess it's just unpopular on here to actually be objective and tell the truth. lol Maybe if I said Lebron was top five and that Wade and Bosh both suck and are riding Lebron's coattails I would get the royal treatment around here. Sorry, I just can't lie like that. I have be honest. No matter how much unwarranted scrutiny I get.

So you dont like lebron because "People call him the king and goat"? How can you blame lebron for that?

Many kobephiles say that kobe is better than Jordan, is that a valid reason to hate on Kobe?

raiderposting
05-27-2013, 08:25 PM
So you dont like lebron because "People call him the king and goat"? How can you blame lebron for that?

Many kobephiles say that kobe is better than Jordan, is that a valid reason to hate on Kobe?

Many probably say their work ethic is on par but I doubt their are MANY who think he's better than lebron other than a couple delusional ones if there are any.- coming from a huge kobe fan.

Blitzbolt
05-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Lebron all the way and its not even close for me.

99%
1%

numba1CHANGsta
05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Both are great basketball players, but Kobe plays with more heart and emotion than LeBron

Ill21
05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I like both tbh

5ass
05-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I agree. I would argue that he is the most overrated athlete in sports history. Not denying that he isn't great or anything or that he isn't the best in the league currently. It's just that after one ring, there are Lebronites who say he is top five of all time. lol

and their are kobephiles that say kobe is 2nd to mj. Their are also people that say Bill russel is the GOAT, same with magic. So why the double standard?

KingstonHawke
05-27-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm a life long Kobe fan living in South Beach. My dream is Kobe playing for the Heat.

c.c.
05-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Neither but LeBron is more efficient and mans up when ever his team loses instead of blaming others like Kobe. I respect LeBron more, I probably would of been a fan if he would of brought a championship to Cleveland.

Antiam17
05-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Like them both, but am going LeBron just a tad more. More of a team oriented player.

Lesdawg1978
05-27-2013, 09:52 PM
LeBron and it isn't even close. Kobe is a great player, don't get me wrong BUT if you can contain his scoring (see Tayshaun Prince and Paul Pierce), then he's rendered useless. He can't affect a basketball game on any other point of the floor without dominating the ball and scoring. He had a 5 game stretch this season of like 8 or more assist and ESPN and everyone else was going crazy (smh). That's a shame....

LBJ is a walking triple double. He can affect the game from anywhere on the court and that includes defense. When it's all said and done, he will be 2nd, only to Jordan himself.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Lebron = Goat.

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 10:01 PM
LeBron and it isn't even close. Kobe is a great player, don't get me wrong BUT if you can contain his scoring (see Tayshaun Prince and Paul Pierce), then he's rendered useless. He can't affect a basketball game on any other point of the floor without dominating the ball and scoring. He had a 5 game stretch this season of like 8 or more assist and ESPN and everyone else was going crazy (smh). That's a shame....

LBJ is a walking triple double. He can affect the game from anywhere on the court and that includes defense. When it's all said and done, he will be 2nd, only to Jordan himself.

walking triple double? he only has about 35 in his entire career. big o earned 41 in one season, to put that into perspective. Kobe is rendered useless when you take his scoring away? hahah that is absurd. He is asked to be the primarily the main scoring option, but if needed he has more than enough skills to do anything required to win games.

farren.louis
05-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I think most of real men easily see that both Kobe and lebron had championships giving to them unlike other superstars of the past who actually competed for what they wanted. Both of these guys are scrubs in my opinion

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I think most of real men easily see that both Kobe and lebron had championships giving to them unlike other superstars of the past who actually competed for what they wanted. Both of these guys are scrubs in my opinion

lol stupid, every team that wins a ring has a lot of help. Hence them winning the championship. Also most legends of the game have had tons of help..jordan, larry, kobe, duncan, russell, shaq etc.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Both are great basketball players, but Kobe plays with more heart and emotion than LeBron

but he never played basketball as good..

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-27-2013, 10:09 PM
but he never played basketball as good..

Lebron is just lucky he's a freight train that never gets called for offensive fouls, and plays in a terrible era. Kobe has way better skills. Lebron is just physically gifted unlike Kobe. Lebron would be Goat if he had the mind of Kobe.

farren.louis
05-27-2013, 10:11 PM
��

farren.louis
05-27-2013, 10:12 PM
lol stupid, every team that wins a ring has a lot of help. Hence them winning the championship. Also most legends of the game have had tons of help..jordan, larry, kobe, duncan, russell, shaq etc.

It's not about the help. I consider lebron a scrub because he quit on Cleveland . I consider Kobe a scrub ; he is always bashing his teammates the twitter thing showed his true colors. Rather than rooting his team on he puts everyone on blast. Their boys not men

Lesdawg1978
05-27-2013, 10:37 PM
walking triple double? he only has about 35 in his entire career. big o earned 41 in one season, to put that into perspective. Kobe is rendered useless when you take his scoring away? hahah that is absurd. He is asked to be the primarily the main scoring option, but if needed he has more than enough skills to do anything required to win games.

Do you know what the term "walking triple double" even means? Doubt that you do so I'll do this free of charge. On any given night, LBJ can get a triple double because his game dictates that. If you think otherwise, you know nothing about Bball. If you see LeBron get a triple double, are you shocked? He had one against the Pacers in game 1 of the series. Let's say he get's another in game 4, would you be surprised? Now, let me ask the same about Kobe....would you be surprised to see Kobe show up with a triple double?

Furthermore, Kobe has been in the league 17 years and has 12 Triple Doubles. LBJ has been in the league 10 years and has 24.

As for your comment about Kobe's primary objective being the scoring option.....LBJ is that, the facilitator, the rebounder, the defender and the undisputed team leader on the Heat. He's asked night in and night out to guard the best players on each team and not to mention he can successfully guard positions 1-4 on the court.

I suggest you go back and watch the 2005 playoff series between the Lakers and Phoenix. Watch the very last game, 2nd half of that series. I then suggest you go back and watch the 2004 NBA finals when he got shut down by Prince. Then, I suggest you go and look at the 2010 playoffs where the Lakers got swept by the Mavs (Kobe had 16 pts 3 rbs and 1 ast LOL). Then I suggest you go back and watch the 2007/08 Finals against the Celtics when Pierce was locking Kobe up.

Kobe is a HOF and will go down as one of the greats in this game, there's no debating that. But when you break down his game, he can't affect the game the way LBJ can without scoring. I mean, everybody knows that though, right?

RLundi
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Is there a dictionary definition for "walking triple double"?

Or at least Urban Dictionary?

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM

Your kidding right? Lebron a fans are all over the place on psd

Wade n Fade
05-27-2013, 10:54 PM
I think Kobe is one of the most overrated players the league has seen. He is good, but not a top 5 player of all time that people say he is. He was carried by Shaq, and had help from Gasol. He has never done anything on his own and nobody will ever do that. I would take Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Wade, Lebron, Jordan, Malone, Stockton, KG, Paul Pierce, Bird, Magic, MJ, Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, etc (in no particular order) over Kobrick. He is not clutch at all according to sabermetrics and new age statistics. I am glad he is a fraud because I am tired of people riding him 24/7.

goingfor28
05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Can't stand either team. That said. I would prefer Kobe

Hellcrooner
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Neither.
I m a fan of Duncan, aka the best player of the last 15 years.

goingfor28
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I think Kobe is one of the most overrated players the league has seen. He is good, but not a top 5 player of all time that people say he is. He was carried by Shaq, and had help from Gasol. He has never done anything on his own and nobody will ever do that. I would take Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Wade, Lebron, Jordan, Malone, Stockton, KG, Paul Pierce, Bird, Magic, MJ, Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, etc (in no particular order) over Kobrick. He is not clutch at all according to sabermetrics and new age statistics. I am glad he is a fraud because I am tired of people riding him 24/7.

Lol. Shaq didn't carry him. And How can u say all that as a heat fan. Lebron ditched his hometown to team up and make a super friends team

And Stockton, pierce, wade over Kobe? :laugh2:

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 10:59 PM

I should quote you for this but nah you ain't worth it... Lol at this ignorant statement

naps
05-27-2013, 11:02 PM
He keeps shooting his team out of game just to get hot and get all the credit for the win (Even Phil Jackson validated this). Then starts calling out teammates for the loss. That's his mentality. Mentality and emotion? My ***! Top 60 talent? May be. That's about it. Just were lucky to be put in a perfect situation.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Lol. Shaq didn't carry him. And How can u say all that as a heat fan. Lebron ditched his hometown to team up and make a super friends team

And Stockton, pierce, wade over Kobe? :laugh2:That guy made one of the worst post in the thread.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Agreed, but only in costing his own team wins after wins by selfishly jacking up 30 shots a night. LeBron is more skilled at everything else you can name.

LOL don't kid yourself.

