PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Is Getting Paul Pierce This Summer?

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Latest out of Boston is that Pierce is definitely going to get bought out this summer. According to rumors he doesn't care about money but wants to go to a preferred city on a contender. People like to bash him like he had such a terrible year but 35 years old and all.... he put up 19/6/5/1 on great efficiency last season. He will still be a HUGE addition to any team as a 2nd or 3rd option.

I'm going to predict he's going to sign with his hometown Clips for MLE over 2-3 years.

waveycrockett
05-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Team AARP

Jtirado16
05-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I think the Clips, but I also could see Memphis as a sleeper team in all of this

Kashmir13579
05-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Who likes to bash him like he had such a terrible year? Paul Pierce has aged like fine wine.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Who likes to bash him like he had such a terrible year? Paul Pierce has aged like fine wine.

I don't remember who specifically but it seemed like a lot of people were talking sh** about him, especially in the playoffs about how he disappeared and how old he is.

Kashmir13579
05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Its Pierce AKA The Wheelchair, of course people are talking **** about him.

Minimal
05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Pierce and Garnett to Miami.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Its Pierce AKA The Wheelchair, of course people are talking **** about him.

:laugh::laugh:

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2008/06/06/va1237312210745/Boston-Celtics-Paul-Pierce-6080583.jpg

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Pierce and Garnett to Miami.

Miami is already going to have to lose Bosh or Wade next year for financial reasons... what the hell makes you think they can take on both those guys, which BTW hate the Heat with a passion?

Minimal
05-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Miami is already going to have to lose Bosh or Wade next year for financial reasons... what the hell makes you think they can take on both those guys, which BTW hate the Heat with a passion?
I was Sarcastic. He won't go to Miami for obvious reasons, no one is waiting for him there anyway.
I think he is gonna land in Dallas for some reason.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I was Sarcastic. He won't go to Miami for obvious reasons, no one is waiting for him there anyway.

My bad thought you were being serious. :cheers:. I was like WTF? Least likely place to land sure. Which contending teams outside of maybe the Grizzlies and Clippers need a SF anyways?

naps
05-26-2013, 02:08 PM

Clippersfan86 already started to assuming Pierce is a Clipper and how people hate him (in his imagination ofcourse) and how good of a year he has had etc. ala we have seen threads from him about Griffin, and DJ.

Minimal
05-26-2013, 02:14 PM
My bad thought you were being serious. :cheers:. I was like WTF? Least likely place to land sure. Which contending teams outside of maybe the Grizzlies and Clippers need a SF anyways?
I believe he is gonna land in Dallas. Dallas can make last pushes with that "old" roster, before starting to rebuild.

Hangtime
05-26-2013, 02:16 PM
He would be great for the Grizz. Would fit in nicely in that system. Upgrade over Prince.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
I believe he is gonna land in Dallas. Dallas can make last pushes with that "old" roster, before starting to rebuild.

Dallas is a good choice if they can also land CP3 or Dwight (doubtful). Something like CP3+Pierce+Dirk would be an amazing trio for the next 2-3 years if healthy.

Kashmir13579
05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Clippersfan86 already started to assuming Pierce is a Clipper and how people hate him (in his imagination ofcourse) and how good of a year he has had etc. ala we have seen threads from him about Griffin, and DJ.

I guess i'm just not that in-tune with the NBA forum and its nuances these days.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I guess i'm just not that in-tune with the NBA forum and its nuances these days.

Don't take his word for it with the senseless trolling. Go read through some of the Knicks/Celtics game threads and see for yourself. Celtics fans and non Celtics fans alike bashed Pierce often.

Goose17
05-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Starting for Clippers or OKC as new sixth man. Would love to see him in either of those roles.

Jarvo
05-26-2013, 03:03 PM
The Grizz like I've been said.

Jarvo
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Or Denver if Iggy leave.

shep33
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Grizz would be scary good with him. Clips too.

sep11ie
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Gonna take Delfino's old role as 6th man on the Rockets. DISCOUNTED!!!

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol "great efficiency." Pierce is a bawse though.

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Gonna take Delfino's old role as 6th man on the Rockets. DISCOUNTED!!!

He'd be your teams best SF.

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2013, 04:32 PM
If take him on the grizz

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Lol "great efficiency." Pierce is a bawse though.

