PDA

View Full Version : Who would you root for in a MIA-SAS finals

iceteawithlemon
05-26-2013, 04:43 AM
The question is not for a MIA or SAS fan. Many people don't like Miami because they pulled the Big Three stunt which has made the Eastern conference a walkover for them (they'll beat Indiana again), but the Spurs ultimately throughout their years of dirty, ugly looking yet effective basketball still manage to be the team I root against in this potential matchup. I remember Bruce Bowen and in the only Spurs game I have watched this year I have seen Matt Bonner's ridiculous looking shot go in again and again. I just despise that team.

So go Miami. I'm not even rooting for them, but I'm hoping for a sweep. Wanting the Spurs to win, even a single game, is still uncomprehensible for me.

jerellh528
05-26-2013, 04:46 AM
I don't think miami will get past the pacers, but if they do then I would root for the heat to win because its my girlfriend's team and I hate the spurs since they always seem to have playoff series against my lakers.

Iron24th
05-26-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't think miami will get past the pacers, but if they do then I would root for the heat to win because its my girlfriend's team and I hate the spurs since they always seem to have playoff series against my lakers.

Lakers and Spurs met 12 times in playoffs history, the Lakers have won 8 times out of 12 and 4 out of the last 6.

I'll root for the Spurs since they're the only other team who dominated the last decade with us, a great rivalry.

Timmy, TP and Pop deserve another ring.

PhillyFaninLA
05-26-2013, 05:02 AM
I would root for the Spurs for one reason only.....before the playoffs starting I said to a coworker that I want to see the Spurs win it and Duncan retire having just won a ring. Now I don't believe they will win or he will retire its what I want to see. Go like Elway should be the dream.

I also believe Lebron is unlikely done winning titles, he showed this year he is still getting better.

HouRealCoach
05-26-2013, 05:10 AM
Spurs because of Tracy McGrady

ThunderousDemon
05-26-2013, 05:12 AM
I need the Heat to fail to increase my team's chances of possibly acquiring Lebron James in the off-season.

The Pacers or Spurs, doesn't matter who does the deed.

JasonJohnHorn
05-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Firstly, I don't think the Heat are a lock for the Indy series... I expect them to win, but Indy has a legit shot. As a fan of the game, I'd much rather see a Pacers/Spurs finals than a Heat/Spurs final.

That said, I will root for the Spurs. I love their style of play and I think it would be a great cherry on top of Duncan's career. Putting him at 5 rings ties him with Kobe and I think that many people under value Duncan because he simply was not as selfish as Kobe and didn't demand that plays be run for him. Duncan is a great competitor and realizes the value of team play and Kobe has, for many years (though he has matured) wanted to be the guy taking the most shots every night.

I think with 5 rings, more people will have to recognize that Duncan has a legit argument as the best player of his generation. I don't buy into the whole ring count in terms of defining a player's legacy, but it is important to many and I would like to see Duncan get the recognition he deserves.

Jtirado16
05-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Lets wait till both series are closed & over with!

Then we'll see who everyone is rooting for

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 01:30 PM
I wish both teams a horrible death.

sportsfan222
05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
spurs without a question.

cant stand wade as a player, hes dirty and complains a lot, and on the other hand tim duncan, an all time great player, 1st ballot hall of famer, he deserves at least another ring before he is done.

Kashmir13579
05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I want to see Indiana and the Spurs in the finals..

bbcmillionaire
05-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Spurs, Timmy is my favorite big man ever. Popavich is one me of my favorite coaches ever. Tony Parker is one of my favorite pgs. Lol lets just look at my profile

Hangtime
05-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Duncan get one more before retiring and this will likely be his last opportunity unless he goes ring chasing. The basketball enthusiast in me would probably rather see Spurs/Pacers. But I know the critics will come out in full blast if Lebron and the Heat fails to repeat.

sep11ie
05-26-2013, 02:04 PM
The Pacers and Duncan's wife.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Miami. Though with Wade playing like a *****, I find it hard to believe they will repeat.