So lebron has a better post game? Better footwork? Better handles? Better jumper? Lol ok kid don't fool yourself

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 11:12 PM
It's not about the help. I consider lebron a scrub because he quit on Cleveland . I consider Kobe a scrub ; he is always bashing his teammates the twitter thing showed his true colors. Rather than rooting his team on he puts everyone on blast. Their boys not men

Kobe just tries to light a fire under his teammates he wants them to be just as good as he is , never have i ever seen him blame one of his teammates though

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Neither.
I m a fan of Duncan, aka the best player of the last 15 years.

This

Jordan btw

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Do you know what the term "walking triple double" even means? Doubt that you do so I'll do this free of charge. On any given night, LBJ can get a triple double because his game dictates that. If you think otherwise, you know nothing about Bball. If you see LeBron get a triple double, are you shocked? He had one against the Pacers in game 1 of the series. Let's say he get's another in game 4, would you be surprised? Now, let me ask the same about Kobe....would you be surprised to see Kobe show up with a triple double?

Furthermore, Kobe has been in the league 17 years and has 12 Triple Doubles. LBJ has been in the league 10 years and has 24.

As for your comment about Kobe's primary objective being the scoring option.....LBJ is that, the facilitator, the rebounder, the defender and the undisputed team leader on the Heat. He's asked night in and night out to guard the best players on each team and not to mention he can successfully guard positions 1-4 on the court.

I suggest you go back and watch the 2005 playoff series between the Lakers and Phoenix. Watch the very last game, 2nd half of that series. I then suggest you go back and watch the 2004 NBA finals when he got shut down by Prince. Then, I suggest you go and look at the 2010 playoffs where the Lakers got swept by the Mavs (Kobe had 16 pts 3 rbs and 1 ast LOL). Then I suggest you go back and watch the 2007/08 Finals against the Celtics when Pierce was locking Kobe up.

Kobe is a HOF and will go down as one of the greats in this game, there's no debating that. But when you break down his game, he can't affect the game the way LBJ can without scoring. I mean, everybody knows that though, right?

I suggest you go look up lebron in the 2010 NBA finals where he averaged 2 points in the 4th quarter in the whole series that's way worse then anything Kobe has done ever

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-27-2013, 11:17 PM

Mods ban this 10 year old please he should be banned for saying something so stupid and delusional like this

bucketss
05-27-2013, 11:27 PM
I suggest you go look up lebron in the 2010 NBA finals where he averaged 2 points in the 4th quarter in the whole series that's way worse then anything Kobe has done ever

2010 finals was the year kobe almost choked away a game 7 vs the celtics.

LBJ6
05-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Lebron, simply because he's better than KObe, in almost all aspect of the game.

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 11:45 PM
So bandwagon fans also relocates at South Beach? Some rich fans I guess..

Probably alluding to the fact that Florida is a horrible sports state in general. And the fans around miami didn't care for the irrelevant heat until recent times. Thus becoming a bandwagon fan. Side note ,I never seen so many Miami fans on this site until after the summer of 2010. I don't know if they are legitimate band-wagoners or just heat fans who lurked for a while and just decided to join after the fact to have something to talk about. I know, I know, join date doesnt = becoming a fan date. But that summer was ridiculous for the amount of new heat posters on this site. Strange coincidence.

KingPosey
05-27-2013, 11:45 PM

Well that's semantics. The question is still the exact same in which one do you like more, no matter how it's phrased.

mightybosstone
05-27-2013, 11:46 PM
JB, this is a terrible ****ing idea for a thread. More than 50 percent of all threads turn into a Kobe vs. Lebron dick measuring contest. Why create a single thread where that is the sole purpose? C'mon dude. You're better than this.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-27-2013, 11:49 PM
JB, this is a terrible ****ing idea for a thread. More than 50 percent of all threads turn into a Kobe vs. Lebron dick measuring contest. Why create a single thread where that is the sole purpose? C'mon dude. You're better than this.

Your sig is invalid! Kobe never got a chance. You should make a new one...

jerellh528
05-27-2013, 11:52 PM
He keeps shooting his team out of game just to get hot and get all the credit for the win (Even Phil Jackson validated this). Then starts calling out teammates for the loss. That's his mentality. Mentality and emotion? My ***! Top 60 talent? May be. That's about it. Just were lucky to be put in a perfect situation.

God, the leboners are in full effect right now. What an imbecile. Just lucky? lol what about the thousands upon thousands of hours kobe puts forth in work. Its also well known that he is amongst the hardest workers, with second to none practice habits which include studying and watching tape. But no, a leboner like you dismisses dedication as "luck" hahah the hate is too apparent. I honestly, no joke want to know why you hate this man so much? why do you make it your personal vendetta to bash him? what did he personally do to you dude? Maybe I will start to bash him too if he did something wrong to a fan, so please do tell.

amos1er
05-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Neither but LeBron is more efficient and mans up when ever his team loses instead of blaming others like Kobe. I respect LeBron more, I probably would of been a fan if he would of brought a championship to Cleveland.

LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Gz724sjAQ

#hypocrisy

enitialdee
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
I hate everything associated with the lakers, the players, that's stupid ugly color scheme, and most of all their cocky, obnoxious fanbase.. Woohoo LBJ!!!!

jerellh528

Lebron didnt quit on cleveland. He was an unrestricted free agent who owed cleveland nothing. He just was chasing rings is all. And kobe, bashing teammates on twitter? I dont think i read those tweets, but lemme get this straight, you dont like a player because of tweets?

mightybosstone
Your sig is invalid! Kobe never got a chance. You should make a new one...
I will when Kobe gets a new Achilles. ;)

SACNYY
05-27-2013, 11:57 PM
And those answers are why the NBA forum is a joke.

smith&wesson
05-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I voted kb24

I'm really a fan of both though. Lebrons next era

amos1er
05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
God, the leboners are in full effect right now. What an imbecile. Just lucky? lol what about the thousands upon thousands of hours kobe puts forth in work. Its also well known that he is amongst the hardest workers, with second to none practice habits which include studying and watching tape. But no, a leboner like you dismisses dedication as "luck" hahah the hate is too apparent. I honestly, no joke want to know why you hate this man so much? why do you make it your personal vendetta to bash him? what did he personally do to you dude? Maybe I will start to bash him too if he did something wrong to a fan, so please do tell.

:laugh:

They have been in full effect for quite sometime now. Lebron goes and forms a superteam, finally wins a ring and these guys proclaim him a top five player of all time. Talk about delusional. I honestly don't even mind Lebron all that much and I think he is the best player in the league right now. It's just that his fans are god awful and overrate him more than anything I have ever seen. Truthfully the worst fans in all of sports.

Lakers + Giants

LMFAO really?!?! top 60? Hahahaaha. Ahh ****. You actually made me laugh.

ILLUSIONIST^248

Oh great, then it's time to change it because Kobe is already in rehab and is way ahead of schedule :)

amos1er

Oooo cheap shot. Don't expect any better from the likes of you though.

RiceOnTheRun
05-28-2013, 12:02 AM
kobe because he never gives up the ball and gives it his all. The nba will miss him when hes gone. the closest thing to mj

There, fixed it for you :)

ILLUSIONIST^248

They have been in full effect for quite sometime now. Lebron goes and forms a superteam, finally wins a ring and these guys proclaim him a top five player of all time. Talk about delusional. I honestly don't even mind Lebron all that much and I think he is the best player in the league right now. It's just that his fans are god awful and overrate him more than anything I have ever seen. Truthfully the worst fans in all of sports.

^

amos1er
LMFAO really?!?! top 60? Hahahaaha. Ahh ****. You actually made me laugh.

I honestly think he is trying to lose what little credibility he has left.

smith&wesson
05-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Kobe is the 2nd best shooting guard of all time. I dont know why people like to discredit that.

jerellh528
05-28-2013, 12:06 AM
I honestly think he is trying to lose what little credibility he has left.

Naps has 0 credibility in the NBA forum, and thats been for some time now. I dont know what kinda stuff he posts in the other forums, but in NBA main most of his garbage just makes me laugh. Hes almost as bad as justinum1

mngopher35
05-28-2013, 12:12 AM
I see a lot of potential for great discussion in this thread...

Nevermind.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 12:19 AM
I see a lot of potential for great discussion in this thread...

Nevermind.

Haha. Nicely done.

K.I.N.G.
05-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Why does there have to be an or?

Aust
05-28-2013, 12:53 AM

I remember seeing a quote a month or two after he won his ring. It went something like, "The NBA, where winning 1 ring gets you compared to Jordan."

amos1er
05-28-2013, 01:01 AM
I remember seeing a quote a month or two after he won his ring. It went something like, "The NBA, where winning 1 ring gets you compared to Jordan."

I remember that. Was looking for some new sig material too. Thanks!

ArmLaker
05-28-2013, 01:04 AM
What has Kobe ever done besides win 5 titles and cement his legacy as the next best thing to MJ(so Far)? He's a piece of crap player that none of us would ever want on our crappy franchises.

