PDA

View Full Version : Should Wade be suspended for the flying elbow on Lance Stephenson for (Game 3)

ewmania
05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
only reason I bring this up because it will only be fair considering what happen to JR Smith in the first round

check out the hit JR Smith gave terry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8qsOh0czM

now check out the elbow wade gave stephenson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

both were obviously intentional , only difference is refs called JR's and ejected him from the game :eyebrow:

justinnum1
05-25-2013, 02:04 PM
:dance:

ryang
05-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Are you kidding? Those two elbows are completely different. Either way NO wade won't be suspended. Now west might be with that play in charmers.

ewmania
05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Are you kidding? Those two elbows are completely different. Either way NO wade won't be suspended. Now west might be with that play in charmers.

wade hit him in the temple, stephenson sold it.... terry hit in the face after a hard swipe, terry sold it

both head contact? im confused on what's different

Bruno
05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
i dont think so. it just kind of happened the way it happened, i didn't think it was malicious.

ryang
05-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Jr threw it hard and directly trying to force terry off of him. Wade was running didn't want to bang knees and jumped barely brushing him. You can't see the difference In force? Wade wasn't trying to throw an elbow IMO. Jr most definitely did.

Showtime Steve
05-25-2013, 02:14 PM
It should have gotten a tech, but def not suspension. And David west elbowing chalmers happens all the time. Almost every screen involves an elbow. Foul yes, but nothing beyond that

ryang
05-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes elbows happen. But he extended his elbow a lot more then kg even does. It was a direct hit to a hurt shoulder. To much seperation for that elbow to land as hard as it did. Most definitely intentional and I won't be surprised if west gets suspended for that.

ewmania
05-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Jr threw it hard and directly trying to force terry off of him. Wade was running didn't want to bang knees and jumped barely brushing him. You can't see the difference In force? Wade wasn't trying to throw an elbow IMO. Jr most definitely did.

lol only difference to me is wade is a much smarter player than JR smith. so when he takes a shot at you he make sure it looks as unintentional as possible, kudos to him

Longhornfan1234
05-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Wade is a south side Chicago thug. I'm not surprised the true him has came out the last two years. Suspend him for two games. Wade has been useless in the playoffs. King James doesn't need him.

Shlumpledink
05-25-2013, 02:18 PM
I think wade should be suspended because of the slew of plays with less contact that have been punished with suspensions. It is an unnatural act, and players have been suspended for unnatural acts before, especially when the result is a flying elbow to the head.

I think the silver lining for that for the heat is wade gets to rest his ailing knee more

Marques24kobe
05-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I guess my question is, why did Wade have to jump at that point anyway? This makes me think it was on purpose. Even if so, I don't think it deserves a game off. Should of been a foul or technical. The NBA has gotten so soft.

JasonJohnHorn
05-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I think Wade's was intentional. There doesn't seem to be any reason Wade couldn't have avoided that. But that said, I think there is a degree on uncertainty about that. With JR Smith there were several angles and you can see Smith clearly looking at Terry as he brings his elbow up and hits him. The intent seems more overt with Smith.

Head shots are huge though. Any time a player hits another player in the head on a play they should be able to avoid, something should be done about it. Head injuries are serious business. I think Wade is a dirty player and given his past behaviour on the court, I have every reason to suspect this was intentional. If I were casting a voting, it would be to suspend him one game. I mean, Wade was running at him, he was in good defensive position, and Wade could have moved around him, but chose to run through him. He should be held accountable for that, and if that means a suspension, so be it.

The league CANNOT allow head shots like that to go on.

What's worse is that it wasn't even called as a foul when it happened! He didn't even get called on that. Coupled with that, the way the league is run, I see it as more likely that Lance will get a fined for 'flopping' than Wade getting one for a flagrant foul.

That was a flagrant foul. It was not a basketball play. There was no attempt at the ball, it hit a player in the head and it was easily avoidable.

When I'm at work, if there is a mistake as serious as this made, where somebody gets hurt as a result, there are consequences, regardless of the intent of the person who made the mistake.

Yes. There should be a suspension, or at the very least a fine. If you are going to fine Allen $5000 for flopping, then Wade should be fined 5X that for elbowing a player in the head. I think one is FAR more serious than the other and the punishment should articulate that.

But we all know how much the league loves Wade. He is allow to intentionally shove players to ground and stay in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjh5N1zVGgU

David Stern might as well pull Wade's shorts down and perform oral sex on him as far as I'm concerned. When you let a guy like Wade stay in the game after a play like that... how can we see the league as being any different than WWE?

Slug3
05-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Honestly it comes down to - you could 100% tell JR was trying to give that elbow. With Wade it looks more like he was avoiding contact. Now I can't say if he did it didn't do it on purpose. But if you can't tell then I don't see how he can be suspended.

nastynice
05-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't think they were on the same level. JR smith was trying to nail terry in the face with an elbow. Although I wouldn't call Wade's unintentional, because it obviously was, he just tried to run through what looked like mighta been a screen. I don't think he was trying to land an elbow to the head as much as he was just trying to run through the player. MAYBE a fine, if anything, but def not a suspension.

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2013, 02:32 PM
lol are you kiddding me, that was nothing like smith. wade was running back on defense and stephenson was in the way so he tried to jump cut behind him to avoid a collision.

Cubby
05-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Honestly it comes down to - you could 100% tell JR was trying to give that elbow. With Wade it looks more like he was avoiding contact. Now I can't say if he did it didn't do it on purpose. But if you can't tell then I don't see how he can be suspended.

Wade could've easily ran around him. He didn't have to jump and jam an elbow into his head.

Everyone wonders why people don't like him? That's why.

Cubby
05-25-2013, 02:34 PM
lol are you kiddding me, that was nothing like smith. wade was running back on defense and stephenson was in the way so he tried to jump cut behind him to avoid a collision.

It isn't hard to run around him. Like, at all.

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2013, 02:37 PM
It isn't hard to run around him. Like, at all.

no, stephenson slowed down and tried to set a moving screen right in front of him, wade was focused on getting back into the play.

nastynice
05-25-2013, 02:38 PM
lol, are people seriously arguing that wade tried to AVOID him?? look, what wade did isn't on jr smiths level, but c'mon now...

Slug3
05-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Wade could've easily ran around him. He didn't have to jump and jam an elbow into his head.

