PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets and Raptors battling over GM of the year Masai Ujiri

spreadeagle
05-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Props to Kroenke, A lot of other presidents would have thrown a fit about something like this
Nuggets president Josh Kroenke told the Denver Post he and Masai Ujiri were putting the finishing touches on a contract extension when the Raptors requested permission to speak to Ujiri. Toronto met with Exec of the Year in Colorado on Friday and offered a hefty deal that could pay as high as $3 million annually, according to Yahoo. The bid and Ujiri’s ties to Toronto will likely weigh heavily in his decision process, as Ujiri thinks about his options over the weekend:

After agreeing in principle to a multi-million dollar and multi-year deal with team president Josh Kroenke prior to this summer, Kroenke said Friday night that as he and Ujiri were working through the final details of the arrangement, the Toronto GM position opened up and Toronto asked permission to interview Ujiri.

“I have understood all along the relationships that Masai has in Toronto, and I respect those immensely,” Kroenke said in a phone interview. “So when Toronto inquired about him recently, I knew that it was going to be a tough situation for everyone strictly because of the relationships involved.”

But Kroenke felt obliged to let him do the interview because of their friendship and Ujiri’s relationships in Toronto. Now Ujiri is mulling over an offer with the Raptors. Yahoo Sports reported it could be as high as $3 million, a high payment for a team executive.

“In my mind,” Kroenke said, “we had an agreement but it doesn’t matter because I would never hold someone back from an opportunity they might be curious about. Especially someone I hold in such high regard as Masai.

“If it was any other team, I wouldn’t even have thought about granting permission to speak to him. But it’s his former team and its not entirely a black-and-white situation. He’ll make the decision he thinks is best for himself, and I’ll support him no matter what.” http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/05/nuggets-masai-ujiri-had-an-agreement-before-raptors-offer/

D-Leethal
05-25-2013, 07:31 PM
+1 for the Nuggets organization. Seems like a classy joint.

Goose17
05-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Seems like a classy joint.

The only one in Denver.

akesh99
05-26-2013, 03:54 AM
Respectable move. I think TO's offer is gonna be too much money for Ujiri to pass up on

setman2000
05-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Go from a 57 win team that he built to the Sahara Desert of the NBA. Enjoy that Exec. of the Year award Masai, you'll never win one trying to sign and keep top talent in Toronto. (Do we really still have an NBA team in Canada?)

BirdIsTheWord
05-26-2013, 07:49 AM
I feel we dropped the ball on this one. He should have been locked up long ago.

phantasyyy
05-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Go from a 57 win team that he built to the Sahara Desert of the NBA. Enjoy that Exec. of the Year award Masai, you'll never win one trying to sign and keep top talent in Toronto. (Do we really still have an NBA team in Canada?)

someones a little bitter about the possibility of losing their gm lol

jon32
05-26-2013, 08:44 AM

gonna cry over it bro ?

keep trollin

deaner
05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
This is a reciprocal move. Toronto didn't want to let Masai go in the first place but did not stop him from a step forward in his career. It was a big loss at the time for our franchise. This is the perfect time to get him back. Seaman 2000 you need to do a bit of research on what's going down in Toronto. New ownership wants a winning product for content and will spend to the apron, hired Tim Leiweke away from the Lakers, set to build the leagues best training facility, not to mention the new wave of Canadian ballers. Ever heard of a guy named wiggins?

jimm120
05-26-2013, 09:02 AM
+1 for the Nuggets organization. Seems like a classy joint.

Yeah, pretty much the only thing they've done bad was force Chauncy Billups in the Melo deal. They forced him in there so they didn't have to pay his following year and get Felton back. Billups wanted to stay and coach there so bad.

jimm120
05-26-2013, 09:05 AM
This is a reciprocal move. Toronto didn't want to let Masai go in the first place but did not stop him from a step forward in his career. It was a big loss at the time for our franchise. This is the perfect time to get him back. Seaman 2000 you need to do a bit of research on what's going down in Toronto. New ownership wants a winning product for content and will spend to the apron, hired Tim Leiweke away from the Lakers, set to build the leagues best training facility, not to mention the new wave of Canadian ballers. Ever heard of a guy named wiggins?

