PDA

View Full Version : What is your team realistic offseason need?

LTBaByyy
05-25-2013, 01:00 PM
The Mavs were top 10 in offensive stats but but bottom 5 in defensive stats

Instead of dreaming of Howard (Which I rather have CP3) I want a defensive center here and be like the Pacers and Grizzlies where defense wins you games

So my offseason need will be Pekovic of Bynum

Tyson Chandler was injury prone before being a Mav. So I believe we can keep Pek or Bynum healthy.

We have the best training staff in NBA (Used for the USA Olympics, not Suns)

What about you all? Be realistic

Chronz
05-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I really want Brandon Bass on this Clippers team. Would love Manhimi or Asik

Swashcuff
05-25-2013, 01:11 PM
A healthy Andrew Bynum :shrug:

jericho
05-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I know its not realistic but damn it i want Iggy on the knicks team.

Felton
Shump
Iggy
Melo
Chandler

But yeah i know we got no chance at all :(

Gators123
05-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Well the Pistons have a ton of cap space, so you know what that means. If Iggy opts out Dumars will probably offer him a ton of money. And we will most likely be able to get Shabazz if we want him in the draft.

Knight
Shabazz
Iggy
Monroe
Drummond

hugepatsfan
05-25-2013, 01:31 PM

BOS gets: G Eric Bledsoe, C DeAndre Jordan, F Grant Hill, 1st round pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, F Brandon Bass

Hill has to be included to make the money work. If KG is willing to come back and play for the Clippers, I think that trade would be great for both sides.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Well the Pistons have a ton of cap space, so you know what that means. If Iggy opts out Dumars will probably offer him a ton of money. And we will most likely be able to get Shabazz if we want him in the draft.

Knight
Shabazz
Iggy
Monroe
Drummond

You guys were talking about Rondo in the past... think there would still be any interest in him and if so what do you think would be a reasonable offer from a DET perspective.

LTBaByyy
05-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I would also love Big Al on the team. Even Dalembert because all he does is play defense and rebound

So many centers this offseason, we need to get one

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Getting Hinkie addresses our biggest need.

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Talent.

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 02:28 PM
The Mavs were top 10 in offensive stats but but bottom 5 in defensive stats

Instead of dreaming of Howard (Which I rather have CP3) I want a defensive center here and be like the Pacers and Grizzlies where defense wins you games

So my offseason need will be Pekovic of Bynum

Tyson Chandler was injury prone before being a Mav. So I believe we can keep Pek or Bynum healthy.

We have the best training staff in NBA (Used for the USA Olympics, not Suns)

What about you all? Be realistic

Pek's not really a defensive C.

LAcowBOMBER
05-25-2013, 02:36 PM
A healthy Bynum is not realistic

I'd like Howard and Pierce

LongWayFromHome
05-25-2013, 02:50 PM
If Mavs start the season WITHOUT any of the following I will be happy (and in this order):

Brandon Jennings
Overspending
Josh Smith

I think it is realistic to pull that off. There are plenty of FA that should be available for appropriate prices.

PS - it is unrealistic to think we will make a good choice with the 13th pick so just expect that to be terrible.

DoMeFavors
05-25-2013, 03:02 PM
I dont know I think the mavs could use all the help they can but no free agents ever sign there. Mavs only get people through trades to be honest I dont see any free agent stars going there.

lol, please
05-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Dwight Howard.

RLundi
05-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Ben McLemore, CJ McCollum/Michael Carter-Williams and Eric Bledsoe.

Goose17
05-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Just retain what we already have and then stay healthy.

TrueFan420
05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Warriors bring back jack, healthy team and one more piece on the bench which could be solved with a healthy rush.

Chacarron
05-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Sasha Vujacic.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2013, 03:18 PM
a real SG, and health

Minimal
05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Roy Hibbert :D

DDynO
05-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Defense.

gbrl
05-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Jarret jack for the pacers

D-Leethal
05-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Rebounder with a jump shot + speedy backup PG.

D-Leethal
05-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Jarret jack for the pacers

Pacers definitely need an upgrade at backup PG. A true 6th man puts them over the top.

BigEric
05-25-2013, 06:06 PM
As a Kings fan...