Like I said though. I'm not going to say I know for sure if it was it was not on purpose. But you cant tell if it was though. That's the difference.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I think Wade's was intentional. There doesn't seem to be any reason Wade couldn't have avoided that. But that said, I think there is a degree on uncertainty about that. With JR Smith there were several angles and you can see Smith clearly looking at Terry as he brings his elbow up and hits him. The intent seems more overt with Smith.

Head shots are huge though. Any time a player hits another player in the head on a play they should be able to avoid, something should be done about it. Head injuries are serious business. I think Wade is a dirty player and given his past behaviour on the court, I have every reason to suspect this was intentional. If I were casting a voting, it would be to suspend him one game. I mean, Wade was running at him, he was in good defensive position, and Wade could have moved around him, but chose to run through him. He should be held accountable for that, and if that means a suspension, so be it.

What's worse is that it wasn't even called as a foul when it happened! He didn't even get called on that. Coupled with that, the way the league is run, I see it as more likely that Lance will get a fined for 'flopping' than Wade getting one for a flagrant foul.

That was a flagrant foul. It was not a basketball play. There was no attempt at the ball, it hit a player in the head and it was easily avoidable.

When I'm at work, if there is a mistake as serious as this made, where somebody gets hurt as a result, there are consequences, regardless of the intent of the person who made the mistake.

Yes. There should be a suspension, or at the very least a fine. If you are going to fine Allen $5000 for flopping, then Wade should be fined 5X that for elbowing a player in the head. I think one is FAR more serious than the other and the punishment should articulate that.

But we all know how much the league loves Wade. He is allow to intentionally shove players to ground and stay in the game:

David Stern might as well pull Wade's shorts down and perform oral sex on him as far as I'm concerned. When you let a guy like Wade stay in the game after a play like that... how can we see the league as being any different than WWE?

No way big daddy Stern suspense Wade. Wade and the Heat are his children. What a joke that play was. Not even a regular foul was called:facepalm: Wade is a dirty pos.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-25-2013, 02:53 PM

What a sorry ****ing excuse.

Rivera
05-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Unlike the dirty play wade made on rondo when rondos shoulder got messed up i thought this was an accident unlike the rondo one where i know he did it on purpose

This looks like he was trying to avoid him

Meangene23
05-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Yes Wade is a dirty player

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2013, 02:58 PM
What a sorry ****ing excuse.

you more than anyone else on this site see what you want to see, so i understand your bs stance.

ryang
05-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Did any of you watch basketball in the 80s or 90s?? If so you should know this was nothing. I can tell from your posts that your very young. Wade a dirty player? In this era of basketball I guess so. But the legends you idolize and compare to Lebron were far worse. That play was nothing.

J4KOP99
05-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Wade is such a little ***** out on the court with all of his whining and flopping, but no way he gets suspended here... nor should he.

Someone find the video of Wade faking an eye injury after a last second shot that he missed.

Shkelqim
05-25-2013, 03:01 PM
One was malicious one wasnt??

Minimal
05-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Its questionable if it was intenational. It deserves a tech, but definetely not suspension.

redsoxknicks
05-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Exactly. He has a whole list of juvenile acts against opposing players. Add in all the flops and little tantrums when he doesn't get a call, his (and Lebron's) openly mocking Dirk's sinus infection in the Finals and you get a real picture of this guy's underlying personality.

Steven A. says Wade is "class personified", and I don't understand that at all. He has far too many bush-league plays to get any benefit of the doubt at this point, but he does get away with it for the most part.

He has too much talent to taint it with all his extracurricular.

Lakeshow24KB
05-25-2013, 03:11 PM
If that was Metta he would be exiled from the country and sent off to a labor camp in Russia.

BigCityofDreams
05-25-2013, 03:13 PM
lol, are people seriously arguing that wade tried to AVOID him?? look, what wade did isn't on jr smiths level, but c'mon now...

"It was inadvertent" - Kerr and Reggie

TrueFan420
05-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Short answer yes he should be suspended but no he won't be. They, stern, couldn't take the chance of hurting his dream team.

Chronz
05-25-2013, 03:31 PM
I would've called the foul but comparing to that ejection worthy hit? Nah

Chronz
05-25-2013, 03:34 PM

Im sure his thinking was to avoid his head, and jumping over someone when you're in stride seemed easier. At least thats what he made it look like, but intentional actions can still be hidden in play.

Jtirado16
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
This was 100% on purpose.. There is no doubt about it. That should of been a flagrant 2 & a 1 game suspension with a fine

Teeboy1487
05-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Wade's track record speaks for itself. I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. At the very least this should be upgraded to a flagrant foul.

WITZ
05-25-2013, 04:43 PM

Couldn't have said it any better. unless he thought he could jump over him and he might be dumb enough to believe that ,there is no reason for jumping. I would love to hear the excuse heat fans come up for wade.

king4day
05-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Wade's clearly wasn't intentional so no

Rndy
05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Wade didn't do it on purpose but it's just a ****ing joke that a flagrant 1 wasn't called.

BigBlueCrew
05-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Of course something SHOULD be done for it. But nothing WILL. Just the way the NBA works.

Redskins10
05-25-2013, 05:06 PM
I think he did it on purpose. That Wade is not a straight shooter.

KniCks4LiFe
05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Yes.

ewmania
05-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes.

for the love of god please tell me where did that sig come from, what show and what planet

STAT1
05-25-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't get why Wade was trying to hard to get down court when there were a couple defenders already there. If anything he should have picked up Stephenson. Wade always gets away with these kind of plays.

Iron24th
05-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I think he should be suspended, it's obvious it was intentional.

But he will not.

#sternsystem

Chi~TwnHawksFan
05-25-2013, 05:36 PM
no, he should not be suspended.
no, it was not intentional.
AND
no, i am not a heat fan.

Quit knit picking, even if Wade did what JR did to Terry, wade wouldnt be suspended, series is too good and hyped right now... not to mention he's a 'star'

D-Leethal
05-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Anyone have the exact language on the rule? Pretty sure elbow to the head is automatic 1 game suspension no matter if it was intentional or not.

D-Leethal
05-25-2013, 05:43 PM
no, he should not be suspended.
no, it was not intentional.
AND
no, i am not a heat fan.

