PDA

View Full Version : NBA reviewing Heat-Pacers plays

ThunderousDemon
05-25-2013, 09:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9311636/2013-nba-playoffs-nba-reviewing-dwyane-wade-elbow-other-plays-game-2-eastern-conference-finals

Specifically, the league is believed to be reviewing an elbow Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade gave to Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson in the second half of the Pacers' 97-93 win.

Wade collided with Stephenson running back on defense after turning over the ball. Stephenson crashed to the court on the play, though it was unclear whether the hit was intentional.

Several other plays are under review, including a blow the Pacers' David West gave to Mario Chalmers in the third quarter.

Neither play was called a foul during the game by officials.

It is possible the league could assess a flagrant foul, a fine or a suspension, or do nothing.

After Game 1, the league issued a retroactive flagrant foul to the Pacers' Ian Mahmini.

Earlier this season, Jackson suspended Wade retroactively for a hit on Charlotte Bobcats guard Ramon Sessions. There was no foul initially called on that play.

ThunderousDemon
05-25-2013, 09:46 PM
An elbow to the head deserves a harsher punishment than an elbow to the shoulder.

ewmania
05-25-2013, 09:48 PM
An elbow to the head deserves a harsher punishment than an elbow to the shoulder.

if they suspend wade, the league will make sure they suspend atleast 1 other valuable pacer LOL

ThunderousDemon
05-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Wade always does these types of plays.

Leg to the crotch of Ramon Sessions

Fracturing Kobe's nose during the All star game

Pulling Rajon Rondo down which resulted in a serious injury

Pushing collision while running

Pushing Hamilton

Punish his punk ***.

still1ballin
05-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Wade deserves a suspension!

Dirty player

ryang
05-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Punish him for that play? Give me a break. West threw his elbow intentionally guaranteed. Wades elbow was nothing. He has a bad knee and decided to jump. You act like it was a flying elbow. Only a child would believe that elbow was thrown intentionally with force. In the 80s and 90s that play wouldn't even have been discussed. Or wests for that matter. But out of intention you can tell west threw his elbow. Wades can be viewed both ways.

PacersForLife
05-25-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm baffled as to why Wade would need to jump in that situation. Oh my knee hurts, I need to jump up and elbow Lance Stephenson to ease the pain.

still1ballin
05-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Punish him for that play? Give me a break. West threw his elbow intentionally guaranteed. Wades elbow was nothing. He has a bad knee and decided to jump. You act like it was a flying elbow. Only a child would believe that elbow was thrown intentionally with force. In the 80s and 90s that play wouldn't even have been discussed. Or wests for that matter. But out of intention you can tell west threw his elbow. Wades can be viewed both ways.

If that was Metta world peace he would of been thrown out on the spot

Lakeshow24KB
05-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Why is everyone comparing this to the 90s? Okay we understand the NBA is soft, that doesn't change how severe the punishments should be in this era. And Wade could've easily just adjusted his shoulders so that they were sideways and completely avoided Stephenson...I'm not saying it was intentional but it was stupid either way.

ManRam
05-25-2013, 11:08 PM
wade should be suspended. at first i thought it was accidental, but IDK. suspend him for a game, and let lebron ether the pacers on his own

goingfor28
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
wade 1 game ban. do it stern, grow a pair and do it.

ryang
05-25-2013, 11:17 PM
If that was Metta world peace he would of been thrown out on the spot

True. But do you really see wade going all out and throw a Nasty elbow? I don't. IMO west looke like he was aiming at charmers shoulder. Neither deserve a suspension but west seemed like he truly ment to do that. And as far as the 90s comment I use that so u understand how weak of an elbow that is. I don't see anything that leads me to believe he was throwing an elbow.

ManRam
05-25-2013, 11:26 PM
i genuinely think it was accidental, but since i hate him i hope he's a goner.

NYMetros
05-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Tough to give wade the benefit of the doubt when he has proven himself to be a cheap shot artist.

JC_
05-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I thought West's elbow was worse. Everyone knew Chalmers shoulder was messed up and West made a calculated elbow to the right spot. There was a replay with the perfect angle to show West actually aim his elbow.

Minimal
05-26-2013, 07:49 AM
If they suspend Wade, they should definitely suspend West too. That was 100% intentional cheap shot at injured Chalmers.

javsvt
05-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Fine West, suspend Wade........:cheers:

downsos
05-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Suspend Wade since he has a history of being dirty.

Hustla23
05-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't understand how jumping up and lunging your elbow at a guy's head can somehow be accidental. I mean, am I going crazy? Because if I ever wanted to get around someone, the last thing I did is jump off of one leg and just peg the guy in the face with my elbow.

PacersForLife
05-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't understand how jumping up and lunging your elbow at a guy's head can somehow be accidental. I mean, am I going crazy? Because if I ever wanted to get around someone, the last thing I did is jump off of one leg and just peg the guy in the face with my elbow.

Lol. That's what I'm saying.

ThaDubs
05-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Good tactics to get around people not in your way off ball on a fast break: jump and elbow them in the head

Slug3
05-26-2013, 11:02 AM
With Wades last 3 years and the amount of none basketball plays he has done. I could see him getting suspended.

Captain Moroni
05-26-2013, 11:19 AM
there is zero chance Wade gets suspended for this with the view they showed. Now if there is another angle that shows him looking at Stephensons face as he hit him....different story.

nastynice
05-26-2013, 11:59 AM

I don't think so.

What they did was basically the same thing. Wade PURPOSELY tried to steam roll stephenson, and imo ACCIDENTALLY landed an elbow to the head. West PURPOSELY tried to extend his screen to get some contact, and ACCIDENTALLY landed his elbow to his shoulder. Each one purposely initiated contact in a manner they know they shouldn't have, however I don't think either of them meant to actually deliver a blow (as opposed to the jr smith thread, where smiths intention was simply to give a elbow to the face).

The difference between the two I guess would be one person got hit in the arm, and one got his in the head. I don't know if that means they'll treat it differently, but if they do I'd imagine that's the only reason they would.

nastynice
05-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I never realized what a dirty player wade is. I was youtubing some of the stuff he's done, dude is hella dirty. Although I wouldn't call this elbow to stephensons head dirty.

bloomis1307
05-26-2013, 12:35 PM
you left out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3nQ_C6mQ4

Wade always does these types of plays.

Leg to the crotch of Ramon Sessions

Fracturing Kobe's nose during the All star game

Pulling Rajon Rondo down which resulted in a serious injury

Pushing collision while running

Pushing Hamilton

Punish his punk ***.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 02:07 PM
wade should be suspended. at first i thought it was accidental, but IDK. suspend him for a game, and let lebron ether the pacers on his own

PG says he wants to have a word with you :P

javsvt
05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
you left out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3nQ_C6mQ4
I'll give Dwayne a mulligan on that one, KG deserves it.

Twins Fanatic
05-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Let em play, makes the series more intense.

Shlumpledink
05-26-2013, 05:20 PM
If Miami won the game they would suspend Wade, give Indiana a chance to lengthen the series. Now that it is tied they don't want miami to be down in the series, so they keep wade in.