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Oooo cheap shot. Don't expect any better from the likes of you though.

Your sig epitomizes everything that is wrong with the general NBA forum.

c.c.
05-28-2013, 02:09 AM
LMAO!

#hypocrisy

Not bashing his teammates and sportsmanship is two different things

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 02:09 AM

I got a great quote.....

"The NBA, where winning 6 titles gets you called the Greatest ever, even though, someone before you won 11". (Bill Russell says hello)

How about this one.....

"The NBA, where Kobe had Phil and Shaq (HOFers) and Mike had Pip, Rodman and Phil (HOFers) but everyone gets mad because LeBron gets Wade and Spoelstra"

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-28-2013, 02:17 AM
2010 finals was the year kobe almost choked away a game 7 vs the celtics.

Did they win the championship or not?
15 rebounds clutch assist to artest

Jarvo
05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Hated Kobe because he was way too big headed and made Shaq leave LA, But respected him because of his drive for the game and felt bad for him with that rape scandal bs. Hated Lebron because damn near everyone hyped him up to be the GOAT before he even played a single game in The NBA, Then once he left & came to Miami I liked him because everyone turned on him and hated him for no reason and still cry about it til this day.

So I'm a fan of both now, They're great and love seeing them play.

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Quick questions for all you Kobe fans aka LeBron haters.....

How can people compare Kobe to Mike when.....

Mike went 6 for 6 in the NBA Finals. Kobe went 5 for 7 in the NBA Finals (Mike never lost)
Mike won 6 Finals MVPs. Kobe won 2 Finals MVPs (Magic, Shaq and Duncan have 3)
Mike won 5 regular season MVPs. Kobe won 1 regular season MVP (LeBron has 4 in the last 5 years)
Mike won 10 scoring titles. Kobe won 2 scoring titles (Wilt had 7, Gervin has 4 and Durant has 3)

Why don't folks ever say "Pippen has 6 rings"? Is it because he never was the FINALS MVP? If so, why do people say "Kobe has 5 rings" when in fact, he only won FINALS MVP 2 times?

So, LeBron can't get compared to Mike because he doesn't have enough rings. So then, why do we call Mike the "Greatest ever" when Robert Horry has 7 rings and Bill Russell has 11? By those same standards, Mike can't get compared to either one of those players because he doesn't have enough rings, right?

Sadds The Gr8
05-28-2013, 02:37 AM
hate the hell out of both but I at least liked Lebron at a time during his career so I'll go with him

jerellh528
05-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Quick questions for all you Kobe fans aka LeBron haters.....

How can people compare Kobe to Mike when.....

Mike went 6 for 6 in the NBA Finals. Kobe went 5 for 7 in the NBA Finals (Mike never lost)
Mike won 6 Finals MVPs. Kobe won 2 Finals MVPs (Magic, Shaq and Duncan have 3)
Mike won 5 regular season MVPs. Kobe won 1 regular season MVP (LeBron has 4 in the last 5 years)
Mike won 10 scoring titles. Kobe won 2 scoring titles (Wilt had 7, Gervin has 4 and Durant has 3)

Why don't folks ever say "Pippen has 6 rings"? Is it because he never was the FINALS MVP? If so, why do people say "Kobe has 5 rings" when in fact, he only won FINALS MVP 2 times?

So, LeBron can't get compared to Mike because he doesn't have enough rings. So then, why do we call Mike the "Greatest ever" when Robert Horry has 7 rings and Bill Russell has 11? By those same standards, Mike can't get compared to either one of those players because he doesn't have enough rings, right?

pippen does have 6 rings. If not for pippen jordan wouldnt have 6. He was very instrumental..
jordan was 6 for 6, but that just means he didn't even reach the finals besides that. kobe has been to 7 finals winning 5. The team success is a moot point there.

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 02:46 AM
pippen does have 6 rings. If not for pippen jordan wouldnt have 6. He was very instrumental..
jordan was 6 for 6, but that just means he didn't even reach the finals besides that. kobe has been to 7 finals winning 5. The team success is a moot point there.

Ok, so you're acknowledging that Jordan needed Pip to win, correct? So then, you shouldn't have a problem with Bron getting help from Wade to close the deal too, right?

I'm not saying that you had an issue to begin with. I'm just trying to see if Bron can play by the same rules that Mike and Kobe play by.

mngopher35
05-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Ok, so you're acknowledging that Jordan needed Pip to win, correct? So then, you shouldn't have a problem with Bron getting help from Wade to close the deal too, right?

I'm not saying that you had an issue to begin with. I'm just trying to see if Bron can play by the same rules that Mike and Kobe play by.

There are some people that will not give Lebron fair judgement, because they are blinded by hate. This happens for pretty much any star out there though, you just have to ignore the obvious "haters". I mean just in this thread someone has said paul pierce is better than kobe and kobe is maybe a top 60 talent. It happens for any star you just have to realize some people cannot be rational when it comes to certain players.

jerellh528
05-28-2013, 02:53 AM

Ive never had a problem with bron needing wade to win. Every player needs help to win rings, the NBA would be a joke if one player by himself could carry a team to a ring against 5 other pro players.

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 03:00 AM

I remember that. Was looking for some new sig material too. Thanks!

I got a great sig for you to use.....let me know what you think!

"The NBA, where Kobe gets a HOF center and Coach, Mike gets 2 HOF Forwards (Pip and Rodman) and HOF coach but we're all mad because LeBron sees that you need another HOF player to win, gets one (in Wade) and we bash him because we think he should've stayed in Cleveland and got it all done himself!"

Man, I mean, you hate on LeBron so much that you bash him for putting himself in the same position, to achieve the same things that you praise Mike and Kobe for doing so that they were successful! LOL

This is just too easy

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 03:02 AM
There are some people that will not give Lebron fair judgement, because they are blinded by hate. This happens for pretty much any star out there though, you just have to ignore the obvious "haters". I mean just in this thread someone has said paul pierce is better than kobe and kobe is maybe a top 60 talent. It happens for any star you just have to realize some people cannot be rational when it comes to certain players.

Great post and I agree 100%.

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 03:03 AM
Ive never had a problem with bron needing wade to win. Every player needs help to win rings, the NBA would be a joke if one player by himself could carry a team to a ring against 5 other pro players.

Wow! A Kobe/Lakers fan that gets it...... you're a rare commodity, my friend...

More-Than-Most
05-28-2013, 03:10 AM
Both.... Both are amazing and 2 of the best ever....James is just Better though

Panoy
05-28-2013, 04:47 AM
LBJ for me, I became a fan by just watching him play in 2009, and that's it, also became more interested on NBA just because of him.

Mcdoh
05-28-2013, 05:39 AM
kobe.. since im a laker fan.. but both are amazing players.

sunsfan88
05-28-2013, 05:47 AM
LeBron was never accused of rape charges plus he actually gives effort on both ends of the court and passes the ball so ill pick LBJ.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 05:57 AM
LeBron was never accused of rape charges plus he actually gives effort on both ends of the court and passes the ball so ill pick LBJ.

Ugh...Only the truly lame bring up the Colorado incident.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Both.... Both are amazing and 2 of the best ever....James is just Better though

Right now for sure. Career wise it's not even close and I'll take a prime Kobe over a prime LBJ in a heart beat. Can't teach killer instinct.

FraziersKnicks
05-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Right now for sure. Career wise it's not even close and I'll take a prime Kobe over a prime LBJ in a heart beat. Can't teach killer instinct.

For once I agree with you, it's not even close... LeBron is superior by an absolute mile. Statistically Kobe shoots free throws better............. and that is it. Literally everything else LeBron has him beat in.

There is no argument to who is the better player, it is clearly LeBron. Kobe has killer instinct? So he likes to continuously shoot awful shots in the hope that a few will go in and he'll be consider "da clutchezt"? Kobe has never once been the unanimous best player in the league, certainly not like LeBron has for the last 4/5 years. He's never put up a season of dominance like LeBron has last year and this year. The one thing that Kobe has that allows homers like you to attempt any sort of argument is that he had Shaq during one of the most dominant stretches a big man has put together in the NBA and was second fiddle for three championships.

I feel like I've had this argument a million times, and there really isn't no convincing someone like you. Have Kobe in his prime over LeBron, your team certainly won't be better for it.

SouthSideRookie
05-28-2013, 07:18 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/46694/shaq-o.gif

Chrisclover
05-28-2013, 07:51 AM
we certainly felt the excitment in the air when Kobe was dribbleing the ball.His killer confidence is glamorous

It's really the teams that they are on that make me not like them. LA fans are annoying, and Miami fans are just the worst. I was a huge LBJ fan with Cleveland. And I respect Kobe a ton but his fans make me want to root against him.

Lesdawg1978
05-28-2013, 07:53 AM
For once I agree with you, it's not even close... LeBron is superior by an absolute mile. Statistically Kobe shoots free throws better............. and that is it. Literally everything else LeBron has him beat in.