Swarley91
05-26-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question, explain again how Miami is going to get past Indiana?

lamzoka
05-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Spurs and if history repeats itself they will win again

Spurs never lost in the finals
They won all their chips in odd years. 99, 03, 05, 07 AND MOST LIKELY 13
Miami won all their chips in even years 06, 12
Lebron James lost everytime he goes to the finals in odd years 07 and 11

lamzoka
05-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question, explain again how Miami is going to get past Indiana?

this!
miami could've easily headed back to indy down 0-2

A Black Prophet
05-26-2013, 02:38 PM
this!

Hows your knicks

*Superman*
05-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Anyone else remember this? I'd laugh if the Spurs won again and Duncan said the same thing to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGY6UamVRSU

tredigs
05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Miami. Though with Wade playing like a *****, I find it hard to believe they will repeat.

You'd think they'd have plenty of firepower to repeat even if Wade's scoring production is down. I mean Ray Allen in Mike Miller's role and Birdman beasting in Joel Anthony's old role should offset that plenty. Bosh and Lebron both need to start getting more aggressive.

I almost always root west, and that won't be any different this season. OP, your reasoning left a lot to be desired. "They play dirty ugly basketball (WHAT?) and I watched one game this year and Matt Bonner shoots ugly". Nice.

kdspurman
05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Anyone else remember this? I'd laugh if the Spurs won again and Duncan said the same thing to him.

Haha I remember that... He was right in what he said, but he'd have to think of something else to tell him this time

*Superman*
05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Haha I remember that... He was right in what he said, but he'd have to think of something else to tell him this time

Duncan will be relevant till he's 47...

Hilarious sig btw.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
You'd think they'd have plenty of firepower to repeat even if Wade's scoring production is down. I mean Ray Allen in Mike Miller's role and Birdman beasting in Joel Anthony's old role should offset that plenty. Bosh and Lebron both need to start getting more aggressive.

I almost always root west, and that won't be any different this season. OP, your reasoning left a lot to be desired. "They play dirty ugly basketball (WHAT?) and I watched one game this year and Matt Bonner shoots ugly". Nice.

No doubt Lebron needs to get far more aggressive (funny, he is averaging 34 in the ECF's), with Wade playing so poorly. They also need to go to Bosh more, even though he is in a rough matchup with Hibbert.

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Spurs, although the Heat winning would mean I don't have to bash my tv screen in.

b@llhog24
05-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Funny how reality works huh?

Hustla23
05-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't even watch the Finals if that was the case.

Was hoping the Grizzlies would take it all but they clearly suck. Now I'm hoping Indiana can beat both the Heat and the Spurs (barring a catastrophic meltdown).

Minimal
05-26-2013, 04:29 PM
this!
Same can be said about Indy.

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Lakers and Spurs met 12 times in playoffs history, the Lakers have won 8 times out of 12 and 4 out of the last 6.

I'll root for the Spurs since they're the only other team who dominated the last decade with us, a great rivalry.

Timmy, TP and Pop deserve another ring.

This doesn't even make sense. I respect the SAS franchise. Honestly a great franchise to play for. But in regards to who deserves another ring, it's obviously James. They have 4 already, they don't "deserve" anything. James has been nothing but spectacular this season and he deserves the ring just like he deserved the MVP award.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Spurs because I love Tim Duncan.

Shkelqim
05-26-2013, 05:32 PM
I wanted the grizzlies to win and make it an interesting finals.

Ryan328
05-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Spurs because I love Tim Duncan.

Basically this

HoodedSB
05-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd watch a few games but I wouldn't care who won. Don't like/dislike either team, and I think the heat would have their way with the spurs so it wouldn't be a series I would look forward to.

shep33
05-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Stern

STAT1
05-26-2013, 05:42 PM
The NFL

kdspurman
05-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Duncan will be relevant till he's 47...

Hilarious sig btw.

Seriously at at this rate lol.. & Thanks :)

jrm2054
05-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Spurs

Odominator
05-26-2013, 06:19 PM
a sinkhole to open up and swallow up both teams in the middle of game 7

ATX
05-26-2013, 06:22 PM
this!

...And they also could have gone on the road up 2-0. Both games came down to the wire, and I expect nothing less tonight. This series is up for grabs. Not sure why everyone has just written off Miami all of a sudden because they lost 1 game.

SportsFanatic10
05-26-2013, 06:33 PM

haha you guys must fight all the time.

--23--
05-26-2013, 08:24 PM
The Spurs for Timmy and Ginobili.