Quit knit picking, even if Wade did what JR did to Terry, wade wouldnt be suspended, series is too good and hyped right now... not to mention he's a 'star'

That doesn't matter dude. Stern ruined an epic Suns-Spurs series because Amare stepped one foot over the sideline during a skirmish before getting pulled back by coaches. Rules are rules, Stern works by the book, just not 100% sure what the rule speaks to about 'intent'. I don't think it was intentional.

Rndy
05-25-2013, 05:43 PM
It's plays like that though that really give the haters fuel. I don't believe for a second no ref saw that happen. How many teams could get away with something like that? It was an accident but it was still a flagrant 1.

PJAF
05-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, Wade should be suspended and so should Norris Cole for that groin shot on D. West in game 1.

BigEric
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM
I think the fact that Wade's play style (to the whistle) mixed in with the fact that he's a whiner/dirty make it worse than it is. I'm a neutral party, not a Heat fan or hater (love Lebron) but Wade always does these chippy things and those who watch the games know what I'm talking about. I'm not 100% sure he should be suspended for malicious intent (because it wasn't "malicious") but like someone above me stated, Amare got suspended for stepping over a line in the Spurs series... I think an elbow to someones head in that situation would've lead to a suspension.

I just would've loved to have seen if the script was flipped and Wade had been elbowed.

Lakers Ghost
05-25-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't get why Wade was trying to hard to get down court when there were a couple defenders already there. If anything he should have picked up Stephenson. Wade always gets away with these kind of plays.

repeat of last year:cool:

Davidgta1
05-25-2013, 06:29 PM
That wasn't on purpose

Weezy
05-25-2013, 06:43 PM
He should've been thrown out of the game. You can't throw an elbow to the head. Not in today's NBA...that's for sure....intentional or not.

Minimal
05-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone have the exact language on the rule? Pretty sure elbow to the head is automatic 1 game suspension no matter if it was intentional or not.
If that was true, Howard would have retired already

PleaseBeNice
05-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I think wade should just retire an quit hindering the heat with his terrible play

Byronicle
05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
For those who did not think this was not intentional then clearly you never played a sport at a high level. Sure it looks fast on camera but the game is a lot slower then you think when played on their level. Things can be thought of instanteously, its what makes athletes great, the ability to act and respond much faster than normal human beings.

With that said, he looks like he's attempting to avoid Stephenson but

1. Why would he have to jump to essentially move laterally? I never seen someone jumping to avoid a screen

2. When he jumped, right foot forward, the left arm (the one he used to elbow) should naturally move parallel with the body and vertically. Moving perpendicular is going against biomechanics

3. You would think if he is trying to avoid the screen, his arms (elbow) would naturally want to avoid the screen as well. When you jump to the right, your arms follow suit in the same direction, but in this case the elbow stuck out, against what is natural

Try it yourself. If your intentions were to avoid the contact from the screen, why would your arm initiate contact? Its completely unnatural to do, and when a player does something against the biomechanics of the movement, its because the player INTENDED to do so.

Slug3
05-25-2013, 09:05 PM
For those who did not think this was not intentional then clearly you never played a sport at a high level. Sure it looks fast on camera but the game is a lot slower then you think when played on their level. Things can be thought of instanteously, its what makes athletes great, the ability to act and respond much faster than normal human beings.

1. Why would he have to jump to essentially move laterally? I never seen someone jumping to avoid a screen

2. When he jumped, right foot forward, the left arm (the one he used to elbow) should naturally move parallel with the body and vertically. Moving perpendicular is going against biomechanics

3. You would think if he is trying to avoid the screen, his arms (elbow) would naturally want to avoid the screen as well. When you jump to the right, your arms follow suit in the same direction, but in this case the elbow stuck out, against what is natural

Try it yourself. If your intentions were to avoid the contact from the screen, why would your arm initiate contact? Its completely unnatural to do, and when a player does something against the biomechanics of the movement, its because the player INTENDED to do so.

So have you played in the NBA since you know the speed of the game?

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2013, 09:24 PM

i gotta call bs here because this post is full of it. it's pretty funny how you think you know the speed of an nba game.

1. when you are running full speed and have a bad knee you are not gonna stop on a dime to cut, there's this thing called momentum hence the jump cut.

2. no the arm moves back, this is for balance helping to keep the upper body square.

3. or he could be using the arm to defend himself, it's a split second move we're talking about here and he was bracing for contact.

for all those saying it was OBVIOUSLY intentional, you're reaching. you can think it's intentional and that's fine. everyone is gonna have an opinion on it but it's flat out wrong to say it's obvious because it isn't. and for those saying wade is a pos ect well yes he's got a bit of a mean streak like most of the greats on the court, but the guy just won the nba community assist award, he can't be that bad of a person lol. but i know the hate is to be expected when it's a heat player.

ohreally
05-25-2013, 11:21 PM
i gotta call bs here because this post is full of it. it's pretty funny how you think you know the speed of an nba game.

1. when you are running full speed and have a bad knee you are not gonna stop on a dime to cut, there's this thing called momentum hence the jump cut.

2. no the arm moves back, this is for balance helping to keep the upper body square.

3. or he could be using the arm to defend himself, it's a split second move we're talking about here and he was bracing for contact.

for all those saying it was OBVIOUSLY intentional, you're reaching. you can think it's intentional and that's fine. everyone is gonna have an opinion on it but it's flat out wrong to say it's obvious because it isn't. and for those saying wade is a pos ect well yes he's got a bit of a mean streak like most of the greats on the court, but the guy just won the nba community assist award, he can't be that bad of a person lol. but i know the hate is to be expected when it's a heat player.

This is really really reaching to defend an indefensible move. It's pretty clear he did it on purpose, and while there is no video of his of Wade's eyes like there was with JR, I don't see why this is any less dreadful. As a matter of fact, I'd say JR was intending to hurt Terry more than injure him, but Wade was looking to injure Stephenson. Not at all unlike his intending to injure Rondo.

Cubby
05-25-2013, 11:48 PM

Like I said though. I'm not going to say I know for sure if it was it was not on purpose. But you cant tell if it was though. That's the difference.