TS% of 56, PER of 19 and 44 percent from the floor, 38 percent from deep seems very efficient to me. Not cream of the crop or anything but above average?

kozelkid
05-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Team AARP

That's actually pretty funny.

That said, I say Clippers, but man I'd love for him to accept the sixth man role, MLE and join the Bulls. That's not too much to ask, is it? :D

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 04:41 PM
That's actually pretty funny.

That said, I say Clippers, but man I'd love for him to accept the sixth man role, MLE and join the Bulls. That's not too much to ask, is it? :D

I was thinking Bulls would be a good fit too but with Butler's emergence and Deng still being the SF there I don't know if the Bulls would wanna shake up their rotation that much.

ArmLaker
05-26-2013, 04:45 PM
The deal for PP has to include his wheelchair to really entice other teams.

TheNumber37
05-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Pierce is from Cali so I def see him playing for one of those teams.
Most likely, the Clippers, but the warriors have to also be intriguing.

I think However, Pierce needs a team that plays great Defense and is smart. He doesn't need to be the focal point of the offense, a great DH type player at this stage. For the most part he needs spot ups, easy posts and a few high isos.

Look out for Memphis and even San Antonio who could offer pierce a fair deal to go out with Timmy D.

kozelkid
05-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I was thinking Bulls would be a good fit too but with Butler's emergence and Deng still being the SF there I don't know if the Bulls would wanna shake up their rotation that much.

Thibs will hate it, but Bulls would be wise to consider offers for Deng. He expires after this season and unless he's willing to accept a smaller extension, say 3-4 years 8-9mil a year (which I don't expect him to), I wouldn't be to eager to extend Deng to the offer he'll likely want given his history of injuries and miles on him, especially given Butler's emergence.

That said, even if we keep Deng, I still could see Pierce getting a big role on this team. For one, Deng could easily play a lot of minutes at the 4, especially against the Heat who love to go small. A three man rotation of Pierce/Deng/Butler at the wings would also offer a lot of rest for each player during the season. In the end, Pierce just brings such a vital component to the Bulls where he wouldn't have to be the focal option. I just hope Bulls ability as a contender and any past relationship with Thibs could sway him to come, even if it means less money and an off the bench role.

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Why would the Celtics "buy him out"???? He still has trade value.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:13 PM

Because in order to trade him they would need to take on equal salary. For a team trying to shed cap and rebuild it's stupid to trade in that scenario unless they are getting young assets, but usually young assets don't get paid enough to match salary.

Chronz
05-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Id love me some pierce, but I hate when moves I want happen a year late.

Chronz
05-26-2013, 05:18 PM

Because in order to trade him they would need to take on equal salary. For a team trying to shed cap and rebuild it's stupid to trade in that scenario unless they are getting young assets, but usually young assets don't get paid enough to match salary.
They will try to trade him first for sure tho

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:19 PM
They will try to trade him first for sure tho

For sure. Ainge is known to try to rape people in trades so no doubt he's going to try. I doubt anybody gives in though. Why trade for a 15 mill a year player when you can sign him for WAY cheaper when he's bought out by Boston this summer? The only teams dumb enough to try that are small market, rebuilding teams with cap space probably. None of the "contenders" would do it. So if he wants to spend his last days in a place like Washington DC...

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 05:21 PM
TS% of 56, PER of 19 and 44 percent from the floor, 38 percent from deep seems very efficient to me. Not cream of the crop or anything but above average?

.55 is league average. and a 106 Ortg isn't anything great. However at his age, he never was supposed to handle such a huge load in the first place.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:24 PM
.55 is league average. and a 106 Ortg isn't anything great. However at his age, he never was supposed to handle such a huge load in the first place.

I'll take your word for it. Maybe I'm just used to ****** efficiency players on the Clippers :cheers:. Like you said he carried a pretty big load in recent years for that Celtics team. How do you think he would fit as a 3rd option to BG/CP3? I was thinking it might work well because both guys love to pass and Pierce seems amazing at moving off the ball and hitting clutch shots. With CP3+Griffin drawing so much attention it seems like Pierce would have an easy job.