Doesn't matter who comes out the East, I normally root for the WC teams if my team isn't in the Finals. The only exception was the Celtics(08' 10'), because KG is one of my all-time favorites.

jerellh528
05-26-2013, 09:09 PM
haha you guys must fight all the time.

you have no idea. We fight a lot over basketball(not seriously tho). She knows her stuff too, she used to play and now coaches. She used to be a lakers fan but hates kobe's guts so switched to heat :/

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Prob won't watch much unless Indy makes it. That's who I'm pulling for

ManRam
05-26-2013, 10:05 PM
the spurs. really want timmy to get one more, and manu is one of my all time favorites.

ldawg
05-26-2013, 10:36 PM
They will stupid refs keep falling for flopping 2012 all over again

Max.This
05-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Not even going to watch it, just like 3/4 of America

ATX
05-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Not even going to watch it, just like 3/4 of America

Not an NBA fan? Why post then?

Hustla23
05-26-2013, 10:51 PM
What would be interesting to see is if Lebron and co can outflop Ginobli and co. That would be a super tight score to keep track of.

Max.This
05-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Not an NBA fan? Why post then?

how the hell does that say im not an NBA fan. The NBA is like WWE, there are some matches you will watch and some that you won't watch. Either way the outcomes are dictated and drawn up.

Ezio
05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
how the hell does that say im not an NBA fan. The NBA is like WWE, there are some matches you will watch and some that you won't watch. Either way the outcomes are dictated and drawn up.

So who is John Cena and who is The Rock?

Jarvo
05-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Timmmmmmaaaaa!

ColtsSpursTerps
05-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Firstly, I don't think the Heat are a lock for the Indy series... I expect them to win, but Indy has a legit shot. As a fan of the game, I'd much rather see a Pacers/Spurs finals than a Heat/Spurs final.

That said, I will root for the Spurs. I love their style of play and I think it would be a great cherry on top of Duncan's career. Putting him at 5 rings ties him with Kobe and I think that many people under value Duncan because he simply was not as selfish as Kobe and didn't demand that plays be run for him. Duncan is a great competitor and realizes the value of team play and Kobe has, for many years (though he has matured) wanted to be the guy taking the most shots every night.

I think with 5 rings, more people will have to recognize that Duncan has a legit argument as the best player of his generation. I don't buy into the whole ring count in terms of defining a player's legacy, but it is important to many and I would like to see Duncan get the recognition he deserves.

this

OceanSpray
05-27-2013, 12:51 AM
This question in simpler terms: "How many of you hate LeBron?"

ThunderousDemon
05-27-2013, 01:05 AM
I can't hate a future Laker.

I need the Spurs or Pacers to defeat the heat to increase the Lakers chances of acquiring him.

NYKalltheway
05-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Spurs. My strong dislike for the Heat goes back in the 90s and the current antiques (post 2010) aren't helping them win me over either.

ManRam
05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
This question in simpler terms: "How many of you hate LeBron?"

i think it's pretty obvious i love lebron.

and i would rather see the spurs win.

:shrug:

KnicksorBust
05-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Spurs so then we can start debating Duncan has a top 5 player of all-time. :) THAT would be interesting.

still1ballin
05-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Go spurs Go!

JordansBulls
05-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Spurs for me. I want Duncan to get his 5th ring and I want Tmac to get a ring.

tredigs
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
i think it's pretty obvious i love lebron.

and i would rather see the spurs win.

:shrug:

Lebron rounds out my top 10 favorite players of all time, and the kid seems convinced I hate him. If that gives you any idea of his level of worship and defensiveness of the guy. Frankly it's disturbing and probably unhealthy.

I'm just glad it's trending towards this being the actual series. It's a much more interesting battle imo, especially seeing that the Spurs could sweep and have some extra rest.

Ryan328
05-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I want Ducan to get ring #5....I've also never been a LeBron fan (dates back to Cleveland to). Also picked SA over Miami in March sooo yeah there's that.

Ryan328
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM

I need the Spurs or Pacers to defeat the heat to increase the Lakers chances of acquiring him.

I honestly don't see LeBron leaving Miami (Especially not for LA)...yet at least. Signs another 5 year deal and can opt out after year 3 then probably returns to Cleveland.

