PDA

View Full Version : NBA upgrades foul to flagrant on Mahinimi/Lebron

Gagan136
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRHE_dgQelU

If that was called a flagrant in game, the Heat would have had 2 shots and possession. Do you agree with the NBA?

NYKnickFanatic
05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
:laugh2: of course they would change that call.

The NBA Is so soft...

And yes, he didn't make a play on the ball, but LeBron didn't need to fall on the floor and roll over, IMO.

Knick_Fever
05-24-2013, 07:16 PM
They need to upgrade battier's foul on hibbert. That was dirty as hell.

tmacsc2
05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Lol lebron went flying like he was an alligator that got caught in their death roll lmao

Raps18-19 Champ
05-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Trying to keep it consistent with the call made on Manu Ginobili.

--23--
05-24-2013, 07:22 PM
SMH That's not a flagrant foul

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2013, 07:47 PM
That looked like a light grab. No way mahimi is strong enough to do that

Avenged
05-24-2013, 07:49 PM
The intent was there and that's what it really comes down to it.

dalton749
05-24-2013, 07:54 PM
if u pull a guy out of the air there is clearly some bad intention behind it

Slug3
05-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't think it was one. But feel they had to with the flagrant Allen got from Manu.

kenzo400
05-24-2013, 07:59 PM
:laugh2: of course they would change that call.

The NBA Is so soft...

And yes, he didn't make a play on the ball, but LeBron didn't need to fall on the floor and roll over, IMO.

The real question is, why didn't Lebron get fined for flopping? Tony Allen got fined for exaggerating contact, but nothing for Lebron for doing the same thing.

Slug3
05-24-2013, 08:06 PM
The real question is, why didn't Lebron get fined for flopping? Tony Allen got fined for exaggerating contact, but nothing for Lebron for doing the same thing.

Lebron didn't act like he was hurt.

SteveNash
05-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Clearly flagrant, refs really blew it.

kenzo400
05-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Lebron didn't act like he was hurt.

I thought the charge was for "exaggerated contact" not for "faking being hurt" Lebron certainly exaggerated the contact.

JoeBlessU
05-24-2013, 08:10 PM

Lebron doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else in the league... He is the chosen one. He should be allowed to call his own fouls during the game

alexander_37
05-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Soft :pity:

Slug3
05-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I thought the charge was for "exaggerated contact" not for "faking being hurt" Lebron certainly exaggerated the contact.

He got pulled down. I'm not sure how he was suppose to react unless you wanted him to fly away or something. I agree it was really just a foul. But it was a hard one still. Nothing I thought should warrant a flagrant. But again with Manu getting it against Tony I think the NBA wanted to keep face with the calls and wanted to show that "hey they are both flagrants". But still both were not.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Nba: Where softness happens.

nastynice
05-24-2013, 08:20 PM
I guess technically it IS a flagrant cuz he didn't make a play on the ball. But I think that definition is bad, if someone way bigger is about to dunk on someone way smaller on like a fast break or something, and the smaller guy wraps up the bigger guy, imo that's a good foul, not a freakin flagrant foul.

Slug3
05-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I guess technically it IS a flagrant cuz he didn't make a play on the ball. But I think that definition is bad, if someone way bigger is about to dunk on someone way smaller on like a fast break or something, and the smaller guy wraps up the bigger guy, imo that's a good foul, not a freakin flagrant foul.

I was thinking the same thing. Howard's and shaq back in the day would just be held all the time. No play on the ball was even made, they just wanted to make sure no shot gets off.

kenzo400
05-24-2013, 08:24 PM
He got pulled down. I'm not sure how he was suppose to react unless you wanted him to fly away or something. I agree it was really just a foul. But it was a hard one still. Nothing I thought should warrant a flagrant. But again with Manu getting it against Tony I think the NBA wanted to keep face with the calls and wanted to show that "hey they are both flagrants". But still both were not.

Tony Allen got pulled down actually worse because he was running at a faster speed and had less control of his own body. Lebron slowed down, got pulled on the elbow and then rolled on the floor as if he got hit while running 30 miles an hour.

Either way, I think the charge for exaggerated contact is a bit silly anyway. It actually was a flagrant foul and Tony Allens acting afterwards is irrelevant to the call. That was the right call.

kenzo400
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM

Good point and half the time you can't even tell if a play on the ball was made. You could have been going for the ball but because you misjudged the shooters speed, ended up hitting him on the elbow.

It seems that these flagrant fouls are only called when the opposing player falls on the floor. This is kind of silly, since this should make absolutely no difference.

Hustla23
05-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I think pulling someone down on their arm while they are going up in the air is a seriously dangerous move. Even if Allen and Lebron didn't get hurt, they were literally projected face downwards into the ground because of a tug.

Clippersfan86
05-24-2013, 08:57 PM
So they never went back and upgraded Ibaka's MUCH worse nutshot on Griffin but they do it for Lebron of course. ****** ***, corrupt league.

ThaDubs
05-24-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm so done. **** the NBA man, **** the NBA. This is a league of *******.

Clippersfan86
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM

Seriously ****ing ******** the favoritism that goes on. Makes me wonder if the best players would still be as clearly the best if they were treated and reffed 100 percent equally to the non stars.

Gagan136
05-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Personally i don't think its a flagrant, and i wonder if they would have changed it if Miami ended up losing game one?

ThunderousDemon
05-25-2013, 01:01 AM

There is no need

to be upset.

Khri
05-25-2013, 01:03 AM
There is no need

to be upset.
:laugh2:

ThaDubs
05-25-2013, 01:40 AM
Seriously ****ing ******** the favoritism that goes on. Makes me wonder if the best players would still be as clearly the best if they were treated and reffed 100 percent equally to the non stars.

If it was on some random guy like CJ Miles nobody would ever even know about it.

ThaDubs
05-25-2013, 01:41 AM
There is no need

to be upset.

:laugh:

IndyRealist
05-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Lebron doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else in the league... He is the chosen one. He should be allowed to call his own fouls during the game

He does call his own fouls. Sam Young game him a hard foul (true) and Lebron got in Young's face. Young got a tech.

IndyRealist
05-25-2013, 12:57 PM
I think pulling someone down on their arm while they are going up in the air is a seriously dangerous move. Even if Allen and Lebron didn't get hurt, they were literally projected face downwards into the ground because of a tug.

Big men are taught that if you have to foul, you keep the opponent from raising his arms over his head so they aren't in a shooting motion.

NY007
05-25-2013, 01:18 PM
This is gonna be a rough series, the NBA needs to back off and let **** play out.

hugepatsfan
05-25-2013, 01:27 PM

Because one of the best players in the NBA (in this case the undisputed #1) being fined for flopping is a real bad look for the league. It's not a Lebron thing, it's a star player thing. Don't hold your breath on any major, major names being fined for it.