Since Wade has thrown cheap shots before, I personally think it was intentional. However, I don't think it's suspension worthy, just flagrant worthy.

mjt20mik
05-25-2013, 11:57 PM
flag worthy.. not a suspension

JC_
05-26-2013, 12:05 AM
They could have called a flagrant but why was Stephenson waiting for Wade? They get the steal so he's on offense and instead of joining the fastbreak he turns towards Wade? That should be elbow to the temple worthy.

raiderposting
05-26-2013, 12:08 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

I don't see how that's an accident lol.

ryang
05-26-2013, 12:13 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

I don't see how that's an accident lol.

Doesn't look like a THROWN elbow. Looks like he jumped in the air

Raps18-19 Champ
05-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Yea. Dude definitely did that on purpose. But I suppose it's harder to judge than Smith's since it wasn't as obvious.

ohreally
05-26-2013, 12:18 AM
There are lots of flag rants that aren't flag rants, but this is definitely suspension worthy.

raiderposting
05-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Doesn't look like a THROWN elbow. Looks like he jumped in the air

That's like me saying arrest didnt mean to hit harden

OldSchool
05-26-2013, 01:09 AM
With the way the league is choosing to call things lately, it should be a suspension. Nothing more, nothing less.

NJrockPD
05-26-2013, 01:19 AM
If he wasn't on the Heat he would be. Look at 5'9" Nate Robinson swat at Lebron and it was nearly a technical 2 (at 1:00 you can see Nate hit him in the arm mostly). Unfortunately Nate was on the wrong team. If he were on the Heat then he could jump up and elbow Lebron and the play wouldn't even stop. Lebron flops and the play immediately stops. Stephenson gets knocked down, lays on the ground for a solid 6 seconds, gets up, and the officials blow the whistle a couple of seconds later. I don't think it was terriblly malicious, but it was avoidable and it's certainly a foul. At least a foul. Except if you're wearing a Miami Heat jersey.

See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFigNS0IsbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

ThunderousDemon
05-26-2013, 01:25 AM
One game suspension.

ryang
05-26-2013, 01:31 AM
It's like the circus with certain posters. Your either clinically blind or you just hate the Heat. And NO it's not like the elbow on harden. Clowns.

raiderposting
05-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Why the hell would he need to jump into lance right there? Because his knee hurt? **** cant believe ididnt think of that. and who am i to judge wade? I mean Wade has never shown to be dirty people are just haters man. Wade has been spotless and has never been dirty.

Heat we got this.

Oj&mayonnaise
05-26-2013, 03:08 AM
lance is in the way a lot. he tried to take the ball when lbj was handing it to the refs

dalton749
05-26-2013, 03:12 AM
lol as a heat fan the fans who say it wasnt on purpose are a joke

HesterJordan23
05-26-2013, 03:20 AM
If you have played ball you would know d wade had no reason to be there. Sure stephonson looked for the screen but you simply go around that. It's that simple. And if you say he couldn't well that's sad

raiderposting
05-26-2013, 03:42 AM
lol as a heat fan the fans who say it wasnt on purpose are a joke

:clap:

YoungStuna
05-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Wade CLEARLY hit him on purpose. I was pissed that he didn't at least get a tech or foul.

jerellh528
05-26-2013, 04:39 AM
Wade is a dirty player, always has been, always will be.

setman2000
05-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Wades right up there with Kobe as one of the dirtiest players in the NBA. Just prima donna pieces of $h!t.

NJrockPD
05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't blame Wade I blame the NBA and the officials. If you can get away with going through a guy without a foul why go around them? It bothers me that there is such a double standard for certain players and teams in this corrupt NBA.

ThaDubs
05-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Mahinmi got a flagrant for accidentally getting LeBron and it wasn't even bad. Wade should get suspended for this.

pd1dish
05-26-2013, 12:02 PM
it wasnt bad at all. it seemed like he just almost ran right into Stephenson and tried to just sort of avoid it. its definitely a foul. i didnt get to watch the game so idk if they called it flagrant or what not.

lets be honest though, Wade could practically do anything and he wont be suspended in the playoffs.

RaiderLakersA's
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Any shots to the head should be a fine. Suspension? We'll see.

Hustla23
05-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Some of these defenses that are being put up are pretty funny. :laugh2:

MonroeFAN
05-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Wade should get suspended for being a *****.

I like the heat, but good god he's a little girl.

rocket
05-26-2013, 01:36 PM
No suspension

ChiTownPacerFan
05-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Wade dirty plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmyMfpbsMY&feature=player_embedded

The craziest thing is how often the announcers defend him.

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 02:24 PM
That was a dirty play. I can no longer defend Wade. He elbowed RIP, and he's obviously a known crybaby. This dude needs to step up and stop committing silly acts. I thought this was the man who helped James mature? Seems like James needs to help him.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 02:43 PM
lol so all these people that keep on complaining the league is soft is now saying this is to violent lmao get out of here you trolls. Head shots were so common back in the day but now its to violent lol.

side note yes it was a dirty play but the way half of the posters here say the league should go back to the old days shut up then if this is to violent stop staying you want it to go back cuz clearly your to soft.

LAKobeBryant
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
@thescore
Dwyane Wade has been assessed a flagrant foul for his hit on Lance Stephenson, but will not be suspended

amos1er
05-26-2013, 03:00 PM
With this years playoffs at an all time low in ratings, Stern will never allow that. He needs Miami to be in the finals to salvage this failure of a season.

Wade should not have gotten a foul called for him at the end of game 5 in the 2006 NBA finals. Of course they broke the rules for him back then, and I'm sure they will again. The NBA is a business after all.

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 03:03 PM
lol so all these people that keep on complaining the league is soft is now saying this is to violent lmao get out of here you trolls. Head shots were so common back in the day but now its to violent lol.

side note yes it was a dirty play but the way half of the posters here say the league should go back to the old days shut up then if this is to violent stop staying you want it to go back cuz clearly your to soft.

Exactly. NBA "fans" just need something to complain about. If Pacers win, NBA isn't scripted. If Miami wins, NBA is scripted. I seriously can't comprehend why it's even logical to compare.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
@thescore
Dwyane Wade has been assessed a flagrant foul for his hit on Lance Stephenson, but will not be suspended

Big surprise. Anyone else and it would have been a suspension. Of course Stern makes an exception for the "Cheat". This league is a ****ing joke under Stern. No consistency for anything except for what fattens his wallet. ****ing disgusting. No wonder the "Cheat" are such flopping little *****es...They know Stern has their back when **** goes down at the end of the day. This is exactly why I can't stand the ****ing "Cheat".

amos1er
05-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Exactly. NBA "fans" just need something to complain about. If Pacers win, NBA isn't scripted. If Miami wins, NBA is scripted. I seriously can't comprehend why it's even logical to compare.