So, you think Toronto will magically get the #1 seed like Chicago got the #1 seed to get their home-grown talent in Rose?

bucketss
05-26-2013, 11:48 AM

there is no reason

to be upset.

akesh99
05-26-2013, 12:22 PM
So, you think Toronto will magically get the #1 seed like Chicago got the #1 seed to get their home-grown talent in Rose?

I dont think he's implying Toronto is going to get the #1 pick. He's just commenting on the new wave of basketball talent coming from Canada in response to Setmans stupid comments about the NBA in Canada.

JEDean89
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I dont think he's implying Toronto is going to get the #1 pick. He's just commenting on the new wave of basketball talent coming from Canada in response to Setmans stupid comments about the NBA in Canada.

lol, steve nash is canadian too, that doesn't mean when he was a prospect that there was a new wave of canadian ballers. so ya, andrew wiggins, steven nash in the last what, 15 years?

deaner
05-26-2013, 09:58 PM

No, I don't think the league would rig that placement. But I do think the raps will try to get a lottery pick via trade for the chance at the hometown boy.

I used wiggins as an example of a star that would stay in Toronto. There are many more, in fact Tim Leiweke did his due diligence and asked a couple of top players in the NBA if they would play in Toronto and they said they would love to. Vince had a problem with the old ownership group and Bosh wasn't going to get max out of Toronto. Thank goodness. Toronto will not have a problem attracting star level talent in the future.

deaner
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
lol, steve nash is canadian too, that doesn't mean when he was a prospect that there was a new wave of canadian ballers. so ya, andrew wiggins, steven nash in the last what, 15 years?

You don't follow the draft do you.

JEDean89
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM
You don't follow the draft do you.

who? tristan thompson? kelly olynyk? myck kabongo? anthony bennett? none of these names scream baller, bennett is probably the best after wiggins but come on a wave of basketball stars? these guys are good role players to fringe allstars except Wiggins.

BHF
05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
why are you morons hating on Canada and Canadian players?

3Blueforyou
05-27-2013, 01:14 AM
who? tristan thompson? kelly olynyk? myck kabongo? anthony bennett? none of these names scream baller, bennett is probably the best after wiggins but come on a wave of basketball stars? these guys are good role players to fringe allstars except Wiggins.

the point which you sort of made without realizing, is the increased frequency of Canadian talent in higher positions in the draft. I can also speak for youth programs that a quickly growing here in Canada, the talent pool is growing.

setman2000
05-27-2013, 02:19 AM

Canadian Ballers! That's funny. Maybe it will get Canada a bronze medal in the Olympics one year. Just because a guy named Wiggins is Canadian doesn't mean he ends up in Toronto genius. Tim Leiweke was President of the Nuggets from 1991-1995 when they averaged about 32 wins a year under his reign. If Masai takes the job he will be taking a big step backwards and will never be relevant in the NBA again - it's a miracle it happened in Denver. Didn't Toronto hire a big name GM a few years ago? - How'd that work out? There are big market teams, smaller market teams and then Canada. Players that have lived there entire lives playing ball in the US are not wetting there pants to play in Canada and Masai can't change that.

BALLER R
05-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Canadian Ballers! That's funny. Maybe it will get Canada a bronze medal in the Olympics one year. Just because a guy named Wiggins is Canadian doesn't mean he ends up in Toronto genius. Tim Leiweke was President of the Nuggets from 1991-1995 when they averaged about 32 wins a year under his reign. If Masai takes the job he will be taking a big step backwards and will never be relevant in the NBA again - it's a miracle it happened in Denver. Didn't Toronto hire a big name GM a few years ago? - How'd that work out? There are big market teams, smaller market teams and then Canada. Players that have lived there entire lives playing ball in the US are not wetting there pants to play in Canada and Masai can't change that.