Laidback_Scrapp
05-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Spurs deserve one more ring they're the most complete franchise from top to bottom and have set themselves up to thrive for more years to come. Heat gunna win at least 2 more chips in my eyes spurs deserve this one

harryharrison
05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Spurs do not play ugly basketball. Boring, maybe? Ugly, no.

enitialdee
05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
The spurs, cause Timmy 5 rings >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe 5 rings, and Laker fans will finally stfu.. But I doubt the last part will ever happen though.

naps
05-27-2013, 06:04 PM

LOL. Pretty sure most Kobe fans are drooling over this (They won't let it out like you did though). They wanna root for a real talent who's not overrated ;)

ThunderousDemon
05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm a Lakers fan who wants my team to win.

I don't think Lebron could bring in as many championships as Kobe did, but one or two more is not a bad thing.

Kobe is a top ten player and Lebron will most likely finish in the top ten as well.

You're no better than the homer Kobe fans.

Different player, same ****.

Jenceman
05-27-2013, 08:55 PM
LOL. Pretty sure most Kobe fans are drooling over this (They won't let it out like you did though). They wanna root for a real talent who's not overrated ;)

You're way worse than the kobephiles you claim to hate at this point. Like, wayyyyy worse.

iceteawithlemon
05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
OP, your reasoning left a lot to be desired. "They play dirty ugly basketball (WHAT?) and I watched one game this year and Matt Bonner shoots ugly". Nice.

Times change and people forget. Let me try to explain. I'm a Net fan. I remember the game where VC was playing his best game ever and had to get ejected after half time because "class act" Bruce Bowen pulled his "extend leg under jump shooter" trick again. That's one reason. (Bruce Bowen has a lengthy history of that ****, and he retired from the Spurs, as that is the type of player the Spurs like)

Phoenix-Spurs series, back when the Suns were the Spurs *****. Game 3 or something, either Horry or another Spurs class act almost clotheslines Nash. A scrimmage ensues. Key Phoenix players are suspended, only a Spurs role player gets suspended(I think it was Horry). Dirty, conniving tactics ensuring you provoke your opponent to the point where they snap. So sympathy vote for the loser Suns, and no sympathy for the Spurs who never even lost a championship series (finals). They beat the legendary Pistons for c.o.l. Why root for the behemoth whose got cheap tricks up his sleeve?

I watched one Spurs game this year. I saw Ginobili flop again. No suspension. (The 3 free throw gift they got at the end of a quarter in Game 1 against Memphis). I saw Red Rocket Ginger Matt Bonner shoot that ridiculous shot and score.

But I guess the biggest reason I dislike them is because they just wont go away, they are relevant every season. And they still manage to draft good players. So the Heat are pricks for pulling the big three stunt, but the Spurs are not far off at all.

There are many other reasons. I hope someone else elaborates, I'm not the only one who dislikes the Spurs.

kdspurman
05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Times change and people forget. Let me try to explain. I'm a Net fan. I remember the game where VC was playing his best game ever and had to get ejected after half time because "class act" Bruce Bowen pulled his "extend leg under jump shooter" trick again. That's one reason. (Bruce Bowen has a lengthy history of that ****, and he retired from the Spurs, as that is the type of player the Spurs like)

Phoenix-Spurs series, back when the Suns were the Spurs *****. Game 3 or something, either Horry or another Spurs class act almost clotheslines Nash. A scrimmage ensues. Key Phoenix players are suspended, only a Spurs role player gets suspended(I think it was Horry). Dirty, conniving tactics ensuring you provoke your opponent to the point where they snap. So sympathy vote for the loser Suns, and no sympathy for the Spurs who never even lost a championship series (finals). They beat the legendary Pistons for c.o.l. Why root for the behemoth whose got cheap tricks up his sleeve?

I watched one Spurs game this year. I saw Ginobili flop again. No suspension. (The 3 free throw gift they got at the end of a quarter in Game 1 against Memphis). I saw Red Rocket Ginger Matt Bonner shoot that ridiculous shot and score.

But I guess the biggest reason I dislike them is because they just wont go away, they are relevant every season. And they still manage to draft good players. So the Heat are pricks for pulling the big three stunt, but the Spurs are not far off at all.