Because your in love with Lebron and can't think straight.

Cubby
05-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Glad he got a flagrant at least. I think it was intentional, but it's hard to know. If it was, he tried hard to hide it and I guess it worked. That still didn't warrant a suspension in my mind.

ryang
05-26-2013, 03:26 PM

Your sig is dumb. Magic Johnson? Larry bird? Jordan? Bosh and wade are not as good as any of those names you mentioned. Bosh most definitely should not be mentioned with any of those names. Now had Lebron called durant and Kobe you'd have a point.

ryang
05-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Lebron wasn't trying to beat bosh. What rivalry did they have? The raptors and bosh? Lmao. Wade is more like a pippen. To bad Cleveland couldn't draft someone like that or maybe Lebron stayed. Thank god they didn't. Bosh. To funny. He's decent but not a superstar or a legend. Stop smoking. It's rotting your brain.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM

your 1 of the biggest blind trolls on this site u think the league should go back to the way it was but this is to violent lmao get out of here.

t_money25
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Lol at these posts. First of all, to call it an elbow to the head Wade's elbow actually has to make contact with his head. Wade jumps then pushes off the back of his head with his FOREARM!!!

You don't need 20/20 vision to see that.....lmao

Will someone please post a link of Wade's ELBOW making contact with Stevenson's HEAD

I'll wait....

jmoney23
05-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Hahaha...so true. Wade did it with intent and I'm stunned (but not really) the refs missed it in the game. Anyone who thinks he did it by accident is either a total homer or just blind.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 03:45 PM
With this years playoffs at an all time low in ratings, Stern will never allow that. He needs Miami to be in the finals to salvage this failure of a season.

Wade should not have gotten a foul called for him at the end of game 5 in the 2006 NBA finals. Of course they broke the rules for him back then, and I'm sure they will again. The NBA is a business after all.

Big surprise. Anyone else and it would have been a suspension. Of course Stern makes an exception for the "Cheat". This league is a ****ing joke under Stern. No consistency for anything except for what fattens his wallet. ****ing disgusting. No wonder the "Cheat" are such flopping little *****es...They know Stern has their back when **** goes down at the end of the day. This is exactly why I can't stand the ****ing "Cheat".

You're going to hurt a lot of feelings telling the truth Amos.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 03:47 PM
your 1 of the biggest blind trolls on this site u think the league should go back to the way it was but this is to violent lmao get out of here.

It's not violent, it's a ***** move by a *****. Wade wouldn't last a second in a physical 90's era, nor would anyone on the Heat.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 03:50 PM
It's not violent, it's a ***** move by a *****. Wade wouldn't last a second in a physical 90's era, nor would anyone on the Heat.

ahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha clearly your to soft and just started to watch ball you think this type of stuff didnt happen is the 90s get out of here u troll.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 03:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQHB0Iz49U

i hope this shuts u up troll

Jagged QT
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Lol at these posts. First of all, to call it an elbow to the head Wade's elbow actually has to make contact with his head. Wade jumps then pushes off the back of his head with his FOREARM!!!

You don't need 20/20 vision to see that.....lmao

Will someone please post a link of Wade's ELBOW making contact with Stevenson's HEAD

I'll wait....
The report of it initially being an elbow is what made the league "investigate".

Once they reviewed it from angles we dont have on tv, no suspension.

Honestly, even the angled we do have it was clearly a forearm, and that was due to Wade attempt to jump over lance.

Lance should have committed to the charge or got out the way.

NJrockPD
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM

The point is not that it's too violent or too soft, but that there is a double standard for the Heat players. If Lebron gets touched it's a technical, but if a Heat star player elbows someone in the face they don't even call a foul. It's ********. Be consistent.

ryang
05-26-2013, 03:56 PM
He didn't throw his elbow tho so your point is mute. If he threw it I'd agree with you but e clearly didn't.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 03:58 PM
The point is not that it's too violent or too soft, but that there is a double standard for the Heat players. If Lebron gets touched it's a technical, but if a Heat star player elbows someone in the face they don't even call a foul. It's ********. Be consistent.

Its only star players wat do u expect thats for ever sport star players gets star call. No professional sport is gonna let their star players get hurt. Is it fair No but its not gonna change the fact star players always get treated better then regular players like lebron, Tom Brady, Sidney Crosby etc

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 03:58 PM

Thats a nice video you made :clap:

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Thats a nice video you made :clap:

just proves my point

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Its only star players wat do u expect thats for ever sport star players gets star call. No provential sport is gonna let their star players get hurt. Is it fair No but its not gonna change the fact star players always get treated better then regular players like lebron, Tom Brady, Sidney Crosby etc

Cmon dont try to compare it with other sports like that just because your getting away with proverbial murder.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
You're going to hurt a lot of feelings telling the truth Amos.

Lulz. These "Cheat" fans can't see anything past their "Leboners".

Artest elbows Harden and gets a seven game suspension...Wade elbows Stephenson and Stern blows him. This league is a laughing stock thanks to Stern and all the Lebron fan boys who condone this ****.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Cmon dont try to compare it with other sports like that just because your getting away with proverbial murder.

oh god lmao i remenber you your one the thos "posters" that wants the league to go back to the way it was in the 90 but this is to violent/dirty ahahahhahahahhahahha just get out of here u troll lmao

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:02 PM

None of the "Cheat" would last a second without flopping. Lebron should change his last name to Divac.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
oh god lmao i remenber you your one the thos "posters" that wants the league to go back to the way it was in the 90 but this is to violent/dirty ahahahhahahahhahahha just get out of here u troll lmao

Lebron is the "King of Flop".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpGKC62qvs

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Attests elbow being compared to this is a joke. Except to cry baby's and school girls. Your sig let's me know how confused you are. Bosh and wade compare to magic and bird. Ha. What a joke.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Lulz. These "Cheat" fans can't see anything past their "Leboners".