Toronto is a better market than most teams in the NBA wtf are you talking about. How about you look up how much money they make and those are with average teams. Also there are many players that would play here. These guys aren't stars but Derozan and Amir love it in toronto. So did Ed Davis.

jon32
05-27-2013, 09:35 AM

Literally the dumbest comment in the history of ******** idiot comments. Players dont wanna play in Toronto because they dont win and have never won. Most players have said Toronto is their favorite city in the NBA to visit, and Shaq has said before he woulda loved to have played if Toronto had a winning culture. So Big market, small market and then Canada is the biggest troll statement ever. Keep makin **** up tho bud

ACanadian
05-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Ignore him he's trolling, you should see him in his own forums LMAO

deaner
05-27-2013, 10:07 AM

Setman2000, ever been to Toronto?

setman2000
05-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Setman2000, ever been to Toronto?

JC - I'm not talking about Toronto as a city or how nice it is. One winning season since 2002 (at least), players that leave, NO major FA signings, overpay to get mediocre players to play there. You may have a couple of good players, not great, but you'll never land enough FA's to be competitive. If Shaq wanted to play in Toronto he could have F'ing played in Toronto! It's EASY to say $h!t like that AFTER you retire morons. I know there are great cities in Canada but as someone who was born and raised in the US I would love to visit them but not live in one - like 99% of B-Ball players who have spent there entire lives in American cities.

You can overpay your entire front office staff and it won't make one bit of difference to the players. One playoff appearance in the last 12 years (maybe longer - I stopped at 2002) in the pathetically weak East where sub-.500 teams make the playoffs. Toronto is a joke when it comes to B-Ball. They just hired a very legit GM 3 years ago and it didn't make one bit of difference. The only reason you have a couple of good players is because you draft in the lottery EVERY year - Congratulations!

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2013, 04:54 PM
So much of this guys facts are incredibly false that there's no point in arguing with him.

BALLER R
05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
So much of this guys facts are incredibly false that there's no point in arguing with him.

Once i read when he said "One playoff appearance" I just shook my head and stopped reading. Arguing with an idiot is a lose lose situation.

Tmath
05-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Once i read when he said "One playoff appearance" I just shook my head and stopped reading. Arguing with an idiot is a lose lose situation.

If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.

kobemelo
05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
made it twice with Bosh you fool. <-- thats more than one in the last 8 let alone 12 years. You're just making Nuggets fans look stupid.

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2013, 07:56 PM

That's when I stopped taking him seriously. And to make it even worse, he said he looked it up :facepalm:

JEDean89
05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
the point which you sort of made without realizing, is the increased frequency of Canadian talent in higher positions in the draft. I can also speak for youth programs that a quickly growing here in Canada, the talent pool is growing.

the point that you don't realize i am making is that not one of those guys is a proven baller. anthony bennet just needs to ask derrick williams how hard it is to find a starting spot as an undersized 4, olynyk is a total gamble and kabongo isn't that good. only wiggins and thompson are going to be really good and while that is a nice start for canada, it doesn't mean that there is some new canadian hoops revolution, there are simply a handful of decent to great prospects with more being the former and only one being the latter.

setman2000
05-27-2013, 10:28 PM
made it twice with Bosh you fool. <-- thats more than one in the last 8 let alone 12 years. You're just making Nuggets fans look stupid.

Your right - ONE WINNING SEASON - 2 playoff appearances...WOW! Impressive!!! I went to Yahoo sports - they go back to the 2002-2003 season - and Toronto has had ONE winning year and 2 playoff spots. That's 11 years of basically suck. They sucked this year, last year, the year before that.......Oh - hey, where's Bosh now??? I'm sure Masai, if he chooses to become irrelevent, will turn all that around for you losers that call me a Troll when i'm talking about the GM of my own team in the frikin NBA forum. Average IQ of a Toronto Raptors PSD poster = SCARY STUPID!