There is no argument to who is the better player, it is clearly LeBron. Kobe has killer instinct? So he likes to continuously shoot awful shots in the hope that a few will go in and he'll be consider "da clutchezt"? Kobe has never once been the unanimous best player in the league, certainly not like LeBron has for the last 4/5 years. He's never put up a season of dominance like LeBron has last year and this year. The one thing that Kobe has that allows homers like you to attempt any sort of argument is that he had Shaq during one of the most dominant stretches a big man has put together in the NBA and was second fiddle for three championships.

I feel like I've had this argument a million times, and there really isn't no convincing someone like you. Have Kobe in his prime over LeBron, your team certainly won't be better for it.

Post of the Year. It doesn't get any better than this.....

Dude, can I have your autograph?

ManningToTyree
05-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Kobe for his ridiculous work ethic. His ability to play thorugh all sorts of adversity and constantly improve his game has been a joy to watch. Not saying LeBron doesnt have the same mentality, but I grew up watching Kobe evolve into the all time great he is today.

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Actually, you totally can. It's call playing better for the entirety of the game. If Kobe goes 5 for 20, scores only 22 points, but happens to make an off-balanced 3-pointer as time expires to give the Lakers a win, that doesn't mean he had an overall great game. Peak Lebron is a much more efficient scorer, a much better passer, a much better rebounder, a better defender and a better shooter than peak Kobe. I'll give peak Kobe last second shots, but that certainly doesn't mean he was a better basketball player.

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Kobe for his ridiculous work ethic. His ability to play thorugh all sorts of adversity and constantly improve his game has been a joy to watch. Not saying LeBron doesnt have the same mentality, but I grew up watching Kobe evolve into the all time great he is today.

What adversity? And how has his game evolved that much over the years? He hasn't become a better shooter. He hasn't improved his shot selection or become a better overall scorer. I dunno man. I don't think Kobe's game has evolved much at all over the last decade.

3Blueforyou
05-28-2013, 11:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9315272&categoryid=2378529

A sports science video on lebron

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 11:45 AM

Lebron only really started getting hate after the decision. Before that he was loved by many people.

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 01:06 PM

He was put in the "perfect situation" and lived up to the challenge. How many people in life end up in the right spot and mess it up.

These are people no robots. I don't believe in the idea of replace this guy with that guy and they still win. You have no idea in those guys would be hold up under the pressure of playing for the Lakers. T-mac had a hard time making it through the regular season. You mean to tell mean he would be able to handle that and deep playoff runs.

LMAO!

#hypocrisy

That's one of the things I don't like and he does it even with the Heat. If you don't want to shake someone's hand fine but when he wins Lebron goes out of his way to find players and shake hands with them. "I just lost why would I shake someone's hand" Because when you win games we've seen you stop players walking off the court just to give them a 15 sec pep talk and hug session. Hell he has even called guys for across the court to hug it out with them.

sammyvine
05-28-2013, 01:20 PM
What adversity? And how has his game evolved that much over the years? He hasn't become a better shooter. He hasn't improved his shot selection or become a better overall scorer. I dunno man. I don't think Kobe's game has evolved much at all over the last decade.

Okay kobe is a scrub.

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Okay kobe is a scrub.

I'm not saying the guy is a scrub at all. In fact, go through and read everything I've every said about Kobe, and you'll see that I've got a tremendous amount of respect for the guy. Hell, I'd put him 10th on my all-time list right now, so clearly I value his career.

However, I don't think the guy has faced that much adversity at all, and I don't think he's evolved that much as a player. He lucked into playing with Shaq his first few years and winning a few titles, while also being part of a franchise with money and an intelligent front office that was able to bring him other superstar talent to play with. So what adversity has he faced? And looking as his game and his numbers over his career, how much has he evolved as a player? He doesn't take it to the basket nearly as much as he's gotten older, but that's the same with every player.

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not saying the guy is a scrub at all. In fact, go through and read everything I've every said about Kobe, and you'll see that I've got a tremendous amount of respect for the guy. Hell, I'd put him 10th on my all-time list right now, so clearly I value his career.

However, I don't think the guy has faced that much adversity at all, and I don't think he's evolved that much as a player. He lucked into playing with Shaq his first few years and winning a few titles, while also being part of a franchise with money and an intelligent front office that was able to bring him other superstar talent to play with. So what adversity has he faced? And looking as his game and his numbers over his career, how much has he evolved as a player? He doesn't take it to the basket nearly as much as he's gotten older, but that's the same with every player.

Proving he could be a reliable replaceable after they traded away Eddie Jones
Learning to play with Shaq and prove his worth to the team
Proving that he was more than just a piece on a championship squad
Living up the legacy of the great Laker players that came before him.
Trying to win on his own after Shaq was traded
Dealing with the pressure of not only playing in LA but also for a historic franchise

I'm not saying Kobe is the most battle tested player in the league but he has faced some adversity. It's because of that adversity he was able to develop that killer instinct. Members in here have said that they like Kobe for killer mentality where as Lebron doesn't have that. I think he has that now but before losing to the Mavs Lebron didn't face any real adversity basketball wise.

I think his game has evolved over the yrs whether it's the development of his post game to developing a three point shot although I feel he sometimes takes to many threes and he's not Ray Allen.

He crowned himself king in HS
#1 pick in the draft
Went to his hometown team
Labeled the next great one before stepping on the court
Received a 90 million contract coming out of St. Vincent St Mary's
Just more physically gifted then a lot of the players he goes up against.

Yes he went to a good situation and got the most out of it. How many ppl in general end up in great situations but blow it. How many athletes of stars end up as burn outs or never reach their potential? How many trust fund kids blow through their money?

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Proving he could be a reliable replaceable after they traded away Eddie Jones
Learning to play with Shaq and prove his worth to the team
Proving that he was more than just a piece on a championship squad
Living up the legacy of the great Laker players that came before him.
Trying to win on his own after Shaq was traded
Dealing with the pressure of not only playing in LA but also for a historic franchise

I'm not saying Kobe is the most battle tested player in the league but he has faced some adversity. It's because of that adversity he was able to develop that killer instinct. Members in here have said that they like Kobe for killer mentality where as Lebron doesn't have that. I think he has that now but before losing to the Mavs Lebron didn't face any real adversity basketball wise.

I think his game has evolved over the yrs whether it's the development of his post game to developing a three point shot although I feel he sometimes takes to many threes and he's not Ray Allen.

He crowned himself king in HS
#1 pick in the draft
Went to his hometown team
Labeled the next great one before stepping on the court
Received a 90 million contract coming out of St. Vincent St Mary's
Just more physically gifted then a lot of the players he goes up against.

Yes he went to a good situation and got the most out of it. How many ppl in general end up in great situations but blow it. How many athletes of stars end up as burn outs or never reach their potential? How many trust fund kids blow through their money?
So much of this is so very wrong, I don't know where to begin. For starters, nothing you mentioned regarding Kobe shows adversity to me. He was drafted by a team with an all-time great, piggy backed off that player to get three titles, lucked out in getting Pau Gasol on his squad and stepped up to the plate to win the final two. But I fail to see how that's adversity. He proved he could win a title without Shaq, but I'm not exactly sure that's adversity.

And I completely fail to see how Kobe has faced more "adversity" than Lebron. James came into the league drafted by a mediocre team and immediately was the face of the league and the most scrutinized player in the history of the game. He had to carry a team from his home state with hardly any help for seven years, and when he made the logical decision to play with good players in a better market, the entire world went from loving him to hating him. Then he had to prove he could win a title after the monumental collapse in the 2011 Finals against Dallas, which he did.

But Lebron has constantly had a target on his back since high school and has consistently performed beyond expectations at a level we've only seen maybe a handful of guys achieve in this league. Kobe came into the league with very little expectations, lucked out with the perfect situation and has outperformed those expectations.

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm wrong but you started off saying he was drafted by the Lakers. He was drafted by the Hornets. I'm wrong but you start off with something that isn't a fact.

No he didn't piggy back off Shaq. He was the number 2 option. He wasn't a role player chipping in 12 minutes a game scoring 6 points

When Kobe lost to the Celtics the feeling was he wasn't going to win because Shaq was no longer there. Remember Shaq released that freestyle and the media/fans jumped on it. Are you forgetting how much ish he took that summer when he lost to the Garnett and co. It's not adversity to overcome that and win back to back. Why do ppl think when they beat the Cs in 2010 he said this is one more than Shaq. He knew he had gone through hell just to get that fifth ring.

Lol ppl are rewriting history when it comes to Lebron. Yes he had to live up to the initial hype and he did. People were outraged that he didn't make the AS game as a rookie but yet he was scrutinized? He was loved by fans and the media but yet he was hated? Lebron's Cavs ran through the regular season stacking up high win totals but the he doesn't have a team talk didn't pop up until the started to take losses in the post season. Yes he had to "carry his city" but was he ever criticized when he was in CLE..no not really.