Shkelqim
05-26-2013, 05:28 PM
He's Dallas bound, him Dirk nd Dwight. Mark Cuban is an outspoken genius

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
I'll take your word for it. Maybe I'm just used to ****** efficiency players on the Clippers :cheers:. Like you said he carried a pretty big load in recent years for that Celtics team. How do you think he would fit as a 3rd option to BG/CP3? I was thinking it might work well because both guys love to pass and Pierce seems amazing at moving off the ball and hitting clutch shots. With CP3+Griffin drawing so much attention it seems like Pierce would have an easy job.

With players his age, you never know. However skillset wise, he should have no problems reverting back to his .60 TS and +112 Ortg levels when Boston was stacked, which is borderline elite effiency. The greatest gain you'd see is mainly in his replacement of Caron, that in itself has value.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:50 PM
With players his age, you never know. However skillset wise, he should have no problems reverting back to his .60 TS and +112 Ortg levels when Boston was stacked, which is borderline elite effiency. The greatest gain you'd see is mainly in his replacement of Caron, that in itself has value.

For sure. Addition by subtraction AND addition by addition :). Butler now just had 1 year left and should be moved to a young team needing veteran leadership.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:51 PM
How do I add a poll?

JordansBulls
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Pierce and KG to Chicago for Deng, Boozer, Marco.

koreancabbage
05-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Houston.

Dwight
Robinson
Pierce
Harden
Lin

Badluck33
05-27-2013, 03:12 PM
my guess would be somewhere over seas.

China?

Russia?

Greece?

shep33
05-27-2013, 03:25 PM
He's Dallas bound, him Dirk nd Dwight. Mark Cuban is an outspoken genius

That'll be good enough for like 5th or 6th in the west, at best.

Redrum187
05-27-2013, 03:42 PM
He should go to Dallas with Dwight Howard. They would make Dallas relevant again.

PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo - Vince Carter
SF: Paul Pierce - Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Brandon Wright
C : Dwight Howard

D-Leethal
05-27-2013, 03:45 PM
He would be the missing link for the Grizz. Could Ed Davis, Bayless and picks get it done? Probably not. Not sure what else they could offer.

Redrum187
05-27-2013, 03:45 PM
That'll be good enough for like 5th or 6th in the west, at best.

The odds of that line-up making it only to 5th or 6th in the west is only slightly higher than Jerry Buss coming back from the dead.

THE MTL
05-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I really hope Boston finds a way to keep him. I cant imagine Pierce in another uniform. If it comes down to that though, I like the idea of him going to the Clippers. They can definitely use him. Hell, my Knicks can use him too but that wouldnt happen for MORE than obvious reasons.

29$JerZ
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
He'll be the starting SF for NY.

Felton - Shumpert - Pierce - Melo - Tyson

bagwell368
05-27-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't remember who specifically but it seemed like a lot of people were talking sh** about him, especially in the playoffs about how he disappeared and how old he is.

Pierce sucked in the playoffs, really bad. So says this Celt fan of 45 years. In the regular season he doesn't drive anymore, just takes J's over screens. He's been slowing and his decision making was very shaky at times. He's only going to get worse. So far BTW he has resisted coming off the bench.

bagwell368
05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
With players his age, you never know. However skillset wise, he should have no problems reverting back to his .60 TS and +112 Ortg levels when Boston was stacked, which is borderline elite effiency.

He's moving deep into his decline phase. You're dreaming.

LongWayFromHome
05-27-2013, 11:00 PM
He should go to Dallas with Dwight Howard. They would make Dallas relevant again.

PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo - Vince Carter
SF: Paul Pierce - Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Brandon Wright
C : Dwight Howard

If Dallas got Pierce and Dwight they wouldn't be able to retain Mayo and Brandon Wright, Collison possibly. Believe me you want Marion starting on that squad. Maybe you start Carter and have Paul Pierce play a major role off the bench. Can you start Pierce at the 2? I'm not familiar enough with his ball handling. Either way you need a much stronger PG to take that team to the 2nd round.

JordansBulls
06-01-2013, 03:13 PM
my guess would be somewhere over seas.

China?

Russia?

Greece?

Dude averaged 19/6/5 last year. Not like he was under double digits or something.

Kuya_Clive
06-01-2013, 03:19 PM
He's moving deep into his decline phase. You're dreaming.
California dreamin'