Tmath
05-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Your right - ONE WINNING SEASON - 2 playoff appearances...WOW! Impressive!!! I went to Yahoo sports - they go back to the 2002-2003 season - and Toronto has had ONE winning year and 2 playoff spots. That's 11 years of basically suck. They sucked this year, last year, the year before that.......Oh - hey, where's Bosh now??? I'm sure Masai, if he chooses to become irrelevent, will turn all that around for you losers that call me a Troll when i'm talking about the GM of my own team in the frikin NBA forum. Average IQ of a Toronto Raptors PSD poster = SCARY STUPID!

You are right. In the past the Raptors were owned by the teachers pension. They didn't care about winning, they only cared about profit. They were run very poorly.

Just recently Rogers (a multi billion dollar company) & Bell bought MLSE (Maple Leafs sports entertainment) which runs the Raptors, Leafs & TFC.

From all the reports, they seem committed to winning, and have gone on record saying they will go into the luxury to build a winner.

There are apparently going to be some big changes within the organization. I'm not getting my hopes up, but the Raptors luck could be changing in the next few years.

Tmath
05-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Oh... and the Nuggets have also been around 20 years longer than the Raptors and still have ZERO championships.

Vancity
05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
It is a hoops revolution up here, Basketball registration is at an all-time high.*

Upcoming Canadian Players worth mentioning:

Andrew Wiggins- #1 2014 draft; ESPN #1*

Cory Joseph- Spurs
Kelly Olynyk- Lottery Bound
Tristan Thompson- #4 pick
Tyler Ennis- Syrcause (Jordan Classic) ESPN #20
Xavier-Rathan Mayes- Florida St. ESPN # 44
Myck Kabongo- 15, 5, 5 with 2 stls. TBD (Better than Rajon Rondo's Season)
Anthony Bennett- Top 5 Lottery Bound
Kevin Pangos-*
Andrew Nicholson- Played in NBA Rising Stars
Sim Bhullar- 7'5.
Nik Stauskas Avged 11 & 44% from 3
Kyle Wiljter- Avgd 10 & 4 Proj. Late 1st
Khem Birch- 2011 McD All American, TBD
Olivier Hanlan- 15 & 4; poured 41 in the ACC tourney as a freshman

Trey Lyles- Rivals #4 prospect 2014; Recruited by all final four teams

Canada has 3 guys in the Top 50, California has 4. NY, Michigan, Florida, Indiana have 2. Canada has 2 5 stars, Cali has 1 5*

3Blueforyou
05-28-2013, 02:31 PM
the point that you don't realize i am making is that not one of those guys is a proven baller. anthony bennet just needs to ask derrick williams how hard it is to find a starting spot as an undersized 4, olynyk is a total gamble and kabongo isn't that good. only wiggins and thompson are going to be really good and while that is a nice start for canada, it doesn't mean that there is some new canadian hoops revolution, there are simply a handful of decent to great prospects with more being the former and only one being the latter.

Ok so baller means proven NBA player?

You cannot dispute that fact that Canada has been producing higher quality basketball players over the past while. I will agree at the moment not to raise any of them to the anointed status of BALLER!

setman2000
05-28-2013, 08:40 PM
The best thing about Toronto is Mayor Rob Ford! Maybe he can help recruit players to the Raptors with his sweet, sweet connections!

JEDean89
05-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Ok so baller means proven NBA player?