Lebron was seen as the anti Kobe until he went to MIA. That's when the hate started because everyone thought he was different from athletes like Kobe, A-rod, etc. Why do you think he had a hard time adjusting to the backlash because he had never faced criticism on that level before.

I agree about proving he could win after the collapse to the Mavs. I mentioned that in my post.

JordansBulls
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Because Wade had already won as the man and was the established star on the team and for the franchise. That is totallly different.

Captain Moroni
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you more of a Kobe fan or Lebron fan? .

Like asking what is your favorite flavor, Booger or Poop?

mightybosstone
05-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm wrong but you started off saying he was drafted by the Lakers. He was drafted by the Hornets. I'm wrong but you start off with something that isn't a fact.
I'm aware of this, dude, as is every other NBA fan who knows he was traded on draft day to the Lakers. It's semantics, and it's completely besides the point.

No he didn't piggy back off Shaq. He was the number 2 option. He wasn't a role player chipping in 12 minutes a game scoring 6 points
Fact: Without Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant would not have those first three rings.

When Kobe lost to the Celtics the feeling was he wasn't going to win because Shaq was no longer there. Remember Shaq released that freestyle and the media/fans jumped on it. Are you forgetting how much ish he took that summer when he lost to the Garnett and co. It's not adversity to overcome that and win back to back. Why do ppl think when they beat the Cs in 2010 he said this is one more than Shaq. He knew he had gone through hell just to get that fifth ring.
I'm not saying the guy didn't have to step up, but his front office was gifted Pau Gasol in that trade and the dude capitalized on it. He obviously played extremely well and was deserving of those second two rings, but let's not pretend like he was playing on a team of scrubs against superior competition or that he didn't already have three rings on his fingers to fall back on.

Lol ppl are rewriting history when it comes to Lebron. Yes he had to live up to the initial hype and he did. People were outraged that he didn't make the AS game as a rookie but yet he was scrutinized? He was loved by fans and the media but yet he was hated? Lebron's Cavs ran through the regular season stacking up high win totals but the he doesn't have a team talk didn't pop up until the started to take losses in the post season. Yes he had to "carry his city" but was he ever criticized when he was in CLE..no not really.
He wasn't criticized in Cleveland, because everyone understood he was doing remarkable things with inferior talent. That's why it's completely ridiculous that those same people who understood how bad those Cleveland teams were were the same people ripping Lebron for wanting to play with better teammates. And while he may not have faced much ridicule in Cleveland, if he had stayed their his entire career and never won a title, he would have faced an insane amount of criticism late in his career and after his retirement.

Lebron was seen as the anti Kobe until he went to MIA. That's when the hate started because everyone thought he was different from athletes like Kobe, A-rod, etc. Why do you think he had a hard time adjusting to the backlash because he had never faced criticism on that level before.
But the amount of criticism he faced was completely unjustified. People act like he was some sort of huge villain when he had never committed a crime or got in trouble off the court or done anything besides being a model NBA player. Just because he made a smart decision and joined quality teammates, fans and the media unfairly turned on him for what was probably a fairly difficult, albeit intelligent decision.

If you or I were in his shoes, we likely would have done the exact same thing.

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 05:41 PM
It's not semantics one is a trade and the other is being drafted.

You can kinda make the same case for Shaq. How many rings did he win until Kobe matured and and Phil took over the team. Shaq needed Kobe and Kobe needed Shaq. They needed each other to win.

The Pau trade turned out to be a good one for Memphis. You said it yourself that those 3 rings were because of Shaq so how dd he have 3 rings to fall back on. Are you forgetting that a majority of ppl don't even give him credit for being a number 2 option on the first dynasty. If he didn't win those 2 as the main player he would have been a yea but guy. Sure he won 3 in his early 20s but...

The talent wasn't great but they were picked by many ppl to win at least a couple of rings. Yes Lebron was the main reason they were in that position but what I don't like is they racked up high win totals and every yr we would hear no one wants to face this team, they are on a collision course with the Lakers, the rest of the league doesn't want to play them, etc but the minute the lost it was hey he doesn't have a team what do expect.

The burning of the jersey and the death threats were uncalled for. I don't condone that because it's taking it too far but outside of that I understand why ppl were so upset. He was their hero and the new face of the league. Did he have a right to leave yes he did because he fulfilled his contract. But why go on tv and tell the the world "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" That's not going to rub ppl the wrong way? and then the guarantee came soon after. The whole situation bothered everyone because of his status in the game and how he is perceived.

sturm
05-28-2013, 05:51 PM
neither

sammyvine
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM

That's what happen when you play for a big market team....happens in every sport.
I don't see why that upsets you too much. It's not Bryant's fault. You work with what you got, he obviously did hence his success.

lol, please
05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Kobe and it's not close.

lol, please
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
It's not semantics one is a trade and the other is being drafted.

You can kinda make the same case for Shaq. How many rings did he win until Kobe matured and and Phil took over the team. Shaq needed Kobe and Kobe needed Shaq. They needed each other to win.

The Pau trade turned out to be a good one for Memphis. You said it yourself that those 3 rings were because of Shaq so how dd he have 3 rings to fall back on. Are you forgetting that a majority of ppl don't even give him credit for being a number 2 option on the first dynasty. If he didn't win those 2 as the main player he would have been a yea but guy. Sure he won 3 in his early 20s but...

The talent wasn't great but they were picked by many ppl to win at least a couple of rings. Yes Lebron was the main reason they were in that position but what I don't like is they racked up high win totals and every yr we would hear no one wants to face this team, they are on a collision course with the Lakers, the rest of the league doesn't want to play them, etc but the minute the lost it was hey he doesn't have a team what do expect.

The burning of the jersey and the death threats were uncalled for. I don't condone that because it's taking it too far but outside of that I understand why ppl were so upset. He was their hero and the new face of the league. Did he have a right to leave yes he did because he fulfilled his contract. But why go on tv and tell the the world "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" That's not going to rub ppl the wrong way? and then the guarantee came soon after. The whole situation bothered everyone because of his status in the game and how he is perceived.

Stopped reading here. If you start off with something as ignorant as this, the rest that followed can't be any better.

BigCityofDreams
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Stopped reading here. If you start off with something as ignorant as this, the rest that followed can't be any better.

How is my statement ignorant when he started off by saying my entire post was wrong and then he stated something that was incorrect. I'm not killing him for making a mistake because we all make them. I don't agree with the way he went about it.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I love how all the bandwagon Heat fans try to deny that Lebron's team is one of the best supporting casts in history only surpassed by Russells Celtics. Straight comedy.

More-Than-Most
05-28-2013, 07:01 PM

Kobe in his prime is not close to a James in his prime...That is just silly.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM

Wow I don't even know where to being poking holes in this nonsense. Rather I'll just sit back and laugh at how bad this post is instead of wasting my time responding to these horrible arguments.

This photo sums up why James isn't even in the same universe compared to Kobe Bryant when it comes to mental toughness. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29kuq82&s=6

More-Than-Most
05-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Actually, you totally can. It's call playing better for the entirety of the game. If Kobe goes 5 for 20, scores only 22 points, but happens to make an off-balanced 3-pointer as time expires to give the Lakers a win, that doesn't mean he had an overall great game. Peak Lebron is a much more efficient scorer, a much better passer, a much better rebounder, a better defender and a better shooter than peak Kobe. I'll give peak Kobe last second shots, but that certainly doesn't mean he was a better basketball player.

Spot on

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Kobe in his prime is not close to a James in his prime...That is just silly.

IMO it's silly for you to deny that.

The only thing James has on Kobe is Hollinger stats and MVP awards. Both to me are not top criteria for judging a champion.

mdm692
05-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Basically this.

More-Than-Most
05-28-2013, 07:23 PM
IMO it's silly for you to deny that.

The only thing James has on Kobe is Hollinger stats and MVP awards. Both to me are not top criteria for judging a champion.

Defense/Passing/Rebounding and utter physical dominance as well. All around James is the better player. Also I guess rings are the best indicator? As good as wade or Bosh are James has never had the talent that those laker teams have had for Kobe.... Its only logical that Kobe would have more Championships when he has a top 10 player of all time and an unstoppable force beside him.

More-Than-Most
05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
This is not hate on Kobe either.... Kobe is one of the best ever and I would take him on the sixers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.... Hell we got stuck with Iverson.....That being said if I have a choice between James or Kobe in their primes its James without hesitation..... Honestly If I had to choose one player I think I would choose James over Jordan as well because of the Physical freak he is and the ability he has. Now James might not be up there with Jordan yet but he will be.