Artest elbows Harden and gets a seven game suspension...Wade elbows Stephenson and Stern blows him. This league is a laughing stock thanks to Stern and all the Lebron fan boys who condone this ****.

KObe elbows bibby and goes to the finals i dont understand why some of you kobe deep throats like u and illusion cant understand that

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:04 PM
He didn't throw his elbow tho so your point is mute. If he threw it I'd agree with you but e clearly didn't.

:laugh:

You guys are delusional.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Lebron is the "King of Flop".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpGKC62qvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKuKCst6wms

Kobe king of the flop

goes both ways troll

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKuKCst6wms

Kobe king of the flop

goes both ways troll

How many times do you use the word troll in a day?

1000, 10000???

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 04:07 PM

Two can play this game.

http://youtu.be/aUB4a2SPEVE

http://youtu.be/1ZpGKC62qvs

http://youtu.be/SJmyMfpbsMY

http://youtu.be/DotWs4WlIVA

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:07 PM

You guys are delusional.

Dude I know you hate the Heat I get it. But there was no thrown elbow. I guess it's cause the nba is fixed that's why they agree with everyone on espn. Every beat writer etc etc. but your right and everyone else is so wrong because everyone wants the Heat to win. I keep forgetting the whole country wants us to fail. You could be there spokesmen. Wait no they impeach you so they don't look ********.

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I love Ken Berger's ridiculous assessment :facepalm:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22307131/no-suspension-for-heats-dwyane-wade

"Though video replays did not show Wade winding up or using force to hit Stephenson, the Heat star opened himself up to the possibility of a suspension by virtue of making contact with an opponent's head. The NBA has adopted a new concussion policy and has become more vigilant about protecting players from head injuries.

The Knicks' J.R. Smith, for example, was suspended one game for trying to clear the Celtics' Jason Terry out of the way by winding up and connecting his elbow with Terry's chin on a sweep move during their first-round series. But replays of that incident showed Smith tensing up, rearing back and using force to connect with Terry. As weird as the Wade play was, those aspects were lacking."

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:11 PM

You guys are delusional.
Says the guy who compares bosh and wade to magic and bird.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:14 PM
KObe elbows bibby and goes to the finals i dont understand why some of you kobe deep throats like u and illusion cant understand that

They have changed the rules since then and are being inconsistent in the president they have set.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Says the guy who compares bosh and wade to magic and bird.

That would actually be MJ. I was just quoting him.

MTL_123
05-26-2013, 04:17 PM
They have changed the rules since then and are being inconsistent in the president they have set.

ahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahhah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKbs2Y4vo8 skip to 4:15 plz

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:17 PM
That would actually be MJ. I was just quoting him.

So quoting an insecure Jordan when he clearly is confused makes you less confused?

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Dude I know you hate the Heat I get it. But there was no thrown elbow. I guess it's cause the nba is fixed that's why they agree with everyone on espn. Every beat writer etc etc. but your right and everyone else is so wrong because everyone wants the Heat to win. I keep forgetting the whole country wants us to fail. You could be there spokesmen. Wait no they impeach you so they don't look ********.

Come on man.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:21 PM
So quoting an insecure Jordan when he clearly is confused makes you less confused?

Your boy Lebron isn't fit to wear MJ's jock strap.

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 04:23 PM

Yeah, MJ's strap is too small.

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:23 PM
ahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahhah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKbs2Y4vo8 skip to 4:15 plz

What is this? A February game, then what doctored maybe? then published online on youtube two months later?

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:28 PM

Come on man.
Where do you see him thrust is elbow forwards his head? I mean come on. The people who always trash the Heat are the only ones who see that. The nba, espn , radio talk show etc etc all laugh when told he threw his elbow. I wonder why that is? Oh it's cause you hate the Heat.

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Where do you see him thrust is elbow towards his head? I mean come on. The people who always trash the Heat are the only ones who see that. The nba, espn , radio talk show etc etc all laugh when told he threw his elbow. I wonder why that is? Oh it's cause you hate the Heat.

Either way wade plays tonight because he did not throw an elbow.

Captain Moroni
05-26-2013, 04:30 PM
its the right call

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Where do you see him thrust is elbow forwards his head? I mean come on. The people who always trash the Heat are the only ones who see that. The nba, espn , radio talk show etc etc all laugh when told he threw his elbow. I wonder why that is? Oh it's cause you hate the Heat.

So what, it landed on Stephenson's temple accidentally?

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:32 PM

Yea I know Jordan is better then Lebron. What's your point??

t_money25

You guys are delusional.

Could you please post a video of Wade hitting him with an elbow? I'd love to see that since this is what this entire thread is about.....

amos1er

You Heat fans are the worst in the league. You guys can never admit ****. Stern could give Lebron 50 freethrows to win a game and you guys would still feel like it's justified and try to convince everyone else that Lebron is a god and deserves all the *** wiping he gets. It's totally comical.

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:33 PM
So what, it landed on Stephenson's temple accidentally?

No. He jumped straight up. It's a flagrant cause it hit his head but definitely not suspension worthy.

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:35 PM
You Heat fans are the worst in the league. You guys can never admit ****. Stern could give Lebron 50 freethrows to win a game and you guys would still feel like it's justified and try to convince everyone else that Lebron is a god and deserves all the *** wiping he gets. It's totally comical.

I admit when we're gifted things. But this was my suspension worthy. I don't understand why you think the 12 heat haters on psd are right and the nba , espn , basketball executives are wrong. To me that's comical. West threw his elbow. Wade jumped straight up and made contact with stephensons head. Read the rules on flagrant ones and twos. This was not a two

BigBlueCrew
05-26-2013, 04:36 PM
No. He jumped straight up. It's a flagrant cause it hit his head but definitely not suspension worthy.

what???? how can you jump straight up, hit stephenson, start off in indiana territory, and end up in Miami territory????

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 04:39 PM

Did Stern help Miami lose in the finals vs Mavs? C'mon, stop complaining already.

ryang
05-26-2013, 04:39 PM
He didn't throw his elbow. If you can't see that them there is no hope for you. Get a grip. I know you want the Heat to lose. I get it. So have fun arguing pointless ****. He did not throw his elbow. West did though.

t_money25
05-26-2013, 04:48 PM
He didn't throw his elbow. If you can't see that them there is no hope for you. Get a grip. I know you want the Heat to lose. I get it. So have fun arguing pointless ****. He did not throw his elbow. West did though.