... I don't even know anymore lol. New management, new GM, new coach. Developed a losing identity and it's lasted for a good 6,7 years now.. everything needs to change.

mdm692
05-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Realistically Andrew Bynum, Victor Oladipo, Jeff Withey and an additional mid lotto pick.

mdm692
05-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh and Earl Clark.

mzgrizz
05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
3 point shooter
Another defensive minded SG

mightybosstone
05-25-2013, 07:26 PM
The Rockets need three things: a reliable No. 2 scorer, a low post scoring option and improved defense. Dwight Howard helps in all areas, but if Houston can't make that happen, I think they should wait a while until someone comes around who can. I have no desire to overpay for Jefferson, Millsap or Smith. I'd even be okay with the Rockets getting Dwight and playing both he and Asik on the floor at the same time.

ryder78c
05-25-2013, 08:02 PM
as a Blazers fan i want it to go

Draft - Shabazz Muhammad
Sign - O'neal,Mayo or ellis,try to get a center Jordan,Lopez,Bynum,Sam D,Mcgee
Resign - Maynor

ARMIN12NBA
05-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Athletic shooters. And re-sign Dwight Howard.

ArmLaker
05-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Stay healthy and give some of the younger players more responsibility and give this thing another shot. Then by summer 2014 we'll be able to sign LBJ, Love, George and re-sign Kobe and Gasol on the cheap to pair them up with D12 and Nash.

Jenceman
05-25-2013, 08:11 PM
The Rockets need three things: a reliable No. 2 scorer, a low post scoring option and improved defense. Dwight Howard helps in all areas, but if Houston can't make that happen, I think they should wait a while until someone comes around who can. I have no desire to overpay for Jefferson, Millsap or Smith. I'd even be okay with the Rockets getting Dwight and playing both he and Asik on the floor at the same time.

I don't get why people keep saying this. Dwight and Asik on the floor together would be terrible. Absolutely no space to drive the ball at all. Offense would suck.

R. Johnson#3
05-25-2013, 08:12 PM
1. Get rid of Bargnani
2. Get rid of Kleiza
3. Get rid of Andersen
4. Get rid of Colangelo (done)
5. Get rid of Telfair

Jenceman
05-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Stay healthy and give some of the younger players more responsibility and give this thing another shot. Then by summer 2014 we'll be able to sign LBJ, Love, George and re-sign Kobe and Gasol on the cheap to pair them up with D12 and Nash.

You're making Laker fans look bad. Stop.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Want grizz to draft a athletic big (preferably a shot blocker) and bring in shooter via fa or draft.

Some names that intrigue me:
Reddick
Korver
Belinelli

Draft

Tim hardaway jr
James southerland
Gourgi dieng
Robert Covington
James ennis

Lakers + Giants
05-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Re-sign dwight.

Fire Antoni.

Lakers + Giants
05-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Stay healthy and give some of the younger players more responsibility and give this thing another shot. Then by summer 2014 we'll be able to sign LBJ, Love, George and re-sign Kobe and Gasol on the cheap to pair them up with D12 and Nash.:laugh:

mightybosstone
05-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't get why people keep saying this. Dwight and Asik on the floor together would be terrible. Absolutely no space to drive the ball at all. Offense would suck.

I would have thought that, too, except Greg Smith was essentially the Rockets starting PF at the end of the season and he has no more range at the 4 than Dwight Howard would have. That being said, I think if Houston does add Dwight, the best course of action would be to turn around and trade Asik for a comparably starting PF. If the Rockets ended up trading Asik to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, though, they could feasibly have enough cap to add someone like David West or Paul Millsap with their remaining cap space.

mightybosstone
05-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Re-sign dwight.

Fire Antoni.

You wouldn't also amnesty Artest? I actually think the best move would be to amnesty Kobe, but if the guy is legitimately determined to come back this season for a couple of months, you have to make one of your all-time franchise guys happy.

IndyRealist
05-25-2013, 10:03 PM
In no particular order, the Pacers need:

* To figure out the PF position. Our starter, backup, and 3rd stringer (David West, Tyler Hansbrough, Jeff Pendergraph) are all free agents.
* Backup PG. DJ Augustin isn't the answer, though he's been decent.
* A defensive minded combo forward. The combination of Sam Young and Gerald Green aren't cutting it.

The 2nd and 3rd points could both be solved by Danny Granger coming back healthy. Whether he starts or comes off the bench, that allows us to play Lance Stephenson as backup PG. Granger could also serve as a 3rd PF in a pinch, as he has an underrated post game.

DTownSkitzo
05-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Detroit Pistons

-Draft Shabazz or Bennett for SF
-Overpay Iggy or Mayo for SG
-Sign Earl Clark (hopefully) or someone else as a backup big
-Resign Will Bynum
-Hire Brian Shaw as head coach
-Andre Drummond develops a post move or 2 because he plans to meet with Hakeem

mdm692
05-25-2013, 10:11 PM
:laugh:.More like Rudy Gay and Andre Bargnani.

smith&wesson
05-25-2013, 10:37 PM
A bench and new coach

Blitzbolt
05-26-2013, 12:42 AM
shooter+shooters+shooters.