If I had to take James/Jordan/Kobe to start my team its James.... He in my opinion could do the most with the least around him.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM

absolutely agree, even if I would kill to have had a player of Bryant's level on my team for 15 years. James has had multiple seasons better than Kobe has ever produced.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Defense/Passing/Rebounding and utter physical dominance as well. All around James is the better player. Also I guess rings are the best indicator? As good as wade or Bosh are James has never had the talent that those laker teams have had for Kobe.... Its only logical that Kobe would have more Championships when he has a top 10 player of all time and an unstoppable force beside him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I stopped reading after that.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
This is not hate on Kobe either.... Kobe is one of the best ever and I would take him on the sixers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.... Hell we got stuck with Iverson.....That being said if I have a choice between James or Kobe in their primes its James without hesitation..... Honestly If I had to choose one player I think I would choose James over Jordan as well because of the Physical freak he is and the ability he has. Now James might not be up there with Jordan yet but he will be.

If I had to take James/Jordan/Kobe to start my team its James.... He in my opinion could do the most with the least around him.

The 2011 finals say hi. :)

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
absolutely agree, even if I would kill to have had a player of Bryant's level on my team for 15 years. James has had multiple seasons better than Kobe has ever produced.

Ugh...more Hollinger stat references. Is that seriously all you guys have. :pity:

bucketss
05-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Ugh...more Hollinger stat references. Is that seriously all you guys have. :pity:

better than "clutch gene" and "killer instinct"

FraziersKnicks
05-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Wow I don't even know where to being poking holes in this nonsense. Rather I'll just sit back and laugh at how bad this post is instead of wasting my time responding to these horrible arguments.

This photo sums up why James isn't even in the same universe compared to Kobe Bryant when it comes to mental toughness. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29kuq82&s=6

Why don't you try proving me wrong? Oh wait, you can't because you have zero argument and no legs to stand on in arguing for Kobe because everything I said is true.

Please for once just try and disprove what I said, I would love to see your effort.

Funny how that picture has no context..... LeBron came back on the court after that and made a huge 3 in the dying moments of a finals game, leading his team to a title and putting a cap on one of the most dominant seasons in recent memory. Kobe walked off after one of the most disappointing seasons in history with an incredibly stacked starting 5.

Seems ironic that LeBron is demonstrating the "killer instinct" you speak of and Kobe is struggling with a group of extremely talented teammates.

FraziersKnicks
05-28-2013, 07:53 PM

But no one cares about defense/passing/rebounding, it's all about killer instinct, not those silly Hollinger stats :rolleyes:

amos1er
05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
But no one cares about defense/passing/rebounding, it's all about killer instinct, not those silly Hollinger stats :rolleyes:

I care about who is the best winner and who gives their team the best chance to win. Who will step up and get the job done when the chips are down.

amos1er
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Why don't you try proving me wrong? Oh wait, you can't because you have zero argument and no legs to stand on in arguing for Kobe because everything I said is true.

Please for once just try and disprove what I said, I would love to see your effort.

Funny how that picture has no context..... LeBron came back on the court after that and made a huge 3 in the dying moments of a finals game, leading his team to a title and putting a cap on one of the most dominant seasons in recent memory. Kobe walked off after one of the most disappointing seasons in history with an incredibly stacked starting 5.

Seems ironic that LeBron is demonstrating the "killer instinct" you speak of and Kobe is struggling with a group of extremely talented teammates.

The general consensus is that Kobe is the better of the two all time. It's only you Lebronites on PSD that seem to disagree. Therefore, since your the ones questioning the norm, the burden of proof is on you to prove that Lebron is better...all time of course.

Lebron sits out during crucial moments with "cramps".

Kobe steps up with a torn achilles tendon and hits two freethrows when his team desperately needed the win or they would have missed the playoffs.

Lebron shrinks in big moments for the most part...there are a few rare exceptions, but he usually defers or relies on his hall of fame teammates to take care of business for him.

For every one "clutch" Lebron moment you can think of, I can name at least 10 mental meltdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QpiZTRDys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCT8ov5Lv_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPPB_aWiy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dhZwkwWDdk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9dA5z3hX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTS49YLK4xY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2JF3l-4Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz0ZPFKvcXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3Kz3DD1uQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeCJd6SQgU

amos1er
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
better than "clutch gene" and "killer instinct"

Of course to a Lebronite Hollinger stats are the end all be all and nothing else should be considered. lol

Might as well not even bother to play in any of the games then. Just do the numbers, roll the projections and PRESTO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :facepalm:

Tony_Starks
05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Kobe's accomplished just about everything in a career you can possibly achieve and has the jewelry to back it up. He's also universally recognized as having the strongest work ethic and competitive spirit since you know who.

If Lebron is still dominating the league when he's near retirement I will gladly tip my hat to him but right now Kobe's career has been more impressive...

mngopher35
05-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Kobe's accomplished just about everything in a career you can possibly achieve and has the jewelry to back it up. He's also universally recognized as having the strongest work ethic and competitive spirit since you know who.

If Lebron is still dominating the league when he's near retirement I will gladly tip my hat to him but right now Kobe's career has been more impressive...

Career yes, Kobe has been around 17 years compared to only 10 for Lebron though. They are talking about comparing them in their primes though.

bucketss
05-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Of course to a Lebronite Hollinger stats are the end all be all and nothing else should be considered. lol

Might as well not even bother to play in any of the games then. Just do the numbers, roll the projections and PRESTO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :facepalm:

how do you prove clutch gene?? you would use stats no??? how about killer instinct??? can you smell a killer instinct??? or is that the feeling you get in your pants when kobe is playing?

bucketss
05-28-2013, 10:08 PM
The general consensus is that Kobe is the better of the two all time. It's only you Lebronites on PSD that seem to disagree. Therefore, since your the ones questioning the norm, the burden of proof is on you to prove that Lebron is better...all time of course.

Kobe steps up with a torn achilles tendon and hits two freethrows when his team desperately needed the win or they would have missed the playoffs.

Lebron shrinks in big moments for the most part...there are a few rare exceptions, but he usually defers or relies on his hall of fame teammates to take care of business for him.

For every one "clutch" Lebron moment you can think of, I can name at least 10 mental meltdowns.

i can do that to,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCxAmIIYXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxyx6JOKhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wiZIKQooNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zub7JDHi8

kobe the fake closer.

bucketss
05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
rl]

lol this is how kobe gets overrated people like you fall in love with him with these kinds of plays, rondo tore his acl and continued playing... ANYONE CARE ABOUT THAT??

FraziersKnicks
05-28-2013, 11:38 PM
I care about who is the best winner and who gives their team the best chance to win. Who will step up and get the job done when the chips are down.

Who's still in the playoffs and who's not?

Did you not read a single thing I wrote? LeBron came back after those cramps and finished off a game in the FINALS... That's helping your team win, not fighting to help his stacked team claw to a pathetic 8th seed, like Kobe.

Kobe "clutch gene" has been statistically disproved by many, using the most basic of stats... How many shots he's missed in those situations. But that's probably something to do with Hollinger isn't it?

I'm done with you, I've just realised I do not give a **** if you think Kobe's the better player or whatever... Someone with such a lack of knowledge regarding the basic understandings of what makes a player great or not has no business wasting my time.

Super Lintendo
05-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Who's still in the playoffs and who's not?

Did you not read a single thing I wrote? LeBron came back after those cramps and finished off a game in the FINALS... That's helping your team win, not fighting to help his stacked team claw to a pathetic 8th seed, like Kobe.

Kobe "clutch gene" has been statistically disproved by many, using the most basic of stats... How many shots he's missed in those situations. But that's probably something to do with Hollinger isn't it?

I'm done with you, I've just realised I do not give a **** if you think Kobe's the better player or whatever... Someone with such a lack of knowledge regarding the basic understandings of what makes a player great or not has no business wasting my time.

RFelton sucks. JLin7 #1!!!!!1!!!

ManRam
05-29-2013, 12:34 PM

probably not true. actually. definitely not true. there's extensive stuff out there by people far smarter than anyone here that will illustrate how lebron has consistently played at a much higher level than kobe was ever at. the burden of proof might be on those who think lebron is better all-time, but only because his "all-time" sample size is less. lebron has had 3-4 years of individual play better than kobe's best. maybe even more. he just needs the team success and then it becomes a wrap.

and i can play the youtube game with kobe. you can always find bad moments for every player, ignore the great ones, and convince yourself that only the bad stuff exists. you suffer from a terrible case of confirmation bias: you forget all the good lebron does and remember all the bad. you probably are the opposite with kobe, who statistically (even as simple as "clutch shots taken" and "clutch shots made") pales in comparison to lebron.

here are some videos to show how silly it is to just provide clips of one side of the argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCxAmIIYXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdIEgO2PUqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxyx6JOKhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zub7JDHi8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wiZIKQooNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXsRkpk2m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FkYrilcXtY

now a bit outdated, but it certainly hasn't gotten better. even his own fans now are bashing his "clutch" play. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time.

you can do this **** for anyone. i could make chris paul, probably the best clutch shot maker, look terrible by searching for bias youtube clips.

sunnyice
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Amos1er's posts are truly sig worthy!