The trolls will continue to ignore that fact. They have a pre determined agenda to hate the Heat as much as possible. I'm still waiting for someone to post a video of Wade hitting him in the head with an elbow cause for the life of me I can't find one anywhere on the internet. What makes this even worse is this thread is supposed to be about Stevenson getting hit with an elbow but that never happened.... Smh

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Did Stern help Miami lose in the finals vs Mavs? C'mon, stop complaining already.

^ :laugh: What a fail. Well according to your fellow Heat fan Buckets, Lebron tanked the finals because he was jealous that Wade was going to win the finals MVP.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 04:59 PM
The trolls will continue to ignore that fact. They have a pre determined agenda to hate the Heat as much as possible. I'm still waiting for someone to post a video of Wade hitting him in the head with an elbow cause for the life of me I can't find one anywhere on the internet. What makes this even worse is this thread is supposed to be about Stevenson getting hit with an elbow but that never happened.... Smh

You guys are ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0

Sounds like the announcers were about to rip Wade and then they got a text from Stern telling them to clean it all up. Viewership is down and Stern can't afford to suspend Wade. It was dirty and Stern let Wade get away with it because the ratings are tanking. Nike, Gatorade, and Sprite can't afford for Lebron to only have one ring so Stern has to appease his sponsors. The NBA is a business first and foremost...fair play and integrity come second to profits under the reign of Stern.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:02 PM

No, Lebron's choke job lost them that series. I'm sure if he even somewhat showed up and didn't completely and utterly choke the refs would have done the rest.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:03 PM

Yet Artest got suspended 7 games for basically the same move. Lulz.

ryang
05-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Yet Artest got suspended 7 games for basically the same move. Lulz.

You kids are to funny. It's not the same. Oh wait you don't care you just have nothing better to do so you throw out garbage statements In hopes someone will talk to you. Have fun with this. Wade plays tonight and rightfully so

h2r09
05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
wow i dont come on here much anymore but this amos1ier fella has perfected trolling. well done.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Sounds like the announcers were about to rip Wade and then they got a text from Stern telling them to clean it all up. Viewership is down and Stern can't afford to suspend Wade. It was dirty and Stern let Wade get away with it because the ratings are tanking. Nike, Gatorade, and Sprite can't afford for Lebron to only have one ring so Stern has to appease his sponsors. The NBA is a business first and foremost...fair play and integrity come second to profits under the reign of Stern.^^^^^^

No, Lebron's choke job lost them that series. I'm sure if he even somewhat showed up and didn't completely and utterly choke the refs would have done the rest.

Well according to a Heat fan, I won't name him(Buckets), Lebron tanked the series because he didn't want Wade to win Finals Mvp and ruin his legacy.

The Ooh Child
05-26-2013, 05:17 PM
after seeing that play all I could think was: "And Hansbrough got a technical?"

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:21 PM
You kids are to funny. It's not the same. Oh wait you don't care you just have nothing better to do so you throw out garbage statements In hopes someone will talk to you. Have fun with this. Wade plays tonight and rightfully so

Lulz...yet you responded.

#irony

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:24 PM

Nope.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:35 PM
^^^^^^

Well according to a Heat fan, I won't name him(Buckets), Lebron tanked the series because he didn't want Wade to win Finals Mvp and ruin his legacy.

The sad thing is that he is just like the majority of them...Lost in Lebron's nutsack.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:35 PM
wow i dont come on here much anymore but this amos1ier fella has perfected trolling. well done.

Stop your making me blush.

HoodedSB
05-26-2013, 05:47 PM
No suspension, but it was dirty and unnecessary. As an offensive player I'm pretty sure you aren't entitled to a straight path to wherever you'd like on the floor, and if someone is in the way you move around them, not through them.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
No suspension, but it was dirty and unnecessary. As an offensive player I'm pretty sure you aren't entitled to a straight path to wherever you'd like on the floor, and if someone is in the way you move around them, not through them.

How come they suspend Ron Artest for basically the same thing. I'll admit that Artests was dirtier, but they gave dude 7 games and none for Wade!?! WTF???

Dnovakovic099
05-26-2013, 05:55 PM
For everyone saying it wasn't intentional, why didn't Wade even look back after hitting someone in the head?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 05:57 PM
The sad thing is that he is just like the majority of them...Lost in Lebron's nutsack.

What I don't get is most of the Lebron followers on here are closet fans. :laugh2: It's seriously the weirdest thing ever. I think they just don't want to be called Bandwagon fans.

Dnovakovic099
05-26-2013, 05:58 PM
If it was Stephenson hitting Wade he would be out for the whole series. Lets be real here. I hate you Kobephiles more than the bandwagon heat fan and I like LeBron more than Kobe, but this league caters to its stars. When a star gets hit the other person is suspended. When a star hits its ok. Same would happen if Rose threw the elbow or Kobe. That is the way the NBA is being run.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 06:00 PM
For everyone saying it wasn't intentional, why didn't Wade even look back after hitting someone in the head?

Because it was intentional. Shadows of the Artest elbow...only Laker fans didn't try to lie and act like it was an accident.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 06:02 PM
If it was Stephenson hitting Wade he would be out for the whole series. Lets be real here. I hate you Kobephiles more than the bandwagon heat fan and I like LeBron more than Kobe, but this league caters to its stars. When a star gets hit the other person is suspended. When a star hits its ok. Same would happen if Rose threw the elbow or Kobe. That is the way the NBA is being run.

Nope, the league hasn't helped out the Lakers in a long time now. No team has gotten as much help as the Heat. Lebron has too much money invested in him to fail. It's all about marketing. Lebron was more hyped than any other athlete in history, so when he came up short, the league lent him a helping hand.

Dnovakovic099
05-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Because it was intentional. Shadows of the Artest elbow...only Laker fans didn't try to lie and act like it was an accident.

Uh, that is because your GOD didn't do it.

Dnovakovic099
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Dude Lakers vs. Kings? Cmon man. The Lakers have had a lot of help from the league. Maybe not lately, but Laker fans should be the last to complain. Same goes for Bulls fans, Jordan getting ridiculous calls. I am a Bulls fan.