Memphis Grizzlies.

DoMeFavors
05-26-2013, 01:30 AM
a real SG, and health

suprised last year you said Roy was good enough and Wolves would make the playoffs regardless. Or you going back on your word?

PacersForLife
05-26-2013, 01:47 AM
I think we'll re-sign West for sure. Having Granger back will be nice. I would love having Jarret Jack back here, but I'm guessing he'll want a decent amount of money, also a big possibility he re-signs with GS. We could also use another wing scorer to put next to Granger on the bench (assuming Granger comes off the bench.) I really hope we can find a steal in the draft.

BirdIsTheWord
05-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Shooter. Korver or Reddick would be ideal.

hornetsfansydne
05-26-2013, 02:05 AM
suprised last year you said Roy was good enough and Wolves would make the playoffs regardless. Or you going back on your word?

Out of pure curiosity, what do you think the Nets need this offseason?

ArmLaker
05-26-2013, 02:21 AM
:laugh:.More like Rudy Gay and Andre Bargnani.

Yeah because LBJ or Paul George and even Kevin Love would hate to come to the LA Lakers. Or any other player for that matter.

Oj&mayonnaise
05-26-2013, 02:23 AM
anybody want oj mayo ?

ArmLaker
05-26-2013, 02:24 AM
We'll take him.

Oj&mayonnaise
05-26-2013, 02:27 AM
he would look good and play better in purple and gold

Vinny642
05-26-2013, 03:06 AM
Getting a PG like Bledose or through the draft, same with SF

Heediot
05-26-2013, 06:30 AM
BOS gets: G Eric Bledsoe, C DeAndre Jordan, F Grant Hill, 1st round pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, F Brandon Bass

Hill has to be included to make the money work. If KG is willing to come back and play for the Clippers, I think that trade would be great for both sides.

Clippers are giving up too much. They could find better deals to package Bledsoe in.

tr3ymill3r
05-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Every team wants Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. If you end up with Monta Ellis and Andrew Bynum you will just be ridiculed because they are likely to ask for similar money but have none of the star attraction or the same on court production.

bigsams50
05-26-2013, 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure The Wolves would have made the playoffs had they not had so many injuries. ITs hard to project injuries when you project how well your team will do

bagwell368
05-26-2013, 10:24 AM

K, what do you offer for Bass? Anyone else? Rondo cheap? KG?

hugepatsfan
05-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Clippers are giving up too much. They could find better deals to package Bledsoe in.

They might be able to find a younger player that can play longer, but there isn't a guy that's going to be available through trade that would have as great an impact on the 2013-14 Clippers team as KG. And Bledsoe is an RFA next offseason and S&Ts with that can be tricky so this is probably the year they have to trade him. They can get a younger player like Eric Gordon who isn't as good as KG now but has a long shelf life. Or they can take the older guy in KG, get a good year out of him and then have cap space the following offseason to add a 3rd star to CP3 and Blake. If they think Gordon or any young guy they can get is worth having on the books long term as the 3rd star, then they should go that route. Otherwise, they should take the greater short term improvement with no long term commitment.

Chronz
05-26-2013, 05:27 PM
a real SG, and health
Whats wrong with sexy alexy

Clippersfan86
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I think all the needs on the Clips can realistically be addressed through trades, draft and MLE.

We need a starting SG who can defend and hit 3's. We also need a similar SF who can defend and hit the 3. Then lastly we an upgrade at center probably. Although if we can get one of the Van Gundy's in here to coach I'd give DeAndre 1 more year to prove himself under a better bigman coach.

Clippers have 3 starting lineup holes and a huge coaching decision to make. If they can address the 3 starting lineup spots decently and hire a top tier coach then we can talk about NBA finals next year.

Trade Bledsoe+DJ for Afflalo+Vujevic. Draft a SG like Allen Crabbe. Use MLE to get Paul Pierce.

Paul
Afflalo
Pierce
Griffin
Vujevic

6th man: Crawford

Shkelqim
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
From the Sixers stand point, i think we need to try and get Bynum healthy. Draft a SG, trade Evan Turner. Let Jrue and Bynum become the force we envisioned last year

IBleedPurple
05-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Resign Iggy
Get a reliable outside shooter

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Whats wrong with sexy alexy

he hit the rookie wall, and it knocked him down to D-League talent. He was awful the 2nd half. Besides, with his skillset, he should be leading the 2nd unit imo.

NoahH
05-27-2013, 02:54 AM
A team in Seattle / Vancouver

JPS
05-27-2013, 03:11 AM
For the Sixers I would like to come into next year with a team incapable of winning more than 20 games. And a coach who will embrace the tank.