You cannot dispute that fact that Canada has been producing higher quality basketball players over the past while. I will agree at the moment not to raise any of them to the anointed status of BALLER!

i said none of them were a proven baller, as in a baller at the nba level, not that none of them are ballers in their own respective leagues. has canda produced some nice prospects? yes, but look at the list of current nba players from canada, it's nash, then tristan thompson, then no one... i'm not gonna keep arguing and I get that you must be stoked on some of the prospects like wiggins playing for team canada in the olympics (which will be fun no doubt) but lets not get ahead of ourselves with a lot of these guys until they get to the nba.

deaner
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
All Toronto is trying to do get Masai out of Denver for his own good. Cheap *** team has him staying in a trailer in federal heights. Is the economy really that bad you can't pay the EOY a decent wage.? Embarrassing.

UPRock
05-28-2013, 11:09 PM
This thread turned into a Racism thread.

Tmath
05-28-2013, 11:41 PM
The best thing about Toronto is Mayor Rob Ford! Maybe he can help recruit players to the Raptors with his sweet, sweet connections!

The best thing about Denver is they have nut cases shooting up movie theatres.

See how your logic works? moron.

Six-8-TheWizard
05-29-2013, 01:30 AM
This is kinda starting to get ugly lol

Rndy
05-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Toronto will start attracting people with Rudy and if they get Mas they can continue to get talent. I just hope the newer generation of players aren't all about teaming up and forming super teams to get their rings. As great as the Miami guys are they will always get **** about what went down. They tried to use Boston as a scapegoat when it was no where near similar circumstances and it really just made NBA look like they don't have the same competitive fire as the old school guys.

heyman321
05-29-2013, 03:02 AM
i said none of them were a proven baller, as in a baller at the nba level, not that none of them are ballers in their own respective leagues. has canda produced some nice prospects? yes, but look at the list of current nba players from canada, it's nash, then tristan thompson, then no one... i'm not gonna keep arguing and I get that you must be stoked on some of the prospects like wiggins playing for team canada in the olympics (which will be fun no doubt) but lets not get ahead of ourselves with a lot of these guys until they get to the nba.

hey man don't hate on rick fox. He was the cog for those Laker's championships.

setman2000
05-29-2013, 05:41 PM
The best thing about Denver is they have nut cases shooting up movie theatres.

See how your logic works? moron.

Aurora shooter was a Californian who moved to Colorado for school. Rob Ford was a total psycho politician BEFORE he was elected Mayor by you Toronto geniuses.

Doesn't change the fact the Raptors suck and have to overpay players and front office people to come there.

3Blueforyou
05-29-2013, 06:03 PM

I have not got anywhere with these guys, all i try to point out is that Canada is producing more draft worthy players than in the past. In no way am i trying to say we are producing more nba players (star, role player or bench scrub alike). Just simply guys who will have a chance to become a (star, role player or bench scrub alike). This fact was even discussed during the draft lottery a few weeks ago.

My original argument was stating that this is because of a increased participation and appreciation for basketball in Canada.

Then you turned it into an exercise in reading comprehension.

JEDean89
05-29-2013, 08:44 PM
I have not got anywhere with these guys, all i try to point out is that Canada is producing more draft worthy players than in the past. In no way am i trying to say we are producing more nba players (star, role player or bench scrub alike). Just simply guys who will have a chance to become a (star, role player or bench scrub alike). This fact was even discussed during the draft lottery a few weeks ago.

My original argument was stating that this is because of a increased participation and appreciation for basketball in Canada.

Then you turned it into an exercise in reading comprehension.

relax bro, you said it was a wave, i said it was only a handful of unproven players....

kobemelo
05-30-2013, 02:10 AM

Dude I'm a Nuggets fan myself.. I'm from Toronto though, hence why I said you're making us (Nuggets guys) look stupid! Ujiri started here then came to us. Putting down Toronto to make Denver look like a better spot for a GM is terrible though. Newsflash I'm one of the most diehard Nuggets fans but we've made it outta round 1 how many times in the last decade? Now (if Ujiri comes here) the Raps will have some proper management, as when BC first came up here. Raps on the come up to, losing Ujiri aint as big a blow to us anyhow, maybe Karl will be on thinner ice

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 02:32 AM
I remember when Colangelo was seen as the best GM in the game and was going to SAVE Toronto. Safe to say GM's are overrated and ALOT of it is luck of the draft and who you have coaching your team that is more important. The best GM's find great coaches and get them whatever they need to be successful. George Karl has made Masai look like a genius. If he cant find a great coach he will flop.