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Amos1er's posts are truly sig worthy!

Why because he speaks the truth?

sunnyice
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Why because he speaks the truth?

The truth? Hell no.

He just compared 2 totally different types of injuries without understanding how it affects the player.

Also he saw the 2 free throws made by kobe yet somehow he missed the one legged 3 by a cramping up lebron to help win his team a title.

fresh prince
05-29-2013, 04:01 PM
On top of that I'm a dubs fan, how could I ever back Kobe?

:confused:

We have no rivalry with G state. Or is this just that old " im from Nor Cal so I hate everythign So cal / LA" type thing ?

ArmLaker
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
What a bunch of nimrods on this forum. Do some of you posters even know what fans mean when they say "Kobe is clutch". 'Clutch' doesn't necessarily mean a last second hail mary shot to win the game. It means during crunch time when the game is in the balance usually in the 4th quarters of games, Kobe takes over and dominates like no other. He has been the envy of every franchise and every fan/hater through and through. I bet anyone here deep down if they had to decide to select LeBron or Kobe in their franchise, they would take Kobe in a heartbeat without hesitation. Kobe has proven he is the greater player all throughout his career. The fact that people choose to compare Kobe to LeBron instead of Melo or Durant at this point in his career is a testament to Kobe's greatness. He's the standard LeBron has yet to hit, and we're not even talking MJ yet lol

jerellh528
05-29-2013, 06:13 PM
What a bunch of nimrods on this forum. Do some of you posters even know what fans mean when they say "Kobe is clutch". 'Clutch' doesn't necessarily mean a last second hail mary shot to win the game. It means during crunch time when the game is in the balance usually in the 4th quarters of games, Kobe takes over and dominates like no other. He has been the envy of every franchise and every fan/hater through and through. I bet anyone here deep down if they had to decide to select LeBron or Kobe in their franchise, they would take Kobe in a heartbeat without hesitation. Kobe has proven he is the greater player all throughout his career. The fact that people choose to compare Kobe to LeBron instead of Melo or Durant at this point in his career is a testament to Kobe's greatness. He's the standard LeBron has yet to hit, and we're not even talking MJ yet lol

so true

JLynn943
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
As a Kings fan, I hate Kobe. LeBron is one of my favorite players in the league though just because he's so much fun to watch. Plus he actually seems humble (not counting that party thing they had when he came to Miami, which I think was more just him pumping up the fans than anything else).

jerellh528
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
As a Kings fan, I hate Kobe. LeBron is one of my favorite players in the league though just because he's so much fun to watch. Plus he actually seems humble (not counting that party thing they had when he came to Miami, which I think was more just him pumping up the fans than anything else).

seems humble enough http://www.albany.com/byesline/check%20my%20stats2.jpg

bucketss
05-29-2013, 06:30 PM

most people in this forum would choose lebron, without hesitation.

sunnyice
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM

True.

mngopher35
05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
What a bunch of nimrods on this forum.

No argument here. There certainly are some good posters though.

Do some of you posters even know what fans mean when they say "Kobe is clutch". 'Clutch' doesn't necessarily mean a last second hail mary shot to win the game. It means during crunch time when the game is in the balance usually in the 4th quarters of games, Kobe takes over and dominates like no other. He has been the envy of every franchise and every fan/hater through and through.

See that is the biggest problem people have with the clutch argument. Kobe to me is a clutch player, but some act as if it isn't close compared to other stars. In reality look at the stats in clutch situations and he is ok but not nearly as good as many make him out to be. I think there are many clutch games and moments that can't be taken into account just by looking at stats in certain situations, but many stars are also very good in the clutch and also have the stats similar or better. Kobe has just taken more shots than most people in clutch situations and many people forget the misses and only remember the makes.

I bet anyone here deep down if they had to decide to select LeBron or Kobe in their franchise, they would take Kobe in a heartbeat without hesitation. Kobe has proven he is the greater player all throughout his career.

Career wise Kobe has played for 7 more years so I think most probably would choose him. If we are comparing each of their first 10 years or their prime it seems as though the majority would actually choose Lebron. I know many lakers fans seem to disagree but to most it would be Lebron and pretty easily (feel free to start a poll if you think I'm wrong). This isn't a knock on Kobe, but very few players have put up the numbers, accolades, and overall production that Lebron has in these last few years.

The fact that people choose to compare Kobe to LeBron instead of Melo or Durant at this point in his career is a testament to Kobe's greatness. He's the standard LeBron has yet to hit, and we're not even talking MJ yet lol

Well he got compared to melo a lot to start his career, but pulled away quickly. Durant is younger and since he started playing amazing ball has been compared to Lebron a ton. I wouldn't count him out as an all time great. People also make comparisons to mj a lot but they do this with rising superstars (kobe as well), when they probably shouldn't. Kobe is the obvious comparison as already a top 10 all time great player that has nearly finished his career. In the end he gets compared to a lot of great players.

BigCityofDreams
05-29-2013, 07:10 PM
No argument here. There certainly are some good posters though.

See that is the biggest problem people have with the clutch argument. Kobe to me is a clutch player, but some act as if it isn't close compared to other stars. In reality look at the stats in clutch situations and he is ok but not nearly as good as many make him out to be. I think there are many clutch games and moments that can't be taken into account just by looking at stats in certain situations, but many stars are also very good in the clutch and also have the stats similar or better. Kobe has just taken more shots than most people in clutch situations and many people forget the misses and only remember the makes.

Career wise Kobe has played for 7 more years so I think most probably would choose him. If we are comparing each of their first 10 years or their prime it seems as though the majority would actually choose Lebron. I know many lakers fans seem to disagree but to most it would be Lebron and pretty easily (feel free to start a poll if you think I'm wrong). This isn't a knock on Kobe, but very few players have put up the numbers, accolades, and overall production that Lebron has in these last few years.

Well he got compared to melo a lot to start his career, but pulled away quickly. Durant is younger and since he started playing amazing ball has been compared to Lebron a ton. I wouldn't count him out as an all time great. People also make comparisons to mj a lot but they do this with rising superstars (kobe as well), when they probably shouldn't. Kobe is the obvious comparison as already a top 10 all time great player that has nearly finished his career. In the end he gets compared to a lot of great players.

That's a pretty fair assessment.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-29-2013, 07:14 PM

Only because there are like 200 of you closet Heat fans.

NJBASEBALL22
05-29-2013, 07:22 PM
i don't think Kobe ever flopped... LBJ makes a habit out of making it look like he was shot with a .50 Cal.

b@llhog24
05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Meh

LayBraun
05-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Kobe

KBfrom8to24
05-29-2013, 08:13 PM
so true

really really true

KBfrom8to24
05-29-2013, 08:20 PM
As a Heat fan I really hate Lebron. Sad 2 say but Kobe is still the yardstick of greatness in NBA today.

bucketss
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
As a Heat fan I really hate Lebron. Sad 2 say but Kobe is still the yardstick of greatness in NBA today.

^ lol at this kid calling himself a heat fan, just look at your name you're a big time kobephile.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Kobe.

NBA_Starter
05-29-2013, 10:37 PM
I have always been a Lebron fan

LA_Raiders
05-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Mamba fan, I dont like clowns that flop

Teeboy1487
05-30-2013, 01:06 AM
^ lol at this kid calling himself a heat fan, just look at your name you're a big time kobephile.

I'm not going to lie, thats pretty funny. Mamba in the lead :rock:

mngopher35
05-30-2013, 04:24 AM
That's a pretty fair assessment.

Glad to see, coming from a laker fan. Honestly I do think Kobe is a clutch player, to me it just gets hyped way too much by some. He's solid in the "clutch" moments but it isn't like he is night and day compared to other stars (even lebron who some consider a "choker").

jam
05-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Rapist or mega-flopper. Take your choice.

Oh, and Jordan was a gambling degenerate. :)

As far as their skill sets, LeBron has a far bigger impact on their game, although his straight ahead pillage the defense style of play isn't quite as pretty.

BklynKnicks3
05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
My dislike of lebron aside he is the better player but watching Kobe is like watching a artist. Just like mike was Lebron is bigger stronger faster then everyone. His game is not graceful. It like ocmparing a Jim brown to barry sanders.

jerellh528
05-30-2013, 12:38 PM

A heat fan who joined prior to summer 2010?! :speechless:

DoubleDragon
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Spot on. Exactly what this is.

(oops) in reply to the post saying this is basically a "who do you hate more" poll.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2013, 02:57 PM
It's been said before but warrants repeating: the fact that Kobe is still in this discussion at this stage of his career pretty much says it all.

BigCityofDreams
05-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Glad to see, coming from a laker fan. Honestly I do think Kobe is a clutch player, to me it just gets hyped way too much by some. He's solid in the "clutch" moments but it isn't like he is night and day compared to other stars (even lebron who some consider a "choker").