Asik's better
05-27-2013, 06:12 AM
For Houston, Dwight Howard or josh smith.

HouRealCoach
05-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Knicks need would be 4 who can hit a mid range jumper, block shots, and rebound

lavilevi23
05-27-2013, 06:56 AM
a defensive minded SG and big C. If Greg Oden is close to being healthy I'd try him.

PhillyFaninLA
05-27-2013, 07:31 AM
For the Sixers I would like to come into next year with a team incapable of winning more than 20 games. And a coach who will embrace the tank.

You are no fan.

True fans don't root for loses.

We can trade Turner and Thad for expiring contracts and first rounders this year, heck I'd even consider trading Jrue for expiring contracts and a top 10 pick this year and an unprotected pick first rounder next year....we can end up with 3 first rounders between 11 - 20 this year (and maybe a top 10 this year and a potential lottery pick next year in trading Jrue). Have $11 million to sign a SG or F/C and then (for the very last thing see if we can get a cap friendly 1 year deal) we sign Bynum and hope he can actually stay healthy and earn a max deal.

The draft this year isn't so bad, it just doesn't have the superstar....I think this is a draft with a bunch of good starters and you can build a core this year. I'm all for completely cleaning house and starting over but I would rather be the 8th seed, young, and getting better then root for loses. Look at the Pacers and Memphis, you don't need a top 3 pick to become good. You just have to know how to draft.

Kjthunder
05-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Thunder- Dont want to go into luxury tax so cant sign any FAs for over 4 million a year, Dream would be to amnesty Perk but i doubt they do that. So via draft, get Gorgei Dieng/Olynyk at #12 or trade up and grab Len. Then at #29 draft Sergei Karasov/Isaiah Caanan(eventual replacement for Jackson once he goes FA)/ or Jamaal Franklin. And lastly at #32 draft Jeff Whitey/Reggie Bullock/Glen Rice Jr/or Ryan Kelly.

But most likely we will draft a good player at #12 then a couple of stash picks with #29 and 32. So get a servicable big in the draft and actually GIVE playing time to Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones and let them develop! Id prefer a depth chart of this next season:

Russ/Jackson/Caanan
Thabo/Lamb/Liggins
Durant/Jones
Ibaka/Collison
Dieng/Perkins/Thabeet

deaner
05-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I would have thought that, too, except Greg Smith was essentially the Rockets starting PF at the end of the season and he has no more range at the 4 than Dwight Howard would have. That being said, I think if Houston does add Dwight, the best course of action would be to turn around and trade Asik for a comparably starting PF. If the Rockets ended up trading Asik to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, though, they could feasibly have enough cap to add someone like David West or Paul Millsap with their remaining cap space.

nevermind, I thought you were saying Lakers could have cap space...

deaner
05-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah because LBJ or Paul George and even Kevin Love would hate to come to the LA Lakers. Or any other player for that matter.

Lakers aren't what they once were. They are a bear team for sure. Proof? One name.... JIMMY Buss

The Lakers have lost their mojo and with the new CBA it's going to be very tough to get it back. Dantoni is hardly a draw.

PhillyFaninLA
05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Lakers aren't what they once were. They are a bear team for sure. Proof? One name.... JIMMY Buss

The Lakers have lost their mojo and with the new CBA it's going to be very tough to get it back. Dantoni is hardly a draw.

I can't stand the Lakers but I will say this...since day 1 of the NBA the Lakers and Celtics have always figured out a way to get good. Jimmy Buss or not I would not count them out.

JPS
05-27-2013, 11:50 AM

You are no fan.

True fans don't root for loses.

We can trade Turner and Thad for expiring contracts and first rounders this year, heck I'd even consider trading Jrue for expiring contracts and a top 10 pick this year and an unprotected pick first rounder next year....we can end up with 3 first rounders between 11 - 20 this year (and maybe a top 10 this year and a potential lottery pick next year in trading Jrue). Have $11 million to sign a SG or F/C and then (for the very last thing see if we can get a cap friendly 1 year deal) we sign Bynum and hope he can actually stay healthy and earn a max deal.

The draft this year isn't so bad, it just doesn't have the superstar....I think this is a draft with a bunch of good starters and you can build a core this year. I'm all for completely cleaning house and starting over but I would rather be the 8th seed, young, and getting better then root for loses. Look at the Pacers and Memphis, you don't need a top 3 pick to become good. You just have to know how to draft.

We tried that it didnt work. I have had enough 8th seeds. Lets do what actual good teams do not the ok teams you mentioned. Lets get a real superstar in the draft. Then build around him.