SportsFanatic10
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM

or he could of been focused on defense late in a close game, which was why he was hustling back anyways lol.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 06:06 PM
or he could of been focused on defense late in a close game, which was why he was hustling back anyways lol.

Oh my you apologists crack me up. :laugh:

amos1er
05-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Uh, that is because your GOD didn't do it.

Don't try to act like Kobe gets even nearly the same calls as Wade or Lebron. Lulz.

Dnovakovic099
05-26-2013, 06:12 PM

I mean none of us can sit here and say Wade definitely did it on purpose or he didn't. We don't know his mindset. However, the same can be said about Artest. I wouldn't suspend Wade either because it is a ***** move to suspend a team's player in a playoff series, but then again I wouldn't have ejected Nazr either. I just think the league caters to the superstarts and unfortunately the Heat have two of them. So, they will end up with getting more calls than other teams. If the Lakers where any good this year the same would be said for them.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Wade is a punkass and a dirty player so the league SHOULD suspend him for stuff like this to call him on his ****. That being said... this wasn't an elbow but more of a forearm shiver and not TOO violent compared to other ones the league has let go.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
05-26-2013, 06:15 PM
The league deff favors lebron and wade ... for instance they flop EVERY TIME they drive to the hoop they always fall down when its not needed at all to try and get a call. (and they usually get a call if anyone looks at them too hard) yet you never see them get a flopping fine and between bron wade and battier the heat flop more then any team I've seen all year

SportsFanatic10
05-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh my you apologists crack me up. :laugh:

you clueless haters make me realize that life could be so much worse...i could be one of you!

Legitimate
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
In all seriousness, Lakers did get robbed a championship, 2007-2008, I remember that series like it was yesterday. Payback from that series with the Kings, haha.

Damn straight Wade should be suspended at least 1 friggin game for that elbow, but then again Stern knows that one game suspension will make The champs instant lose all the money.

ATX
05-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Illusionist and Amos1er sitting in a tree. Nothing new here.

ewmania
05-26-2013, 07:06 PM

hahaha your joking right... what about after the foul when nothing was in play and lance was stlll hurt. wade didn't even go over and slap the butt or shoulder... every player in every situation does that if he didn't mean it only way they dont if it was intentional

A Black Prophet
05-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Nope, the league hasn't helped out the Lakers in a long time now. No team has gotten as much help as the Heat. Lebron has too much money invested in him to fail. It's all about marketing. Lebron was more hyped than any other athlete in history, so when he came up short, the league lent him a helping hand.

Someone must have forgotten that Lakers vs Kings series 2002 I see

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
The league deff favors lebron and wade ... for instance they flop EVERY TIME they drive to the hoop they always fall down when its not needed at all to try and get a call. (and they usually get a call if anyone looks at them too hard) yet you never see them get a flopping fine and between bron wade and battier the heat flop more then any team I've seen all year
^

In all seriousness, Lakers did get robbed a championship, 2007-2008, I remember that series like it was yesterday. Payback from that series with the Kings, haha.

Damn straight Wade should be suspended at least 1 friggin game for that elbow, but then again Stern knows that one game suspension will make The champs instant lose all the money.

Spot on for the first part.

t_money25
05-26-2013, 07:35 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Sounds like the announcers were about to rip Wade and then they got a text from Stern telling them to clean it all up. Viewership is down and Stern can't afford to suspend Wade. It was dirty and Stern let Wade get away with it because the ratings are tanking. Nike, Gatorade, and Sprite can't afford for Lebron to only have one ring so Stern has to appease his sponsors. The NBA is a business first and foremost...fair play and integrity come second to profits under the reign of Stern.

LOL!!!! You're ridiculous! That doesn't show an elbow to the head either lol......I guess since the Lakers aren't in the playoffs you have to come up with lies like this to make yourself feel relevant. Long after the Heat win this years championship you'll still be coming up with more nonsense like this.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Someone must have forgotten that Lakers vs Kings series 2002 I see

Well, I can express my thoughts for some of you who clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

amos1er
05-26-2013, 08:29 PM
LOL!!!! You're ridiculous! That doesn't show an elbow to the head either lol......I guess since the Lakers aren't in the playoffs you have to come up with lies like this to make yourself feel relevant. Long after the Heat win this years championship you'll still be coming up with more nonsense like this.

Funny how the only people who deny that Stephenson got elbowed are crazed Heat fans. Pretty much everyone else including the NBA knows that play was dirty. In fact, the NBA said it was a flagrant foul, they just conveniently didn't add a suspension. Lulz...So they admit it's a flagrant, yet you still wont admit it. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

ryang
05-26-2013, 11:11 PM
It's only a flagrant because the head was contacted. But everyone feels it was not worth a suspension. Turn on a tv and listen and maybe you'd know everyone feels the opposite of you. Close thread. Heat win. Now go to game 3s thread and cry about the refs. Lmao. We won't mind

still1ballin
05-26-2013, 11:18 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see if a similar incidents happens during a game and how the league calls it

amos1er
05-27-2013, 01:15 AM
It's gonna be interesting to see if a similar incidents happens during a game and how the league calls it

Yes, very interesting indeed.

Of course Metta did get 7 games for his elbow...

HoodedSB
05-27-2013, 02:12 AM
How come they suspend Ron Artest for basically the same thing. I'll admit that Artests was dirtier, but they gave dude 7 games and none for Wade!?! WTF???
We're talking about the guy that started a brawl and punched a fan right? Yeah that's what I thought. Wade has had some questionable moments like the rondo thing, but they are somewhat open to interpretation, unlike ron climbing into the stands at the palace and wailing on some poor guy. I'm a laker fan btw, and I agreed with rons suspension (thought 7 games was excessive though). Wade was being reckless and collided with someone, and I think what ron did to harden was more malicious.

chipurmunki
05-27-2013, 05:44 AM
that's a bs move by the league. they want to 'clean up play' for everyone but the heat. that was not a basketball play, it was premeditated, he wasn't looking, and for no reason left his feet and led with his elbow. in hockey, that's a suspension of at least 3 games. it's a dick move by dick player, and the league is **** for this one.

ryang
05-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Blind hate. It's a combination. Has to be.

chipurmunki
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
wade's a dick and lebron is an entitled *****.

they're perfect for each other.