It does get over hyped. I think that happens to every great player when they are in the zone because they are playing on a level we can't even dream of. Look at Lebron. He is a great defensive player and I take nothing away from him but the way he's talked about you would think he's guarding centers and power forwards for half the game and then shutting down point guards and the guy playing against him for the rest of the game.

It's been said before but warrants repeating: the fact that Kobe is still in this discussion at this stage of his career pretty much says it all.

It speaks to just how long he's played the game and the type of career he has had.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-30-2013, 04:23 PM

IKR, those are a rarity.

bucketss
05-30-2013, 04:29 PM

hes not a heat fan, hes a kobephile(seriosuly look through his posts some of the things he posts cott dman)

mngopher35
05-30-2013, 04:34 PM
IKR, those are a rarity.

All this time you have been talking about all the closet Lebron fans. Looks like you were just talking about yourself, and finally decided to let everyone know!

enitialdee
05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
For everyone who act like Lebron James is the only flopper :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/Fz73xgDrd8o

bigmac8675
05-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Definitely Kobe!

Im_in_Mia_bish
05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
lol I like both, but I understand from some of the posters how fans of the respective teams sways their vote.

However, if I had to choose one, obviously being a Miami fan, I am more of a LeBron fan. However, that doesn't mean i hate kobe regardless of what a few of his fans say online.

jerellh528
06-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Surprised Kobe is winning with the amount of leBoners on this site.

bucketss
06-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Surprised Kobe is winning with the amount of leBoners on this site.

most people on this site are lebron haters.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
i don't think Kobe ever flopped... LBJ makes a habit out of making it look like he was shot with a .50 Cal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSkqQL_zN9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJkvilMSuw

This one is the worst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8eG9nvOWy4

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I grew up watching Kobe, so yeah, him.

nastynice
06-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Both are amazing players. Kobe's got more beauty in his game, Lebron has more sav in his. (prime) Kobe's the better pure scorer, definitely funner to watch. The thing about Lebron is, I know it sounds weird, but he's still kinda evolving. He's been adding to his game every year even tho he's already pretty much unstoppable. It sucks that he joined two other superstars in miami, it kinda takes away from his legacy in my eyes.

nastynice
06-01-2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSkqQL_zN9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJkvilMSuw

This one is the worst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8eG9nvOWy4

lol, I don't get why he would even do that. He's such a clearly superior player than these guys he's flopping against, why not just outquick or outmuscle them?

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
lebron for obvious reasons...but also hes a team player and kobe isn't.

JordansBulls
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
most people on this site are lebron haters.

Not true by any means. Seems more people like Lebron here than not.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 10:17 PM

^^^ Buckets is blind. This site is filled with Lebronites.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 11:02 PM

I think the general fanbase has shifted the past 2 years. The first year he was with the Heat, he was the most hated athlete I have ever seen. But as he morphed into one of the greatest players we have seen, and won his first ring, a lot of people just let their hate go, and realized what they were watching. Now, his haters are at a much smaller percentage, and that is for personal reasons/agenda. In 15 years, he won't have many haters, just the fans that are in love with a specific player they can't take him passing, or a fan of a team that he tormented.

enitialdee
06-11-2013, 07:42 PM
I bet the farm if Lebron was to ever sign with the Lakers, his fanbase would triple quadruple overnight.

Sly Guy
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I dislike both, but I respect both as players.

I think Kobe's got more of a killer mentality than LBJ.
I think LBJ has more physical tools than Kobe ever had.
I think both are phenomenal talents, but attitude/past decisions made by both prevent them form me 'liking' either.

JordansBulls
06-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I dislike both, but I respect both as players.

I think Kobe's got more of a killer mentality than LBJ.
I think LBJ has more physical tools than Kobe ever had.
I think both are phenomenal talents, but attitude/past decisions made by both prevent them form me 'liking' either.

You don't think LBJ has a killer mentality now?

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm just curious as to when it became impossible to like both players....

herewegocubbies
06-25-2013, 02:43 PM
While I don't "like" either, one made a moronic show to announce where he was going during his free agency and he donated the 1 million + profits to charity, while the other raped a girl. I have two daughters, pretty simple answer for me.

jerellh528
06-25-2013, 03:44 PM
More of a fan of kobe mostly because how he plays the game. If i had the skills of kobe, I feel I would try to emulate how he plays. It's glorious to watch. Not to mention in his prime he was the most feared baller behind jordan and maybe shaq for opposing teams and coaches to play against.

bucketss
06-25-2013, 03:58 PM
seems like most if not all kobe fans are lebron haters, or at least closet ones that pretend to respect his game but really despise it.

MrUnbiased42
06-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I love both. They are very different.

Kobe is a fearless player, his toughness and killer instinct has gotten respect from players like MJ and Bird, who were two of the meanest and toughest players to set foot on the court. Offensively he's the best. His foot work skills are off the charts, and his jumper is a beautiful thing to watch. In his prime, he can get to the basket and score with ease, and he didn't need the body and strength of Lebron. In the 4th quarter, I want the ball on Kobe's hands. He's simply one of the best scorers of all time, and defensively, he's pretty damn good too!

Lebron can do everything. He's an amazing passer and his court vision is unmatched by anyone else in the league. These are his two best attributes, and because of it, he's great at getting his teammates involved and he knows when to take a shot or get to the basket. He's always a step ahead. This makes him a very dangerous player, and the danger only adds up when you look at his size and strength. He's a dominant player, and if one day he averages a triple double for a whole season, I wouldn't be surprised.

Lebron is a better basketball player. But Kobe is my favorite.

Nick O
06-25-2013, 04:48 PM
79/79 .. interesting...

ThuglifeJ
06-25-2013, 04:51 PM

I agree with this post fully. Although I am the opposite because the Kobe underrating and Lebron overrating is what gets to me causing me to dislike Lebron more than I want to.

I also think you are too hard to Kobe, which could be for the same reasons I am harder on Lebron.

martin_108
06-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Both but Kobe takes it he has that old school mentality that players lack these days ...all about business on the court no joking around and he can BALL his *** off he is the most skillful player on the offensive side of the ball.I have ever seen unstoppable at one point

Lebron however has a chance to become the GOAT he is something that has never been seen in this league 6 8 255 point forward who can do anything u ask.of him (reason why he shouldn't be compared to Kobe or Jordan different styles of play) it's pretty scary only downside he seems to shy away from the moment at times but a unique athlete...I respect his greatness

martin_108
06-25-2013, 05:13 PM
seems like most if not all kobe fans are lebron haters, or at least closet ones that pretend to respect his game but really despise it.
I think u judge people too much everyone has an opinion...u just call all Kobe fans Lebron haters a person can like both or one more than the other stop assuming what people think

martin_108
06-25-2013, 05:14 PM
My dislike of lebron aside he is the better player but watching Kobe is like watching a artist. Just like mike was Lebron is bigger stronger faster then everyone. His game is not graceful. It like ocmparing a Jim brown to barry sanders.
This is how I exactly feel lol love your analogy so true haha ...both great tho in their own way

sammyvine
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Both but Kobe takes it he has that old school mentality that players lack these days ...all about business on the court no joking around and he can BALL his *** off he is the most skillful player on the offensive side of the ball.I have ever seen unstoppable at one point

Lebron however has a chance to become the GOAT he is something that has never been seen in this league 6 8 255 point forward who can do anything u ask.of him (reason why he shouldn't be compared to Kobe or Jordan different styles of play) it's pretty scary only downside he seems to shy away from the moment at times but a unique athlete...I respect his greatness
i dont think this at all

if all players had 0 rings i still think mj and kareem were better basketball players and more skilled
he may be the most successful but i dont see him winning 6 rings.

ShowtimeNo24
06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Finesse vs Power, Work vs Talent, Selfishness vs Unselfisness, Arrogance vs Modesty, Old School vs New School, Winning vs Having fun

I'll go with Kobe, because he is all about dedication and passion and he has the best offensive skillset i have yet to see in another player.

RiLoc
06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I think Kobe is often more fun to watch. He's slighter uses more finesse, he has magnificent footwork. Statistically and strategically he makes questionable choices, most notably when he plays hero ball, but most fans thirst for that. That hell bent hero ball may be an indulgence for Kobe, but he’s also indulging us.

On the other side, LeBron is the best player of this generation. He is flat out dominate on every part of the floor. The way he can control all the different aspects of the game is incredible. I think it's really enjoyable to see his game blossom. I think it's going to be very exciting see how his game develops as he gets older.

For all the horrible stuff that's said about LeBron, I think you'd have a hard time making an argument he's a worse as a person than Kobe.

martin_108
06-25-2013, 09:16 PM

i dont think this at all

if all players had 0 rings i still think mj and kareem were better basketball players and more skilled
he may be the most successful but i dont see him winning 6 rings.
Yea prob went to far on the GOAT part but he sure has the ability to be a top 5 player of all-time