IgglesFanInCO
05-30-2013, 03:00 AM
I remember when Colangelo was seen as the best GM in the game and was going to SAVE Toronto. Safe to say GM's are overrated and ALOT of it is luck of the draft and who you have coaching your team that is more important. The best GM's find great coaches and get them whatever they need to be successful. George Karl has made Masai look like a genius. If he cant find a great coach he will flop.

George Karl is a cancer and has only brought the organization down since Masai came aboard, usually I try to be a little more in depth with my responses but everything you just said is horrendously wrong and I dont know where to start

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 03:03 AM
George Karl is a cancer and has only brought the organization down since Masai came aboard, usually I try to be a little more in depth with my responses but everything you just said is horrendously wrong and I dont know where to start

Pun intended? Seriously tho George Karl is a great head coach. I'm pretty sure I have the backing of every coach and writer in the NBA when I say that. Not his fault he ran into a buzz saw in Curry and one of his best players and only reliable outside shooter went down.

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 03:33 AM
Pun intended? Seriously tho George Karl is a great head coach. I'm pretty sure I have the backing of every coach and writer in the NBA when I say that. Not his fault he ran into a buzz saw in Curry and one of his best players and only reliable outside shooter went down.

It's not like the warriors were at full strength either. But yea curry was just lights out.

deaner
05-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Dude I'm a Nuggets fan myself.. I'm from Toronto though, hence why I said you're making us (Nuggets guys) look stupid! Ujiri started here then came to us. Putting down Toronto to make Denver look like a better spot for a GM is terrible though. Newsflash I'm one of the most diehard Nuggets fans but we've made it outta round 1 how many times in the last decade? Now (if Ujiri comes here) the Raps will have some proper management, as when BC first came up here. Raps on the come up to, losing Ujiri aint as big a blow to us anyhow, maybe Karl will be on thinner ice

This is actually false. Before Masai ever came to Toronto he was on staff with Denver as a scout. Toronto hired him away as their overseas scout. Still, we need Ujiri for the rebuild plan so I apologize to denver fans but I'm glad Tim Lieweke picked his target and the new owners are all in for a winning culture.

--------------

During that unpaid year Ujiri met Jeff Weltman, a young Nuggets executive. Weltman introduced Ujiri to GM Kiki Vandeweghe, who hired Ujiri on salary as an international scout. Ujiri would be hired away by Toronto’s Bryan Colangelo, and then hired back last year by the Nuggets as executive vice president in charge of basketball operations.

CNN

C_Mund
05-30-2013, 10:02 AM
relax bro, you said it was a wave, i said it was only a handful of unproven players....

I think you just gotta take it with a grain of salt. When Thompson and Joseph were drafted in the first round it was the first time that had ever happened with two Canadians. The fact is our basketball program has been so shoddy that having a few highly touted prospects in the NCAA IS a wave.... just not when held to American standards. Steve Nash taking over as GM of our National team has created a pretty big buzz as well, and Wiggins could actually draw some much-needed attention to our team internally. Like, we usually don't even make the final Olympic qualifying tournament. Pretty pathetic.

It's not just about the few role players that are being produced, it's about the fact that Canada is starting to support its basketball players which is something brand new. Plus a big chunk of the most recent wave of immigrants has been black. That really helps.

deaner
05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I think you just gotta take it with a grain of salt. When Thompson and Joseph were drafted in the first round it was the first time that had ever happened with two Canadians. The fact is our basketball program has been so shoddy that having a few highly touted prospects in the NCAA IS a wave.... just not when held to American standards. Steve Nash taking over as GM of our National team has created a pretty big buzz as well, and Wiggins could actually draw some much-needed attention to our team internally. Like, we usually don't even make the final Olympic qualifying tournament. Pretty pathetic.

