PDA

View Full Version : Is the SF position now as deep as the PG position?

LTBaByyy
05-25-2013, 12:02 AM
It has been Lebron, Melo, Durant, and Pierce for years

Now we have these guys up and coming:

Deng
George
Butler
Gay
Parsons
Leonard
Barnes
Batum
Gallo
Kidd-Gilchrist
W Chandler

NYKnickFanatic
05-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Wilson Chandler
Danny Granger

still1ballin
05-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Paul George!

Do the LT

:dance:

YouCan'tBeatLA
05-25-2013, 12:09 AM
When Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker enter the league, then definitely.

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 12:25 AM
No.

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 12:27 AM
It has been Lebron, Melo, Durant, and Pierce for years

Now we have these guys up and coming:

Deng
George
Butler
Gay
Parsons
Leonard
Barnes
Batum
Gallo
Kidd-Gilchrist
W Chandler

(Excluding the top 4 on your list) Aside from Parsons and George, non of these guys are better than their teams PG. Also Butler and Deng play SF at the same time?

YouCan'tBeatLA
05-25-2013, 12:35 AM
(Excluding the top 4 on your list) Aside from Parsons and George, non of these guys are better than their teams PG. Also Butler and Deng play SF at the same time?

Lowry is better than Gay?

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Lowry is better than Gay?

Year, Rudy Gay played like **** for the Raps outside of a few winners.

murphturph
05-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Year, Rudy Gay played like **** for the Raps outside of a few winners.

You clearly have not followed the raptors... On a brand new team coming in mid season he did exceptionally well IMO. He started well, had a rought stretch in the middle, then played very efficiently down the stretch. We play 500+ ball with him on the team... Give him more time to jell with the team, and hell yeah i think he will be great with us

Cal827
05-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Rudy Gay, doing the LT on the Raptors :dance:

ThunderousDemon
05-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Paul George Lakers 2014

Stunner
05-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Nope There are like 25 PG's that could be all stars and counting

b@llhog24
05-25-2013, 02:10 AM
You clearly have not followed the raptors... On a brand new team coming in mid season he did exceptionally well IMO. He started well, had a rought stretch in the middle, then played very efficiently down the stretch. We play 500+ ball with him on the team... Give him more time to jell with the team, and hell yeah i think he will be great with us

Well they're not an exciting team so no I don't follow a **** ton of Raptor games. I watch about 5-7 of them after Gay got traded there so admittedly I'm making an analytic read. However if he only was there for the second half of the season my point still holds true. Lowry was a more impactful player for TOR this year.

TrueFan420
05-25-2013, 02:18 AM
Paul George Lakers 2014

O god please don't start this non sense

ThaDubs
05-25-2013, 02:26 AM
:dance:

Redrum187
05-25-2013, 06:01 AM
No, I just don't see the SF as deep as the PG position. I would say there is a slight push in the amount of quality SF however.

A Black Prophet
05-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Lebron is playing against more competition the Jordan thats a fact

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 03:14 PM
no way, the PG position is still the deepest in the league.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM

Rudy Gay is super underrated and hated on this site for some odd reason.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Lebron is playing against more competition the Jordan thats a fact

Worst dupe troll ever.

OceanSpray
05-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Nah, PG's are just on another level in terms of abundance.

Tony Parker
Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Damian Lillard
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Jrue Holiday
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Ricky Rubio
Ty Lawson
Mike Conley

Just way too many.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Rudy Gay is underrated? The dude is a ball stopping chucker.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-26-2013, 04:57 PM

He's a lot better than most of you claim, He make him seem as bad as Barg or something.

Twins Fanatic
05-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Naw trick

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Rudy Gay is not underrated. He is not an all star talent, yet I read for years on this site that he belonged there. He is rated just where he should be. Good starting SF, nowhere near the elite.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-26-2013, 06:45 PM
To me, in terms of present value:

Tier 1:
James
Durant
Anthony
Pierce
George

Tier 2:
Deng
Gallinari
Batum
Parsons
Gay

Tier 3:
Leonard
Butler
Barnes
Harris
Granger

Tier 4:
Turner
Ilyasova
Kirilenko
W. Chandler
Kidd-Gilchrist

Tier 5:
Korver
World Peace
Marion
C. Butler
Gee

For Comparison:

Tier 1:
CP3
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

Tier 2:
Williams
Curry
Irving
Wall
Holliday

Tier 3:
Lillard
Conley
Lawson
Rubio
Jennings

Tier 4:
Vaquez
J. Teague
Dragic
Walker
Evans

Tier 5:
Lowry
Nash
Calderon
Hill
Lin

Definitely not as lopsided as it has been in the recent past, but I would still definitely take the PGs as being deeper.