There are many other reasons. I hope someone else elaborates, I'm not the only one who dislikes the Spurs.

I think you mean Horry bumped Nash, and Nash flopped/sold the hit. (He admitted this too btw)

The Bad Boy Spurs :smoking:

Mikeleafs
05-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I want anyone not named Miami to win... Doubt that happens, I cant see anyone beating the Heat with the way they're playing.

still1ballin
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
The spurs, cause Timmy 5 rings >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe 5 rings, and Laker fans will finally stfu.. But I doubt the last part will ever happen though.

So 5>5

Makes sense :cool:

BigBlueCrew
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
San Antonio easy. Cuz if they win I know somewhere David Stern will by crying and I despise the guy as you can tell from my many posts.

NYKnickFanatic
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Spurs. I'd like to see TD get another ring, along with Parker and Manu. Also, wouldn't mind seeing TMac become a champ, even though he has done jack **** for them. :laugh2:

Knick_Fever
05-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Spurs. Statistically, they're better than the Heat in scoring, defense, rebounds, and assists during the playoffs. All that will change when they face the heat, but given their high team BB-IQ and abundance of experience, and best coach in the game, Spurs in 6.

iceteawithlemon
05-28-2013, 04:02 PM
I think you mean Horry bumped Nash, and Nash flopped/sold the hit. (He admitted this too btw)

The Bad Boy Spurs :smoking:

You call this a bump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBeCQak588

Oh wait, I just saw your avatar. No point in discussing with you. Have fun rooting for Ginobili, maybe he'll get to kill another bat. That was real stylish too. Or Parker, screwing your teammates wife. Classy team.

WadeCounty
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM

This is actually the main reason why I am ecstatic the Spurs will be in the finals. I remember rooting for Lebron during those finals but one man couldn't defeat their big 3 and company. With all the hate Miami gets for their big 3 no one ever says anything about the Spurs. They have had their same big 3 for a decade now. What makes Miami and San Antonio any different? What, just because they drafted them makes it any different? Both teams starters took pay cuts to keep their teammates.

Talk all you want about the Heat flopping but Manu beats them all combined. I remember that year saying, you wouldn't be so cocky if Lebron had bosh and wade in his team (I mentioned those 2 as I always associated them with each other due to their friendship, crazy huh) and now bam, Lebron has the chance of maybe reaching the finals and this time with actual backup with the same 2 people I mentioned before.

I'm done being butthurt

kdspurman
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM
You call this a bump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBeCQak588

Oh wait, I just saw your avatar. No point in discussing with you. Have fun rooting for Ginobili, maybe he'll get to kill another bat. That was real stylish too. Or Parker, screwing your teammates wife. Classy team.

It's far closer to a bump than a clothesline.

iceteawithlemon
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Haha that sigpic is mighty funny/awkward too, considering its from someone who roots for ginobili... No point indeed.

SteBO
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I'd like for the Heat to get past the Pacers first......Game 4 tonight. Should be a great game.

spurs4#5
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Duncan get one more before retiring and this will likely be his last opportunity unless he goes ring chasing. The basketball enthusiast in me would probably rather see Spurs/Pacers. But I know the critics will come out in full blast if Lebron and the Heat fails to repeat.
Its funny the casual fan has been saying for the past 3 or 4 years that it was their last chance yet they made the wcf last year are now in the finals and should have.some decent cap room till make their roster more complete for next year...duncan isnt retiring if they win...he's playing at an amazing level

IversonIsKrazy
05-28-2013, 09:06 PM
SSSSSPPPPPPUUUUUURRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Can't wait 'till June 6. Parker is going to explode. Biggest thing abt Miami is that he can literally fall asleep on defense, Chalmers? Cole? Absolutely nothing. He will have so much energy on offense, even if LeBron decides to guard him, he wont be able to keep up. Dude will be running thru 4 screens before even touching the ball, followed be 2 or 3 P&R's lol. Duncan will outplay Bosh. Green will play solid defense on Wade. Can't wait for that #5! Spurs will finally be recognized undoubtely as a Dynasty. And Duncan will finally have a legitimate argue as being greatest BIG of all-time, while TP9 will take over as Best PG.

ldawg
05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Pacers

iceteawithlemon
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
again...