It's not just about the few role players that are being produced, it's about the fact that Canada is starting to support its basketball players which is something brand new. Plus a big chunk of the most recent wave of immigrants has been black. That really helps.

That racial comment is ridiculous. You make it sound like canada is targeting athletic immigrants for the sole purpose of representation. Don't be so naive, it has everything to do with a generation of kids watching the NBA/raptors on TV.

3Blueforyou
05-30-2013, 01:22 PM

That was my first post.

I did not mention a wave just an increased frequency, highlighting the increased popularity of basketball in Canada. You attempted to make an argument, claiming well I don't really know? That why it had to become an exercise in reading comprehension.

tp13baby
05-30-2013, 01:34 PM
The only one in Denver.

Nuggets, Avs, Rapids, and Mammoth are run by the same owner, and still not even close to being on Pat Bowlen's level.

tp13baby
05-30-2013, 01:38 PM

You obviously don't watch the Nuggets. And not every sports writer has your back. He is easily the most overrated coach out there. You think its only cause of Golden State? How many times has he been out of the first round in Denver? Answer me and tell me he is great. ha

tp13baby
05-30-2013, 01:39 PM

This quote deserves Not Top Ten recognition for ESPN.

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
You obviously don't watch the Nuggets. And not every sports writer has your back. He is easily the most overrated coach out there. You think its only cause of Golden State? How many times has he been out of the first round in Denver? Answer me and tell me he is great. ha

The past 2-3 years the Nuggets had no business being as good as they have been. That is all on George Karl. This is the 1st year they have exited the playoffs earlier than they should have in a long time and you cant blame him after the historic performance Curry had. They would have eliminated any team in the NBA with how hot he was.

waveycrockett
05-30-2013, 01:46 PM
This quote deserves Not Top Ten recognition for ESPN.

Coaches make GM's look good not the other way around.

I Rock Shaqs
05-30-2013, 01:50 PM

How ****ing stupid and disrespectful can one person be? Oh yeah this is how much. ****ing prick.

C_Mund
05-30-2013, 01:55 PM
That racial comment is ridiculous. You make it sound like canada is targeting athletic immigrants for the sole purpose of representation. Don't be so naive, it has everything to do with a generation of kids watching the NBA/raptors on TV.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was meant to be light-hearted. But that doesn't mean it has no shred of truth.

-Myck Kabongo is from the Congo
-Wiggins is a first-generation Canadian to parents of African-American and Barbados descent
-Tristan Thompson's parents are of Jamaican descent
-Cory Joseph is a first-generation Canadian born to parents from Trinidad & Tobego
-Sim Bhullar's parents are Indian immigrants (not black, but still)

.... to act like the paradigm shift in Canada is mostly grass roots is what's ridiculous. I'm sure there are parts of Canada where bball is growing internally, but I'd still bet that kids bred from hockey parentage couldn't name Andrew Wiggins to save their life. Our country as a WHOLE won't start to embrace bball until our national team gives us something to cheer for, which is still a couple years away.

JEDean89
05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
That was my first post.

I did not mention a wave just an increased frequency, highlighting the increased popularity of basketball in Canada. You attempted to make an argument, claiming well I don't really know? That why it had to become an exercise in reading comprehension.

sorry, akesh said it was a wave, then i said it wasn't, then deaner said i don't follow the draft, then i noted that a few lotto picks is no wave, then you made your first post. i got you confused with akesh, which can happen. sure canada has more prospects now then a few years ago, i'm not just not sold on any of these guys except wiggins.

OceanSpray
05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Masai Ujiri is the best free agent this season.