HouRealCoach
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Rudy Gay is not underrated. He is not an all star talent, yet I read for years on this site that he belonged there. He is rated just where he should be. Good starting SF, nowhere near the elite.

I have to agree with him on here, Rudy Gay is usually a 45-47% shooting with 20ppg & about 6-7 rebounds and great defense... One bad year where he doesn't shoot good you guys have acted like he's Darius Songalia or something

Best PG's are CP3, Parker, Rondo, Deron (who was clearly a product of Sloan) Westbrook (who is really a SG), Rose (who is also a SG), Irving, Wall, & Curry

After that is guys like Holiday, Lawson, Lillard, Lowry, Dragic, etc. who are not really top tier

LeBron, Durant, Melo were all top 5 players this year, maybe the top 3

George, Gay, Deng, Gallanari, Pierce, Granger are all good

I think after Wiggins, Parker, and the other prospects get here it will become the top position and dominate this next era like C's dominated the 90's or how PF's dominated the 00's

xxplayerxx23
05-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Rudy Gay is super underrated and hated on this site for some odd reason.

Yeah he isn't bad just overpaid and is seen as a chucker

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 07:29 PM
To me, in terms of present value:

Tier 1:
James
Durant
Anthony
Pierce
George

Tier 2:
Deng
Gallinari
Batum
Parsons
Gay

Tier 3:
Leonard
Butler
Barnes
Harris
Granger

Tier 4:
Turner
Ilyasova
Kirilenko
W. Chandler
Kidd-Gilchrist

Tier 5:
Korver
World Peace
Marion
C. Butler
Gee

For Comparison:

Tier 1:
CP3
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

Tier 2:
Williams
Curry
Irving
Wall
Holliday

Tier 3:
Lillard
Conley
Lawson
Rubio
Jennings

Tier 4:
Vaquez
J. Teague
Dragic
Walker
Evans

Tier 5:
Lowry
Nash
Calderon
Hill
Lin

Definitely not as lopsided as it has been in the recent past, but I would still definitely take the PGs as being deeper.

I would drop Rondo to tier 3, but good breakdown, at least to get the names up there.

A Black Prophet
05-26-2013, 07:29 PM
He is underrated but he is a chucker I Must say i think george is better though

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
I have to agree with him on here, Rudy Gay is usually a 45-47% shooting with 20ppg & about 6-7 rebounds and great defense... One bad year where he doesn't shoot good you guys have acted like he's Darius Songalia or something

Best PG's are CP3, Parker, Rondo, Deron (who was clearly a product of Sloan) Westbrook (who is really a SG), Rose (who is also a SG), Irving, Wall, & Curry

After that is guys like Holiday, Lawson, Lillard, Lowry, Dragic, etc. who are not really top tier

LeBron, Durant, Melo were all top 5 players this year, maybe the top 3

George, Gay, Deng, Gallanari, Pierce, Granger are all good

I think after Wiggins, Parker, and the other prospects get here it will become the top position and dominate this next era like C's dominated the 90's or how PF's dominated the 00's

career high PER of 17.8, which was 3 years ago. Well under the average TS% for his position, offensive rating of 103, which is average starter, and WS/48 of .080, which is so far from being an all star, its not even funny.

People fall in love with shot creating, volume scorers, without putting into context whether all that scoring does **** to help his team. Combine the money he makes, and he is the type of player that can cost a GM his job ultimately.

I am not saying the guy sucks. I am saying his price range should be $7-8 million per year, tops. He is nowhere near elite, and shouldn't be more than your 3-4th option.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2013, 07:32 PM
He is underrated but he is a chucker I Must say i think george is better though

George is exponentially better than Rudy Gay.

A Black Prophet
05-26-2013, 09:31 PM
career high PER of 17.8, which was 3 years ago. Well under the average TS% for his position, offensive rating of 103, which is average starter, and WS/48 of .080, which is so far from being an all star, its not even funny.

People fall in love with shot creating, volume scorers, without putting into context whether all that scoring does **** to help his team. Combine the money he makes, and he is the type of player that can cost a GM his job ultimately.

I am not saying the guy sucks. I am saying his price range should be $7-8 million per year, tops. He is nowhere near elite, and shouldn't be more than your 3-4th option.

Would you agree he's better then Joe Johnson:yawn:

OceanSpray
05-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Rudy Gay is overrated and playing on an average team showed just that. He can't lead a team and I really thought he could've been a top 15 player.